Type keyword(s) to search

Jeremiah & Hannah: Done Counting and Done Caring

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

I guess many of the online commenters don't follow the Duggars - the timeline from engagement to wedding is their standard timeline and has nothing to do with Josh. Not that it would matter. When Josie gets married the Felon's crimes will be mentioned.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, awaken said:

I have a feeling he won’t age well. I’m imagining pasty coloring, developing a paunch, and the famous Duggar hairline. 

He's already apparently developing the hairline, and he also seems to be growing the standard male Duggar forehead poof.  At least according to this one picture.

• LOL 3
On 2/23/2022 at 11:03 PM, CalicoKitty said:

I also remember her giving herself a "manicure" in the fruit salad, or some other small bowl of food, at some gathering.  She was old enough to know better.  I think it may be a case of being very spoiled combined with some delays that have gone untreated.

And don't forget Josie ate lasagna with her fingers when she most definitely was old enough.  Jessa had to reprimand her since Michelle just smiled.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, louannems said:

And don't forget Josie ate lasagna with her fingers when she most definitely was old enough.  Jessa had to reprimand her since Michelle just smiled.

She also grabbed at the kittens that were a gift to Giddy and Evy, and had to be told to stop.  This was somewhat recently.  I wonder how profound her delays are.  By the way, have there been any sightings of those kitties lately?

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Considering Hannah is 26, I wonder if she at least had alcoholic gummy bears. I know they don't drink, but it wouldn't surprise me if she and her of-age siblings at least tried alcohol. 

The timing of the wedding is interesting in that it's less than 2 weeks before J*sh's sentencing. 

Hannah is the oldest Duggar bride so far. Hannah will be about 3 months older than Abbie when she got married. 

• Useful 4
1 hour ago, MunichNark said:

Those two are even duller than JereMe and Jinge. I didn't think that was even possible

At least Jeremy and Jinger, the pretentious L.A. celebrity couple, provide us with plenty of material to snark about. Jer and Hannah are a total snore.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

At least Jeremy and Jinger, the pretentious L.A. celebrity couple, provide us with plenty of material to snark about. Jer and Hannah are a total snore.

Hence the reason the majority of us voted for their thread title!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 2/27/2022 at 2:20 PM, Heathen said:

Those look like drugstore press-on nails, for real

Seems to be all the rage now.  Fake looking nails.  Used to be one wanted natural looking nails, even if fake.  Now they are all thick as fuck and so fake looking.  Oh, and painted a boring neutral color.  Add some damn color. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

It’s interesting that the latest crop of Duggars to get married don’t always seem to have chaperones, and are more physical with their fiancées than the their siblings were allowed to be.

True. I think it's partly due to the way that parents, especially with lots of kids, ease up on the restrictions on the younger ones. Probably somewhat due to exhaustion, lol, and IMO life has a way of showing us the shortcomings of our great ideas, including but not limited to parenting theories. So by the time child #10 is a teen, many of the rules for child #1's teen years are forgotten or ignored.

In this case I wonder if JB's been pouring so much energy into trying to save his oldest son from the consequences of said son's felonious behavior, that he has little to spare for the courting rules.

I think JB checks out the potential partner's family, sometimes (i.e., Katey & Jed!) actually seals a deal with their parents or at least doesn't object. But especially with no TV cameras running anymore, JB can't be bothered to monitor how far apart they stay since he won't be prancing around large and in charge on TV like he used to.

I wonder how heavily medicated Meech has been since the FF's arrest (or maybe before that if they had a clue what was coming after the raid). I doubt she has the attention span to even notice improper physical contact by a courting or engaged couple, much less pitch a fit about it. Jana's probably out of sh*ts to give about how much hand holding her engaged bros do with their intended. 

• Love 16

I think the combo of removing the cameras and Josh's total fall from grace are driving factors.  John David and Abbie were spotted out and about without chaperones so they've been gone for awhile or were only truly required for a few.  We already knew they had unrestricted phone conversations.  I think a lot of things were for show purposes only.   

Add in the Josh distraction for JB and older age for both and I doubt they pay a lot of attention to anything not right in front of their faces.  

• Love 9

I agree with @Jeeves there are likely multiple reasons for the more lax courting rules. But I do think they still have chaperones/group dates, but when posting their own pics, they don't show them. And I don't think it was for the cameras, the earlier marriages of the Duggars and the Bates were fully Gothardized. I remember when newly married Jinger posted about doing laundry alone in the laundry room of their first apartment. The post was somehow a combo of fear and bragging.

I agree that the Felon's incarceration has probably changed a lot of the family dynamics too. An extended side hug likely seems like no big deal after one of your kids is in jail.

I do wonder if they'll double down with the Lost Girls though. A few years to regroup and recover from Josh could have them going either way.

• Love 11
(edited)
23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree with @Jeeves there are likely multiple reasons for the more lax courting rules. But I do think they still have chaperones/group dates, but when posting their own pics, they don't show them. And I don't think it was for the cameras, the earlier marriages of the Duggars and the Bates were fully Gothardized. I remember when newly married Jinger posted about doing laundry alone in the laundry room of their first apartment. The post was somehow a combo of fear and bragging.

I agree that the Felon's incarceration has probably changed a lot of the family dynamics too. An extended side hug likely seems like no big deal after one of your kids is in jail.

I do wonder if they'll double down with the Lost Girls though. A few years to regroup and recover from Josh could have them going either way.

Good points. I also wonder if they naturally spend less energy expecting their sons to avoid too much physical contact with their girlfriends/fiances. After all, they believe it's up to women to not tempt men into sin, so I suppose they put the burden on the female to enforce behavior limits. And because these females aren't their daughters, they (the Duggars) aren't responsible for them. If they wanted to get all fundie-strict, I suppose the Duggar parents could kick up a fuss with the female's headship if they saw something they disapproved of. 

I agree that by the time the younger daughters get into their marriageable years, the shock waves caused by the FF's conviction will have receded. JB and Meech will probably have the energy to focus on their remaining kids at home, and enforce the rules derived from their misogynistic patriarchal belief system. Back to the 70-page questionnaire for guys who want to court a Duggar daughter! Sigh.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, madpsych78 said:

If Jed! is like Josh in terms of personality, then Jeremiah seems more like John David.

Do we really know anything about Jer? Unlike his twin, who we kind of got to know in 2020, Jer has kept to himself. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Do we really know anything about Jer? Unlike his twin, who we kind of got to know in 2020, Jer has kept to himself. 

As has JD outside of the show. And Joe.

Jer also flies like JD and is a realtor like Joe. He wasn't featured too much on Counting On because he wasn't courting or married and he doesn't contribute much on social media. Back when the show was 19K&C he evidently appeared to be into chess and there was an episode where Michelle played with him. Hannah is one of the older brides at 26, like Abbie was.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Is that Jed! and Katey's place? It's not the TTH, and I don't recognize it.

The decorations on the shelf look perfunctory to me. I wonder if its a function hall they rented.

• Useful 3