Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E12: Life After Polygamy

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

When Robyn told them that her assets were go to her children

What assets?  Tubs of old, unsold MSWC joo'ry?  Boxes of Precious Moments gee gaws? 

I think the spawn are going to be disappointed with the promised fortune.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, suev3333 said:

At that point,  isn't he  just dating multiple women?    But what do I know? 🤷

My grandson was talking about the TV shows I watch and we touched on Sister Wives.  After explaining the spiritual marriage, he, at age 10, said really, everyone knows that's just a guy with a bunch of girl friends.  So no Kody you can't even fool the children.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2
On 11/29/2022 at 1:23 PM, Adeejay said:

I have been asking this very same question.  When Kody and Robyn were on their honeymoon, Janelle refused to take his calls, and no one said anything.  When Robyn announced that she was pregnant with Sol, Christine was the first to jump up and give her a hug; Janelle just stood there and rolled her eyes.  If Christine didn't bend over backwards to be nice to Robyn or kiss her ass sufficiently, she would hear it from Kody.  Janelle hardly acknowledges Robyn and has made it perfectly clear that she wants as little to do with her as possible. And yet, Kody has never said one word to her about it.  I can't help but wonder why the double standard.  

A few guesses:

Janelle was the main money earner and overall contributor to family finances if you count her actual, real world job complete with benefits/retirement that she cashed out and an inheritance turned over to them as well.

She made little to no demands for time, attention, or resources, and pardon the assumption which seems to be confirmed by next week's preview, probably minimal sexual demands.

And on top of that, 4 of her 6 kids were sons.

They likely were so grateful that she came back after her previous escape that the agreement was to leave her alone, and they did. After all, she was the only one of them likely to go get and keep a real job at a future date. 

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

What assets?  Tubs of old, unsold MSWC joo'ry?  Boxes of Precious Moments gee gaws? 

I think the spawn are going to be disappointed with the promised fortune.

Robyn means the million-dollar mansion and CP.  Let's not forget her name is on every single parcel of land.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1

I find it rich hearing Sobyn talking about leaving "her assets" to her children. A woman who only brought debt, and has never worked (show income aside) since joining the Browns. She is, what, in her 40's?  She could easily live another 40 years, and I pray people will stop watching this show so TLC pulls it at some point before then.

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Robyn means the million-dollar mansion and CP.  Let's not forget her name is on every single parcel of land.

Wow, if Robyn and/ or Kody’s name is on all of the parcels, Janelle can’t build without their approval even if she has the money. As I have said before, if Kody dies, do all of the parcels in his name go to Robyn?
I really think Kody is trying to think of ways to scam Janelle out of her rightful share of CP. Kody creates confusion and says “think creatively, keep an open mind,” in order to manipulate situations to his (and Robyn’s) advantage.

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 11/28/2022 at 8:15 PM, Kid said:

The most satisfying moment of the entire 17 seasons was that shot of Christine's truck driving down the road with Asshat looking on as she disappeared into the distance! God that felt good!!! 

After 17 long seasons, we finally get the money shot!! I'm ready for 2 cigs and I don't even smoke.  

How is that Robyn got the proceeds of Janelle and Meri's LV home sales, but Kody declared a season or 2 ago that Robyn always gets the scraps! Gimme some of them scraps please. Mommy needs a new home too!

Oh Robyn, Christine leaving has caused collateral damage that will last generations to come?  This is Robyn's Chernobyl.   

Translation: she may not be able to afford the nanny anymore and be forced to raise her own tender aged kids and get up before noon.  Cut down on figurine purchases? Or horror of horrors? Gasp - get a job.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

But that doesn't jibe with Janelle wanting an "estate" to leave to her children. Real estate will appreciate far faster than any low risk investments.

Estate usually is more than real estate, and often doesn't include land at all. My father's estate was divided among the children as per his will. The estate included the house and its contents but also other assets including investments and jewelry. Christine can't leave one house and contents to six children unless it's sold and proceeds distributed per her will.

And now I'm wondering what their wills say, and hoping Christine changed hers to make sure Kody gets nothing.

• Like 3
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, altopower said:

Estate usually is more than real estate, and often doesn't include land at all. My father's estate was divided among the children as per his will. The estate included the house and its contents but also other assets including investments and jewelry. Christine can't leave one house and contents to six children unless it's sold and proceeds distributed per her will.

And now I'm wondering what their wills say, and hoping Christine changed hers to make sure Kody gets nothing.

Yes, I know what estate means, I just find it amusing Janelle chooses to use the word over and over again. Also I'm one of 4 kids who lost both parents, so I've been through sharing and dividing our parents assets.

Right now, Janelle who is over 50, appears to having nothing. She keeps talking about having money or assets to leave her kids. Buying a home is her best bet at this point to be able to leave her kids much, or anything at all.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Starcasm did an in depth look at the CP property and whose name is on what. Robyn's name is on 52.2 percent of the parcels.  Janelle and Christine are on about 17% of the properties, they each have one slice. I forget what Meri's was. Kody's name is on all of them. So in  addition to the mansion, Robyn has, with Kody, 52.2% of the land on CP in her name and so a majority.  Kody and Robyn have been cutting the other wives out for years.

As for Ari and the pacifier, it makes sense.  There is a video not shown on the show of Kody and Robyn talking and laughing about Ari starting school. It's horrible. Apparently those two assholes have arranged it for years for Ari to sleep until noon so they can (they say) have some time without having to deal with her. But now that she is starting kindergarten they are having a hard time getting her up early for school and they think it's funny.  These two terrible parents have had months to acclimate Ari to an earlier bedtime/wake time so that it would not be so hard on her but they didn't do it, they just sprung it on her cold turkey because they liked their mornings to themselves.  I can't even. I imagine Ari is a difficult child, probably ADD or some variant of this, but really. Such poor parents. So it makes perfect sense for them to allow her to keep a pacifier at five years old because that's easier for them. Shuts her up, right?  I hate these people.

• Like 10
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 7
  • Applause 5
5 hours ago, Granny58 said:

and this is why I think Meri hangs in there.  

But she’s BORING. The sulks, the scowls — all pretty much how she’s been for the last 8 years or so. All talk, no walk. Yawn. 🥱 

I won’t be watching Meri bow down to queen Robyn if that’s all that’s left. I would, however, watch a season of Janelle leaving and then a season of Meri leaving (if reality leaks in through the thick layer of denial surrounding her brain). Then I’d watch a spin-off of Janelle and Christine being great friends as Meri, feeling left out, tries desperately to get attention by posting more and more filtered photos of herself being “happy”. 

I’m glad Meri’s hypocrisy is exposed and written all over her angry, pouty, jealous face. I’m also glad she’s gotten less screen time. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, altopower said:

They don't have basic medical insurance, I can't imagine them being forward-thinking enough to have wills.  And what lawyer would be willing to take on that hot mess of relationships to divvy things up?  Not that they will have anything after the TLC gig is over.  Just another endless round of bankruptcies.  Those VS jammies aren't cheap.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Estate usually is more than real estate,

Except in Janelle's case, what else is there? A used claddagh ring, an SUV with bald tires and an RV that won't level. Once the debts are paid, there's probably not much there. 

Apparently those two assholes have arranged it for years for Ari to sleep until noon so they can (they say) have some time without having to deal with her.

They could have put her to bed at 8 and had their evenings to themselves but I guess they aren't early risers...

• Like 9
  • Wink 1
  • Love 6

What in the name of all that is holy is that devision of property supposed to be?  Is Janelle supposed to leap over the piece between her two sections?  Build a bridge?  Who in the hell came up with that lame brained plan?

Wait, it's a typical Brown Clown clusterfuck.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

From what they have all said, the way the profits from the Vegas homes were dispersed had more to do with timing than anything else. I believe Robyn's house sold first and Christine bought first, so Robyn's money went toward Christine's house. Then by the time God told Robyn he wasn't going to find her a rental, Meri's and Janelle's houses sold, so Robyn used their money. Janelle and Meri were just waiting to build on CP and I'm guessing they believed it would all even out in the end.

And maybe that was what was supposed to happen - even out in the end. But at this point it seems Meri and Janelle got the short end of the stick.

20 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Well Christine's LV house sold after Robyn moved into her mansion correct? So where did that money go? I just recently rewatched a few episodes before covid. Kody was completely checked out regarding Coyote Pass even then. In his talking heads, "I'm stalling. I'm checked out. I'm done. I'm fed up.  I just want to sell it..."  Janelle should have watched the show before buying an RV /s.

The timings are a bit different because Christine bought her Flagstaff house when they first moved in August 2018, and Kody said that "me and Robyn" gave her the money, but Janelle later confirmed that the money actually came from the family account. Christine put her Vegas house up in July 2018 and was the first on the market but the last to sell. So she had 14 months or so of upkeep of the financing and bills in Vegas as well as living expenses in Flagstaff AND she mentioned in a live sale back then that she was still paying on Truely's hospital bill from her kidneys shut down.

Janelle's house went up next a few months later, but Robyn and Meri's houses in Vegas didn't go on the market until early 2019 and Robyn's sold in just weeks with the other two shortly after. So as mentioned in the timing Robyn, Janelle and Meri put their money from the proceeds into Robyn's house "on the hill" in the summer of 2019. I don't know how the taxes worked because unless Janelle and Meri purchased houses with their proceeds, they would have to pay taxes on that. Unless there is some work around because the money went to a house, but I don't believe Robyn's house has any other names attached to it besides Kody.

Just like so many others have said over the years, their finances just boggle my mind...

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Adeejay said:

True but CP  and the "mansion" have to be PAID OFF before she can leave these properties to her kids.  Hopefully, that won't be happening with any MORE of Janelle's $$$.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

image.png.45c3a0d22477b09c599e383dc0532e3c.png

I am really surprised that the land cost is so affordable.  From the way they go on about having to get it paid off I expected it to be 3 times that price.  Robyn's house alone would have paid it all.   These people are awful with money.  

• Like 9
  • Love 4

Robyn's house alone would have paid it all. 

Yes, but they didn't buy Robyn's house outright. They put down a downpayment (I'm guessing a small one, like 3 percent) and have been making mortgage payments. I've read that they have at least one additional mortgage on it beyond the first one so they have little to no equity in the house anyway.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 6
15 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Good heavens, these people....I find myself studying this image like I'm preparing for a test and I still don't get it.

From left to right - Kody and Robyn's giant plot of land...based on this, Robyn - the original lowly scrap-getter...gets Janelle's pond and Meri's trees?  Seems about right.

Whose plot of land is supposed to belong to Kody, Janelle and Meri?  I assume Meri, but again - no trees.  But it's the second biggest plot so it makes sense that it belongs to Meri, who lives alone (Brown Family Logic™).

The Kody and Robyn cute lil' plot - that must be for Kody's private house that he wanted to build to get the hell away from the chaos of the annoying family he created...the house with the ginormous gathering area for when all the kids he hasn't permanently run off wander back to sit at his knee and listen to his tales of polygamy persecution and woe.

And Janelle's plot is as far away from the pond as she could be - how's she going to cross everyone else's plots of land to haul water from Plague Pond for her grow house greenhouse without getting a round of buckshot to the ass from the window of Meri's turret?

Fascinating, these people.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 16

I'm guessing now that Janelle knows what hauling water is like, she will now have no use for the drainage ditch water for her garden.

I would love for Janelle to grow weed. It'd be a sure fire way to keep Robyn and her kids away. 😁

• Like 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I remember when they purchased CP, they talked about having a place to leave to their children.  Just because Christine left Kody, the children are still there.  Any decent dad would have kept the lot for the offspring.  This illustration is showing us just how much Kody doesn't think of his family- pure narcissist.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I don't remember them talking about leaving it to their kids so much as how much the adult kids would want to "come back" there. To a place they never lived or went to school except a couple who spent the last year or two forced to start over and lose their previous lives in LV.

I think the adult kids absolutely would have gone back to the cul de sac to visit - Flagstaff?  Why?

• Like 6
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Adiba said:

I really think Kody is trying to think of ways to scam Janelle out of her rightful share of CP. Kody creates confusion and says “think creatively, keep an open mind,” in order to manipulate situations to his (and Robyn’s) advantage.

He doesn’t even seem to be attempting to hide anymore that he needs Janelle’s credit and income to finance Robyns throne. And that’s all he wants her for. $$$.

• Like 10
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
On 11/30/2022 at 10:50 AM, GeeGolly said:

But that doesn't jibe with Janelle wanting an "estate" to leave to her children. Real estate will appreciate far faster than any low risk investments. I'm really starting to think Janelle is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Exactly! Janelle has 6 children and she wants to leave a small garage apartment as her estate? I have been thinking for most of this season that Janelle is not very smart or either she is so stubborn and determined to have her way that she makes foolish financial mistakes like spending $50,000 or whatever on a. useless RV that she can't handle by herself. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I haven't read all the posts, but re the estate and wills.

I think unless something is specified, since Robin is the wife to Cody, if he passes first, she would get his "estate" automatically. If she passes next, then her kids would get her estate.

Unless Christine and Janelle and Meri  have specified ( and clearly too) in their wills, I do believe they are SOL on anything they are not explicitly titled with

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

I haven't read all the posts, but re the estate and wills.

I think unless something is specified, since Robin is the wife to Cody, if he passes first, she would get his "estate" automatically. If she passes next, then her kids would get her estate.

Unless Christine and Janelle and Meri  have specified ( and clearly too) in their wills, I do believe they are SOL on anything they are not explicitly titled with

Fortunately for the OG3 Kody's debt to asset ratio doesn't appear to be leaning the right right way.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Fortunately for the OG3 Kody's debt to asset ratio doesn't appear to be leaning the right right way.

Two years ago, Soapdirt did a deep dive into the Brown's finances.  It stated that Kody's net worth is between $800,000 to $1,000,000.  

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2
4 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Two years ago, Soapdirt did a deep dive into the Brown's finances.  It stated that Kody's net worth is between $800,000 to $1,000,000.  

If that is accurate he's about at 0 then. He has a hefty mortgage on the mansion and a smaller one on CP. They likely add up to somewhere around $800,000, if not more.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

Not sure how far something like soapdirt can be trusted though. If that is the case why can't they pay off outstanding hospital bills and why do they have to take out loans? Their life seems to be one big money shuffle.

• Like 8
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Cetacean said:

Not sure how far something like soapdirt can be trusted though. If that is the case why can't they pay off outstanding hospital bills and why do they have to take out loans? Their life seems to be one big money shuffle.

Yup. Just because there are supposed “assets”, that does not = $$$$$$.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

Every time I see Christine looking so liberated and free after years and years of Kody’s neglect and disregard I think of that song by Lizzo, Good as Hell:

Woo girl, need to kick off your shoes
Got to take a deep breath, time to focus on you
All the big fights, long nights that you been through
I got a bottle of tequila I been saving for you
Boss up and change your life
You can have it all, no sacrifice
I know he did you wrong, we can make it right
So go and let it all hang out tonight

Cause he don't love you anymore
So walk your fine ass out the door

She’s Rulon Allred’s granddaughter (great granddaughter?), raised in polygamy, devoted her life to the religion and being a good girl and doing what she was told was her duty all her life. And it’s good to see her finally say No, you can’t have me anymore on those terms.  I will choose what I believe, what I keep as valuable of my past and what I will disregard as unnecessary and irrelevant. She has a hard road ahead in making those choices but I am proud of her decisions and her effort.  As Lizzo said in another song, About Damn Time

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 12

I want to see this iteration of SWs canceled and a new version - Life After Sister Wives - take its place. Even if it's a shorter season for updates on the Christine/Janelle & kids side of things BUT with NO MONEY for Kotex and his raggedy ass Frau Frownie and her RBF kids. Hang those scammers out to dry and give C&J more money. Just because it will piss off Noodles to the point where he may just explode. And I'm here for that shit.

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, gingerella said:

I want to see this iteration of SWs canceled and a new version - Life After Sister Wives - take its place. Even if it's a shorter season for updates on the Christine/Janelle & kids side of things BUT with NO MONEY for Kotex and his raggedy ass Frau Frownie and her RBF kids. Hang those scammers out to dry and give C&J more money. Just because it will piss off Noodles to the point where he may just explode. And I'm here for that shit.

This is absolutely the answer-- may the gods hear you, or at least the producers at TLC.  No more Kody, Robyn, or Meri.  We'll take Christine, Janelle and any interesting offspring.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

This is absolutely the answer-- may the gods hear you, or at least the producers at TLC.  No more Kody, Robyn, or Meri.  We'll take Christine, Janelle and any interesting offspring.

I’m shocked they haven’t talked any of the kids into having a polygamous relationship just to keep the show going. Aren’t Robyns girls old enough to be somebody’s second wife or whatever? Oh wait.

Mykelti would be the one to go that direction out of all of them, although I would enjoy one of the girls showing up with 2 husbands. 

• LOL 5

I thought of something else I'd like to see...I'd like Janelle to say to Kotex, "You divorced Meri to marry Robyn so that her kids would legally be yours, at least that's what you told us. So now you legally have Meri and Robyn's kids. I want my kids to be legally legitimate kids too so now I want you to divorce Robyn and marry me so our children will be legally heirs too.

Let's see how KoDouche reacts because IMO that is a fair request this point AND he says he wants to improve their relationship so...

Edited by gingerella
  • Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, altopower said:
8 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I’m shocked they haven’t talked any of the kids into having a polygamous relationship just to keep the show going. Aren’t Robyns girls old enough to be somebody’s second wife or whatever? Oh wait.

Mykelti would be the one to go that direction out of all of them, although I would enjoy one of the girls showing up with 2 husbands. 

I am not sure about the format my phone is doing. 
I just wanted to say that I don’t think any of the originals will do polygamy. I used to think Kody and Robyn  would encourage it, but they may be dissuaded by Kody’s rants on tv. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

I don’t think many of the kids are worried about being in Douche bags will. One can only do so much with an unlimited amount of visors, gloves and hair products. 😊

It doesn't matter, I just really want her to turn his own tables on him!

• Like 3
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, gingerella said:

It doesn't matter, I just really want her to turn his own tables on him!

I am gonna go to hell on an express train for saying this but I would like his Kentucky fried curls to fall out and him be begging Christine to take him back・

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, Texasmom1970 said:

I am gonna go to hell on an express train for saying this but I would like his Kentucky fried curls to fall out and him be begging Christine to take him back・

You wanna carpool? Gas is pricey these days!

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3