Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E12: Life After Polygamy

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

Christine and Kody have a final battle about a snowblower on her way out the door to move to Utah; when Christine's house sale falls through, Kody wants Janelle to buy it, much to her dismay.

Air Date: November 27, 2022

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I usually love Janelle but she is being so dumb about this house thing. Get the downpayment for Christine's house from the family money and do exactly what she did and leave and sell the house. She keeps talking about wanting an asset as something to leave to her children but the cassita on CP will be worthless if Kody builds nearby,  who on earth would want him as a neighbour?
Much better to get some money and then build the house of your dreams in a few years without Kody's input.

Kody wants repect but is being a petty whiney child. If you want Janelle to respect you, say what you mean to her face don't be like I'm not going to go out of my way to help her behind her back.

Meri really seems to think that by being complacent that Kody will take her back. Not going to happen, she seems to have decided to stick it out, more fool her.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 8

So janelle and Meri both don’t have any property in just their names, they both rented houses to help them to get closer to the coyote pass goal. Now they both have nothing to show for 25 years of marriage if they walk away. One reason Christine was able to walk away was because her house was in her name so she at least had something. If they leave they may have nothing.

• Like 3
  • Sad 10
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Kody can’t even stay at the fifth wheel for one night with Truely, Savannah and Janelle? 

this fool has never stayed one single night there. All the footage is always him pulling up with a visor and gloves on doing some task, and then leaving.

For someone who’s lived on a ranch, this is pretty pathetic. Certainly he’s had field days and should be accustomed to a night of “discomfort” 🙄 (note sarcasm).

what a princess. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9

Kody saying Christine once called him a coward, his retort is, yes I was cowardly in not telling you I never liked you.

Real life translation: na-na na-na poo-poo, I was gonna be your best friend and now I'm not.

• LOL 14

So janelle and Meri both don’t have any property in just their names, they both rented houses to help them to get closer to the coyote pass goal. Now they both have nothing to show for 25 years of marriage if they walk away. One reason Christine was able to walk away was because her house was in her name so she at least had something. If they leave they may have nothing.

But Janelle and Meri agreed to this. When Janelle sold her Las Vegas home, she could have kept 100% of the profit, just like Christine just did. She handed over 50% to Kody and Robyn voluntarily to buy a house for Robyn, with no concrete plan for the future and only Kody's word on what would occur. Meri divorced Kody with no settlement or alimony. She let him off the hook without getting anything for herself. I don't have a lot of sympathy for these women. They had options. They screwed themselves. Janelle could still sue Kody for child support for Savannah and use that to rent an apartment. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 5
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

I have to wonder if therea are any restrictions on homes in CP.  If this is supposed to be an upscale area, they may not allow something as small as a two bedroom casita.  Wealthier areas often have minimum square footage requirements.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 2

Did I understand Janelle correctly when she said where she would put her house now, wouldn't disturb the property lines if or when they re-subdivide? So she figured out a work-around and Kody ignored her. I think Janelle is trying to plop her ass there no matter what happens to stake her claim. I hope she manages to do it. She'd be right in the middle of the property, so when Kody tries to sell the land as one parcel, Janelle will be like that lone home owner who won't sell to some big developer. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 9

Random thoughts from the episode.

According to Robyn Christine's leaving has caused collateral damage that will last generations to come - any idea what that damage is and how it will impact successive generations?

It makes no sense that Kody is still insisting on subdividing into 5 lots - isn't that is what is holding up paying it off or construction?? As another poster pointed out, Janelle made sure the location she picked would be in her designated lot whether it was 4 or 5, and Kody shrugged it off. Kody is settled in the Mansion on the hill and has no intention to build, as he keeps shooting down any suggestion by Janelle.  And his insistence on 5 is probably for Robyn's children - then they can remain in the mansion and the kids will be close by - a Brown compound. 

Oh and the fact that Robyn did not just buy the Mansion with money from Janelle AND Meri - but she also bought 2 lots next to the mansion - Janelle has nothing and Robyn has a mansion with 2 spare lots.

Janelle seems to have stopped holding back and is slowly realizing that Kody does not care about her. I so hope she got a lawyer and figured out stuff. She is not a legal wife but she has given so much money to the family over the years. She should do her own taxes and make Kody and Robyn figure out their mess. I can't even fathom how complicated it is. 

Edited by zamp33
Adding one more thought.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 18

I really enjoyed Christine’s joy about her new house and it being all hers. She gets to decorate the way she wants and make every decision without taking Kody into account in any way. Must feel very freeing.

I can’t remember who said it but I completely agree that Kody wanted the snow blower and hoped Christine would give it to him but she just said she loved it and off it went to Utah with her.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 19

Copied from Live Thread Post:  "Wow  Janelle - just throwing out Robyn's got problems on camera - that's brave"

I only wish Janelle had been specific!!

Copied from Live Thread: "

Kody is so weird about respect and love.

totally insane viewpoint."

Actually, there is a whole book on this called "Love and Respect," all about how women want love and men need respect. I haven't read it fully but have skimmed parts of it. Sounds like Kody has too!!

• Like 3
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1

Does anyone know how many more episodes are still to come in this season? I know it is a train wreck, but I watch it. However, I would like it over. We seemed to have covered most of the main events we already knew from social media. 

Also, this upcoming scene with Robyn catching Covid is confusing.  Is this after her 2 younger children have returned to in-person school?  I seem to remember a scene last season where Cody, Robyn, and the kids were being tested at a drive-up testing site.  Is Robyn catching Covid related to that scene or is Robyn on her deathbed a new Covid scare. I know this season spanned over 2 years, so I am unsure of the timeline.  Was the drive-up testing scene because the nanny brought Covid into the house?

Edited by js9548
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
14 minutes ago, js9548 said:

Does anyone know how many more episodes are still to come in this season? I know it is a train wreck, but I watch it. However, I would like it over. We seemed to have covered most of the main events we already knew from social media. 

Also, this upcoming scene with Robyn catching Covid is confusing.  Is this after her 2 younger children have returned to in-person school?  I seem to remember a scene last season where Cody, Robyn, and the kids were being tested at a drive-up testing site.  Is Robyn catching Covid related to that scene or is Robyn on her deathbed a new Covid scare. I know this season spanned over 2 years, so I am unsure of the timeline.  Was the drive-up testing scene because the nanny brought Covid into the house?

Two separate covid catches haha

Next week is the season finale someone said on here earlier

• Useful 1
52 minutes ago, js9548 said:

I believe the drive up scene was the same testing that they all  did so that the family could gather for Ari’s birthday. 

I think this season’s covid scene was after Christine left.  It’s very hard to get overly interested since we all know Robyn is just fine. She’s been photographed several times out and about with Kody and was at Logan’s wedding.  

• Like 5

Oh and the fact that Robyn did not just buy the Mansion with money from Janelle AND Meri - but she also bought 2 lots next to the mansion - Janelle has nothing and Robyn has a mansion with 2 spare lots.

So wait...

The Browns own Robyn's mansion (I use the term "own" loosely here since they owe a fortune on it) AND two adjacent lots? Problem solved. Build a house for Meri on one lot and a casita for Janelle on the other and sell CP. Done.

I'm sure neither Kody nor Robyn wants them that nearby but it seems like a perfect solution if they were really interested in problem solving this mess.

• Like 4
  • Applause 13
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

think Janelle is trying to plop her ass there no matter what happens to stake her claim. I hope she manages to do it. She'd be right in the middle of the property, so when Kody tries to sell the land as one parcel, Janelle will be like that lone home owner who won't sell to some big developer. 

She didn't even insist on having the parcel near the "pond" anymore. I really hope she, toi, has no intention to build on CP anymore and she does all this to annoy the Kodester. Of course, I don't think so, but it would be great. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
15 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I believe the drive up scene was the same testing that they all  did so that the family could gather for Ari’s birthday

Was that the excruciatingly graphic scene of them all spitting into tubes and Kody almost accidentally drinking his? 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, Cetacean said:

I have to wonder if therea are any restrictions on homes in CP.  If this is supposed to be an upscale area, they may not allow something as small as a two bedroom casita.  Wealthier areas often have minimum square footage requirements.

The closing attorney should have informed them when they purchased the lots if there were any Covenants running with the land that restrict the structures that can be built.  Still,…..I hope they double check.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
10 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

The closing attorney should have informed them when they purchased the lots if there were any Covenants running with the land that restrict the structures that can be built.  Still,…..I hope they double check.  

What's funny/not funny is Christine's and Meri's lots are closest to the pipeline.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Mind Blown 1

There's so much to unpack from this episode that I don't even know where to begin. I knew that as soon as Christine was gone that Kody was going to go after Janelle trying to get rid of her too. He has all those excuses about CP and is making it difficult on purpose because he doesn't want Janelle or Meri to live with them. He wants to stay with Sobbyn only!! They are both waiting for the other two to leave. It looks like Janelle is finally starting to see it( a tiny bit). Kody,  Sobbyn and her kids all know they don't want the other wives there anymore. They are horrible actors.  Everything Kody says is complete bullshit.  His actions speak louder than words. He hasn't attempted to lift one finger to make room for Truely at his house. He says there's no room!! But in a small trailer with two bedrooms there was room for an 11 yr old girl that is Truely. They are counting down the days until Janelle picks up and leaves just like Christine did but they don't want to look like the selfish assholes they really are so they are putting on this dramatic performance ( that's  fooling nobody) and pretending like they're so devastated and hurt. Anyone with a brain can see right through them. Now hearing that Meri gave all the money from her house to Sobbyn, no wonder Sobbyn  wants to keep her around. Kody even admitted that's why too, 4so they can take more of her money to pay off CP for them only. I also saw on Reddit and YouTube someone posted a video of Sobbyn kicking one of Meri's dogs when it came walking in the room. So now there's another reason to fall in love with Sobbyn. She abuses animals. Just when people think those two can't get any worse they surprise us more and more. It makes sense now that I think about it that Kody and Sobbyn plan on giving the other plots of land to Sobbyn's adult children. Janelle said they did have money at first for her to have her own place but the money went to other things. She should've just said it went to Sobbyn's mansion and everything else in it and around it. It amazes me that she has stayed this long seeing the difference in treatment between her and Sobbyn. What is she holding on for?? She can have her own life and own house without living there in this fake "marriage ". In the book they wrote,  Kody said he has always thought of her as one of the guys and not in a romantic way. She is the one that asked if she can join their family.  They haven't been "intimate" probably since Savannah was born and he solely lives with Sobbyn. What is the reason that's keeping her there? I don't understand it at all. I don't know who he thinks he's fooling saying they have been living in the trailer, he hasn't spent one night in the trailer. He even said it multiple times that he's not sleeping in it and has no desire too. Does he forget that we see what he says and does every Sunday night? He changes his stories so fast he's all screwed up in the head. It's annoying how Sobbyn sits there talking like she's been there from day one helping out her fellow sister wives with family money saying  "we have always put our money together as a family". It's like bitch you put all your bills down on the table to be paid by the other wives and left the room!! She didn't help pay for shit. She brought all of her debt to the family money to get paid. She thinks everyone is so stupid and blind that we can't remember watching everything since she blessed this family with her existence. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 11
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, zamp33 said:

According to Robyn Christine's leaving has caused collateral damage that will last generations to come - any idea what that damage is and how it will impact successive generations?

It makes no sense that Kody is still insisting on subdividing into 5 lots - isn't that is what is holding up paying it off or construction?? As another poster pointed out, Janelle made sure the location she picked would be in her designated lot whether it was 4 or 5, and Kody shrugged it off. Kody is settled in the Mansion on the hill and has no intention to build, as he keeps shooting down any suggestion by Janelle.  And his insistence on 5 is probably for Robyn's children - then they can remain in the mansion and the kids will be close by - a Brown compound. 

Janelle seems to have stopped holding back and is slowly realizing that Kody does not care about her. I so hope she got a lawyer and figured out stuff. She is not a legal wife but she has given so much money to the family over the years. She should do her own taxes and make Kody and Robyn figure out their mess. I can't even fathom how complicated it is. 

I have no idea what Robyn meant, and I doubt she does either. She just said it to be dramatic. She may think watching the family break up will discourage her children and their descendants from the polygamous life.

Doing laundry today I thought of Robyn and Janelle as I sorted lint givers from lint receivers, although in their case it is money givers from receivers.  Janelle gave her inheritance for the down payment on the  Lehi house, she cashed in her retirement account to help fund the rental houses in LV, and then she gave half of the proceeds from her LV house to Robyn. It sounds like Meri gave all of her proceeds to Robyn.  I hope Janelle has realized how much if a sucker she has been and how she only has an RV to show for it. I hope she and Christine can write another book and spill the dirt on life with Robyn. I cannot imagine they could carry a season by themselves, but a 2 hour update would be nice. I think Mykelti is itching to be back on tv

• Like 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

If I was Christine, I would have taken that snowblower even if I was moving to Death Valley! 

Anyone else hoping Kody would fall, get a hernia or at least hit his head as he petulantly yanked that snowblower on to the truck? 

Oh, he was PISSED!  Not only did Christine instantly shut down Kody's attempt to manipulate her into giving him the snowblower (which according to him she obviously didn't need because they never had a snow blower when they lived in Utah), that sucker was going on the truck FIRST because Christine said so ... and he had to submit to her will on camera, too!  He was red hot! lolol   Then he had to struggle with getting it into the truck.  Ha!

I'm surprised he didn't point out that Christine didn't need the blower because she has Truely there to shovel snow.  The prick.

2 hours ago, MamaGee said:

Actually, there is a whole book on this called "Love and Respect," all about how women want love and men need respect. I haven't read it fully but have skimmed parts of it. Sounds like Kody has too!!

Sounds to me like Kody only read half ... 

• Like 8
  • Applause 6
  • Love 7

Several things:

Savanah (or however you spell it) is so over Kody.  He better watch out or he will get another knife to the kidneys.  Can I also say that it was so gross that he insisted on getting into arguments with both Christine and Janelle in front of their children?

Robyn was once again her usual self.  She had to point out how they gave Christine the money for her down payment, but conveniently forgets that Janelle and Meri both gave her the proceeds from their Vegas houses so that her snowflake children wouldn't have to share bedrooms.  And her hyper dramatic comment about successive generations shows she and Kody are made for each other.  I noticed when they replayed the scene of Kody screaming at Christine yet again that she was doing that thing where she throws her head back pretending to cry.  Give it up honey, no one is buying it.

I want to know what the other things are that Janelle referred to when she said that they had had the money to pay off the land in the past.  I'll bet they had something to do with Robyn's endless needs.  I wanted to tell Janelle that of course Kody thinks you will eventually give in because you have so many times before.  She handed over her inheritance, her 401k and the proceeds to her house.  She also caved and moved to Flagstaff even though Gabe missed out on things he had worked hard to earn in high school.  So she shouldn't be surprised.  It's about time she found a backbone.  She was right that Kody wasn't even listening when she explained that they couldn't buy Christine's house and pay off the land and start building because there wasn't money for all of that.  And if Janelle rented out Christine's house, where was she supposed to live?  

I loved Christine's bit with the snowblower.  Kody wanted her to give it to him and she wasn't having it.  She also wanted to put it in the truck first so that he would go away.  While he has proclaimed dramatically that he never wants to see her again, she has just calmly cut him out of her life.  Janelle should do the same.  Meri is full of crap and I have lost all sympathy for her and her self-help nonsense.

• Like 5
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I can just see Kootie handwaving any restrictionss and planning on playing the Persecute the Polygamist card if there are challenges.  Obviously they ignored the fact that there were no utilities there, apparently thinking the magic gas/electric/water fairy would provide.

• Like 2
  • Love 7

Kody wanted to put everything else in first so no room for the snowblower hoping she’d give it to him.  Ha !   Robyn still with the Nellie Olsen curls  woman. Please     And kody needs to lose the dream of being a landlord  and they better pray Janelle doesn’t bring in a forensic accountant 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Savanah will be 18 next month.

And at the time this was aired she was at least 16, if not already 17? By the time this would have gone to court and then been enforced, she’d have been close to 18 anyway.

I wish there was more discourse on financial abuse. It’s never as easy as, you shoulda just kept your money, you spineless woman. Kody uses the needs of  “the family” as a way to pressure these women to do what serves him best. Working together equals do what he says or else he will cut you off emotionally. 

At this point, “the family” is a malevolent entity that demands sacrifice. All the money funneled into it will never be enough.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Love 11
34 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

Meri is full of crap and I have lost all sympathy for her and her self-help nonsense.

I wonder how the Retreat went at the B&B

OK Magazine answered my question: 

"She was scrambling to try and fill spots. It was all her LuLaRoe team that went," a source claimed. "No one paid the prices she asked for."

"The group consisted of 'fans' who filled spots without paying," the source added.

However, some of Meri's followers didn't appear to be fooled by the candid snaps and words of encouragement.

"This was 100% a PR stunt after these episodes of her being a witch aired," one user replied. "Too expensive for regular people to come. These are her friends and she did this too look like more of a positive person than she is."

A second noted, "They are all Luluroe people, what normal person would pay that."

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1