Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E24: Reunion (Part 4)

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I still blame Kathy though who, as the hostess, should have asked Erica to leave. I have enjoyed Kathy for the most part this season (a big surprise to me), but the loopy rich lady act doesn't play well in every circumstance. 

That was what really shot her down in my estimation.  If there was any time that a hostess needed to step in and calm the waters this was it!  Not as classy as she should be.

28 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I especially love the way she thinks she’s a Brit.  From Connecticut, hahaha.  Phoney.

I grew up one town over. Trust me, people in her home town would be rolling their eyes over that too.  I know someone who grew up in Manhattan, married a guy from London, and now has this weird hybrid accent thing going on too.  Perhaps it's a popular thing to do when marrying a Brit because it's not something I've noticed as much when an American marries someone from a different country.

4 hours ago, OdinO. said:

The best part for me is seeing Erika's face fall and her jowls. It shows it's all smoke and mirrors. She looked ridiculous, Like an old woman in a pink satin dress. Very unattractive. Ladies. Skip the fillers. They create loose skin

Don't underestimate the power of stress upon appearance, but yeah, her styling was bringing her very close to Baby Jane territory....I've written a letter to Tommy, his address is assisted living...

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

Because I haven't watched the shows for several seasons--but DID watch the reunion shows (aka Erica Show), I can't understand how anything about Kathy Richards Hilton plays well anywhere.  

Yeah especially if you caught her daughter Paris talking about institutional abuse on Capitol Hill.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

If Tom had ripped off rich corporations I’d not be so bothered and the show and rabid snarling Erika would be just entertainment … the rich screwing the rich kind of thing.  But there are real victims here and not a word said. That’s the elephant in the room, not how many times a flipping car flipped.   

• Love 15
8 hours ago, Mar said:

I only watched to see Erika get what she deserved after watching the video on Hulu.  Instead, I heard Andy gave her a raise and bonus and brought her back.  I wish Garcelle and Sutton would leave as they do not belong on this shit show.  I can’t believe he took her back.  I’m out too.  I hope others follow.  Erika is vile.

• Love 18
32 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

If Tom had ripped off rich corporations I’d not be so bothered and the show and rabid snarling Erika would be just entertainment … the rich screwing the rich kind of thing.  But there are real victims here and not a word said. That’s the elephant in the room, not how many times a flipping car flipped.   

When the rich screw the rich (as in Madoff) then someone generally goes to jail.   But Tom's victims aren't rich or famous so....

I'm betting between Tom's dementia (real or fake)  and Erika's slippery financials any consequences will be very unsatisfying. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, Surrealist said:

I've only read bits and pieces about Erika's son, Tommy, but from what I've gleaned, he isn't interested in being public. I can understand. He's not responsible for who she is. He probably would get attacked by some fans if he was active online.

It must be humiliating to be Erikas (child) son especially if he is a cop, I can't even imagine..... hopefully he is  not like her ie a snarling grifter bitch!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Mar said:

I have a theory that they have made a pact to never “come for” each other because they all probably have shit on each other. They are letting all the conflict in the show come with the newbies.

I want to know what Erika has on Rinna. It must be something for Rinna to constantly grovel at Erika’s feet all season. It makes no sense for Rinna to be the preacher of caution when she was all up in Denise’s business last year, and questioning Kim’s sobriety and Yo’s illness before that. Of all of them, I think she actually looks scared of Erika. Why is that, I wonder?

• Useful 2
  • Love 19
55 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Now that this fiasco is over, which I will never watch again, what comes next? Orange County?  Those I can take.  Not pretentious.

Lisa Rinna.

I’ll give OC another shot. That franchise was what started my Bravo addiction. 

• Love 9
Just now, Cosmocrush said:

Erika to Garcelle:   When someone calls you a liar THERE ARE NO RULES. 

Me:   What. The. Hell!?  

Sorry Erika but there are lots of rules in polite society.  Rules about how to behave at a dinner in someone else's home.  Rules about threatening co-workers over and over at said dinner party.  

In other words, rules about COMMON DECENCY!   🙄

That speaks volumes about how this woman thinks. Then she laughed at Sutton for getting protection after the threats. That alone justifies Sutton’s concern for her safety.

I think I’m going to be the next person on this forum who will quit watching this show. I’ve got a feeling with Teddi coming back (even as a friend-of) that it’s going to be battle lines drawn over this bitch and that will drive the season. No thanks. 

The next time I want to see Erika is when she’s walking out of a courthouse, flat-ass broke and ruined for real. 

• Love 21

I’m watching on tape delay as I couldn’t watch last night.  Hideous so far.

1.  Erika says she talks with Tom, asks him how could he do this to HER.  Nice way to care about the real victims.  But then she says he’s too out of it to know what happened.  Honey, then he can’t answer you!  Again, pick a side!

2.  Denies she had $20MM in her LLC, or seemingly that Tom put any money in her LLC.  But then admits she spent $14MM on her credit card.  Who paid that bill honey?

3.  If the credit card bills were paid by the LLC (the bankruptcy court receiver has spoken about how much cash was funneled thru the LLC, including that for all but one year the LLC reported tax losses).  
      Erike says the $14Mm was over 12 years, so it’s spending $2MM a year.  So, not a math whiz…..

Then she says it’s the typical amount spent by each of them each year.  Hmmm…. First, if paid by the LLC, for most of those years that money was supposed to be only for business purposes.  Typical “work” clothing is not tax-deductible.  Her performance outfits, travel and glam squad for the Erika  Jayne “shows” could be deductible.  But not likely anything for RHOBH, since these are supposedly their normal lives being shown.

And that money seems to be just what she spent on herself, not housing, food, family trips, etc.  heck, she couldn’t even pay the glam squad off the credit card (unless she paid their rent or something - which I doubt and would be problematic for proving these “business” costs for tax purposes).  So she and Tom were spending HUGE amounts……hmmm.  

looks like she outted herself for tax fraud (for the LLC).

rinna is as disgusting as everyone said in earlier posts.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
On 11/3/2021 at 8:46 PM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

THE CAR STORY CHANGES AGAIN! Honest to God.

The oddest part was when she said 9 hours, she put her hand up and “air wrote” a 9–and she did it like 3 times. That was the oddest thing—like she was cramming for a test and coming up with gestures to remember the 9. As Andy would say, I’ve never seen anyone like her.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, endure said:

It must be humiliating to be Erikas (child) son especially if he is a cop, I can't even imagine..... hopefully he is  not like her ie a snarling grifter bitch!

I'm guessing Tommy's seen a lot in his life. I prefer think he's nothing like Erika. I hope he isn't.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Erika to Garcelle:   When someone calls you a liar THERE ARE NO RULES. 

Also, nobody is saying this, but EVERYONE LIES!  Erika's are worse than most people, but being called a liar is not the worst thing in the world!  We have all lied!  She's a liar!  So what!  It doesn't mean you can threaten assault!

• Love 23
16 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

I'm guessing Tommy's seen a lot in his life. I prefer think he's nothing like Erika. I hope he isn't.

Same. I know there are issues with law enforcement and Erika was also beyond wrong for how she spoke to Eileen about her son and his job. But it's true he has a dangerous job where he protects the public and makes a modest salary. Erika didn't even protect him, her only son, for much of his childhood. She now gets paid much more than he makes to get dolled up and go to fancy dinner parties and trips to Paris. 

9 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Also, nobody is saying this, but EVERYONE LIES!  Erika's are worse than most people, but being called a liar is not the worst thing in the world!  We have all lied!  She's a liar!  So what!  It doesn't mean you can threaten assault!

Seriously! I have no issue admitting to telling lies. Maybe I have no problem with it because unlike Erika I'm not shady? I only lie if someone asks something that's personal or fibs to spare people's feelings, or just generally something minor. Are the big, fat liars the ones triggered by being called liars?

• Love 14
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Now that this fiasco is over, which I will never watch again, what comes next? Orange County?  Those I can take.  Not pretentious.

Lisa Rinna.

I thought OC was done, last season was awful, but they got rid of the 2 biggest problems and Heather is back so I'm in.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

100% 

And I can't remember at what point/word, but Crystal (after asking Erika about being angry) was back to supporting Erika. They were talking about Erika's behavior towards Sutton and only Garcelle was being supportive and expressing regret. At some point in this exchange a word was used to describe Erika, (maybe it was the bully discussion?) and Kyle, Lisa, Dorit and Crystal were 'there, thereing' Erika. And Crystal said "it's just that that's a strong word". 

I about fell off the couch. She was using this statement to defend Erika's behavior towards Sutton and excusing Erika, and yet during the season when Sutton objected to the word "violate" as too strong a word for what happened? Crystal was all about well that's how it felt, that she as the person impacted got to decide how she felt. But when it comes to Erika, no one should use such a strong word?

Argh! 

This is exactly why I feel so repelled by Crystal --Phony, spoiled, grudge-holding, hypocritical and socially opportunistic.  

Edited by BluishGreen
corrected
  • Love 21
3 hours ago, ichbin said:

That was what really shot her down in my estimation.  If there was any time that a hostess needed to step in and calm the waters this was it!  Not as classy as she should be.

I grew up one town over. Trust me, people in her home town would be rolling their eyes over that too.  I know someone who grew up in Manhattan, married a guy from London, and now has this weird hybrid accent thing going on too.  Perhaps it's a popular thing to do when marrying a Brit because it's not something I've noticed as much when an American marries someone from a different country.

My good friend married a Britt in 2007. In fact they lived in the UK for 3 years. She still hasn't picked up a fake accent.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, endure said:

I would imagine he is quite used to being humiliated by his mother. Watching her dance around half naked on stage for years must have been embarrassing as hell.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I felt like I was losing it. I can't remember what she told the other women about the accident, not the original story but what she said this season. I thought that she told them he drove over a cliff and his car rolled over numerous times. Is that not what she said?  Now she is saying that he did not flip over and that his car slipped over the side? Did anyone of them say wait you told us that his car flipped ove and over and. that he suffered numerous serious injuries?  

That was some serious gaslighting. The term “gaslighting” has been misconstrued recently almost as a social media meme, but this right here was gaslighting in its purest form. She got the other ladies chiming in agreeing that it was their own ADHD (EFG according to Kathy) that THEY made up the details on the car flipping. Erika got them—and even some viewers at home—thinking, well, maybe I did mix up the stories between Tom and her son. But, if you stop and think about it, she absolutely said Tom flipped his car! Whether she said 5 times and someone else changed it to 6 could have happened. But there were weeks (months??) that they were talking about Tom flipping his car before she brought up the story of her son flipping his car. That’s what made the second story so outrageously unbelievable as featured in the Pk and Mauricio dinner—another family member flipping his car multiple times?! The odds of something happening like that is astronomical. But expert gaslighter Erika really got everyone thinking well maybe she did just say he slid down and I’m the one who’s misremembering the details…

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I think she is likely sharp as a tack as well. What I did like about Kathy was that she wasn't into glam squads (did we ever see he use one?)and often didn't care what she wore. I found that refreshing, after the pretentiousness of the label wearing Erica and Dorito. She seems to be a person who is comfortable in her own skin, which I think is unusual in a howife. 

If Kathy is made a full time housewife, I think we may see a change in her (hopefully not).  It seems that once a cast member gets a second season, all of sudden, they've upped their hair/makeup and fashion.

Kathy has nothing to prove to anyone, so she may not do this, plus, even though her clothes may not be as fashionable as we think they should be, I can almost guarantee they are very expensive.

The only other housewife I can remember who didn't really give a damn about being pretentious and a label whore was Caroline Manzo.  

• Love 5
On 11/3/2021 at 10:14 PM, BluishGreen said:

Well, I think I'm finally through with Psycho Barbie and her thralls (Kyle, Lisa, Dorit and Crystal).  Just thinking that, though only one, my viewership may help put $$ in Erika's pocket so she can continue to loot and shriek and demand each and all bow down to her-- nah, I will just continue to follow all the witty and wise comments here and ignore the show.

Yes.  I’m with you.  Not watching next season. Ericka is not a kind person.  Hasn’t been from the beginning.  Cold. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
53 minutes ago, TheCouchPotato said:

Or Harry Hamlin. Who calls their spouse by their first and last name?  Clearly someone that’s insecure and needs to remind the audience why she may possibly be relevant. 

I think Rinna does it brag, but also to be funny so it doesn't bother me tbh, not the way the cutesy nicknames and trying hard to come across in love do. 

• Love 3

This thread has been hilarious - thank you, everyone!  This show is nothing without all of YOU!

If Erika were a better actress, she'd have played the character of a hurt, confused, and sad Erika who was angry at Tom and sympathetic toward the victims.  But she couldn't keep hostile, entitled, narcissistic Erika at bay.   So much grimacing and snarling! 

19 hours ago, BlueHawk said:

Perhaps her out of proportion reaction to anyone not believing what she says might be rooted in a past investment in her portrayal of herself as being several stations above the hard core trashy piece of work she's shown herself to be on RHOBH & environs.

I think she has been called out for being a liar many times in her past because she is a narcissist.  Embellishing stories, omitting information, gaslighting, and flat out lying are all tools in the narcissist's bag of tricks.  Narcissists also really hate it when someone calls them out on their lies, and get vicious toward them like a cornered animal, because they are revealed to be a fake, a sham.  Being called a liar is a threat to the identity and image she is desperately trying to portray, so whoever it is that sees through her and calls her out, is considered an existential threat.

• Useful 4
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

If Kathy is made a full time housewife, I think we may see a change in her (hopefully not).  It seems that once a cast member gets a second season, all of sudden, they've upped their hair/makeup and fashion.

Kathy has nothing to prove to anyone, so she may not do this, plus, even though her clothes may not be as fashionable as we think they should be, I can almost guarantee they are very expensive.

The only other housewife I can remember who didn't really give a damn about being pretentious and a label whore was Caroline Manzo.  

Denise Richards didn’t seem caught up in the high fashion stuff either.

• Love 16
5 hours ago, Julyolo said:

Yeah especially if you caught her daughter Paris talking about institutional abuse on Capitol Hill.

I've thought about this several times during this season.  I watched Paris' documentary on Netflix or Amazon and realized how awful of parents the Hiltons were-- just awful.  You have to see the show to believe it. I never thought much of Paris before watching it but now it seems the parents are much of the problem.  It's made me wonder if Kathy came on BH to redeem herself in America's eyes? She seems so sweet, dottery, harmless and 'normal'.  How could everything Paris said about how her family treated her possibly be true? 🙄  I've wondered several times if that's one of the reasons Kyle dies laughing at her antics-- she's in on the joke and watching Kathy act like Aunt Clara in Bewitched is hilarious to her.  

• Useful 7
  • Love 6

I said I would boycott this show if Erika is back on the next season, and she is as I  expected, with a raise in pay!  She really believes she is the queen of Bravo and The Real Ho Wives now.  I will definitely not be watching…..you’re either with me or against me lol…..the Paper Bag Princess 👑 Hope it’s maybe OK to come and ❤️ the snark.

• Love 11
On 11/3/2021 at 7:13 PM, Straycat80 said:

Wait…if Tom is so mentally incompetent how is he able to call Erika so many times a day and why is she asking him any questions at all if she thinks he’s not mentally there anymore? But then again, this is a woman who’s going to tell that outrageous story about the burglary, exploding eye, etc… again. 

I loved the cut to Kathy touching up her lip gloss. She doesn’t give a shit. 

Come to think of it, everyone's been quite mum about the glaucoma for quite some time. "Exploding eye," lol.

I almost fell off the couch laughing when Kathy pulled out her lip gloss. 👄

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Confession, it doesn't bother me the way it does many American women. It's just a harsher version of the b word for me. The only words that offend me are things like ethnic and antigay slurs.

I agree.  I don't use the word, but if I wanted to I would.  That's NOT the same for my adult sons.  They REFUSE...and I can't even tease/cajole them into it.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, chlban said:
5 hours ago, endure said:

I would imagine he is quite used to being humiliated by his mother. Watching her dance around half naked on stage for years must have been embarrassing as hell.

Because I'm only an occasional/rare watcher, I know too little.  Did Erika raise this son?

3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Are the big, fat liars the ones triggered by being called liars?

Yeah.  My brother is one and he did tell me years ago that when confronted:  "Deny til you die"

3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

That’s what made the second story so outrageously unbelievable as featured in the Pk and Mauricio dinner—another family member flipping his car multiple times?! The odds of something happening like that is astronomical. But expert gaslighter Erika really got everyone thinking well maybe she did just say he slid down and I’m the one who’s misremembering the details…

I'm pretty sure that one time she did say he slid down, but it was squeezed in there between different versions of him flipping his car.  Liar!

1 hour ago, stcroix said:

I've wondered several times if that's one of the reasons Kyle dies laughing at her antics-- she's in on the joke and watching Kathy act like Aunt Clara in Bewitched is hilarious to her.  

She's not the only one in on the joke.  At the beginning of the season the show was structured around that:  "Kathy loves pulling pranks" Kyle would say, and then we got to see Kathy pull a prank.  "Kathy carries everything in her bag" and then we were treated to what Kathy had in her bag.  Frankly I was glad when Erika's troubles began so that I didn't have to spend any more time "getting to know Kathy."

44 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Because I'm only an occasional/rare watcher, I know too little.  Did Erika raise this son?

I believe she left him with his father to chase her Hollywood dreams!

• Love 11

I'm trying to understand why someone would charge $14 million on a credit card.

I don't care if you're a high-net-worth individual. It makes no sense to charge that amount of money on a credit card. Or even on multiple credit cards.

I get hives when I put $200 worth of stuff on one of mine. 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
Just now, Surrealist said:

I'm trying to understand why someone would charge $14 million on a credit card.

I don't care if you're a high-net-worth individual. It makes no sense to charge that amount of money on a credit card. Or even on multiple credit cards.

I get hives when I put $200 worth of stuff on one of mine. 😂

lol!

Not that I've ever had Girardi coins (hell, neither have they!), or think they were  responsible with money, but I do charge a lot on credit cards. I want the darn cash-back!

• Love 6
7 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:
9 hours ago, Mar said:

I have a theory that they have made a pact to never “come for” each other because they all probably have shit on each other. They are letting all the conflict in the show come with the newbies.

I want to know what Erika has on Rinna. It must be something for Rinna to constantly grovel at Erika’s feet all season. It makes no sense for Rinna to be the preacher of caution when she was all up in Denise’s business last year, and questioning Kim’s sobriety and Yo’s illness before that. Of all of them, I think she actually looks scared of Erika. Why is that, I wonder?

I couldn't agree more. And whatever it is, it must be a doozy for Rinna to be so far up Erika's ass.

BTW, did you hear Rinna answer the question for Erika when Andy asked why (and how) she wound up with the non-waterproof mascara that 'pity me' day?  Erika starts making up some ridiculous excuse, and when it appeared she was faltering, Rinna chimes in "oh, and you have several different make-up artists, right?" "Maybe one of them applied the wrong mascara".

GMAFB, Rinna. You hypocritical piece of shit.

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
On 11/5/2021 at 12:17 AM, izabella said:

I think she has been called out for being a liar many times in her past because she is a narcissist.  Embellishing stories, omitting information, gaslighting, and flat out lying are all tools in the narcissist's bag of tricks.  Narcissists also really hate it when someone calls them out on their lies, and get vicious toward them like a cornered animal, because they are revealed to be a fake, a sham.  Being called a liar is a threat to the identity and image she is desperately trying to portray, so whoever it is that sees through her and calls her out, is considered an existential threat.

THIS ! ^^^^

Hope many see this insightful post.

THIS is why Erica goes nuts on Sutton thru the entire season. Its not just the simple word of being called a liar. "Liar" negates her entire made up personna and her reaction is indeed classic narcissistic rage and narcissistic injury:

"Narcissistic injury, also known as "narcissistic wound" or "wounded ego" are emotional traumas that overwhelm an individual's defense mechanisms and devastate their pride and self worth.[1] In some cases the shame or disgrace is so significant that the individual can never again truly feel good about who they are and this is sometimes referred to as a "narcissistic scar"."

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Useful 7
  • Love 8