Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 6/28/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Monday, June 28 – Andy Richter (Series finale, “Conan”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, June 29 – The Political View with NYC mayoral candidate and Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams; Once homeless, track-stars, the Sheppard sisters, make a return visit to “The View” (“Sisters on Track”)

Wednesday, June 30 – Marilyn Manson accuser Ashley Morgan Smithline joined by attorney Jay Ellwanger

Thursday, July 1 – Brian Kelly (“The Points Guy”)

Friday, July 2 –(OAD: 5/19/2021)-John Stamos (“Big Shot”); Dorothy A. Brown (Author, “The Whiteness of Wealth”)

Edited by falltime
Added original air date for Friday
  • Love 1

Oh, great ! John Stamos makes another appearance on the show. It's been what...at least a month since he was on last ? Can't wait to catchy up on his life with him (sigh). 

Yeah...this is a week to to (maybe) watch the Hot Topics and then hit delete from the DVR. (But I will stay tuned for VYD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) 

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

Oh, great ! John Stamos makes another appearance on the show. It's been what...at least a month since he was on last ? Can't wait to catchy up on his life with him (sigh). 

Yeah...this is a week to to (maybe) watch the Hot Topics and then hit delete from the DVR. (But I will stay tuned for VYD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) 

I think Friday is a repeat. The author was on previously so I think this is that episode.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

31 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

I think Friday is a repeat. The author was on previously so I think this is that episode.

Not surprising, since it’s a holiday weekend.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, falltime said:

Wednesday, June 30 – Marilyn Manson accuser Ashley Morgan Smithline joined by attorney Jay Ellwanger

I am interested in these guests. Marilyn Manson always scared me, even way back when I was a young teen. I applaud all these women for speaking out.

• Love 3
(edited)
21 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

I don't think its another visit by Stamos, i think its a rerun of his original air date.  

Sorry for the reply.  Didn't read the other 1500 replies first. 

Edited by ForumLou
Correction
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

I’m a little concerned about Whoopie because when she had life threatening pneumonia they played it down until they couldn’t anymore.  I’ve known plenty of people with sciatica who had no choice but to work through it in their workplaces.  Whoopie  only has to work from her own home for an hour.  It’s beginning not to make much sense.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

I suppose sciatica can become really bad sometimes. Especially where she's been on The View for a decade, and they've always had very awkward chairs to sit in on this show when they're in the studio. They always seemed to struggle to sit down without falling half the time.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

Where is everyone? 😉😂

I had to laugh at Joy thinking that Mumford & Son(s) sounds like a moving company. 

Holy shoulder pads, Meghan!! 😳😳😳😳😳

I know! on all of this. As I sit here in this dreadful Pacific Northwest heat dome, I started to think maybe all the posters here had departed for their summers in the Hamptons. I see Meg was channeling Ivanka with her hair today. The choice to have the straightest, flattest hair coupled with the Huge shoulder pads was well .... a choice. In the eighties with the big hair, the big shoulder pads worked. They were not made to go with flat hairstyles.   I am also the person who admitted to wearing Crocs so maybe nobody really cares about my opinion on fashion and style.

I watched the show up until the Andy Richter interview where he mentioned his Wheel of Fortune gag, I decided to mute and watch that on Youtube instead. It was so much better than the show. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I’m a little concerned about Whoopie because when she had life threatening pneumonia they played it down until they couldn’t anymore.  I’ve known plenty of people with sciatica who had no choice but to work through it in their workplaces.  Whoopie  only has to work from her own home for an hour.  It’s beginning not to make much sense.

It depends.  I’ve had it and could function.  My husband had it and literally could not stand up straight or sit. When we went to the ER he had to basically lie down and then couldn’t walk.  So if it’s severe, she likely can’t sit for an hour or two.  He was miserable for a few weeks even with the drugs.  

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

I didn’t realize until today that you can own talking points???  (Princess statement) How does that even work? 

She is also the person who thinks political parties own issues. She sees everything in black and white. If you are A then you can't believe in X. Her world view is very narrow.

• Love 16
47 minutes ago, geekburger said:

There is nothing dynamic or exciting about this show right now. Awkward silences and all.

They need to get back into the studio, even if they don't have a full audience.

They each read their part. Sunny is better than the others but Sara sounds like a news anchor. It isn't a conversation because they all seem to know what each other is going to say.

• Love 14
(edited)
3 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I see Meg was channeling Ivanka with her hair today.

That was my first thought as well.  Super straight hair, parted in the center, partially hiding her face.  It was a very Ivanka style. 

Sunny seems to have some weird combination of contouring makeup and lighting that looks very unnatural.  

I love how Joy doesn't seem to care about Meghan's view on ANYTHING.  she goes around, asks everyone, lets Meghan do her rapidrun-onsentencesthatdontmakesense,  and Joy says "OK"  and moves on.  

Edited by tinkerbell
  • LOL 8
  • Love 11
19 minutes ago, Rightside said:

They need to get back into the studio, even if they don't have a full audience.

They each read their part. Sunny is better than the others but Sara sounds like a news anchor. It isn't a conversation because they all seem to know what each other is going to say.

Yea, you miss all the light moments that happen in studio, in person.  I agree about Sara, but i also give her credit for seeming  be alive, she laughs, she moves, she's very personable and cheerful. She bounces off the screen trying to escape DullsView.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

It depends.  I’ve had it and could function.  My husband had it and literally could not stand up straight or sit. When we went to the ER he had to basically lie down and then couldn’t walk.  So if it’s severe, she likely can’t sit for an hour or two.  He was miserable for a few weeks even with the drugs.  

Im more on the severe side as well. When i have an attack i can barely move, cant sit, cant lay down to sleep. Its just miserable.  I repeat what i said about the jet.  Find one Whoop!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

She is also the person who thinks political parties own issues. She sees everything in black and white. If you are A then you can't believe in X. Her world view is very narrow.

I've never seen anyone on TV as narrow-minded as she is. Good grief.

• Love 10

I enjoyed today's episode. All topics I enjoyed or found interesting: Surfside collapse 🙏, Mumford and Sons, Courtney Love vs Olivia Rodrigo, Andy Richter.

I liked what Sara said about Mumford and Sons and agree with her wholeheartedly.

I thought it was interesting that Sunny point-blank disagreed with Sara on 2 different topics.

• Love 4

What a dull, boring show - and that was just the first twenty minutes ! I delted it from my DVR right after the luke-warm topics. 

I knew they were going to start with the building collapse, because they kicked off the show with the 'solemn music', not the 'World's gone crazy!' (which is actually more appropriate for when a building collapses like that). 

Then we move on to 'Mumford and Sons' and 'Courtney Love' ? Please - leave that for 'The Talk'. Stick to more relevant, interesting topics like we're used to listening to on the show. As I said last week, this show needs an extended vacation. They're just treading in dull waters these days. 

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, tableau vivant said:

Then we move on to 'Mumford and Sons' and 'Courtney Love' ? Please - leave that for 'The Talk'. Stick to more relevant, interesting topics like we're used to listening to on the show. As I said last week, this show needs an extended vacation. They're just treading in dull waters these days. 

I don't mind them taking on fewer serious political topics.  Meghan seems to be able to discuss pop culture and milder political topics, i.e. Mumford, in a reasonable tone and without insulting her co-hosts.  It's refreshing to see her not go batshit crazy.   

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

I don't mind them taking on fewer serious political topics.  Meghan seems to be able to discuss pop culture and milder political topics, i.e. Mumford, in a reasonable tone and without insulting her co-hosts.  It's refreshing to see her not go batshit crazy.   

I'm sure that side of her personality will make an appearance before long.  😄  She can't help herself. 

• Love 1

Finally watched the show this morning.  Meghan comparing people using someone else's creative content and presenting it as their own to someone "stealing her talking points" has to be one of the dumber things she has said.  First of all talking points are just opinions and your take on something. Second of all Meghan's talking points are never original so one could say she is stealing those talking points from someone else. And third who in their right mind would want to repeat anything Meghan says?

Regarding the Mumford and Sons discussion.  People in the public eye have the right to make their political beliefs public if they so choose. I defended the Chicks when they received backlash.  I would never say to anyone shut up and sing.  With that being said you also have to be prepared to deal with any negative attention coming your way from people who don't agree with your beliefs.  

I was only vaguely aware of Ngo so I looked him up after Sunny explained who he was.  That Mumford and Sons guy could have picked a better guy to admire.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, ifionlyknew said:

Finally watched the show this morning.  Meghan comparing people using someone else's creative content and presenting it as their own to someone "stealing her talking points" has to be one of the dumber things she has said.  First of all talking points are just opinions and your take on something. Second of all Meghan's talking points are never original so one could say she is stealing those talking points from someone else. And third who in their right mind would want to repeat anything Meghan says?

I agree. Most of the time, Meghan's "talking points" start off with something from right wing media and then she goes off on an irrelevant tangent.  Nobody wants to steal that!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7

People steal from the best, not the worst--and being hated even by your own side means you're doing it wrong. Who even remembers McCain's talking points anyway? It's always her bad behavior that makes the news, not any particular thing she says. So unless there's a political Real Housewives show out there with only conservative castmembers, I'm not sure who would get any mileage out of copying her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Sorry, Meg, Crenshaw may be a decorated hero but he can still be a hypocrite.  Man, she gets so worked up with her flag waving. If you are willing to die for this why don’t you do something more useful than sitting on your butt on a talk show?  The flag also represents a country where a person can turn her back on the anthem.  And go wash your hair. 

May I add: if you love the flag so much, why don’t you marry it?!

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • LOL 15
  • Love 5
Just now, TheGreenKnight said:

I'm surprised McCain didn't pull out an American flag and start making out with it with the way she was going on.

As worked up as she got, you would've thought someone slapped her favorite Nana.  I was so happy that no one engaged with her. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I just got comfortable ditching the mask and I immediately caught a cold. I’m going back to wearing a mask. 

Only cold I've gotten since March 2020 was when I briefly saw my grandchildren at Christmas and made the mistake of taking off my mask.  i'd forgotten how germy little children can be!

8 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Man, she gets so worked up with her flag waving. If you are willing to die for this why don’t you do something more useful than sitting on your butt on a talk show?  

Does she ever talk about why she didn't go into the military, the National Guard, the Coast Guard?  Anything that actually would put her money where her mouth is?

• Love 14
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Sorry, Meg, Crenshaw may be a decorated hero but he can still be a hypocrite.  Man, she gets so worked up with her flag waving. If you are willing to die for this why don’t you do something more useful than sitting on your butt on a talk show?  The flag also represents a country where a person can turn her back on the anthem.  And go wash your hair. 

Crenshaw thinks that black athletes protesting are not reacting to RACISM, but to being TOLD that racism exists.

Sunny is correct, but also needed to emphasize that the insurrectionists were carrying American flags while they stormed the Capitol. So much for respecting the flag.

Meghan says she will DIE defending the flag.  So, WHY has she not enlisted in the military?

@WinnieWinkle great minds post alike!

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 20
3 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

I was so happy that no one engaged with her. 

Same. I think the other ladies have worked out the strategy to not engage with her anymore and let everyone see how she looks.

I’ve felt like the flag has been used by people like MeAgain to again divide and provide some sense of superiority over those who don’t “belong” as an American. Your ancestors may have been here as long as hers, but you don’t clutch the flag? You’re definitely not as American as her! 

• Love 19
(edited)
25 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Sunny is correct, but also needed to emphasize that the insurrectionists were carrying American flags while they stormed the Capitol. So much for respecting the flag.

Some of the insurrectionists used American flags/flagpoles to assault Capitol Police.  They literally used our flag as weapons.

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 7
(edited)

Well, while I did have "MyFather" and "Crenshaw the Military Hero" on my Meghan Blather Bingo Card, I did not have "You Shouldn't Protest America's Inequalities Because Putin." So . . . less predictable than I thought. Well played, ladies.

I had to gigglesnort when Whoopi was cracking up over Sara's wedding vow comment and accidentally called Sara Meghan. Meghan, in the teeniest voice ever, couldn't stop herself from correcting Whoopi.

Loved the Sheppard sisters segment. While I don't want The View to become Tamron Hall, I'd like to see the ladies talking to real people more, not just celebrities and politicians or each other.

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 9