Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E13: Season’s Grillings

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

What's this show playing with Brandi Glanville???

I thought it was Charo until her name came up.

About the wasted food, it looked like one of them was turning their plate like a lazy Susan, like they didn’t quite know what to do with so much food in front of them.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1

On a different topic, what craptastic holiday decorations they have.  Absolutely nothing that seemed to have any personal connection with their families.  I wonder if it was all rented?  

Dorit had a Menorah on her Christmas tree, ok then.  Kyle is Jewish but has 3 Christmas trees?  I didn’t see a Menorah anywhere.

put me on the side of those who don’t think Kyle made the dinner (though she may know how to cook.)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

How did the guy sleep at nights?

Next to Erika.  He knew that the minute he stopped bankrolling her pop star hobby, she would be gone.  Maybe he thought he'd die before anyone found out? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, endure said:

I was stunned by the foil roasters! Doesn't she have nice serving platters, bowls, stainless even?

I don’t think Kyle cooked that meal. I think it was delivered by a catering firm which just sent over one or two people to physically set up the food. It looked like the way those kinds of meals are delivered as the catering company doesn’t expect to get back any of the packaging.  

I don’t know what it is like in other areas but there is a lot of those kinds of packages for holiday dinners in Los Angeles. 

I think Kyle can cook but preparing that many different dishes is a lot of work even though the dishes themselves are pretty simple. Cooking a lasagna and slicing up some bread for an informal dinner is completely different than preparing multiple dishes for a holiday type of feast  

Also it looked like whatever meats had been presliced and just put in the foil containers. No evidence of a turkey carcass or ham in the kitchen. 

Edited by amarante
  • Useful 4
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I don't remember Kyle having a glam squad before. Ok, not a squad, but a glam person?

I do remember she'd have someone come before her White Parties at the old house.  I specifically remember because I didn't know that was even possible. 

1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

5. Erika had actually no emotion or affect during this whole conversation, she sounded like a robot.

I think she was on Xanax or something similar.  It's probably why she didn't drink.  I remember a really terrible time in my life when multiple things came apart at once (marriage, job) and I called my doc and told her I was afraid I was going to stroke out.  She told me to come in and gave me some of the good stuff plus Xanax.  She wouldn't refill it but it helped me cope in the short term.   So yeah, I'm thinking she is probably on something.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Useful 5
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, amarante said:

I don’t think Kyle cooked that meal. I think it was delivered by a catering firm which just sent over one or two people to physically set up the food. It looked like the way those kinds of meals are delivered as the catering company doesn’t expect to get back any of the packaging.  
I don’t know what it is like in other areas but there is a lot if those kinds of packages fir holiday dinners in Los Angeles. 
I think Kyle can cook but preparing that many different dishes is a lot of work even thigh the dishes themselves are pretty simple. Also it looked like whatever meats had been presliced and just put in the foil containers. No evidence of a Turkey carcass or ham in the kitchen. 

I can cook but find it overwhelming to have a lot cooking at once, even if everything's easy individually. A bunch of dishes for an on-camera dinner party would stress me out. I don't know if it's no big deal for more seasoned cooks or what. 

11 minutes ago, Miss Slay said:

I thought the majority of the women appeared very fake during their dinner with Erika. She's going to see what you said, ladies. 

I'm really not liking Dorit this season - between her tonedeaf comments about race last episode to her calling Garcelle a bully next episode. I'd like to see her leave the show soon.

Also, has anyone noticed the toxic clique that has developed between Rinna, Erika, Kyle, and Dorit? They make sure to stick together and pick one person every year to go after -- usually so that person will leave the show. I think they picked Garcelle this season but all the Erika stuff came up. I find it to be boring and repetitive. The show would be better if atleast two people from the clique were gone.

All this. I've often defended Dorit. There were times I took her side regarding drama with Kyle, Erika, Rinna, even a bit with Vanderpump. She's really rubbing me the wrong way this season though. I don't like the clique at all. First they went after Vanderpump, then Denise, and I also think the target would have been Garcelle if it weren't for Erika's scandals. I'd choose Erika and Rinna to be out. They're the two most toxic imo. 

• Love 20
20 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Also it looked like whatever meats had been presliced and just put in the foil containers. No evidence of a Turkey carcass or ham in the kitche

This doesn't mean it wasn't catered but there was a shot of a whole turkey (in a foil roasting pan) and Kyle's housekeeper carving a turkey with an electric knife.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Not Dorito trying to come for Garcelle. Her and her fake accent and shady business dealings do not want that smoke. 

It was especially rich, listening to Dorito preaching about financial integrity and citing her grifter husband as an authority on finance, knowing that the two of them are in hock to the IRS and the CA Franchise Tax Board to the tune of millions in back taxes. They’re one step ahead of debtors’ prison.

And she consistently dresses like a high-end street walker. What’s with the sheer leggings and thigh high boots? I keep hearing Blair Waldorf’s voice…”Leggings are not pants!”

• Love 17

Erika at the party:

"I don't know if the rats are leaving the ship, or if I'm leaving the rats".

No Erika, YOU'RE  the rat that's leaving the party!

Was impressed with Sutton's research & comprehension skills (I know it's a low bar with these women), and sticking to her guns without getting rattled or emotional.

I was kind of rooting for Dorit at the pre-party confab they had, but it seems she misplaced her spine.

Garcelle's holiday meal looked delicious - I'm normally not a ham fan, but hers looked really appetizing, and I was very intrigued by the Haitian specialities she made - I would love to try the plantains & pork dish she made.

Kyle's meal (whether she cooked it or not) had me salivating as well - especially that shot of her dipping a slice of turkey into hot gravy. It's blazing hot August, but suddenly I'm daydreaming about holiday meals!

Go Garcelle & Sutton!

• Love 22
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Erika actually tried to shame Sutton for reading the LA Times article.  To quote her, that’s “not cool.”

also, Rinna can go to hell.  She sounds like a loon with the unconditional support of Erika.

B- - - h

T- - t

C - - t

She is beyond.

No one has invented a word that accurately describes Erika.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, Marley said:

Erika is a dumb bitch. I can’t stand looking at her stupid face. I hope ppl stick up for Sutton because Erika is going to make it her mission to be a total fucking c*** to her for the rest of the season.

Rinna can shut the fuck up.

Garcelle is my new fave. Cracked me up when she called Teddi a gnat. Also she finally pointed out the victims.

Tom has been ripping ppl off for years so this whole 3 year thing with his diminished health is a legal strategy at this point and to me proves that.Erika knew what was going on even more because she keeps repeating it.

When she kept saying I wonder where the money is it’s like bitch you spent it on your joke of a pop career and private jets and everything Tom bought you. There’s no way she didn’t know where that money was coming from. She just didn’t care. Disgusting human beings.

Lol it also sounded like if Erika really didn’t know all that money with Tom that she probably wants to find it and have it for herself.

You win the internet Olympics.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

he managed to keep his own lies straight whenever he talked to the victims, coming up with stories of why he just couldn't give them the money they were owed, darn it, no matter how much he wanted to!

For those of us who don't have Hulu, did the show cover exactly what story he told the victims for not being able to give them their money?

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

She doesn’t know what happened to the money?  Well, $20mm went to you and your paid friends.  And never was so much money wasted.   

I can’t find ANY value in anything she spent money on.

(Except that she makes me feel superior to her.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, MsTree said:

For those of us who don't have Hulu, did the show cover exactly what story he told the victims for not being able to give them their money?

I will try, but I know others will describe the events better.

Tom claimed that the lawyer the authorities assigned to police the compensation funds was waffling or dropping the ball.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Erika actually tried to shame Sutton for reading the LA Times article.  To quote her, that’s “not cool.”

When you don’t read (documents), the only places you go are prison or back to Shakers. #readingiscool

2F24BE78-6A17-4481-9B70-1D43497CB2F5.png

Edited by MrsWitter
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14

I wonder if the federal raid a while back was due to suspicions of money laundering?

Interesting that no one said to Erika that everyone has seen where a lot of the money went (luxurious lifestyle, her business, etc.). No one on the show has brought that up - why not? It's such a simple concept. Her Bravo storyline has been all of the money she spends.

Erika looked like the dog's dinner at Kyle's party. Her face looked like one of those drawings that show you where to put makeup. Clearly she's doing her own glam now.

Except for Sutton (and Rinna), they all went from pretty strong statements against Erika at Dorit's house to meek declarations of support at Kyle's dinner. Even Garcelle pulled her punches.

Kyle's meal was clearly catered, and it appears that the caterers arrived kind of late. Kyle flapped around pretending that she was more involved.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 12

Marley said: "Tom has been ripping ppl off for years so this whole 3 year thing with his diminished health is a legal strategy at this point and to me proves that. Erika knew what was going on even more because she keeps repeating it.

When she kept saying I wonder where the money is it’s like bitch you spent it on your joke of a pop career and private jets and everything Tom bought you. There’s no way she didn’t know where that money was coming from."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

^ This is the overwhelming sentiment I feel, as well. ^

As for how Erika looked ... tons of make-up and, she indeed looked like she has not been sleeping.

As for Sutton and Garcelle ... right on, girls!

And, as is usually the case, Kathy has the best comment/insight of an episode: "this is good practice".

Edited by filmfan2480
  • Love 20
8 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

Ms. Accountability Coach can miss me with her impassioned “we don’t know, none of us know” speech. She filmed this in December 2020, after her All In program was dragged in a bunch of media outlets that Fall after former clients detailed the bullying and toxicity fundamental to her MLM-esque scheme. 

I’m no defender of Erika, but IMO, Teddi might be just as bad. She’s running a cultish scam where women pay her and her “coaches” to berate them into an eating disorder. And engaging in really shady financial practices to keep it going (like having clients for their services via the “friends and family” method on PayPal). I’m not saying Teddi’s crimes and Tom’s are the same, but Teddi is the leader and architect of her con, while Erika was a beneficiary of Tom’s. 

Time for the underfed little “gnat” to go away.

I wonder if Teddi had to take pictures of her plate of food she had a Christmas Dinner. That plate looked more than the 500 calories per day your allowed on her so called diet! lol

• LOL 11
  • Love 4

The fact that Erika said she has not spoken to her lawyer about how to deal with the items published and just through out the day questions the HW's might ask on camera is just plain stupid.  I would have thought her team would have grilled her about how to answer questions as in taking the 5th or changing the subject, are they really okay with Erika attempting to build her defense via this show?  

Side note, Erika outfit looked like she shopped at the Limited, is that her way of showing how humble she is now, not one designer label screaming on that outfit and her make up was awful, she is so pretty with the less is more look and she did that to herself?

Sutton, looked fabulous in her green silk and stole ensemble, I thought she tread lightly but did okay in conveying her thoughts but unfortunately she will forever be on Erika's shit list for that.

Garcelle is not afraid to call out anyone and she did a great job at that dinner, once again we have Dorit tripping over her brain/mouth connection trying to fence sit, she will never pick a lane when it comes to Erika for whatever reason.

Kyle did not make any of that food, the tin chafers are below my standards with having catering at my house so I was shocked it was okay with Kyle, given her two attempts to cook for the HW's, no way did she whip up any of what was served.

Teddi? Did we know she was invited? Whatever.

Kathy, she is a refreshing change...her folksy expressions make no sense and fails to understand the Honky Dory type of expressions we all know...her line about the dinner time questioning of Erika was good practice for her was the funniest tension relieving quip and probably the only thing she said at dinner.  Her dress was awful, that is the real crime, all that money and she had that in her closet but so far I love Kathy so wearing bad fashion can be over looked I guess.

If Erika goes to jail which of the HW's will go visit her?

• Love 9
10 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

I hate to kick someone when they’re down….except Erika.  She looked really bad at Kyle’s dinner.  Makeup and hair was a mess.  Her outfit was not good.  Was she going for “down-trodden” and whatever she thinks “poor” looks like?  Her acting shtick isn’t getting better either, and she’s been preparing for one hell of a role when it’s trial time.  The self driving to the party was just a tad OTT too. Her world weary, monotone, apathetic manner of (not) answering any questions was laughable.  

Rinna is a garbage person. Whatever dirt that is tying her to Erika’s butthole will come out eventually.  Her reputation suffered last year after attacking Denise (on top of her past bullying of other previous cast mates), and I can’t wait to see how she’ll try to wiggle out of her blind loyalty to Erika’s complicity in Tom’s serial thievery.  

Dorit is not quite a garbage person, but she is cutting it close. Her two faced attitude with Sutton and Erika is so typical for her. She is just so stupid. When she told the group of girls that she too had “consulted with people” about potential damage via association w/ Erika, the editors revealed  her crackerjack legal eagles were PK and Boy George?!?!?  Although…PK giving advice on navigating treacherous waters of financials woes has worked so well for him already. He hasn’t been jailed.  He hasn’t paid back loans or debts. And he keeps getting to move into multimillion dollar homes every 6 months.  Maybe Erika will hire PK as an advisor on how to temporarily dodge the karma train.

Sutton is smarter than she’s given credit.  Aside from being literate enough to read and comprehend a newspaper article (even a really long one), she is savvy in the ways of detecting bullshit.  I would watch her over Dorit or Rinna any day.  A show with Sutton, Garcelle and Crystal as front runners would be much more enjoyable.  Kyle and Kathy can be “friends”, but Dorit, Rinna and Erika can fall off the planet anytime. 

Dog dumper Dorit is, and has always been, a trash person. I thought she was trying a redemption ark, but her near hysterical tantrum over having to rinse a dish last week and her usual phony two faced routine last night ruined that. Not that she could ever redeem herself to me. I detest her. 

• Love 19

Random thoughts:

The zoom in on the house brand bags of frozen peas was awesome

It wouldn't surprise me if Kyle has a in home deli meat slicer, that ham was beautiful

EJ drove herself and was drinking pop so she can leave when she wanted to

I feel Sutton's forensic account found a boatload of money in her divorce

Where there two buffets set up?

Erica looked awful and not in a "i'm getting sued" kind of way, in a "I lost my glam squad and I don't know how to dress myself or apply make up" kind of way.

Kathy and the "it gives you practice" line was GREAT

• Love 16
1 hour ago, CainF said:

Erika, you are no Meryl Streep.  And why you thought any of this season would help you in this legal mess is beyond me.  Putting your cold persona on display and repeating these stories are not helping, but I did appreciate that Tom's timeline for his mental illness is now slightly longer at 3, 3 and a half or whatever it was, years ago when Erika started noticing.  An important detail, since clearly it's established that 3 years just doesn't line up.

One of the other problems with blaming dementia for Tom is that there are lots of witnesses who will be able to testify that they saw no change in his behavior - or more importantly - change in his cognitive functions.

He was actually giving speeches before professional meetings up to the end. I am not sure what the timeline was for those speeches but one of the lawyers interviewed on the Hulu documentary described interacting with him and viewing the speeches and doubting he was impaired. I realized that AZ patients can have lucid moments but it seems unlikely that he would be able to have carried on as a professional person as well as meeting multiple people in his persona of big shot/power broker and NO ONE would have noticed.

I don't know exactly when Erika knew ALL of the sordid details but all of this coverup - starting with the "divorce" is definitely a plan by the two of them to coordinate in an attempt to build a defense and to preserve assets. Tom was deposed at least ONCE several months before the divorce - this was the deposition in which he claimed he had no money even though he had once had $80 million - $50 million in cash.

She was also repeatedly subpoenaed to be depose during this period. However clueless she is attempting to paint herself and how removed she was, at that point even a dumb wife would ask her husband - or more importantly - her attorneys what this was all about. Any one who is deposed generally hires an attorney to be with them at the deposition to protect their interests and offer advice on how to answer. This is part of why Sutton's attorney advised her to remove herself from any entanglement or appearance of insider knowledge. It doesn't take much to be put on the witness/deposition list.

And left unstated because they can't break the fourth wall - Sutton is NOT Erika's friend. She is a co-worker with whom she has a working relationship in which they are both paid to interact with each other. I have had "friendships" with co-workers but I sure as hell would have distanced myself if they were involved in something like this because I don't owe them the kind of loyalty I do towards someone who is actually a friend.

I am just interested in how this is all going to play out during the reunion. I know how Erika will deflect in terms of not answering any difficult questions because of legal issues which is what Tre was able to do. But with BH almost the ONLY relevant part of the show is how the ladies continued to support Erika as more information came in and how they continued to support her AFTER the show when the information became even more damning. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 22
12 hours ago, Ss55 said:

Erika seemed stoned. She finally acknowledges the victims but it was half assed and not convincing. 

She was complete fucked up, like how I am after a pill or 2.. she walked into the bumper of her car when she arrived at Kyle’s.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Unpopular opinion: I don't think Kyle is trying to get a cooking show or what have you with all of the cooking she's doing. I think that everyone last year, she was stuck in the house and forced to do a lot of the cooking for her family. And given that most of this was filmed in November and December, I'm guessing she was just being extra careful in terms of who she was bringing into the house. In other words, I think that the cooking she's doing is out of a combination of necessity and boredom.

I agree that people were limiting household help during the pandemic - and actually many people I know are limiting it again with the surge in the Delta variant and breakthrough infections even among those fully vaccinated. My friends paid their long term housekeepers NOT to show up and bought Roombas 😀

I do think Kyle actually cooks and probably did a lot more cooking for her family because everyone was eating at home. However, I don't think she cooked that kind of multi-course meal for the large group. Even though the individual elements were not complex, it is really exhausting to cook multiple dishes and have them all ready on time and ready to be served. Those large tin containers with the multiple industrial looking warmers just looked like the way catered food is delivered and set up. It's quite a bit different than when a caterer prepares a meal on site or when an individual makes Thanksgiving dinner 

• Love 7

Vyle, you will NEVER be LVP. You are illiterate, tone-deaf, wishy washy, unable to string together a coherent sentence, BORING, and you sold out your sister in the back of a limo on national tv. Can't wait to see Kathy burn her ass next week about that moronic flop of a tv show. 

• Love 21