Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 6/28/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, tableau vivant said:

I saw that - it took her enough time to make the correction, too ! You would've thought she would start Monday's show with the correction, but she waited until the middle of Hot Topics on Tuesday, when something else she was talking about 'reminded her' to make the correction.

Yeah, she was showing a pic of a blonde and was going on about her and said she resembled MeAgain and oh, by the way, blah, blah, blah.  She was trying to slide it in with as little acknowledgement of her error as possible.  I'm sure it killed her to have to admit that she misspoke.  LOL

• Love 2
1 hour ago, tableau vivant said:

Here's an interesting article right here on PRIMETIMER, which backs up just about everything I have said over the past few months. Read carefully  these paragraphs:

"During McCain’s time at The View, the ABC talk show reached ratings-highs never before seen in its 24-season history. Part of that viewership increase can be attributed to The Trump Effect: with so much news coming out of the Trump White House every day, viewers turned to pundits for clarity. But while most mainstream cable news networks have watched ratings decrease since President Biden took office, The View has managed to hold on to, and even grow, its base. In late June, The View ranked No. 1 in households and amassed 2.8 million total viewers for the first time ever at this point in the season, and it’s currently up 2% compared to the same point last year. It’s no stretch to say that this surge is largely due to McCain, who has continued to make headlines even as Hot Topics have dragged under the Biden administration.

ABC’s executives are keenly aware of this fact: last week Page Six reported that the network “begged her to stay” and even offered McCain an ABC News contributor role, but she turned it down. Controversial as she may be, McCain is a huge profit-driver, even if — and likely because — her presence comes with a hefty side of Twitter dragging.

Quite simply, Meghan McCain made The View relevant again, and if ABC wants to continue making a midday splash, execs are going to have to take all of this into account. Now that the blonde genie is out of the bottle, it’s almost certain that whoever fills McCain’s seat will be even more extreme than the conservative firebrand.

Meghan McCain’s departure leaves ABC with two options: ditch politics altogether and watch ratings drop off a cliff, or hire someone even more conservative and set Twitter on fire."

Hate on her all you want, but the show has much to thank her for what she contributed. 

https://www.primetimer.com/theview/meghan-mccain-the-view-replacement-even-worse

oh my gawd this is turning into the Twilight Zone.  She is going to ride this for the rest of days.  Its going to take a conservative firebrand to knock down the ghost of MMs ego.  And then what are we stuck with?  MM xs 2!  Double the horror.  Gotta give her credit for timing that's for sure.  Going out while you're *hot* (i guess lol). I think that's from George Costanza.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Who exactly is arguing that the show is just going to drop politics because McCain is gone? They talked politics before she came on this show and they'll continue to talk politics after her. I'm sure they'll hire some random conservative mouthpiece to fill her slot, the way Elisabeth filled it before her. They don't need to have someone "even more extreme" to accomplish the job. What is it with the media these days and these false either/or's?

Besides, I'm not surprised Primetimer would push that considering they seemed to be in McCain's pocket ever since they started publishing articles about the show. The author's bio alone told me that much.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Besides, I'm not surprised Primetimer would push that considering they seemed to be in McCain's pocket ever since they started publishing articles about the show. The author's bio alone told me that much.

Exactly!  If one just looked at Primetimer's home page one might think The View only had one host.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

Yeah, she was showing a pic of a blonde and was going on about her and said she resembled MeAgain and oh, by the way, blah, blah, blah.  She was trying to slide it in with as little acknowledgement of her error as possible.  I'm sure it killed her to have to admit that she misspoke.  LOL

That's right - the wedding couple who was suing Gordon Ramsey. The woman did look like McCain in that photo...but the story Wendy was telling about the whole ordeal completely bored me. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

Here's an interesting article right here on PRIMETIMER, which backs up just about everything I have said over the past few months. Read carefully  these paragraphs:

"During McCain’s time at The View, the ABC talk show reached ratings-highs never before seen in its 24-season history. Part of that viewership increase can be attributed to The Trump Effect: with so much news coming out of the Trump White House every day, viewers turned to pundits for clarity. But while most mainstream cable news networks have watched ratings decrease since President Biden took office, The View has managed to hold on to, and even grow, its base. In late June, The View ranked No. 1 in households and amassed 2.8 million total viewers for the first time ever at this point in the season, and it’s currently up 2% compared to the same point last year. It’s no stretch to say that this surge is largely due to McCain, who has continued to make headlines even as Hot Topics have dragged under the Biden administration.

ABC’s executives are keenly aware of this fact: last week Page Six reported that the network “begged her to stay” and even offered McCain an ABC News contributor role, but she turned it down. Controversial as she may be, McCain is a huge profit-driver, even if — and likely because — her presence comes with a hefty side of Twitter dragging.

Quite simply, Meghan McCain made The View relevant again, and if ABC wants to continue making a midday splash, execs are going to have to take all of this into account. Now that the blonde genie is out of the bottle, it’s almost certain that whoever fills McCain’s seat will be even more extreme than the conservative firebrand.

Meghan McCain’s departure leaves ABC with two options: ditch politics altogether and watch ratings drop off a cliff, or hire someone even more conservative and set Twitter on fire."

Hate on her all you want, but the show has much to thank her for what she contributed. 

https://www.primetimer.com/theview/meghan-mccain-the-view-replacement-even-worse

TPTB wanted the train-wreck that is Me-Again for ratings. At least two times a week she was so outrageous in her comments and in her behaviour that she got covered in all of the online sites.

She was the most annoying, odious and unlikeable co-host, but she got them viewers.

She actually loved it as well, and would re-tweet any articles that highlighted her idiocy; until she was so idiotic that she didn't re-tweet.

Her own mother stated that she didn't like MeAgain's behaviour.

So, yes, ABC probably loved the viewership they were getting.

But, it is kind of like electing a certain President. Is it good for the world, or not? 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, bannana said:

TPTB wanted the train-wreck that is Me-Again for ratings. At least two times a week she was so outrageous in her comments and in her behaviour that she got covered in all of the online sites.

Every day 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

This entire article sounds like it was written by the Meghan Mccain fan club. Primetimer should be embarrassed for publishing it.

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

This entire article sounds like it was written by the Meghan Mccain fan club. Primetimer should be embarrassed for publishing it.

Here's another line from the "article" written by Meghan's PR firm:

And Bari Weiss seems entirely unlikely to submit to ABC’s fact checking process.

If ABC had a fact checking process, MM's ass would've been bounced years ago.  She has consistently lied during her tenure on The View.

• Love 14
On 7/7/2021 at 2:01 PM, tableau vivant said:

The View did not ditch politics nor did the ratings drop off a cliff during the 4 months that MeAgain was on maternity leave, so the show should do just fine without her. 

• Love 16
45 minutes ago, deirdra said:

The View did not ditch politics nor did the ratings drop off a cliff during the 4 months that MeAgain was on maternity leave, so the show should do just fine without her. 

Hell Ya!  There was a 'before' MM.  She is not the endall beall. She's looking to add another M to her name....Martyr.  yup.  She's sort of in a predicament though because if they followup  with her, whats she going to say?  All she can say is that yes shes very happy.  The alternative is saying her coworkers sucked.  So shes disparaging them.  Well see how she plays it out.. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Watching the very inspirational interview with the young woman who is battling brain tumors and Megaphone is crying and making it about what she went through with her father.  Sigh and goodbye, Meghan.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Axie said:

Watching the very inspirational interview with the young woman who is battling brain tumors and Megaphone is crying and making it about what she went through with her father.  Sigh and goodbye, Meghan.

Soon very very soon!  Forget about praying for the Pope (kidding! Love the guy!) But divert a lil pray our way that this happens.  No accidents, things lost, and many other delays.  As for the MegaSob.  I think even she was surprised as to how she reacted.  I don't think she was expecting it to happen.  On one hand she should have excused herself to get control. On the other we, or I, not to speak for others) can understand this particular episode. It must have ripped the scabs off some raw hurts.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, deirdra said:

I wish ABC or GMA or somebody to issue a stmt that we at the View are just fine, thankyou very much.  There is no lost thing here or piece of ancient vase.  But i think that would go a long long way.  To the TPTB, open your eyes.  Defend your girls.  Defend your network

• Love 3

For the record, the ratings are in for the week of June, and 'The View' is up in viewers by 48,000, with key female demographics most sought after by advertisers: women 18-49 and women 25-54.  The increase brings it to just under 2.5 M daily viewers - pretty unheard of for the months of June, when summer activities and summer vacations kick off on Memorial Day weekend. Usually, no one is home watching TV on summer days.  No wonder the network offered her everything to stay, with those ratings reports in their hands. They do not want to upset the apple cart.  The show was #1 in daytime talk shows. 

Meanwhile, their rival 'The Talk' has lost 14% of it's viewers in the month of June, with Sharon Osborne gone. It's key female audience demos are at an all-time low, and the show is barely attracting half the number of viewers 'The View' is attracting. The show started in the bottom of the ratings in September, and it's ending it's 11th season in the bottom of the ratings.

On 7/8/2021 at 4:00 PM, deirdra said:

nor did the ratings drop off a cliff during the 4 months that MeAgain was on maternity leave

Yes.  And if I remember correctly, the ratings actually went up a bit when she was on maternity leave.  No surprise there.

• Love 6
On 7/8/2021 at 5:00 PM, deirdra said:

I wonder if the fact that those months covered one of the most important presidential elections in history had anything to do with ABC not ditching politics at that time, and ratings not dropping ? We may never know for sure. 

• Love 1

We could put the same asterisk on Meghan McCain's entire time on The View being in Trump's shadow (the ratings went up for most of the news during that time). And then there's the fact that the show has had ratings gains year-to-year for six years straight now and that started two years before she was on this show...

• Love 11
(edited)
On 7/7/2021 at 3:01 PM, tableau vivant said:

Well, that's someone's OPINION, not fact, and it's a stupid opinion.  there are not only two options -  either be all about politics OR ditch politics completely.    NO -  How about talking about a wide variety of topics, and including political topics when they are pertinent and current?  

The show can be interesting and entertaining without having constant liberal/conservative debates that turn into shouting matches.   I know you will say, "but that makes good ratings!"  But an intelligent, nuanced show can ALSO have good ratings.  

It's easy to point at ratings and try to connect a uptick to something specific.  BUt the one thing you learn in research is "Correlation is not Causation".  

Edited by tinkerbell
adding a thought
  • Love 13

Lets see how fast the name MM disappears from the lexicon that is the View. That last show, the obligatory See Ya! Never to be mentioned again,  except as noted the 'dark times' lol.  And the people rejoiced! There was dancing in the streets!  A successful Branson flight! Oh sorry, diverted for a moment there. Happy Days are here again ...

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I do hope once Meghan leaves, the show doesn't suffer the same fate as 'The Talk' since Sharon left four months ago. 

Sharon, like Meghan, was much despised on that show. It was evident every day just here on PRIMETIMER's 'The Talk' forum, where everyone said they couldn't wait for her to leave or get fired from the show - she was horrible to watch. Like Meghan on this forum, Osborne was called a 'witch' and every other name you could think of.  Like here, everyone wanted  the network to get rid of her.  (I was never a fan of hers in any capacity, but wouldn't wish someone out of a job - so I hardly tuned in).  

So the network fired her back in March, after her on-air argument with her cohost. And what happened ? The show has lost 14% of viewers in the past four months since she's been gone. It's locked into last place, compared to other daytime shows. It's been renewed for another season - but no one knows what the format will be in September, as rumors are flying. 

Let's hope for the other hosts McCain leaves behind, this doesn't happen here. 

Sharon was the biggest name and matriarch of The Talk.  Personally, I liked Sharon and I hated the way she was let go.  But getting back to the topic, Meghan is popular but she is not the only draw to the show. Whoopi and Joy are also big draws for the show.  The View was around long before Meghan and I'm sure they'll be fine w/o her.  She was cool early on, but she ultimately became miserable to watch everyday.  She was the absolute worst cohost to ever sit at the table. Good riddance. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, A.J. said:

She was cool early on, but she ultimately became miserable to watch everyday.  

Yep.  It's not pleasant to tune in to a daytime show and watch someone be constantly miserable, petty, immature, and nasty.   She became angrier and angrier as the months/years went by.  She was the first talk show host I've ever seen in my 65 years who would berate the audience.  Who does that? 

• Love 14
On 7/8/2021 at 5:56 PM, ForumLou said:

Hell Ya!  There was a 'before' MM.  She is not the endall beall. She's looking to add another M to her name....Martyr.  yup.  She's sort of in a predicament though because if they followup  with her, whats she going to say?  All she can say is that yes shes very happy.  The alternative is saying her coworkers sucked.  So shes disparaging them.  Well see how she plays it out.. 

Meghan's middle name is Marguerite. MMM 

• LOL 2
8 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

I do hope once Meghan leaves, the show doesn't suffer the same fate as 'The Talk' since Sharon left four months ago. 

Sharon, like Meghan, was much despised on that show. It was evident every day just here on PRIMETIMER's 'The Talk' forum, where everyone said they couldn't wait for her to leave or get fired from the show - she was horrible to watch. Like Meghan on this forum, Osborne was called a 'witch' and every other name you could think of.  Like here, everyone wanted  the network to get rid of her.  (I was never a fan of hers in any capacity, but wouldn't wish someone out of a job - so I hardly tuned in).  

So the network fired her back in March, after her on-air argument with her cohost. And what happened ? The show has lost 14% of viewers in the past four months since she's been gone. It's locked into last place, compared to other daytime shows. It's been renewed for another season - but no one knows what the format will be in September, as rumors are flying. 

Like I said - Correlation does not mean causation.   If the numbers dropped AFTER Sharon left, that doesn't prove it was BECAUSE she left.  maybe some people stopped watching because  the accusations of racism made them uncomfortable, maybe viewers left because they saw the hosts argue and thought The Talk was becoming too much like The View,  maybe  there were other reasons.  It doesn't matter. 

The View is a different show.  Meghan was angry, combative, and ill-mannered.  The show WILL be better without her.  If the ratings take a hit for a while until the changes settle down, so what?  

Your premise seems to be " The talk's ratings went down after Sharon O left, therefore The View's ratings will go down after Meghan leaves."   OK, that's your opinion.  Whatever.  There's no proof of it.  

• Love 12
10 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

I don't think this is an apt comparison. Sharon had decades of being an actual horrible human being toward other people. She was famous for her horrid behaviour towards anyone and everyone. Way before she was on the The Talk.

MeAgain is just an infant in the time-scale of a Sharon O. And she is not really as c***y as Sharon O, even though she is awful.

MeAgain is just a spoiled brat who managed to get a spot on an international show, and acted out. And was ridiculous and pathetic. She sure doesn't have killer instinct of a Sharon O.

• Love 2

Stop beating the dead horse about ratings speculation.  You all have made your points several times and the discussion has gone beyond this topic as well.

• Love 5