Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E14: Shameless Not Ruthless

• Start Topic

Hold up-Kyle pays a person just to pick up her dogs’ poop? I love these rich neighborhood jobs:  giving sound baths, throwing demons out of people using charades, picking up dog poop, inappropriately leaning against rich women while pushing their legs apart, the always popular ‘psychic.’   They need to make a tv show about these employees where they dish on their clients and then laugh and laugh while counting their money. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, Jel said:

If someone is doing something wrong, it's a good thing to let them know, so they can try to do better in the future.  Maybe this can be a learning experience for Rinna.

In her own words she needs to "own it" 

qYx.gif

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 3
  • Applause 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

I think it's gross that people are mocking Rinna's grief and making jokes about birds.  It's understandable not to like someone and/or their behavior, but clearly she loved her mother and is dealing with grief.  Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.  What if people on your facebooks, twitters and instagrams said nasty things about your grief just because they don't like you?

Karma is a bitch. Rinna is evil. And let us not forget she was pushing a new lipstick I "honor" of Lois. Please.

• Like 1
  • Applause 9
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, Jel said:

Rinna can be very unkind herself, so it is petty rich that she expects only kindness in her time of need.  It's hard to not notice that, and I think it's actually wrong not to point it out.  If someone is doing something wrong, it's a good thing to let them know, so they can try to do better in the future.  Maybe this can be a learning experience for Rinna.

I agree with all of this, except the last sentence.  Rinna has shown to the world that she has no capacity for using her abysmal behavior  as “a learning experience”.  At least in the sense of learning to be a better friend, coworker, human being.  She has been a conniving bitch to at least one cast member every season.  Ask Kim, Yolanda, Eileen, Denise, Teddie, Sutton or LVP what they think Rinna has learned from her shitty actions towards them.  

The only thing Rinna is capable of learning is how much lower she can sink to maintain her lizard-like existence on TV.  I think she’d toss her two wannabe daughters off a bridge during a photo shoot if it meant she could have the camera all to herself.

• Applause 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, BusyOctober said:

I agree with all of this, except the last sentence.  Rinna has shown to the world that she has no capacity for using her abysmal behavior  as “a learning experience”.  At least in the sense of learning to be a better friend, coworker, human being.  She has been a conniving bitch to at least one cast member every season.  Ask Kim, Yolanda, Eileen, Denise, Teddie, Sutton or LVP what they think Rinna has learned from her shitty actions towards them.  

The only thing Rinna is capable of learning is how much lower she can sink to maintain her lizard-like existence on TV.  I think she’d toss her two wannabe daughters off a bridge during a photo shoot if it meant she could have the camera all to herself.

Hey, I did say “maybe “. 😏

(Of course she won’t!)

• Wink 5
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Maybe we should lobby Andy and Bravo to put Lisa on pause for 2 years.  She deserves time off to get herself together. And we deserve a break from her "grief."

I’m thinking that she may indeed be afraid that her time on the show might be ending, and she’s trying to hang on by the skin of her claws because this is basically all she has. That’s the only explanation I can think of for her behavior this season — trying in any way, shape, or form to stay “relevant” by getting herself noticed. But making an ass out of herself week after week is about the quickest way OUT of the show, if you ask me.

I’m sure on some level she is genuinely grieving Lois. I don’t think she’s that much of a soulless creature. But what she’s doing here is a parody of grief, and using that as an excuse to continue with her general shittiness.

Kyle’s got the “shit-stirrer” gig down better than Lisa ever will, as does Erika with the trash factor. So what is the point of Lisa being on anymore, really? Face it — when she’s not on, does anybody miss her?

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

These poor non-housewives guests. They look so uncomfortable. Rinna is vile, she needs to be paused. Andy, pay attention. 
And did Rinna ever apologize to Denise and her husband after what she put them through? Doubt it. 

Rinna is an asshole, but I don't feel comfortable judging how genuine her greieiieifph for her mom is. I'll criticize her bullying, her shallowness, her attention-seeking shenanigans until the cows come home, but I'm not invested in trying to prove that Rinna was a Terrible Daughter All Along. (not that I'm accusing anyone of doing that).

14 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Just how embarrassing is this dinner? They’re all literally across the room from each other (by design, maybe?), and it’s a damn battle royale over that fucking TABLE again, in front of innocent bystanders who have no clue as to what’s going on — people who can support this charity.

8 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

The looks on some of the other guests' faces during The Screaming was priceless. The charity ladies stared in disbelief, the dentist and his wife watched the show in startled wonder, and Crystal's husband's mouth was literally hanging open in surprise.

I totally want to read ALL of the texts from the non-RHOBH/husbands (except for maybe Crystal, since she's friends with some of the other people who were there) that were sent during and right after this dinner. You know the post-party discussions had to be hilarious!

Also: Is Chicken Parm such a delicacy? I like it as much as anyone else, but these sophisticates were acting like its ambrosia from the gods.

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2

Kyle, Erika, and Rinna have got to go. It's time. 

The gaslighting, the shit-stirring, the lying, the intentional mean girl behavior to keep their little circle tight and push out the women who won't play their little games...

I know the Housewives shows are messy, but RHOBH lacks integrity (with the exception of a few women, none of which are in the Fox Force). 

I honestly think Dorit is, and could be, more enjoyable/palatable away from that toxic group. 

The behavior is just tired. None of them are held accountable, least of all by Andy at the reunions, and they just laugh off their shitty behavior like starting a fight in front of outside company isn't poor manners. 

All I'm saying is, if Bravo can shutter RHONY after one terrible season (when all they had to do was dump Leah and Eboni), then it is more than time for RHOBH to cut the cancers. They are no longer entertaining, if they ever really were. (and I've had Kyle's sniper-from-the-side bullshit clocked back in season 1. if nothing else at least more people are starting to see her for who she really is.)

JMO

• Applause 11
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Maximona said:

Teeth have replaced accents as a class indicator.  There is no way that anyone with bad teeth has any kind of upwards social mobility in contemporary culture.

"The homeless" are not a homogenous herd, and while some may be into that milk-the-rubes mentality, others really want a way out—which means a job.  Very few employers want to hire workers with visibly bad teeth

Oral health is an important part of overall health.  Poor dental health can cause gum disease which can cause tooth loss and can be linked to heart disease, cancer, and sometimes pneumonia.  

Sure the cosmetic part is nice but more importantly access to oral health care is as important as any other health care.  And of course it affects how a person speaks, eats, confidence, etc. 

• Like 2
  • Love 10

Often, dentists who participate in charities such as these offer lifetime dental care for free.  So it's not just about a one-time smile makeover.  Wonder if this dentist offered that?

Who stands next to the dental chair while their spouse's teeth are being cleaned?  Unless the patient is a child.  Oh, wait....asked, answered.

What kind of high-profile cosmetic dentist does his own cleanings anyway?  No hygienist?  

• Love 8

The name of that charity is so awful.  I just can’t get it out of my head.  It’s offensive and insulting IMO.  There wasn’t a single person on the board of this outfit that could come up with a better name??  My friend and I came up with a few in 10 minutes!  My favorite one is “Dignity Through Dentistry”.

And I thought “homeless” was retired and replaced with “unhoused”?

Edited by BusyOctober
Spelling counts
  • Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 7
52 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

Also: Is Chicken Parm such a delicacy? I like it as much as anyone else, but these sophisticates were acting like its ambrosia from the gods.

With the exception of Crystal's Chinese New Year party and even her Learn to Make and Eat dumplings party,  it seems like all these women serve lame menus at their gatherings.  I do exempt Kyle when she's doing the cooking because, well that's different than working with a caterer on a menu.  Seems like Dorit spent more time on the tablescape.  Chicken Parm is a weeknight dinner.  Not sure I would get all dolled up for that. 

13 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Who stands next to the dental chair while their spouse's teeth are being cleaned?  Unless the patient is a child.  Oh, wait....asked, answered.

What kind of high-profile cosmetic dentist does his own cleanings anyway?  No hygienist?  

Who stands next to the dental chair?  Someone who needs/wants to be on camera.  

Ditto for the cosmetic dentist.  That was all about camera time/promotion in exchange for free cosmetic dentistry.  

I have to add that I found PK having dinner with Lionel Richie and John Legend rather impressive.  Same for getting Melissa Ethridge to perform at this mess.

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Like 4
  • Love 9

I’d love to see a UGT with Rinna, Kyle, Erika, Eboni and Leah. That could be real fun. Along with that we could have Garcelle (greatest of all time in my opinion), Sutton and Crystal sitting on a sofa commenting on the action. Maybe LVP could join them.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

Lisa's drama and then her dramatic crying scene was so fake.  I think it would even be too fake for the soaps.  If that sobbing was so real there would be tears and swollen eyes.  It's as if the director said cut and she ended the scene.  

Kyle is the biggest instigator there is and she thought it was so funny too.  Maybe be more focused on your hubby immediately saying Dorita in the convo with him and PK.   I can just see her tears flowing when she gets called out at the reunion.

Diana I am glad I didn't see much of her other than her picking her teeth.  Did she make a comment about her boyfriend being a child?  I half listen with her.

Erika is just lather, rinse, repeat.  

• Applause 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Turns out I do need Erika to heckle Asher because the only way I could listen to him is if I am feeling bad for him.

Forgive me for sounding shitty but do the homeless want teeth? Most that I’ve come across want money and run from any form of rehabilitation. I can’t see Dorit being much of a help to these people but hopefully one person in need did get a new smile.

I do like Crystal but this isn’t the best platform to open up about anything. They aren’t supportive and find joy in anyone else’s weakness.

Like a cheap bottle of wine, Rinna gets worse each year. However, rather than speculate that her grief is for the camera, Bravo should give her a couple of years off from the show to grieve within the comfort of her actual family and friends. 

I think there are a wide range of homeless people, many who have fallen on hard times and really want to find a place to live, work and rebuild their lives.  As sad as it seems, there are whole families that have lost their homes and are living in cars, hotels, and friends' sofas.  I agree that getting them a stable home is the top priority, but assisting with dental work would improve their lives and health, as well.  

I love what you said about Rinna- she has now turned to vinegar! Please give her some time off to deal with her "greif."

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Vanderboom said:

Rinna is an asshole, but I don't feel comfortable judging how genuine her greieiieifph for her mom is. I'll criticize her bullying, her shallowness, her attention-seeking shenanigans until the cows come home, but I'm not invested in trying to prove that Rinna was a Terrible Daughter All Along. (not that I'm accusing anyone of doing that).

I totally want to read ALL of the texts from the non-RHOBH/husbands (except for maybe Crystal, since she's friends with some of the other people who were there) that were sent during and right after this dinner. You know the post-party discussions had to be hilarious!

Did you notice how they were squealing about the "pigs in a blanket" appetizers because they were from a trendy restaurant?  PLEASE!

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, funnygirl said:

All I'm saying is, if Bravo can shutter RHONY after one terrible season (when all they had to do was dump Leah and Eboni), then it is more than time for RHOBH to cut the cancers. They are no longer entertaining, if they ever really were. (and I've had Kyle's sniper-from-the-side bullshit clocked back in season 1. if nothing else at least more people are starting to see her for who she really is.)

The problem that Bravo faced with NY and it is a big problem is that they were not about to fire the first black cast member especialy after one season. The blow back would have too much. But I agree that Leah and Eboni for some reason felt like they could take over the show and run it the way they wanted the audience be damned. So Brave shut down the entire show after the ratings took a nose dive. Beverly HIlls dosen't have this problem. Don't know what the rating are for this season so far but if they are good Bravo will not remove Rinna, Erika or Kyle. Andy most likely thinks that they can do no wrong. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 4

I think they are punking us with the pigs in a blanket and spaghetti. Spaghetti has been the featured course 3 times now, twice with the Hamlins.  And I feel like we have seen pigs in a blanket more than twice. Maybe they are paying homage to Harry's cooking and Diana's pary food. Or maybe Bravo is cutting costs. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Vanderboom said:

I feel that the wives knew of the menu prior to the party - Sutton brought olive oil and oregano (?) as a hostess gift and said it was for the "chef" - seems to me that the hostess gift was Italian-themed.  I thought it was an odd choice of hostess gift (they usually bring a bottle of liquor/wine or a candle), until I heard what the menu was.

I thought it was a nice, simple menu, but not something I would serve for an elegant dinner party - more like a weeknight dinner with my family!  

• Like 2
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Did you notice how they were squealing about the "pigs in a blanket" appetizers because they were from a trendy restaurant?  PLEASE!

My homemade ones using Pillsbury Crescent Rolls look way better than those did.  Once I tried to "fancy" them up, I used puff pastry, but that's a pain in the neck!  

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Lazy grooming. Just stick a hat on bad hair.

Or, maybe no hair person to put in the extensions or whatever it is they do?  

I honestly think they all think it's a "cool" look.  Especially Rinna - she wears hats in the house all the time - even when making a cup of tea last week, she was wearing one of those bucket hats with some designer logo on it.  I also wonder if they get marketing/branding credit for wearing this logo'd designer stuff.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I think they are punking us with the pigs in a blanket and spaghetti. Spaghetti has been the featured course 3 times now, twice with the Hamlins.  And I feel like we have seen pigs in a blanket more than twice. Maybe they are paying homage to Harry's cooking and Diana's pary food. Or maybe Bravo is cutting costs. 

I think production knows that none of the cast are actually going to eat so why waste money on expensive food.

• Like 2
  • Wink 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Rinna, sobbing: I’m in a lot of pain right now

Me: oh, f##k off.

To my great surprise, those words just burst out of my mouth before I even knew they were coming. After years of watching this vile toxic narcissistic bitch, I don’t have the smallest shred of sympathy for her. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Lassus said:

I know everyone hates Kyle, but her getting called out as the person who started the whole mess - and her reaction - was actually pretty funny.

It's what broke the tension in this episode. 

Even Mauricio got in a couple of digs at Rinna.

• Like 2
  • Wink 2
  • Love 3

The problem I have with Rinna is that she's the Wife Who Called Wolf. Everything, and I mean everything, is over the top with respect to emotions.

The return of the baby bunny was the single time I truly believed she was hurt. That's why Bravo keeps rerunning it, as if she's a crying religious icon.

I have no doubt she's in pain, but she's the one that muddied what we're expected to believe. She's been bullying Sutton for two seasons.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

I think she’d toss her two wannabe daughters off a bridge during a photo shoot if it meant she could have the camera all to herself.

This would be followed by the camera zooming in to get a close-up of Rinna's face, in which she stares off into the distance, then a grin starts to form.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 6
5 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

As someone who has lost a loved one (both parents, with my mom 2 years ago), I can and will doubt and mock her grief because it all seems so performative.

Also, I didn't act like an asshole to other people, and didn't use my grief as an excuse for being an asshole to people.

Maybe stop being an asshole and learning from her mistakes? The reason why I doubt and mock her grief is because she always has an excuse to justify what she does. If it wasn't her dead mother, it would be something else.

Also didn't she post a few weeks ago that she is just playing a role? She needs to pick a lane and really own it, ffs.

But you are not Rinna.  Everybody behaves the way their individual experiences leads them to behave.  You can believe it's performative all day but beliefs aren't indisputable facts.  We don't know what's in her mind.  I don't understand the audacity that can compel anyone to tell another person that their display of grief isn't 100% genuine.  Also, Sutton isn't an innocent, sweet angel.  She has said and done problematic and shitty things just like the others.  If Sutton and Rinna were "friends", Sutton shouldn't have gone on WWHL to blast Rinna because of Rinna's beef with Garcelle.  Sutton should have stayed neutral.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, janiema said:

I think production knows that none of the cast are actually going to eat so why waste money on expensive food.

I hadn't thought of that.  Does production pay for the caterer?  I can see them picking up the tab at a restaurant but not home catering.  But if they do then even more reason to choose a fancy menu.   I always think of spaghetti as a cheap food because I ate so much of it in college I almost never serve it now and am frankly surprised how often these Beverly Hills women serve it. 

On the olive oil as a hostess gift, someone once brought me a gift bag of fancy oils  and vinegar which I thought was a great gift.  

Anyway, I pay attention to the food just like the fashions.  Dorit often nails it on the fashion but again with the exception of Crystal, the food always seems disappointing to me.  

• Love 6

Hmmm… notice how the women are grouped around Lisa as though it is a painting. Each of their faces or at least the sides of their heads are visible. No one is blocking someone else. Seems to me the camera person set this up very carefully and posed them in the correct positions before the director yelled, “Action!”

If this had been a spontaneous situation in which the women rushed to comfort Lisa, no way would this be so carefully staged for the camera. Just how much is the audience being manipulated here?

D5283EA1-FDBA-4075-8059-8A32D0EE5D0F.thumb.jpeg.c6465a9d99831da54969f589f14faf2f.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Talented Tenth said:

But you are not Rinna.  Everybody behaves the way their individual experiences leads them to behave.  You can believe it's performative all day but beliefs aren't indisputable facts.  We don't know what's in her mind. 

But we do .. she has stated that the person on the show isn’t the “real” her and that she thinks of it as a “character” (which makes no sense since she tweets out shit and does things on the show that has “Real World” effects and there is a tweet from her saying this that has been posted to her personal board you can scroll back and find. )..

we also know she said she didn’t care about talent or her “craft” (in her own words) and  that it’s all about the dollar and fame and she would do anything for that . 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Surrealist said:

This would be followed by the camera zooming in to get a close-up of Rinna's face, in which she stares off into the distance, then a grin starts to form.

Found this exact image of Rinna doing just that!

4FBDFF95-89E5-447F-8348-EE0F740CF8A5.gif

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I think there are a wide range of homeless people, many who have fallen on hard times and really want to find a place to live, work and rebuild their lives.  As sad as it seems, there are whole families that have lost their homes and are living in cars, hotels, and friends' sofas.  I agree that getting them a stable home is the top priority, but assisting with dental work would improve their lives and health, as well.  

I love what you said about Rinna- she has now turned to vinegar! Please give her some time off to deal with her "greif."

You and others are very right.  My original post was coming from a place of me picturing Dorit walking thru a homeless camp with the dentist and a camera crew calling them mama and baby. 

• Like 1
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 5
8 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

The argument can be made that Vanderpump's chickens were coming home to roost.  If behavior is bad then it's also bad when viewers display the same behavior.  There isn't an exception to human decency.

I can't speak to the operation of Rinna's mind.  When it comes to things one can never truly know 100%, I think it's better to err on the side of believing that she really did love her mother and is still in pain 2 months after she lost her.

8 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Still not an excuse to behave like an asshole to other people.

I assume Rinna actually does love her mom and is grieving her. I just don't completely connect it with her giving herself another screaming scene about accusing someone of coming for her family on the show about screaming scenes that she's on. Even if her grief is real, Sutton's not a close loved one who'd be expected to be okay with being her punching bag. Rinna's accusations are just as silly and exaggerated now as they would be if her mother hadn't died.

The fact that she then said the show should be ashamed of giving her only one episode for it rather than just apologizing again seems like yeah, she's making this a storyline. That doesn't mean she doesn't actually love her mother or isn't actually grieving her, but she's also on a reality show. Two things can be true at once.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

That's a fair statement, but if there's anyone who has lost a loved one, I don't understand how they especially can doubt/mock her grief or make fun of her getting some comfort in what she believes are spiritual signs from Lois.  Rinna also apologized to Sutton and said the anger wasn't about her.  What else is she supposed to do?

Clearly she should take a hiatus from the show to deal with her grief if she cannot control her behavior at a CHARITY EVENT in front of not only innocent bystanders but freaking Melissa Etheridge. It was so cringeworthy!

Erica should propose take a break too to deal with all her legal problems and rebound sex issues. Also cringe 😬 

• Applause 5
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Surrealist said:

It's what broke the tension in this episode. 

Even Mauricio got in a couple of digs at Rinna.

I wonder if Mauricio is reading the same articles as have been posted here regarding the Hamlin/Rinna finances regarding their home/homes.  He really got a few good digs in at Rinna, and they were well-deserved.

Mauricio, even high as a kite as he was on last night's episode, would NEVER insult a potential high-commission client.

Also makes me wonder about how much Kyle must bitch and complain to Mauricio about Rinna when they are alone without the cameras around.  I often get a vibe from Kyle that she really doesn't like Rinna at all, that she's just playing along with her for sake of the show.  I just get a feeling that there really is no love lost between Kyle and Rinna.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, Feline Goddess said:

The charity was already established when Dorit got involved, she didn't name it. But I do agree that it's an awful name. 

And it was SHARON STONE who came knocking on her door to see if she would be interested in participating. I wonder if she told Sharon that it sounds like a very chic charity. And this is not very kind of me, but I can’t help but wonder if Dorit would have been so interested if it had not been connected to a famous person.

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

"He's a child." Yeah, that's a great way to talk about your partner, Diana.

Um yeah.  So why are you fucking a child Diana?  If some dude made me feel like he was a child the last thing I would do is 'the business'.  But that is just me.

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

That chicken parmigiana with spaghetti looked lame.

They cooked the spaghetti for too long.

Ha!  I was shocked they had that as the dish.  Pretty cheap to make though.  Did anyone actually eat it?  Which reminds me that I wondered if the “charity dinner” was just a way to host and take a tax deduction.

while the name of the charity is a bit cheesy IMO, lack of dental care is a big deal for the poor, and can lead to numerous other health problems.  So good for Dorit for getting involved in what is NOT a “sexy” charity.

I agree that everyone deals differently with grief, and it can hit you at random moments ( I was a basket case after my sister died and we hadn’t talked in almost 20 years) - Rinna gets no pass for using that as her excuse for AGAIN hounding Sutton.  This is, what, the 3rd time she’s “putting the argument behind” her?  Yet, No, she keeps bringing it up.  And this time was the worst, at a charity event?  

mo was high as a kite, but I loved him chiming in on Rinna’s potty mouth!

poor Melissa Etheridge - hope she got paid well…..

Edited by Mrs peel
Typos, always typos!
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7