Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E12: Life After Polygamy

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

rewatched/finished this morning.  Two thoughts.  Kody is the type of "discusser" that I hate.  When things don't go his way he walks away.  That's so infantile and infuriating.  Second, Truely is wearing an autism t-shirt.  I know it doesn't indicate a darn thing, but there has been some speculation.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 9
11 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

The casita idea is interesting but I don’t understand her need to have 3 large garages. Does she collect cars or something?  She did mention that the RV wouldn’t fit. She was practical about everything else so I wish she would’ve explained that. 
I wish she would leave Kody, buy an acre of land, build her casita, have all her plants/gardening, & live happily ever after. 

Did she say that this is a 2 bedroom, one bathroom casita? So if Maddie comes to visit I guess she has to stay somehwere else. This is the estate that she keeps bringing up?  Building something like this is about as dumb as wasting the $50,000 on the RV. If she is going to build why not just build a regular house with at  3 bedrooms and 2 baths.  

• Like 4
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Did she say that this is a 2 bedroom, one bathroom casita? So if Maddie comes to visit I guess she has to stay somehwere else. This is the estate that she keeps bringing up?  Building something like this is about as dumb as wasting the $50,000 on the RV. If she is going to build why not just build a regular house with at  3 bedrooms and 2 baths.  

which can still easily fit within the 1200 square feet with a large center gathering area.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, MamaGee said:

It's his dumb ass gloves that always get me!!

Like he’s some kind of surgeon who has to protect his hands. 

11 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

The casita idea is interesting but I don’t understand her need to have 3 large garages

I don’t consider it a “casita,” it’s a two bedroom garage apartment which might not even be allowed by their local zoning laws without there also being a house on the property. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Alright, I just got to watch, so I truly apologize if anything I say has already been said. 

First, did anyone notice how Meri and Robyn mirror each other's talking points in the TH segments? Although, Robyn did neglect to mention how the family "worked together" to pay for her mansion. Almost everything they say is a slightly paraphrased version of the other person. Almost like they're planning it...

Janelle talking about how it's a bureaucracy and they vote on stuff should tell her that she needs to get out. Now that ol' Christy has skipped town, every vote is going to be 3-1. I'm not sure how that worked when things were 3-2 on every vote, but she's never going to have the votes to overthrow our lord and savior Kody Brown, the Good Wife, and the catfish ho who thinks she can get him back. 

Savannah looked like she could have ripped Kody's hair out when he was berating Janelle about buying the house. Obviously, there's gonna be another grown kid who wants nothing to do with Captain Asshole. 

That's all off the top of my head. I'm sure I'll think of something else the curly-headed douche nozzle did that pissed me off later. 

EDIT: Already thought of something.

This loser stomping his feet and pounding his fists about demanding respect is the exact reason that no one with an IQ higher than dog shit will ever respect him. You don't get respect by yelling about being disrespected. You get it by not treating people like shit. 

Edited by JayDub1987
  • Like 5
  • Love 13

I don’t understand her need to have 3 large garages. Does she collect cars or something?  She did mention that the RV wouldn’t fit.

Janelle's SUV, Savannah's car, Kody's giant pickup? 

I wondered about the RV too. Assuming the zoning allows it, why not build a place big enough to store it and save on storage fees? Unless she is planning to sell it after she no longer needs to live in it?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

I'm leaning toward time and money in regard to Janelle's house. Garages are cheaper and quicker to build than interior rooms. Also, one, two or all three of them could be turned into rooms at a later date.

And one more thing - It possible Janelle knows her kids aren't likely to visit that often. It's much easier for Janelle to visit Maddie than it is for Maddie to visit Janelle. The same will be true as her other kids grow their families. And it seems 2 of her 6 are settling in Flagstaff.

And... they can always stay in the RV somewhere nearby. 😁

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Like he’s some kind of surgeon who has to protect his hands. 

I don’t consider it a “casita,” it’s a two bedroom garage apartment which might not even be allowed by their local zoning laws without there also being a house on the property. 

It isn't a casita because there is no house built on the property. A casita is a Spanish word for a separate guest house. It is a garage apartment. I don't know why she doesn't call it this. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

1 for the love of cheddar someone take his word of the day calendar away

2. He was fussing janelle hadn’t talked to meri or Robyn about paying off kootie pass.  He doesn’t even talk to meri so how would he know ?  And why would she talk to robyn who has no way to pay off anything 

3 i hate him 

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

Janelle needs to separate herself financially and physically from all that is Kodouche and his sobynette.  She needs to start taking care of herself physically and emotionally.  She could go back to Utah or move near her kids.  I think the kids thing is a better plan because I really think that Janelle and Christine have only a mutual dislike of Dodouche and his sobynette in common.  I pray that seeing Christine ride off into the sunset and the talking to that Kotex is about to give her seal her fate and push her into decision mode.

• Like 5
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I believe Kody did less than the bare minimum to provide a loving relationship with three of his wives while going above and beyond for one.  Christine REPEATEDLY told him that she was unhappy and felt neglected. Then after many years of this behavior, he claimed that she suddenly, out of the blue, left him.  Now, he wants to blame others for the emotional distress that he brought upon himself.  He feels betrayed by everyone else, which is rich, because he is the one who did the betraying.

Yep.  I am watching from the beginning again and she was very upfront from the beginning of the show she needed more.  Her eyes were so sad. What I want to know is why was Christine given such a hard time for how she treated Robyn when Janelle was even colder and less engaged with her?  Truley looked like she had really grown up in one of the TH's.  There is no familiarity between Kody and Truley.  The goodbye hug was something.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
31 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

It isn't a casita because there is no house built on the property. A casita is a Spanish word for a separate guest house. It is a garage apartment. I don't know why she doesn't call it this. 

I guess "casita" sounds a lot cooler! 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 2
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 3
7 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

What I want to know is why was Christine given such a hard time for how she treated Robyn when Janelle was even colder and less engaged with her? 

I have been asking this very same question.  When Kody and Robyn were on their honeymoon, Janelle refused to take his calls, and no one said anything.  When Robyn announced that she was pregnant with Sol, Christine was the first to jump up and give her a hug; Janelle just stood there and rolled her eyes.  If Christine didn't bend over backwards to be nice to Robyn or kiss her ass sufficiently, she would hear it from Kody.  Janelle hardly acknowledges Robyn and has made it perfectly clear that she wants as little to do with her as possible. And yet, Kody has never said one word to her about it.  I can't help but wonder why the double standard.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 6
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, dariafan said:

1 for the love of cheddar someone take his word of the day calendar away

I forgot the word but I remember laughing about him using it incorrectly.

Didn't he also say "Where there's a way there's a will?"  He's soooo deep.  We just don't understand his brilliance.🙄

• Like 2
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Great recap, @the-grey-lady!  You know 80% of the crap Kody is spewing this season came from his incel friends over at BoysRule GirlsDrool.com or whatever scary, misogynistic site he's getting his misguided information from. 

Thank you so much!

And so much of his recent vitriol reeks of men's rights nonsense. It's gross.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

IIRC, I thought I remembered Janelle mentioning in an earlier episode this season that her plan was to build a garage on her property first, then when she has more funds, she would build an actual house. So eventually, it will be a casita... sort of?

Does anyone else remember her talking about this plan, or am I making it all up (a la KoDouche and Sobyn)?

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
7 minutes ago, juicyfruit said:

IIRC, I thought I remembered Janelle mentioning in an earlier episode this season that her plan was to build a garage on her property first, then when she has more funds, she would build an actual house. So eventually, it will be a casita... sort of?

Does anyone else remember her talking about this plan, or am I making it all up (a la KoDouche and Sobyn)?

I think the use of the word is what is in question. Without a house first, casita isn’t being used correctly. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, juicyfruit said:

Yes, I remember this. In that area they may be allowed to build a garage apartment first to live in on site while a house is being built. However a full site plan may have to be in the building permit with both garage and house. This episode she made it seem as though she ONLY wants to build the garage apartment.

WHY a heavy set woman in her 50's wants her living space a full set of stairs above a garage...I have no clue.

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1

Oh! I thought of something else that has been annoying me. 

I propose a new drinking game. Everytime Christine or one of her kids uses the phrase "new adventure," you take a shot. By the time you're 30 minutes into the episode, you'll be puking over something other than Kody's ramblings from the manosphere. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

WHY a heavy set woman in her 50's wants her living space a full set of stairs above a garage...I have no clue.

Oh that's so true. I think Janelle loves living frugally and she'd be so down with the tiny house trend if she didn't have kids and grandkids. 

Me, I'm all about retiring in a high-rise with an elevator or a ranch style senior living house. And I have 20 years to go before I get there!

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

Yes, I remember this. In that area they may be allowed to build a garage apartment first to live in on site while a house is being built. However a full site plan may have to be in the building permit with both garage and house. This episode she made it seem as though she ONLY wants to build the garage apartment.

Climbing stairs is a good form of exercise, as long as one doesn't have issues with bones or joints.  I would advocate for more of us using stairs, whether we are 5 or 50, heavy set or slight.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Kody didn't have to threaten Janelle with withholding affection from her if she continued to treat Robyn badly because he had been withholding it from her for years. And rather than bitching to Kody about time and attention, she used global terms like feeling lonely, worried about the family culture, etc.

The only threat Kody has left is threatening to push Janelle out. And here we are.

• Like 4
  • Sad 6
  • Love 2

Two things:

Janelle cried! I can’t remember her ever doing that. She’s so stoic. I love that she’s not bowing down to Kody. 

Where did Christine stay the night Truely stayed in the RV? In her empty house?

Also, I just finally started watching Big Love and oh my heck!

• Like 4
  • Love 2
On 11/28/2022 at 1:40 PM, Spectator said:

Both Janelle AND Meri took the profits from selling their Las Vegas homes and dumped them into Robyn’s house, seemingly leaving nothing left for either of them to buy or build their own homes? Seriously?

Imagine that.  And their husband had the unmitigated gall to scream to the world that Robyn always had to "settle for scraps." 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 9
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

I love to watch a shit show....but now I'm thinking maybe it's time for Robyn and Ramen Head (yes I stole that name from someone on here because I love it☺️),  time for them to just ride off into the sunset and be gone.    Good rid.       This farce of a "spiritual marriage" to 3 women is getting stupid.     Meri and Janelle aren't even in a relationship with Kodouche.   Like isn't polygamy supposed to be a family all living together under one roof?   It started going downhill when all the wives wanted their own mansions separate from each other.   At that point,  isn't he  just dating multiple women?    But what do I know? 🤷

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

This show is quickly outgrowing its welcome, if it ever had one.  If Janelle gets pissed enough, we may see her finally saying "when."

The only remaining wife Kootie has to get rid of, is a barnacle that ain't gonna go away until TLC pulls the curtain.

To hear that Janelle and Meri gave the profit they made from their LV houses to buy Sobyn's overpriced house was truly appalling.  

Janelle, you're never going to build on Praire Dog Poop Flats.  Who's going to pull the utilities, and pay many thousands for that?  Not Kootie and Sobyn, that's for sure.

• Like 6
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, TeeMo said:

Janelle and Christine now look like true friends who are able to support and care for each other

They have exactly the relationship Kody has always claimed he wanted for his wives—and they've excised him right on out of it.

Glorious.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 11
21 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

The casita idea is interesting but I don’t understand her need to have 3 large garages. Does she collect cars or something?  She did mention that the RV wouldn’t fit. She was practical about everything else so I wish she would’ve explained that.

My guess is that a two car garage with an indoor room in place of the third garage bay would have meant two-zone heating and cooling, thus more $$. With all the living space on one floor she'll save on that. I also suspect she'd prefer not to have a laundry room on a lower level or to deal with stairs at all except for coming and going.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2

In the final episode I really want them to answer how Kody talked them into giving up their money for Queen Sobynette (I love this nickname for her!). 

I want to know if Kody mentioned “the family,” tender-aged children, or being a good sister wife during his spiel. 

• Like 6
  • Love 3

From what they have all said, the way the profits from the Vegas homes were dispersed had more to do with timing than anything else. I believe Robyn's house sold first and Christine bought first, so Robyn's money went toward Christine's house. Then by the time God told Robyn he wasn't going to find her a rental, Meri's and Janelle's houses sold, so Robyn used their money. Janelle and Meri were just waiting to build on CP and I'm guessing they believed it would all even out in the end.

And maybe that was what was supposed to happen - even out in the end. But at this point it seems Meri and Janelle got the short end of the stick.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I think she wants a garage (I don't blame her) and she said it's cheaper to build above the garage than next to it. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I think she wants a garage (I don't blame her) and she said it's cheaper to build above the garage than next to it. 

Again, that all depends on zoning laws.  I live in a rural area but on a lake and our township laws require at least 1200 square feet in any new build.  And living quarters above a garage are not allowed. 

These morons seem to think "it's my land so I can do whatever I want" but that's not the way it usually plays out.  Flag is so upscale that I'm sure they are pretty strict about things.  I wouldn't think the neighbors would appreciate overlooking a tiny house from their million dollar homes.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

From what they have all said, the way the profits from the Vegas homes were dispersed had more to do with timing than anything else. I believe Robyn's house sold first and Christine bought first, so Robyn's money went toward Christine's house. Then by the time God told Robyn he wasn't going to find her a rental, Meri's and Janelle's houses sold, so Robyn used their money. Janelle and Meri were just waiting to build on CP and I'm guessing they believed it would all even out in the end.

And maybe that was what was supposed to happen - even out in the end. But at this point it seems Meri and Janelle got the short end of the stick.

Well Christine's LV house sold after Robyn moved into her mansion correct? So where did that money go? I just recently rewatched a few episodes before covid. Kody was completely checked out regarding Coyote Pass even then. In his talking heads, "I'm stalling. I'm checked out. I'm done. I'm fed up.  I just want to sell it..."  Janelle should have watched the show before buying an RV /s.

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Regarding Kody and Robyn and their treatment of the Big Three - what is their end goal, I wonder?  It's clear that Kody is done with polygamy and only wants Robyn, and he's doing his best to gaslight the OG 3 out of his life.  Christine is out, I hope Janelle is close behind, and Meri is hanging on like a dingleberry.  But Kody and Robyn have to know that if it's down to the two of them, the show is over and with it, the money.  When Kody and Robyn are banana-curling each other's hair every day, I wonder if they discuss their situation - is it better to be done with the show and ride off into the sunset together?  Do they think the show will go on with just the two of them?  Are they in secret negotiations with the other three to make sure they continue to film, even though their leaving makes Kody and Robyn look like sociopaths, just so the money keeps rolling in?  

Kody seems to have promised his favorite wife a lifestyle above and beyond what he can afford, and he's using the show to partially fund it (since Robyn is apparently too pretty to cook OR get a job).  But he's pushing away the women who allowed him to get a show in the first place.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Again, that all depends on zoning laws.  I live in a rural area but on a lake and our township laws require at least 1200 square feet in any new build.  And living quarters above a garage are not allowed. 

These morons seem to think "it's my land so I can do whatever I want" but that's not the way it usually plays out.  Flag is so upscale that I'm sure they are pretty strict about things.  I wouldn't think the neighbors would appreciate overlooking a tiny house from their million dollar homes.

You can't have living space above the garage? Most two-story homes utilize the garage roofline to add living space. I have a ranch with a loft above the garage. My old house had my master bedroom above the garage and that was a suburban box mansion. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
7 minutes ago, Mother of Odin said:

You can't have living space above the garage?

Not if it's just a garage on the property in my township, there has to be a house there as well.  Garages are considered "out buildings" where I live.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I like the fact that Janelle wants a smaller house, unlike Meri who is currently renting a mansion. Janelle doesn’t want much, just a small house that’s HERS. That’s it. 

• Like 5
  • Love 9

Kody’s brilliant idea to buy Christine’s house I am confident was rooted in figuring out a way to screw her over. Like, wait until the agent contract runs out, purchase as for sale by owner for less than original asking, fail to pony up, then claim squatters rights. ETA: Also because in Kody's mind it's family money since they're not 'divorced' unless he says they're 'divorced'. (see Brown, Meri and Church, to which they no longer belong)

I know it doesn’t work that way and I know (hope) Christine would never fall for any further plan of Kody’s, but this is Kody’s ramen brain we’re talking about, and he’s stupid enough to think he could make it happen. His only goal in that scenario is screwing Christine and making Janelle get rid of her RV because it represents her independence.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
22 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

Alright, I just got to watch, so I truly apologize if anything I say has already been said. 

First, did anyone notice how Meri and Robyn mirror each other's talking points in the TH segments? Although, Robyn did neglect to mention how the family "worked together" to pay for her mansion. Almost everything they say is a slightly paraphrased version of the other person. Almost like they're planning it...

Janelle talking about how it's a bureaucracy and they vote on stuff should tell her that she needs to get out. Now that ol' Christy has skipped town, every vote is going to be 3-1. I'm not sure how that worked when things were 3-2 on every vote, but she's never going to have the votes to overthrow our lord and savior Kody Brown, the Good Wife, and the catfish ho who thinks she can get him back. 

Savannah looked like she could have ripped Kody's hair out when he was berating Janelle about buying the house. Obviously, there's gonna be another grown kid who wants nothing to do with Captain Asshole. 

That's all off the top of my head. I'm sure I'll think of something else the curly-headed douche nozzle did that pissed me off later. 

EDIT: Already thought of something.

This loser stomping his feet and pounding his fists about demanding respect is the exact reason that no one with an IQ higher than dog shit will ever respect him. You don't get respect by yelling about being disrespected. You get it by not treating people like shit. 

But she did manage to say how "they" gave money to Christine to buy her house. I was seething!

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I like the fact that Janelle wants a smaller house, unlike Meri who is currently renting a mansion. Janelle doesn’t want much, just a small house that’s HERS. That’s it. 

But that doesn't jibe with Janelle wanting an "estate" to leave to her children. Real estate will appreciate far faster than any low risk investments. I'm really starting to think Janelle is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Two things:

Janelle cried! I can’t remember her ever doing that. She’s so stoic. I love that she’s not bowing down to Kody. 

Where did Christine stay the night Truely stayed in the RV? In her empty house?

Where are you watching this?  I would like to rewatch it.

Well Christine's LV house sold after Robyn moved into her mansion correct? So where did that money go? 

Maybe Christine used that money to pay for her AZ house? Even if she was already in, maybe she used it for mortgage payments?

But that doesn't jibe with Janelle wanting an "estate" to leave to her children.

I appreciate the sentiment but with what - five or six kids, if she divides it equally among them, there wouldn't be much per kid. I guess something is better than nothing but I'm betting most, if not all, of her children would tell her to stop worrying about that and just be happy and financially free of Kidney.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

For Christmas 2016, my kids gave me the DVR set.  Best gift ever.  I am an Episcopalian, New Yorker, however, I am convinced that I was Mormon in another life.  Which would also explain my undying love for Donny Osmond.

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

But that doesn't jibe with Janelle wanting an "estate" to leave to her children. Real estate will appreciate far faster than any low risk investments. I'm really starting to think Janelle is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Clearly, Janelle isn't thinking about her children.  When Robyn told them that her assets were go to her children, she seemed startled.  I thought Janelle was the smart one, but now I am having second thoughts.  It bothers me that Robyn, who has never contributed financially, is living in a big mansion on a hill, while Janelle who has given her all has nothing to show. Heck, Christine, "the basement wife" was smart enough to get a house out of the deal.  

• Like 11
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

For Christmas 2016, my kids gave me the DVR set.  Best gift ever.  I am an Episcopalian, New Yorker, however, I am convinced that I was Mormon in another life.  Which would also explain my undying love for Donny Osmond.

Clearly, Janelle isn't thinking about her children.  When Robyn told them that her assets were go to her children, she seemed startled.  I thought Janelle was the smart one, but now I am having second thoughts.  It bothers me that Robyn, who has never contributed financially, is living in a big mansion on a hill, while Janelle who has given her all has nothing to show. Heck, Christine, "the basement wife" was smart enough to get a house out of the deal.  

My sister had a friend in school who was so in love with him she convinced her mom to move to Provo.  My cousin looked exactly like Marie.  She lived in Utah and when she met the Osmond brothers, they said wow, you look just like our sister!

I think everyone trusted Kody to do right by them.  He probably would have if Robyn never came into the picture.  Now her spawn gets everyone's retirement.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 3