Type keyword(s) to search

Jeremiah & Hannah: Done Counting and Done Caring

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Oh-kay. A two day Bachelorette getaway followed by a bridal shower. This is def not a JimBob Duggar wedding production. Probably won't be serving melted ice cream to guests in the parking lot, and the bridesmaids won't be decked out in fugly dresses on which a spinster sister has sewn modesty panels. 😅.   The Wissmans seem to have common sense and social sense. Jer is marrying up for sure. I wonder if there will be public photos of the wedding party. Can't wait to see what Michelle shows up wearing. 😂

She is probably wearing her best outfit The tin Man😂

• LOL 14
2 hours ago, CandyXmasTree said:

The side pony could give it a whole new look!
I would think with that many children you would eventually have to recycle outfits, but maybe not one quite so...conspicuous

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

I hate to give Michelle credit for anything, but I doubt we'll see her in that Tin Man dress again. Too bad. Those shiny metallic industrial-looking pointy big boobs - were all kinds of awesome. But no worries, she and Ma Bates had modesty panels to keep anyone from seeing their clavicles. 😂.  I found a photo of Meech in that dress where the industrial pointy metallic boobs were very obvious, but it also featured The Family Felon so I'm not sharing it here. 

tinman2.thumb.jpg.48b08fbcc66b9b85e9b981893e642259.jpg

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, realityfan26 said:

It would be odd timing for Meech etc to go to California if the wedding is soon. I'd assume Jinger would fly in for the wedding.

This is the same woman who left a preemie in the hands of her ill-equipped daughters so she could flit off to Central America. She probably couldn't pick Jer out of a lineup, so his wedding isn't high priority.

• Love 14
33 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

This is the same woman who left a preemie in the hands of her ill-equipped daughters so she could flit off to Central America. She probably couldn't pick Jer out of a lineup, so his wedding isn't high priority.

Didn't she also leave the preemie right after birth to go to protest a convince store about alcohol.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, CandyXmasTree said:

Didn't she also leave the preemie right after birth to go to protest a convince store about alcohol.

That was only a couple hours and was still in Little Rock at the ABC board.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
10 hours ago, CandyXmasTree said:

I wonder if JB will be wearing his ill fitting grey suit and clompy black shoes. 

Edited by awaken
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

I'm assuming the wedding will be in Nebraska, so there will have to be some confabbing with Ma Wissmann to secure a venue and food. Meech has lucked out in that all her other sons, save Smuggar, got married locally.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I'm assuming the wedding will be in Nebraska, so there will have to be some confabbing with Ma Wissmann to secure a venue and food. Meech has lucked out in that all her other sons, save Smuggar, got married locally.

John David got married in Oklahoma and Justin got married in Texas.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I assume that when a son gets married, the Duggs will only pay for the rehearsal dinner and expect the bride's family to pay for the wedding. You know, tradition and all. But when one of their daughters gets married, they get TLC to pay for it. Or at least, they did. I don't think any daughters have gotten married since the show went off the air. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, TrixieTrue said:

I assume that when a son gets married, the Duggs will only pay for the rehearsal dinner and expect the bride's family to pay for the wedding. You know, tradition and all. But when one of their daughters gets married, they get TLC to pay for it. Or at least, they did. I don't think any daughters have gotten married since the show went off the air. 

Actually I don't think TLC footed the bill, or at least not all of it. Jessa explained JB gave each daughter a budget for their wedding, so she went very cheap in order to save money for the honeymoon.

As far as the honeymoons that were filmed, I believe TLC paid for airfare and hotels.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, TrixieTrue said:

Jana doesn't seem interested in getting married and none of the Lost Girls are old enough. It will be interesting to see if their weddings resemble Jill & Jessa's or Jinger & Joys. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Jana doesn't seem interested in getting married and none of the Lost Girls are old enough. It will be interesting to see if their weddings resemble Jill & Jessa's or Jinger & Joys. 

If Jana does get married it will be barn shabby chic or at Magnolia- mid way between Jessa's and Jinger's.

I'm guessing the Lost Girls with likely have Jill type weddings.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Wasn’t Joy’s wedding somewhat low rent?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Lets hope Jer can do better than this:

image.png.52b8428dd70e52fc352e977f9803b908.png

It would be the Wissman’s show, that alone puts them ahead of anything Duggar. JB&M will have a tacky rehearsal dinner, and will be their tacky selves during the wedding. JB will ignore the fact they no longer have a show and do his stupid, over the top, tacky speeches.

How did Jinger’s wedding compare to her sisters’? IIRC some thought it had Vuolo influen$e. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, SMama said:

It would be the Wissman’s show, that alone puts them ahead of anything Duggar. JB&M will have a tacky rehearsal dinner, and will be their tacky selves during the wedding. JB will ignore the fact they no longer have a show and do his stupid, over the top, tacky speeches.

How did Jinger’s wedding compare to her sisters’? IIRC some thought it had Vuolo influen$e. 

I’m pretty sure they had food there, so that alone was better than the other weddings.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

It is almost Spring, so luckily it is the wrong season for hay bales.  And Valentine's Day has past, so probably no hearts all over the place.  I hope there will not be a Spring/Easter theme.  I don't want to see a wedding decorated with bunnies and eggs.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

It is almost Spring, so luckily it is the wrong season for hay bales.  And Valentine's Day has past, so probably no hearts all over the place.  I hope there will not be a Spring/Easter theme.  I don't want to see a wedding decorated with bunnies and eggs.

So you don't want to see fertility symbols?

• LOL 18
17 hours ago, SMama said:

Jinger had the nicest wedding by far, IMO.  Her dress was gorgeous, and that was the first time I realized that she really is a very pretty girl.  And like someone already said, they had a nice reception with real food.  Did the Rods attend Jinger’s wedding?

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Jinger had the nicest wedding by far, IMO.  Her dress was gorgeous, and that was the first time I realized that she really is a very pretty girl.  And like someone already said, they had a nice reception with real food.  Did the Rods attend Jinger’s wedding?

I wonder if Jill and Derick will have a vow renewal at some point. 

When Jill (and Jessa) got married they didn't have a lot of wedding experiences to use as examples, and they were very vested in the idea of showing how very frugal the family is, and how they could throw a "nice" wedding on the cheap. Those two weddings really kind of set a bar of awfulness that the others haven't been close to reaching.

Jill and Derick have been through a lot, and appear to have come out the other side of their turmoil into a happier place (IMO). They're in a very different place than the two people whose "courtship" and wedding were little more than a television stunt.

Assuming Derick passes the bar, he should be able to get a decent job and they should be on solid financial footing in the next couple of years. I could see Jill wanting to do a vow renewal and have a nicer party than the original (I don't think it would be much better than the first because I don't think Jill has any taste, and I don't see her turning plans over to someone who does).

On the other hand, I don't think Jessa would even consider it. A vow renewal would imply that the first wedding wasn't perfect, and her marriage isn't perfect, and her parents' decisions weren't perfect, etc.

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

The Rods did attend, after JillRod posted a copy of their invitation including date, time, and venue online publicly in her efforts to brag about being in the Duggars' inner circle.  Word is, that JB and Meech were not amused which is why she hasn't been seen at any subsequent weddings.

34 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I wonder if Jill and Derick will have a vow renewal at some point. 

I don't think they will, publicly at least, unless Derick and JB reach some sort of detente.  I don't see her wanting to do it without both her parents and all of her siblings in attendance and everyone on their best behavior.

• Love 4