Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E14: Shameless Not Ruthless

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Me, too - along with a soft spot for LVP, Camille and in some ways, Kyle on RHOBH.  Although, my soft spot for Kyle is getting harder and harder lately.  

I was never ambivalent about LVP as I always liked her and still do. I thought she was funny and led a genuinely fabulous life.

Camille was pretty pretentious her first season with the comparison to Jesus and complaining about the 5000 square foot apartment. But I guess she also had a dose of reality when she was publicly humiliated by Grammar and subsequently became a real voice of reason - a bit like the Greek Chorus. 

Kyle has become absolutely loathsome since the departure of LVP.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 8
On 8/13/2022 at 6:30 AM, Slakkie said:

She is still close with the Faux Force Five (specifically Kyle which is where I think many of her opinions come from)plus she was just explaining how they do things on RHOBH.

She is tolerable on her pod - mostly I think because of Tamra.  Tamra makes Teddi tolerable and thats how these nuggets pop out.  Hell Teddi even stood up for Sutton last episode - I about fell out of my chair.

She also mentioned that RInna is upset that most of the ladies are not reaching out to her about Lois and that she is still butthurt about that.  It makes me wonder if this will make her rethink her general assholeness to LVP.  I am sure that it will not.

Rinna just wants CASSEROLES from EVERY SINGLE CAST MEMBER??  Would that make her nicer??  Hell to the naw, naw, naw!!!  She only knows one speed. BITCH.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, amarante said:

I was never ambivalent about LVP as I always liked her and still do. I thought she was funny and led a genuinely fabulous life.

Camille was pretty pretentious her first season with the comparison to Jesus and complaining about the 5000 square foot apartment. But I guess she also had a dose of reality when she was publicly humiliated by Grammar and subsequently became a real voice of reason - a bit like the Greek Chorus. 

Camille that first season was named the MOST hated housewife.. the public backlash she had was Fast and furious..but she did give us that dinner party from hell that NO ONE would forget …  her 2nd season she definitely came in a little softer with her tail between her legs 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Camille that first season was named the MOST hated housewife.. the public backlash she had was Fast and furious..but she did give us that dinner party from hell that NO ONE would forget …  her 2nd season she definitely came in a little softer with her tail between her legs 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

To his credit, he does sing better than the artist formerly known as Countess Luann DeLesseps. Ok, sure,... that and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee, but still, it's something (?)

Think about all the talented people out there that we will never know about because the pool is huge and chances of making it are nil, this guy gets national exposure and we still will never hear about him after this show is done.  That cup of coffee you speak of will be served by him at the local Starbucks once Diana is tired of her boy toy. 

I guess it was this show or an America's Got Talent situation for him.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Think about all the talented people out there that we will never know about because the pool is huge and chances of making it are nil, this guy gets national exposure and we still will never hear about him after this show is done.  That cup of coffee you speak of will be served by him at the local Starbucks once Diana is tired of her boy toy. 

I guess it was this show or an America's Got Talent situation for him.

He has scored a golden ticket for at least the next 18 years since they have a child together. 

He will get a nice settlement after the inevitable divorce and he will receive large child support payments.

There are many female performers (for example) who married and gave birth to a child with a relatively low level male and had to pay a lot during the divorce including large child support payments because the child is entitled to have the same standard of living at each spouse to a great extent. Think Kevin Federline and Britney although not completely analogous.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, amarante said:

He

There are many female performers (for example) who married and gave birth to a child with a relatively low level male and had to pay a lot during the divorce including large child support payments because the child is entitled to have the same standard of living at each spouse to a great extent. Think Kevin Federline and Britney although not completely analogous.

But when a guy ask for support he is a dirt bag who is living on HER money (I have no feelings one way or another about Kevin F but he does get dragged like Britney shouldn't be paying support for kids that are with Kevin 80% of the time ) but if it was flipped they would say NOTHING about him paying her support its just a funny double standard 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 4
On 8/11/2022 at 12:16 AM, Talented Tenth said:

I think it's gross that people are mocking Rinna's grief and making jokes about birds.  It's understandable not to like someone and/or their behavior, but clearly she loved her mother and is dealing with grief.  Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.  What if people on your facebooks, twitters and instagrams said nasty things about your grief just because they don't like you?

New to the internet??

• Like 1
  • Wink 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 14
On 8/14/2022 at 3:53 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

In my opinion, Lu thinks that she can sing. Erika knows she has no talent, but doesn’t give a f- - -. That’s what the widows’ and orphans’ funds are for: to pay for autotune, tickets, phony accolades, etc.

I watched RHUGT: Season One. When LuAnn sang "Money Can't Buy You Class," I was like 😬.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
10 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

I watched RHUGT: Season One. When LuAnn sang "Money Can't Buy You Class, I was like 😬.

You know who I get a kick out of more than Erika and LuAnn?

rhoa-kenya.gif

Iconic. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

But when a guy ask for support he is a dirt bag who is living on HER money (I have no feelings one way or another about Kevin F but he does get dragged like Britney shouldn't be paying support for kids that are with Kevin 80% of the time ) but if it was flipped they would say NOTHING about him paying her support its just a funny double standard 

I am not taking sides in terms of genders and what they deserve. 

However outside of the performing world it is relatively rare at this point for older fabulously wealthy women to marry significantly younger men so the issue of spawn guaranteeing a paycheck isn’t as prevalent. And of course men can breed until they are dead whereas at a certain age women can’t although surrogates are available for the wealthy. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
7 minutes ago, amarante said:

I am not taking sides in terms of genders and what they deserve. 

However outside of the performing world it is relatively rare at this point for older fabulously wealthy women to marry significantly younger men so the issue of spawn guaranteeing a paycheck isn’t as prevalent. And of course men can breed until they are dead whereas at a certain age women can’t although surrogates are available for the wealthy. 

Fair point ..I am just pointing out that a guy cant ask for financial help because the general public will call him a dirtbag ... I mean just look at twitter There is 101 things to dog Kevin about yes but saying he did nothing and she shouldn't pay for him caring for her kids is just funny to me .. like if it was flipped they would lose their freaking minds 

• Applause 2
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Fair point ..I am just pointing out that a guy cant ask for financial help because the general public will call him a dirtbag ... I mean just look at twitter There is 101 things to dog Kevin about yes but saying he did nothing and she shouldn't pay for him caring for her kids is just funny to me .. like if it was flipped they would lose their freaking minds 

I don't really follow current stuff on Federline. At this point he seems to have really stepped up to the plate and been an excellent father. It reminds me of the guy who fathered a kid with Anna Nicole Smith - he seems to have stepped out of the spotlight - taken the girl and done a great job of fathering. Of course, he wasn't in a relationship with Anna where anyone thought he was looking for a financial bonanza.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 8/11/2022 at 8:56 PM, ww92 said:

I didn't realize Asher was a child actor on Broadway. He does have a nice voice but I'm pretty sure his main job is to look good and keep Mama satisfied.

Well he's not doing a good job then, and I mean just in terms of looking good. He's an attractive guy but he has disastrous taste, then again I don't know Mama's kinks and style so what do I know? 

That scene when Asher was playing the piano and singing while Diana looks on has to be one of the fakest, cringiest and floppest moments on any HW franchise, even Melissa from NJ singing Amazing Grace while Joe "was "eavesdropping" seemed more natural and genuine, hell, compared to Diana and Asher, Joe and Melissa were the documentary version of 'A Star is Born.' 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Agree with you, but I think a lot of K-Fed's negativity comes from the fact that he was "tight" with Brit's dad, who controlled the purse strings. I take that to mean that he's probably getting more than what would have been awarded if Brit had an attorney during negotiations and/or renegotiations. After all, she's now claiming her Dad took a lot more money than he deserved...or should I say "earned"?

Disclaimer: I don't read everything on the internet about K-Fed. I get my info from ET and Extra 😁

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Money Can't Buy You Class

But it can buy Auto-Tune!

One can’t be taken seriously if they criticize someone for being nasty and mean the turn around and exhibit those same behaviors. 

Kind of sums up Rinna.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

No, but I want people to recognize their own hypocrisy.  One can’t be taken seriously if they criticize someone for being nasty and mean the turn around and exhibit those same behaviors. 

She is trying to leverage her mothers death for more screen time .. that’s  gross .. pointing that out isn’t nasty or mean  attempting to use someone’s death to get more air time and to deflect from her hideous behavior is 

but I do like our debates :) 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 9
19 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

No, but I want people to recognize their own hypocrisy.  One can’t be taken seriously if they criticize someone for being nasty and mean the turn around and exhibit those same behaviors. 

It depends upon whether the criticism is fact based. Rinna’s nastiness is not based on other people’s actions. 

• Applause 6
  • Love 4
On 8/11/2022 at 9:58 AM, Jel said:

I see a big difference between posting on a board that Rinna would have to actively seek out to read, and sending her a message to her Insta or Facebook or something.  And this is a snark board where we snark about people who have willingly put themselves on a tv show, people who intentionally seek out this kind of attention for money and fame.

I agree with this sentiment in general, but learned a lesson the hard way when a snide post I made on a previous version of this board was read aloud on camera to the person I wrote it about. Almost fell out of my chair and felt pretty sick about it. It was one of several mean things read to him and mine was particularly harsh. I think it hurt. And I regretted it, because it never occurred to me it would "get back" to him and sometimes things you put out into the world DO travel to unintended places. Hasn't made me an angel, but I have deleted things I've typed after careful consideration since then. 

That said, while I wouldn't go up to Rinna and accuse her of fake crying, if she accused me of being less than sympathetic I would not have a problem saying to her face that I sympathized with her loss but I wasn't convinced it was sincere *in the moment." 

I do cut her slack on accusations of not being "close" with her mother. Just because she didn't visit her often in the old home town doesn't mean that Lois/her dad didn't spend a great deal of time visiting THEM, vacationing together, etc. They seemed quite close to me, the kids didn't seem like strangers to her, and Lois seemed like an awesome lady.  I would never believe Rinna wasn't grieving, even as I thought she was manipulating that genuine grief for her own purposes.

On 8/11/2022 at 11:47 AM, Vanderboom said:

Also: Is Chicken Parm such a delicacy? I like it as much as anyone else, but these sophisticates were acting like its ambrosia from the gods.

It's cheese-laden carb-enveloped protein on a bed of carbs. If they only indulge at filmed events, that IS ambrosia from the gods. 

On 8/11/2022 at 5:12 PM, Feline Goddess said:

And what's with all the fangirling? Every time they encounter a (real) celebrity they act like it's the second coming of Christ. 

I think they're signaling how absolutely AMAZING their lives are, that real celebs might pop up in their AMAZING lives at any time. 

On 8/11/2022 at 6:15 PM, ichbin said:

Why was that nonsense about Melissa Etheridge?  She comes in for one song, a few photos, and then gets shown the door?  Why would she do that?   

A few hundred grand for 3 songs and she's home in bed by 9.  Do a few of those a year and it pays a lot of bills with no overhead and little effort.  

Edit: I was thinking of the price point of larger stars who do weddings/private parties. Etheredge probably isn't in that league, but assuming she's in town/near home, even $20-30k for minimal effort is worth stopping by somebody's house on your way out to/home from dinner. 

Edited by kassa
  • Love 12
On 8/15/2022 at 12:33 PM, amarante said:

He has scored a golden ticket for at least the next 18 years since they have a child together. 

He will get a nice settlement after the inevitable divorce and he will receive large child support payments.

Unless they already have an unbreakable pre-nup, whereby she gives him a big chunk of change and he signs away all rights to the child and just disappears from sight.

I just didn't get the whole conversation between Diana and Asher about having another child.  Diana is closing in on 50 years old.  Hormone shots and fertility treatments can wreak havoc on a younger woman's system and body, let alone someone who is more than likely perimenopausal.  I think her chances of conception are very low at this point, even with all the hormonal extra help. And that's not even taking into consideration the risks involved to herself and the child. 

She's already suffered from what sounded like a pretty severe miscarriage that took her a long while to bounce back from.  She has three healthy children - why risk that again, and why would Asher want her to risk that again?  Just makes no sense to me.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Surrealist said:

I still think Asher is a weirdo, but his singing in this episode sounded marginally better than his attempt at his makeshift Christmas-at-home concert.

That is because he was not doing a duet with Erika this time around.

13 hours ago, goofygirl said:

There's always a surrogate.  Diana could definitely afford a surrogate.

Can you imagine what a nightmare it would be for some surrogate to have Diana constantly calling or just interacting with that surrogate, just her talking would drive me crazy no matter what she was saying! 

I don't care how much money Diana has she really does come off as stupid.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I think we beat this episode to death :) thank god a new one is on tonight 

But will it be new? Are you telling me they won't be having the same fights as last time...are you telling me Sutton is suddenly popular and Rinna truly has moved on? 

You have hope where I do not.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

But will it be new? Are you telling me they won't be having the same fights as last time...are you telling me Sutton is suddenly popular and Rinna truly has moved on? 

Lol we can hope. Right? 

• Love 4

Okay - my last post on this episode.  That performance by Rinna was totally self-serving, self-preserving bullshit!!  

She knew she made a big fucking asshole of herself at Dorit's charity dinner and she was trying to cover up her screw up.

It's even worse watching the second time around.

This was the most over-the-top soap opera acting I've ever seen!!! 

• Applause 1
  • Love 12
On 8/14/2022 at 5:43 PM, amarante said:

I don't watch this drivel anymore BUT, Kyle has always been vile and loathsome, it's only that when she felt she was taking over LVPs 'top dog' spot that we saw that spotlight shine on her a bit more. She's always been that way.

8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

You know what they say, insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. That's why I had to stop watching all the BravHo iterations, they are all the exact same tripe, over and over and over.

Edited by gingerella
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
On 8/17/2022 at 8:06 PM, njbchlover said:

Okay - my last post on this episode.  That performance by Rinna was totally self-serving, self-preserving bullshit!!  

She knew she made a big fucking asshole of herself at Dorit's charity dinner and she was trying to cover up her screw up.

It's even worse watching the second time around.

This was the most over-the-top soap opera acting I've ever seen!!! 

It reminded me of the Rome breakfast with Denise. Fake, fake, fake.

She can turn her emotions off and on like they’re faucets. And people wonder why we call bullshit…

• Love 4
On 8/13/2022 at 2:52 PM, tranquilidade said:

So if the sauce thank you was not about Harry, which makes sense, then the comment about the tickets hurting him must not be true either.  Therefore, demanding she apologize publicly to Harry does not make any sense at all.  Rinna just keeps playing the victim card over and over and over with the 'why did you want to hurt me" BS. 

Rinna has a very questionable relationship to the truth.  She is gross.

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
On 8/16/2022 at 12:21 PM, kassa said:

I agree with this sentiment in general, but learned a lesson the hard way when a snide post I made on a previous version of this board was read aloud on camera to the person I wrote it about. Almost fell out of my chair and felt pretty sick about it. It was one of several mean things read to him and mine was particularly harsh. I think it hurt. And I regretted it, because it never occurred to me it would "get back" to him and sometimes things you put out into the world DO travel to unintended places. Hasn't made me an angel, but I have deleted things I've typed after careful consideration since then. 

That said, while I wouldn't go up to Rinna and accuse her of fake crying, if she accused me of being less than sympathetic I would not have a problem saying to her face that I sympathized with her loss but I wasn't convinced it was sincere *in the moment." 

I do cut her slack on accusations of not being "close" with her mother. Just because she didn't visit her often in the old home town doesn't mean that Lois/her dad didn't spend a great deal of time visiting THEM, vacationing together, etc. They seemed quite close to me, the kids didn't seem like strangers to her, and Lois seemed like an awesome lady.  I would never believe Rinna wasn't grieving, even as I thought she was manipulating that genuine grief for her own purposes.

I understand what you are saying, and I do try to keep my comments about behavior only. I probably fall short of that here and there, but in general, I try to stay away from comments about looks or weight or just any immutable characteristic. 

There was something about Rinna saying, (tearlessly) tearfully, that she had to figure out how to live without her mom that struck me as disingenuous. I wouldn't say that to her face, only to you all, in the metaphorical car on the metaphorical drive home.  But slipping on my armchair psychologist bifocals here, I'd say that Rinna probably has some regrets about her relationship with her mom. I doubt the family life was all that great, her sister had a drug problem that led to an OD, and that is major trauma, and Rinna left home quite young, escape style, imo. I'd bet there were lots of missed visits and phone calls, but that's just speculating.  "How am I going to live without my mom" I could believe from Kyle, or Kathy, who we know were extremely close to their mother, but from someone like Rinna, I'd have an easier time hearing her express regret for missed opportunities. That's just me though.

And then, I always keep in mind that this fame is something they have actively courted.  I am sure they'd like nothing but approval and compliments, but, have they met any people? Because that's not how the car ride home always goes.

But mostly, your story about hearing your comment read on tv!!?? Any details you care to provide about that one? Kinda dying to know!

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, Jel said:

But mostly, your story about hearing your comment read on tv!!?? Any details you care to provide about that one? Kinda dying to know!

Just a snide thing about the way one of the captains on Deadliest Catch looked in a particular episode. It wasn't just me because they built a whole segment on a reunion episode out of reading people's reactions to his look that night.  As I recall they read something from FB, maybe something from twitter, and my comment on TWOP. So at the very least the producers were monitoring fan discussions, if the show stars were not.

Fortunately they don't air those shows and that segment turned out to be hosted by a guy who was later arrested for sexual involvement with a 16 year old and has been erased from the show, so even if it turns up in some sort of rerun/DVD extra, they'll probably cut it.

• Mind Blown 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
On 8/14/2022 at 8:43 PM, amarante said:

I thought LVP made for great TV, but I didn't always like her.  She was honestly kind of shitty to Kyle back when they were supposed to be friends, kind of picking at her and making little jabs and then saying she was just joking.  I actually agreed with Kyle on that-- and I say this as someone who doesn't even particularly like Kyle! 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ladle said:

I thought LVP made for great TV, but I didn't always like her.  She was honestly kind of shitty to Kyle back when they were supposed to be friends, kind of picking at her and making little jabs and then saying she was just joking.  I actually agreed with Kyle on that-- and I say this as someone who doesn't even particularly like Kyle! 

Same. Kyle was awful to Vanderpump when she needed friends the most, but Vanderpump wasn’t always kind either. The stuff with Mauricio season 4 was particularly gross. For some reason Kyle always gets heat for her wrongs, but few viewers see Vanderpump’s shadiness. 

Back to topic, maybe I need to rewatch the episode, but I didn’t think Asher’s singing was bad. Perhaps I was too distracted by drunk Erika. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ladle said:

Well "like" in the sense that I enjoyed watching her on screen - thought she was smart and funny.

In terms of "liking" the housewives in the sense you are using - almost none that I can think of - Garcelle I genuinely "like" in that sense as I think she is a decent human being who doesn't seem to want or need to manipulate the story lines in a mean spirited way in order to get screen time. Perhaps it is because she could walk away from the show tomorrow and still have a genuine career versus the standard D list celebrity-hood of the other housewives. 

I am running through the various franchises and while I could say "kind" things about them, I can't say I "like" them. For example, I think Kyle must have been a great mother because all of her girls (so far) have behaved appropriately unlike some of the spawn which either have criminal records or at best like Rinna's daughters are wannabe model/actresses. I say wannabe because neither of them really has the looks, the talent or the drive to be not manning the cash register at Walmart if they weren't born to Rinna and Harry.

• Love 6

few viewers see Vanderpump’s shadiness. 

LVP makes good TV, especially as a stealth villain.

The thing about her on this show is that she rarely ever seemed to treat her "friends" as equals. She always had to the be the alpha and her "friends" as the beta sidekick.

I think Kyle must have been a great mother

That is one redeeming quality Kyle seems to have.

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, amarante said:

Well "like" in the sense that I enjoyed watching her on screen - thought she was smart and funny.

Oh, that's fair. I like LVP in that sense too! Honestly, the swan moat alone made her TV gold.

1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Back to topic, maybe I need to rewatch the episode, but I didn’t think Asher’s singing was bad.

Oh, I didn't think it was "bad" either--not in the sense that he's a "bad" singer (though I don't have a musical ear). I just thought it was cheesy and eye-rollingly self-promotional. Diana: "I just love when I'm walking through the house and I randomly stumble across Asher playing the piano [while cameras happen to be poised and rolling]." LOLOL.

10 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Honestly, both Kyle and Dorit seem like excellent moms. I begrudgingly love Dorit's kids. And I really liked Kyle on UGT, which is also confusing! 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, amarante said:

In terms of "liking" the housewives in the sense you are using - almost none that I can think of - Garcelle I genuinely "like" in that sense as I think she is a decent human being who doesn't seem to want or need to manipulate the story lines in a mean spirited way in order to get screen time. Perhaps it is because she could walk away from the show tomorrow and still have a genuine career versus the standard D list celebrity-hood of the other housewives. 

I am running through the various franchises and while I could say "kind" things about them, I can't say I "like" them. For example, I think Kyle must have been a great mother because all of her girls (so far) have behaved appropriately unlike some of the spawn which either have criminal records or at best like Rinna's daughters are wannabe model/actresses. I say wannabe because neither of them really has the looks, the talent or the drive to be not manning the cash register at Walmart if they weren't born to Rinna and Harry.

Yes, Garcelle is one of the few women on these shows I'd want to be friends with. I also really like Stephanie Hollman on Dallas. 

57 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

LVP makes good TV, especially as a stealth villain.

The thing about her on this show is that she rarely ever seemed to treat her "friends" as equals. She always had to the be the alpha and her "friends" as the beta sidekick.

Agree. She's fabulous TV and has lots of wonderful qualities, but that is a very annoying quality for a friend. Who wants a friend that thinks they're above you?

Kyle does seem like a wonderful mother. 

48 minutes ago, ladle said:

Oh, that's fair. I like LVP in that sense too! Honestly, the swan moat alone made her TV gold.

Oh, I didn't think it was "bad" either--not in the sense that he's a "bad" singer (though I don't have a musical ear). I just thought it was cheesy and eye-rollingly self-promotional. Diana: "I just love when I'm walking through the house and I randomly stumble across Asher playing the piano [while cameras happen to be poised and rolling]." LOLOL.

Honestly, both Kyle and Dorit seem like excellent moms. I begrudgingly love Dorit's kids. And I really liked Kyle on UGT, which is also confusing! 

Me too. Dorit's kids are so adorable. They look cute, act cute, say funny things, just so precious. 

Kyle on UGT was indeed likable. Not sure if it's because she didn't feel pressure to carry drama and keep her job, less alcohol, what it was. But she was sweet, a reasonable voice, just very lovely. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

😱😱 God help me but even Teresa appeared to be sane in the UGT. 

I assume the women are able to relax because they don’t have to worry about creating drama or carry the show. 

Perhaps it is more equivalent to interacting when the company brings together various divisions for a retreat and you aren’t actively competing with the other divisions  🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Dorinda wasn’t able to hold it together for even that time span.

There are some housewives that are so loathsome like Diana that they aren’t even fun to watch.  Erika has also descended to that level whereas in her early seasons she was interesting to watch even though she wasn’t at all likable. Teddi was both boring and unpleasant although she doesn’t cause the same kind of visceral loathing as I have for the reptilian Diana. 

I do agree thst whether it is Nannie’s or Dorit, her children seem lovely without being self consciously precious. The unteraction between Dorit and her daughter with the skates was charming. Of course the question remains as to how anyone could actually want PK as a spouse as he seems like a degenerate gambling grifter.

Edited by amarante
  • Applause 3
17 hours ago, ladle said:

Diana to Camera Person: Could you position off to the side over there before I walk into the room?

• Wink 1
  • LOL 2
16 hours ago, amarante said:

Erika has also descended to that level whereas in her early seasons she was interesting to watch even though she wasn’t at all likable.

all of this .. I used to be the biggest Erika Stan up until the Denise thing .. like I was ride or die if you look back on some of the threads from her earlier season ... she was mean but not in a vicious way then she just lost her god damn mind and went nasty for just nasty sake 

• Applause 2
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

all of this .. I used to be the biggest Erika Stan up until the Denise thing .. like I was ride or die if you look back on some of the threads from her earlier season ... she was mean but not in a vicious way then she just lost her god damn mind and went nasty for just nasty sake 

I don't think she went *nasty* for just the sake of being nasty.

I think since the whole Girardi scandal she has shown her more authentic self as her stress level has objectively risen and of course she was using her venom in an attempt to deflect her issues. If she scared people into not discussing the issues AND also made Sutton's *normal* behavior seem abnormal, then she would have succeeded.

I think until the whole house of cards fell around her she was enjoying her Faustian bargain in terms of what Girardi's money had gotten her. Whether Girardi was "mean" in terms of what she is now claiming it obviously was not a marriage of love - she married him for his money and for many years had to be the loyal wife.

I think this year she is more out of control because of the drinking. I don't think she is faking the drunkeness as I think she has been completely out of control at times. I also don't think it is the combination of anti-depressants and alcohol -  I think it is the sheer amount of drinks she has in a short period of time. I think on one of the episodes BRAVO was numbering the wine glasses she was having and even without drugs most people would be reeling especially since these women don't eat that much.

I am not a pharmacist but I don't think anti-depressants have the same kind of systemic neurological slowdown as the opioids do. Most of the modern ones rely on SSR uptakes and aren't just sedatives to mask your feelings like back in the 1960's when women were routinely prescribed "mother's little helpers" for any kind of mood disorder. 

Edited by amarante
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5