Type keyword(s) to search

Jed! and Katey: Biblically Bunking Together

Message added by Scarlett45

I know Jed ran for office, it is not allowed for discussion here due to our Politics Policy. (The show is Cancelled)

Please do not discuss his campaign OR anyone else's. Unauthorized discussion of Jed's political campaign will result in warnings. Please PM the mods, @Scarlett45 and @deaja if you have questions. 

• Start Topic

I don't know, Katie and Josie were a bit like Joy - the forgotten sisters. Other than missing Josie, I think Katie will do fine. I think she's into the wealthy lifestyle of her fiancé's family too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

How long they are married? No pregnancy announcement yet?

I mean, they only announced their wedding when it leaked. Maybe they'll announce a birth early next year instead of a pregnancy.

Personally I thought Katey looked like she could have been pregnant in her recent appearance with Carlin Bates... but it also could have been the dress she was wearing. Jed looked waaaaay more pregnant than she did. Now that would be an interesting announcement! 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

What’s up with all the newlywed husbands gaining weight??? Finally have access to food?

And the men are allowed to blimp out, unlike the women, who are expected to stay on the skinny side of slim, or risk dear hubby straying and sinning.  What a bunch of bullshit!

Just look at JillR's "hunk" aka gut with ears!  😜

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Personally I thought Katey looked like she could have been pregnant in her recent appearance with Carlin Bates... but it also could have been the dress she was wearing.

Just about every frock the Bates girls sell is "maternity-friendly".

• LOL 9
16 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I mean, they only announced their wedding when it leaked. Maybe they'll announce a birth early next year instead of a pregnancy.

Personally I thought Katey looked like she could have been pregnant in her recent appearance with Carlin Bates... but it also could have been the dress she was wearing. Jed looked waaaaay more pregnant than she did. Now that would be an interesting announcement! 

Until we see a picture of Katey cupping her pregnant belly, no matter how big or small  it is, she isn’t pregnant.

• LOL 16
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Until we see a picture of Katey cupping her pregnant belly, no matter how big or small  it is, she isn’t pregnant.

Or a picture of her cupping her bump with a trail of kids walking behind them

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 8/18/2021 at 11:09 PM, iwantcookies said:

What’s up with all the newlywed husbands gaining weight??? Finally have access to food?

Yep, just like Smuggar did. Smuggar never lost his; let's hope the other J'boys do. 

That is an extremely awkward looking kiss to me. I am sure that if I was photographed kissing my husband, it would look equally as awkward. Which is why, we don't do any such pictures.  I think they could have found another "pose" for this announcement.  However,  like others have stated,  this is rather ho-hum news. 

• Love 16

That video... yikes! LOOK AT THE ROAD AND NOT THE CAMERA/ YOUR WIFE WHILE DRIVING! Seriously, why did so much of this video have to be filmed in the car?

And did I hear correctly that they left their van running/ unattended in the Walmart parking lot because they were afraid it wouldn't start up again?

Someone male (Jim Bob?) can be heard saying, "I was expecting the announcement a lot sooner." Ick.

Anyone else find it odd that Jed and Katey baby-sat Gracie at a baseball game (that JD and Abbie apparently weren't at)? Like, why would you take a baby to a baseball game unless you had to? It's not like Gracie would enjoy the game at her age. Could JD and Abbie not find anyone else to watch her? (And where were they, if not at the game?)

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

That video... yikes! LOOK AT THE ROAD AND NOT THE CAMERA/ YOUR WIFE WHILE DRIVING! Seriously, why did so much of this video have to be filmed in the car?

And did I hear correctly that they left their van running/ unattended in the Walmart parking lot because they were afraid it wouldn't start up again?

Someone male (Jim Bob?) can be heard saying, "I was expecting the announcement a lot sooner." Ick.

Anyone else find it odd that Jed and Katey baby-sat Gracie at a baseball game (that JD and Abbie apparently weren't at)? Like, why would you take a baby to a baseball game unless you had to? It's not like Gracie would enjoy the game at her age. Could JD and Abbie not find anyone else to watch her? (And where were they, if not at the game?)

My guess is Abbie is pregnant and sick, Jana was just out of town so they took her to give Abbie a break!

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I figured she was pregnant when I saw this thread was trending hot. *shrug* I bet Jed was in a race to get her pregnant faster than any other Duggar male knocked up his wife, just to prove his "manhood." He seems like that type. 

Jed creeps me out, and by extension, so does Ofjed. 

I hope to dog Claire's mother talked to her about birth control or at least waiting a little while. 

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I figured she was pregnant when I saw this thread was trending hot. *shrug* I bet Jed was in a race to get her pregnant faster than any other Duggar male knocked up his wife, just to prove his "manhood." He seems like that type. 

Jed creeps me out, and by extension, so does Ofjed. 

I hope to dog Claire's mother talked to her about birth control or at least waiting a little while. 

Smugs knocked Anna up after "Four long months".  Jed got it in at five months of marriage. 

20 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Smugs knocked Anna up after "Four long months".  Jed got it in at five months of marriage. 

Hmm, it depends on her due date. "Spring" is pretty vague. Jed might have beat Smuggar's time. 

• Useful 3
21 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I'm not sure where, but she said somewhere she's due in April.  They were married April 3, 2021 and they're supposedly due right around the anniversary. 

The only good thing about these two is at least she is 23 and not 19. 

1 hour ago, Zella said:

That caption is so gross and just confirms my impression that Jed is a major asshole in the same mold as his dad.

We may have to start courting.

• Love 4

Eh, I would rather update Joe and Kendra's thread before we update Jed's thread right now. 

Jed is basically Smuggar 2.0. I'm not saying he committed any crimes, but he totally carries himself like Smuggar did, especially in the early stages of his marriage to Anna.

Also, can we talk about how "we went through a betrothal" Jed and Katey announced a pregnancy earlier than "we were courting for a couple of years" Justin and Claire, who married two months earlier than Jed and Katey. I'll give Justin and Claire credit that they seem to do various things together and seem to enjoy spending time together one-on-one.

While it doesn't appear she became pregnant immediately after the wedding/honeymoon like some others, it did appear that they announced pretty quickly after they found out themselves. I just feel like they were being a little overzealous here.

• Love 11
38 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

She said April in the video.

Which I didn't watch. Reading about these losers wastes enough of my time without watching their vapid videos as well. Their stupid sign says spring. 

Edited by Heathen
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Eh, I would rather update Joe and Kendra's thread before we update Jed's thread right now. 

Jed is basically Smuggar 2.0. I'm not saying he committed any crimes, but he totally carries himself like Smuggar did, especially in the early stages of his marriage to Anna.

Also, can we talk about how "we went through a betrothal" Jed and Katey announced a pregnancy earlier than "we were courting for a couple of years" Justin and Claire, who married two months earlier than Jed and Katey. I'll give Justin and Claire credit that they seem to do various things together and seem to enjoy spending time together one-on-one.

While it doesn't appear she became pregnant immediately after the wedding/honeymoon like some others, it did appear that they announced pretty quickly after they found out themselves. I just feel like they were being a little overzealous here.

I agree we don't need to update the thread titles.

If she really found out this week, then it took a while. I've heard that she is due early April and she mentions the test turned positive right away in the video. She's more like two months along vs one month. Generally most women who are hoping to be pregnant find out the first month. (Historically it was 2 months, but these days it's one month.)

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I watched that video. Disgusting and classless to give such information about needing to use the bathroom and IN WALMART, no less..opening a pregnancy test and urinating on it in a public, dirty bathroom. Tasteless, IMO. On another note, I am sick and tired of Michelle's fake, over the top reaction to becoming a grandmother again. Hasn't that idiot figured out yet that a young, MARRIED couple using no birth control and having frequent sex means a baby is inevitable. I wish Michelle would quit acting so surprised and shocked. She knows the recipe for a baby.

Losers

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

The "She tested positive... And not for Covid" thing is super insensitive. But I expect nothing less from the Duggars. 

She may well have asymptomatic Covid, too. They just don’t care and would never test for it.

• Love 9

I also really liked Katey's announcement dress, along with the shoes.  Very pretty.  This is the first time I've seen her in a video (other than the wedding) and my first thought was, "she's adorable!"  Jed!, not so much.

A more surprising and newsworthy announcement would have been that they're not pregnant.  🤷🏽‍♂️

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

This whole board/chalkboard thing was played out a couple years ago.

I still see it often on my SM feeds. With school starting back up, there was a variety of the poster boards (which is the updated version), letterboards, and chalkboards. I just take pictures and type captions. 

27 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

The "She tested positive... And not for Covid" thing is super insensitive. But I expect nothing less from the Duggars. 

Didn't Nathan and Nurie use those exact words when they announced their pregnancy?

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Which I didn't watch. Reading about these losers wastes enough of my time without watching their vapid videos as well. Their stupid sign says spring. 

I didn't watch either. I take it the video was filmed like a counting on episode? Sounds like it, anyway. Let the cargo cult commence!

• Love 1

Katey apparently didn’t have boxes and boxes of the 6 day pregnancy tests, otherwise she would have been peeing on a stick ages ago. IIRC Anna was taking tests left and right and bemoaned the fact that it took 4 months. Maybe since Katey didn’t grow up super Fundie she was unfamiliar with the Duggar obsession with constant testing and stockpiles of pregnancy tests.

• Love 4

I watched 41 seconds of the video. Wasn't watching the time tick by and thought it had to be at least a few minutes by the amount of annoyed, sickened and bored I was accumulating. But, no, they packed an enormous amount of all those things into 41 seconds. 

Katey, you got biblically betrothed to a creepy cretinous slug. Have fun with that for the rest of your long long life. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13