Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E14: Shameless Not Ruthless

• Start Topic

Dorit throws a charity dinner to benefit the homeless, but there is little goodwill between Lisa and Sutton; when Lisa's anger turns to tears, her friends rally to her side in her time of need; Crystal opens up about her health issues.

Airdate: 08/10/2022

• Love 1
10 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

My cable synopsis says, “Crystal faces questions from the group after she discusses her health.”

Given that this only became a hot topic after Dorit flapped her gums last week, I hope Crystal learns the lesson that nothing will be kept in confidence with this group. I’m interested to see how this plays out. Crystal has shared details, but only those she feels comfortable with, probably. I still feel Dorit was wrong to talk about this the way she did.

The summary also says, “Diana and Asher plan for a peaceful future in the wake of a drama-filled year.” Hmm. Dare I hope that they will slither off into the sunset and we won’t have to deal with them ever again? 

“Lisa’s time of need.” Spare me. Lisa, quit with the feud with Sutton that YOU LOST and get grief counseling, already.

For whatever reason, an eating disorder storyline hits worse than one about a cast member's alcoholism or drug abuse. Not that those are good things either, but so far, the way the other ladies (minus Sutton) are talking about eating disorders (and Kyle making Crystal's story about her) feels very wrong. Almost as if an eating disorder isn't as big a deal as drug abuse and alcoholism, and Crystal can easily turn it on and off whenever she feels like it. 

Just gross, really.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Sad 3
  • Love 18
57 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

For whatever reason, an eating disorder storyline hits worse than one about a cast member's alcoholism or drug abuse. Not that those are good things either, but so far, the way the other ladies (minus Sutton) are talking about eating disorders (and Kyle making Crystal's story about her) feels very wrong. Almost as if an eating disorder isn't as big a deal as drug abuse and alcoholism, and Crystal can easily turn it on and off whenever she feels like it. 

Just gross, really.

They’ll all say they’re coming from a place of “deep concern” for Crystal’s health. It will most likely be another ambush. I’m already feeling sorry for Crystal. 

Can’t trust these shrews. At all. This is why I found Erika’s talk of purging and laxatives, and her comment on chicken nuggets so offensive — treating EDs as a joke, drunk or not. But, hey, Bravo — keep flashing that ED hotline number at show’s end…

• Sad 4
  • Applause 7
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Surrealist said:

Just gross, really.

Exactly. It breaks my heart for Crystal. She's been very open about having an ED. I'm sure she expected the cast to have comments/questions, but didn't predict them to be so insensitive. Even from this bunch, I would have expected more. Dealing with an eating disorder is painful. I've spoken about my own on here many times, but I've only told a few people IRL about it because all these years later, the topic still gets me emotional. They were among the most miserable years of my life. What Crystal really needs is loving support. I still remember how hurt she was when she said her feelings were irrelevant to the group. 

1 minute ago, RoseAllDay said:

They’ll all say they’re coming from a place of “deep concern” for Crystal’s health. It will most likely be another ambush. I’m already feeling sorry for Crystal. 

Can’t trust these shrews. At all. This is why I found Erika’s talk of purging and laxatives, and her comment on chicken nuggets so offensive — treating EDs as a joke, drunk or not. But, hey, Bravo — keep flashing that ED hotline number at show’s end…

The comment about laxatives was bad enough, but I cut Erika slack for that because I thought it sounded like she dealt with disordered eating of her own and thought she was being helpful in a misguided way. But then the chicken nuggets comment was literally treating her ED as a joke. If it only happened because she was drunk, once again, Erika needs to stop drinking. 

I hope Crystal has a lot of genuine support in her life. 

• Hugs 4
  • Love 11

This is upsetting.  I think they believe if Crystal posted on Instagram about her struggle, she has given them permission to discuss it in any way they want. Which is egregious and extremely presumptuous. The hypocrisy never fails to astound me. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Exactly. It breaks my heart for Crystal. She's been very open about having an ED. I'm sure she expected the cast to have comments/questions, but didn't predict them to be so insensitive. Even from this bunch, I would have expected more. Dealing with an eating disorder is painful. I've spoken about my own on here many times, but I've only told a few people IRL about it because all these years later, the topic still gets me emotional. They were among the most miserable years of my life. What Crystal really needs is loving support. I still remember how hurt she was when she said her feelings were irrelevant to the group. 

The comment about laxatives was bad enough, but I cut Erika slack for that because I thought it sounded like she dealt with disordered eating of her own and thought she was being helpful in a misguided way. But then the chicken nuggets comment was literally treating her ED as a joke. If it only happened because she was drunk, once again, Erika needs to stop drinking. 

I hope Crystal has a lot of genuine support in her life. 

It’s not in her genetic makeup to be helpful, or kind, or generous, or supportive, or…just because Crystal seemed to laugh it off does not mean that it didn’t hurt. Here’s hoping Crystal stands her ground. This show, though, always shows you what NOT to do when somebody else in your life is struggling. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8

What I'm waiting for is the scene that Bravo teased us with Erika screaming at Crystal "You are on the side of the victims because you think it's cool." This better not be one of those teasers that they throw out at the beginning of a season and then leave it out for some strange reason. But nothing that Bravo does shocks me when it comes to protecting the worst of the worst on these shows. 

• Mind Blown 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
On 8/9/2022 at 6:17 AM, Surrealist said:

This is exactly what I think will happen.

Especially since Bethanny and Carole pulled this nonsense with Jules. They were relentless in trying to hound her to reveal it and discuss it. There was no pretense of concern - it was actually vicious competitiveness. Jules was "skinniest" so they had to take her down.

I pretty much stopped watching RHoNY after that nastiness.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 11
On 8/9/2022 at 3:43 PM, charliesan said:

Also, I don't mean to be mean and correct me if I'm wrong but, I seem to remember in Lisa's first season she said she didn't visit her parents that often, I even think it was her daughters' first trip to see Lois and both of them were already teens.

I just rewatched that episode (S5E6 Medford 90210). Rinna talks about not feeling like she belonged in Medford, her daughters point out different fast food restaurants and ask if there are a lot of chub chubs. Lisa says, "I try to get back to Medford about once a year with the girls, and now more often because of my parents" (there's then discussion of her parents' age and failing health).

I'm not a fan of Rinna, but I think it's important to put the rumor to rest that she admitted to rarely visiting.

Edited by QQQQ
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Kyle is a maroon. I have the same issue with hypermobility and have learned that you never push your range of motion because  it causes so many problems down the road. If she was smart.....well yea this is Kyle, but if she was smart she would stop.

• Love 13
On 8/9/2022 at 3:43 PM, charliesan said:

Also, I don't mean to be mean and correct me if I'm wrong but, I seem to remember in Lisa's first season she said she didn't visit her parents that often, I even think it was her daughters' first trip to see Lois and both of them were already teens. It seemed to me that she since Lois was pretty much well liked by the fans that Lisa started to be more involved with her family AFTER she made it on the show. I bet she loved Lois and her dad a lot but her "grief" seems more like a storyline and an excuse rather than something she's legitimately feeling. Say what you want about Teresa but her relationship with her parents seemed 100% more genuine and you can clearly see there was a lot of love involved. 

Long story short: I don't buy it Rinna. 

Actually, NOBODY BUYS IT!!

• Applause 2
  • Love 8

I confess, I kinda had the same reaction as Kyle when I first heard of Homeless Not Toothless. Yes, health care, and access to it, is a huge concern in the homeless community. That name, though. But if it raises money, I guess I can’t knock it that much.

• Like 4
  • Love 7

Rinna and Erika…what an evil pair. 

1 minute ago, goofygirl said:

WHO IS THE SURPRISE GUEST?????

My guess: Boy George.  That seems to be the ONLY big name person PK knows!  

Unless it's Lisa VanderPump!  But no.... she'd never do it.

My money is on Asher.

• Like 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Oh no I turn in just in time for Asher's new song and what is with that stupid hat?

Why, oh why, do these people all wear hats indoors?  I mean, I don't know anyone who does that!  

16 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I think one of the reasons Diana wanted to be on this show was to promote Asher’s singing career. 

Yup....

15 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

"He's a child." Yeah, that's a great way to talk about your partner, Diana.

Proud mama - moved to Beverly Hills, got on the RHOBH, all to advance her boytoy's career.

13 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

Such as it is. Poor man’s Richard Marx.

So, instead of the requisite song release from a Housewife, we now have to deal with a song release from a "husband".  

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

PK bought Mo a dang gold chotski??  Or is it a WATCH??

Isn't it a belt buckle??  I feel like that was a thank you gift to Mauricio for something - like, maybe Mauricio helped PK out of a little jam involving a potential DUI??  Just speculating, here!  

• Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4