Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E12: Life After Polygamy

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

And at the time this was aired she was at least 16, if not already 17? By the time this would have gone to court and then been enforced, she’d have been close to 18 anyway.

I think that you can also file for back child support (for all of the kids) but I'm guessing the judge would wonder why you waited all these years to pursue it. I think it would also invite a degree of legal scrutiny into the family finances (and any benefits they may have collected in the past, like food stamps) that neither Janelle nor Kody would want.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I’m still processing the latest piece to the financial puzzle revealed this week…

Both Janelle AND Meri took the profits from selling their Las Vegas homes and dumped them into Robyn’s house, seemingly leaving nothing left for either of them to buy or build their own homes? Seriously?

I REALLY wish the conversations that led up to that happening had been aired as part of the show. I cannot imagine why Janelle and Meri would have ever agreed to that. Kody and Robyn must had used some serious voodoo magic to get them to go along with their “Robyn gets everything” plan. Robyn gets the big house, Robyn gets a nanny, Robyn gets all of Kody’s time and attention (although, who would want that?) and the others were left with zero assets and nothing from Kody??? Didn’t they realize that if they depleted all the family funds on a house they couldn’t afford, Robyn’s mansion, they wouldn’t be able to pay off the land and thus they couldn’t build anything for themselves? Did they think more money would just materialize or that “never work Kody” would suddenly step up and start supporting his family? It just seems like all of Robyn’s expenses have made the family “house poor”, which is only further evidenced by the recent loans against Robyn’s house. 

Meri is a dolt living in fantasy land so my expectations of her have always been low, but I’m quite shocked that Janelle would put herself in such a weak position. I think Christine’s departure really woke her up to how stupid and trusting she’s been. It’s so unfortunate.

On a side note, Janelle was spot on when she said she felt like Kody was using her to try to hang onto Christine’s house. Kody is all about Kody. Always. Janelle is finally starting to recognize that more and more and more.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 4
  • Love 13

So let me get this straight..... Christine leaving is causing collateral damage for generations, even though all the older not Robyn kids are older and support her. The only 2 that are younger are Truly and Savannah. Soooooo...... When Robyn left her ex, it didn't cause the same generational collateral damage for 509 years? Maybe Robyn needs to turn that onto her dear sweet husband that she adores since he is the problem, he is the one that can't decide if he loved or didn't love one of his wives and said it for the whole world and his kids to hear. I don't hear Christine saying such shitty things. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
  • Love 7

Does it feel like Kody's plan is just to sell Coyote Pass, and Janelle is so adamant about building her home on it, that he is now willing to sacrifice his marriage to her, by getting her to leave? 

I kind of feel like Kody is winning, since there is still no building on Coyote Pass, and possibly Janelle has left him. I really hope even if she left she is still insisting on building on Coyote Pass to screw with his and Robyn's plans for it. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, steff13 said:

I have an aversion to people to demand respect.  Respect is commanded, not demanded. 

Most people who demand respect don't deserve respect because respect is earned. This is especially a true of Asshat.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

I have to say I laughed out loud at Meri's confessional when she detailed how people would come up to her and ask why she wouldn't leave because Kody is such a horrible person, and instead of following it up with the expected "because he's my husband and I love him and you don't know him just because you see little things on tv" she basically said "just because he's a loser doesn't mean I am!"

Janelle was fighting those angry tears this week, but next week she is LIVID. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, Kid said:

Most people who demand respect don't deserve respect because respect is earned

Which reminds me of another ridiculous Kody Quote: "Men don't love women who don't respect them."

Edited to correct quote: he actually said “Men don’t FEEL love from women who don’t respect them.” 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Spectator said:

Both Janelle AND Meri took the profits from selling their Las Vegas homes and dumped them into Robyn’s house, seemingly leaving nothing left for either of them to buy or build their own homes? Seriously?

we need to more reaction options.  One an angry face and another a shake-my-head GIF.  

• Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

Kody is indeed dumber than dirt.  If we take a piece of land and it's divided into four plots and we divide it into five plots we increase our property value by 20%.  No Kody, you still have x acres and the property is still worth what it was per acre.  ::smh:: He does all the double talk and tries gaslighting Janelle and she just shakes her head like you lackwit.  Can you hear what you're saying?  I think she's had enough.  

• Like 15
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Kody is indeed dumber than dirt.  If we take a piece of land and it's divided into four plots and we divide it into five plots we increase our property value by 20%.  No Kody, you still have x acres and the property is still worth what it was per acre.  ::smh:: He does all the double talk and tries gaslighting Janelle and she just shakes her head like you lackwit.  Can you hear what you're saying?  I think she's had enough.  

Kotex talks just to hear himself talk.  Doesn't give a flying fig that none of it makes sense.  Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain....

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, magemaud said:
2 hours ago, Kid said:

Most people who demand respect don't deserve respect because respect is earned

Which reminds me of another ridiculous Kody Quote: "Men don't love women who don't respect them." 

Hey Kody, it works both ways. Women don't love men who don't respect them. You've never respected your wives. Maybe they stayed out of duty rather than love or respect.

• Like 5
  • Applause 6
  • Love 6

Technically speaking, as long as things are subdividable, you CAN make more profit with more lots. The problem is that they got a "deal" on the land because of all the reasons we're learning it's NOT that easily (further) subdividable. If it had been, the developer would have separated it himself/herself. 

I spent my childhood watching my parents try to buy any 5 foot strip of land on any side of their property that would have given them the acreage to permit them to subdivide their lot and make a half million dollars. No luck -- as the person they eventually sold to also found out.  

• Useful 9
  • Love 2

Why is Christine still arguing with him rather than kicking him the hell off of her property? Somebody else can come over and help her put the snow blower in the truck.

• Like 5
  • Love 8
17 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Meri, what more does Kody have to say for you to let go of his ass? This fool already said he does not consider you a wife.  He told you he doesn’t care if you go get another man.  He begged you to move your ass to Utah and tonight he basically pointed out that he only minimally deals with you for whatever money you will kick up to him and Robyn.  Lady, just go buy some Cameos from his raggedy ass if you want to hear from him.  It’s cheaper and you’d keep more of your self respect.

smh-omg.gif

I feel like Meri has given up on romantic love in this life, and is pinning all of her hopes on the super special superior heaven polygamists go to. 

• Like 5
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Twopper said:

Janelle gave her inheritance for the down payment on the Lehi house, she cashed in her retirement account to help fund the rental houses in LV, and then she gave half of the proceeds from her LV house to Robyn.  I hope Janelle has realized how much if a sucker she has been and how she only has an RV to show for it.

The late great Maya Angelou once said, “We teach people how to treat us.”  Janelle is the Queen of Concessions. “Sure Kody.”  “Whatever you say Kody.” I felt sorry for her kids.  She was always willing to settle for less.  While the other wives had a wish list of what they wanted in their Vegas home, she opted for the bare minimum.  She appeared startled when Robyn said that her assets were to go to her kids, because that kind of thinking did not occur to her.  Which is why Savannah lives in a 2bed 1bth cottage, while her mean stepsisters reside in a five-bedroom, four-bathroom home, complete with a four-car garage, a massive kitchen, an underfloor heating system, two master suites, a wine fridge, and an expansive deck.   

• Like 2
  • Sad 18
  • Applause 4
18 minutes ago, Libby said:

I think that Kody is truly floundering because Christine left. I think that he honestly believes that he worked for years to be a good polygamist husband. Maybe he did before Robyn entered the picture. We'll never know because they weren't on TV. One thing's for sure... once Robyn came in he started slowly abandoning his original wives and children. That's the part that he won't face. He abandoned three wives and thirteen children.

Once his entire original family is gone, he's going to turn around and blame Robyn. He'll never blame himself. Robyn better hold on to her hat. It's only a matter of time until Kody comes after her.

We can only HOPE that's what is down the road. For BOTH of them.

• Like 3
  • Applause 6
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, toodywoody said:

Christine leaving is causing collateral damage for generations, even though all the older not Robyn kids are older and support her.

Yep. The collateral damage is Christine's kids seeing why it's important to get out of an healthy, neglectful relationship. If that resonates throughout generations, then great.

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 9
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Spectator said:

I’m still processing the latest piece to the financial puzzle revealed this week…

I REALLY wish the conversations that led up to that happening had been aired as part of the show. I cannot imagine why Janelle and Meri would have ever agreed to that. Kody and Robyn must had used some serious voodoo magic to get them to go along with their “Robyn gets everything” plan. Robyn gets the big house, Robyn gets a nanny, Robyn gets all of Kody’s time and attention (although, who would want that?) and the others were left with zero assets and nothing from Kody??? Didn’t they realize that if they depleted all the family funds on a house they couldn’t afford, Robyn’s mansion, they wouldn’t be able to pay off the land and thus they couldn’t build anything for themselves? Did they think more money would just materialize or that “never work Kody” would suddenly step up and start supporting his family? It just seems like all of Robyn’s expenses have made the family “house poor”, which is only further evidenced by the recent loans against Robyn’s house. 

Meri is a dolt living in fantasy land so my expectations of her have always been low, but I’m quite shocked that Janelle would put herself in such a weak position. I think Christine’s departure really woke her up to how stupid and trusting she’s been. It’s so unfortunate.

On a side note, Janelle was spot on when she said she felt like Kody was using her to try to hang onto Christine’s house. Kody is all about Kody. Always. Janelle is finally starting to recognize that more and more and more.  

I understand Cody does work. He sells guns. I hate guns and so I have no respect for him.  (And I'm not talking about hunting rifles.)

34 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

We can only HOPE that's what is down the road. For BOTH of them.

IDK. I think Cody is going to start looking for younger wives. He's only satisfied when the women is giving birth.

Cody is so selfish and mean spirited. It really came to the front when he wanted to build on Coyote pass, but he wanted 5 little homes so that he could have his own place.

• Applause 1
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, GeeGolly said:
  • Christine did TLC make you ask Kody for help? Stop selling your soul.

Yep.  The whole time I kept wondering why one of the boys wasn't there, or even her and Janelle, given that from watching Kody lift it, it looked it was bulky and unwieldy but not particularly heavy.

6 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

It takes a special kind of asshole to condemn someone else to a loveless marriage while you flaunt your functional (ish) one.

... especially given that you got out of your own loveless marriage.

• Like 5
  • Love 7

Covid was always Kody's excuse to live with Robyn 100% of the time. There are vaccines, etc and no excuses for not living with the other wives (and YOUR children)...especially when Robyn's perfect household at following the rules still got Covid anyway. Amazing that Robyn comes in and gets Kody to divorce Meri and adopt her (almost adult children) and marry her.  Meri, did you really fall for this?? There have not been sister wives since that happened...only Kody and Robyn, his only wife for several years. Plus, the other wives gave up their equity so Queen Robyn can have her castle and her nanny?  Unbelievable!  Oh, and none of his other wives respect him enough to deserve his love. Funny how Cody berated Janelle's kids for not moving out as soon as they were of age but Robyn's adult kids are all still living at home.  I do have to say about this show that they are laying it all out there....no more pretense about the sister wives lifestyle (except for the friendship of Janelle and Christine!)

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7

I watched the episode. When Kody says working together, he means do what I want. When he says respect me, he means give me unconditional love and don't question me and accept whatever time I give you. Kody is a bully with a fragile ego. And Robyn is the passive "keep sweet" wife who gives in. Her kids are passive too. That's why they get all his time and attention.

Janelle needs to give up on Coyote Pass.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Kid said:

The most satisfying moment of the entire 17 seasons was that shot of Christine's truck driving down the road with Asshat looking on as she disappeared into the distance! God that felt good!!! 

The producers are nice like that.

• Like 3
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:
14 minutes ago, Kid said:

The most satisfying moment of the entire 17 seasons was that shot of Christine's truck driving down the road with Asshat looking on as she disappeared into the distance! God that felt good!!! 

The producers are nice like that.

We deserved it after putting up with Kody's increasingly incoherent and contradictory comments about his wives.

• Like 2
  • Applause 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

Kody was infuriating last night. I LOATHE this man.

He never liked Christine? If I were one of Christine’s kids and saw that, I’d be done with that man, for good. How dare you say that on national TV about the mother of 6(?) children. What an ass.

Hopefully, all of the kids feel this way, including Robyn's.  Although I doubt that because of the way Robyn spoke about her ex. 

Who wants to be with a man or support one that talks that way about the mother of six of his children?

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, altopower said:

I only wish we'd gotten a shot of him wailing, "Why God, why?" into a cloud of dust. I guess a girl can't have everything.

• LOL 23
2 hours ago, AryasMum said:

I feel like Meri has given up on romantic love in this life, and is pinning all of her hopes on the super special superior heaven polygamists go to. 

If Janelle leaves, Kody won’t get his own planet unless he brings in a replacement third wife. 

• Like 3
  • Wink 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

The casita idea is interesting but I don’t understand her need to have 3 large garages. Does she collect cars or something?  She did mention that the RV wouldn’t fit. She was practical about everything else so I wish she would’ve explained that. 
I wish she would leave Kody, buy an acre of land, build her casita, have all her plants/gardening, & live happily ever after. 

• Like 9
  • Love 9

Someone grab a kidney basin, stat! Kodo is about to lose that knifed kidney. Ah, the anguish! No one is obeying! He can't remember if he loves Christine or not!

Oh, well, let's move on to denigrating the "relationship" with Janelle. Once we've done our best to drive her into the ground, maybe we can finally figure out how to get rid of Meri, who is sure this is all Christine's fault for not wanting to play doormat.

The devil's Kodo's work is never done.

Edited by renatae
  • Like 5
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4

Dang I just deleted my recording of this. I too thought she said that Robyn had lots of problems. I don't think that I can watch the whole show again without FF. I hope someone can clear this up because I was cheering when Janelle said that Robyn had problems. It was like finally someone is calling her out. 

I am still flabbergasted that Meri and Janelle sold their Vegas homes and turned over all of the proceeds to Robyn so that she could buy a $900,000 6 bedroom house. In what universe do these women live to think that this was a smart move. So everytime Janelle bellyaches about not having a house, I scream at the TV and whose fault it that? 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I don’t think Janelle said Robyn has problems. I think she was saying she had problems with Robyn. 

Agreed.  She was speaking about her relationships with her sister wives.  Meri and her had tried to work on theirs for years, Christine and her were true sister wives to each other, and Robin had lots of problems. But she meant she and Robin’s relationship  had lots of issues.   

• Like 9
5 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Agreed.  She was speaking about her relationships with her sister wives.  Meri and her had tried to work on theirs for years, Christine and her were true sister wives to each other, and Robin had lots of problems. But she meant she and Robin’s relationship  had lots of issues.   

Exactly.

"Christine was always the heart of that relationship for me. I've struggled with Meri and we've worked for a lot of years to try to figure ourselves out. And Robyn, there's a lot of problems. And Christine truly is, in my head, the definition of a sister wife."

• Like 13
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
23 hours ago, zamp33 said:

Robyn said that Christine leaving has caused collateral damage that will last generations to come - any idea what that damage is and how it will impact successive generations?

Perhaps it means that Aurora's granddaughter, having been denied the money due her by Truely's grandkids, will be forced to use the same eyebrow stencil as her great-grandma Robyn, causing the sperm toothbrush eyebrows to plague the family for generations to come.

21 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

So wait...

The Browns own Robyn's mansion (I use the term "own" loosely here since they owe a fortune on it) AND two adjacent lots? Problem solved. Build a house for Meri on one lot and a casita for Janelle on the other and sell CP. Done.

I'm sure neither Kody nor Robyn wants them that nearby but it seems like a perfect solution if they were really interested in problem solving this mess.

Khaos Kody has zero interest in solving any problems, only in creating them.  He literally talks out of both ends and then flounces off, leaving his various wives to try and make sense of what is happening.  Sadly, it's taken this long for Christine, and now perhaps Janelle, to decide to no longer live a life controlled by the whims of a Ramen-headed caveman.  Better late than never.

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Janelle needs to show up and squat big time, large and in charge and claim her part of the mansion.

I adore this idea so much, I can't even tell you.  And the visual this particular sentence gave me had me snort-laughing.  I can see Janelle plopping herself down on Robyn's pleather couch, dirty feet propped up on the ottoman, chugging Plexus and eating a bowlful of canned cabbage while Kody and Robyn look on nervously, waiting for the inevitable dash to Robyn's pretty, dainty, Willow Tree decorated bathroom....

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 5
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

The casita idea is interesting but I don’t understand her need to have 3 large garages. Does she collect cars or something?  She did mention that the RV wouldn’t fit. She was practical about everything else so I wish she would’ve explained that. 
I wish she would leave Kody, buy an acre of land, build her casita, have all her plants/gardening, & live happily ever after. 

Hers, Savanah's and a visitor?

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, RedDelicious said:

But the question remains, if Kody takes a knife to the kidneys at Coyote Pass, and no one is there to hear him wail about the SACRIFICES he’s MADE, will it snow enough the following season to necessitate Christine’s snowblower? 🥗 

I hope not, because otherwise he'll insist that Truely has to come for visitation then and there.  You know...so she can shovel.  That way it will be all Christine's fault.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Claire Voyant said:

I hope not, because otherwise he'll insist that Truely has to come for visitation then and there.  You know...so she can shovel.  That way it will be all Christine's fault.  

Sadly, I can envision this very scenario playing out.

Janelle's tears in this episode were something to behold.  She's gotten emotional on the show in the past but nothing on the level of the tears she shed when she realized that with Christine leaving, a book is closing - and I think she was realizing at that moment how much more miserable her life was going to become minus Christine.

I hope the producers are having as much fun with season as I am watching it, because I am loving the jarring Meri couch sightings - we get a deep, emotional segment of Christine discussing leaving, or Janelle handing us some piping hot tea about her relationship with Robyn, and then we suddenly get Meri's orange sad frowny face and whiny wishy-washy voice - "Yeah, ya know....people always ask me about why I stay?  Ya know?  And I'm like, well...ya know, I have value so I stay because, ya know, my value isn't tied to anyone else, ya know."  It's a juxtaposition between the emotional and the banal and I love it.

Great recap, @the-grey-lady!  You know 80% of the crap Kody is spewing this season came from his incel friends over at BoysRule GirlsDrool.com or whatever scary, misogynistic site he's getting his misguided information from.  If I were Robyn, I'd handle Kody like the delicate porcelain vase that he is - he's eventually going to have to turn his views on the occupants of the mansion once he's driven away all his lesser wives and children.  I hope she knows that, and I hope it keeps her up at night (along with Ari, swinging from the chandeliers).

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5