Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 6/28/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

FYI Denver Viewers: if you have cable and its being pre-empted on KMGH, they are playing it on KCDO.  I wish they would have scrolled this info, i just stumbled across it about 1/2 way in

(edited)

Whoopie was really talkative and laughing today considering what she is going through.

The best part about today is after MeAgain's rant in the first segment, she was basically ignored for the remainder of the show.  She didn't give any input about whether she would leave her husband behind in TSA Pre-Check. I do find it funny when she rails against free speech because she never learned to properly hold a conversation, make a valid argument and know when it is time to shut up .

Edited by burghgal
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16
(edited)
1 hour ago, Axie said:

I doubt she has that many actual friends. I do believe, however, she has had a lot of acquaintances through the years that have been friendly to her to use her as a vehicle to achieve their own goals whether it be a job on Capitol Hill or whatever. 

Presumably anyone she's ever met once or twice is now a "friend."

ETA:  Edited out the first part of my response as I had skimmed Axie's post and the first part of my response was just reiterating what she said.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

And also, I think she probably refers to acquaintances as friends.  So presumably anyone she's ever met once or twice is now a "friend."

Also people she follows on Twitter and people who follow her on Twitter.  Social media has made people think they have a lot more "friends" than they really do.

• Love 23
33 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

And also, I think she probably refers to acquaintances as friends.  So presumably anyone she's ever met once or twice is now a "friend."

I wonder if she ever quotes her old friend Tia Tequila? 

I can't believe well actually I can, she turned  the conversation about the Olympic athlete back on herself, and how her beliefs are not allowed....what the actual F?  When has humping the flag by the Right not been allowed? 

• LOL 7
  • Love 10

Wow, she is such an idiot. Great article below.

MeAgain McCain makes Gwen Berry's flag protest all about her dad...and Putin

The View’s Meghan McCain upped the ante on performative right-wing outrage over U.S. Olympian Gwen Berry’s flag protest on Tuesday, suggesting that Berry’s actions were a “national security issue” that could be weaponized as propaganda by Russian President Vladimir Putin.

And, of course, she also made sure to invoke her father while slamming Berry.

....Claiming she has heard “every argument possible” for athletes engaging in social justice protests, the conservative host said the biggest problem she has is that Berry is “doing this internationally.” (Apparently, McCain was unaware that this particular protest took place in Portland.)

....While bemoaning that Berry is making this about herself, McCain then made the issue explicitly about herself.

“For some reason, my relationship with the flag isn’t allowed,” she complained. “My love of the American flag, my love of the national anthem!”

She then went on to warn viewers that she was going to bring up her father, the late Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), in order to further make her point that Olympic athletes need to respect the flag and anthem.

“I know it’s very triggering for people and people get very upset when I talk about my dad, for whatever reason, which is why I really stopped doing it on the show unless it’s really meaningful to me,” McCain stated before delivering an anecdote about her dad’s time as a POW.

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, bannana said:

Whoopi is trending on twitter and getting trashed for saying Biden ended Apartheid. I haven't watched yet...is that what she said?

I didn't see that, but there is a lot of activity on #TheView on Twitter.  Meghan is getting bashed on there.  Check it out.

• Love 1
Just now, Rainyhawk said:

So,both hair and makeup hated her today?  The dark lip liner and the horrible hair!  She does look like something from There’s Something about Mary.  Really bad.

Can you imagine both the hair team and makeup team trying to rein in their laughter while they're tarting up the Princess of Arizona?!?!

• LOL 10
3 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Can you imagine both the hair team and makeup team trying to rein in their laughter while they're tarting up the Princess of Arizona?!?!

If SNL ever does another skit about The VIew, I would like to see, them cutting back and forth from the full panel to the individuals, and each time Meghan is on screen, she has a different, more ridiculous, hairstyle.  

• LOL 22
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

May I add: if you love the flag so much, why don’t you marry it?!

Maybe MeAgain can update this classic Pee Wee clip?  Think of the views it would get on Instagram! (and even more friends for Meghan...)

• LOL 6

On the one hand Meghan is a huge supporter of an activist who criticizes the government (Alexei Navalny), on the other hand she is appalled by an activist who criticizes the government (Gwen Berry).  Go figure. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 22

Megamouth wonders why people get so 'triggered' when she mentions MyFather ? It's not an audience being triggered - it's an audience being bored. 

After she shared the 'Christmas morning story told by MyFather', I was hoping Joy would pipe up and respond, "Oh you poor thing. Christmas should be a day of rejoicing and happiness. Not one of depression. That's awful your father punished you like that."

Did anyone else catch Sara's goog about standing up an honoring the 'f**' ? She quickly said 'flag' right after.  Atta girl, Sara ! 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, tableau vivant said:

Megamouth wonders why people get so 'triggered' when she mentions MyFather ? It's not an audience being triggered - it's an audience being bored. 

After she shared the 'Christmas morning story told by MyFather', I was hoping Joy would pipe up and respond, "Oh you poor thing. Christmas should be a day of rejoicing and happiness. Not one of depression. That's awful your father punished you like that."

Did anyone else catch Sara's goog about standing up an honoring the 'f**' ? She quickly said 'flag' right after.  Atta girl, Sara ! 

That is so odd, someone "getting the crap beat out of them, " story is not a Christmas story, it's clearly a 4th of July story. I'm so offended, and so is baby Jesus .

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, After7Only said:

That was one doozy of a story "My Father: told his young children on Christmas...LOL.... Just what I want to hear on Jesus's birthday, a story about torture and the American flag.  

Yes, I can just picture them gathered around the Christmas tree listening to this story EVERY year.  Not.  I call BS on this.  It might have rung a bit more true if this story-telling happened on the 4th of July or any patriotic holiday.  But Christmas?  What joy.

• Love 7

MM makes me crazy.

Notice not one comment from her about Tucker Carlson calling General Milly a pig...as Joy pointed out.

Or the flags used as weapons on 1/6...and how Crenshaw voted against a bipartisan commission about 1/6.

Then she rages on about daddy and his sad Christmas morning story she listened to for years as a kid. Which actually had nothing to do with this since the flag represents our freedoms here.

• Love 20
3 hours ago, maggiemae said:

MM makes me crazy.

Notice not one comment from her about Tucker Carlson calling General Milly a pig...as Joy pointed out.

Or the flags used as weapons on 1/6...and how Crenshaw voted against a bipartisan commission about 1/6.

Then she rages on about daddy and his sad Christmas morning story she listened to for years as a kid. Which actually had nothing to do with this since the flag represents our freedoms here.

Meghan would have screamed bloody murder if anyone black/brown/democrat called General Milly a pig. 

• Love 21
13 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Yes for someone who claims to be her own person and making it on her own she sure does refer to the reason she even has a career an awful lot.

UO, but can't a girl just adore her father so much that she enjoys interjecting stories of him as it pertains to the topic?

4 hours ago, MsTree said:

UO, but can't a girl just adore her father so much that she enjoys interjecting stories of him as it pertains to the topic?

I'm sure the other cohosts adore their parents as well. Meghan refers to him on an almost daily basis. 

• Love 14
15 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

She reads too fast from the telepromter.

• LOL 1
19 hours ago, Cozytea said:

I can't believe well actually I can, she turned  the conversation about the Olympic athlete back on herself, and how her beliefs are not allowed....what the actual F?  When has humping the flag by the Right not been allowed? 

Yes she said her relationship with the flag is not allowed. What kind of relationship is she having with the flag?  She is so predictable.  Once again she is presenting herself as some kind of victim because she can't do what exactly?

16 hours ago, Haleth said:

On the one hand Meghan is a huge supporter of an activist who criticizes the government (Alexei Navalny), on the other hand she is appalled by an activist who criticizes the government (Gwen Berry).  Go figure. 

As I say every day with regards to Meghan her hypocrisy knows no bounds.

16 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

We are all supposed to sit down shut up and just accept injustice and abuse because this is America damn it! love it or leave it!

Meghan doesn't experience injustice and abuse (in her mind yes but in reality no) so yes she thinks America is great and if you can't see that then you are the problem.  It's easy to worship the flag when your whole life has been about having things handed to you simply because you were born a white rich woman.  She will never understand the struggles of people of color or even white people who are lower income because she simply does not care.

• Love 18
(edited)
9 hours ago, MsTree said:

IMO she does it solely to remind the rest of us that she is Meghan Mccain - but that aside if any of the hosts interjected constant stories about their children wouldn't we all be just as irritated even if we could understand that the need to tell adorable moppet stories comes from a place of love?  Time and place comes to mind,

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Love 16
9 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

but that aside if any of the hosts interjected constant stories about their children wouldn't we all be just as irritated even if we could understand that the need to tell adorable moppet stories comes from a place of love?  Time and place comes to mind,

Kathie Lee Gifford did that a lot.

On the flip side Meghan rarely speaks about her kid.

She has decided she is a political pundit and that is all she wants to talk about.  The topic could be tacos and she would make it political.

• Love 21
(edited)

I think they are all missing the point about breastfeeding at the Olympics. I would guess it was a covid thing - they are not allowing families to attend. The rule was about health concerns, not pearl clutching about breastfeeding.  Changing the rule to accommodate moms is allowing additional people (babies and caregivers) into the bubble.

Why is the Princess wearing a crown?

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

Well I guess Miss Meghan will NOT be on the cover of Vogue Magazine!  Goodness, talk about trashing a publication.  I am not a Vogue reader, so I guess I am not a Fashion Expert, but I thought Dr. Biden looked lovely & I dont know why Meghan went off on a rant.

• Love 22

McCain thinks the only way Democrats can be bipartisan is by filling their administration with Republicans... No wonder she's enraged at Biden all the time, she thought she would be getting a Republican administration from a Democrat. LOL

• LOL 12
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, Sharper2002 said:

Meghan seriously lost me on her talking points about Vogue.

She loses me on almost everything.  

The dress itself may not be "Vogue cover worthy" but it's a style that Dr. Biden seems comfortable with and works for her. 

• Love 23

I didn't need to see the photo of her breastfeeding Liberty the day she returned to an ABC studio. I was shocked she didn't have a picture of MyFather on the countertop in front of her. 

MeAgain also said she's surprised we're in the 21st Century and we're no further along in childcare / maternity care. No one asked her what MyFather did to push this forward in all the years he was in the Senate ? 

• Love 15
(edited)
33 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

The dress itself may not be "Vogue cover worthy" but it's a style that Dr. Biden seems comfortable with and works for her. 

Yep - I like that she has her own style and is happy with herself.  And can we ever reach a point where what a woman wears is not more important than what she has to say and what she does?  I feel like I've been waiting a lifetime for that to happen.  Oh, wait, I have.

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Love 23
(edited)

The reason she went full-throated attack on Vogue is because she automatically attacks anything she perceives as liberal. She does the same thing with any actor (whether she knows their personal politics are not). I did notice she talked about how the First Family is like American "royalty." That makes sense considering her flag worship yesterday, but I thought she hated the British royalty (somethingsomething about Meghan Markle finishing George Washington's war on the British, lol)? I suppose that explains part of her ego, too, since she sees her family as part of the American royalty (which includes her as Princess of Arizona), nevermind the fact that her family never made it to the White House.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 13
47 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

McCain thinks the only way Democrats can be bipartisan is by filling their administration with Republicans... No wonder she's enraged at Biden all the time, she thought she would be getting a Republican administration from a Democrat. LOL

It's true. But when the shoe is on the other foot her response to bipartisanship is nope we don't need any bipartisanship.

It's how entitled Meghan is. She thinks the government should always be ran according to her beliefs.

• Love 24

I don't think MM really caught the irony of her rant against Vogue as an institution with a deep intense racist legacy.....    It's not like Vogue exists in a bubble and is entirely different than other American institutions.....  If only those other institutions would work on reconciling its legacy with race....and if her party was interesting it discussing and working on that.....LOL......

• Love 17