Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E06: No Head Wife

Pallas
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Overall this show is hard to follow. The timelines are messed up and everyone's "retelling" is skewed. It seems as if they want us to believe they NEVER talked without the cameras there - which we know is probably not the case for some of them.

Yesterday, I accidentally stumbled upon some articles about 90 days fiancee. It was about that creepy guy Mark who married a Philippino girl (Nikki) who was 40 years his junior... Apparently, they sued TLC over the show and the footage claiming it wasn't truthful and just drama.

Their claim was denied because their contract specifically stated that there was no acting or scripted lines involved but TLC had the right to cut all footage into (tiny) pieces and could stick them back anyway they saw fit, thus creating any story arc they liked. So, they had basically signed away all rights they had about how they were depicted on the show.  I'm guessing the Browns have similar clauses in their contract which would explain the messed up, contradicting scenes and the incorrect time-lines. 

I discussed Christopher Marlowe's Doctor Faustus with one of my pupils the other day. He sold his soul to the devil in exchange of 24-years of earthly power (basically Mephistophilis granting any wish from Faustus) It feels like the Browns did that; sell your soul and dignity for a yearly pay check and some fame... It seems like a bad deal if you ask me...

• Useful 4
  • Love 20
7 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

Hey now, a blow job is a job!

Robyn is an essential worker, doing jobs that no other woman in America wants to do, of course she needs a nanny. Girl should get hazard pay besides!

(okay I'll stop) 🤣

@Sasha888 ah come on!! First Meri and her banana adventures and now Robyn’s adventures as an essential worker? I’m a visual thinker…. 😵💫😂😂😂

II’m starting to feel sick and I’m sure that’s not from over-eating over the past few days! Maybe it’s the Brown Bananas in the kitchen🤔

• LOL 11
1 hour ago, MsMalin said:

Before I read anyone else's comments I just want to say that Kody looked like a serial killer .

A couple of years ago someone posted side-by-side pics of Charles Manson & Kootie.  The similarity extends - Manson as far as we know did not do the killing himself, he manipulated his women to do it (and some of his male followers, which Kootie doesn't have). Kootie lets Robyn and the other wives alienate and destroy each other so he hasn't had to ... until now.

Before Covid, Kootie would drop by Christine's & sit in a chair in the corner (probably texting with Robyn). That may have been why Ysabel jumped into the Xmas tree - to get his attention, since the girls, their puppy and visiting Paedon were being ignored.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 21
13 hours ago, toodywoody said:

They all should be asking why she needs a nanny when Christine never needed one and was raising both her and Janelle's kids. Robyn only has two not even little ones to look after, why the hell does she need a nanny when she doesn't work. Why is she incapable of taking care of two of her own kids. 

I was wondering that too.  It sounds very strange to take any risk of bringing in a non household member during height of covid, for an unnecessary service.  No matter how safe they claim to be.  Unless, there’s something about Robyn that we don’t know….is she sick, capable of housework and childcare?  What’s the deal?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Kody thinks he is the smartest person in any room. To anyone that meets him it is instantly apparent that he is an idiot who is unable to think for himself and cares very little for his wives and children.

I think they have a nanny because Kody doesn’t want to be bothered by his two youngest children.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
26 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

I think he looks like a petulant child. 

YES!!!!

Waaaa!!  I am not getting my way!!!  Waaaaa!  I am going to hold my breath til I turn blue!!!

7 minutes ago, lilysmom said:

I think it speaks to how these women have been brainwashed over the years that when Kody mentioned Christine's 2 week vacation in NJ, neither Christine nor the other 2 wives said, "Hey, wait a minute, taking a child to NJ from Arizona, quarantining for 2 weeks, and preparing her for major surgery is NO vacation. Spending the next 4 weeks consoling a child in constant pain and getting her home to Arizona is NO vacation." But no one contradicted him. This "marriage" reeks of being a cult to me!

THANK YOU!!!  I thought the very same thing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

I was curious to see what the "public" reaction to this episode would be since obviously we're all supposed to think Kody and Robyn are despicable for imposing these rules on the family, yet I personally know so many who are still JUST like this: leaving their mail sitting outside for days lest it contaminate them (even our library still leaves books "in quarantine" before processing), wiping down purchases, refusing to go even outdoors in the fresh air without a mask, some refusing to leave the house at all -- using DoorDash and other deliveries.

Needless to say, I'm one of the "careless" ones who errs more on the side of living my life (Team Christine and Janelle), and I find K&R and those like them absurd...

Interesting if Meri has REALLY been isolating all this time and still didn't merit an invite to interact with the two family members who actually love her (S&A), and sad to see how alienated she is from Robyn, her former BFF and partner in crime.

As for Robyn, it's always fascinating to see her (oh, yeah; not) pulling the strings!

• Love 23

My two cents.  I think Kodouchcanoe & Sobbyn were BOTH being quite defensive about these "covid rules" they'd put into place.  And hadn't revealed said "rules" until 7 months later.

The  words that kept sticking in my craw were "family CULTURE"....  What IS that exactly?  And the other "protocol"....  Like this family is some State Dept. group that have to recognize certain rules; like calling Kodouche "Your royal highness" and bowing and scraping before Sobbyn AND her nanny.

Ugh.  These people are just gross and nasty.

• Love 19

Christine and Robyn were concerned with Meri living alone and isolating, how it would have driven them crazy to be alone all the time. So now she can visit Robyn and her kids.

I thought Meri's mother was living with her. Meri was worried about her running the B&B so they swapped with Mariah and Audrey. (I guess at this point Mariah and Audrey are still at the B&B.

And of course she still has her friends on the internet.....

• Love 5
6 hours ago, LilyD said:

Yesterday, I accidentally stumbled upon some articles about 90 days fiancee. It was about that creepy guy Mark who married a Philippino girl (Nikki) who was 40 years his junior... Apparently, they sued TLC over the show and the footage claiming it wasn't truthful and just drama.

Their claim was denied because their contract specifically stated that there was no acting or scripted lines involved but TLC had the right to cut all footage into (tiny) pieces and could stick them back anyway they saw fit, thus creating any story arc they liked. So, they had basically signed away all rights they had about how they were depicted on the show.  I'm guessing the Browns have similar clauses in their contract which would explain the messed up, contradicting scenes and the incorrect time-lines. 

I discussed Christopher Marlowe's Doctor Faustus with one of my pupils the other day. He sold his soul to the devil in exchange of 24-years of earthly power (basically Mephistophilis granting any wish from Faustus) It feels like the Browns did that; sell your soul and dignity for a yearly pay check and some fame... It seems like a bad deal if you ask me...

Agree. I rewatched this again last night and the entire thing really makes no sense. None of the important questions get asked. No solutions or compromises are offered. I spent countless hours - daily!-  in discussion and negotiation with family and friends in 2020. These Browns seem to not even text each other? They don't talk at all unless they have some vague confrontational meetings? We've seen that they know how to do outside visits - why weren't they doing these ALL the time? Why does Robyn need a nanny? Is she ill? Did someone in that house have a baby that we don't know about? So much is left unsaid - drives me crazy! Choices: 1)this family broke a long time ago - and as such their family really doesn't talk to one another  2) TLC is having them re enact parts of their lives to show the viewers 3) heavy editing is in play

• Love 16
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I was wondering that too.  It sounds very strange to take any risk of bringing in a non household member during height of covid, for an unnecessary service.  No matter how safe they claim to be.  Unless, there’s something about Robyn that we don’t know….is she sick, capable of housework and childcare?  What’s the deal?  

I can easily see Robyn being completely unable to deal with on-line school.  The schools had pretty rigid schedules, and I'm sure the younger kids preferred to run around and play.  Robyn went crying to Kody, "I'm overwhelmed".   And, honestly, I don't think either Robyn or Kody are smart enough to handle the mental demands of really teaching the younger kids.    They probably didn't tell anyone because it would go against the "protocol", but also any of the other wives would feel free to hire help.   And expense solely reserved for Robyn.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
Spoiler

I think Meri's mother died recently.

29 minutes ago, barshi50 said:

Christine and Robyn were concerned with Meri living alone and isolating, how it would have driven them crazy to be alone all the time. So now she can visit Robyn and her kids.

I thought Meri's mother was living with her. Meri was worried about her running the B&B so they swapped with Mariah and Audrey. (I guess at this point Mariah and Audrey are still at the B&B.

And of course she still has her friends on the internet.....

Edited by lilysmom
14 hours ago, gabyzee said:

I can’t believe I’m even saying this, but I have to side with Kody and Robyn on this one.

A lot of us made sacrifices during 2020, and I can assure you NOBODY in my family were jetting all over the country to visit relatives who didn’t follow any COVID protocols. And that’s what both Christine and Janelle were doing the entire year. It seemed to me that unless it was the hospital-required lockdown before Ysabel’s surgery, they were barely following any of the CDC guidelines – and neither were their kids – and yet they’re the first ones whining when things can’t just be like they normally are. Nope, I had zero patience for people like that in 2020, and I still have zero patience for people like that going into 2022. And you better believe I wouldn’t have invited ANY of them into my home.

I’m with you. I am still extremely careful but until I got vaxxed I was pretty well crazed with following rules. And because of the initial terror I felt, I was slow to let go of certain protocols, even as the CDC revised them. I don’t think Kody and Robyn were out of line for having rules  BUT by Oct 2020 I think they could have figured out ways to socialize safely. but they didn’t want to. It sounds like Kody didn’t even speak to kids by phone. And it seems clear now that he really was just about to have an excuse to avoid his huge burden of a family.

Well before Covid they were all complaining about no one made the effort to get together - ever since they’d moved to Flagstaff. Now he has a convenient excuse. And I think he was happy to let Robyn be the scapegoat. He looked mighty angry that he had to defend her last night. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 16
On 12/27/2021 at 12:07 PM, barshi50 said:

I thought Meri's mother was living with her.

Her mother passed away last year. 

On 12/27/2021 at 11:29 AM, spacefly said:

They did say she was helping with schooling the littles. I am pretty sure neither of the adults are capable of elementary school work so maybe she is really filling a need.

Oh, right. Because two adult parents who are stuck in the house all day with nothing to do needed help with the schooling. These are very small children, how difficult could it be to home school at their ages? How lazy and entitled are these two. 

I have to say I'm not sure Janelle can make it on her own. She has no $$$. Christine made a nice profit on the sale of the Flag house and she does other promotional things and is still involved in LulaNo. Meri has the B&B, and LulaNo. Janelle has nothing to fall back on. She better get those green houses going! Same for Robyn, what has she been doing? No businesses, no nothing. They bought that monstrosity that they can't afford so if she and Kody split they would get very little from that. She is stuck! She can wallow in her bad decisions and continue to pretend to be happy with her King!  

Edited by bichonblitz
I meant Janelle has nothing to fall back on, not Christine
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

This family is over.  It fell apart with either the arrival to Las Vegas or the arrival of Robin.  Maybe Kody pretended for a while but its over.

I am curious about how any income funds are divided up among the four homes?  Remember when Meri had the family discussions about funding the B&B and kody said all monies were assigned to family needs.

surely the family funds are not finding Robyns mcmansion or the nanny?  Everything in that family is off tilt!

I'm pretty sure the only thing keeping them all there is the show.  This season has been pretty interesting.  I wonder if they will be able to hold Sister Wives together even though they are pretty much  divided.  

The show must go on!

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, all4mom2 said:

Interesting if Meri has REALLY been isolating all this time and still didn't merit an invite to interact with the two family members who actually love her (S&A), and sad to see how alienated she is from Robyn, her former BFF and partner in crime.

Mariah & Audj came & stayed with her for a week or two after they left Chicago. Then Meri went up to the BnB & brought Bonnie back with her, M&A stayed at the BnB, all in the two weeks before Kootie stopped by.  He assumed Mariah had been quarantining with Meri for two weeks awaiting his visit.  Did he send them a copy of the rules? (Meri didn't see them until the 6-month mark).  If Kootie had been talking to or facetiming his kids and wives as often as he has claimed, why didn't he know what they were up to?

Meri's mother passed away this year - in March 2021, so she was alive when this episode was filmed. But Bonnie didn't die in Flagstaff or Parowan, so perhaps she was living with another of her relatives at the time.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 12

These "rules" are from the constantly shifting CDC recommendations of early 2000. 

I early retired from the health field 7 years ago. Because of my training with universal precautions, I carefully considered every recommendation. My ex had to work in a machinist shop with men that didn't gaf. I took that into consideration, along with my personal risk factors, diabetes, fibromyalgia RA, then disinfected accordingly. 

As the virus surged in my neck of the woods, I did curbside grocery pickup. I have paperless billing, so no problem. I drove to our little  downtown and watched maskless locals shopping and goofin around. 

I had to make two 650mi round-trip between Nov 2000 and March 2021. Gloves masks hand sanitizer, packed my snacks, saniwiped what gloves touched. I moved those 650 miles in June, where Delta surged.

I'm alive, and have not tested positive the 4x I've tested.. I have forgotten a mask a couple of times, so I hadda just go for it. It can be done. It's offensive to watch KROByn insinuate Janelle and Christine are not following guidelines.

Kody, go suck a marshmallow. 

Robyn, update your 411, you ignernt slut. 

Edited by Art Of Noiz
Typo
  • LOL 2
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

Notice that he did not bring his own throne like Robyn, so "the rules" are obviously hers.  His back, legs & elbow will be covered in Meri cooties.  

At last weeks meeting at Christine's, Kody, Robyn and Meri all parked their fat asses on the table surface of the picnic table. They could just as easily have sat on the bench seat of the table, putting them all at eye level.  Not only was this arrangement rude and insulting to Christine, but symbolically it elevated the 3 of them above the others.

• Useful 4
  • Love 12
14 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Literally no one was wiping down mail and groceries by the time summer 2020 rolled around. And if they were that was just plain ignorant. Not to mention wasteful. The CDC updated the guidelines regarding surfaces in May ‘20. 

I’m not ignorant but I tend toward anxiety. And the onset of Covid had me terrified so I was super cautious about changing protocol right away, even after CDC revision. We got a lot of changing info as more was learned about the virus. I opted for extreme caution while things settled out. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 16

I'm pretty sure I heard Kody mention the nanny and her husband descending upon the castle, so my guess was the wife was doing the nannying and the husband was doing the cleaning/housekeeping. My next door neighbors have a male cleaning person, that's what made me think of it. 

I have maintained all along that with regard to Covid, people need to do what makes them feel comfortable, and NOT judge others for what makes THEM comfortable. Self-righteous, sanctimonious behavior (and social media posts) do nothing but divide and shame. Kody and Robyn's rules do nothing but divide and shame.

1 minute ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I’m not ignorant but I tend toward anxiety. And the onset of Covid has me terrified so I was super cautious about changing protocol right away, even after CDC revision. We got a lot of changing info as more was learned about the virus. I opted for extreme caution while things settled out. 

That's fine, you have to do what makes you feel comfortable. But in the context of Kody and Robyn's conditional "rules", this was a pretty absurd ask.

• Love 16
13 hours ago, crimson23 said:

Robyn's rant over how Kody would never let a wife run him was laughable, Wasn't Robyn behind them moving to Flagstaff because her son got accepted at the University there?

Kody calling Ysabel surgery trip a Vacation.....really?

Like someone pointed out above.  We were careful with groceries only for a few weeks and then it was determined that was unnecessary

And how come no ONE person has mentioned whether or not anyone in the family is Vaccinated.  That part boggles my mind.  Are they vaxxed or not, because if they are, that really makes the rules even more ridiculous

Vax wasn’t available at the time this was filmed. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Xena said:

Did Prince Jackwagon just use Truley's kidney emergency as one of the reasons for his covid rules???   You mean the kidney failure scare that you didn't notice in real time because you were too busy fucking around with your grill?  I don't have enough middle fingers for this guy.

any medical professionals here (@@KateHearts?)   Seems like Truely had ACUTE kidney failure, not chronic.  Would an acute illness years ago still be an issue now?

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, Kbo said:

Just typing that makes my eyes roll to the back of my head so far I can read the tag on my shirt.

lol...stealing this

15 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

He is a bastard-coated bastard, covered in bastard sauce, with a side of bastard. 

stealing this too!

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

any medical professionals here (@@KateHearts?)   Seems like Truely had ACUTE kidney failure, not chronic.  Would an acute illness years ago still be an issue now?

It might if there were any permanent damage to her kidneys.  But I'd defer to her doctor, not Kootie.  Though without insurance, I doubt that Kootie or Truely have a doctor.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
11 hours ago, Newmy said:

The telling thing here, and I think what prompted Meri’s “joke” was that Kody originally didn’t hand out the printed rules to Robyn. As an afterthought he said “do you want a copy, too?” Robyn caught his slip and tried to cover, acting indignant, saying “OF COURSE!”  I think Meri caught this and realized that obviously these aren’t just Kody’s rules, but Robyn’s, too. 

I have GOT to watch this again without being half asleep. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4