Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

36 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I knew Valerie was going to be upset with the baby's name.

I actually love how Ben calls Charlie "Chuck".

Does Claire have a job?  How does she pay for that house?

All of this crap about not telling Claire anything is ridiculous.

Shut up, Lani!

Wasn't Julia Grant Ulysses S. Grant's wife?

That's Belle and Shawn's house (aka: formerly Hope's house). The whole scenario came about because she knew they would have privacy (well, until Ben came crashing in) because her parents are off on their honeymoon.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
Just now, RunningMarket said:

That's Belle and Shawn's house (aka: formerly Hope's house). The whole scenario came about because she knew they would have privacy (well, until Ben came crashing in) because her parents are off on their honeymoon.

So they have a house even though they live in Hong Kong?

• LOL 2

First, a big thanks to the Canadian posters for filling in the details of yesterday’s show. I think you just saved me tracking down that episode. And please know this southern neighbor in the US envies you immensely (after yesterday and the last four years I don’t imagine I need to explain that one). I saw almost all of today's show but if anyone can fill in the last 10 minutes which I lost to another news break I'd appreciate it. 

I assume we haven't gotten a deeper explanation yet on why Charlie raped Allie specifically or perhaps psychologically. It seems from his interactions with Claire that he neither is attracted to Allie nor is his usual MO that of a sexual predator. In fact, Claire seems to be the one most anxious to advance their physical relationship so I'm left wondering if he went after Allie because he wanted something he thought his brother wanted or to set his brother up.

4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I may not like Ava but TB is doing a great job showing her terror at the Charlie/Tripp hallucinations.

Same here. I hated Ava when she was on before but when she doesn't have an obsession with Steve and Kayla she is much more enjoyable. She's doing well with the current material. 

3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Don't forget the whole town chastising Sami for being angry at being betrayed by Abigail.  I love Kayla but she was was so wrong in how she treated Sami and don't get me started on Will. 

THIS bugged the hell out of me six years ago. Sami was the wronged party and Abigail was the one in the wrong, but you'd never know from the way the so-called good citizens of Salem reacted. 

55 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I actually love how Ben calls Charlie "Chuck".

I did too. That was funny. 

12 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

I think they just moved in after Hope left. Maybe another poster can fill in those blanks.

Yes, it's Hope's house. Presumably Belle and Shawn were staying there, and are still looking after the house while Hope is gone. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

OMG, all the hemming and hawing from Marlena to Claire about Charlie was ridiculous. Claire is an adult and they suspect her boyfriend raped her cousin, and she should divulge that information to her ASAP. 

I feel dirty for feeling sorry for Ava today, but Tamara Braun's acting since Charlie tied her to that chair has made me sympathize with her. I was reminded of Carly Corinthos, though, when Ava let out a screech and my sympathy for her took a bit of a hit. 

I'm so glad this rape story is coming to an end. I really need everyone who's threatened & treated Tripp like crap to apologize to him, but I suspect only Kayla will care enough to apologize. It sucks that Charlie is the rapist because I kinda grew to like his Jekyll & Hyde persona.

• Love 7

my only nitpick is couldnt the writers have Ben break in after Charlie was down to his undies? Yeah I'm in the shallow end of the pool but Mike Manning is absurdly hot!! He could give Ben a run for his money with his abs......

• LOL 4
38 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

I feel dirty for feeling sorry for Ava today, but Tamara Braun's acting since Charlie tied her to that chair has made me sympathize with her. I was reminded of Carly Corinthos, though, when Ava let out a screech and my sympathy for her took a bit of a hit. 

Ava's actions led to the death of Papa Sean and five other people so she should suffer for life as far as I am concerned.. The fact that the child she gave birth to is causing her so much pain is even better..

• Love 3

I'm hoping Charlie's character stays on screen as even when he's exposed as Allie's rapist and responsible for holding Ava against her will, there will still be a long term fall out as the father of Henry so possibilities for the more to the storyline and Charlie's character and psychosis. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

I'm hoping Charlie's character stays on screen as even when he's exposed as Allie's rapist and responsible for holding Ava against her will, there will still be a long term fall out as the father of Henry so possibilities for the more to the storyline and Charlie's character and psychosis. 

I think he was going to stay on screen regardless I doubt they brought him on for a short arc then again this show ends up getting rid of actors most people want to stay and keeping those people want gone. I agree on paper there should be long term fall out but Ron is writing so it will be resolved in a day or two.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 1

@Peanut6711, Canada also has its own problems with unhappy folks. Not on the same scale, but it is a lesson for all countries that it could also happen here. My province is one of the worst.

Anyhow, about today's show.

Marlena, Claire may have been recently released from a mental hospital, but she is not 12. Was it a good idea for you to bring Ben Weston along? Probably. You may know some stuff about her boyfriend, but he should not be there when you are going to be telling her that he is a possible suspect for Allie's assault. You don't know him or what he is capable of doing. There should have been a better way of handling this - not telling Claire outright, but not going through whatever motions to delay things. Yes, Ben was fine in de-escalating and removing Charlie from the home. And no, your Grandma should not see you in a negligee.

Claire, you don't talk to your boyfriend about slipping in to something more comfortable. Maybe talk about birth control and if he has any protection, if you have any protection, if you are taking the birth control pill or whatever. That should be the subject of conversation.

Tamara Braun really chewed the bed scenery with her drugged out hallucinations.

Does Salem Hospital not have any other doctors who aren't busy or a nurse who can take a blood sample to check for toxins/drugs/poisons that would make Ava so uncontrollable? Not up to poor Kayla to deal with everything herself. Sheesh, hit up the DiMeras and Kiriaki to give some cash to the hospital to hire more staff! Maybe once Tripp comes, he can calm down his mother so a proper blood sample can be taken,

Kayla was sure surprised to learn that Ava has another son and that he is Claire Brady's boyfriend. Yikes. Steve's story may be true.

Surprise, Charlie, to come home, find your mom missing, and Detective Rafe at the door.

Valerie sure didn't like Julia/Jules. Who cares what your son names his kids? He is under no obligation to name the kid after you. And where is she and Abe's food orders going to fit in that studio apartment. Does the unknown and unseen wing of it have a massive freezer? Sign them up for a Hello Fresh type food delivery service for a month or two. The food is delivered, doesn't take up space you don't have, etc.

How is all that baby stuff going to fit in JJ's studio apartment - the unseen wing!

Lani will have a tough time naturally feeding both kids. She will need more than that stupid pump as she is still rather, er, um, flat.

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Love 4

OMG, NBC sucks!  Cutting off the last few minutes!?!?!  I wanted to see if Marlena was finally going to "grow some balls" and tell Claire that Chuck may be Allie's rapist.  

Ben calling Charlie "Chuck" made me think of Peppermint Patty.  Good grief, Charlie Dale!  Honestly, though, I was hoping Charlie's E-VOL self would rear its ugly head, and he would put Ben in some kind of choke-hold or punch him in the throat.  

Poor Claire.  As much as I wanted to Fast-Forward through all of Isabel Durant's scenes, I had to watch the train wreck of Claire's grandmother showing up when she's about to have sex with her boyfriend.  

Tamara Braun was great today.  I loved how she cuddled her head against Rafe's arm when he told her he wouldn't leave her at Charlie's apartment.  And, it was fun to have Kayla encounter Ava in such a vulnerable position.  

While it's a relief to hopefully have Tripp's name cleared as a rapist, I couldn't help but think of how Bill Bell would have dragged this drama out for months and milked it for everything that it's worth.  This storyline was actually a good set-up to have me on the edge of my seat and practically throwing things at the screen in utter frustration, but in a good way. 

• Love 6

Eli: “How do two babies go missing from a damn hospital?”

Um, it’s University Hospital, Eli; ya know the one where DNA tests get switched all the time. And not just test results, but the actual babies at times too. You really have to ask how this could happen?   The better question is why do people who commit kidnapping crimes always stroll through Murder Park with the stolen kids?

12 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

OMG, NBC sucks!  Cutting off the last few minutes!?!?!  I wanted to see if Marlena was finally going to "grow some balls" and tell Claire that Chuck may be Allie's rapist.  

Ben calling Charlie "Chuck" made me think of Peppermint Patty.  Good grief, Charlie Dale!    

Ditto to both of these things!

19 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Why are we not continuing with Rafe and Charlie? Kayla and Ava? Why must I watch Lani's painful attempts at emoting? And her BFF verbally castrating poor dumb Brady. Ugh 

I felt the same way!  The one day NBC doesn't disrupt scheduled programing and it's all the most boring storylines. I remember the good old days when Fridays were not only the most action day but also the major storylines advancing to a climax & cliffhanger that would be guaranteed to be continued on Monday.  Today should have been the Charlie exposure, Ava at the hospital, and Gwen's vendetta.  Instead we probably won't get them till next Tues. 

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Does Salem Hospital not have any other doctors who aren't busy or a nurse who can take a blood sample to check for toxins/drugs/poisons that would make Ava so uncontrollable? Not up to poor Kayla to deal with everything herself. Sheesh, hit up the DiMeras and Kiriaki to give some cash to the hospital to hire more staff! Maybe once Tripp comes, he can calm down his mother so a proper blood sample can be taken.

Agree, it was silly that Kayla made it sound like no one had even taken a blood sample.  An IV and blood drawn is usually about the first thing done in the ER by a nurse. It would have been a better line of dialogue for Kayla to say they were still waiting for the results. Now that could hold a doctor up if the lab was busy.  But Kayla has become a one woman show at the hospital while Sarah is hauled up in a hotel room for over a week talking baby talk w/Zander who wasn't even paying attention.  I think it's time to move Sarah to the field of Pediatrics where her cutesy voice might at least seem a little relevant and explain why she isn't around to treat the adult patients. 

Lani will have a tough time naturally feeding both kids. She will need more than that stupid pump as she is still rather, er, um, flat.

Thankfully there is no correlation between breast size and milk production, not to mention that frequent feedings and drinking lots of water increases production. Trust me, I'm not well endowed and nursed both of mine for over a year.  I do hope though that Valerie bought Lani a double electric model pump and not a single manual one for efficiency and time constraints...and for the fact that till she gets the twins back she's going to need to pump. 

• Love 7

I realize Salem U Hospital is possibly even worse than whatever the hospital is called on Grey's Anatomy, but newborns wear alarmed bracelets, and they will trigger if carried past a physical line on the floor of the maternity wing. You don't just "match" the name and let them go. Even if you're (supposedly) a doctor.

On a superficial note, I like what they've done with Nadja's hair. The mix of tones looks really nice.

• Love 4

I thought they were setting up Valerie to be the kidnapper because of 1) her disappointed reaction to Jules's name and 2) because she stepped away to take a call yesterday when she was with Abe which I thought was meant to make her look suspicious. I'm glad that I was wrong and it's Dr. Raynor and some unknown accomplice.

This show doesn't even try to depict a realistic prison environment. What prison has a computer with internet access in the visiting room which an inmate can use whenever they want? That room has become Kristen's personal living room where she entertains guests, makes phone calls, and catches up on the latest Salem news via the web. Absolutely ridiculous. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 6

In regards to Rafe and Charlie not being seen today and a whole new set of storylines, I read that because of C-19, this is how stories are being filmed. They are keeping groups together to limit exposure among many people so we’ll see these stories for awhile and then go back to Charlie, Claire, et al. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

I didn't think of that tbh makes sense(about limiting exposure)

I don't really care for Elani much but their storyline is probably the only one going on at the moment that doesn't seem offensive.. 

It is also nice that this features people of color as the focal point I don't think Days had that many people of color on in the same episode/time.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Prairiemakeup said:

In regards to Rafe and Charlie not being seen today and a whole new set of storylines, I read that because of C-19, this is how stories are being filmed. They are keeping groups together to limit exposure among many people so we’ll see these stories for awhile and then go back to Charlie, Claire, et al. 

I know they are filming differently because of Covid but the complaints about today's episode had to do with what was airing.  The show always has been and still is a mix of different sets of characters that can vary day to day due to how they are edited.  It's simply a matter of them not waiting till Monday or Tuesday to pick up with where they left off with the Charlie storyline from yesterday.  Either way it's already been filmed. 

• Love 4

Why would a strange person walk up to a baby carriage and remove a kid to cuddle with it? Bonnie has no idea who Dr. Raynor is, but still? Even if the kid is crying, you just don't help yourself? At least Raynor finally got away.

Who would want to kidnap two newborns? Twins too?

Funny how none of hospital security or its cameras noticed anything. Surely there has been some staff turnover and Dr. Raynor would be recognized. Heck, she could have taken a few minutes to help out Ava.

Xander has now clued in that the books are being laundered and not embezzled? Sarah doesn't have to go to her job?

Kristen has access to the Internet? She's going ballistic because Brady gave a small kiss to his friend on New Year's. Kristen, you are in jail. Brady is loyal to you.

Valerie has a new man in her life. Poor Abe.

• Love 4

I was kinda looking forward to the Charlie, Rafe, Claire, & Ava stuff but I guess you have to spread it around. All I want to know is why was Eli such a jackass to Lani through the whole show? I was waiting for him to slap her to get her under control. He kept discounting everything she said. Until we meet again on Monday......

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

When did Bonnie become so Southern?

Right?  I was going to ask if Judi Evans has always played Bonnie with such a caricature-like accent.  Nails on a chalkboard!  

Well, today was a change of pace.  It felt like a show that I didn't even know why I'm watching, as opposed to every other day this week.  

Not a big Chloe fan but I liked that she's actually being a voice of reason, and telling Philip he needs to do something about this mess with the Vitali family.  It could be reasoned that Philip is behaving like an addict who continues to be prone to self-destructive behaviors, but the Show isn't making much effort to write it in a thoughtful way.  And if Philip really believes Victor will throw him to the wolves, what about his mother?  Say what you will about Kate but she's usually a fiercely protective mother.  

Oh, Dr Raynor!  What have you gotten yourself into now?  Did her dealings with Xander open the Pandora's Box of her darker side, or has she always been inclined towards questionable behavior?  Who am I kidding?  She's probably just a plot point.  It's always nice to see someone from Springfield, USA, though.  

I have no idea who would want to steal Eli and Lani's babies, so I guess there was a little bit of mystery to this episode.  Gabi is the only person who I can think of who hates them this much but I don't recall how her paths crossed with Dr Raynor's.  

• Love 1

Oh great ,another baby kidnapping situation. Boy oh boy is Carlivati creatively bankrupt . 

Oh well, atleast it might help Eli and Lani sparkle abit since this might be a storyline that would actually make both characters compelling as a couple. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Who would want to kidnap two newborns? Twins too?

Anyone who hates Lani. Since half of this forum's members fall into that category, it could be any one of you 😜

• LOL 14
57 minutes ago, MsTree said:

Anyone who hates Lani. Since half of this forum's members fall into that category, it could be any one of you 😜

I did it!  I set them free in the Dimera tunnels. 

• LOL 16

Hope they don't get into the leftover champagne!

Why was Bonnie's southern drawl suddenly turned up to 250% today? She's been virtually accent-free for weeks now....

If I was Dr Kidnapper, I'd have just told her I was a nanny and to please stop blocking the path. Bonnie picking up the kid without permission was just too much...really now, Ron.

Where does Abe get off asking Val to move back for him? Dude, she's never going to visit if this is the corner you back her into!

Of course, it could just be set-up/foreshadowing....

I did a doubletake when Kristen suddenly said she could understand Xander snd Victor's actions...um, then why did you STAB Victor?!

Is she getting any therapy? Cause she needs it.

• Love 5

On another note I miss Sarah's long hair. I feel the frenetic behaviour and baby talk amped up when she got the gaunt face post weight loss and cut off her gorgeous curls. Maybe she's hungry and the low blood sugar makes her giddy. I still like her and Xander but she needs to dial it back. And same to that awful fake accent Judi Evan's was doing. Painful 

• Love 5

I will say that LG was lucky that RC was able to turn her character around with the pairing of her & Xander. She was brought on to be the doctor with heart of gold with a moral compass. Then saw something with Sarah & Xander and ran with it. Her hair drives me nuts because it turned her all cutesy. On B&B she had long blonde hair but then she was looking too much like her co-star and she changed it. I don’t remember all the curls from before unless she’s been getting it straightened like Laura Wright does. Anyway, her hair on Days has strangely changed how she acts & it’s annoying. Although, I do like how Xander & Sarah accept each other & are crazy for one another. Kind of cute. I like it short & blonde. Very casual. IMO!!!

F67AC947-4CCF-4A8E-8643-C96A127B8666.jpeg

Edited by ByaNose
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Yes, WE know that Charlie is guilty.  But the way John just decided it HAD to be Charlie and had Marlena (who enlisted Ben) go all Rambo on Claire was ridiculous.  It's not exactly like he has solid information.  IF Charlie had been innocent, wasn't John falling in to the same trap Nicole did when she decided Tripp was guilty and went around telling everybody?  Granted, Rafe went to check it out and found Ava tied up - which even if he didn't rape Allie could be considered suspicious - but for everyone to immediately assume that Steve's theory is right with no proof is really typical Salem.  Just because it's now obvious Charlie doesn't like Ava (many others don't either) doesn't mean that he's the father of Allie's baby.

Yes Lani.  You DID marry an incompetent, REALLY stupid man.  Naturally, you should have expected he was telling the truth when he joked about forgetting the car seats.  I'm surprised you didn't feel the need to explain that you can't actually put babies in the trunk of your car.  Are we really going to have to listen to several months of her screeching at him that he's doing EVERYTHING wrong?  Yup, looking forward to THAT.  At least now they don't have Eli apologizing for arresting Kristen anymore.  He's apologizing for doing it behind Lani's back, not the fact that he did it.

And Brady STILL blames Eli.  Yes, how DARE he do his job and arrest a wanted fugitive!

Edited by DaphneCat
Grammar
  • Love 11

Why doesnt Philip just ask his highschool BFF Jason Welles for Money ? Afterall ,Jason ,Jan and Philip were thee kids at Salem High who had super rich parents plus I can picture Jason probably running his family's businesses by now .

Or why doesnt he enlist his ISA agent sister Billie Reed to help him out with the Vitale situation given that the Vitales are a mafia crime syndicate.

The ISA for sure would grab the chance to work with  Philip to take them down since he is doing money laundering for them.

Hell ,Philip himself used to be in the millitary and even worked for the ISA back in 2003  for a while with John as his supervisor.

the ISA would jump at the chance to help an ex agent of theirs who got caught up with a major crime family and even doing money laundering for them. With the ISA's help , Philip could easily obtain a pardon from the governor for money laundering by stating that he was an ISA agent working deep undercover . 

I mean why not? 

Mo -Ron Carlivati expects to just go with it and forget that Philip used to be in the military and used to be an ISA agent .

Oh ,thats right , they have to keep up with this storyline to reduce Philip to a total chump and completely undoing any development ,growth and progress he had under Hogan Sheffer's tenure.

Hogan had made it clear that he wanted Philip to be the new Kiriakis to fear. 

Boy oh boy all that work has been totally derailed by writers that came after him.

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 3

While Friday's episode was a little boring, I at least appreciate that it helped to move several plots along. I also like that the show it at least attempting some cast integration.

That being said, during the Brady/Kristen scenes, I was fixated on a prop in the back. It said do not spit on the floor as it spreads disease. Is that a common practice in prison? I was so focused on the sign and the many questions it raised that I missed most of what Kristen and Brady were saying. Also, I know some people are skeeved out because Kristen used to be Brady's stepmom, but today I couldn't help but notice the EM looks older than SH. As I'm sure you can tell, it was hard for me to get invested in their scenes.

I usually love babynapping storylines, but I despise Lani and by extension Eli so much that it was hard to care. I found the return of Dr. Raynor pleasantly surprising, and I liked how the show incorporated Bonnie. It reminded me of when soaps had umbrella storylines that naturally incorporated most or all of the canvas. However, Bonnie's accent was annoying. Not only because it was over-the-top but because there were slight changes to it during the course of the episode, as well. She started off sounding like Scarlet O'Hara and ended sounding like Blanche Devereaux. Regardless, it's nice to know more people will be incorporated in this storyline than just Eli, Lani, their parents, and Julie. I guess Kristen will care, too.

I know the show is on a budget, but I wish they would cover-up the actors' tattoos. When I was bored in the Eli or Sarah scenes, I found myself fixated on their tattoos and whether they were in-character or not.

Overall, not the most exciting episode, but it at least is moving things along on the show. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I will say that LG was lucky that RC was able to turn her character around with the pairing of her & Xander. She was brought on to be the doctor with heart of gold with a moral compass. Then saw something with Sarah & Xander and ran with it. Her hair drives me nuts because it turned her all cutesy. On B&B she had long blonde hair but then she was looking too much like her co-star and she changed it. I don’t remember all the curls from before unless she’s been getting it straightened like Laura Wright does. Anyway, her hair on Days has strangely changed how she acts & it’s annoying. Although, I do like how Xander & Sarah accept each other & are crazy for one another. Kind of cute. I like it short & blonde. Very casual. IMO!!!

F67AC947-4CCF-4A8E-8643-C96A127B8666.jpeg

Look at that . I can definitely buy that she is Kayla 's daughter. 

Why the hell didnt they cast her Stephanie Johnson?

I swear this show is run by fools !!!!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Rafael said:

I will say that LG was lucky that RC was able to turn her character around with the pairing of her & Xander.

I couldn't have cared less about her character but the baby switch kidnapping hijinks and the Xander pairing worked for me. They finally made her work.

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I liked today's scenes with Charlie being interrogated by Rafe, the actor playing Charlie is so smooth when he is "nice" Charlie, he made me believe he knew nothing about Ava or Allie.  

I didn't see today's show.  My thoughts specifically on the above:

1) I could see how Charlie could still sweet talk his way out of the Allie rape

2) How the heck can they expect Charlie to claim ignorance on the Ava situation?!  Hasn't Charlie been living at home on the regular these past weeks? Charlie can't say he's been out of town for the last X days/weeks.  How does he explain to Rafe he (Charlie) didn't see a woman gagged and tied to a chair in his freaking living room?!  

• Love 3