Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 6/28/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

(edited)

She is gone!  Thank goodness! I was skeptical when the rumors were flying that she was going to quit.  So I prepared myself to be disappointed and as soon as Whoopie gave her the floor to speak, I knew that she was quitting.  I changed the channel when the ladies started to kiss her ass. 

Did you guys see that clip of Joy's expression making the rounds on social media after Nutmeg said that she was going to be there for one more month to fight with them. It is absolutely hilarious, Joy really does not give a damn about her.  This is why I love Joy and I don't care what the right has to say about her.

Edited by Pearson80
  • LOL 9
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

In the midst of her lengthy departure announcement, did she say that the other four co-hosts are the smartest on all on TV?

I think so. I can't bear listen to her again, but you can watch below. She went on and on as you can imagine, but she was very complimentary of her co-hosts and Brian Teta.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Natasha said:

We'll agree to disagree. As an EGOT winner and powerful revered Black women, I believe she is quite influential in the production of The View and has been since Barbara's departure. Not to mention she doesn't take well to being challenged.

With regard to Whoopi having a hand in ousting Rosie, yes, absolutely. When she saw what a great job Rosie was doing as a moderator. And Whoopi actually was in the hospital.  She even checked in while there (that's how scared she got). Unless you're saying that was faked too? Honest question.

3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I've been watching competitive shows for singers, cooks, bakers, etc.  And one thing I've noticed is, that when being eliminated, the contestants do a version of "I'm incredibly grateful for having this opportunity, thank you to everybody, and I wish you all luck in the future."   That's the speech Meghan gave after being "voted off"  The View. 

Elisabeth did the same thing on her last day. And sucked up to Barbara with the journalism remarks.

But HALLELUJAH!!!! AND DING DONG,  The WITCH IS [will be] GONE!

I know someone here said this day would never happen because...ratings. HAH!

• Love 12
5 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

However, what was missing from the talk was Phylicia Rashad, who they fawn all over whenever she's a guest on the show, and her publicly standing by Cosby yesterday, PRAISING HIS PRISON RELEASE. She's been trending for what she has said - and not in a good way at all. 

Why aren't the ladies of the show not mentioning her and her controversial remarks ? l

Morpheus Teta probably didn't want to take the spotlight off MeAgain.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

I believe she's gone as of today.  She has nothing to gain by staying.

Do you think she was lying today, when she said she'd remain through July, or did you miss when she said she would remain through July?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Did you guys see that clip of Joy's expression making the rounds on social media after Nutmeg said that she was going to be there for one more month to fight with them. It is absolutely hilarious, Joy really does not give a damn about her.  This is why I love Joy and I don't care what the right has to say about her.

I missed that; I'm surprised nobody has posted a .gif of it here. McCain was talking so much and I usually walk out of the room so I don't have to look at her. Not even the happiness of today could make me watch her speak for 10 minutes straight.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Natasha said:

Can you imagine losing Whoopi in the current political climate?  While Meghan has been rude not only to her fellow co-hosts, but with guests whom she disagrees with. I believe her attacking Whoopi was the final straw. If not, she could've waited to announce her departure August during the hiatus. 

What MeAgain did is pretty standard - she gave viewers a month's notice of her departure. Why would she want to wait until August - when they were on hiatus - to say she's leaving ? What she did was 100% correct - and she will be here another month. 

No way did ABC give her the boot - not with ratings at an all-time high the past few seasons with her on the show (and she mentioned their ratings in her good-bye speech, referring to the show as being #1).

As I said before, and both Whoopi and Joy alluded to in their comments without giving it away - I believe she has her eye on a political future, maybe as early as '22. After 4 seasons on this show, she got all she needed to get out of it: PUBLICITY, whether it's good or bad. She has become a 'name' in the conservative party by her being on this show, she has shared her political beliefs for four years. Best campaign strategy she could have ever planned, and now it's time for her to move on to bigger and better things. When Joy compliments her on the arguments they had over four years, and says "You're not a snowflake" - that's a warning to those candidates she will be debating in years to come.

She's not going to fade into the shadows, that's for certain. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, tableau vivant said:

What MeAgain did is pretty standard - she gave viewers a month's notice of her departure. Why would she want to wait until August - when they were on hiatus - to say she's leaving ? What she did was 100% correct - and she will be here another month. 

No way did ABC give her the boot - not with ratings at an all-time high the past few seasons with her on the show (and she mentioned their ratings in her good-bye speech, referring to the show as being #1).

As I said before, and both Whoopi and Joy alluded to in their comments without giving it away - I believe she has her eye on a political future, maybe as early as '22. After 4 seasons on this show, she got all she needed to get out of it: PUBLICITY, whether it's good or bad. She has become a 'name' in the conservative party by her being on this show, she has shared her political beliefs for four years. Best campaign strategy she could have ever planned, and now it's time for her to move on to bigger and better things. When Joy compliments her on the arguments they had over four years, and says "You're not a snowflake" - that's a warning to those candidates she will be debating in years to come.

As long as she's off my screen, I'm good.

• LOL 4
  • Love 15
(edited)

Just my opinion, but I don't think there's any way McCain makes it in Arizona's politics. Maybe in 10 years after people forget her stint on The View for one, but what will be needed more than that is for the previous administration to be a distant memory among her party’s voters. Right now, she’s hated by liberals, no surprise, but also by most conservatives because they’ve been trained to hate her family. She’ll find another job somewhere on the various conservative networks no doubt—although not a big job, since her surname is still hated among their audience as mentioned—or maybe simply as a contributor to The Federalist (gigglesnort).

Her *mother* on the other hand (frequent guest to The View), it’s possible she could’ve won in Arizona riding off of the McCain name, at least recently, perhaps not now. Meghan on the other hand, I don’t see it personally. But perhaps she could try to run in a different state than Arizona? Maybe a safe red state where it would be near impossible for a candidate from her party to lose, even when they're seen as an "outsider" to the state.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

They just came off of two disastrous seasons (2013-14; 2014-15) in which they were tumbling in the ratings.

While the 2014-15 season ended with bad ratings, it was highly-rated while Rosie O'Donnell was there. Her first episode back was the highest-rated episode of the show's history at the time. She left in March of 2015, and the ratings dropped significantly the weeks following, until Joy agreed to come back in the Fall. They've been re-gaining ever since.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Joy said Meghan was 'no Snowflake"(ha)

Well, in the virtual format we can't see the hosts' hands. What's the over/under that Joy's fingers were crossed at the time? 😉😂

• LOL 9
(edited)
54 minutes ago, tableau vivant said:

I mentioned this yesterday in the thread dedicated to MM but I wonder if she's as well known as she clearly thinks she is.  I mean if you don't watch The VIew how many people know who she is?  That's why I was surprised to see her suddenly showing up on my news feeds lately with her latest take on whatever current event was being covered.  Am I showing my Canadian viewpoint here? It's just when I mention her to just about everyone I know I get a blank look and a "who?".

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, WinnieWinkle said:

It's just when I mention her to just about everyone I know I get a blank look and a "who?".

That's what my dad said today when he heard about her imminent departure on our local news. It's not just a Canadian thing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, TheView said:

I must admit, I'll miss going after her in this thread once she goes. She's been the gift they kept on giving. 

Oh Im sure she'll be quite active online.  I know what you mean about gift though.  I have to totally rearrange my morning routine lol.  Pleasantly hee. Pack your bags Ana!

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, TheView said:

Let's keep dragging her next season even if she's not there. 

IF she's really getting into politics there would certainly be things to talk about, but sadly, I suspect it would be against the board rules!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I am confused about Meghan talking about misogyny in regards to The View.  This show has been on a long time, has won awards, but she thinks if it were staffed by men it would win a PULLITZER?   A PULLITZER?  I am not aware of any Pullitzer category for TV talk shows.  

I've been watching competitive shows for singers, cooks, bakers, etc.  And one thing I've noticed is, that when being eliminated, the contestants do a version of "I'm incredibly grateful for having this opportunity, thank you to everybody, and I wish you all luck in the future."   That's the speech Meghan gave after being "voted off"  The View. 

Give me a break, Meghan. If there was a show like this with men as the panelists, and they behaved like these ladies, the show would be heavily criticized as being misogynistic and full of male toxicity. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, General Days said:

I wasn't watching, then. What did Barbara do? (Keep in mind Meghan is on the air for another month. Didn't Star exit immediately?)

The day after Star announced she was leaving, Barbara made this statement on The View. I wasn't watching the show then either so I don't know the full context, but her statement is a masterclass in rich white lady shade:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3xqWt1AWQI&t=7s&ab_channel=NathanSchimpf

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Didn't Joy make a speech like this when she left...later on she said she had been fired by ABC..and played the game.  Hence why she ended up coming back later?

I think Meghan was let go..maybe because the other women didn't want to deal with her in person vs being remote.

Joy has admitted she didn't like Meghan..and it isn't because of her views.  She liked Bitsy, Candace, Paula, Jedediah, and Abby....difference was all of those women weren't horrid in personality.

• Love 11
46 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Didn't Joy make a speech like this when she left...later on she said she had been fired by ABC..and played the game.  Hence why she ended up coming back later?

I think Meghan was let go..maybe because the other women didn't want to deal with her in person vs being remote.

Joy has admitted she didn't like Meghan..and it isn't because of her views.  She liked Bitsy, Candace, Paula, Jedediah, and Abby....difference was all of those women weren't horrid in personality.

It says a lot that Joy doesn't get along with Meghan. I know a lot of the right sees Joy as this joyless angry woman, but she's really not when she's not worked up about politics. She's a people person. She loves to laugh. She's a good sport. She loves kids. She's a confident woman and not intimidated by anyone. She seems like she can get along with anyone except the Meghans of the world. 

• Love 17
(edited)
17 hours ago, Axie said:

It probably just comes down to Meghan figuring out how much time, machinery and physical labor it would take to dig out from under the Beltway to move and decided to stay put in almost/not quite/actually about 20 miles from DC. 

Exactly.

MM was saying it without admitting it: " ....friends, family, life in DC...." = convenience, easy.

The View is coming back to the studio in the fall - an ABC CORPORATE decision and she does not want to come back to New York. Like many, she has grown accustomed to the convenience to work from home. 

I have a close friend who is the HR manager for her company. She has predicted this as the company prepares to come back to the office and transition their employees. I predict lawsuits as the employees fight back to keep their Covid work- from- home working arrangements. 

Meghan had a cushy gig. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

While the 2014-15 season ended with bad ratings, it was highly-rated while Rosie O'Donnell was there. Her first episode back was the highest-rated episode of the show's history at the time. She left in March of 2015, and the ratings dropped significantly the weeks following, until Joy agreed to come back in the Fall. They've been re-gaining ever since.

The first week Rosie O was there in September 2014, the ratings shot up. By the end of September, the ratings started to slip drastically - as the curiosity factor wore off (and audiences weren't too happy with the 'passive' Rosie sitting on the stage).  By the time they went on their holiday break three months later, the ratings were tanking - and that's when rumors were flying another major overhaul was on it's way. Persistent rumors were that Rosie Perez was being fired from the show and not be returning (she had left for a few months to star in 'Big Fish' on Broadway), mixed with rumors that Whoopi was negotiating to leave at the end of January, too. Rosie O finally made her announcement that she was leaving in the second week of February.  By the end of the season the new panel from September 2014 was completely gone (Perez and Wallace were fired) and Goldberg was left standing. 

• Useful 1
14 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

The day after Star announced she was leaving, Barbara made this statement on The View. I wasn't watching the show then either so I don't know the full context, but her statement is a masterclass in rich white lady shade:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3xqWt1AWQI&t=7s&ab_channel=NathanSchimpf

Thank you. Without knowing too much about it (other than that Star sprung the announcement on them on the air -- not even leaking it beforehand like Nutmeg or the network did with yesterday's announcement), I kind of don't blame Barbara for anything she said (at least in that clip).

I found a clip of Star's announcement, but it's from the Opie & Anthony radio show, so I'll note their misogyny is all over it. You can see the shock on Barbara and Joy's faces, as they try to play along like this was planned.

From other things I've read, and watched, it seems Meghan let the producers know her plans, because reportedly the network tried to keep her, which surprises me (if true).

I was a little startled that today's show ended up being a rerun. I wondered for a moment if Meghan had acted up this morning, and they had to throw a rerun on the air at the last minute, until I remembered it's the start of the holiday weekend and was always planned to be rerun.

I missed this episode the first time (the show and I were on a break because of MM), so unless Meghan is too obnoxious to bear, I think I'll trudge through it, now.

• Love 1

They are off next week.

Monday, July 5 (ENCORE BROADCAST - OAD: 6/10/2021) – Republican Candidate for California Governor, Caitlyn Jenner; America Ferrera (Co-founder, Poderistas)

Tuesday, July 6 (ENCORE BROADCAST - OAD: 5/27/2021) – The Political View with Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY); Dennis Quaid (“Blue Miracle”; exclusive first look at “Reagan”)

Wednesday, July 7 (ENCORE BROADCAST - OAD: 6/3/2021) — Wanda Sykes & Kim Fields (“The Upshaws”)

Thursday, July 8 (ENCORE BROADCAST - OAD: 6/8/2021) — Neil deGrasse Tyson (Author, “Cosmic Queries”)

Friday, July 9 (OAD: 5/26/2021) — Regina Hall (“Black Monday”); Brain Tumor Awareness Month with the inspiring story of Molly Oldham from Akron, OH

• Love 3

I can't believe she's actually leaving, but happy that I can finally start watching The View again. I've been an on and off viewer since the beginning, and used to tape it every day on my VCR for years. Then Elisabeth finally drove me away after the Rosie split screen mess. I then skipped several years, returning when Rosie came back for the 2nd time, then left again when MM drove me away. In fact, the last show I watched was Sara's "last" day back in 2018.  

I've continued reading this forum off and on, and can't wait to be able to start posting again, once MM is gone.  So see y'all in September, or sooner if we're lucky and MM doesn't come back for the remainder of her contract.

• Love 7
On 7/1/2021 at 2:01 PM, General Days said:

I think so. I can't bear listen to her again, but you can watch below. She went on and on as you can imagine, but she was very complimentary of her co-hosts and Brian Teta.

I can't bear to watch it again either, but I read a quote in an article and she said they are the most talented women on all of television. Wow.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, buffynut said:

I can't believe she's actually leaving, but happy that I can finally start watching The View again. I've been an on and off viewer since the beginning, and used to tape it every day on my VCR for years. Then Elisabeth finally drove me away after the Rosie split screen mess. I then skipped several years, returning when Rosie came back for the 2nd time, then left again when MM drove me away. In fact, the last show I watched was Sara's "last" day back in 2018.  

I've continued reading this forum off and on, and can't wait to be able to start posting again, once MM is gone.  So see y'all in September, or sooner if we're lucky and MM doesn't come back for the remainder of her contract.

You're one of the first people I thought of yesterday when the news broke. It will be nice to have you back. I've mostly been on a break with The View, too. 

51 minutes ago, falltime said:

They are off next week.

Monday, July 5 (ENCORE BROADCAST - OAD: 6/10/2021) – Republican Candidate for California Governor, Caitlyn Jenner; America Ferrera (Co-founder, Poderistas)

Tuesday, July 6 (ENCORE BROADCAST - OAD: 5/27/2021) – The Political View with Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY); Dennis Quaid (“Blue Miracle”; exclusive first look at “Reagan”)

Wednesday, July 7 (ENCORE BROADCAST - OAD: 6/3/2021) — Wanda Sykes & Kim Fields (“The Upshaws”)

Thursday, July 8 (ENCORE BROADCAST - OAD: 6/8/2021) — Neil deGrasse Tyson (Author, “Cosmic Queries”)

Friday, July 9 (OAD: 5/26/2021) — Regina Hall (“Black Monday”); Brain Tumor Awareness Month with the inspiring story of Molly Oldham from Akron, OH

I always wonder if, instead of rerunning recent episodes, The View should pre-tape clip shows of "classic" segments. There'd probably be an issue with residuals, but the recent  reruns seem pretty pointless to me, particularly since so much of the conversation is driven by current events. 

• Love 6
On 7/1/2021 at 10:30 AM, tinkerbell said:

I am confused about Meghan talking about misogyny in regards to The View.  This show has been on a long time, has won awards, but she thinks if it were staffed by men it would win a PULLITZER?   A PULLITZER?  I am not aware of any Pullitzer category for TV talk shows.  

maybe she was thinking of the organs heee. Its a lovely parting gift.

She got that parting speech from RuPauls Drag Race.  Every single Queen says it at elimination. And we know she loves a Queen lol

But I'm more worried about Sara.  Forgot who said that, DL Hugley maybe, but that Sara's contract wouldn't be renewed also.  But Sara would play it like Joy did, acrimoniously. No antics.  But say it aint so.. just a jealous rumor started by the camp of Elsa.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, General Days said:

You're one of the first people I thought of yesterday when the news broke. It will be nice to have you back. I've mostly been on a break with The View, too. 

I'm not sure if I'll get back into watching every day, as it's been nice having that free hour every day, but still looking forward to being able to watch when I want to.  Just hope the new co-host will be likable, and not a monkey's paw sort of replacement.

• Love 3

According to WENDY WILLIAMS today Sara is leaving the show, too. 

She first covered MM's announcement that she's leaving the show (to a big round of applause from the audience which WW wasn't expecting), and claimed none of the other cohosts knew about this until yesterday morning.  She also believes MM wants to stay in DC with her family and not uproot back to NYC with a new baby. She didn't cast any doubt that this was MM's decision - not ABC's. 

She then said ABC will have two seats to fill, because Sara is also leaving the end of this season - which caught everyone by surprise, but she thought Sara already announced it. She assured everyone it's true - Sarah is going, too. (She also said Sara is 'easily replaceable'). 

1 hour ago, tableau vivant said:

According to WENDY WILLIAMS today Sara is leaving the show, too. 

She first covered MM's announcement that she's leaving the show (to a big round of applause from the audience which WW wasn't expecting), and claimed none of the other cohosts knew about this until yesterday morning.  She also believes MM wants to stay in DC with her family and not uproot back to NYC with a new baby. She didn't cast any doubt that this was MM's decision - not ABC's. 

She then said ABC will have two seats to fill, because Sara is also leaving the end of this season - which caught everyone by surprise, but she thought Sara already announced it. She assured everyone it's true - Sarah is going, too. (She also said Sara is 'easily replaceable'). 

I'm a Sara fan, but if she does leave, the good thing is there would be room for a progressive. For too long the show has been four conservative democrats plus Meghan. If they replace Meghan with an intelligent, polite conservative and Sara with a strong, smart progressive, the political parts of the show might actually become really interesting to watch. I love a good debate among women with different ideology so long as it's respectful. 

• Love 7

I understand the need for a Progressive at the table...but most seem to go by emotion and not facts...like Meghan.

Sara leaving is sad because moderates are even more under represented then progressives.

So with Meghan leaving, now Sunny is #1 on my co host I most dislike list.

7 hours ago, falltime said:

They are off next week.

The ladies are so lucky! Now only three weeks left to deal with princess instead of four!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

So...if those two do both go it will leave Whoopi, Joy and Sunny. Its like a trinity, or a triad.  The Godmothers!  Hah.  I have this image of Whoopi on her throne, scepter in hand, crown on her head. Courts on either side of her.  Very G0T lol. Who knows, maybe they can use it for vetting out applicants

On 7/2/2021 at 7:33 PM, RealHousewife said:

I'm a Sara fan, but if she does leave, the good thing is there would be room for a progressive. For too long the show has been four conservative democrats plus Meghan. . 

You consider Joy Behar a 'conservative democrat' ? Joy couldn't be a more progressive liberal (as she has said time and time again), as there is nothing conservative in her views.  Whoopi is the same, though as moderator she does try to be a bit gentler in her opinions (whereas Joy lets it all out - especially countering MeAgain).

Sunny is a conservative liberal, and as she has said in the past - it's her devotion to  Catholicism which has made her side with conservatism on different Democratic policies.  

Sara - I can't tell. I honestly don't know whether she knows if she's conservative or liberal at this point, since all her talking points are not organic, but written and rehearsed for her. 

They do need two conservative voices on the panel. Maybe SE Cupp for one seat?  

If they go with another liberal, the one person I'd love to see take the seat is Chelsea Clinton. She has proven - as a guest on the show - she is poised, smart, and interesting. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/1/2021 at 4:13 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I know someone here said this day would never happen because...ratings. HAH!

That was me - and what I correctly said was 'ABC would never fire Meghan because of ratings'.

And they didn't. She has decided to leave on her own - she was not fired from the show. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marcberman1/2021/07/01/meghan-mccain-announces-exit-from-abcs-the-view/?sh=16babb5024c9

HAH! HAH!

Edited by tableau vivant
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, tableau vivant said:

If they go with another liberal, the one person I'd love to see take the seat is Chelsea Clinton. She has proven - as a guest on the show - she is poised, smart, and interesting. 

And even though she comes from a political family she does not have to remind you of it in every conversation!

57 minutes ago, tableau vivant said:

And they didn't. She has decided to leave on her own - she was not fired from the show. 

I don't think she was fired but I do think she was very much encouraged to leave.

• Love 10
(edited)
3 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

You consider Joy Behar a 'conservative democrat' ? Joy couldn't be a more progressive liberal (as she has said time and time again), as there is nothing conservative in her views.  Whoopi is the same, though as moderator she does try to be a bit gentler in her opinions (whereas Joy lets it all out - especially countering MeAgain).

Sunny is a conservative liberal, and as she has said in the past - it's her devotion to  Catholicism which has made her side with conservatism on different Democratic policies.  

Sara - I can't tell. I honestly don't know whether she knows if she's conservative or liberal at this point, since all her talking points are not organic, but written and rehearsed for her. 

They do need two conservative voices on the panel. Maybe SE Cupp for one seat?  

Joy may be the most liberal View host, but based on different things she's said on the show, I don't consider her the most progressive person. Not sure if I can go into detail without breaking board rules so I'll just leave it at that.. :)

Chelsea is definitely night and day from Meghan. What's awesome about Chelsea is unlike the "Princess of Arizona," she was actually First Daughter for eight years, has an infinitely more famous father, and is able to have MyFather-less conversations. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 9

Almost all of the co-hosts say their departure is their own choice. I think the only people who've really left on their own were Rosie O'Donnell, Meredith Vieira, Abby Huntsman, Candace, and maybe Lisa Ling? Even Barbara's retirement felt like ABC had played a hand in putting her out to pasture. ABC always lets them bow out gracefully with whatever story they want to go with.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

And even though she comes from a political family she does not have to remind you of it in every conversation!

I don't think she was fired but I do think she was very much encouraged to leave.

According to FORBES, ABC tried  to keep her where she is, at least for the remainder of her contract (another two years). Maybe she was 'encouraged' but it certainly wasn't from the network. 

"We have tried to keep her, but she is adamant that now is the right time for her to leave," an ABC source reportedly told the Daily Mail. 

ABC reportedly tried desperately to keep McCain onboard, who still has two years left on her contract. But it to no avail.

“They even offered a contributor role on ABC News, which she tuned down,” said a source reported on by The Daily Mail. “She’s just had enough. She doesn’t need it anymore — she really doesn’t need it.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2021/07/01/meghan-mccain-announces-she-is-leaving-the-view-after-four-years/?sh=6c65b7394c5e

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marcberman1/2021/07/01/meghan-mccain-announces-exit-from-abcs-the-view/

Not only did they want her to stay, they even offered her to contribute to ABC News in addition to her hosting duties. She refused. Doesn't sound like she was being encouraged to leave by the top brass at ABC - and that's all that matters is who the top brass at ABC wants on their network. 

By the way, the show averaged just under 3 M viewers in the first quarter of 2021. That's a huge number for a daytime TV talk show. In contrast, CBS' "The Talk" wasn't even hitting a million viewers. 

7 minutes ago, tableau vivant said:

Not only did they want her to stay, they even offered her to contribute to ABC News in addition to her hosting duties. She refused.

If this is true I've just lost all respect for ABC.  

• Love 10