Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E13: Season’s Grillings

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

She was complete fucked up, like how I am after a pill or 2.. she walked into the bumper of her car when she arrived at Kyle’s.

We have all seen how little it takes to trigger Erika's temper. They not only questioned her story, they told her that they had meeting about her, and she sat there, barely reacting. Yep, she was totally stoned. Not a good night to drive herself, which was obviously another ploy to show us how poor she is now. As if we don't all know BRAVO would provide her with a driver. 

Edited by chlban
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20
8 minutes ago, StevieRocks said:

Bwah! Dying laughing about next week when Garcelle says, "F you, F you, and F you." Please say, "Who's next?" ala the barbershop scene in Coming to America

Yep. So looking forward to that. Looks like it will be the highlight of at least the last three seasons.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, StevieRocks said:

Bwah! Dying laughing about next week when Garcelle says, "F you, F you, and F you." Please say, "Who's next?" ala the barbershop scene in Coming to America

It reminded me of that scene in Half Baked: "F- you, f- you, you're cool, f-you"

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, chlban said:

We have all seen how little it takes to trigger Erika's temper. They not only questioned her story, they told her that they had meeting about her, and she sat there, barely reacting. Yep, she was totally stoned. Not a good night to drive herself, which was obviously another ploy to show us how poor she is now. As if we don't all know BRAVO would provide her with a driver. 

Exactly!  She was high - my guess is Xanax by the way she stumbled and how zoned out her eyes looked.

Yeah that's a bad look, driving high.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Rosebud1970 said:

And she consistently dresses like a high-end street walker. What’s with the sheer leggings and thigh high boots? I keep hearing Blair Waldorf’s voice…”Leggings are not pants!”

Do you mean these? 😂 From her Instagram981AFC87-A62E-4E9D-9CD2-74241C31A890.thumb.jpeg.1ab8e798a5472669281b6cfea7c68d0c.jpeg

• LOL 4
7 hours ago, Marley said:

Erika is a dumb bitch. I can’t stand looking at her stupid face. I hope ppl stick up for Sutton because Erika is going to make it her mission to be a total fucking c*** to her for the rest of the season.

I remember that when the season previews first came out there was a clip of all of them at a dinner table and Erica was angry with Sutton and told her something like that she would come for her. With my bad memory, I can’t remember if that scene was in last weeks show or an earlier episode. It seems like it would have fit in this episode. Am I forgetting it?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Some things I imagined behind the scenes include Erika dropping off a locked box at Rinnas and telling her to hold it for her. Production reading the Times article out loud to Teddi and telling her nobody will say anything about her encouraging people to eat air for 2 of their 3 meals.

Oh, was Teddi at the dinner? 😏😉

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

I'm still confused as to what details were public at the point this was filmed. I think the beginning of the widows/orphans/burn victims stuff was beginning to trickle out, but it was in its early phases? Not the level of detail we have now, but enough to give people a reason to start turning on Erika (if they hadn't already).

I just don't get why some of the howives are so scared of Erika. Seriously, what can she do? She has no money to go after them in any way and production would step in quickly if she got physical during a shoot. Maybe it's the ones who have had money or legal problems (Dorit, Lisa, Kyle) who are scared to attack because it might be thrown back on them and their problems laid out in the open? Dorit is walking a fine line given her money and legal issues; I don't know what Lisa is into but I think I read she and Erika have the same financial manager (maybe?); I'm sure Kyle doesn't want any of Mauricio's legal problems to be talked about on air. Sutton seems to have no issues now that her divorce is final and she seemingly has a ton of money, so maybe she's not scared like the others? Garcelle also seems to have no legal or money issues or anything like that to hide. Kathy and Crystal seem to just be spectators at this point, watching to see where loyalties fall. 

• Love 15
14 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

Seriously, it really is amazing that according to Erika Tom completely set her up as a patsy for his evil crimes, but she's just really worried about his mental decline now. It's like she's trying out several different "sympathetic" personas at once and doesn't understand how they undermine each other. Either you're Tom's ride or die wife or you're his biggest victim and, as Garcelle would say, fuck Tom.

Oooh, okay now Erika is clearly on Tom's side and saying he's innocent. She just pretty much said he didn't steal the money because she hasn't seen it...while she's been spending it for years.

Of course, when filming this, she had no idea of the shitstorm that was going to break over her head in 2021.  

• Love 3
14 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Two weeks ago, Tom was a controlling jerk. This week, he's a doddering fool.

Watching these episodes really demonstrates how quickly her story changed.

And thank you, Garcelle, for highlighting the victims. Erika's so-called concerns are so inauthentic. 

I now actually think it was a bit of both by Tom WITH the complicity of Erica. When he was competent she let him dump money into her accounts, and he told her how to justify it as  "business expenses". Now that he has become incompetent she literally doesn't know what to say anymore. Nevertheless, she is still as accountable for it as he is.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

He’s been screwing orphans and burn victims for at least ten years. It’s all outlined in the Hulu doc. 

In fact, in the Hulu doc, one of the attorneys dealing with him says specifically that he had interacted with Tom a few months previously and there was absolutely nothing wrong with his demeanor or his cognitive skills.   So even if he's on the road to being a houseplant NOW, he certainly wasn't at the time he engaged in the fraud.  I would also point out that the victims that were dealing with him did not observe any behavioral abnormalities while he was in the process of robbing them blind.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, StevieRocks said:

Vyle, you will NEVER be LVP. You are illiterate, tone-deaf, wishy washy, unable to string together a coherent sentence, BORING, and you sold out your sister in the back of a limo on national tv. Can't wait to see Kathy burn her ass next week about that moronic flop of a tv show. 

LVP is truly not the queen that so many think she is. (I have not missed her one bit on this show, and IMO the show has been a lot more interesting in the last two seasons because it hasn't revolved around LVP and people telling LVP how wonderful she is). And the notion that people are still angry are Kyle for supposedly "selling out" Kim, when it is abundantly clear that Kim's problems were exactly what Kyle identified them as being, is inexplicable to me.

Like it or not, when it comes to their current careers, Kyle has the most successful one of the three. Kathy can burn her all she wants, but what exactly has Kathy done other than give birth to children who became reality stars? Kathy is on this show because of her relationship to Kyle,

5 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I just don't get why some of the howives are so scared of Erika. Seriously, what can she do? She has no money to go after them in any way and production would step in quickly if she got physical during a shoot. Maybe it's the ones who have had money or legal problems (Dorit, Lisa, Kyle) who are scared to attack because it might be thrown back on them and their problems laid out in the open? Dorit is walking a fine line given her money and legal issues; I don't know what Lisa is into but I think I read she and Erika have the same financial manager (maybe?); I'm sure Kyle doesn't want any of Mauricio's legal problems to be talked about on air. Sutton seems to have no issues now that her divorce is final and she seemingly has a ton of money, so maybe she's not scared like the others? Garcelle also seems to have no legal or money issues or anything like that to hide. Kathy and Crystal seem to just be spectators at this point, watching to see where loyalties fall. 

At this point, I don't think that they're afraid that Erika can do anything to them professionally. Indeed, Sutton's whole point is that she can do more damage to them if they continue to support her. 

I think that what they are afraid of is her vicious temper. In other words, I think that they know that Erika can be a bully and has a quick temper and she's not afraid to use it.  So they are only really afraid of her when they are in her presence because they are afraid that she'll target them with her OUTRAGE! like she did Garcelle. 

• Love 20
20 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I'm still confused as to what details were public at the point this was filmed. I think the beginning of the widows/orphans/burn victims stuff was beginning to trickle out, but it was in its early phases? Not the level of detail we have now, but enough to give people a reason to start turning on Erika (if they hadn't already).

This is the LA Times article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-12-17/tom-girardi-erika-jayne-rhobh-divorce%3f_amp=true

It’s longer than a typical news article  but, jeez, I read it all as a nosy viewer after it came up last week. I can’t imagine how her “best friends” couldn’t make it to the end without consulting professionals to just recap the gist for them?!

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, 90sfan said:

I do also understand that Erika can't really answer any of their questions. It's bad enough for her legally that she's on this show, but anything she says can be used against her.

Garcelle was 100% correct in noting that Erika doesn't show any anger towards Tom which is strange. And she was correct in making the comment about being angry for the victims if Tom is guilty.

I detest Garcelle and this is just another example of why. EJ was married to Tom for 20+ years. He raised her son like his own. Whether or not all the recent stories about his side action is true or not, she loves/loved him. And she is watching her life with a man she loved crumble around her, while watching the life of that man be destroyed, knowing full well the outcome is going to be him dying alone in jail. This isn't a person she lived a hellish life with and divorced a decade ago. This man was her current world. 

So according to G, she should be putting on her best party dress and running around town yelling how happy she is to be free and cursing him out to every news outlet that will listen. 

Garcelle has obviously never loved or been in love. 

And as much as I'm not a Dorit fan, she is right next week. Garcelle is a bully. She attacks women she barely knows over things that have nothing to do with her. And takes every stupid comment they make as some personal attack on herself trying to remain relevant. Her skin is not as thick as she thinks it is. 

• LOL 4
12 hours ago, oakville said:

I would love to try Garcelle' Haitian Christmas meal. It looked very tasty !

Indeed!

I have already googled recipes for the Haitian Griot and Haitian beans and rice, and they both sound positively delectable.  I warned Mini Persnickety to be prepared for Haitian food for Christmas this year.  

I'm still waking up and not quite coherent after working until midnight last night, but I found Erika's demeanor too calm, too removed from her usual rattlesnake strike approach.  

It almost seemed as if Dorit someone had clued her in as to what to expect at that dinner.  I'm assuming if that's the case, it was Dorit but I suppose it could have even been Rinna.  Maybe I'm way off, but Erika wasn't in the least unnerved when the questions started which is so unlike her usual reaction.  

And, of course, Erika, you're at the bottom of the list and the victims come first.

This is why you're refusing to disclose your assets and cooperate, because the victims come first.  Who does this beast think she's fooling with statements such as that?  

If those victims meant anything at all to her, she'd either be handing over those assets or set up a fund for the victims, have that shit auctioned off, and make sure 100% of the proceeds went to that fund to be dispersed amongst the victims.  

She's absolutely soulless.  

And Garcelle with her "Fuck Tom" made my black little heart sing.  

• Love 20

Why was Teddi there? Does Kathy have a real opinion on anything or is she just there for some light comic relief? Rinna has fukkd up by attacking Denise last season and now backing Erika this season. The fan base is turning against her. How many more seasons before BRAVO gets that we all hate her? 

I won't even comment on Erika because it's all been said and is becoming monotonous and boring. 

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I think that what they are afraid of is her vicious temper. In other words, I think that they know that Erika can be a bully and has a quick temper and she's not afraid to use it.  So they are only really afraid of her when they are in her presence because they are afraid that she'll target them with her OUTRAGE! like she did Garcelle. 

I think they are also concerned with how they are going to look when it is all televised?

Will they get flack for not being supportive enough?

As information started getting out in real time, they obviously were starting to worry how to balance being perceived as "supportive" with not aligning themselves with something that is morally unjustifiable. And they are very uncomfortable trying to straddle the fence so that their public images emerge intact.

Sutton obviously has gotten good advice and is a smart cookie and realizes she doesn't want to be associated with this stink show. Like Kathy who "doesn't know Erika", they are comfortable with not aligning themselves with Erika. I think Sutton has a moral compass - I am not sure Kathy actually has any kind of moral compass but she sure as hell has no desire to be associated with Erika.

While I don't believe in conspiracy theories, there is something about Rinna's continued unquestioned - almost defiant support of Erika that leads me to suspect there is something going on that is more than support for a friend. What she is doing is way more than the other cowardly housewives who are afraid to create a scene that is being televised but are willing to express significant doubts in confessionals. But Rinna is all in - they do share a business manager so Rinna might be justifiably afraid of buried bodies - but isn't Harry Hamlin smarter than this and wouldn't he be telling her that supporting Erika now with everything known is not a good look. Of course who actually is a "fan" of Rinna at this point since she has done so much to alienate a normal "fan base". I would imagine that people view her social media as a sort of train wreck which probably only incentivizes her to remain controversial and offensive.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, amarante said:

I think they are also concerned with how they are going to look when it is all televised?

Will they get flack for not being supportive enough?

As information started getting out in real time, they obviously were starting to worry how to balance being perceived as "supportive" with not aligning themselves with something that is morally unjustifiable. And they are very uncomfortable trying to straddle the fence so that their public images emerge intact.

Sutton obviously has gotten good advice and is a smart cookie and realizes she doesn't want to be associated with this stink show. Like Kathy who "doesn't know Erika", they are comfortable with not aligning themselves with Erika. I think Sutton has a moral compass - I am not sure Kathy actually has any kind of moral compass but she sure as hell has no desire to be associated with Erika.

While I don't believe in conspiracy theories, there is something about Rinna's continued unquestioned - almost defiant support of Erika that leads me to suspect there is something going on that is more than support for a friend. What she is doing is way more than the other cowardly housewives who are afraid to create a scene that is being televised but are willing to express significant doubts in confessionals. But Rinna is all in - they do share a business manager so Rinna might be justifiably afraid of buried bodies - but isn't Harry Hamlin smarter than this and wouldn't he be telling her that supporting Erika now with everything known is not a good look. Of course who actually is a "fan" of Rinna at this point since she has done so much to alienate a normal "fan base". I would imagine that people view her social media as a sort of train wreck which probably only incentivizes her to remain controversial and offensive.

That's a good point. We all know more now than they knew at the time, except for the damning LA Times article. And they have made it clear that they are aware of social media and how certain housewives depend on their social media fans to generate support for them. So I can see them trying to be a bit cagey about how they would appear on camera while the information out there is incomplete.

Now, I think that is what Rinna is trying to say - hey, I looked bad last year because of how I treated Denise - so she's trying to do a 180.  But these are different scandals. I wasn't Denise's biggest fan but her scandal, such as it is, was only ever about her, Brandi, and Denise's asshole husband.  It wasn't about widows and orphans being victimized.  And also, Rinna doesn't seem to realize that there are more ways to act than just "100% loyal" or "100% antagonist."  You can take a wait-and-see approach, which is what most of the women are doing by various degrees. But no, Rinna is all-in for Erika, and I think she's probably going to pay a price for it. 

• Love 11
35 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

In fact, in the Hulu doc, one of the attorneys dealing with him says specifically that he had interacted with Tom a few months previously and there was absolutely nothing wrong with his demeanor or his cognitive skills.   So even if he's on the road to being a houseplant NOW, he certainly wasn't at the time he engaged in the fraud.  I would also point out that the victims that were dealing with him did not observe any behavioral abnormalities while he was in the process of robbing them blind.  

It's like Harvey Weinstein pretending to be all frail and near death when he was finally brought to court to answer for all of his sexual harassment and assaults.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
31 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

That's a good point. We all know more now than they knew at the time, except for the damning LA Times article. And they have made it clear that they are aware of social media and how certain housewives depend on their social media fans to generate support for them. So I can see them trying to be a bit cagey about how they would appear on camera while the information out there is incomplete.

Now, I think that is what Rinna is trying to say - hey, I looked bad last year because of how I treated Denise - so she's trying to do a 180.  But these are different scandals. I wasn't Denise's biggest fan but her scandal, such as it is, was only ever about her, Brandi, and Denise's asshole husband.  It wasn't about widows and orphans being victimized.  And also, Rinna doesn't seem to realize that there are more ways to act than just "100% loyal" or "100% antagonist."  You can take a wait-and-see approach, which is what most of the women are doing by various degrees. But no, Rinna is all-in for Erika, and I think she's probably going to pay a price for it. 

The Hulu documentary didn't come out until mid-June and I think was especially damning because it put a face on the victims as well as really laying out how Tom had operated and Erika's lifestyle. 

I live in Los Angeles and get the LA Times and so there have been a number of very serious articles in the past months which explore exactly what Tom did and how he was able to get away with it in terms of multiple complaints to the Bar. The person investigating him theoretically was in cahoots with him for many years. He was even on a segment of the show  a few seasons ago when Mrs. Tom Girardi was shown meeting her husband at what I think was the Jonathan Club which is a private club downtown which a lot of lawyers and politically connected people are members of. The food is pretty terrible and when I was taken there once for lunch by a law firm I was very disappointed that I wasn't taken to one of the fabulous places there like Patina 😃

I don't think Rinna is ride or die because she is concerned with how she was perceived last season with Denise. She is now well past the point where she would be blamed for questioning Erika and in fact quite the opposite since she looks awful for what she is doing. I don't think she is supporting Erika for any moral or emotional reasons because Rinna is scum morally who would exploit any situation. I just don't understand what she fears from opposing Erika more than the backlash she is getting by continuing to support her. I mean on the show given it was filmed months ago okay - but she was still ride or die on WWHL last week. 

Edited by amarante
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8
58 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I find it interesting that Mauricio's legal problems over selling the home where the show had the Great Gatsby's party a few years ago wasn't discused in more detail.

Didn't one of Dorit's creditors chase her around the pool when the show was filming at Bahamar , Bahamas. The show edited that clip out.

The producers like to protect Kyle & Dorit.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
15 hours ago, Boofish said:

I dont get the fear of Erika. Are they scared she's going to beat them up after school?

Right??  Sutton and Garcelle were my hero's last night.  I think Garcelle is outta fucks to give and I am here for it.  The others need to quit dancing around Erika.  How would they treat someone they didn't know accused of the same things?  Pulease.  Rinna has to have something to gain or lose by being inserted in Erika's hindquarters.  Imma nobody and I wouldn't want Erika's ick getting on me.  I'm with Sutton.  I am going to have to watch it again.  THIS is where Sutton excels.  I am seriously giving side eye to all those that said the article was too long to read.  Are these women basically illiterate?

• Love 18
1 minute ago, stacyasp said:

Kyle didn’t read it because it was too long lol!

Kyle is half blind, that's why she dresses the way she does and lets that Bordello Pink Home Decor Faye inflicts on her poor houses. She can see only from far away which is why she chooses great houses. That's my story and I sticking to it. 

I love G, she is a stealth take down never a sweat Ho-wife. Her outfit was terrible tho, get glasses love. Her Christmas food looked amazing. 

Rinna. Who? Turn your back on the monster and it loses it's power. IGNORE. 

Dorit and her hubs are FRAUDS, that house is coming down next. Teddy was there?

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
28 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

We all know that Rinna is a hustler. In fact I think she used this word to describe herself a while back. She usually has a pecuniary motive for anything she does. So her undying, professed loyalty to Erika begs the question, what’s in it for Rinna?

• Useful 3
  • Love 16
Just now, lamujerdecente said:

Kyle is half blind, that's why she dresses the way she does and lets Faye infict Bordello Pink Home Decor  on her poor houses. She can see only from far away which is why she chooses great houses. That's my story and I am sticking to it. 

I love G, she is a stealth take down never a sweat Ho-wife. Her outfit was terrible tho, get glasses love. Her Christmas food looked amazing. 

Rinna. Who? Turn your back on the monster and it loses it's power. IGNORE. 

Dorit and her hubs are FRAUDS, that house is coming down next. Teddy was there?

• Love 1
15 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

Seriously, it really is amazing that according to Erika Tom completely set her up as a patsy for his evil crimes, but she's just really worried about his mental decline now. It's like she's trying out several different "sympathetic" personas at once and doesn't understand how they undermine each other. Either you're Tom's ride or die wife or you're his biggest victim and, as Garcelle would say, fuck Tom.

Oooh, okay now Erika is clearly on Tom's side and saying he's innocent. She just pretty much said he didn't steal the money because she hasn't seen it...while she's been spending it for years.

When she said where did the money go, I was like bitch please.  She admitted it is around $40K/mo to look like that.  And it is in EJ LLC.  Or overseas.  This was a poorly thought out ruse.  And yes, I think this was the plan all along should Tom get caught.  He just thought she was a better actress than she is.

15 hours ago, Thumper said:

First time I’ve heard Ericka say the victims need to be taken care of. 

I think she is referring to herself.  HA!

• Love 11

I do think it's the business manager connection, but I also think Rinna calculates that her obnoxious behavior inserts her in front of the camera and, up to a point, draws in lots of hate-viewers. Time will tell if she's gone too far this season.

Kyle didn't exploit Kim regarding the house. She exploited Kim by vomiting the details in a limo, on-camera, knowing it would be used. That was very trashy, common behavior.

Erika, Erika, Eri-KAH (as Funky Dineva would say): you know that lots of money was dumped into your LLC. You know that the LLC paid for lots of stuff. You spent it as fast as it came in. Being a crafty gold-digger, you know how much stuff costs. I mean, the $20M loan is verified and a matter of public fact. Did you sign the loan, or did "they" forge your signature?

Erika can hurt Kyle, Dorit and Rinna by blurting out their scandals in a fit of on-camera rage and retaliation. That's what they are trying to avoid.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 14

Garcelle told a very sad story about (I think) her sister who was cheated out of a settlement by a lawyer who never forwarded the funds. If I remember correctly, that was when Erika finally paid lip service to the victims ofTom’s fraud.

Tom could not have done this alone. There had to be someone else at the firm, probably a financial type, to help “cook the books”.

• Love 17

Auuuggghh! We had big storms last eve, and half the episode is glitched or pixilated and I can't view all of it!

Funny how at their meeting, Kyle and Dorit were just as vocal about everything as Sutton, but Kyle suddenly got meek and quiet, and Dorit apparently forgot her concerns once Erika was in front of them! I don't blame Sutton for backing down a little bit, as she was sitting directly next to Erika and was maybe worried she'd get a throat punch.

How does one walk in shoes like Rinna had on? I don't think I'd be able to even stand upright in them, lol. Why did Teddy need to be there? I hope Kyle's not trying to get her reinstated.

Erika: "I'm a little radioactive these days:

Garcelle: "Yeah" 🤣 😂 

Kyles "awkward spice" comment after chatting w Erika! 😂 

There's no way Erika was blindsided by anything. She and Tom would get served/info on lawsuits before the press reports them. She just said "There's more coming" so she is aware before the rest of the world is.

When Kyle asks her did you know anything? Erika nods as she says "What do you think?" And keeps nodding as she says "No I did not" She's also doing the eyes closed a lot thing again. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

The thing about Erika not being angry with Tom is that she was perfectly willing to perform anger towards him when it was all about him supposedly being domineering and cheating on her. But when it comes to defrauding clients, none of that anger is to be found.  So I don't really buy the argument that Erika isn't angry about Tom's actions because she loves him so much. I just think that she literally does not view the victims as worth her time or energy. 

Much like Sutton, there are elements of Garcelle's personality I don't like. But I'm not going to give her a hard time for putting a finger on the fact that Erika's lack of anger towards Tom regarding what he did to other people is... curious. She was right to call that out to Erika. If my loved one destroyed other people's lives, you can be sure as hell I would be angry, even if I loved him, for doing so. 

• Love 23

What exactly are people wanting Ericka to say? If I were her, I wouldn’t answer a damn thing either lol. 
I think she should really shut up. And Kyle and Dorit should know first hand ’cause they weren’t talking about their legal troubles either. 

Edited by FancyNancy
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, amarante said:

On a shallow note, Erika’s face looked bad at the dinner party

Is it because she doesn’t have the expensive glam squad or because her stress level is impacting her face?

Of course the picture in the attic might not be working its magic any longer and so her face is reflecting her moral depravity. 🧟‍♀️🧟‍♀️

Haha! I’m sure that portrait has been seized and is on auction! 

• LOL 9
17 minutes ago, janiema said:

We all know that Rinna is a hustler. In fact I think she used this word to describe herself a while back. She usually has a pecuniary motive for anything she does. So her undying, professed loyalty to Erika begs the question, what’s in it for Rinna?

Quite honestly, I think there maybe some weird psychological stanning thing with Rinna and Erika. Remember, Rinna dressed up as Erika for Halloween. She's had a weird hero-worship thing going in with Erika, like she really wishes she could be the Erika Jayne persona. (Which I don't know is even that authentic to Erika but whatever).  So she may also just be unwilling to see what is there because she's built up Erika up in her mind as this great, admirable person. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

I've been thinking on Rinna's reaction to Denise and Erika and agree that her full-throated support of Erika is weird and shocking for how all-in she seems to be. And yet she wasn't with Denise.

One thing I've always thought in regards to Denise was that she was angry and unsupportive not just because of the "scandal". I think a lot of her anger came from her views of how Denise was behaving as a HW co-worker in general. Denise was regularly skipping out on events,  even before the big blow-up. She'd show up at an event, get "angry" about something and then just as quickly leave. I wouldn't say I'm a fan of Rinna's but I do think she puts her all (detestable as it frequently is) into this job. She shows up when she's supposed to, no matter how angry anyone may be with her or how challenging something might be, she works hard in this job just as I think she has worked hard at every job she's had. And whether these women are friends or not off camera, it is a job and they are working. So if one of her coworkers is regularly ducking work? That would frustrate Rinna. On top of that Denise was ducking the dramatic storylines in the process and I think that angered Rinna as well. 

Not saying any of this to excuse her being so hard on Denise, but if I as a viewer was exasperated with Denise for her no-shows, quick exits, etc, I'd believe the other HWs were feeling it as well. This ties into the Erika mess and Rinna's response in that Erika is showing up and taking it. Could be part of it for Rinna in terms of why she's on Erika's side. To be sure, it's probably only a very small part of why Rinna might be there for her, but maybe a part. The rest? I'm as baffled as everyone else.

As to Erika - not a fan, never have been. But in an objective way last night, I saw her as a pretty pitiable figure. If you look at the facts of her life at that moment of filming - she's lost the flow of money, which has meant that she's lost all the hangers-on who went with her everywhere. And given that I don't think Erika has a single friend outside of the people she worked with (paid) - 'cause really do we think she was in a book club with the other wives of lawyers at the firm? - she's left with this group of women as her emotional support. Llikely before all the ish hit the fan, she wasn't actually offscreen friends with any of them. 

So here she is, no money, no entourage, in legal trouble and her only "support" is this group of women. Don't know if she was stoned last night, but at the least she was stunned into a stupor of horror. 

Edited by Pop Tart
  • Useful 2
  • Love 14
26 minutes ago, lamujerdecente said:

Yeah, that outfit at the dinner was bad--made her look very wide.  But, I really wanted to be a guest at her house for that Christmas dinner.  Everything looked and sounded delicious.  

• Love 3

Here’s a question for any lawyers amongst us.  I remember hearing that one spouse cannot be compelled to testify against the other. How does it work if the spouses are separated? Erika has filed but are they even separated legally? I would assume that once a divorce has been finalized this privilege no longer applies. Could this be why she was so angry about Tom’s phone calls being divulged in a previous episode? Is she trying to have it both ways: filing for divorce to establish a claim while not finalizing in order to preclude testimony?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Auuuggghh! We had big storms last eve, and half the episode is glitched or pixilated and I can't view all of it!

That's too bad!  The channel where I catch RHONY and RHOBH show the reruns after the airing ad nauseam.  Will you be able to catch one?  

• Love 1
12 hours ago, amarante said:

I don’t think Kyle cooked that meal. I think it was delivered by a catering firm which just sent over one or two people to physically set up the food. It looked like the way those kinds of meals are delivered as the catering company doesn’t expect to get back any of the packaging.  

I don’t know what it is like in other areas but there is a lot of those kinds of packages for holiday dinners in Los Angeles. 

I think Kyle can cook but preparing that many different dishes is a lot of work even though the dishes themselves are pretty simple. Cooking a lasagna and slicing up some bread for an informal dinner is completely different than preparing multiple dishes for a holiday type of feast  

Also it looked like whatever meats had been presliced and just put in the foil containers. No evidence of a turkey carcass or ham in the kitchen. 

Yeah I agree those foil pans looked like packaging from either a catering company or restaurant. I don't know why she felt the need to say she cooked everything, we all know she cooks and it was a lot of food to make, I don't think any of the other ladies (or us) would judge her if she admitted to buying the food to serve. Heck, if I could afford it, I would too!

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

That's too bad!  The channel where I catch RHONY and RHOBH show the reruns after the airing ad nauseam.  Will you be able to catch one?  

They always run the previous week’s episode with a few new scenes before the airing of the new episode. 

• Useful 1
16 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

I've been thinking on Rinna's reaction to Denise and Erika and agree that her full-throated support of Erika is weird and shocking for how all-in she seems to be. And yet she wasn't with Denise.

I've wondered if a lot of it wasn't because Denise is a more successful actress than Rinna ever was/will be.

8 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I have the dvr set for the next showing which looks to be the 22nd! Crossing fingers there's no storm lol.

I'm trying to do the bravo app, but we have crap internet, so can't really stream. (I live in a very rural spot, surrounded by forest. It's beautiful here, but not technology friendly, 😆) I may have to drive to town and use Walmart's wifi 😂 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

One thing I've always thought in regards to Denise was that she was angry and unsupportive not just because of the "scandal". I think a lot of her anger came from her views of how Denise was behaving as a HW co-worker in general. Denise was regularly skipping out on events,  even before the big blow-up. She'd show up at an event, get "angry" about something and then just as quickly leave. I wouldn't say I'm a fan of Rinna's but I do think she puts her all (detestable as it frequently is) into this job. She shows up when she's supposed to, no matter how angry anyone may be with her or how challenging something might be, she works hard in this job just as I think she has worked hard at every job she's had. And whether these women are friends or not off camera, it is a job and they are working. So if one of her coworkers is regularly ducking work? That would frustrate Rinna. On top of that Denise was ducking the dramatic storylines in the process and I think that angered Rinna as well. 

Not saying any of this to excuse her being so hard on Denise, but if I as a viewer was exasperated with Denise for her no-shows, quick exits, etc, I'd believe the other HWs were feeling it as well. This ties into the Erika mess and Rinna's response in that Erika is showing up and taking it. Could be part of it for Rinna in terms of why she's on Erika's side. To be sure, it's probably only a very small part of why Rinna might be there for her, but maybe a part. The rest? I'm as baffled as everyone else.

As to Erika - not a fan, never have been. But in an objective way last night, I saw her as a pretty pitiable figure. If you look at the facts of her life at that moment of filming - she's lost the flow of money, which has meant that she's lost all the hangers-on who went with her everywhere. And given that I don't think Erika has a single friend outside of the people she worked with (paid) - 'cause really do we think she was in a book club with the other wives of lawyers at the firm? - she's left with this group of women as her emotional support. Llikely before all the ish hit the fan, she wasn't actually offscreen friends with any of them. 

So here she is, no money, no entourage, in legal trouble and her only "support" is this group of women. Don't know if she was stoned last night, but at the least she was stunned into a stupor of horror. 

I agree with a lot of this - I don't think Rinna's anger at Denise was ever really about Brandi, it was about the way that Denise was trying to control her story line to the point where she wouldn't show up, would walk out, and use the "Bravo" trick to stop any discussion on camera.  That was part of the reason I didn't really warm up to Denise, either. And I can imagine it's worse if you are a coworker. 

But I still can't get past the idea that Rinna needs to take a step back and really reflect on what Tom and Erika are accused of, here. Because yes, Erika is mostly doing what she is supposed to as a coworker - she's showing up, she's giving info (though she is also leaving and being very selective in the info she's giving) - but she's also accused of some pretty terrible things. It's fine if Rinna doesn't want to believe them but to act like Sutton is the bad guy for wanting to ask those questions? No.

As for Erika being pitiable - my feeling is that if she was completely innocent, then yes, her situation is bad. And I can understand why someone would pity the situation she's in. But she's generally so cold and so judgmental - and her stories make so little sense in succession to each other - that I find it difficult to be empathetic towards her.  But I can understand why another person might.

• Love 11