Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, buffynut said:

But hopefully not with Rafe.  Why did they bring him back anyway?

Because Corday's wife thinks Galen Gering is the Ultimate Man®️.  

Surprised to see they got Victoria Konefal back for an episode so soon after her departure.  It's probably difficult to find work during a pandemic.  Poor Ben has absolutely no purpose to his life without his lurve for Ciara.  

This episode made me miss ORK as Claire, as she would have been the only reason I didn't FF through just about every scene.  

If they're going to continue the pattern for the week, hopefully tomorrow's episode will be fun and Friday's episode I should be able to watch in 20 minutes or less.  

Are they not setting up any BIG NYE's moment?  That's unusual.  

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Surprised to see they got Victoria Konefal back for an episode so soon after her departure.  It's probably difficult to find work during a pandemic.  Poor Ben has absolutely no purpose to his life without his lurve for Ciara.  

This episode made me miss ORK as Claire, as she would have been the only reason I didn't FF through just about every scene.  

If they're going to continue the pattern for the week, hopefully tomorrow's episode will be fun and Friday's episode I should be able to watch in 20 minutes or less.  

Are they not setting up any BIG NYE's moment?  That's unusual.  

Ben can be like the rest of us. Get up and go to his job, come home and clean and do laundry, maybe do some volunteer work or coach kids in sports or whatever. Do things he is interested in doing or learning about. See what he likes, enjoys, etc. Love is great, but he needs to figure out what he wants in life that does not revolve around Ciara. If she returns from the dead, like half of Salem, at least she will have a man who has spent time on his own.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Has anyone found out the skinny on Chandler Massey’s non return? That was all sorts of weird. Did he even have a scene with Deidre Hall? Then he wasn’t in the family photo? Was all of this shot on different days when Chandler wasn’t there? He really must have wanted an easy paycheck for that return. I know Days likes to slip people in and (Ciera, nuTheo, Tony & Anna) but Chandler’s return made no sense. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I’ve never been in labor, but my god, the thought of Julie and Doug singing to me during it is horrific. 

LOL.   And yet, imo, it made more sense than Chloe suddenly bursting out into opera-like song during a phone call.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

+1. I am really sad that they're giving us so many Ben/Claire scenes because I thought ORK and RSW had amazing chem. I could tolerate Ben with her.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Snuffly baby noises in every scene. Kill me

It was louder than the dialogue. That was fine when it drowned out drippy Elani talk. Not when Roman is spilling the beans about Allie's rape over the zoom chat with Sami.

• Love 1

Why do fake baby’s on soaps in the year 2020 still look fake? It’s like some of the older actors (who have grown children of their own in real life) never held a baby before. Today was a triple whammy with the twins and baby Henry. I know they don’t want new borns on the set but they could at least make it more realistic. So, Joey was another drop in to bring Ava back on to the canvas and he’s leaving already? I thought he was back-back to fill in the spots of some of the actors who left and/or were fired. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 2
On 12/22/2020 at 1:22 PM, brisbydog said:

Argh please stop with the snuffling baby noise!

I dread any scene with babies in it now because of this horrible sound. Lani's twins weren't even cool out the oven today before they were doing it.  Can the editors not hear how annoying it is?? Make.it.stop.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Snuffly baby noises in every scene. Kill me

My husband walked into the room, and immediately said that that was all he could hear.

Two days of Lani in a row. A Christmas miracle would be for her to go off and be a mother somewhere off screen for a long, long time. I'm so happy that she's forgiven her husband for doing his job. How sweet.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I thought today's episode was the weakest of the Christmas ones.  It just didn't seem very festive.   Funnily enough, I didn't notice the snuffy baby sounds, but I'm sure not that I'm aware of them, that's all I'll hear from now on.  😄

• Love 4

Eli's mom dressed like that to ride a plane?

Yep.  I knew Joey wouldn't be staying long.  But when did Stephanie move to Seattle?

Roman has a big mouth.

Why did Tripp sit on the floor to read that card?

They should name the babies Noel and Noelle.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Three days of Allie in a row. But have not returned to Ava and Charlie. Show hates me

She's related to most of the town so this doesn't really bother me except that Will has the same connections to everyone(and unlike Allie, Will had actual relationships we saw onscreen) as she does and we barely saw him.  This just drives my point home that Horton women are more valued than Horton men on this show. Being a Horton male is a death sentence.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2

That was the saddest Christmas "party" so far. No Kayla (with good reason), Shawn, Will, Claire, Belle, or even Nicole. Roman's party seemed no different than any other day of people having dinner at the Pub. Even worse, the dinner happened offscreen with just Roman, Steve, and Joey.  I hadn't realized just how few Bradys remain in Salem and how many have disappeared over the years: Bo, Eric, Carrie, Papa Shawn, Caroline, Ciara, Rex, etc. I was further annoyed that Lucas attended the Brady get-together but didn't show up to the Horton one. With all these sad showings of family Xmas parties, I hope today was the last day of them. I know this is all due to COVID and budget constraints, but I really miss the parties that had half of the DAYS cast in one location.

• Love 6
On 12/22/2020 at 11:20 AM, boes said:

I watched yesterday for the first time in months because of the holidays.  I liked pretty much all the same stuff as you did, Enchantingmonkey - I sorta loved seeing Maggie and Victor again after all this time especially - but the odious Kristen and the unneeded Bonnie were both pretty awful.  If Show ever decides they made as huge a mistake as I think they did in killing off Adrienne and decide to reverse course I'll go along with whatever stupid reason they choose.  But Bonnie Lockhart is a no-go for me.  Kristen's only possible use is as a speed bump.

And while I like Chloe I hate any episode that has her or anyone else breaking into song.

Awww, @boes, it's nice to "see" you back suffering through this crap with us for the holidays!  🙂

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Does anyone feel Sarah pushing the pain  away from losing her daughter (twice) would make her over Compensate with the goofy overly happy act.  Is Eric running anyway from his pain?   So much talk about how hurt Kristin is but Sarah went through much more.  In fact if she had stabbed victor it would have made a better story.  How would Maggie handle it?  

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Does anyone feel Sarah pushing the pain  away from losing her daughter (twice) would make her over Compensate with the goofy overly happy act.  Is Eric running anyway from his pain?   So much talk about how hurt Kristin is but Sarah went through much more.  In fact if she had stabbed victor it would have made a better story.  How would Maggie handle it?  

Sarah would've been a better choice her or JJ to stab Victor alas they go for the least dramatic option every time.

• Useful 3

Not that I know anything about kids, but I just assumed that twins normally came early and were premature. Lani was a pro throughout the birth, she didn't seem to have any meds or an epidural and her hair and makeup looked great. And no mess to clean up after. No taking the babies away for a bit to weigh and measure them, see if they are okay.  Yep.

The annual story and Santa were early. We usually don't see that til Christmas Day.

Valerie looked like she just came from some fancy holiday party. Can't imagine that the grandparents would be able to see the babies until they were examined and then it would be through the maternity ward window.

Bye, Joey. Thanks for stopping by for a visit. You will be much happier in Seattle. Who is going to pay for his plane ticket? Mom and Dad? Stephanie?

Roman, you have a big mouth and the Brady Pub sure had a sad party. Hi Sami! Nice to see you again. Roman really should not have told you anything. It was up to Allie to talk to you and 'fess up. Allie's story is still hazy.

Lucas, why show up at Ava's/Tripp's apartment?

Tripp, wouldn't you find it a bit odd to find all those unsent Christmas cards? At least you are reporting that Ava has been missing for 48 hours.

• Love 3

Ava has good taste in cards.  I pretty much hate picking out cards but some of those cards were super cute.  And, I love Tripp wanting to fulfill his childhood dream of having a relationship with his mother, regardless of her being a part of the Psycho-of-the-Month club.  It's all my kind of tragic.  

It was interesting that they had such an important conversation between Allie and Sami happen over a video chat, much like we might have to do while living during a pandemic, but there isn't a pandemic in Salem, USA.  I was impressed with what Alison Sweeney was able to do while acting opposite a "camera" rather than an actual person.  

But for as much I enjoy Sami's presence in Salem, I'm a little horrified at what she'll try to do to Tripp if she decides she needs to come to town.  

Finally, Stephanie gets a mention.  I was annoyed at how many scenes in which they neglected to mention her when she would have been mentioned in a normal family's conversation.  Ohhh, okay, she's Joey's exit story, so she gets a name drop.  

Stephen Nichols and Lucas Adams have such great screen chemistry.  I love all of their father/son moments, which is something that usually doesn't cause a blip on my radar.  

14 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I am really sad that they're giving us so many Ben/Claire scenes because I thought ORK and RSW had amazing chem.

They really did, and it was all because of ORK.  It was like she had some ability to make RSW seem like a better actor, at least more so than Victoria Konefal.  And it's not that I don't like Isabel Durant, it's just that her monotone line delivery is like ORK's Claire after way too many sessions of electroshock therapy.  It's like she's fallen under Ben's spell, while ORK and RSW functioned more as an unholy alliance.  

• Love 9
On 12/24/2020 at 7:25 AM, enchantingmonkey said:

Rafe on-screen has been pointless for about 9  years now.  None of his plotlines really worked. 

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Rafael said:

Rafe on-screen has been pointless for about 9  years now.  None of his plotlines really worked. 

He wasn't needed when Sami had to go into the witness protection program. For the next two years Sami had to defer to Rafe boring ideas and be rescued by him, when Sami was always more interesting in coming up with ideas to get herself into and out of trouble.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Not that I know anything about kids, but I just assumed that twins normally came early and were premature. Lani was a pro throughout the birth, she didn't seem to have any meds or an epidural and her hair and makeup looked great. And no mess to clean up after. No taking the babies away for a bit to weigh and measure them, see if they are okay.  Yep.

I don't have children, but even I know that you don't handle babies the way they were slinging those kids around.  It was so obvious they just had a blanket wrapped up - they couldn't even spring for a couple heavy dolls so at least holding them would be realistic.  And apparently Henry hasn't grown since birth - he was the same size as Lani and Eli's twins.

They actually had Allie in a scene with Sami where she acted like a normal person talking with her mother instead of a snotty brat.  Must be a Christmas miracle.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

The annual story and Santa were early. We usually don't see that til Christmas Day.

Valerie looked like she just came from some fancy holiday party. Can't imagine that the grandparents would be able to see the babies until they were examined and then it would be through the maternity ward window.

Bye, Joey. Thanks for stopping by for a visit. You will be much happier in Seattle. Who is going to pay for his plane ticket? Mom and Dad? Stephanie?

Roman, you have a big mouth and the Brady Pub sure had a sad party. Hi Sami! Nice to see you again. Roman really should not have told you anything. It was up to Allie to talk to you and 'fess up. Allie's story is still hazy.

Lucas, why show up at Ava's/Tripp's apartment?

Tripp, wouldn't you find it a bit odd to find all those unsent Christmas cards? At least you are reporting that Ava has been missing for 48 hours.

The little noises she was making while pushing had me rolling!🤣very unrealistic birth, for twins no less.  But we really don’t want visual reality either🤢 I didn’t even know it was SO easy to deliver twins naturally. 
So do the kids at the hospital think Santa has an eye patch now? Also, I usually ff’d the reading but is that what they usually read to the sick little children? Kind of heavy and WAY over their heads. I was WTF?! 
Holy shit Valerie must have made quite an impression on the plane. Between her breasts spilling out and her hair needing its own seat. I feel sorry for the person sitting next to her. 
Roman does have a big mouth and that whole scene was incredibly badly s as cited. ( bad actor!) why would he start spewing something like that in the middle of a video call? Moron. 

• Love 7

Yay - a Christmas Day episode all about rapists Ava and Charlie. Heartwarming. 

I would have loved scenes with Holly and Nicole today. Isn't it her birthday?

Instead we get Nafe. Ricole? Riiiiicollaaaaaa? (Couplename TBD)

John's moods are so random, scene by scene. They could actually write the after effects of his stroke in a more believable way since, you know, some of the viewers actually do know people who have endured that. This is a dumb portrayal.

...and were Steve and John ever *really* that close? I feel like they're just saying that because Bo is dead now, and he was the one actually closer to each of them separately.

Hey, Charlie....why did you even tell Ava about the rape at all...? If no one ever knew, you'd be in the clear.

Nicole's dress is nice.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I would have loved scenes with Holly and Nicole today. Isn't it her birthday?

Holly was born a week before Christmas. In yesterday scenes with Rafe and Nicole, she told him that she celebrated Holly's birthday a few days ago.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Hey, Charlie....why did you even tell Ava about the rape at all...? If no one ever knew, you'd be in the clear.

It would make sense if he told her because he wanted to see if she would stand by him or want to give him up to protect Tripp. He obviously knows she cares more about Tripp but maybe he just wanted to give her one last test.

• Love 1

Look at Steve using his brain! I appreciate that Steve & Kayla acknowledged how far-fetched the idea of Tripp's-unknown-relative-raping-Allie is, but at this point I just want this entire storyline resolved. So if Steve wants to finally do some investigating to clear his son's name, then go for it. I still don't understand what type of DNA test Kayla ran and why it wasn't the type that they do on "Maury" where the guy is told either he's the father or not the father, but let's just get this over with please! 

I enjoyed Claire & Allie having some girl time and opening gifts together. They reminded me a bit of Hope & Jennifer: cousins & close friends. This show could certainly use more female friendships like that. 

• Love 6

When this annoying "who's the rapist" storyline peters out and the truth finally comes out, will someone point out to Kayla how abysmally incompetent she has been and that she caused much of the problem? For example in her vague, to the point of being meaningless, report of Tripp and Henry "sharing DNA"; could she not say precisely in which proportion? She came close to it in today's episode, but did not quite get there. And wouldn't a truly thorough physician have done other tests to establish from which side of Tripp's family tree that DNA comes from in order to dismiss one of the two possibilities? She does have one half of the progenitors at her disposal so she can get all the DNA samples she needs. Of course the show probably wrote it that way just to artificially extend the storyline and pseudo-suspense.

To think it took slow-brained Patch to figure out that Tripp has two parents and that there could be a whole lot of Vitalis out there.

She could put forward as an excuse that she is overextended at the hospital: delivering babies, overseeing cancer treatments, looking after patients recovering from brain aneurisms, performing DNA tests, treating slips and falls as well as knifings and car accident victims, etc. On top of all the administrative tasks she must perform as chief of staff. These days it looks at if she is the sole doctor on staff, and a jack-of-all-trades one to boot.

Will she and others apologise to Tripp for what they put him through?

How could Claire not have heard Ava crying out as Tripp was putting the gag on? She was right at the door and was easily heard by the people inside.

Ava just recently came back to Salem, under an assumed name. How come she received so many greetings cards judging from her little display?

12 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Holy shit Valerie must have made quite an impression on the plane. Between her breasts spilling out and her hair needing its own seat. I feel sorry for the person sitting next to her. 

That hair would be more suitable on a giggly teenager. Then again she was wearing a much too tight dress, which must have made the plane trip rather uncomfortable. Perhaps she is going through a mid-life crisis. Although such a fashion choice does seem standard for women characters on this show, along with uncomfortable high heels.

12 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Also, I usually ff’d the reading but is that what they usually read to the sick little children? Kind of heavy and WAY over their heads. I was WTF?!

I too have trouble imagining real children being that enthralled by a story that begins so dryly. But I suppose indoctrination works best if you start young. Is the Salem hospital operated by a religious order? If not, would not such a reading be considered inappropriate? I know religion often encroaches on secular spaces in the US, but I have always felt that annual reading to be a few steps too far. 

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, wurdalak said:

Ava just recently came back to Salem, under an assumed name. How come she received so many greetings cards judging from her little display?

Those were all the unsent cards that Ava had written to Tripp over the year that he found in her apartment. He put them up with the rest of the Christmas decorations.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, wurdalak said:

I too have trouble imagining real children being that enthralled by a story that begins so dryly. But I suppose indoctrination works best if you start young. Is the Salem hospital operated by a religious order? If not, would not such a reading be considered inappropriate? I know religion often encroaches on secular spaces in the US, but I have always felt that annual reading to be a few steps too far. 

The hospital is associated with Salem University, though I don't know if the University is secular or not.

Considering that the characters are canonically Catholic, was Kayla reading from a Douay version?

Edited by Silver Raven
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

Those were all the unsent cards that Ava had written to Tripp over the year that he found in her apartment. He put them up with the rest of the Christmas decorations.

Thanks for the info. My attention tends to drift away during the most boring subplots (like the birth of the devil twins) and it may take me a little while to clue back in when they switch to another one, so I miss a few details here and there.

Was she supposed to be carrying these cards with her all the time or did she have them sent over after coming out publicly as being alive? For someone on the lam, it is not the best idea to keep with you such objects of apparent sentimental value since you never know when you will have to decamp in a hurry and leave stuff behind.

Edited by wurdalak
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, wurdalak said:

Was she supposed to be carrying these cards with her all the time or did she have them sent over after coming out publicly as being alive? For someone on the lam, it is not the best idea to keep with you such objects of apparent sentimental value since you never know when you will have to decamp in a hurry and leave stuff behind.

Considering the fact that Ava had forgotten that she gave birth to Tripp and didn't find out about him until the last five years or so, I thought the cards were suspect to begin with.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, wurdalak said:

When this annoying "who's the rapist" storyline peters out and the truth finally comes out, will someone point out to Kayla how abysmally incompetent she has been and that she caused much of the problem? For example in her vague, to the point of being meaningless, report of Tripp and Henry "sharing DNA"; could she not say precisely in which proportion? She came close to it in today's episode, but did not quite get there. And wouldn't a truly thorough physician have done other tests to establish from which side of Tripp's family tree that DNA comes from in order to dismiss one of the two possibilities? She does have one half of the progenitors at her disposal so she can get all the DNA samples she needs. Of course the show probably wrote it that way just to artificially extend the storyline and pseudo-suspense.

And that's why, of all people, I will be the most okay with Kayla getting a free pass.  They treated DNA like it was only as specific as blood type to tell this story.  In order for that to happen, the character of Kayla had to know less about DNA than the audience.  They acted like Kayla did the DNA.  A doctor wouldn't run that; a lab would.  They acted like the results were "related" but there would at least be a percentage.  Even the cheap kits you can buy online do that much.

I blame Nicole more than Kayla. 

This was a weird episode.  For all they talked about arranging the schedule so holidays would match, including writing that temporary prison break week, today's Christmas Day episode felt like the kind of episode that should have aired on Monday--still within the Christmas week but not on Christmas.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

They acted like Kayla did the DNA.  A doctor wouldn't run that; a lab would. 

She dis say once or twice that SHE ran the tests a few times. But as I wrote earlier, this is the hospital in which she does everything.

If she is written as dumb and incompetent, than that is the true nature of her character for the time being and that is how I will judge her; until they decide to rewrite her as intelligent and skillful to serve a new story direction.

• Love 3
On 12/23/2020 at 7:51 PM, buffynut said:

Even though I didn't expect him to show up, I didn't like the Eric tease.  I really miss him, and hate that GV left right after the wedding.  But if he's not coming back anytime soon, then he needs to be presumed dead in Africa so Nicole can move on. But hopefully not with Rafe.  Why did they bring him back anyway?

As a Cin fan, I enjoyed the scenes today.  Again, I hate that like Eric and Nicole, they were split up minutes after the wedding. Hopefully having VK pop in for these scenes means there's a chance of her returning to the show.

I too, so love Ben & Ciara together.  I really felt for Ben and his struggle with putting Ciara's ornament on the tree.  Having Ciara show up (if only in his mind) was such a sweet moment.  They can be a bit sugary, sweet sometimes, but I love their fierce loyalty to one another.  

As for my other favorite couple on the show, it would be so cool if Jensen Ackles could reprise the role of Eric until Greg Vaughan comes back. I know it will never happen. I just hate not seeing this super couple together.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I did get Kayla making the point that although it is possible someone else attacked Allie, the signs point to Tripp, at least right now. No one knows if Ava had any more kids or if there are cousins or whatever that could be a match. And what would the odds be of that happening? Tripp is just cut and dried as the attacker.

Lucas, what a stupid thing to do - to go to Tripp's residence and threaten him. Rafe was lucky when he dropped by. There is no justice in you harming your daughter's alleged attacker.

Charlie giving Ava what looked like some awful breakfast cereal? Ugh. Claire couldn't hear any voices from the unit as she approached? Not the best idea to ask someone who works at Pop-pop's company for an employee's address. Not cool.

John's moods are random and a bit scary. Never knowing when he will fly off the handle like that.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

Look at Steve using his brain! I appreciate that Steve & Kayla acknowledged how far-fetched the idea of Tripp's-unknown-relative-raping-Allie is, but at this point I just want this entire storyline resolved. So if Steve wants to finally do some investigating to clear his son's name, then go for it. I still don't understand what type of DNA test Kayla ran and why it wasn't the type that they do on "Maury" where the guy is told either he's the father or not the father, but let's just get this over with please! 

I enjoyed Claire & Allie having some girl time and opening gifts together. They reminded me a bit of Hope & Jennifer: cousins & close friends. This show could certainly use more female friendships like that. 

6 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

They could compare Steve's DNA to Henry's, and if they don't match, then that would mean that Steve is not his grandfather, so Tripp can't be his father.

30 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I did get Kayla making the point that although it is possible someone else attacked Allie, the signs point to Tripp, at least right now. No one knows if Ava had any more kids or if there are cousins or whatever that could be a match. And what would the odds be of that happening? Tripp is just cut and dried as the attacker.

Lucas, what a stupid thing to do - to go to Tripp's residence and threaten him. Rafe was lucky when he dropped by. There is no justice in you harming your daughter's alleged attacker.

Charlie giving Ava what looked like some awful breakfast cereal? Ugh. Claire couldn't hear any voices from the unit as she approached? Not the best idea to ask someone who works at Pop-pop's company for an employee's address. Not cool.

John's moods are random and a bit scary. Never knowing when he will fly off the handle like that.

FINALLY, at least someone is using their brain.

Of course, AGAIN, Marlena simply can't resist trashing Sami.  Today, she made it sound like ONLY Sami has done terrible things.  I guess Eric, Brady and Belle are all saints?  

• Love 4

The Show can't write any of their characters as being intelligent for long, because it would spoil 99% of their plot points.  It's just never going to happen.  

I like that Ava and Tripp are both stuck in situations where people don't believe them.  Charlie is never going to believe that Ava has his best interest at heart, much to her own detriment, and the Horton/Brady families are never going to believe that Tripp didn't rape Allie, much to his own detriment.  

So Charlie believes he can kill his own mother?  Wow.  

Why didn't we get to see Marlena talk Rage-o-holic John down off his cliff?  I wanted to see her give him a good, verbal smack down.

While I understand why Allie's family all want to remove Tripp's penis, I can't help but root for Ava to rain some Hell down upon them when she gets free from SweetCharlie's clutches.  

8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

It would make sense if he told her because he wanted to see if she would stand by him or want to give him up to protect Tripp. He obviously knows she cares more about Tripp but maybe he just wanted to give her one last test.

Agreed.  The many complications of the inter-personal relationships are the best aspect of this rape storyline.  Charlie didn't admit the rape to a random stranger, but to his own mother who was questioning him.  And Charlie has yet to use the word "rape", only Ava has used that word in his presence.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Today, she made it sound like ONLY Sami has done terrible things.  I guess Eric, Brady and Belle are all saints?  

No, when she started she pointed out to John that his children have done bad things, too. That would definitely include Belle and Brady and I think John considers Marlena's kids his as well. I think she used Sami as a specific example for her because Sami has done the most extreme stuff of her kids.

1 hour ago, enchantingmonkey said:

And Charlie has yet to use the word "rape", only Ava has used that word in his presence.  

I think Charlie did use the word rape at least once. When he finally admitted it to Ava he said he raped her. It's I knew it would be hard for this show to have any wiggle room with Charlie on this because even he flat out used the word rape so he can't pretend he didn't know what he was doing or something more ambiguous happened.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

This is an unpopular opinion on here but I loved Valerie's hair and dress.  Her hair was gorgeous and there was something so beautiful seeing a Black woman with her dark complexion with all of that hair in it's glory. Black women are indeed beautiful and Valerie wearing her hair that way is not something that I ever saw watching soaps as a kid.  I saw myself in Valerie...

• Love 14
9 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

And Charlie has yet to use the word "rape", only Ava has used that word in his presence.  

8 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I think Charlie did use the word rape at least once. When he finally admitted it to Ava he said he raped her. It's I knew it would be hard for this show to have any wiggle room with Charlie on this because even he flat out used the word rape so he can't pretend he didn't know what he was doing or something more ambiguous happened.

Yea, he definitely said, "I raped her." I was disappointed in that moment because I was hoping there was still a chance Charlie could be salvaged and I wouldn't have to hate myself for liking him lol. But hell, with this show, they could just retcon it and then expect us to just pretend he never said it.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

This is an unpopular opinion on here but I loved Valerie's hair and dress.  Her hair was gorgeous and there was something so beautiful seeing a Black woman with her dark complexion with all of that hair in it's glory. Black women are indeed beautiful and Valerie wearing her hair that way is not something that I ever saw watching soaps as a kid.  I saw myself in Valerie...

I would say I saw Dru on Y&R early on wear her hair more natural but I agree not someone with Valerie's complexion though.

• Love 1