Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

At least there was actual food at the Kiriakis house.

Sarah, stop acting like you are 12.

The flashbacks to the very young Philip and Chloe were nice. The parade of unusual guests? Well, it was different. Xander and Chloe? Justin and Bonnie and Victor being civil to her because she left all the money she had to Adrienne's cancer treatment thing? A bit too Christmasey. Who brings a potted poinsettia to a cemetery? Odd that Justin would be crying over his dead wife and then kissing her doppelganger.

The Kristen dream of Maggie and Victor being servants? Why?

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Kristin's flashback was... something. I love Cranky!Victor, and I get why she would want both he and Xander to suffer, but what has Maggie done, other than be married to Victor? She was a victim of their schemes too - and almost took her own life because of it.

Yup.  Kristin's favorite fantasy is being a complete bitch.  She sure has changed.  Great how motherhood has made her a better person - she shouldn't actually be in prison at all, right?🙄

• LOL 4
  • Love 12

Ugh this episode was a bore.  The only good thing about it was Xander trying to mimic the misteltoe thing Sarah and Philip did only to have Chloe tell him that it wasn't going to happen. 

I wouldn't mind the light hearted games they're playing except it'd only be fun if the actually played up Philip and Sarah as having a bit more potential.  I get that they want LG to play wacky but I don't think she's a natural wacky actress.  Melissa Reeves and Matt Ashford could be naturally wacky.  The Gwen actress has some natural wackiness to her.  LG, who I actually like mostly as an actress, does not. 

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

At least there was actual food at the Kiriakis house.

Sarah, stop acting like you are 12.

The flashbacks to the very young Philip and Chloe were nice. The parade of unusual guests? Well, it was different. Xander and Chloe? Justin and Bonnie and Victor being civil to her because she left all the money she had to Adrienne's cancer treatment thing? A bit too Christmasey. Who brings a potted poinsettia to a cemetery? Odd that Justin would be crying over his dead wife and then kissing her doppelganger.

The Kristen dream of Maggie and Victor being servants? Why?

Very on point....though having missed the opening twenty minutes, I'm guessing it was the Kristen dream crap and the Adrienne mourning, and I'm glad I missed that.

It occurred to me today that not only is this show painfully silly now, but also that Ron seems to want to spend Xmas with the Crazies. Today was all about showing love to Kristen and Bonnie....why.....? They're messed up people. They shouldn't be getting gifts and kisses. They deserve to be alone and hopefully feeling like crap. They hurt people.

Am I wrong to say viewers would prefer to see characters we like celebrating and having happy moments?

I like Bonnie but please stop with her and Justin.....its beyond gross.

And Sarah is officially a cartoon. Is the actress aware of how manic she's being?

I thought I'd be into Original Recipe Ploe...but I'm not feeling any magic.

Very nice to hear Nadia sing though. Last time she did, years back when Claire was working for her, I wasn't especially impressed...but she was marvelous today. Easily the highlight....well that and John Aniston in his Santa gear.

I was irritated by the Photoshopping of Kristen, Chad and Stefano into that photo though. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

The Sarah/Xander "break up" is now gnawing on my last nerve. There's no way Philip isn't catching on, although Xander bringing Chloe to the party was a good wrench toss.

Xander/Sarah could actually be interesting if we were watching Xander's love for Sarah make him awfully bad at scheming, and Philip always being one step ahead of them because of it, but it feels like Xander and Sarah are supposed to be so cute together and smarter than everyone else.  I'm crossing all of my fingers and toes that Philip is telling Sarah he has feelings for her in hope that she'll tell Xander, which will motivate Xander to get himself fired from Titan.  Even though I'm not a big fan of JKJ's acting choices, I really don't want him to be a total moron in this storyline.    

It was cute seeing Philip read that poem to Chloe with Jay Kenneth Johnson not overacting the scene.  Refreshing, actually.  

NiceKristen and NiceBonnie are painfully boring.  I hate that I dislike Bonnie so much this time around, because I've been watching Judi Evans since the 80s and she's one of the few actresses I still get to watch from that era.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

It was cute seeing Philip read that poem to Chloe with Jay Kenneth Johnson not overacting the scene.  Refreshing, actually.  

Yes...and actually smiling too!  Nowadays JKJ has a permanent scowl on his face😠

• Love 5
10 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Xander/Sarah could actually be interesting if we were watching Xander's love for Sarah make him awfully bad at scheming, and Philip always being one step ahead of them because of it, but it feels like Xander and Sarah are supposed to be so cute together and smarter than everyone else.  I'm crossing all of my fingers and toes that Philip is telling Sarah he has feelings for her in hope that she'll tell Xander, which will motivate Xander to get himself fired from Titan.  Even though I'm not a big fan of JKJ's acting choices, I really don't want him to be a total moron in this storyline.    

NiceKristen and NiceBonnie are painfully boring.  I hate that I dislike Bonnie so much this time around, because I've been watching Judi Evans since the 80s and she's one of the few actresses I still get to watch from that era.  

I watched yesterday for the first time in months because of the holidays.  I liked pretty much all the same stuff as you did, Enchantingmonkey - I sorta loved seeing Maggie and Victor again after all this time especially - but the odious Kristen and the unneeded Bonnie were both pretty awful.  If Show ever decides they made as huge a mistake as I think they did in killing off Adrienne and decide to reverse course I'll go along with whatever stupid reason they choose.  But Bonnie Lockhart is a no-go for me.  Kristen's only possible use is as a speed bump.

And while I like Chloe I hate any episode that has her or anyone else breaking into song.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

I love having Chloe back on canvas. I know the character has gotten a horrific storylines for about a decade, but there's something so comforting about Nadia's Chloe. The Phloe scenes were the highlight for me, and I'm excited to see them given the second chance the show refused to give them for so long. Their flashback was magical.

Speaking of Chloe, I found it weird that the show only mentioned Xander's role in leaving her in Mexico and not him faking Holly's death. I also found it odd that the dialogue portrayed Chloe as equally villainous in stabbing El Fideo when she was fighting for her life - and John and Paul - and Xander left her in Mexico for a paycheck. That is not what I call tit for tat.

There was a time I truly loved Maggie as a character. Everyday I see her on my screen it becomes harder for me to remember why I liked her so much.

The thing I found most annoying about this episode was Sarah Horton. I truly am happy the character is on canvas. Being from the Horton generation that gave us icons like Julie, Jennifer, and Hope and still important characters like Mike, Melissa, and Lucas, Sarah should be the main heroine of the show and should be reminding us why the Horton family Has lasted so long when a lot of other original soap families have faded into obscurity. Sadly, this just is not what is occurring on my screen. 

I don't understand the Lucille Ball mixed with Melanie Jonas portrayal of the actress and the writing. The more I see of Sarah the more she seems out of place on canvas. They've done nothing to connect her with the Hortons on screen, so she doesn't even feel like a legacy character, have they forgotten that she's a doctor, she doesn't have any friends, the character seems too silly for someone who recently discovered her child died, and, for me, she is just not working. I kinda want them to retire the character and try again in a year. I still want Sarah to be a Horton as important as Jennifer or Hope or even Abby or Ciara, but she still feels superfluous.

I'm ready for the holidays in Salem to be over, so we can get some juicy - or with my luck slightly moist - storylines again.

• Love 5

Jay looks happy, romantic and full of life in the flashback which speak volumes about quality of Days back then. 

The Justin/Bonnie part would be more fitting if JE is brought back as Adrienne. It's a shame how TPTBs treat their beloved Supercouples.

From what I read, LG was struggling with Sarah at first, then TPTBs convinced her to add her own personality (wackiness) to the character. The feedback from the writers was said to be "positive" so she kept on. On the contrary, LG's comedic timing is rather unnatural and uninspiring. This is a major blow to the character of Sarah and Xander/Sarah coupling.

Edited by Guest
10 minutes ago, sweetautumn said:

From what I read, LG was struggling with Sarah at first, then TPTBs convinced her to add her own personality (wackiness) to the character. The feedback from the writers was said to be "positive" so she kept on. On the contrary, LG's comedic timing is rather unnatural and uninspiring. This is a major blow to the character of Sarah and Xander/Sarah coupling. I hate to say this, but this makes me question about LG's acting ability.

That's interesting to read as I loved Sarah in the beginning. I thought she was a breath of fresh air and a character the show sorely needed at the time. She was mean, rude, quick to anger, routinely hit below the belt, melodramatic, and brought a vitality to the show that I felt it was missing. I still thought her relationship with Maggie felt weak and that the show would do odd things to reminds us she was a Horton, "COUSIN WILL!"  while also reminding us she wasn't a blood Horton -"Mickey is my adopted father" to Bonnie Lockhart. However, those were the types of initial struggles I thought the show would overcome. Little did I know, that would be the highlight of her run - so far at least. 

• Love 7

Would Eric have knocked on the door of his own home?

Marlena didn't seem too thrilled to be getting a present from Kristin.

John saying he's glad the whole family's there.  He kinda missed his son Paul.

Charlie's good at tying knots. He's probably had practice.

Why wasn't Will in the photo?

I hope Sami gets pissed because Marlena didn't pick up her call.

So who's at the door?

• Love 8

Are they going anywhere with the “John’s personality is different from the aneurysm” shit or?  🤷‍♀️ 

it feels like filler. 

These front burner story lines are boring. 

The Kiriakis mansion set looked nice (Jennifer Aniston paid to have that built so her dad who plays Victor could work from home). Since she’s such an A List star I’ve always wondered if at awards shows when she sees Julia Roberts, who is a big Days fan, ever fan girled over her dad.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Are they going anywhere with the “John’s personality is different from the aneurysm” shit or?  🤷‍♀️ 

it feels like filler. 

The Kiriakis mansion set looked nice (Jennifer Aniston paid to have that built so her dad who plays Victor could work from home). Since she’s such an A List star I’ve always wondered if at awards shows when she sees Julia Roberts, who is a big Days fan, ever fan girled over her dad.  

Years ago, Jennifer Aniston asked to play a role on the show and offered her services practically  for free to Ken Corday but the idiot did nothing..

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

That's interesting to read as I loved Sarah in the beginning. I thought she was a breath of fresh air and a character the show sorely needed at the time. She was mean, rude, quick to anger, routinely hit below the belt, melodramatic, and brought a vitality to the show that I felt it was missing. I still thought her relationship with Maggie felt weak and that the show would do odd things to reminds us she was a Horton, "COUSIN WILL!"  while also reminding us she wasn't a blood Horton -"Mickey is my adopted father" to Bonnie Lockhart. However, those were the types of initial struggles I thought the show would overcome. Little did I know, that would be the highlight of her run - so far at least. 

Even though I knew Sarah would end up hogging the airtime on this show I didn't mind her originally as I enjoyed her dragging Rex over Mimi and seemingly having self respect at that point but yeah it went downhill after that.

LG wasn't like this when she played Caroline on B&B very different I wonder if its just Days I notice a lot of actors end up going the campy route when they're on this show. Makes me wonder if that's what Days is interested in.... Explains a lot tbh.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Probably because Kristen/Brady are gross and Rachel is a forever reminder of that suck? She would have been better off remaining Mackenzie.

The whole thing ended up being pointless. Which is the theme of this show at this point.

Nicole lied to Eric for a year about this.. and it was for nothing since she wasn't his.

Xander/Victor kept it a secret for over a year and it was for nothing as Sarah forgave Xander rather quickly and neither Xander/Victor went to jail or suffered any real consequences over it.

Rachel didn't add anything to Brady/Kristen's existence together or separately.

Even though I didn't like the idea of sticking Sarah with a kid at least Eric/Sarah having a kid would've provided longer lasting drama especially since Xander grew to love her as his own despite Eric being her father. Nicole would have to deal with Eric having to be connected to another woman... There could've been a lot of drama mined out of her staying as Mackenzie. Instead as always they went for the least dramatic option. Then the show wonders why they suck.

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Years ago, Jennifer Aniston asked to play a role on the show and offered her services practically  for free to Ken Corday but the idiot did nothing..

REALLY????!!!  I never heard this, but yes, this is proof positive Ken Corday is monumentally stupid - esp. if Aniston offered to do this at the height of popularity for Friends or the "Rachel" hairstyle frenzy.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I hope Sami gets pissed because Marlena didn't pick up her call.

I had to groan when it was clear that this was going to be another episode of sanctimonious people who think their own shit doesn't stink acting as if they are so much better than Sami, a member of their family on Christmas no less, when in reality they've done some pretty sucky things in life and to their loves ones too.  I can see why Sami prefers living in another country taking care of a disabled EJ. 

These Christmas episodes are a total bore...except for Charlie. That's about the only angle that has potential. Had to laugh when Allie said he looked familiar. Can't wait till she looks at her son and realizes why Charlie looks familiar. I'm waiting for, "Oh my god, Nicole! Henry looks like Claire's new boyfriend!" Would have been more fun if Henry was with her and Charlie got stuck holding him. But no, Allie left him with Nicole, which was incredibly lame. Both the 'he's sleeping' excuse and the fact that it was his first Christmas. Also, wouldn't Nicole and Eric want some alone time?  Or was invisible Holly planning to babysit?

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Why wasn't Will in the photo?

50 minutes ago, Giuseppe said:

Y'all, where did Will go?? He came in with Allie, spoke to Eric for a couple minutes, then completely disappeared. Like, WTF?

Will's appearance and disappearance was damn strange. First he shows up at Nicole's to see Allie and then after some awkward chit-chat he asks if he can catch a ride with Allie to Marlena's. Allie has a car? And why couldn't Will use whatever mode of transportation he used to get to Nicole's to get to Marlena's? Then, he has one scene at Marlena's place and only speaks to Brady and then promptly disappears. He wasn't even hanging out in the background, dude was gone with no one in his family even commenting that he was ever even there. Is there anyone in charge of continuity or editing on this show?

Don't any doors in Salem have peep holes? You would think Nicole would know better than to fall for the knock on the door twice in on day. And as someone else said, why would Eric knock on the door to his own home. Also, if she was planning a romantic reunion dinner with Eric, why would she offer to watch Henry so that Allie could go to a Xmas party? A crying baby with a loaded diaper is the perfect compliment to a romantic night. This was all so dumb.

Besides Shawn & Belle's impromptu nuptials, these Xmas "parties" at the Kiriakis mansion and Marlena's apartment are incredibly dull. All they do is stand around holding food or drinks and pair off in twos to have conversations that in real life everyone in the room would be able to hear. Where's the raucous reminiscing and laughter; the Xmas music; the sitting at the dinner table enjoying a big holiday meal, etc? These parties seem more like wakes than celebrating the holidays with beloved family. We'll see if the Hortons can do better than the Kiriakis and Blacks.

The only good thing about today's episode is that Allie met Charlie and sensed a familiarity. I hope this encounter jogs her memory enough that she starts to doubt her belief that Tripp is her assailant.

It seems like at least 1 Salem day has passed since Charlie knocked out Ava...so has she been tied to that chair all that time? What about pee breaks? Again, continuity is not this show's strong suit.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
31 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

I had to groan when it was clear that this was going to be another episode of sanctimonious people who think their own shit doesn't stink acting as if they are so much better than Sami, a member of their family on Christmas no less, when in reality they've done some pretty sucky things in life and to their loves ones too.  I can see why Sami prefers living in another country taking care of a disabled EJ. 

These Christmas episodes are a total bore...except for Charlie. That's about the only angle that has potential. Had to laugh when Allie said he looked familiar. Can't wait till she looks at her son and realizes why Charlie looks familiar. I'm waiting for, "Oh my god, Nicole! Henry looks like Claire's new boyfriend!" Would have been more fun if Henry was with her and Charlie got stuck holding him. But no, Allie left him with Nicole, which was incredibly lame. Both the 'he's sleeping' excuse and the fact that it was his first Christmas. Also, wouldn't Nicole and Eric want some alone time?  Or was invisible Holly planning to babysit?

This show really doesn't know how to write for children.  They had Nicole going to "check" on Holly like she was some infant or something.   Shouldn't Allie have offered to take Holly with her?  And yes, the thing you want most when your husband comes home after months of being away is an infant to take care of.

I forgot to mention it yesterday, but they also had Chloe talking to Parker like he was also a very small child who still believed in Santa Claus.  Shouldn't he be almost a teenager by now?  I guess he's stuck in that time warp that happens before SORAS.

• Love 6

Why would Will go to see Allie before he went to his grandmother's home for the party? Eric is expected home and Nicole offers to babysit Henry and look after Holly instead of having some me-time with her husband?

Is John seeing some sort of therapist or rehabilitation person to help with his brain condition?

Charlie leaves his mom behind? He must have a really good apartment that has soundproofing. Or no neighbors. Did he give his mom some food or drink? Her lips didn't seem chapped from no water or anything. Tripp or Steve haven't noticed that she is missing, or just don't care if she wandered off?

The John and Marlena party looked dull. Charlie looked really uncomfortable and tried to avoid both Claire and Allie. So Allie thinks he looks familiar? Uh, look at your son. Maybe she will notice the glasses tug. Why would there be a dozen bottles of warm champagne to serve? Is there some sort of cold storage locker at Doc's home? He couldn't wait to escape.

I am impressed with folks who can come up with spur of the moment, grand wedding vows. The wedding seemed silly. And it was silly for Marlena to not answer Sami's call.

Who's at Nicole's door? Rafe? Sami? Sonny?

• Love 6
12 hours ago, boes said:

Kristen's only possible use is as a speed bump

Awww - Boes is home for the holidays.

LOL - not much of a speed bump honestly. Let's hope the portions are generous in prison. I'm tired of seeing rail-thin gals on this show.

I haven't heard any word from SR regarding whether or not she regained the weight she lost during the jail cell suicide storyline. I didn't think to look either - is she a bit bigger? I hope so. At her age, it's more important to be prioritizing your health over your total commitment to your character's grief. Seniors need to keep weight on.

So was I the only one today thinking...

A) Marlena's emerald green blazer over her olive green turtleneck looked bad, as did her hair 

B) Belle's coat, dress and face looked amazing 

C) Shawn was a putz to plan the wedding but fail to pack a nice outfit

D) It would have infinitely more satisfying for Charlie The Rapist to be late and miss the vows

E) The absurdity of the language used during the vows and discussing "Belle's special day!" were just beyond strange, considering they've already built a life together and had a kid and are pushing middle age....is Shawn really going to be Belle's "cheerleader"?! What man even says that? To the wife who cheated on him and only recently nixed the possibility of hooking back up with Philip? Super weird.

F) The sight of Will makes me smile 

G) After how gently he's treated Claire, Charlie really doesn't seem like a rapist any more than this iteration of Allie seems like a party girl

H) It was weird hearing characters talk about John like he never displayed emotions prior to his stroke

I) Eva looks terrific gagged and tied up

J) Marlena accepting an Xmas gift from Kristen and promising to visit and thank her in prison is the funniest shit I've ever heard

K) Rafe, God help us, is totally going to be the one on the other side of Nicole's door

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, boes said:

And while I like Chloe I hate any episode that has her or anyone else breaking into song.

You know I had my finger on the FF button as soon as I suspected Nancy was asking her to sing.  

49 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

God I love Charlie. If we have to have a resident psycho, can he replace Ben?

Our only hope is that Carlivati has such a crush on the actor that he's already planned out a way to keep Charlie on the canvas despite his bad deeds.  Criminal behavior is basically a rite of passage for life in Salem, USA.  

20 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

K) Rafe, God help us, is totally going to be the one on the other side of Nicole's door

Ohhhh, does that mean Rafe has come to announce that Eric is "dead", which will free up Nicole for storyline possibilities?  

Today must have been written by the one script writer that I like, because we had references to "Potter" and "Seven Fishes", both of which I had to look up.  I appreciate it when I learn something new.  

Funny that Charlie had no knowledge of the Seven Fishes tradition.  I loved all of the Charlie/Ava banter, especially that Charlie didn't have to be a total moron and believe Ava's lies, as the Show has already told us that she's pretty much been a disappoint to him as a mother.  

Surprised to see Will.  Hate the beard.

I'd love it if we get a scene of Marlena being apologetic to Sami that she didn't take her call, because I can see Marlena showing a kind of preference for Belle when she's talking to John, and showing her love for Sami when she's talking to her.  People are really like that.  

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

You know I had my finger on the FF button as soon as I suspected Nancy was asking her to sing.  

Our only hope is that Carlivati has such a crush on the actor that he's already planned out a way to keep Charlie on the canvas despite his bad deeds.  Criminal behavior is basically a rite of passage for life in Salem, USA.  

Ohhhh, does that mean Rafe has come to announce that Eric is "dead", which will free up Nicole for storyline possibilities?  

Today must have been written by the one script writer that I like, because we had references to "Potter" and "Seven Fishes", both of which I had to look up.  I appreciate it when I learn something new.  

Funny that Charlie had no knowledge of the Seven Fishes tradition.  I loved all of the Charlie/Ava banter, especially that Charlie didn't have to be a total moron and believe Ava's lies, as the Show has already told us that she's pretty much been a disappoint to him as a mother.  

Surprised to see Will.  Hate the beard.

I'd love it if we get a scene of Marlena being apologetic to Sami that she didn't take her call, because I can see Marlena showing a kind of preference for Belle when she's talking to John, and showing her love for Sami when she's talking to her.  People are really like that.  

My guess was Rafe, too. I half expect him to tell Nicole that Eric is dead, or has been kidnapped, missing, etc. He certainly won't be showing up for a romantic Christmas dinner.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

1 hour ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Our only hope is that Carlivati has such a crush on the actor that he's already planned out a way to keep Charlie on the canvas despite his bad deeds.

I only started liking Charlie last week when he revealed his true colors, but I can take him or leave him. I have thought about how the show can keep him around. Pure speculation: If they choose to redeem him, I can see them blaming all of Charlie's misdeeds on an alter that resulted from a terrible childhood (cold neglectful Ava and who knows how his father treated him). Split personalities are a soap staple and RC is completely unoriginal anyway. Or they could just keep him around as a villain. That might actually be more interesting. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

E) The absurdity of the language used during the vows and discussing "Belle's special day!" were just beyond strange, considering they've already built a life together and had a kid and are pushing middle age....is Shawn really going to be Belle's "cheerleader"?! What man even says that? To the wife who cheated on him and only recently nixed the possibility of hooking back up with Philip? Super weird.

At least they had an appropriate wedding - ONLY family and no big production.  This is the kind of wedding they should have originally planned rather than the whole white dress, veil, give the bride away crap.  I always think it's really stupid (looking at you John and Marlena) when a couple are having their 87th wedding and they go all out with the church, dress, etc. (maybe I'm jaded because I've never been a "wedding" person.)

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

it feels like filler. 

Wait so all the actors at the Kiriakis mansion are actually filming in John Anistons actual house? Wow. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Seriously. My sister was like if we're supposed to like and root for Ben then I'm gonna like and root for Charlie. I hate myself for wanting a rapist to stay on the show though but whatever the actor is great lol.

7 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

Pure speculation: If they choose to redeem him, I can see them blaming all of Charlie's misdeeds on an alter that resulted from a terrible childhood (cold neglectful Ava and who knows how his father treated him). Split personalities are a soap staple and RC is completely unoriginal anyway. 

That's been what I'm thinking they'll do. Ron loves DID. And they have the actor in glasses sometimes and sometimes not, which could be signifying it.

3 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Wait so all the actors at the Kiriakis mansion are actually filming in John Anistons actual house? Wow. 

I'm confused by the whole thing myself. So, they made/brought the set to JA's house so he wouldn't have to go to the studio but then they had multiple people go to his house to film? That's not really safe either lol.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

This show really doesn't know how to write for children.  They had Nicole going to "check" on Holly like she was some infant or something.   Shouldn't Allie have offered to take Holly with her?  And yes, the thing you want most when your husband comes home after months of being away is an infant to take care of.

I forgot to mention it yesterday, but they also had Chloe talking to Parker like he was also a very small child who still believed in Santa Claus.  Shouldn't he be almost a teenager by now?  I guess he's stuck in that time warp that happens before SORAS.

THIS!  Either Ron doesn't have kids or he never spends any time with them. 

I just saw the movie Villains where this psycho couple keeps a kid locked up in their basement and she doesn't speak. That's about the only explanation for Holly being so quiet and unseen all the time. No normal five year old stays out of sight in a small apartment like that.   

Parker should be around 9 or 10 based off his birth on the show. I recall her being pregnant or giving birth around 2010. And why did Chloe come to Salem so close to Christmas without her son! She worked what 1 day before the holiday? Surely someone in Salem would have watched him for her big 12 hour day. Most people relocate for corporate positions around the first of the new year/after the holidays anyways. 

12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

And it was silly for Marlena to not answer Sami's call.

Who's at Nicole's door? Rafe? Sami? Sonny?

Utterly silly the way everyone froze up at Sami on the caller ID. You'd think it was Rolf, Orpheus, or Stefano!

11 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I'm torn between Rafe with "Nicole, I don't know how to tell you this..." pan to a worried look on Nicole's face since the show lacks dramatic music these days OR Sami with "You're not spending Christmas with my grandson, Nicole!" Either seems more likely than a recast Eric. 

11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I) Eva looks terrific gagged and tied up

Yes it was good to see the tables turned on her. Though I must admit cause I'd like this Tripp/Allie mess to move along, I was rooting for her to get free and spread the word. Maybe go running through town square on Christmas yelling "Tripp didn't do it. Charlie raped Allie!" LOL

10 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I walked out of the room. I hate when people break into song too, and Chloe's singing is no exception. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Day 4 of the Christmas episodes snoozefest

Eric spending Christmas with Starvin’ Marvin was rather anticlimactic.

maxresdefault.jpg

Julie could have gotten Lanni there a lot faster by simply saying “Kristin will be there, dear.”

Claire’s Christmas at the Horton’s 101 advice: “Don’t talk while Julie’s talking…So that means you won’t get a word in edgewise.”

And if Claire got stuck with clean up duty does that mean she had to mop up the amniotic fluid under the Christmas tree???

Jack’s letter needed a few edits: “Jennifer, I spent a year waiting for you last time…of course there was that time at the Brady pub when I got lonely and slept with Kate…but that’s all in the past, right? Water under the bridge. Let bygones be bygone and all that. I’ll try to keep my hands to myself this time and be waiting. Love your poet husband, Jack.”

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 12/22/2020 at 10:41 AM, 4evaQuez said:

Actresses of similar age like Gwen's portrayer, Marci and even newbie ID (Claire) are more sophisticated than LG. Maybe the problem is that she couldn't handle portraying an age-appropriate character with long-lasting connection and family ties to Salem. If so, she'd probably interpret Stephanie (many people suggested it before) the same way as she did with Sarah. 

3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Seriously. My sister was like if we're supposed to like and root for Ben then I'm gonna like and root for Charlie. I hate myself for wanting a rapist to stay on the show though but whatever the actor is great lol.

Charlie's actor seems to be lot better at emoting than Robert Scott Wilson and Paul Telfer combined lol.

I call shenanigans.  Allie looked at the hourglass Jack gave Jennifer and called it a "old timey time keeper" or something like that.  So clearly we're supposed to think "oh cute, she's too young to recognize an hourglass."  But if that's the case, there's no way she would have been able to clock that it was a tool for time keeping.

So Jennifer puts up Jack's ornament but not Abigail's? Or Chad's?  Or that of their grandchildren?  It was nice to see some ornaments of a few dearly departed characters, though.

Welp.  A few I'm sorrys and Lani and Eli are just back together?  Okay.

Ciara is so coming back, isn't she?  The fact that Victoria K comes back for short little scenes like this means she's keeping one foot in the door constantly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Lani should know that one never says no to Julie.

If I were Ben, I would be a little perturbed that the hotel he was staying in is forwarding his address to people.

A "retro time turner"?  Jeez.

Not very many Hortons left in town. Did Will pop in for one scene then leave?  What was the point of his being there? Where are Abigail and her family? Where are Shawn and Belle?

I wonder if Claire and Ben will hook up once Charlie is revealed.

I guess Rafe doesn't count as a Horton.

Thank you, Show, for remembering Nicole's background.

They gave Ben an ornament to match Ciara's.

Congo to Ethiopia to Illinois seems a roundabout way of traveling.

• Love 2

I really think they need to end the marriage of Eric and Nicole so we could avoid the stupid nonsense to explain why they are not together.

When Eric left for Africa on his mission (so stupid), I was annoyed because his previous experience as a photographer/photojournalist, priest, and community center director does in no way qualify him to help that village with cholera. He isn't an engineer, medical person, scientist, or a person with big bucks to help clean up that situation in the village and help treat the infected people.

Now all these months away, what exactly has he been doing?

He also apparently cannot book another flight when the only plane that he was able to get a ticket for has mechanical difficulties. Is he in some remote area of the world where there is only one plane for the entire country that the airlines cannot book him a different flight? Or did he use a superduper coupon for the flight with a non-refundable policy? By the way, I check and there multiple flights from Addis Adaba to Chicago. And if Eric couldn't get to Chicago, nothing is stopping him and Nicole from meeting in another city and spending the next few days together. Fracking stupid.

It is ridiculous that Eric couldn't book another flight or that Nicole couldn't book a flight for her and Holly to see Eric.

Just kill Eric, or have him cheat on Nicole with the pretty woman that begged him to come back to save her village or something.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 3

Once I saw who the front runners were for today, I stopped watching. (After a few choice comments about Julie being a busybody and all that.)

Charlie now intrigues me. He's trying so hard to be a bad guy, but I don't think it's innate to his nature. I think he's felt left out and screwed over by his mom (and possibly dad) his whole life, but he's not a (reformed!) psychopath like Ben. I think the show runners have written themselves into a corner now. "We" are supposed to have forgiven Ben - who killed half the bloody town - but what about Charlie? (Please don't think I'm condoning rape. Not even for a nanosecond. Just comparing the two "bad boy" characters.)

The Eric knocking on the door thing is just stupid. Unless he left his keys in Salem? (My husband and I don't both take our keys on vacation, so it's a possibility - but I'm given the writers too much credit.)

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I think Mike Manning makes Charlie a lot better than he actually is. He's making me take notice of him now with this recent turn the problem is I'm trying not to praise too much because this show has a way of ruining edgy characters if they stick around long enough...

They really should've killed off Eric if they weren't going to recast.  Plus they can always bring him back as its Days after all...

• Love 3

Even though they're not perfect, I'm really enjoying the week of Christmas episodes.  Since most of us won't be having a normal Christmas, it's nice seeing our Days families spend time with their family members.

It was definitely strange though, not having real-Jennifer or Hope at the Horton Christmas Eve.  But lovely seeing Doug (Bill Hayes) still looking so good at 95 year old.

Even though I didn't expect him to show up, I didn't like the Eric tease.  I really miss him, and hate that GV left right after the wedding.  But if he's not coming back anytime soon, then he needs to be presumed dead in Africa so Nicole can move on. But hopefully not with Rafe.  Why did they bring him back anyway?

As a Cin fan, I enjoyed the scenes today.  Again, I hate that like Eric and Nicole, they were split up minutes after the wedding. Hopefully having VK pop in for these scenes means there's a chance of her returning to the show.

Nice seeing Will, for his brief scenes. But they not only didn't explain where he disappeared to, they didn't even mention Sonny!

I realize it's probably a combination of Covid/budget, but it's so strange not getting to see any of the kids.  Wonder if they'll even do the kids at the hospital?

Loved the Chloe/Philip flashback.  They were so young, and JKJ was so cute back then.

Not quite sure what the point is of John's emotional outbursts, Presume after effects of the aneurysm, but why bother.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

I’ve never been in labor, but my god, the thought of Julie and Doug singing to me during it is horrific. 

Been through labor & delivery twice; pretty sure this would have been my reaction to Julie and her Christmas carols...

exorcist-gif-24.gif

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Lani's stomach grew at least three sizes since the last day we saw her. At that point, you'd think she was due in February. Her hair looked good. Making up with Eli only took a few minutes?

The Salem Inn broke privacy rules and is telling random people where a former guest is now living? Uh, Claire couldn't have called up Ben and he could have mentioned he's now living in Jake's old place? Months ahead of time, Ciara got or crafted a Ben ornament?

Boring party. Not much of the Hortons left. At least Ben wasn't shooed out of the house with a broom. Why couldn't Chad and Abigail attend? Will? Poor Claire and Ben have to clean up what's left of Lani's whatever. Poor things. Awww, an angel got its wings when Ben hung up both ornaments.

So Africa has only one or two planes and one has mechanical issues? The airport staff would try to put Eric on some other upcoming flight. Some Christmas flights would be empty. Getting back in early January would be tough and surely, his employer could have him work from home to save the village! He could have easily met up with Nicole somewhere in Europe. Granted, her plane ticket would cost a fortune. No flights available? Really? It'll take a week to get on another flight? Nicole can go in January to visit him.

Just an excuse for Nicole and Rafe to eat the Cornish hens and that Nicole wouldn't have leftovers for tomorrow for her and Allie to eat. Henry should be getting teeth soon. Surprised that Holly doesn't like poultry. Maybe just Chicken Nuggets. And Rafe brought homemade cookies?

I would be screaming so hard that half the hospital could hear me if I had to listen to Doug and Julie singing Hark the Herald Angels Sing. Please have some doctor shoo them out to the waiting area, or better yet, home. Find the phone, find the playlist and drown them out.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Seeing today's episode where they feature the ornaments from the various characters, made me feel teary-eyed & nostalgic & wistful.  I liked hearing Doug & Julie remembering Tom & Alice, I even liked the 'soapy moment" where Lani went into labor, Christmas Twins will be Special.  Maybe I'm just missing my own kids & grandkids who are thousands of miles away.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

I’ve never been in labor, but my god, the thought of Julie and Doug singing to me during it is horrific. 

Wait...did this really happen? My recording cut out a few times during the episode. Maybe it was sparing me from seeing this, lol.

I too was lamenting the lack of all the Hortons who should've been at the party...Lucas, Will, Abigail, MAGGIE, and even Sarah, for crying out loud. I feel like it's been YEARS since we've seen that living room packed full of Hortons hanging their ornaments.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 12/22/2020 at 3:56 AM, MsTree said:

Yes...and actually smiling too!  Nowadays JKJ has a permanent scowl on his face😠

Exactly, what is it with JKL face? Did he look like that when he was younger? His head is always leaning & his not smile is always on his face. I don’t know if it’s an acting tick choice thing or he’s like that in real life. Anyone? 

Also, why is John acting like Stuart Chandler from AMC all of the sudden? He’s crying and acting like he’s 12. It is part of his storyline or is Drake Hogeston attempting to act? If he is I wish he’d knock it off. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, Giuseppe said:

Wait...did this really happen? My recording cut out a few times during the episode. Maybe it was sparing me from seeing this, lol.

Yes it did. I forgot to mention it in my post but that also cracked me up.  Lani wanted some music so she asked Eli to put on her playlist.  That's when Julie and Doug burst through the door singing a Christmas carol.  Very jovial but the kind of thing that annoys me even when I'm not in pain.

I cracked up.

• LOL 1