Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E16: Threats and Promises

• Start Topic

I think the only good thing I have to say about Erika is that she did seem to have a healthy appetite.  It’s annoying to see much of the food on Beverly Hills going to waste.  NY Sonja would bring Tupperware for leftovers and eat free for a week. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, SimonSeymour said:

Yes! Especially if anyone remembers season two (I think it was season two?), when Russell threatened to sue Camille (and maybe the rest of the cast?) for talking about his abuse of Taylor. 

Kyle wouldn’t let Taylor and Russell inside to attend the party. 

But she’ll still film with Erika despite Erika threatening Sutton with a lawsuit?

They all should have been on their phones to their lawyers after Kathy's dinner.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
On 9/11/2021 at 2:11 PM, Cosmocrush said:

Dorit's parents were on one of her early seasons.  Maybe someone watching the old episodes can tell us if they have accents?  I can't remember exactly but it seems like they did not.

I remember thinking when I watched that episode that they _did_ have accents which explains Dorit’s accent. I’ve never understood the big deal and I think she’s been consistent in how she pronounces things.  

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, SimonSeymour said:

Yes! Especially if anyone remembers season two (I think it was season two?), when Russell threatened to sue Camille (and maybe the rest of the cast?) for talking about his abuse of Taylor. 

But she’ll still film with Erika despite Erika threatening Sutton with a lawsuit?

I think Kyle would have if solidarity among the other housewives (especially Adrienne and Camille, ) wasn’t  so strong. All of them were unified in being legitimately worried and upset. As a group (sans Kyle) they used to have a backbone and also be self aware enough to realize that any fall out could fall on them.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, abc123 said:

I remember thinking when I watched that episode that they _did_ have accents which explains Dorit’s accent. I’ve never understood the big deal and I think she’s been consistent in how she pronounces things.  

Okay, I'll buy it because now I remember Dorit telling us that while she was born and raised in Connecticut her parents were not Americans.   And that she speaks multiple languages.  But your point about her being consistent is a good one as well. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SimonSeymour said:

Hey now, pointer sisters must stick together!

47690273-9971831-image-a-65_163116718022

fingers-pointed

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I think the only good thing I have to say about Erika is that she did seem to have a healthy appetite.  It’s annoying to see much of the food on Beverly Hills going to waste.  NY Sonja would bring Tupperware for leftovers and eat free for a week. 

And didn’t Sonja put crab legs or lobster or something in a doggie bag? At some pool party in the Hamptons? I remember thinking eww, how gauche! All RH franchises need a Sonja 😄.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 9/12/2021 at 4:12 PM, RealHousewife said:

Both Dorit and PK politely and calmly apologized, but Erika was going off like he had assaulted her. Cursing, asking why he was there, demanding apologies to Tom.

It's cute to imagine Tom would require someone to apologize for looking at his wife's cooch. Meanwhile, this. #MyKittysLikeAPython

Personally, I agree with PK and wouldn't put it past her to do it on purpose (wear no undees, short skirt, sit across from men, Peek-a-Boo!).

• Love 8
On 9/12/2021 at 12:23 PM, Jacijo said:

I wish Patrick had grabbed that bell and shoved it in Labia-lips big mouth.  I’m sick of her hunch back false cackle that she does.  She is a common and uncouth fishwife.  I hope somebody hands her a bunny at the reunion!

If Erika growls and snarls in Sutton’s face again or mentions a small town, then she needs to start singing that Human League song which starts “you were working as a waitress in a cocktail bar, when he met you”.  (It’s on utube) sorry I can’t link yet.   Nasty and vicious excuse for a woman.

Crystal is a brown nosed mean girl who is glad it’s not her being treated in the same way as Sutton.

As a Brit (Welsh), Dorito doesn’t have an English accent to me, but I hear the Cockney in PKs voice quite strongly. which she’s picked up a little.

All of this. Regarding Erika,  I was Team Erika for a season or so until I saw her attacking the women in the group who seem more sensitive. She’d never go after someone like Kathy Hilton, but she’ll shred poor Sutton because deep down, Erika is weak. Attacking Sutton is like attacking a kitten. 

I also dislike Rinna’s cackle and the way she yells “Helloooooo” when she enters a room. 

Feel the same about Crystal (for now). I love her hair, though. It’s nice to have another dark-haired woman in a sea of bleach blonde (besides Kyle and Rinna goes back and forth)

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 13
19 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I also dislike Rinna’s cackle and the way she yells “Helloooooo” when she enters a room. 

Did you notice Rinna's over-the-top YAYAYYAYAYYAYYYYYY! when Erika entered Garcelle's? Ridiculous. Then ~crickets~ for poor Sutten.

Rinna and Erika have the same agent and ALLEGEDLY Erika paid DNA (Rinna's daughter's company) $150k for something. Rinna is just sniffing out money because she has none.

Such shitty mean girl behaviour. 

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Dutchgirl said:

Did you notice Rinna's over-the-top YAYAYYAYAYYAYYYYYY! when Erika entered Garcelle's? Ridiculous. Then ~crickets~ for poor Sutten.

Rinna and Erika have the same agent and ALLEGEDLY Erika paid DNA (Rinna's daughter's company) $150k for something. Rinna is just sniffing out money because she has none.

The DNA Erika paid is a video production compan.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Dutchgirl said:

She was shitty, too, by trying to deny remembering anything that happened at the party because she was “drunk”. She was the one who got it going with that damn bell and “let’s play a game”, and then she sat there looking down at her lap and smirking when Sutton was getting reamed by Erika. “Look what started!” She set up the whole confrontation, really.

Rinna, just like with claiming you didn’t remember telling Eden Sassoon that Kim was on “the verge of death,” you: A) are full of shit; B) need to stop drinking because you are blacking out; or C) have memory issues that should be checked. I vote for A. Or maybe A and B.

Her phoniness makes me gag. Remember her opening the door last year to Denise — “Den-i-i-ise!” followed by a big hug like seeing a long-lost friend — and then the claws came out?

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Love 20
3 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

Her phoniness makes me gag. Remember her opening the door last year to Denise — “Den-i-i-ise!” followed by a big hug like seeing a long-lost friend — and then the claws came out?

Poor Denise. That was awful. She was completely blindsided. It's like Rinna brings her friends on just to torpedo them.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, politichick said:

The DNA Erika paid is a video production compan.

Was it? It was rumored that Erika gave Rinna $5 million (yeah, right) but then the $150k came up. A little more believable. There has to be some reason Rinna is pulling out all the stops to defend this chick. Rinna's only motivation is life is money, so I wouldn't be surprised if Erika slid her some cash somewhere

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Dutchgirl said:

Poor Denise. That was awful. She was completely blindsided. It's like Rinna brings her friends on just to torpedo them.

Or goes over to their house like she did to Garcelle this episode to let us know that she gave Garcelle some of Harry's sauce and that Garcelle did not thank her enough for it. 

• Love 14
20 hours ago, jinjer said:

I haven't posted in forever but a couple of things:

Rinna with the fish comments at Garcelle's beautiful dinner - you all ate Caviar Pie last week at Kathy's and not a word about not eating fish. And Kyle made some burnt Salmon. You had trips to the Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Cabo and Hong Kong - all known for fish and we never heard anything about fish. Are you going to tell me she never ate sushi before. I would love for someone to find a snippet of her eating fish. This lying harpy.

Kathy Hilton sat Sutton next to Erika at the table and did the Thomasina nonsense - she's a grade A shit stirrer, she also "never heard of Sutton" doesn't think it's a big deal that Erika & Co stole millions from widows and orphans bc everyone has skeletons? She didn't talk to Kyle for 10 years for outing Kim's alcoholism on TV bc she didn't want people to know and was pissed about potentially airing Big Kathy's dirty laundry about their family. I don't see her wanting people talking about Barron being in jail. No one wants their name attached to crime - it's not just a sex tape like Paris. Wait till the tax fraud comes down.

In the after show Sutton says that Erika said something unspeakable. Later she said that Erika made threats against her and her family. Her Family. Why would any of them want to film with Erika ever? 

Watching the clips from the episode on the aftershow (thanks, jinjer) - I think it's important to note that Sutton NEVER actually said the word "Liar" when talking to or about Erika.  Sutton said that she was confused by a lot of what has been said or written, she said that Erika wasn't being entirely truthful, but as far as I can recall, she never said "You're a fucking liar, Erika!!!"  (TM-Kyle to Camille).

Erika was actually the one who turned to Sutton and said "Are you calling me a liar?" Again, Sutton gave a fairly thoughtful and considerate response, but Erika went in for the kill like a viper playing with it's next meal before swallowing it whole.

I understand that the word "liar" can be triggering and is a huge insult to many, but not to level that Erika took it with Sutton and also with Eileen and, dare I say it, Teddi.  There is something deep inside her past that triggers her when she thinks someone thinks she is lying.  Erika is really becoming unhinged and it is almost laughable how she is over-acting.  It's all smoke and mirrors.  She seems to be a shell - hollow and cold.  How sad that is how someone chooses to live. 

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 18
23 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Watching the clips from the episode on the aftershow (thanks, jinjer) - I think it's important to note that Sutton NEVER actually said the word "Liar" when talking to or about Erika. 

Thank. You. I meant to rewatch it to check that bc I didn’t remember her using the words “liar” or “thief”. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

I understand that the word "liar" can be triggering and is a huge insult to many, but not to level that Erika took it with Sutton and also with Eileen and, dare I say it, Teddi.  There is something deep inside her past that triggers her when she thinks someone thinks she is lying.  Erika is really becoming unhinged and it is almost laughable how she is over-acting.  It's all smoke and mirrors.  She seems to be a shell - hollow and cold.  How sad that is how someone chooses to live. 

I think it’s because she knows she’s not being totally straight with anybody. Outright lies here; truth-bending there. I hesitate to call it a “guilty conscience” with her; it’s more like she hates it when she thinks somebody’s caught on to her act. 

She keeps people off-guard by her way-over-the-top reactions to comments that any reasonable person would know are totally innocent, especially coming from someone they know. Eileen and Teddi were victims of this (they made poor word choices, maybe, but with no ill intent). This is when I just wish the women wouldn’t enable her with any kind of reaction —  it’s a bully move, ignore it. She does it to shut people up. If that doesn’t work, she cries “persecution.”

With Sutton, things weren’t adding up, and if she offered to loan (or did loan) money to Erika, then she had every right to want to get the facts straight. But that would hit just a little too close to the truth for Erika, hence the viciousness.

She does need help — at least anger management. I’m over this woman.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

She does it to shut people up. If that doesn’t work, she cries “persecution.”

Yes, this.  It also serves to put the questioner on the defense, as the "conversation" turns to whether they were in the wrong to say anything instead of on questioning Erika about her lies and expecting answers.

How dare you ask me questions about my lies!

How dare you tell everyone I dumped the puppy!

Edited by izabella
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

There is something deep inside her past that triggers her when she thinks someone thinks she is lying.  Erika is really becoming unhinged and it is almost laughable how she is over-acting. 

Or maybe not that deep.  Being called a liar or even thinking she's being called a liar triggers her because she IS a liar.  About things big and small.   Either her marriage was a nightmare and she lied to everyone how great Tom was or it was good and she's lying now.   

Did she know the extent of Tom's crimes?  I doubt it but who knows?  But even if she was completely innocent in all that mess,  I think she's still shown herself to be an odious, disgusting person in so many ways over the years; not the least  of which is cutting and running when the money is gone. 

• Love 19
12 hours ago, Dutchgirl said:

Was it? It was rumored that Erika gave Rinna $5 million (yeah, right) but then the $150k came up. A little more believable. There has to be some reason Rinna is pulling out all the stops to defend this chick. Rinna's only motivation is life is money, so I wouldn't be surprised if Erika slid her some cash somewhere

Pretty sure DNA is the production company. Confusion understandable. But yeah —  the way Rinna has been quiet on all this is puzzling. Any other time (see Yolanda and Denise, for instance), she’d be running around, playing amateur detective and screeching “own it!” Here…crickets. Unless she’s setting up Sutton. Something ain’t right here.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

OMG, did anyone watching the "never before scene"?  At Garcelle's dinner, Kyle told a story she clearly thought was hi-lar-i-ous about the time she and Mauricio were on an early date and went to get certified for scuba diving.  Right when they were about to get in the water, the body of a dead scuba diver was recovered and pulled out of the water. 

Kyle used every muscle that could move to smirk and make faces, gestured wildly as though she were the life of the party telling tall tales to a rapt crowd, and even acted out the rigor mortis in the diver's arms.  And then made it all about her and joked about making Mauricio marry her after all that, while laughing and smirking throughout.

Only Sutton and Garcelle were horrified.  The other hyenas Laughed and cackled often and loudly, especially Crystal who even threw her head back to do so.

JFC.  Kyle is lucky they didn't show this on the show.  That was a disgusting low, even for her.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, izabella said:

OMG, did anyone watching the "never before scene"?  At Garcelle's dinner, Kyle told a story she clearly thought was hi-lar-i-ous about the time she and Mauricio were on an early date and went to get certified for scuba diving.  Right when they were about to get in the water, the body of a dead scuba diver was recovered and pulled out of the water. 

Kyle used every muscle that could move to smirk and make faces, gestured wildly as though she were the life of the party telling tall tales to a rapt crowd, and even acted out the rigor mortis in the diver's arms.  And then made it all about her and joked about making Mauricio marry her after all that, while laughing and smirking throughout.

Only Sutton and Garcelle were horrified.  The other hyenas Laughed and cackled often and loudly, especially Crystal who even threw her head back to do so.

JFC.  Kyle is lucky they didn't show this on the show.  That was a disgusting low, even for her.

I haven't seen that yet, but yikes. Kyle can be really oversensitive sometimes, but then she can also be incredibly insensitive. I'm a sensitive person but try to behave like an adult. However, I am awful with death and really try to be kind if someone is grieving or there's anything death related. It's amazing to me someone who tears up so easily thought that was a funny story and was unkind to her grieving friend. I don't get her. 

I'm convinced Sutton and Garcelle are the only two who are right in the head. 

• Love 10
On 9/9/2021 at 11:25 AM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I've been to the Bahamas and I've had conch fritters. And they are good! Basically, conch to me is like clams or muscles or even soft-shelled crabs - they're just another shellfish. So if you like shellfish, you are probably going to like conch.

I wasn't particularly interested in hearing about Dorit's first date with PK (though good on her for catching the vibe that she was getting a little long-winded). But I would have liked to know more about the kind of food her parents cooked! 

Just when you want to hear the story "Dorit checks herself" I promise you , if you didn't want to hear the shit she would have gone on forever.  

9 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I haven't seen that yet, but yikes. Kyle can be really oversensitive sometimes, but then she can also be incredibly insensitive. I'm a sensitive person but try to behave like an adult. However, I am awful with death and really try to be kind if someone is grieving or there's anything death related. It's amazing to me someone who tears up so easily thought that was a funny story and was unkind to her grieving friend. I don't get her. 

I'm convinced Sutton and Garcelle are the only two who are right in the head. 

Kyle thought it was a funny story because that's who she really is. those tears are always fake. 

• Love 6
On 9/14/2021 at 10:36 AM, njbchlover said:

Watching the clips from the episode on the aftershow (thanks, jinjer) - I think it's important to note that Sutton NEVER actually said the word "Liar" when talking to or about Erika.  Sutton said that she was confused by a lot of what has been said or written, she said that Erika wasn't being entirely truthful, but as far as I can recall, she never said "You're a fucking liar, Erika!!!"  (TM-Kyle to Camille).

Erika was actually the one who turned to Sutton and said "Are you calling me a liar?" Again, Sutton gave a fairly thoughtful and considerate response, but Erika went in for the kill like a viper playing with it's next meal before swallowing it whole.

Well she did call Erika a liar while discussing it with Kyle. Sutton said she has lied to us already and she keep on telling lies. 

• Love 2
On 9/14/2021 at 9:51 AM, Cosmocrush said:

Or goes over to their house like she did to Garcelle this episode to let us know that she gave Garcelle some of Harry's sauce and that Garcelle did not thank her enough for it. 

I hate people like Rhinna. Garcelle thanked Harry while they were there . How many times do you have to say thank you to a person.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, byrd said:

I hate people like Rhinna. Garcelle thanked Harry while they were there . How many times do you have to say thank you to a person.

Yup, and again, if Vanderpump said something like that, they'd call her out for being petty. Rinna, Erika, and Kyle have different rules for themselves. 

• Love 11
On 9/11/2021 at 12:11 PM, Cosmocrush said:

Dorit's parents were on one of her early seasons.  Maybe someone watching the old episodes can tell us if they have accents?  I can't remember exactly but it seems like they did not. 

They both did have accents.  I was wondering where they were from after hearing her mom speaking, they definitely had accents.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 9/16/2021 at 6:47 PM, RealHousewife said:

Yup, and again, if Vanderpump said something like that, they'd call her out for being petty. Rinna, Erika, and Kyle have different rules for themselves. 

Yes, well we know they were all very jealous of Lisa anyway, Erick was always jealous because Tom liked Lisa. Kyle was not going to be be content until she took her down and used Brandi to help her do it.  Remember Lisa has her own show, Vanderpump Rules.  I believe they were jealous of her success and fan appeal. Lisa was the reason I started watching, she was what a Beverly Hill housewife should be , a wife, pretty, rich, and I loved seeing her home life it was  pure eye candy for me.. my opinion.. Sutton is ok but she 's not a Lisa. I like Cathy because I feel she has good character , but even with all of her money she is lacking in  style, and appeal , she doesn't have that finesse  or flair that Lisa has. 

• Love 6
On 9/16/2021 at 9:57 AM, byrd said:

Now I know why my Granny always said that when someone gives you something, or does something for you (even though you've thanked them profusely in person) you always,  always send a little handwritten note or card. If it was something big, then you send a small thank you gift. She must have had friends like Rinna! 😂 

Every time I see this episode title, that one Whitesnake song plays in my head, with a few lyric mods. 🎶 Hanging on to promises, and threats of yesterday... 🎼 (with deepest apologies to Whitesnake 😆)

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Every time I see this episode title, that one Whitesnake song plays in my head, with a few lyric mods. 🎶 Hanging on to promises, and threats of yesterday... 🎼 (with deepest apologies to Whitesnake 😆)

Funny, I always think of "Threat Level Midnight," the movie Michael Scott made on the Office.

• LOL 5
On 9/12/2021 at 3:13 PM, gingerella said:

So too does that Cartier panther ring on her chunky man hands, but Kyle is all about outward appearances and labels. It's all she has because inside she's a hollow shell of nothing.

haha So bitchy. Love it <3 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Now I know why my Granny always said that when someone gives you something, or does something for you (even though you've thanked them profusely in person) you always,  always send a little handwritten note or card. If it was something big, then you send a small thank you gift. She must have had friends like Rinna! 😂 

Granny was right !

• Love 2
On 9/15/2021 at 8:06 PM, izabella said:

Glad I missed this.  It’s so like Bravo to air this. And this just proves how lacking these women really are of any kind of empathy or humanity. Soulless, really.

Somebody died, and it’s a laugh riot with these shrews. These kinds of deaths can be gruesome, and for Kyle to mock it…JFC is right. 😞

My opinion of and esteem for Garcelle and Sutton just went through the roof. Not surprised at Crystal — she wants to sit at the cool kids’ table and will say or do whatever to get them to like her. Her stock just dropped big time with me.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Love 8

Rewatching this, and that was a real dick move by Rinna letting Erika know she wasn’t invited to Dorit’s house. Also, the way she said it — she loved spilling that. 

Sutton’s right — she’s doing their dirty work for them, and they leave her twisting in the wind. 

Edited by RoseAllDay
Better wording.
  • Love 8
On 9/13/2021 at 6:51 PM, SimonSeymour said:

I remember.

Camilla dragged that skeleton out of the closet and into the blinding light of day.

I have a feeling this season would have been so much more satisfying had Camille been on board.

camille2.jpg

• Love 8