Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I'm of the opposite opinion on both points. In the versions of Othello I've seen, I've never had much use for Iago. His motivation is pathetic and to do that to someone who considers you a friend and hasn't really done anything to you is gross.

I liked Gwen when she first debuted, but I've soured on her lately because she's pretty pathetic. Her behavior with Jake was embarrassing - constantly throwing herself at him, reading him the riot act, and then willing to take him back even after he dumped her for Gabi. With this current plot, it would be one thing if I thought her motivation would end up making sense, but I doubt it. And, if she were a skillful liar who was outmaneuvering people with smarts, I might be impressed, but so many characters are being written as dumber than a box of rocks just for all of her schemes to succeed and she's only succeeding on blind luck (and bad writing.) If any two people just had a simple conversation, she'd be out on her ass and she seems too smug to even realize that.

Another eye rolling storyline. Just bad.

• Love 3
On 12/28/2020 at 10:09 PM, Frozendiva said:

Charlie, what do you plan to do with your mother? She can't stay like this forever. People will notice that she is gone, none of her credit cards have been touched, no cash has been taken out of any bank, etc.

And the smell has got to be pretty bad by now! 

• LOL 8
12 hours ago, A.J. said:

Speaking of Chloe, I'm shocked no one has mentioned her lips since she returned to the show.  Am I the only one that can see the growth? Her lips look huge compared to before. 

Almost everyone mentioned it when she first showed back up. Somehow I don't notice it at all.

I loved yesterday's ep. It was the first time in awhile that I actually watched the whole thing. I also thought everyone looked great, which I found shocking because they usually do not lol.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Charlie explained to Ava that her screaming wouldn't matter because he didn't have neighbors who could hear her.

Yeah I caught the line where he said that, but I sort-of side eyed it cause it looks like he lives in an apartment building. I suppose if Charlie is super crazy and paranoid he could have bought out the other units around him.  But either way, Claire probably wouldn't have known he didn't have neighbors since Ava assumed he did too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Yeah I caught the line where he said that, but I sort-of side eyed it cause it looks like he lives in an apartment building. I suppose if Charlie is super crazy and paranoid he could have bought out the other units around him.  But either way, Claire probably wouldn't have known he didn't have neighbors since Ava assumed he did too.

He looks like he lives in an industrial-style place, which are usually converted warehouses. I knew a couple that lived in one, and the floors and walls were super thick. They could throw a rager of a party and no neighbours would be aware unless invited.

But, let's not forget that Claire could easily be heard and she nattered on through the door, but sound apparently only goes one one in this place. Ava would never be heard if she yelled.

Edited by RunningMarket
spelling
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4

Is Maggie's dress made out of vinyl?

Well, Gwen has gone from innuendo to outright lies.

Show is making comments about how bad 2020 is.

Chad couldn't hear his phone?

How did Chad and Gwen get into the hotel room?

Are we supposed to feel sorry for Chad?

This party is a bust. And where were Doug and Julie, the owners of the place?

Yeah, that was Jon kissing Cady. But there were other kisses going on.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Dontcha know?  DOOL exists in a world pre-9/11, pre mass & workplace shootings.  People and come and go as they please...

Yeah, not only why didn't he not hear his phone, how huge was the bathroom that it took him a while to see if Abby was in there?  If he just took 2 secs, he'd be able to hear his phone once he exited the bathroom. 

Again, DOOL writers want us viewers to pretend we're stupid and lack all common sense.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

That's the Bistro. Totally different place. This is the restaurant where Jennifer was pushed and then fell into the coma last year.

• Useful 1
27 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Is Maggie's dress made out of vinyl?

Well, Gwen has gone from innuendo to outright lies.

Show is making comments about how bad 2020 is.

Are we supposed to feel sorry for Chad?

Again, things that could be cleared up if two people had a simple conversation. I guess she's banking on "he said/she said" in case that does happen. She's planted enough doubt in Chad's head that he's unlikely to believe Abigail, let alone Jake.

I would feel sorry for Chad if he wasn't such a numbskull in falling for Gwen's schemes. But I do feel sorry for the entire township of Salem. Clearly they need to check the water, because they've all be poisoned with acute dumbness.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

Chad probably got in the hotel room by showing his credit Card which is the same number as Abbys ( I made that up 😂).  
i rented a hotel room using moms credit card once.  Fun times when Dad received a letter asking how he enjoyed his stay 😂 

• LOL 7

Days really doesn’t care about Covid-19 do they? People are hugging and kissing left and right. I guess if the actors don’t mind who am I to judge. 

Back to the show. The character of Gwen is getting her way with everyone. I’m just curious how long this plays out and when she gets her comeuppance?! Also, I’m looking forward to the Charlie storyline. The actor is doing well playing crazy Clarke Kent and kind Charlie. How he hides Ava is going to be a problem though. Happy New Year, y’all.

• Love 9
58 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I wonder if maybe MA or CM expressed that they weren't comfortable doing a kissing scene or something because yea it really doesn't make sense since they have other pairs kissing/hugging/touching.

I enjoyed this episode. Sure, everyone is acting stupid, but I love these kind of stupid shenanigans in a soap. They're fun. I have to say though, we need to become privy to why Gwen hates Abigail very soon. If they want to continue to drag this out (which they really probably shouldn't but), they need to at least let the audience in on it.

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I enjoyed this episode. Sure, everyone is acting stupid, but I love these kind of stupid shenanigans in a soap. They're fun. I have to say though, we need to become privy to why Gwen hates Abigail very soon. If they want to continue to drag this out (which they really probably shouldn't but), they need to at least let the audience in on it.

I mean I hate Abby, so it wouldn't take much to convince me why Gwen hates Abby as well but the show really needs to drop that piece of info so the audience can get her motivation.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, RunningMarket said:

Again, things that could be cleared up if two people had a simple conversation. I guess she's banking on "he said/she said" in case that does happen. She's planted enough doubt in Chad's head that he's unlikely to believe Abigail, let alone Jake.

It still seems like a stupid gamble on Gwen's part. What was she planning on doing if Abigail and Jake hadn't happened to leave the party before they arrived? Yeah, Chad's a paranoid asshole right now, but I don't see him taking Gwen's word over Abigail's, especially once Jake and Abigail admitted the truth about Kate and Jake's affair.

59 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I wonder if maybe MA or CM expressed that they weren't comfortable doing a kissing scene or something because yea it really doesn't make sense since they have other pairs kissing/hugging/touching.

I wouldn't want to get Covid under any circumstances, but I'd imagine CM wasn't willing to take a gamble like that for a temporary part. It's also possible MA didn't want to do it, either. I think his and Kate's flashback love scene was a fade to black-type situation.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yes.  I like the manipulations, machinations and misunderstandings way more than the constant DRAMA.  When things are constantly at a 10 everything becomes a 1 -  nothing is important.  I enjoyed Steve and John yesterday(?) actually using their brains and talking rather than trying to be senior citizen action heroes (duking it out to see who can wield the fastest Medicare or AARP card.)  I like that it's all relatively day to day actual human drama.  No escaped prisoners, no one in a coma, no one held at gunpoint.  (OK, they do have one hostage - Ava, but even that has been set up over time.  They didn't just have someone kidnapped for random reasons.)

Yes, the Gwen thing is getting a bit old.   We can't really root for her or against her (except on general principles because it's Abigail) unless we know WHY she's doing what she's doing.

• Love 3

Who issues tickets to a party in their living room? Abby and Chad are so far up their own arses it's ridiculous. I'm actually impressed with Gwen at this point, even though I'm past ready to learn what her whole deal is about. 

• Love 6

Why do they need tickets for 6 guests? If it was even that many.

Chad is so beyond a fool. Abby should just dump him for buying all this cheating with nothing to go on but Gwen. Abby took him back after the Gabi playing him for a fool, she shouldn't do it again.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 12

They needed to keep the gathering small? Where are the other attendees? They rented a restaurant or moved the bar into a room for a handful of folks? The bartender must be making a fortune! Why is it always sparkling apple cider instead of ginger ale?

Maggie overdressed for an evening at home. Put on some sweats - like the rest of us!

Will drops by with presents? And then has a video call with Sonny? That looked pretty fake. Ah well, he will be happy to go home tomorrow.

Chloe's outfit was okay. She passed up Philip for Brady? There aren't any other men on the show?

Jennifer looked pretty.

Gwen, you are far too lucky with your scheming. People are on to you, but right now you are Teflon. Way to go, manipulating Chad. How can he be so dumb? Abs may be on to you slightly - at least she knows something is going on and that Stefan is seeing Kate.

Besides hiring a new, competent coroner, Salem also needs to ask the Mayor to hire competent water people so they don't drink the dumbness.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Why was Sonny so dressed up for the video call with Will? He didn't even know Will was gonna call! Can't they ever let that man wear anything other than a sport coat?

I guess they at least tried to make it seem like the "party" was full of people, with the ambient crowd noise in the background, but I feel like they could've had at least a couple of extras walking back and forth.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Chloe's outfit was okay. She passed up Philip for Brady? There aren't any other men on the show?

Hold up ,are you saying they are planting the seeds for a Brady and Chloe reunion ?

If thats the case , Hallelujah!!!!!!

Its about damn time 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Giuseppe said:

Why was Sonny so dressed up for the video call with Will? He didn't even know Will was gonna call! Can't they ever let that man wear anything other than a sport coat?

According to Freddy, he ask for Days to send him that outfit so he could wear for the zoom call taping. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Maggie overdressed for an evening at home. Put on some sweats - like the rest of us!

She's on a reality show, so it's all about the outfit.  *chuckle*

3 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

It still seems like a stupid gamble on Gwen's part. What was she planning on doing if Abigail and Jake hadn't happened to leave the party before they arrived? 

It kinda fits with my estimation of Gwen being someone who's fumbling her way towards villainy but, yeah, the writer's hand is much more visible here than Gwen being a skilled schemer.  

Poor Chad.  That hangover from getting drunk on cheap champagne might be worse than waking up naked next to the nanny who's been lying-like-a-rug to you for weeks/months.  

Did the Show pay Jon Lindstrom to come in and kiss Cady McClain?  They must really like her.  What did all of other actors think who had to kiss someone who wasn't their spouse?  

Wait, did Brady kiss Chloe?  Does that mean NiceKristin can drop the phony baloney act and go back to being a narcissistic maniac?  Screeching and clawing at the walls of the visiting room at the prison?  

So many questions, so little exposition.  It's like an episode of LOST. 

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Did the Show pay Jon Lindstrom to come in and kiss Cady McClain?  They must really like her.  What did all of other actors think who had to kiss someone who wasn't their spouse?  

Despite how much I've been complaining about the kissing, given that they did it this way this time, I'm thinking/hoping that the actors are given a choice of whether or not to participate in those types of scenes. This time CM and/or MA might have declined and they came up with this solution.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Yeah, not only why didn't he not hear his phone, how huge was the bathroom that it took him a while to see if Abby was in there?  If he just took 2 secs, he'd be able to hear his phone once he exited the bathroom. 

Agree...but maybe he had it on vibrate?? 🤷‍♀️

• Useful 2
6 hours ago, MsTree said:

Agree...but maybe he had it on vibrate?? 🤷‍♀️

Nope, we heard it ring several times -  I think Gwen eventually put it on vibrate.  Maybe he assumed it was Gwen's phone, but in any case, the amount of time he spent in the bathroom looking for Abigail was ridiculous.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Despite how much I've been complaining about the kissing, given that they did it this way this time, I'm thinking/hoping that the actors are given a choice of whether or not to participate in those types of scenes. This time CM and/or MA might have declined and they came up with this solution.

Someone posted on twitter that Cady tweeted she had a cold when those scenes were taped. So, I'm assuming she felt more comfortable doing that scene with her husband. That was nice of her to consider Matt's feelings.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Nope, we heard it ring several times -  I think Gwen eventually put it on vibrate.  Maybe he assumed it was Gwen's phone, but in any case, the amount of time he spent in the bathroom looking for Abigail was ridiculous.

I agree, they’re not even trying to make this stupid story work. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Artsda said:

Why do they need tickets for 6 guests? If it was even that many.

Chad is so beyond a fool. Abby should just dump him for buying all this cheating with nothing to go on but Gwen. Abby took him back after the Gabi playing him for a fool, she shouldn't do it again.

When he ticked off the reasons why he thought she was cheating I rolled my eyes. Gabi is going to relish rubbing this in his face. lol.

Ron really don't like this guy.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, Sidney said:

When he ticked off the reasons why he thought she was cheating I rolled my eyes. Gabi is going to relish rubbing this in his face. lol.

Ron really don't like this guy.

This is so disappointing. I loved Chad back when he and Abby were getting together. Billy was much more into THAT Chad. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

I guess they at least tried to make it seem like the "party" was full of people, with the ambient crowd noise in the background, but I feel like they could've had at least a couple of extras walking back and forth.

They're poor so they never have money for extras but honestly at this time I think it'd be very irresponsible to have unnecessary people on set.

9 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

It kinda fits with my estimation of Gwen being someone who's fumbling her way towards villainy but, yeah, the writer's hand is much more visible here than Gwen being a skilled schemer.  

This is what I love so much! Gwen is just lucky. She isn't some kind of super genius villain or super skilled schemer. She hates Abigail and she just takes any opportunity that presents itself to fuck Abigail over. She's lucky Abigail and Chad are stupid and a shitty couple lol. I'm not sure if the writers even know they're doing this though. They probably think they're writing her as really clever. Still, I enjoy the story for what it actually is.

19 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

This is so disappointing. I loved Chad back when he and Abby were getting together. Billy was much more into THAT Chad. 

I feel like Billy is having a blast with this stuff lately though. Sure, Chad's an idiot, but at least he has something to do lol.

• Love 7

I will check in after watching later today, but I wanted to send my best wishes for 2021 to the wonderful folks on this forum. Working from home has provided the benefit of getting to watch the show almost daily, and then checking in here with you guys for a lot of laughs.

Do we think the Gwen-hates-Abigail story was invited after Gwen came on scene? The entire arc seems to have been tossed in, and I swear they're still making it up as they go - hence why we don't yet have a solid reason for her hatred.

Edited by RunningMarket
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, RunningMarket said:

I will check in after watching later today, but I wanted to send my best wishes for 2021 to the wonderful folks on this forum. Working from home has provided the benefit of getting to watch the show almost daily, and then checking in here with you guys for a lot of laughs.

Do we think the Gwen-hates-Abigail story was invited after Gwen came on scene? The entire arc seems to have been tossed in, and I swear they're still making it up as they go - hence why we don't yet have a solid reason for her hatred.

I share your sentiments and similarly wish you all a better 2021, fingers crossed. Thanks for making this site so fun.

They definitely made up Gwen's story or rewrote it. It doesn't add up. She couldn't have poisoned Abigail while living in the mental hospital with Claire. And if she wanted to mess the Hortons up, why not immediately get to it after getting Abby out of the way? Why obsess about Jake if she was hiding from him in the hospital? It's all so disconnected and contradictory.

I'm....bummed Chad cheated on Abby today. Not gonna lie. It just gives him something to apologize to her for...and clearly, I dont like her having the moral high ground.

Also - who here wants to bone a man who is drunk and crying and looks miserable? Is that a turn-on to Ron? First Jack and now Chad....Gwen certainly didn't look like she enjoyed herself.

When Anna - the loon who walked around talking to Tony's ashes for ten years - is suddenly the smartest person in Salem, I have to laugh.

But then, Ron also seems to think Gwen would go through the time and effort to find old newspapers and meticulously cut out articles and keep them at the house where they could be found. Is this 1992? She wouldn't just look stuff up on her phone? Okay then.

Not a bad New Year's episode. A lot of lamé fabric on the ladies, but not bad overall.

Jake, seriously? Stop crying dude. You *just* started sleeping with Kate and now it's the greatest accomplishment in your life?

...and where did the grease monkey get the money for a diamond bracelet?

• Love 9

I'm....bummed Chad cheated on Abby today. Not gonna lie. It just gives him something to apologize to her for...and clearly, I dont like her having the moral high ground.

It's hilarious how the writers are always making Abby the righteous heroine and now has more ammo to hold it over Chad's head again.

You know Gwen doesn't have to work too hard to trick Chad, he is that easily stupid. I don't get how Chad & Abigail are meant to be when it doesn't take much for them to break up a lot of times. I'm kind of sick of their relationship.

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

..and where did the grease monkey get the money for a diamond bracelet?

He's a Dimera heir now.  I liked today's episode except for Jake and Kate's overwrought scenes.  It got serious fast, created a dumb secrecy obstacle to serve another story and now today.  Hard for me to buy the angst of stupidity. 

Chad was a garbage person today and I felt that way before he slept with Gwen. Sheesh, talking about your wife's mental illness as made up.  Bitching about her working? Why stay married to her if you don't respect her?

Ah yes, once again, being drunk is only not consent if you're Allie.

I was hoping the press clippings would go back years...like way back. Clippings that would make it obvious they weren't retroactive research.  So far, they only go back a year or two. And very silly they weren't printouts.

But the best part of the episode was some movement on the Gwen story with Anna and her investigative instincts and Jack and Jennifer talking about the opposite stories.

• Love 11
14 hours ago, Rafael said:

Hold up ,are you saying they are planting the seeds for a Brady and Chloe reunion ?

If thats the case , Hallelujah!!!!!!

Its about damn time 

14 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

No idea how long Chloe will be sticking around.

As someone who always felt this was the best pairing for each character, I'd be happy if they reunited as a couple, but not holding my breath.

• Love 3

Just Random thoughts today:  Jake's hair seems to get higher & bigger every day, I guess he hasnt had time for a hair cut 🙂  Why is Chad acting SO Stupid?!  Ugh, complaining about his wife being mentally ill & then insinuating that she is faking it, ugh.  Gwennie: you are a bad, bad girl.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Chad was a garbage person today and I felt that way before he slept with Gwen. Sheesh, talking about your wife's mental illness as made up.  Bitching about her working? Why stay married to her if you don't respect her?

Chad does not trust his wife. That is the bottom line. All that he spouted was based on that simple fact.

Gwen did not have to work that hard to get Chad to believe Abby was cheating with Jake. On his own, Chad found Abby sleeping on Jake in the Dimera livingroom and from there he started to doubt what has been going on. She tells him that she is not sleeping with Jake when Chad finally confronts her and he really didn't believe it.

All that stuff about Abby faking her mental illness? As if Abby was in clever in any way to pull that con. Abby in the past has lied to Chad about her different mental issues, faked her death and stayed away nearly a year, and kept divorcing him to marry other men for ridiculous reasons. He said that he forgave her for all that and that he understood why she did what she did.

But he didn't. Not really.

When everything is going well with them, Chad ignores his misgivings because everything is good. But when things go bad, all the doubt and mistrust comes out. Before he had her committed in mental ward.  Now he cheated with Gwen to get back at Abby. 

Oh well. Maybe this time when Abby divorces him, she will marry Ben. For reasons.

Edited by nilyank
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Man, Chad really is an a-hole, eh? I don't care how much you believe your wife is cheating on you, accusing someone of faking a mental illness is beyond low. Plus, if this was all a ruse to cheat on him with Jake - she's really been working the long con - since she's been dealing with the illness for years longer than anyone knew Jake existed. (I know, logic in Salem is about as common as a bra on Gabi.)

I'm glad we're finally starting to see movement in the Gwen story. Anna takes the MENSA crown from Abigail today for deducing that Gwen isn't all sugar and puppies.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Did Kate just say she was worried that she was afraid she was going to have to kiss her son?

All of Gwen's plots are coming home to roost.

Brandon did really well in the scenes with Lauren.

I would love it if Gwen were after the land in Ireland that Abigail was supposed to inherit that just got dropped years ago.

"There are only so many betrayals a marriage can talk."  Sounds like she's talking about personal experience.

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Did Kate just say she was worried that she was afraid she was going to have to kiss her son?

Ya know the day before when they were standing next to each other I momentary thought 'wonder if Kate's gonna hook up with him [Philip] next?' Then I remembered they were mother and son.  Maybe it's time the show tones down Kate's village bicycle routine.  

• LOL 4

Why in the ever loving fuck was Jake crying over a breakup with Kate? That may have been the most embarrassing thing I’ve ever seen in this show and it is wall-to-wall embarrassment basically every day!

Chad is such a dick and I love it. BF plays it so well. 

I continue to love Gwen. Her having those newspaper clippings is just my type of dumb shit!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

Well, if everyone in Salem didn't have the exact same ringtones for their phones, Chad might've realized it was his...lol.

They have to do that.  Ask Claire what happened to her when she made her own ringtone.  
   Wow Chad had a lot of pent up feelings towards Abigail which explains why he was so easy to Manipulate.  When you think about he really has no one to talk to.  He can’t really express any hard feelings about dealing with Abigail illness to Jack or Jennifer.  His sister is no help and I doubt he could go to Kate.  

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Wow Chad had a lot of pent up feelings towards Abigail which explains why he was so easy to Manipulate.  When you think about he really has no one to talk to.  He can’t really express any hard feelings about dealing with Abigail illness to Jack or Jennifer.  His sister is no help and I doubt he could go to Kate.  

It is too bad his best friend Will couldn't visit him when he came to Salem for the holidays. Will was here for a week (Christmas to NYE) and he essential saw Allie for a few minutes, spoke to Brady, had a meal with Kate, listen to Jennifer talk about Jack and then did a zoom call with Sonny after he said his goodbyes to Maggie.

Will spent no quality time with his family or close friends in Salem. The only thing that I am grateful is that he didn't get to catch up with serial killer and offer his condolesences. 

Edited by nilyank
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

Well, damn. I hate Abby and yet I felt sorry for her today. Chad is such vile trash.

I can't with this Kate and Jake garbage. When Brandon Barash fans caused a commotion over his firing and demanded he be brought back this is not the ridiculous shit we wanted!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, howmanywords said:

Well, damn. I hate Abby and yet I felt sorry for her today. Chad is such vile trash.

I can't with this Kate and Jake garbage. When Brandon Barash fans caused a commotion over his firing and demanded he be brought back this is not the ridiculous shit we wanted!

Agree.  As vile has he was (and Chad was), I thought Billy Flynn really ran with it and really sold it in his scenes.  

• Love 3

Gwen would be proud of getting an upset, crying, and drunk man in to her bed? Did he consent, really? She didn't seem too proud of herself. She can only get him if he is in terrible shape?  That's sad. The lies certainly won and she most likely achieved the break-up of his marriage to Abs. How precious that he felt that Abs' mental illness wasn't real. I do hope that there is no Baby DiMera from this.

Where would Gwen get all those newspaper clippings? You can't just buy old newspapers and unless you pay for copies of them or have access to some fancy newspaper database, good luck. I'd be more accepting of a USB stick.

Anna is at least smart. I suppose the movie reference she made may come in handy.

Geez, Kate, you can spend a New Year's Eve alone. Some of us do. You're acting like you are fifteen and Jake is the high school grade 12 quarterback. He's not all that and you know it.

Wonder if Chloe will blab Philip's secret of the money laundering.

Jack and Jenn don't want to wake up Doug and Julie? Do they sleep heavy? At least they are actually having conversations about Gwen and her many different stories and observations. Does no one do a background check on a nanny? Especially if they aren't 20 and under?

Chad, you came across as trash today. You should maybe talk about your marriage when you are sober.

Wonder who Gwen's husband was and how he betrayed her. Hmmm.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, sas616 said:

Agree.  As vile has he was (and Chad was), I thought Billy Flynn really ran with it and really sold it in his scenes.  

This! This was the best BF was in a while, but damn - drunk or not - Chad was truly gross today. That is some pent-up shit and maybe Gwen has actually done them a favor because if he actually thinks she faked her mental illness (after everything they went through concerning that) just so she could boink Stefan's twin, who she didn't even know about, that does not say much about what he thinks about his wife.

So glad Jack and Jennifer compared notes. Since I loved that movie, liked Anna's The Hand That Rocks the Cradle  reference and that she wouldn't let up concerning Gwen.

I thought the acting in the Jake/Kate scenes was good. I'll say it, that I like the pairing - a hell of a lot more than Gabi/Jake.

• Love 6