Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 6/28/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, WinnieWinkle said:

If this is true I've just lost all respect for ABC.  

This must go up Sunny's rear a mile. To think how - earlier this year - she publicly said how she has been 'mistreated' by ABC (she apparently included this in her memoir) and here's Meghan who wants to leave, and the network can't do enough to keep her where she is. They even offer her a role on their shining crown 'ABC News'. 

I honestly feel bad for Sara, too. This is quite a slap in the face to Sara - who has her degree in journalism - not to offer her a plum role on ABC NEWS with plenty of exposure, but instead bounce her around to different shows with less exposure.  McCain (with no journalism background at all)  gets offered ABC News, and Sara doesn't ? I guess they don't consider her a serious journalist.  

• Love 7
(edited)
22 minutes ago, tableau vivant said:

This must go up Sunny's rear a mile. To think how - earlier this year - she publicly said how she has been 'mistreated' by ABC (she apparently included this in her memoir) and here's Meghan who wants to leave, and the network can't do enough to keep her where she is. They even offer her a role on their shining crown 'ABC News'. 

I honestly feel bad for Sara, too. This is quite a slap in the face to Sara - who has her degree in journalism - not to offer her a plum role on ABC NEWS with plenty of exposure, but instead bounce her around to different shows with less exposure.  McCain (with no journalism background at all)  gets offered ABC News, and Sara doesn't ? I guess they don't consider her a serious journalist.  

Sara doesn't have a degree in journalism.  She has  a degree in government.   If ABC did offer Meghan a job as a news contributor shame on them.  Meghan has put forth so much disinformation she can't be trusted to tell us the time. 

Edited by ifionlyknew
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
18 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Meghan has put forth so much disinformation she can't be trusted to tell us the time.

This is my issue with the suggestion that ABC wanted her to contribute on the news.  To what purpose?

• Love 3

If is the operative word here, imo. I don't buy it. When she started the show, she was on ABC News a couple of times, but she flopped so bad that she was confined to The View since. She wishes she could've got a job there. It'll become more obvious this wasn't her choice when she goes on to do nothing of import.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

If is the operative word here, imo. I don't buy it. When she started the show, she was on ABC News a couple of times, but she flopped so bad that she was confined to The View since. She wishes she could've got a job there. It'll become more obvious this wasn't her choice when she goes on to do nothing of import.

An ABC source  supposedly said Meghan was offered a news contributing job.  Perhaps Meghan is the ABC source.  She wouldn't be the first departing View cohost to spin things her way. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Yes, ABC used her a few times as a pundit and then stopped when it became apparent she was in over her head.  I seriously doubt they offered her a position as a contributor.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 15
38 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

She wouldn't be the first departing View cohost to spin things her way. 

That was my first thought.  Either she's the source or someone who is connected with her in some way.  Bit of a win win for her - ABC likely would not bother to deny what are essentially rumours but they're also unlikely to confirm it either as they don't benefit from that.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

You consider Joy Behar a 'conservative democrat' ? Joy couldn't be a more progressive liberal (as she has said time and time again), as there is nothing conservative in her views.  Whoopi is the same, though as moderator she does try to be a bit gentler in her opinions (whereas Joy lets it all out - especially countering MeAgain).

Sunny is a conservative liberal, and as she has said in the past - it's her devotion to  Catholicism which has made her side with conservatism on different Democratic policies.  

Sara - I can't tell. I honestly don't know whether she knows if she's conservative or liberal at this point, since all her talking points are not organic, but written and rehearsed for her. 

They do need two conservative voices on the panel. Maybe SE Cupp for one seat?  

If they go with another liberal, the one person I'd love to see take the seat is Chelsea Clinton. She has proven - as a guest on the show - she is poised, smart, and interesting. 

I disagree that they have to represent every part of the political spectrum.  I hate that the show has contributed to the binary view of every single news item.  

Though the show has recently done extensive coverage of political issues, I disagree with the premise that it is a show for political discussion ONLY.  I hope they go back to the original premise - women from different age groups, ethnic backgrounds, and experiences, talking about issues that concern women.  There are a lot of issues that cannot and should not be reduced to conservative viewpoint vs liberal viewpoint.  Women can have their own OPINIONS on topics that don't reflect the political party they last voted for.  

• Love 17
4 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Sara doesn't have a degree in journalism.  She has  a degree in government.   If ABC did offer Meghan a job as a news contributor shame on them.  Meghan has put forth so much disinformation she can't be trusted to tell us the time. 

In her media bios she has "journalist" listed as her profession throughout the internet. She shouldn't have that if she doesn't have a degree in journalism. Very misleading. 

In any event, she was not offered a job with ABC News, but Meghan was - just to keep her in her seat on the panel. 

1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

I disagree that they have to represent every part of the political spectrum.  I hate that the show has contributed to the binary view of every single news item.  

Though the show has recently done extensive coverage of political issues, I disagree with the premise that it is a show for political discussion ONLY.  I hope they go back to the original premise - women from different age groups, ethnic backgrounds, and experiences, talking about issues that concern women.  There are a lot of issues that cannot and should not be reduced to conservative viewpoint vs liberal viewpoint.  Women can have their own OPINIONS on topics that don't reflect the political party they last voted for.  

That original programming blueprint is now outdated. That's the blueprint Walters presented to the network when she first wanted this project to get going in the mid-90s, and when it premiered in 1997.  By the time 'The Talk' premiered in 2010 with that same blueprint, it was already out-dated. 'The Talk' then had to switch gears a few months later, and focus on 'Entertainment Tonight' type of Hollywood gossip.

25 seasons later the show has evolved and realized their audience is made up of both men and women, and was named 'the most important political show on television' a few years ago. They have concluded a long time ago that political issues 'concern women' just as much as they 'concern men', and women are tuning in to watch their political discussions, not Kardashian discussions - they have 'The Talk' for that.   

I was listening today to an interview with the head of the London School of Economics on post pandemic recovery. She was talking about leave for new parents in Iceland. Mothers get 4 months, fathers get 4 months and 4 months goes to either. If fathers don't take their leave, it's lost.

And it occurred to me that that is the kind of discussion I'd be interested in watching on The View: is forced paternal leave going to help raise the status of taking care of children (harkening back to the breast feeding discussion earlier this week) and should governments be manipulating this way even if it works?

I have zero interest in the kind of pre-packaged political talking points that Meghan has been presenting.

• Love 11
(edited)
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I have zero interest in the kind of pre-packaged political talking points that Meghan has been presenting.

I'm fine with The View bringing politics into the show when they specifically have a political guest or if they are discussing the latest news stories.  But the show never used to be so politics driven as it is now.  I had to stop watching when MM is on because  it felt like with her every discussion was a political one.  If  I want that there are lots of others places for that on TV.

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Love 10
34 minutes ago, tableau vivant said:

25 seasons later the show has evolved and realized their audience is made up of both men and women, and was named 'the most important political show on television' a few years ago. They have concluded a long time ago that political issues 'concern women' just as much as they 'concern men', and women are tuning in to watch their political discussions, not Kardashian discussions - they have 'The Talk' for that.   

Wow, are there only two kinds of discussions women can have?  Either political or or "Kardashian?"  because I talk to women all the time, and I am capable of having conversations that are neither. 

Oh, and someone saying The View is the "most important political show"  does not make it a FACT.  It was an opinion. 

The show has evolved because of the political climate of the political climate of the last few years.   And then it "de-volved" ( my opinion)  by having Meghan  making EVERY issue a right/left political issue.  I would like to see the show evolve more, and talk about important issues without making every thing a matter of liberal/conservative dichotomy. 

• Love 18
21 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

I'm fine with The View bringing politics into the show when they specifically have a political guest or if they are discussing the latest news stories.  But the show never used to be so politics driven as it is now.  I had to stop watching when MM is on because  it felt like with her every discussion was a political one.  If  I want that there are lots of others places for that on TV.

The ladies were also nuanced in their political views.  Starr was a liberal Democrat but was very conservative when it came to male/female roles in a marriage. I absolutely loved her discussion about wives submitting to their husbands. A lot of people at the time were offended but I got where she was coming from.. I always got the impression that Barbara Walters was socially liberal but fiscally conservative... Because of the infamous split screen fight, the show became left versus right and it was not always like that..

• Love 9
5 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

That's another thing to look forward to September for--the return of other topics besides politics, whether they're relationship topics, family topics, whatever. They never could talk about anything other than politics because McCain would throw a hissyfit. The show's better when they talk about heavy subjects in the first half and lighter subjects in the second half, imo.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Wow, are there only two kinds of discussions women can have?  Either political or or "Kardashian?"  because I talk to women all the time, and I am capable of having conversations that are neither. 

Daytime TV talk show producers seem to think so. 'The Talk', 'Wendy Williams', etc. talk mostly Kardashians on their shows. 'The View' talks mostly politics. 

4 minutes ago, tableau vivant said:

Daytime TV talk show producers seem to think so. 'The Talk', 'Wendy Williams', etc. talk mostly Kardashians on their shows. 'The View' talks mostly politics. 

I am confused. Is it your opinion , or that of the producers?

34 minutes ago, tableau vivant said:

My observation. Do some channel surfing to different talk shows and you will see what I mean. Good luck! 

I dont watch all those shows. 

You're  saying that there are only two categories,  and The View has to be either hard politics or mindless fluff. My point is this:  when The View started, there were no other shows where a group of women discussed topics and interviewed people. Nobody told them they had to fit into a pre-existing category. They created something new.  You admit the show has EVOLVED, but now they have to be a political show? So, evolving has stopped, and now its an either/or, politics or fluff?  Nope. I disagree. There is an infinite world of topics between those two extremes, and I hope The View "evolves" into a show that can discuss those topics.

And I think with Meghan gone, they can do that. They don't need to select the panel by balancing out political views. Women are diverse and complicated. We are not defined ONLY by our politics. 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

They never could talk about anything other than politics because McCain would throw a hissyfit.

But she loved talking about the "Housewives"...something Joy hated, so really not all politics.

11 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

The ladies were also nuanced in their political views.

This is true.  Even when a cohost publicly proclaimed her political affiliation as Star did you still didn't know which side of an issue she would be on.

I blame Bill Geddie for the political polarization of the View.  He had Elisabeth Hasselbeck regurgitating right wing talking points daily.

7 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

If that is what daytime TV producers think they are missing the mark.  Women are capable (and the men who watch daytime TV as well) of understanding political discussions as well as entertainment/fluff topics.   People who watch any talk show want to be entertained.  I think the problem is split screen arguments and verbal attacks on fellow cohosts is now what is considered entertaining.  Call it the Real Housewivesisfication of television.

Once Meghan is gone I look for the View to be much more enjoyable.  Some people might think it's boring but I for one am looking forward to it.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

If that is what daytime TV producers think they are missing the mark.  Women are capable (and the men who watch daytime TV as well) of understanding political discussions as well as entertainment/fluff topics. 

I could be wrong but I do believe as well that people are getting tired of hearing politics all the time!  No one wants to be ignorant of current events but I think a lot of people have politics fatigue and would really welcome the opportunity to watch intelligent people debate topics of interest without it having to turn into partisan attack ads for one political party or another.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

This is true.  Even when a cohost publicly proclaimed her political affiliation as Star did you still didn't know which side of an issue she would be on.

I blame Bill Geddie for the political polarization of the View.  He had Elisabeth Hasselbeck regurgitating right wing talking points daily.

When Rosie O'Donnell joined the show in 2006-07, and had a say in what the Hot Topics would be each day, is when the show turned it's focus to political issues - and the ratings soared into another stratosphere. Rosie said at the time she wanted each cohost - herself, Joy and Hasslebeck at the time - to be vocal of their opinions, and political beliefs, and they were. No more being 'subtle' as they were from 1997-2006. Rosie wanted audiences to know which side of the issue a host was on. And the audience responded to ABC's delight. 

After she left and Goldberg took over, they continued the format until 2013-14, when they brought in Jenny McCarthy with Sherrie Shepherd  (and let go of Behar and Hasslebeck) and switched focus to 'pop fluff', competing with 'The Talk'.  Goldberg checked out for that season - she had no interest in daily talk about Kardashians, Justin Bieber, Real Housewives, Brittney Spears, etc. The ratings that season went into a free-fall, as no one was tuning in any longer (including me).  As we know, ABC got rid of McCarthy and Shepherd at the end of the season and had to try to save the show. 

Once Rosie came back in 2014, she said upfront the show was going to return to focus on political issues - no 'real house wives' and 'celebrity gossip'.  Again, the ratings went up the first few weeks, but when Rosie held back in discussions (she admits her doctors told her not to get 'whipped up' on the show like she used to) , ratings tumbled again. Adding the likes of Candace, Michelle Collins, Paula, Jed and Raven over the years didn't help. 

The show didn't get back on track until Meghan joined in 2017. Like Rosie in 2006, the panel had loud voices - there was no skirting around the issues. Everyone voiced their opinions on where they stood on hot-button issues. There was fighting, there was tension - there were skyrocketing ratings once again. 

So yes, the show has evolved since their early days and Producers  know what their audience wants to see. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, tableau vivant said:

So yes, the show has evolved since their early days and Producers  know what their audience wants to see. 

Politics can be discussed. But it doesn't have to be a blood sport.  A healthy political debate does not need to devolve into whataboutism or pouting.

• Love 22
(edited)
1 hour ago, tableau vivant said:

The show didn't get back on track until Meghan joined in 2017. Like Rosie in 2006, the panel had loud voices - there was no skirting around the issues. Everyone voiced their opinions on where they stood on hot-button issues. There was fighting, there was tension - there were skyrocketing ratings once again. 

I'm not as sure as you appear to be that credit for this should go to MM.  The political scene in the US changed dramatically 2016-2018.  I think no matter who was on the panel politics was going to be big and there was going to be a lot of raised voices and opinions thrown around.  Did the ratings drop when MM was off on maternity leave?  I don't think they did. 

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Love 14

The show got back on track when Joy returned in 2015. They returned to the format of discussing politics in the first half and lighter topics in the second half. And by lighter topics, I mean relationship and family discussions, with maybe the occasional reality show mess. Not simply nothing but Kartrashians and Real Housewives garbage; I wouldn't have watched if that's what they talked about. The show didn't do only politics during the Elisabeth years, when Rosie was there, or in Joy's first seasons back in 2015-16. Only McCain thought the show should be nothing but politics in every segment and would derail the show if anything else was discussed. And of course they bent the show over backwards just to avoid dealing with her drama.... Now she's gone, the show can and likely will go back to normal.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Politics can be discussed. But it doesn't have to be a blood sport.  A healthy political debate does not need to devolve into whataboutism or pouting.

Right.  And most women know how to discuss topics without screeching, going off on long-winded tangents, and INTERRUPTING others.   

Most of all, viewers watch because they like the hosts, want to hear from them, are interested in what they have to say.  The View is supposed to be like having a conversation with friends, about whatever topics interest you.  Meghan often seemed so ANGRY it was unpleasant to see.  

• Love 14
19 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

The show has evolved because of the political climate of the political climate of the last few years.   And then it "de-volved" ( my opinion)  by having Meghan  making EVERY issue a right/left political issue.  I would like to see the show evolve more, and talk about important issues without making every thing a matter of liberal/conservative dichotomy. 

And the beauty of The View was that an issue may have both conservative and liberal components, and hosts with their various outlooks could discuss "a middle way" that many viewers could agree with. But MM would spout cherry-picked facts and figures and try to use the issue for a political advantage.

I know that many, if not most, of the discussions start out in a pre-production meeting, but I love the rare moments when a host says, "Hmm, I never thought about it that way before."

• Love 7
(edited)
5 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

The show got back on track when Joy returned in 2015. 

That's when I came back, but it was Jedediah interrupting everyone mid-sentence that made me watch less and less. It was exasperating to never hear a complete thought.  Little did I know there could be someone worse than that.  I actually enjoy political discussions where everyone follows the normal rules of conversation, where everyone gets a chance to concisely state their view and give everyone else a chance to speak. No screaming, no ranting, no interrupting. Listen.  You can actually learn why someone holds their opinion if you listen instead of focusing on sharpening your filet knife while others are speaking. Most issues aren't black and white; there are shades of grey and nuance to different situations.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

I'm not as sure as you appear to be that credit for this should go to MM.  The political scene in the US changed dramatically 2016-2018.  I think no matter who was on the panel politics was going to be big and there was going to be a lot of raised voices and opinions thrown around.  Did the ratings drop when MM was off on maternity leave?  I don't think they did. 

Do you really think if former hosts Raven, Candace, Paula, Jedediah, Michelle Collins, Nicole Wallace or Rosie Perez was in McCain's seat the show would still be #1 in the daytime ratings? 

Do you think any of them could have a worthwhile, interesting political discussion over what was going on over the past four years ? 

You may not like MM's approach or personality, but as Joy said on Thursday - she held her own  against the others no matter how heated it got.  Unlike 'conservatives' Nicole, Candace, Paula and Jed who were all equally passive in their opinions on the panel. They allowed Whoopi and Joy to steamroll right over them and always gave in to the liberal views. 

As far as the ratings of when MM returned in January, the reports were that the ratings did go up. There's also the reports regarding MM's leaving  that the show had their best first quarter ever this year, which started with MM's return. (The second quarter ended the other day so those haven't been released yet.) 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Agreed, but that seems to be what gets the ratings. It happened in 2006-07 with Rosie and Hasslebeck on the show, and now the past few years with MM on the show. 

8 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

Do you really think if former hosts Raven, Candace, Paula, Jedediah, Michelle Collins, Nicole Wallace or Rosie Perez was in McCain's seat the show would still be #1 in the daytime ratings? 

Do you think any of them could have a worthwhile, interesting political discussion over what was going on over the past four years ? 

Yes, I think the show would have done well with Nicolle Wallace during the Trump era. That would have been awesome.

Lucky for her she got dumped by the View. She has an actual show, and got that idiot Chuck Todd bumped. Life is great that way.

MeAgain? She will never get a show unless it is on her husband's non-existent network.

• Love 17

Wallace was too passive on the show. She was supposed to be the 'conservative voice' in 2014-15, but she wasn't. Not by far. She went along with everything Rosie O and Whoopi said, and if she dared oppose to show the republican viewpoint she did it in a barely audible whisper. She came across as a 'RINO' on the show, never really standing up for the conservative views she was hired for in the first place (Palin would've probably been so much better). It was a strange dynamic on the show with her. Now she's on MSNBC and found her place as a true RINO. 

As for MeAgain, as I said repeatedly since last Thursday - she's not angling for another show. She has her eyes on something much bigger, IMO. Just pay attention to what Whoopi and Joy were saying to her and the audience when she announced her leaving. 

For the record, Wendy was live yesterday and made no corrections to her statement last Friday that Sara is leaving the end of the season. So it looks like she's standing by what she said. 

And as far as I can see, Sara has not corrected her in her own words on social media this weekend, either. 

On 7/4/2021 at 11:16 AM, tableau vivant said:

They do need two conservative voices on the panel. Maybe SE Cupp for one seat?  

Oh dear God, no!   Anyone other than S. E. "Sippy" Cupp, please.  She's another Repug wind-up doll that just goes on and on and on...

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

It’s almost as if they did a search of the worst week of boring shows and decided to rerun them this week.

They had to choose episodes where Meghan didn't show her ass and it was slim pickings.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

Agreed, but that seems to be what gets the ratings. It happened in 2006-07 with Rosie and Hasslebeck on the show, and now the past few years with MM on the show. 

I think that's illustrative of the discussion on this board.   Many of us are discussing what we think will improve the show going forward.   NOT, what changes were made in the past and how it affected ratings.   

I am of the belief that The View CAN be a quality show.  And maybe some changes need to be made that will cause some bumps in the road, but any show goes through transitions when they want to change.  The country has been through a lot of changes, and I think people are done with looking at heated political conservative/liberal FIGHTS, and ready for some intelligent, nuanced discussion. 

What was good for ratings in 2006 isn't necessarily what will be good for ratings in 2022.  you can quote all the transitions in the past, and how ratings were or were not affected, but we are in different times right now.  

• Love 12
(edited)
3 hours ago, Tunia said:

Oh dear God, no!   Anyone other than S. E. "Sippy" Cupp, please.  She's another Repug wind-up doll that just goes on and on and on...

I think she'd be a big upgrade from Meghan and is a better choice than some of the other conservatives The View has had, like Elisabeth and Candace. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

It’s almost as if they did a search of the worst week of boring shows and decided to rerun them this week.

yup.  I was just coming in here to sigh.  Ho hum.  LOL

You know what?  They can re-show segments from when there's preemptions.  They've done it before.  Why can't they cut up these eps with one of those.  Ditch Caitlyn and replay the Shephard sisters.

4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I think she'd be a big upgrade from Meghan and is a better choice than some of the other conservatives The View has had, like Elisabeth and Candace. 

eek.  Its the Trinity.  Of what?

Edited by ForumLou
Add - I guess local preemptions don't count
On 7/5/2021 at 9:25 AM, Axie said:

I would have preferred the rerun of pretty much any show they have ever filmed over this Caitlyn Jenner crap interview.

it did suck bigly.  She was the worst interview yet this year.  She needs to polish everything.  Presentation is everything. Rinse and repeat! Carnegie Hall is.....not.....calling!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I think that's illustrative of the discussion on this board.   Many of us are discussing what we think will improve the show going forward.   NOT, what changes were made in the past and how it affected ratings.   

Why does the show need improvement going forward ? It's #1 in the daytime ratings, and the first quarter was their best quarter ever. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 

I'm sure the producers and network does indeed look back over the past 25 seasons and sees what works for the ratings and what doesn't. 

Just letting everyone know, on today’s show, Wendy Williams walked back the comment she made during last Friday’s show about Sara leaving The View at season’s end. She said she liked Sara and her sidekick, Norman, said he loved her. So we can put that rumor to rest. As usual, Wendy misspoke and misstated facts. She misstates things on a daily basis therefore I take anything she has to say with a grain of salt. The only thing I’m surprised about is that she corrected herself on the record. Perhaps her team encouraged her to do so.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

Just letting everyone know, on today’s show, Wendy Williams walked back the comment she made during last Friday’s show about Sara leaving The View at season’s end. She said she liked Sara and her sidekick, Norman, said he loved her. So we can put that rumor to rest. As usual, Wendy misspoke and misstated facts. She misstates things on a daily basis therefore I take anything she has to say with a grain of salt. The only thing I’m surprised about is that she corrected herself on the record. Perhaps her team encouraged her to do so.  

I'm glad. I mean, the show would've been fine regardless for me with Joy and Sunny still there (and Ana adds a lot of personality, too), but I'm glad she'll still be part of the cast next season. I like that there's someone in the middle at the table. She adds a lot of chemistry to the group.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'm glad. I mean, the show would've been fine regardless for me with Joy and Sunny still there (and Ana adds a lot of personality, too), but I'm glad she'll still be part of the cast next season. I like that there's someone in the middle at the table. She adds a lot of chemistry to the group.

Ditto. I don’t have a major issue with any of those ladies and like them all for the most part. Joy is the true First Lady of The View for me. Whoopi is an icon and she can be really funny when she wants to. Sara is a sweetheart and tries her best to be fair. Ana is fiery and brings a lot of personality. If they all remain, I’d be totally happy. I just hope they choose Meghan’s replacement carefully. Almost anyone is an upgrade, but there are still lots of names thrown around of people who’d annoy me. 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

I think it was a case of the inside voice becoming the outside voice and she was stuck.  Didn't want to seem stoopid she went along and perpetuated the lie. Glad they admitted it.  Throwing me into a Sara tizzy.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

I saw that - it took her enough time to make the correction, too ! You would've thought she would start Monday's show with the correction, but she waited until the middle of Hot Topics on Tuesday, when something else she was talking about 'reminded her' to make the correction.

• LOL 1
(edited)

Here's an interesting article right here on PRIMETIMER, which backs up just about everything I have said over the past few months. Read carefully  these paragraphs:

"During McCain’s time at The View, the ABC talk show reached ratings-highs never before seen in its 24-season history. Part of that viewership increase can be attributed to The Trump Effect: with so much news coming out of the Trump White House every day, viewers turned to pundits for clarity. But while most mainstream cable news networks have watched ratings decrease since President Biden took office, The View has managed to hold on to, and even grow, its base. In late June, The View ranked No. 1 in households and amassed 2.8 million total viewers for the first time ever at this point in the season, and it’s currently up 2% compared to the same point last year. It’s no stretch to say that this surge is largely due to McCain, who has continued to make headlines even as Hot Topics have dragged under the Biden administration.

ABC’s executives are keenly aware of this fact: last week Page Six reported that the network “begged her to stay” and even offered McCain an ABC News contributor role, but she turned it down. Controversial as she may be, McCain is a huge profit-driver, even if — and likely because — her presence comes with a hefty side of Twitter dragging.

Quite simply, Meghan McCain made The View relevant again, and if ABC wants to continue making a midday splash, execs are going to have to take all of this into account. Now that the blonde genie is out of the bottle, it’s almost certain that whoever fills McCain’s seat will be even more extreme than the conservative firebrand.

Meghan McCain’s departure leaves ABC with two options: ditch politics altogether and watch ratings drop off a cliff, or hire someone even more conservative and set Twitter on fire."

Hate on her all you want, but the show has much to thank her for what she contributed. 

https://www.primetimer.com/theview/meghan-mccain-the-view-replacement-even-worse

Edited by tableau vivant
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1