Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 6/28/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, A.J. said:

I'm beyond shocked that no one has discussed the Marilyn Manson accuser's interview.  I could not get through it.  I watched a few minutes and had to turn away.  She seemed like she was on something.  

Glad you brought it up. I didn't watch the whole thing either, because there was something definitely 'sketchy' about the whole interview, and yes - I think she was on something, as well. I'm really not sure why this woman is going on a 'media tour', least of all why 'The View' booked her. 

11 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

My only wish for today's show is that a trap door drops Meghan into hell as she's announcing her resignation. She will cry liberal persecution ... but we won't be able to hear a thing.

Your mention of a trap door made me think of this...

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

If MeAgain is going, then please - let her grab Sara by one hand and the theme song by the other hand and all leave together ! 

She and Sara can take jobs at 'The Talk' (they're hiring)  and the theme song can be thrown away in the trash. 

• Love 1

I'm envisioning a darkened studio with Meghan holding a hankie in front of a picture of her father saluting the flag, telling us for an hour how much we're going to miss her.  And, how much we suck.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

$1 says MM lined up some other job at a conservative network where she’ll complain about how poorly she’s been treated at The View all these years and that her views were never allowed to be heard (never mind that her talking regularly ran over her time and limited the opportunity for others to weigh in).

In reality she’s probably just beating them to the punch of not renewing her contract. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 20
(edited)

The announcement will “change View history?”  Really?

Her statement was very gracious but of course she couldn’t do it without mentioning My Dad. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 7

I CALLED IT - she's using family,  baby, and not wanting to uproot from 'The Beltway' to move back to NYC. 

Notice she's not dressed like a circus clown to make her announcement ?

Notice she  didn't name Ana when she doled out her 'thank yous' ? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

I actually tuned in today after not watching really since the end of 2018 due to MM. Hopefully whoever they hire to fill her slot isn't as awful or even more awful then she's been. I would kind of like to start watching again next season.

• Love 15

PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT WHOOPI CLOSED WITH -  she said MeAgain can 'take on anything' once she leaves here. I truly believe she's hinting to MeAgain's near future in politics. Just my opinion, without going off topic. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, tableau vivant said:

PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT WHOOPI CLOSED WITH -  she said MeAgain can 'take on anything' once she leaves here. I truly believe she's hinting to MeAgain's near future in politics. Just my opinion, without going off topic. 

I agree. That's why she is trying to make this a classy exit, and why she's dressed like a professional, instead of a Circus Clown Space Princess.

• LOL 6
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Jaded said:

I actually tuned in today after not watching really since the end of 2018 due to MM. Hopefully whoever they hire to fill her slot isn't as awful or even more awful then she's been.

I hope I don't regret saying this but could anyone be worse than Meghan?  They need to hire someone who can play nice with others.

• Love 13
(edited)
11 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

Happy Canada Day to me! 

I was thinking the same thing!  I am so relieved to read here that she's gone!  I can watch my show again!  Oh just caught up - another month!  The longest July on record!

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Love 8

Well, everyone had something nice to say about Meghan.  I thought Meghan was polite & nice to everyone too, and I liked that she called Sarah a bright light & sign of positivity, she said that Her Father thought Sunny was Gorgeous.  Joy said Meghan was 'no Snowflake"(ha), and Meghan explained that she wanted to raise Liberty in the DC area where they are close to Family & Friends.  And Meghan made sure to Thank Brian Teta, the Producer.   Megs seemed calm & in a good mood...maybe she will be happier NOT being on this show.

• Love 11

I'd love if Abby returned, but I think Ana would be perfect. She will disagree with the other ladies more as the past administration is further in the rearview mirror. If Sara wasn't there, I'd say put Ana and one new conservative there. The show can handle multiple conservatives fine, as long as they don't act like unhinged lunatics.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Haleth said:

So for the next month we’ll have to listen to every guest fawn over Meghan on her Farewell Tour?

4 minutes ago, Mimi said:

Wow they wasted a whole segment on her goodbye announcement.

These are just labor pains, my friends. The end is in sight.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Cozytea said:

I watched for the confirmation that she is leaving, but had to turn it off when the ass kissing started.😄

It always amazes me how they can say the complete opposite of the truth. You're totally not a snowflake, Meghan! We love you, Meghan! Come back anytime, Meghan! But I'm sure the ladies' biggest struggle today is to not crack teeth from smiling too much or break into "Celebrate good times, come on!" on air.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
(edited)

The conversation about Cosby was expected - no surprises in their reactions. However, what was missing from the talk was Phylicia Rashad, who they fawn all over whenever she's a guest on the show, and her publicly standing by Cosby yesterday, PRAISING HIS PRISON RELEASE. She's been trending for what she has said - and not in a good way at all. 

Why aren't the ladies of the show not mentioning her and her controversial remarks ? 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/07/01/phylicia-rashad-cosby-tweet-howard/

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/30/phylicia-rashads-comments-on-bill-cosbys-release-slammed-on-twitter.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/bill-cosby-phylicia-rashad-janet-hubert-b1876280.html

Edited by tableau vivant
  • Love 10
(edited)
16 minutes ago, tableau vivant said:

But who would vote for Meghan McCain?  She's  so disliked by both sides. I know that sounds mean but it's true.

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 13

I wonder how many days Meghan will take off in the next month.  I also thought it was kind of weird that she mentioned she never wanted to work at The View.  Thanks for doing us all a favorite, Maggie.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

But who would vote for Meghan McCain?  She's  so disliked by both sides. I know that sounds mean but it's true.

She will start in Arizona and move up from there. She has her last name behind her.

Why else does she want to stay 'in the Beltway' now ? She needs to hobnob with the right people. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

But who would vote for Meghan McCain?  She's disliked by both sides. I know that sounds mean but it's true

I agree with you as it stands now, but she can rehab her image with what passes for "conservatives" these days.

I don't think it's any accident that she's been extra rabid, lately. Between her family of origin and the one into which she married, she has lot of connections (and if she'll listen to her, I suspect her mother has good instincts). She also has money, probably enough to buy a House seat.

1 minute ago, cslustig said:

How's everyone feeling today?? If you missed Meghan's big announcement, check it out here: https://www.primetimer.com/theview/meghan-mccain-leaving-the-view

🥳 🍾 🎉 🎈🌈 🥰

• Love 9
21 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Yeah, wasn't the Right really upset that Melania didn't get a cover when Michele Obama did?  I'm sure that's Princess's thinking here and why she hates them.  

Melania was on the cover of Vogue back in 2005 in a wedding dress, so she should have known about its refusal to give their cover models editorial control, which is yet another example of Meghan's not knowing WTF she's talking about, not that she ever let that stop her.

So Meghan's leaving. Whatever. Good riddance, bitch.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

4 minutes ago, General Days said:

I agree with you as it stands now, but she can rehab her image with what passes for "conservatives" these days.

I don't think it's any accident that she's been extra rabid, lately. Between her family of origin and the one into which she married, she has lot of connections (and if she'll listen to her, I suspect her mother has good instincts). She also has money, probably enough to buy a House seat.

I said over a year ago she will want to run for public office.  But as @Cozytea said she is not well liked by either side.  Now she could pick a safe district but she has had almost four years worth of on air antics for any opponent to lob at her.  Her last name will only get her so far.

• Love 4

I believe Megan's sudden departure had everything to do with Whoopi. I don't believe for a second Whoopi had back problems same as her back problems when her and Rosie had a dust-up followed by Rosie's abrupt departure.

Whoopi's sciatica flared-up following Meghan and Whoopi's verbal brawl. I believe Whoopi's time off air was used as a bargaining chip to remove Meghan. I'm sure production was told, "It's either her or me!"

• Useful 9
  • Love 12