Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 6/28/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, ifionlyknew said:

I said over a year ago she will want to run for public office.  But as @Cozytea said she is not well liked by either side.  Now she could pick a safe district but she has had almost four years worth of on air antics for any opponent to lob at her.  Her last name will only get her so far.

I don't necessarily think she'll win (although I do think she has access to people who can position her as well as possible), but it seems to me that's her goal. I don't think she's a serious enough person for the job, but I think it's what she's eying right now.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Natasha said:

I believe Megan's sudden departure had everything to do with Whoopi. I don't believe for a second Whoopi had back problems same as her back problems when her and Rosie had a dust-up followed by Rosie's abrupt departure.

Whoopi's sciatica flared-up following Meghan and Whoopi's verbal brawl. I believe Whoopi's time off air was used as a bargaining chip to remove Meghan. I'm sure production was told, "It's either her or me!"

I'd love if that was true! Whoopi helped her get hired and she helped her get fired!

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Natasha said:

I believe Megan's sudden departure had everything to do with Whoopi. I don't believe for a second Whoopi had back problems same as her back problems when her and Rosie had a dust-up followed by Rosie's abrupt departure.

Whoopi's sciatica flared-up following Meghan and Whoopi's verbal brawl. I believe Whoopi's time off air was used as a bargaining chip to remove Meghan. I'm sure production was told, "It's either her or me!"

Whoopi talked about her sciatica for a day or two before she was out. I don't think that was fake.

I also don't think she's quite the machiavellian character people make her out to be. Sure, she's the biggest name on the show. Sure, she has some pull, but I don't think she's engineering the show to her liking. 

Also, as someone who has had problems with sciatica and other back problems, I will add that life tensions exacerbate the issue.

• Useful 5
  • Love 6

The mood is certainly lighter today than it's been in ages.  I keep watching Ana's Instagram to see her reaction.  She might be too drunk with happiness to react right now, though.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

I will say this: I do think it sucks that she won’t get to say goodbye to the others in person. 

I'm sure that if she and the other hosts want to have a little get together to say goodbye in person, they can do that.  Personally I'm glad they're not in the studio for this.  if they were then there'd be a cake and a whole bunch of meaningless talk and hoopla about her leaving.  This way it was clean and quicker.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'd love if that was true! Whoopi helped her get hired and she helped her get fired!

I do think Whoopi's patience with Meghan had worn thin.  I don't know if Whoopi has enough pull to tell ABC get rid of her but I can see Whoopi not going to bat for Meghan.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

I do think Whoopi's patience with Meghan had worn thin.  I don't know if Whoopi has enough pull to tell ABC get rid of her but I can see Whoopi not going to bat for Meghan.

Yeah, I think it's more along these lines. 

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, tableau vivant said:

PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT WHOOPI CLOSED WITH -  she said MeAgain can 'take on anything' once she leaves here. I truly believe she's hinting to MeAgain's near future in politics. Just my opinion, without going off topic. 

OH yes, I believe that Meghan dreams of her and Ben being the new DC power couple.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4
(edited)
35 minutes ago, General Days said:

I also don't think she's quite the machiavellian character people make her out to be. Sure, she's the biggest name on the show. Sure, she has some pull, but I don't think she's engineering the show to her liking. 

We'll agree to disagree. As an EGOT winner and powerful revered Black women, I believe she is quite influential in the production of The View and has been since Barbara's departure. Not to mention she doesn't take well to being challenged.

Edited by Natasha
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, tinkerbell said:

OH yes, I believe that Meghan dreams of her and Ben being the new DC power couple.

Where they belong is on Real Housewives of (is it DC? The Potomac? Is there even a Washington DC based version of the franchise anymore?).

Actually, I think Meghan would be happier doing that. I think she's a shallow person, and if she cast off the weight of her father's political legacy, and followed her own interests (reality TV and trips to Vegas), she'd probably be more pleasant.

• Love 13
51 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Yes, she IS a pain in the ass

She can be a pain in the ass, but so can all of them. It is important for a show like this to have an opposing view. It’s pretty boring watching a show where everyone just agrees with each other and pats each other on the back. Even Ana, the supposed Republican always agrees with the others. The View is supposed to be a show with a diversity of viewpoints. That will be absent once Meghan leaves.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Yes she wants to be like Jarvanka but welcomed into polite society. What would their name be?  Megen or Benghan?

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Whoopi's sciatica flared-up following Meghan and Whoopi's verbal brawl I be.lieve Whoopi's time off air was used as a bargaining chip to remove Meghan. I'm sure production was told, "It's either her or me!"

Yep- exactly what I posted on Meghan's thread. 

And I'm not saying that Whoopi was "faking"  sciatica.  Just that, with certain ailments, there are times when you CAN power through and work for an hour, or choose not to.  We have all seen, in the past several weeks, WHoopi getting frustrated with Meghan - not for her political views, but for her snotty, dismissive attitude.  And it came to a head when she INTERRUPTED Whoopi and refused to STFU.  

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Natasha said:

Will agree to disagree. As an EGOT winner and powerful revered Black women, I believe she is quite influential in the production of The View and has been since Barbara's departure. Not to mention she doesn't take well to being challenged.

Yeah... She had a hand in both Paula's and Jedidiah's exits.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, darwin416 said:

She can be a pain in the ass, but so can all of them. It is important for a show like this to have an opposing view. It’s pretty boring watching a show where everyone just agrees with each other and pats each other on the back. Even Ana, the supposed Republican always agrees with the others. The View is supposed to be a show with a diversity of viewpoints. That will be absent once Meghan leaves.

Sure, of course!  I was just directly quoting her from the show as I was watching it.  She said it, not me.  Although I do absolutely agree with her 100%. 

I am confused about Meghan talking about misogyny in regards to The View.  This show has been on a long time, has won awards, but she thinks if it were staffed by men it would win a PULLITZER?   A PULLITZER?  I am not aware of any Pullitzer category for TV talk shows.  

I've been watching competitive shows for singers, cooks, bakers, etc.  And one thing I've noticed is, that when being eliminated, the contestants do a version of "I'm incredibly grateful for having this opportunity, thank you to everybody, and I wish you all luck in the future."   That's the speech Meghan gave after being "voted off"  The View. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Can you imagine losing Whoopi in the current political climate?  While Meghan has been rude not only to her fellow co-hosts, but with guests whom she disagrees with. I believe her attacking Whoopi was the final straw. If not, she could've waited to announce her departure August during the hiatus. 

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Paula has denied that (and while it's not uncommon for people to lie to smooth over tensions, I believe this particular denial). https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/entertainment/a32241088/the-view-whoopi-goldberg-paula-faris-feud-rumors/

I thought Jed just got ditched because the show could get Meghan, who had better name recognition, and whose father was going to die while she was on the show, meaning ABC could exploit Senator McCain's illness and passing for ratings.

7 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Maybe tomorrow Whoopi will pull what Barbara Walters did after Star resigned.

I wasn't watching, then. What did Barbara do? (Keep in mind Meghan is on the air for another month. Didn't Star exit immediately?)

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

It is kind of strange that Megs didn't wait until the end of the season to announce her departure so I'm thinking her hand was forced and she's not planning on being there much.  Bless her heart.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, General Days said:

I said over a year ago she will want to run for public office.  But as @Cozytea said she is not well liked by either side.  Now she could pick a safe district but she has had almost four years worth of on air antics for any opponent to lob at her.  Her last name will only get her so far.

This would be interesting but Meggy is waaayyyy too thin skinned for political office. Maybe President of the "Real Housewives Fan Club" is more her speed? 

• LOL 10
  • Love 8

I am confused about Meghan talking about misogyny in regards to The View.  This show has been on a long time, has won awards, but she thinks if it were staffed by men it would win a PULLITZER?   A PULLITZER?  I am not aware of any Pullitzer category for TV talk shows. 

I take this as an unintentional confirmation that their lack of awards nominations for the first time played a role in this.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
55 minutes ago, darwin416 said:

It will be different but I don't think it will be absent.   On the days when MM isn't there and Ana subs they do have pretty diverse conversations.  And they are actual conversations and not just a series of pre-planned speeches.  Without MM and without the Trump stories, I do think Ana will share her conservative perspectives more often.   Ana is not really a social conservative though, and fiscal conservative issues don't make Hot Topics that often.   

Original recipe View panels always had a younger/early career voice.   So my guess is that they will try to find a younger socially conservative voice, with a more pleasant personality than MM.   

• Love 10

@GiveMeSpace: I love that your post is the top one here the week she announces she's leaving. It's perfect. <333

I'm still in shock to a degree. We're gonna finally have The View back! Sunny and Joy can finally unleash without restraining themselves. They can actually have organic discussions again! Even if they bring on another Foxbot or Elisabeth returns, there's no direction the show could go but up. Just two months. So excited!

• Love 11
(edited)

When the opener stated “ an announcement that will change the View’s history” I thought  ‘oh no, Joy is retiring 😳.’  But this is so great and I don’t see it as much as history changing as pulling off a hot sweaty too tight girdle you’ve had to wear all day.  Note she did not mention Ana.  At least so far, I’m only 10 minutes in.

yea!  💥💫💐🤳💃🏼🍾🍾🥂

Edited by Lifesabeach
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
(edited)

It probably just comes down to Meghan figuring out how much time, machinery and physical labor it would take to dig out from under the Beltway to move and decided to stay put in almost/not quite/actually about 20 miles from DC. 

Edited by Axie
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

“Because that’s where I am at”. Oh Joy.  And you are a former teacher 👎🏼

This is a big pet peeve of mine, adding the redundant at at the end of a sentence.  Nails on a blackboard.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Goodtimes said:

This would be interesting but Meggy is waaayyyy too thin skinned for political office.

Exactly my thought. Can't you just see her screaming at her own constituents? 😳

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Wow! I am still processing the whole announcement by MM.  I actually tuned in about 10 minutes after the show began.  It seemed as if MM had already been talking for a while.  
When she said something about a newborn, I thought, "She's pregnant again?"  After a bit I realized that she was talking about her daughter!  Isn't she like 9/10 months old?  I don't think that is considered newborn or am I wrong?

Her speech was gracious.  The other hosts graciously said (lied) how she is not a snowflake (I'm surprised Joy's nose did not grow), an asset to the show, etc.  

And I don't care why she is leaving, the important thing is that she is leaving. 

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

It's the whole "I brought you into this world, I can take you out!"

...and a Cheer was heard throughout the land!  YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESY

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, Kenz said:

I can finally return to watching the View! The exit of Meghan McCain is the best news I've heard today. 

Yes, I might start  watching on the regular this fall. Not before.  July will be her farewell tour everyday and as someone else mentioned guests slobbering over her and everything she brought to The View 🤮, no thank you. I'm not here for that. I will tune in for Friday's episode and or a guest I like.  If something interesting happens, might watch.

Our show will return this fall yay!

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Axie said:

It is kind of strange that Megs didn't wait until the end of the season to announce her departure so I'm thinking her hand was forced and she's not planning on being there much.  Bless her heart.

They probably did it today before it was leaked out. Likely been the works for a while!!

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

...and a Cheer was heard throughout the land!  YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESY

Ironically, that's a Cosby reference on today of all days.

12 minutes ago, Rightside said:

They probably did it today before it was leaked out. Likely been the works for a while!!

Who else thinks she will be gone for good tomorrow?  Especially since she was invited to leave.

2 hours ago, Goodtimes said:

This would be interesting but Meggy is waaayyyy too thin skinned for political office. Maybe President of the "Real Housewives Fan Club" is more her speed? 

And we know that's really what she qualified  to do. She can claim being in politics her whole life, but she's just an opinionated heiress  that loves taking selfies. 

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Who else thinks she will be gone for good tomorrow?  Especially since she was invited to leave.

Nah, she'll be around until the end of the season.