Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E06: No Head Wife

Pallas
  • Start Topic

So many thoughts...

1. Does anyone else remember that Dan Seals song from the 80's called "Addicted?" I can just see Meri, Christine and/or Janelle sobbing in the shower singing that to themselves. 

2.  The fact no one knew the rules until 6 months in tells you just how connected these people are. They aren't.

3. I sincerely hope Christine, Janelle and their kids are truly connected and stay that way. They are the only people I can tolerate. 

4. What the eff are Robyn's older kids doing all during this time? Just outside blowing bubbles with the chosen children, Sol and Ari?

5. I can't believe no one has commented on how Kodouche and Sobbyn say "protocol" more like "protocull." And cull it has...the herd that is. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 20
5 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

I think he looks like a petulant child. 

Yup... my 5-year-old daughter looked exactly like that, when I told her "No" today!

3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Oh, right. Because two adult parents who are stuck in the house all day with nothing to do needed help with the schooling. These are very small children, how difficult could it be to home school at their ages?

Well...If Mykelti's spelling, the wives' written posts without proof reading and Kodouche's stupid decisions over time give us any idea of what those people are capable of intellectually......I'd say go get that nanny!! 

Edited by LilyD
Punctuation issues
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, LilyD said:

@Sasha888 ah come on!! First Meri and her banana adventures and now Robyn’s adventures as an essential worker? I’m a visual thinker…. 😵💫😂😂😂

I have to point these things out to you and anybody else who might be tempted to give these creeps the benefit of the doubt...lest you go around thinking he took her all the way to the Scottsdale Victoria's Secret just to buy her a chaste little pair of new slippers. 😂

• LOL 20

When Ysabel was shown laying in the hospital bed right after surgery, she looked like a combination of Aspyn + Mykelti! You sure can tell they are sisters!

I think Kody was so mad this episode because he can feel they are losing this TLC show and they will have to figure out what to do for money soon. Each older kid who flees the show is making them less watchable, as you can plainly see for their new later 9 PM Central timeslot!

Hiring the nanny and her husband is just inane. If Robin can't handle running her household she should have bought a smaller place. They do not NEED that place. And Kody saying his "doctor" set up those Covid rules indicates he actually has a doctor AND INSURANCE???? I call bs on that.

This Covid lifestyle has drawn my attention to plenty of safety practices for sure. I never IN MY LIFETIME thought of wiping down mail or groceries before. Call me crazy but I still wipe off certain food items brought into my house. Even after they said it is not necessary, I still wipe around the handles and spouts of milk and yogurt and cottage cheese etc. yet not paper things like mail or cereal boxes because I have personally seen hubby licking the edges of a yogurt. We did not get sick for 2 flu seasons! Also, I still do not feel safe eating inside or being in a car with others even after having the vaccines. Keeping the faith we don't get sick (from anything) here! 

• Love 16

A lot of people with anxiety disorders or a tendency toward hysteria and catastrophizing have gone over the edge with this thing; apparently either Kody or Robyn (or both) are among them OR it's a convenient excuse to avoid socializing with the family...

Didn't Meri also go to conventions and/or on cruises with Lularoe, or was that pre-pandemic?

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Didn't Meri also go to conventions and/or on cruises with Lularoe, or was that pre-pandemic?

My understanding is that she's been to events like this, yes.

I don't think Meri would miss a single looney Lula pep rally or cruise, for all her crying about "family".

She's just drumming up a bunch of sympathy in this episode with all of her crying, but it's the usual Meri/Victim nonsense. The truth is she was just sitting there with nothing to do for a few months because her LuLaNo cult meetings were cancelled for awhile. As soon as they started holding events again, I bet she was at them with bells on.

Similarly, if Kody tried to box her into a corner with similar ultimatum that he's giving J & C - to stop seeing Mariah - he'd get the same response he's getting from those two. He just didn't give her that ultimatum because he has no interest in even trying to go over to her house.

• Love 12

Yawn….I used to watch soap operas and the main draw was that they were made up people, in make believe towns, y’know, fiction.  I think some people referred to them as their “stories”.

This is being sold as “reality”, even listed here in the Candid Reality section, but in truth it is following the soap opera style which is characterized by a permanent cast, a continuing story, emphasis on dialogue instead of action, a slower-than-life pace, and a consistently sentimental or melodramatic treatment.

They are all just playing roles.  None of them are good at acting. I can’t get emotionally involved to feel sorrow or anger for any of the adults.  Main reason? They all went into this arrangement submitting to the authority of ONE man fathering as many kids as they could pump out with their eyes wide open, knowing full well only one of the wives could be “legal”, the rest will be single mothers for the most part and none wanted to ever have him full time.  They got exactly what they paid for as Kody reminds us/them every episode.

The writers of this shitshow soap opera should watch some Disney flicks for inspirational pointers~The Mouse has pulling heartstrings down to a science.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Newmy said:

This is a great point and I almost had forgotten about how they used to interview the kids directly on the couch. I wonder why they don’t do this anymore? Now more than ever I’d LOVE to hear their perspective on things. 

I would love to hear Caleb's point of view on how Kody has treated Ysabel.  Maybe Caleb could get Kody to realize how horribly awful he has been to Ysabel.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, HahYallDoin said:

If Kody or Sobbyn had an ounce of care in their bodies, they’d have made certain Sol, Ari and Truely had each other’s company from the beginning of Covid. Truely is the only one of the local children, besides S&A, who was young enough to not feel a huge urge to get outside of the home to hang with friends/work and would have happily stayed home for 2 weeks from the get go if that meant she could see Sol and Ari routinely. It would have helped those 2 children as well.

Exactly this. And if K/R were concerned about Truely's exposure to her sisters who might have been socializing outside the house, they could still have had many fun outdoor get-togethers all spring, summer and fall - and snowshoeing-type expeditions even in winter. Masks and all. I live in NYC in a neighborhood where most kids have been wearing masks since the beginning of this mess. Children as young as 3 or 4 seemed to adjust very quickly. Even now I'll see a small child with a mask on, accompanying a parent who is not wearing their mask on the street. Of course these are mostly cloth masks, which with Omicron do not seem to be effective enough. But I'm sure that with the right parental encouragement, all three of the youngest Brown children would have been happy to wear them if it meant they could play together outdoors. For a little girl like Ari, all you have to do is make it seem like a fashion accessory - get patterns and colors to match different outfits and so forth.

I'm preaching to the choir here. These selfish people (K&R) actively wanted to keep their kids away from Truely - and from Christine's older girls as well.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Teafortwo said:

And if K/R were concerned about Truely's exposure to her sisters who might have been socializing outside the house, they could still have had many fun outdoor get-togethers all spring, summer and fall - and snowshoeing-type expeditions even in winter. Masks and all.

1 hour ago, Teafortwo said:

I'm preaching to the choir here. These selfish people (K&R) actively wanted to keep their kids away from Truely - and from Christine's older girls as well.

Agree - though Christine was adamant about visiting "inside." That was her main point. She didnt seem to want more outside visitation either. I rewatched it several times and she said repeatedly that families shouldn't socially distance. She requested a list of rules "like the nanny's" which would allow her children to visit inside.  I kept scratching my head and wondering why they didn't do more outside things together because we saw them do a few - they knew how. The issue seemed to be that  Christine was not willing to limit travel and quarantine after visiting with Aspen, Paedon, Mykelti... as she had been visiting them frequently the whole time.

And Robyn or Kody also made ZERO effort to try to facilitate some compromises. It baffles me. Why didnt Kody have more communication and connection with his children? 

None of these adults were willing to meet in the middle for the sake of the "family." 

56 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

I want to know which kid called Robyn to ask about rules and seeing each other. And having now watched the episode, I can say with certainty that this family's problems are not about Covid

Absolutely agree. This family was already broken before Covid. And I initially thought Hunter or Gabe but I think it was one of Christine's adult children after rewatch. Christine said it had come up in her family about Robyn. So maybe Aspyn.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, kicotan said:

Yawn….I used to watch soap operas and the main draw was that they were made up people, in make believe towns, y’know, fiction.  I think some people referred to them as their “stories”.

This is being sold as “reality”, even listed here in the Candid Reality section, but in truth it is following the soap opera style which is characterized by a permanent cast, a continuing story, emphasis on dialogue instead of action, a slower-than-life pace, and a consistently sentimental or melodramatic treatment.

They are all just playing roles.  None of them are good at acting. I can’t get emotionally involved to feel sorrow or anger for any of the adults.  Main reason? They all went into this arrangement submitting to the authority of ONE man fathering as many kids as they could pump out with their eyes wide open, knowing full well only one of the wives could be “legal”, the rest will be single mothers for the most part and none wanted to ever have him full time.  They got exactly what they paid for as Kody reminds us/them every episode.

The writers of this shitshow soap opera should watch some Disney flicks for inspirational pointers~The Mouse has pulling heartstrings down to a science.

To a degree I’m with you but as someone who watches more candid reality than Joseph  Smith intended I have to say- we are getting some good footage this season.

The only fakery I see is Meri, which is pathetic. And I gagged a bit when Janelle said each year she feels stronger- or similar.  Christine is done- and Kody is done with plural marriage. If these asshats hadn’t signed onto TLC they’d probably be thriving as a family. 

Robyn for sure is the actress though. Her eyebrows and her words deceive. She really thinks the viewers are stupid.  But the entire breakdown of the family, sadly, seems very real. 

Kody is miserable- I say- even with Robyn. When you’re in love and happy you’re not constantly an asshole with a face of death and words  of  venom.  Christine even saw it with Tony and his volcano of yellow diarrhea- they talk and laugh- foreign words when you know Kody.  So enjoy Robyn!  He’s all yours!

• Love 20
40 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

Dumb question, but when did Kody get Covid?

He mentioned it in a Cameo video he did for a paying customer (CA$127 ~US$100 personal, CA$538 ~US$420 for business) who posted it. I cannot wait to find out when and how it happened. He'll probably blame the non-Robyn kids & moms. Or he could be lying.

The rules are odd because one says stay home, another says pick-up junk food is fine as long as you don't sit down inside.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, sheshark said:

Except he got Covid.

Kodouchey got covid?  I didn't know that....where was that stated!? It went right by me 🤔                            (oh sorry, I just read the post above about it...oops...my bad)

Edited by suev3333
Didn't read all comments before posting
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Kody saying Janelle's boys are "adult men" and should be on their own makes me crazy. And I wish Janelle would have taken up for them, and said "why don't you come over - sit outside and have a discussion with YOUR SONS!    Tell them how you feel, how you want them to move out .    One is working, hard - and the other is going to school so what exactly do you expect them to do?   Where do you want them to live?   Coward won't do a face to face.    

He obviously doesn't care - has no interest in anything other than a quick sit on the porch visit with his other wives- nothing that would include being romantically involved, or worse, expecting to have real conversations about the wife's well being.   

Christine is out.  If to help pay for Robyn's house, and her "staff" Kody decided to sell Coyote Pass Janelle would leave too.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
On 12/26/2021 at 9:20 PM, jacksgirl said:

Hey Kody - My young adult son got covid fall 2020. Know what we did? Drove daily to see him, delivered groceries to his porch and talked with him through a window. We made it work because family is important. You're a sad, sorry excuse for a father and a man. You go Christine, hope Jenelle follows.

My son got COVID fall 2020 at college, NAU.  We brought him home to take care of him because that's what parents do.  Made him soup and other meals, took him to family doctor for treatment, helped with medications, watched TV with him, etc. You can't care for a sick loved one through a window. My husband and I are over 60 but care for our son more than ourselves. We never got COVID or any symptoms. Son was 100% in three days. 

No one in Arizona was following Kody's "protcols" in October 2020. By then masks were gone in most places and everything was open, no restrictions. Kody was using the "protocols " as an excuse to isolate Christine,  Janelle and Meri. Let's face it, he doesn't give a crap about them or their kids. Now he has a convenient excuse to ignore them. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
48 minutes ago, toodywoody said:

So where did the Covid come from if he was still following all his doctor's guidelines? 

And why are Robyn's kids the only ones who can't go 2 weeks without their precious father but all the others can and have? 

It's in the air.  Can't avoid air even with masks, distancing, etc.  Stop breathing is only answer.  CDC just said everyone will get COVID. Can't avoid it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

Also, Robyn saying that Sol and Ari could not be away from Kody for two weeks, but it is okay for him to be away from his other kids for two weeks.

that was outright disrespectful considering some of the other kids don't see him for  6-8 months during all that.  I figure the kids spend more time with Kody and the Nanny than with Robyn,  Remember she sleeps all day

Edited by crimson23
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11
16 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

Speaking of Kody, the man really just needs his ass whipped. I don't care if he "works out" in the garage while listening to Beethoven or whatever, I'm pretty sure I could handle him, as could most men. Somebody just needs to take one for the team, and go knock that smug, egotistical smirk off of his face. 

As a rule, I don't condone violence. However,  if you were acting as Ysabel's surrogate, I world make an exception. Totally justified. 

It's heartbreaking to listen to how poorly Kody treats her. He just doesn't care. And he does this so publicly on national TV.  What a disgrace! She has every right to be bitter and resentful and Kody know is. 

• Love 18