Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E16: Threats and Promises

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, StevieRocks said:

How do these clod-hopping, unsophisticated, backwards-ass rubes not even know what a conch is?! 

These types of dinners are totally wasted on Howives. It’s like their palates only extend to grilled cheese. If they’re not turning up their lips and noses at it, spitting in their napkins, or gagging, they’re fighting and not eating.

I give Garcelle props for making an effort. Everything looked lovely. And yeah, these world travelers should know what conch is, unless they were thrown off by the correct pronunciation. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

Erika mentioned being extremely verbally abusive to her first husband which killed the marriage and when she tried to verbally berate Tom he simply told her You don’t talk like that. Not you don’t talk to me like that but you don’t talk like that. 
It reminded me of when I read in a metaphysical book years ago that said You can control a situation if you can control your emotion. But yeah maybe years of behaving properly combined with this mess has allowed all her deep buried self loathing to bubble up.

• Useful 8
  • Love 5

I’m not going to lie: I’m enjoying this season immensely. 

BUT, the “However did this lovely dinner party go off the rails?” trope is pretty stale when they’re in season one zillion of the show. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, J80134 said:

Yes, yes! Harry is a master of the meat AND the pie...with his special sauce delivered piping hot.   

Maybe Harry will bake that crow meat pie, with his special sauce, that Sutton is going to eventually cram down Kyle's throat.

That'd be cool.

• LOL 14
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

OK I am not caught up on the thread but I am re-watching the episode because I missed so much the first watch (constant distractions) including the PK Dori conversation that I’m looking forward to in a few min but I just saw the Garcelle Rinna conversation where Rinna is complaining that Garcelle did not thank them again for the damn sauce delivery after thanking them in person for it I mean holy shit did you see Garcelle‘s face she’s like what the fuck but she just let it go because she is as gracious as can be!

sorry I know that is possibly one of  the worst run on sentences but There may be a couple glasses of wine involved. 

Perfectly said! Agree that Garcelle was gracious to Rinna, who did not deserve it.

• Love 18
9 hours ago, J80134 said:

Lips acts like Harry's sauce comes with a diamond at the bottom of the bottle. Gar said thank you in person. Its not an "OMG, i can't believe you did this and I'm going to gush on and on about it" kinda gift. Its tomatoes and herbs stewed in a pot. Thoughtful, but not worthy of the bow down gratefulness Lips wants. Its pathetic that the best she can come up with for how Gar wronged her is this. Harry Hamlin is in Bulgaria (or wherever) pounding it out with a local and not giving 2 shits about Lips or her howife drama.

Not only that but it was something Harry made not Lisa. So she doesn’t bpneed to blather on. I’m sure Harry doesn’t GAF. Plus, something stops being a gift when you expect, even demand, constant thanks and praise for it. 

• Love 22

So, I went on Reddit for the 1st time ever bc someone said there was interesting stuff there about, Parts 1-3 of the Dinner From Hell.  Turns out it is pretty much follows the most of the  discussions here. I was surprised by how consistent the responses were:  Kyle is a viper, she's no friend to Sutton, stabbed Sutton in the back and then tried to gaslight her by claiming she was ONLY trying to HELP-- surprisingly, not a single Kyle supporter to be found;  Garcelle is a genuine and beautiful person, but how to explain why she speaks her mind about Ms. Girardi almost exclusively in talking heads and lets Sutton take the punches;   Erika is a monster, a low down thief and liar;  she seethes with so much fury and bitterness that she's damn near radioactive; none of the HWs actually like Erika-- they fear her anger;  Sutton is a hero with a small "h" but she is learning how to stand her ground and getting better and stronger with time; Crystal is a snobby mean girl who doesn't add much and only sides with Erika because she loves watching Sutton get a beating;  Lisa Rinna is irredeemable, THE END; Kathy puts on this eccentric, above it all act but was content to let a guest in her home get threatened and verbally abused; Dorit is annoying and dresses like a kook but at least attempted to say something to Erika in support of finding the truth;  who would have ever believed PK, of all people, would end up making sense. which is a remarkable thing in the RHOBH world;  if only we could send some of the HWs from other franchises,  sit them down with Erika and let her play her tough girl act to women who would either laugh in her face and/or put her in her place-- preference was given to the Atlanta and NJ crews and/or Bethany Frankel.

• Love 23
1 minute ago, KnoxForPres said:

This season will go down as one of the best across all franchises. It was gold. 

I will be drinking English tea with Lisa V watching Kyle, Lisa R and no name Crystal realizing they were on the wrong side of history. 

Garcelle and Dorit I think have played a good season (shout out to PK!).  Sutton for complete MVP and I am here for it. Let’s go ladies!   

real-housewives-lisa-vanderpump.gif

• LOL 15
  • Love 9
41 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

real-housewives-lisa-vanderpump.gif

Hell yes!   In the past most of just had fun- now it’s victims.  

No matter how I play it in mind I can never get to where I would “show teeth and threaten”.  Even if I didn’t give a fuck about humanity (which I very much do)) I’d play it “I was blindsided- I’ve started benefits for the victims”- she’s a stealth bitch 

I realize for legal reasons that may not possible but compassion could go a long way- we have seen none 

Edited by KnoxForPres
  • Love 18

Kyle said she had her shit too. We all know it would have been something like dealing with the stress of her husband's shadiness.

Or bees.

I'm experiencing the same thing I did way back when Teresa grifted - a swing from dismay to not being able to watch at all. My work is very stressful, a family member needs care, COVID continues to cut people down, it's 9-11 again...and I need to escape into something delightful and this ain't it.

I haven't watched the latest episode - it's sitting on my DVR. What bothers me most is that people are profiting off of Erika's shameful behavior, and worse, the victims. Andy, Bravo, the other housewives, advertisers...

I'll probably FF through parts of the reunion and end up turning it off when the Erika Redemption Show becomes unbearable. But I'll always keep reading here.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 17
22 hours ago, Maximona said:

Personally, I'm so shallow I'd keep Rinna around just to see more of the dresses in the garage.       <snip snip the rest of your hilariously brilliant post!>

My big takeaway from this episode, though, is that it's quite possible Dorit comes by that accent naturally.  I didn't realize her father was Israeli, and her mother was born in Tangiers.  When you grow up around parents who are not native English speakers, you do tend to internalize some of their weirder inflections.

I loved those garage gowns!

My cousin's mother is Israeli & her father is Hungarian. She speaks just like Dorit, so I think you're right. 

21 hours ago, Dutchgirl said:

Ah to dream...that would be just too satisfying. Fuck I hate her.

Does Kyle have any fans left? Show of hands.

I just turned in my card...

• Love 5

I hate to agree with Rinna, but I do think it would have been nice of Garcelle to say what she did with Harry's sauce, or how much her family enjoyed it, AFTER consuming it! I love Garcelle, but she strikes me as someone without a shred of self doubt who finds it hard to admit she's done anything less than perfect. I'd have liked to hear Garcelle say something like, "You know we really did love the sauce, had a great spaghetti dinner with the boys, & I should have let you know that!" I absolutely would have sent a thank you text afterwards...

• Love 5
On 9/8/2021 at 8:46 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Crystal what the fuck how could you???????????????????????  How could you become one of the worst and let Sutton become one of the best????????

I was rooting for her. We were all rooting for her 😂!

But really…such a disappointment. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Or bees.

I'm experiencing the same thing I did way back when Teresa grifted - a swing from dismay to not being able to watch at all. My work is very stressful, a family member needs care, COVID continues to cut people down, it's 9-11 again...and I need to escape into something delightful and this ain't it.

I haven't watched the latest episode - it's sitting on my DVR. What bothers me most is that people are profiting off of Erika's shameful behavior, and worse, the victims. Andy, Bravo, the other housewives, advertisers...

I'll probably FF through parts of the reunion and end up turning it off when the Erika Redemption Show becomes unbearable. But I'll always keep reading here.

I understand- we are in horrific times. However this episode was really good. If you’re a fan I think you’d be ok watching it.  It’s not delightful but PK brings the truth and Garcelle hosts a really nice dinner.  I wouldn’t recommend NY but I think you could watch this one. 

I can’t see an Erika redemption happening. It seems impossible. But if for some insane reason that happens we will let you know and scream “don’t watch!”.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, IslandGirl said:

I hate to agree with Rinna, but I do think it would have been nice of Garcelle to say what she did with Harry's sauce, or how much her family enjoyed it, AFTER consuming it! I love Garcelle, but she strikes me as someone without a shred of self doubt who finds it hard to admit she's done anything less than perfect. I'd have liked to hear Garcelle say something like, "You know we really did love the sauce, had a great spaghetti dinner with the boys, & I should have let you know that!" I absolutely would have sent a thank you text afterwards...

100% agree in normal times. If you TM Vicki “brought me a casserole” I’d let you know in person and call/text how much I enjoyed it.  

But Rinna calculated that move. She will hurt Garcelle every chance she gets and G isn’t dumb.  That sauce was to mitigate any past wrong doings. Be it Harry Hamlins sauce or a King Ranch Chicken casserole it was a- I reversed the truck, asked you to own why you’d say Tom calls Ericka, put it into drive and ran over you- here’s some Ragu!

• LOL 6
  • Love 17

I wonder if the reason that most of the cast stayed quiet during Sutton's being threatened is b/c they are afraid being vociferous will only bring attention to their husband's shady dealings.  For example, Mauricio and the real estate fraud he's had to settle.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, IslandGirl said:

My cousin's mother is Israeli & her father is Hungarian. She speaks just like Dorit, so I think you're right. 

Dorit's parents were on one of her early seasons.  Maybe someone watching the old episodes can tell us if they have accents?  I can't remember exactly but it seems like they did not. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, IslandGirl said:

Sure, I guess.  But honestly if someone that hadn't treated me that great recently came over unannounced to bring me sauce that I didn't ask for, I'm not sure I would do much more than say thank you.  And if she then made another special trip to my house to let me know I should have thanked her more than I did (this time on camera) I would have reacted just like Garcelle did - only maybe with more eyeroll.   

• Love 24

I saw this zombie movie, I forget the title but it terrified me because the zombies moved very quickly and snapped their teeth at their victims.  That’s what Erika reminded me of with the flat eyes and snappy teeth - a zombie.  An empty shell with no brain or common sense, just running on some greedy survival instinct.

• LOL 4
  • Love 13

So many great comments. This season is DELIVERING. I live in LA so there’s additional local interest in the case — the whole debacle is so wild and just so LA. 

To me, the story of Erika Jayne is a strong indication that Karma is alive and well, and knows exactly how to pack a wallop. Cunty energy isn’t as fun when it comes back to collect on its debts. 

Remember the vomit-inducing, out of character, fake affffff “The GANG is back together!” exclamation from EJ early this season when all “the girlz” were…kiki’ing on Kyle’s bed or something? I like to think about that during the dinner party scenes when the witch is unmasked and seething with rage. EJ has a lot of force; maybe Karma will help her find a way to channel it into something positive. P—y pops and Lambos didn’t get her very far in the grand scheme of her life. 

• Love 16
10 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Do you happen to know when the reunion was filmed?  or if it has been yet?  Erika's obviously lying her ass off about Tom and they know it, but they're none too bright and I'm not sure what was happening in real time with his business scandal that they were maybe processing, or considering "alleged" and waiting for proof, or too lazy to read.  But by the time the reunion rolls around there should be no question.

9 hours ago, IslandGirl said:

I hate to agree with Rinna, but I do think it would have been nice of Garcelle to say what she did with Harry's sauce, or how much her family enjoyed it, AFTER consuming it! 

I agree with you.  But I also find it rude when people tell you that you didn't thank them properly for something, so Garcelle was probably taken aback by that.

5 hours ago, HeddaGabler said:

I have been listening to so many podcasts and reading these threads so much i don’t remember who said that it is surprising to realize how much these women track each other’s clothes and purchases. Like Erika not knowing about Kyle’s Gucci pants was a big deal. Then, seeing Kyle looking at all that hideous jewelry and china and competing with Sutton? these dummies are so greedy. 

What do Kyle's man hands NOT need?  A giant hideous panther ring on her pinky!!!

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Garcelle may suspect that Rinna is using the show to promote Harry's cooking and a potential product (Harry's Sauce!).

Exactly what I was thinking!!  Rinna is a self-admitted "hustler" and will do almost anything for a buck, including exploiting her husband's joy of cooking/baking.  

I wouldn't be surprised if she's shopping the bolognese recipe around to manufacturers.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 7