Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E24: Reunion (Part 4)

• Start Topic

Since retiring, I volunteer at a no-kill animal shelter. I still really can't wrap my head around how Erika spent all that money just for the "opportunity" to dance around on stage half naked and pretend to sing. We just had an all day fundraiser and we're thrilled to have made a little over seven grand which really covers expenses for less than a week, IF we don't have any medical emergencies. It doesn't need to be animals, there are tons of charitable organizations she could have helped, when she got bored with just being Tom's Hooker/trophy wife. Whatever else LVP gets slammed for, she deserves credit for her work against tha horrid practice eating dogs and she opened a rescue. Erika was especially jealous of LVP from day one and her attempt e to compare herself favorably to Lisa V is absurd. Not even close. If forced, I could find a positive attribute for every member of The Coven. Rinna is a hard worker, both Kyke and Dorit appear to be loving wives and mothers. But, honestly trying to think of one redeemable quality in Erika. I got nothing. 

Edited by chlban
  • Love 24
4 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Does she realize she came across SO OLD (hey...I'm 80+, so I know "old") ???  Her make-up, the lighting, and her VILE facial expressions cause her to look ten years older than her claimed age.  Is that her correct age?

I don't think she has any degree of self awareness - either physically or emotionally. I think she relied (or relies) on her glam squad which is why she has looked increasingly bad.

I think that she was going for a Hollywood noir glam look for the reunion - like Barbara Stanwyk with the hair and the makeup. 

Could she possibly have looked in the mirror at that disaster of a dress and said YES - this is how I want to look for something that will be widely shown and replayed for the foreseeable future. I can't imagine most people WITHOUT stylists and looking at $200 dresses at Macy's would actually have chosen that dress for a wedding at The Cheesecake Factory.

Edited by amarante
  • LOL 14
  • Love 6
On 11/3/2021 at 5:13 PM, Straycat80 said:

Wait…if Tom is so mentally incompetent how is he able to call Erika so many times a day and why is she asking him any questions at all if she thinks he’s not mentally there anymore? But then again, this is a woman who’s going to tell that outrageous story about the burglary, exploding eye, etc… again. 

I loved the cut to Kathy touching up her lip gloss. She doesn’t give a shit. 

Late to this, but just wanted to say, when my dad was slowly sliding into dementia, and was in a care home, he called me a lot. I would frequently get voicemails from him that said a few random words that didn't make sense.   He was in a very expensive, small care home.. but he had his own cell phone and apple watch. He would often get confused trying to make calls, but still made them to me and other family members often.

As to why Ericka would ask Tom questions, I can't speak to that.  But again, with my experience with my dad, he had days that he was quite lucid and we could have mostly normal conversations. Then other days he would be very confused. 

So at least that aspect doesn't sound too odd to me.

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I wonder what the guys who lift her up think of her?  The ones in her show.  Will she continue that act?  Or call it a day with her 20 million.

I heard her say those "shows" made $$$$.  I thought,  "REALLY?"

• LOL 9
10 hours ago, chlban said:

Since retiring, I volunteer at a no-kill animal shelter. I still really can't wrap my head around how Erika spent all that money just for the "opportunity" to dance around on stage half naked and pretend to sing. We just had an all day fundraiser and we're thrilled to have made a little over seven grand which really covers expenses for less than a week, IF we don't have any medical emergencies. It doesn't need to be animals, there are tons of charitable organizations she could have helped, when she got bored with just being Tom's Hooker/trophy wife. Whatever else LVP gets slammed for, she deserves credit for her work against tha horrid practice eating dogs and she opened a rescue. Erika was especially jealous of LVP from day one and her attempt e to compare herself favorably to Lisa V is absurd. Not even close. If forced, I could find a positive attribute for every member of The Coven. Rinna is a hard worker, both Kyke and Dorit appear to be loving wives and mothers. But, honestly trying to think of one redeemable quality in Erika. I got nothing. 

The minute she left her Son to be a star, she was trash.  You are doing a wonderful meaningful thing. 🐶

• Love 17
13 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

She can't afford to revive the act; that thing was a money pit and probably inspired her criminal husband to continue stealing money.   It was always about the fame, not the talent or the money. 

Early on, I think Kyle made a comment to her about continuing her act (as though it was a legit job like Kyle's gigs are) and Erica didn't say anything.  Maybe I'm imagining it. 

I’m really SHOCKED that Broadway let her do Cabaret.  They must have run out of people.  I could see a strip club asking her, but never Broadway.  I was disgusted.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I’m really SHOCKED that Broadway let her do Cabaret.  They must have run out of people.  I could see a strip club asking her, but never Broadway.  I was disgusted.

You're right. 

One correction, it was "Chicago". 

Chicago, thru the years has had many B, C, D list celebs do short term replacements. NeNe and Kandi (who is many times more musically talented, & has a great singing voice) have both done short term replacement stints in that show. I am guessing the producers see some value in these Reality show minor celebs to draw ticket buyers.

Hey even Christy Brinkley did a short stint in that show. Yes, a bigger name, but ZERO singing, dancing, and acting ability. So ? Hands up and shrugging here. And we know that Lisa Rinna had her short run in it too, years ago. 

I'm still hoping they'll call me next.  I'm practicing:

"  He had it coming...." 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:

You're right. 

Chicago, thru the years has had many B, C, D list celebs do short term replacements. NeNe and Kandi (who is many times more musically talented, & has a great singing voice) have both done short term replacement stints in that show. I am guessing the producers see some value in these Reality show minor celebs to draw ticket buyers.

Hey even Christy Brinkley did a short stint in that show. Yes, a bigger name, but ZERO singing, dancing, and acting ability. So ? Hands up and shrugging here. And we know that Lisa Rinna had her short run in it too, years ago. 

"  He had it coming...." 

YES, Chicago, duh.  Losing it.  Lol.  My ultimate favorite was “Hello Dolly” with Bette Midler. I was beside myself.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Bossa Nova said:

You're right. 

"  He had it coming...." 

Didn't Rinna also do Chicago? I seem to recall her saying it a thousand times when Erika was being congratulated for getting the part. 😆 I didn't know Rinna could sing.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Late to this, but just wanted to say, when my dad was slowly sliding into dementia, and was in a care home, he called me a lot. I would frequently get voicemails from him that said a few random words that didn't make sense.   He was in a very expensive, small care home.. but he had his own cell phone and apple watch. He would often get confused trying to make calls, but still made them to me and other family members often.

As to why Ericka would ask Tom questions, I can't speak to that.  But again, with my experience with my dad, he had days that he was quite lucid and we could have mostly normal conversations. Then other days he would be very confused. 

So at least that aspect doesn't sound too odd to me.

Thank you for this, not that I am a Ericka fan, but my mother suffered from dementia and yes, there are certain things they can hold onto.  They don't forget everything,  long term memory is still intact to a degree.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Didn't Rinna also do Chicago? I seem to recall her saying it a thousand times when Erika was being congratulated for getting the part. 😆 I didn't know Rinna could sing.

"The Days of Our Lives alum took the stage as Roxie in Chicago 12 years before her RHOBH costar Jayne's announcement. The soap star performed in the Broadway musical for two months in 2007. Her husband, Harry Hamlin, also starred with her as Billy Flynn." Sep 25, 2019 Wikipedia

• Useful 2
5 hours ago, kristen111 said:

The minute she left her Son to be a star, she was trash.  You are doing a wonderful meaningful thing. 🐶

I always struggle between trying to look for the good in others and that Maya Angelou quote, when someone shows you who they are, believe them.

With Erika leaving her son, I thought well I don't like that and wouldn't do it myself, but men leave kids with mom all the time to work. They don't get shamed the way moms do. Erika said she traveled frequently to see him, and he lives with her now. Maybe things weren't so bad?

With Erika not having female friends, I thought there was some hyperbole there, thought she said she did have some friends, and understood her having trust issues. 

With her screaming like a crazy person at poor Eileen, I thought maybe she was hormonal and had a meltdown. Hated it, but hoped it was an isolated incident.

But basically Erika just continues behavior of screaming and threatening, and leaving people when they need her the most. You can only excuse so much.

• Love 16

2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I always struggle between trying to look for the good in others and that Maya Angelou quote, when someone shows you who they are, believe them.

With Erika leaving her son, I thought well I don't like that and wouldn't do it myself, but men leave kids with mom all the time to work. They don't get shamed the way moms do. Erika said she traveled frequently to see him, and he lives with her now. Maybe things weren't so bad?

With Erika not having female friends, I thought there was some hyperbole there, thought she said she did have some friends, and understood her having trust issues. 

With her screaming like a crazy person at poor Eileen, I thought maybe she was hormonal and had a meltdown. Hated it, but hoped it was an isolated incident.

But basically Erika just continues behavior of screaming and threatening, and leaving people when they need her the most. You can only excuse so much.

That's a LOT of excuses, lol.   While I don't think she had anything to do with Tom's crimes (besides being a beneficiary) I do think she continues to show herself  devoid of common decency.  Over and over.  A second season centered around this offensive narcissist sounds terrible. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
typos again
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

With Erika leaving her son, I thought well I don't like that and wouldn't do it myself, but men leave kids with mom all the time to work.

But are those men LEAVING (as in Gone for Good)...or just traveling for work and expected home in a reasonable time...to continue "family life."  Did Erika just LEAVE?  Period.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

But are those men LEAVING (as in Gone for Good)...or just traveling for work and expected home in a reasonable time...to continue "family life."  Did Erike just LEAVE?  Period.

I don't think so.  I've seen pictures here with her, Tom, and her son as a boy.   She's never talked about it on the show but maybe someone that read her book can answer. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

That's a LOT of excuses, lol.   While I don't think she had anything to do with Tom's crimes (besides being a beneficiary) I do think she continues to show herself  devoid of common decency.  Over and over.  A second season centered around this offensive narcissist sounds terrible. 

I know. I realized that once I typed it all out. You can only excuse so much. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

On 11/4/2021 at 3:01 PM, princelina said:

Haha!  Just like another one of Bravo's dainty belles, Miss "Lala" Kent, who announced Tuesday on VDP Rules:  "The one thing that I stand on is that I'm a good mother fucker!!!"  🙄🤣

who has traumatic brain injuries and dementia and calls her crying several times a day.  Don't forget that bit - the first part doesn't make sense without it 😂😂😂

Right, and how does he have the sense to navigate a flip phone, scroll to contacts, scroll again, press on the contact and then hit dial all dealing with a TBI ?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

For some reason my machine didn't tape this the first time saw I just saw the end and wow, Erika was terrible again. But she must really love Tom or something because she's incapable of saying a bad word about the guy and not defending him.

One thing that stuck with me at the end was when Erika made her silly speech about how she was investigating the fraud or helping investigate it on behalf of the victims, she followed it up seconds later by saying she wanted all the *legitimate* claims to be paid. So basically following the only thing that's consistent with her, which is suggesting that if any of these claims are true it's probably an honest mistake--surely most of these claims are just nefarious people are just trying to use it to steal money from her!

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

I don't think so.  I've seen pictures here with her, Tom, and her son as a boy.   She's never talked about it on the show but maybe someone that read her book can answer. 

I think she frequently traveled to see him and vice versa. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Neither can Erika 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

For some reason my machine didn't tape this the first time saw I just saw the end and wow, Erika was terrible again. But she must really love Tom or something because she's incapable of saying a bad word about the guy and not defending him.

One thing that stuck with me at the end was when Erika made her silly speech about how she was investigating the fraud or helping investigate it on behalf of the victims, she followed it up seconds later by saying she wanted all the *legitimate* claims to be paid. So basically following the only thing that's consistent with her, which is suggesting that if any of these claims are true it's probably an honest mistake--surely most of these claims are just nefarious people are just trying to use it to steal money from her!

Only when it comes to his stealing from orphans and widows though. Erika's shown zero anger at Tom regarding the victims, but she's trashed him eft and right otherwise. While she'll say nice things about him too, she has no problem saying how mean and dismissive Tom can be, that he cheated on her throughout the years, wasn't supportive the way he appeared on the show, and that she finally couldn't take how unbearable he became. 

I give people benefit of the doubt for quite awhile, but I think it's clear the only reason Erika is watching what she says regarding Tom's crimes is to cover her own butt. It's not out of love imo or protecting him as Dorit said. 

• Love 8

On this last reunion episode I believe they showed the clip of Rinna in her garage with her daughters trying on her gowns. There appeared to be a zippered garment rack in the middle they weren’t accessing. Pure speculation, and I need to go back and watch again, but I wonder if Lisa is holding some of Erika’s ‘assets’ for her…

• Useful 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 11/3/2021 at 8:56 PM, RoseAllDay said:

I don’t think Erika sees Crystal as an enemy the way she does Sutton and Garcelle.

Yes  agree but I still think Erika is easier on Garcelle because she is an ACTUAL movie star! She sees Sutton as nobody that can connect her to stardom. Just a sort of meek woman who got a crap ton of $$ from a divorce settlement and for thr most part is kinda matronly.  

Garcelle doesn't seem to have a dog in this fight but we can all read the writing on the wall that she is not buying it. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, LilDumplin said:

On this last reunion episode I believe they showed the clip of Rinna in her garage with her daughters trying on her gowns. There appeared to be a zippered garment rack in the middle they weren’t accessing. Pure speculation, and I need to go back and watch again, but I wonder if Lisa is holding some of Erika’s ‘assets’ for her…

Things that make you go “hmmm…” I’m still puzzled by Rinna’s lapdog routine with Erika. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Mrs peel said:
On 11/6/2021 at 5:38 PM, JonnieUniteUs said:

Someone should have said, “maybe Sutton can borrow your necklace.”

None of them are quick enough on their feet for that retort!

How 'bout, "Maybe you can SELL Sutton your necklace"?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 11/9/2021 at 6:41 AM, LilDumplin said:

Interesting.  I don't believe that Rinna keeps all of those expensive gowns in her garage - I assumed they were brought in and set up for her to get camera time and show off those daughters.  But if they move 4 racks in and take 5 out, who's paying attention? 🤔

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, princelina said:
On 11/9/2021 at 4:41 AM, LilDumplin said:

Interesting.  I don't believe that Rinna keeps all of those expensive gowns in her garage - I assumed they were brought in and set up for her to get camera time and show off those daughters.  But if they move 4 racks in and take 5 out, who's paying attention? 🤔

I enjoyed LilDumplin's "pure speculation" more.

• LOL 3
On 11/7/2021 at 5:40 PM, Cosmocrush said:

She can't afford to revive the act; that thing was a money pit and probably inspired her criminal husband to continue stealing money.   It was always about the fame, not the talent or the money. 

Early on, I think Kyle made a comment to her about continuing her act (as though it was a legit job like Kyle's gigs are) and Erica didn't say anything.  Maybe I'm imagining it. 

Was Erika a spokesperson for Fenty Lingerie and they decided to drop her after when all the legal stuff came out?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Nicmar said:

Was Erika a spokesperson for Fenty Lingerie and they decided to drop her after when all the legal stuff came out?

This is from an online article in July:   Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Erika Jayne has been axed by Rihanna’s company and will no longer be asked to model the pop star’s lingerie amid accusations she stole from orphans and widows.  A source close to the situation spilled the details to The Sun.  Jayne’s six-month contract to be an ambassador for Savage X Fenty has not been renewed.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 11/3/2021 at 7:23 PM, FlyingEgret said:

Dont take my money - take back the salaries paid to the Legal Secretaries - ok now Erika has gone too far...

That just killed me.  The lawyers and paralegals and secretaries did work for which they were paid.  They weren't just spending millions of dollars that they did nothing to earn.  Is she saying she was Tom's employee?  

• Love 7
On 11/4/2021 at 11:40 AM, Pondlass1 said:

No matter how we feel about her, Erika is ratings gold and that’s all that matters.  Andy can’t stop grinning.  Profit will win over human decency every single time. It’s why most reality TV has descended into something ugly and depressing.

Well, I'm done. I'm done. I'M DONE!

• Applause 1
  • Love 8
On 11/26/2021 at 4:49 PM, ladle said:

Why does Kyle keep doubling down on her horrible fashion, reunion after reunion? Is she trying to troll us? I don’t get it. 

Or she IS an actual troll?

On 12/13/2021 at 9:19 AM, renatae said:

Well, I'm done. I'm done. I'M DONE!

Unless they film Erika being arrested and taken into custody - I will watch that episode (which I don’t, sadly, think will happen at all). I am done also.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9