Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E01: C U Next Tuesday?

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

If what Teresa was doing hadn’t been so gross it would have been funny because she was so incoherent about the whole thing. I honestly wasn’t sure what she was talking about at first. I kept waiting for something like this to happen.

Teresa: I heard Evan does stuff at the gym.

Anyone: Like CrossFit?

Lol! Teresa lacks the fundamental Housewife skill: shadingNo other OG housewife would clumsily go from group to group saying "I heard he does stuff at the gym." Housewife 101*: enjoy yourself at the party, find a group of camera-thirsty frenemies and loudly begin to have a good time OR recap the party on camera the next day. Then pretend to be coy and say something like, "They're a beautiful couple, but I hear all is not as it seems" or "their children are so beautiful; I hope they haven't been affected by the rumors of Evan's extracurricular activities." Advanced level Housewives would concern-troll Jackie to her face on camera to begin This Season's Drama. 

14 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I like Marge but she is looking older with the latest plastic surgery.  And I hope we don't have to see a lot of Marge Senior this season.  She is pathetic.

Marge is funny, but I could do without her "wacky" supporting cast. Stop trying to make fetch happen, Marge. No one wants to see you get a spin-off. 

11 hours ago, BucFan said:

I can’t stand Jackie. 
Ever since she very first appeared on the show, I just can’t stand her. Everything about her just rubs me the wrong way. 

Same. Even though I agree with her criticisms of Teresa, Jackie is so nakedly needy for attention that she becomes unwatchable. 

* Please note that I am not a Shady Bitch and would never do this to anyone in real life. I just watch too much reality tv. 😊

Edited by Vanderboom
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
Just now, Vanderboom said:

* Please note that I am not a Shady Bitch and would never do this to anyone in real life. I just watch too much reality tv. 😊

But you did nail it with your scenario of how to shade!  Subtle is not a word Tre knows the meaning of.

In other news, I just read that Tre bought a new mega mansion, (did her ugly home sell?), I remember how skeeved out she was at the idea of living in a house where other people had lived prior, I guess she got over it.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 2/17/2021 at 8:58 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Ok Jackie with the snatch of all snatches ... I don’t know where I heard it but I heard it ... lol 

And T you did spread a rumor.. you went all around that party telling everyone that you could ... that is not hearing the rumor that’s Spreading 

And wasn’t even trying to be discreet and keep it “in the family” meaning within the cast. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I’m surprised at how this word “analogy” got so deeply enmeshed into the conversation.  I tried to quote everyone who posted that it was an analogy, and there were too many quotes to quote, so I just figured I would put it out there for posterity what was said, because I only go off of what I see and hear on the episode, and I want to be clear on what Jackie said come reunion time.  She never mentioned that she was making an analogy.  She didn’t allude to it either IMO.  MMV; I’m just trying to get the words into the record, because they matter to me:

[show returns from commercial, where beginning of coke conversation is replayed.  Nothing was said or alluded to about coke prior]

Teresa:  I did not spread a rumor; I heard a rumor

Jackie:  Ok, well you know what, I heard that Gia snorts coke in the bathroom at parties, ok, I heard it, I don’t know where I heard it from, I mean I heard it from somebody—

Teresa: You’re a f[bleep]ing bitch

Jackie:  I mean, but it’s the same thing, so how is that not the same thing—

Teresa:  You’re a [bleep].  Now you’re a [bleep]

Jackie:  How is it not the same thing!

Teresa: [inaudible] [bleep] you—go f[bleep] yourself

Jackie:  [inaudible] how is it not the same?

Teresa:  F[bleep] you

Jackie:  Same. Thing!

Teresa:  you should never go after the kids—

Jackie:  you want to throw something at me, throw it

Teresa:  you’re a [bleeping] [bleep]

Jackie:  I’m living the life that you want to live.  I.  Win.  

Teresa:  No you don’t.  That’s why your husband’s cheating on you.  That’s why you’re crying, because you [bleep]ing know it.  

[At a point toward the very end of the exchange, Margaret repeatedly asks what happened, Teresa curses some more, says Jackie brought up her daughter, Teresa leaves]

Jackie:  I said it’s the same thing as me saying that I heard that Gia snorts coke in the bathroom

[Nothing else is said by Jackie.  Teresa uses the c-word some more outside and the show ends]

At no time did Teresa say that it was untrue that Evan was cheating.  She just said she heard it, and if Jackie and Evan don’t believe it’s true, they shouldn’t care, and she said it because married men have been propositioning her.  At the end, as I quoted—and it took me a hell of a long time to get those quotes accurate—Teresa reiterates that she thinks the cheating is true.  So, for Jackie to be hollering over and over “it’s the same thing,” she is not saying “you’re admitting it’s not true, so it’s the same thing as me saying Gia does coke in the bathroom.  It’s an untrue rumor.”  She never says, “I am making an analogy that hearsay has no value, so take back your words.”  All Jackie did was double (and triple) down on the fact that she heard that Gia does coke, and since Teresa was steadfast in her belief that Evan was cheating on Jackie, Jackie’s insistence that “it’s the same thing” means that Jackie thinks it’s true that Gia does coke.  That’s how I read it anyway.  Any damage control she may have done after the fact is just spin and bullshit IMO.  

Teresa is saying that it’s true that Evan cheats, or at least that it’s not untrue, so Jackie saying that Gia’s doing coke is “the same thing” means, by virtue of logic, that it was her position at the time that Gia is using cocaine.  Jackie has reminded us in this same exact conversation that she is smart and she is a lawyer, so I hold her responsible for the words she said a few breaths later, not words that she may wish she had said a few breaths later.  That’s not how any of this works to me.  

I understand that we all have our opinions and that is fine—at least one poster that I quoted said that it was her opinion that Jackie was using an analogy, and I accept that, even if I don’t agree with it.  But Jackie did not say, directly or indirectly, that it was an analogy, so I’m not quite sure that I would give her the benefit of the doubt on this one (or really anything, going forward).  

I am quite confident that Jackie is going to try like the dickens to spin this, and the word “analogy” is going to slowly enter her vernacular as the story gets told and re-told, and I think it’s important not to let the actual words that were said slip away.  Jackie took a shot and she missed.  She needs to take an honest inventory about what she said and apologize if that’s not what she meant, but this doesn’t get spun away into a hypothetical, because that was not how it was intended IMO.  

That’s pretty much where I am. I don’t think anyone is wrong for having heard that and thinking it was obvious that Jackie was using an analogy, but I didn’t. I really did not think that it came across like analogy. And at no point does Jackie say it isn’t true or she’s making an example or anything like that. I’m willing to believe that was her intent, but even if I  believe that, she was pretty careful to make sure there  were several good clips of her saying “Gia does coke.” I’m also not sure why she even brought Gia into it. Was Gia even in this episode? I may have missed it but I didn’t remember her. 

Now I am not on Teresa’s side. What she did was terrible and Jackie has every right to be upset. I just question this method. I think if you’re going to go on camera and accuse someone of a crime as a metaphor you should be crystal clear about what you’re doing. As in the words “This didn’t happen. I’m using this as a metaphor.” should leave your mouth. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I think it was obvious that it was an analogy by the way Jackie said "I heard it, I don’t know where I heard it from, I mean I heard it from somebody—" that she is imitating Teresa. 

Of course this all goes over Teresa's dumb head.

I thought the same thing. I'm not the biggest fan of Jackie but I actually thought she was being sincere in wanting to set-up Teresa with a friend of Evan. Teresa couldn't wait to bring up the rumors at the party.

Anyone else think it was weird that we didn't get a Teresa talking head until the end of the episode?

• Love 12
11 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

Well I just finished watching the episode and here are my reactions.

Clipped for space

3)  And Jackie and Teresa, here I go.  First let me say that I don't believe for one minute that Evan cheated.  This did not hit the local gossip mill.  If it did, I think few would actually believe it.  They were perfectly respected in the area, and were so even before the show and I know that doesn't mean much but...I don't know. It doesn't stick in any way shape or form and it's just a really bizarre statement overall.  So while Jackie made the comment "it's a small town where people love to talk" she is absolutely right, but that was just never going to gain traction.  Furthermore, Teresa lives 45 minutes away from this area, with no traffic.  Going to Montville is like going to an entirely different state  - you're on 3 different highways at least, you're passing through Paterson or having to go up and around it, for being 30 miles it's a really annoying 30 miles.  And vice versa.  So nobody in Teresa's world is seeing Evan at the gym, and nobody at Evan's gym is connected to Teresa's world. It's just not happening.  Plus, they do not socialize.  Their worlds, aside from filming, or time off camera at Melissa or Margaret's homes, do not intersect.  And they really did not intersect during the pandemic.  So I believe this was 100% producer driven.  Why? The timeline and the fact that the producers never go into a show without a "plan" in place and general storyline arc.  So let's look at the timeline.

RHONJ I believe had just started filming when the pandemic hit and the plug got pulled and probably killed any storylines and natural drama they had mapped out.  They resumed filming in July.  Evan's birthday is, according to google, August 8.  The party, by way of instagram, appears to have been on August 7.  In the meantime, NJ gyms were shut down until September.   So considering the worlds don't intersect, 4/5 months had passed since anybody in the state of NJ had set foot in a gym, not to mention the gyms wouldn't open up until September anyway, who was seeing Evan "doing stuff" at the gym?  And if it was earlier in time, are we supposed to really believe that Teresa held onto that little nugget to gossip about at the birthday party when they'd already been filming a month?  Come on.  

My guess is that filming started in July.  I also guess there wasn't much going on.  In all honesty, it was probably kumbayah because people had been locked down for so long.  The producers needed some drama.  Who is their "will do anything and take all the hits girl?  Teresa Giudice.  She can't say who told her because the entire thing was manipulated by Bravo.  

I also believe it's Jackie's turn for the Bravo hot seat.  It's her 3rd season.  She hasn't gotten the Bravo treatment yet - and to be honest, I think she probably thought she would evade it - but Andy and the producers decided it was her turn.  And just like that - they got their drama.  

The difference between Teresa and Jackie is that Teresa knows her role in her franchise.  And yes, it is her franchise, whether anybody wants to admit that.  She went to JAIL and rather than revamp the show, they STOPPED it and picked back up when she came back.  But that also means she's Andy's puppet.  JAckie doesn't realize that she's still new kid on the block and Bravo is really just now starting their games with her.  

All excellent points - I hadn't even thought about the timeline and the gyms, etc., here in NJ not being open until September.  

The only thing that could possibly change this would be if Evan was going to the gym for personal training....I do remember that Gov. Murphy allowed going to the gym for personal, one-on-one training before he opened gyms for larger capacity.  

Either way, I think this is all producer-driven, as you said (and I and other have said in earlier posts).  Teresa has done this before.  Just like Bethanny did on RHONY with the whole "Tom was cheating" text she got, but wouldn't reveal her source, and several other housewives franchises have had similar situations.  

I've said this many times before - Teresa is a Bravo team player.  She is willing to do what needs to be done without hesitation to keep her spot on the show - it's her major income source right now - she's not worried about how she looks or comes across - she is worried about paying her bills and is perfectly comfortably going low on someone to keep her job.

• Love 6

I didn't get the feeling Jackie actually heard that rumor about Gia. But Gia is a teenager and now people might think (some are) 'when there's smoke there's fire' and might take it seriously. Gia's been through enough, I don't like Jackie that Jackie spoke of her that way even just to make a point. She could have said Joe Gorga to get at Tre. However, Teresa was being completely ridiculous with her 'I didn't spread a rumor.' You literally spread the rumor at the party by telling the group, you dumbass. But it seems like everyone's marriage is going to be open for debate. Jackie was quick to talk about Teresa and Jen's family in that article. I'm neutral here. 

However if Jackie thinks she's getting Teresa off the show she's lost her mind (or never had it.) Melissa is the only one still on who ever tried it and that's because Andy loves Joe Gorga. Jackie should ask Melissa how often her good friend Melissa talks to once beloved cousin Kathy once she couldn't hold her spot on the show, if she's thinking her and Melissa will last beyond the cameras.  

Jen and Marge (maybe Delores just not yet on screen) are hanging around everyone without masks then seeing their elderly parents. Idiots. If you're going to film fine, but have some common sense then to stay away from the vulnerable.  

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 9
On 2/17/2021 at 8:58 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

I think Teresas wishes that Teresa was living the life of Teresa Giudice circa 2008.  Jackie and Teresa are so different that I can’t imagine Teresa being jealous of Jackie.  There’s a difference between hating a bitch and being jealous.  But this is who Jackie is—she thinks that because she is skinny, a bottle blonde, has a few coins to rub together and habitually writes a Carrie Bradshaw-like column, that people are all jealous of her.  Hmmm.  First of all, she’s not pretty.  Second of all, she doesn’t have a personality to write home about; she’s abrasive.  Third of all, she’s socially awkward.  Teresa and Dolores will never be jealous of that shit.

I stopped watching this series a few years ago, but read this because I LOVE to follow y-o-u.  It's been so long that there are names I don't recognized...and a Gorgas' daughter is old enough to date???

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 2/17/2021 at 9:54 PM, Axie said:

I’m confused about the pandemic.  When was this filmed?  There’s no masks, no social distancing.  Teresa is, and always has been, a complete bitch.

I was too. But at the birthday party Marge said she's okay because she's been tested. Still, kissing, no distancing. I don't get it.

• Love 2

22 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

It was weird..it almost like these people were living in a different time/place! No masks, large groups mingling, hugging, kissing each other...WTF?

I was stunned by how angry this aspect of the episode made me, perhaps because Atlanta seemed to navigate it so well. I assumed in Atlanta that they were under strict isolation precautions and testing regimens for filming. They always arrived wearing masks or shields, and things were pretty much kept to core cast and their families.  Their behavior and activities were curtailed and everything made more intimate.

But all of a sudden in Jersey, it's no holds barred parties with dozens of unmasked randos? Servers circulating with hors d'oeuvres? Somebody at the party said that "it's okay, we've been tested" as if one test within 24 hours would mean ANYTHING if you're going to run around hugging all these people who are clearly not sticking to their own household/pods.  ("Can't have a birthday party because of the pandemic, so we'll just have sleepovers and take her friends to the beach house!")

I didn't mind what Dolores' boyfriend said about the surgery - this was obviously not the first time they had discussed his issues with it -- it seemed like he was just bringing it up so they could have a topic for the camera.  If she purposely withheld the fact that she was going to have major elective surgery from her significant other, that's a serious relationship red flag. He's a doctor, he understands the risk, likely had advised against it, and she went and did as she pleased. And that's her right. But hiding it until it was over was not good. 

As for Jackie and Evan, you don't necessarily need to believe a rumor to have it have marital repercussions, especially if the repercussions are along the line of recriminations about the effects of the show on their lives. 

I did love learning on WWHL that part of Margaret's frenzy at the Jackie/Teresa summit was that the producers blocked her from returning to the room. So she really DIDN'T nnow what was going on, and not because she didn't want to. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

Jen and Marge (maybe Delores just not yet on screen) are hanging around everyone without masks then seeing their elderly parents. Idiots. If you're going to film fine, but have some common sense then to stay away from the vulnerable.  

On top of that, Teresa's dad died in April 2020 and she mentioned that this is one of the first times she's been out of the house and socializing with these people. You'd think after that mortality reality check they'd be careful, even if he didn't die of COVID. I am in awe at how FUCKING CLOSE THEY ARE ALL TO EACH OTHER. 🤬 Ugh.

• Love 7

Team Jackie, even though I don't really like her.  I hate that Theresa is too dumb to even know what "spreading rumors" means.  I think Jackie was dumb to bring Gia into, but only because it's going to distract from her point.  Gia is an adult who is likely getting a Bravo paycheck with her name on it, and her signature at the bottom of a Bravo contract.  She has almost a million instagram followers.  She's graduated from the kids' table and is now making adult choices to be on this show. That's her business, but you can't have all that AND be declared a child who is off limits.  And being accused of blowing lines at a party?  This isn't "criminal activity" that is going to haunt her, it's not something she has to "live down."  If I had to bet whether ANY of the kids on this show who are over 18 are hitting blow every now and again?  I'm betting on white, lol.  To me, this accusation has about as much heat as if Jackie had accused Gia of drinking beers underage at a party.  Just not a big deal.  Stupid to bring Gia into though, just because you are never going to redirect Theresa now.  Jackie's point, and war, have been lost.  

Is this the yelliest of all the franchises?  I feel like it is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

Jackie will never run Tre from the show. But she can stay on as long as she makes the imbecile Tre’s life hell.

The previews looks like Tre goes after Melissa and Joe again. I wonder how close they are now that dad has passed away.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

It’s not a spin tho in that conversation you can clearly tell Jackie is only saying it as an analogy.. it’s a I can make up a ridiculous comment and say I don’t know where I heard it but I heard it repeating what T said .. 

I agree. I took it the same way. Like let me just throw out a mean, hurtful rumor with nothing to support it other than “I heard it.” She did not say it was an analogy but to me her motive was pretty obvious. And I don’t even like Jackie. 

And I totally disagree that Teresa spreading rumors about him cheating is innocuous if it isn’t true. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, lasu said:

Team Jackie, even though I don't really like her.  I hate that Theresa is too dumb to even know what "spreading rumors" means.  I think Jackie was dumb to bring Gia into, but only because it's going to distract from her point.  Gia is an adult who is likely getting a Bravo paycheck with her name on it, and her signature at the bottom of a Bravo contract.  She has almost a million instagram followers.  She's graduated from the kids' table and is now making adult choices to be on this show. That's her business, but you can't have all that AND be declared a child who is off limits.  And being accused of blowing lines at a party?  This isn't "criminal activity" that is going to haunt her, it's not something she has to "live down."  If I had to bet whether ANY of the kids on this show who are over 18 are hitting blow every now and again?  I'm betting on white, lol.  To me, this accusation has about as much heat as if Jackie had accused Gia of drinking beers underage at a party.  Just not a big deal.  Stupid to bring Gia into though, just because you are never going to redirect Theresa now.  Jackie's point, and war, have been lost.  

This.  And I'd also like to add that while everybody is screaming that Jackie owes an apology for attacking Gia, why is nobody yelling that Teresa owes EVAN an apology?  Technically, that's whose reputation she is attacking.  And I always thought that while Tre can't stand JAckie, she actually really likes Evan.  Why attack him?  It just doesn't make any sense.  Again -- producer driven.  

2 hours ago, kassa said:

I was stunned by how angry this aspect of the episode made me, perhaps because Atlanta seemed to navigate it so well. I assumed in Atlanta that they were under strict isolation precautions and testing regimens for filming. They always arrived wearing masks or shields, and things were pretty much kept to core cast and their families.  Their behavior and activities were curtailed and everything made more intimate.

But all of a sudden in Jersey, it's no holds barred parties with dozens of unmasked randos? Servers circulating with hors d'oeuvres? Somebody at the party said that "it's okay, we've been tested" as if one test within 24 hours would mean ANYTHING if you're going to run around hugging all these people who are clearly not sticking to their own household/pods.  ("Can't have a birthday party because of the pandemic, so we'll just have sleepovers and take her friends to the beach house!")

The party wasn't a good look, that's for sure, and I expect we will see other gatherings and be saying "wasn't there a pandemic? Why are we literally kissing asses?"  However, I will say in August, the rates in Northern NJ were signficantly lower than other parts of the country.  The case count per 100k people was 3 - in the entire county.  The positive test rate was 2% Break that down to the towns, we're talking maybe 8 or 9  active cases in the town at that point in time - a town of, what?  20k?  And part of that is because the quarantines and restrictions were so tight right away because this area was hit the hardest in the spring months.  In comparison, the rates in other parts of the country were higher and you were at different points of management of the pandemic.  So during the summer months, NJ felt almost normal so long as you were outside.  That said, these idiots then took it 5 steps further.  Don't assume that based on what you saw that it was reflective of life up here entirely.  Most people were not hugging and kissing.  People were wearing masks because they have been required to in stores, restaurants, etc. since March.  If you look closely, you'll see that tables at Axia were spaced, as was the case at all restaurants.  Indoor dining didn't open until the end of the month.  The majority of the world was still exceptionally careful.  These dolts weren't.  And there were other pockets of dolts who didn't care either.  But most of us were just angry about it as you because we had done SO WELL at flattening the curve, then people had to have birthday parties with friends like that.  I guess I'm saying that people up here certainly felt more comfortable but the larger majority were not idiotic enough to do what the RHONJ cast did for this party or during this time.  And if you DID know people that were doing sleepovers and parties like this, you kind of distanced yourself. 

• Love 9

Gia posted on social media that she is now suffering “consequences” for Jackie’s analogy while Jackie’s marriage is “happy and intact”. I still don’t think Jackie should have brought Gia up but Gia and co are all annoying. I was watching the episode where Teresa took her prom dress shopping and Gia has quite a lot to say about everything and everyone herself, so I only have partial sympathies for any “consequences”. 

• Love 13
59 minutes ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

Gia posted on social media that she is now suffering “consequences” for Jackie’s analogy while Jackie’s marriage is “happy and intact”. I still don’t think Jackie should have brought Gia up but Gia and co are all annoying. I was watching the episode where Teresa took her prom dress shopping and Gia has quite a lot to say about everything and everyone herself, so I only have partial sympathies for any “consequences”. 

Aaaand this is where Jackie is a moron. You should study the enemy you're trying to make if there's seasons of previous footage. Of course Teresa and Gia were going to milk this. I don't believe Gia for a second about consequences even though I've seen people misinterpret what Jackie said as more than just an analogy. 

Furthering the COVID stuff, Gia was in California in the episode, right?. So, one would assume she's going to go back to her mothers house and her mother will then go around the other cast as they travel to beach houses in other towns and none of them will care. These people are the worst.  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

Gia posted on social media that she is now suffering “consequences” for Jackie’s analogy 

Go look at Gia's social media, she is getting called a cokehead, people are asking to do lines with her, people are laughing at her. It's a crapfest. But some feel like Gia deserves it because Teresa sucks, Gia agreed to be on the show, and she's over 18. Or I guess they just don't give a damn something happened to an innocent person. 

Also, Teresa can be a jerk for accusing Evan and Jackie can be an jerk for dragging Gia in it. It isn't a one or the other situation some are trying to make it be. 

Teresa shouldn't have accused Evan, full stop. Gia should not have been dragged into it, full stop. No if and or buts about it. 

Edited by mothmonsterman
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, lasu said:

I'm not on anyone's team...they all suck.

1 hour ago, mothmonsterman said:

Go look at Gia's social media, she is getting called a cokehead, people are asking to do lines with her, people are laughing at her. It's a crapfest. But some feel like Gia deserves it because Teresa sucks, Gia agreed to be on the show, and she's over 18. Or I guess they just don't give a damn something happened to an innocent person. 

Also, Teresa can be a jerk for accusing Evan and Jackie can be an jerk for dragging Gia in it. It isn't a one or the other situation some are trying to make it be. 

Teresa shouldn't have accused Evan, full stop. Gia should not have been dragged into it, full stop. No if and or buts about it. 

Agree...there seem to be no off switch with some of these women. Keep your kids, adult or under age out of this mess.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

It isn't a one or the other situation some are trying to make it be. 

Yeah, if Jackie was half as smart as she keeps claiming she is, she would have said something along the lines to Teresa herself being a cokehead.

• Like 1
  • Love 18
8 hours ago, mothmonsterman said:

Oh. Okay. When I said there's no way she's facing consequences, in my own head I took that to mean Gia was trying to say her school was mad at her or something. I didn't know people were directing commenting on her social media. Yeah, 19 is an adult but I'm in my early 30s and I wouldn't speak of a 19yr old because I feel like it's 'punching down' at my age and these women are in their 40s. It's someone's kid and Gia's had enough of her life put out there already. I doubt her check from Bravo is much, the husbands supposedly don't get their own check its a 'family rate' from what I hear into the HW salary. I've even heard on the Duggar's when those kids get married it's not two checks, it's one going back to when it was the Duggar show and now TLC acting like they're only giving the adult kids a spin off though the parents (who I think are worse than Josh but that's OT) seem to be on the commercials a lot.

I have a theory about kids who grew up on reality TV. They're taught it's what needs to be done for the sake of the family. Teresa let Gabrielle not film but she had Milania posing it up and Gia. Joe is gone, Teresa could be pressuring Gia since she seems to go to her for her own emotional support instead of another adult. IDK. I could see Teresa asking Gia to be on because Teresa has no friends to fill that role beyond who is on the show. With the pandemic it could be hard for Gia to find a real job (though, I know people who have in NY.) She signed up for her mother to have someone to talk too. Her role in the ep was a facetime call, I don't know if she gets a check for that episode. Ashley actually got into the mix with Danielle and the Manzo kids put their 2cents into Teresa's mess and actually hung out with the husbands. So far Gia has only been in her family saga.

Any adult who is calling Gia a cokehead on her SM, which was supposed to be an analogy, is an immature bully. Also, there's a difference between trying coke at a party and being a 'coke head' who does it all the time, I don't like Teresa spreading that cheating rumor at all but cheating rumors, especially on this franchise is something that you risk happening. It happened to Jen with Bill and the guest house her first season, I think it was Marge who Jackie loves who did that. Bringing up someone's kid and coke is different. It was dumb of Jackie to do. Though it's not totally on Jackie, Bravo could have maybe found a way to edit it out, we know they meddle, though they may have put too much trust in some of the viewers comprehension and emotional maturity. 

Edited by Gigi43
  • Like 1
  • Love 9

I agree that Gia’s been thru enough and disgusting Jackie should have kept her puffy unnatural looking lips closed. She’s the one that wants what Teresa has, the fame. She tried to get on the show for years and despite getting on, nobody does stories on her because she’s boring. 
As for Teresa,, she’s just doing her job. I’m guessing Evan does cheat the way Jackass goes on about never giving her husband a blow j.  He’s handsome and I’m sure is getting some attention. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Teresa is my favorite and she has been since season one really haha. But I was surprised she was gossiping about Jackie and Evan at his own birthday party. If I was Teresa I would of been scared of one of their friends telling either Jackie or Evan she was talking about them and go off on her and throw her out of their party lol. Melissa seemed so drunk at the party lol. Margaret is one of my least favorite characters but she has a nice body. Teresa looked jealous when jackie was giving her speech. Jackie was wrong to say that about Gia,I think. 

• Love 2
On 2/18/2021 at 6:43 PM, BucFan said:

I can’t stand Jackie. 
Ever since she very first appeared on the show, I just can’t stand her. Everything about her just rubs me the wrong way. 

Same. She is a nasty one. I think she, Margaret and Melissa would love to take over this show. 

21 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

I didn't get the feeling Jackie actually heard that rumor about Gia. But Gia is a teenager and now people might think (some are) 'when there's smoke there's fire' and might take it seriously. Gia's been through enough, I don't like Jackie that Jackie spoke of her that way even just to make a point. She could have said Joe Gorga to get at Tre. However, Teresa was being completely ridiculous with her 'I didn't spread a rumor.' You literally spread the rumor at the party by telling the group, you dumbass. But it seems like everyone's marriage is going to be open for debate. Jackie was quick to talk about Teresa and Jen's family in that article. I'm neutral here. 

However if Jackie thinks she's getting Teresa off the show she's lost her mind (or never had it.) Melissa is the only one still on who ever tried it and that's because Andy loves Joe Gorga. Jackie should ask Melissa how often her good friend Melissa talks to once beloved cousin Kathy once she couldn't hold her spot on the show, if she's thinking her and Melissa will last beyond the cameras.  

Jen had COVID.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

I agree that Gia’s been thru enough and disgusting Jackie should have kept her puffy unnatural looking lips closed. 

Had T her mother kept her mouth shut at that birthday party spreading rumors that she cant verify or even remember who or where she heard it about a man at his own birthday party  NONE of this would have been said ...if any one gets the blame for any of this shit its Teresa .. why Is Jackie being attacked (not saying you are attacking her just in general) for an analogy and Gia must be protected but Teresa is not being attacked for spreading a rumor about a husband that she cant even prove it true? come on now if spouses who arnt really on the show are fair game an adult child of someone who's been on on the show years longer should be to ...titt for tatt .. even tho what Jackie said wasn't supposed to be taken literally at all ..

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

Any adult who is calling Gia a cokehead on her SM, which was supposed to be an analogy, is an immature bully.

The problem here is, even though Gia is technically a legal adult, I would guess most of her followers on SM are not.  The hive mind among 14-20 somethings is another world out there.  It’s scary at times!  I do feel bad for Gia in all this.  

24 minutes ago, Impalace said:

Jen had COVID.

Thank you!  I thought she had.  Before filming even started right?  If I recall it was very early on in the pandemics like last spring / early summerish?

• Love 3

Teresa could have prevented this whole problem if she had simply walked back her unfounded allegations. She was given several chances to do that before things escalated. If anyone should be apologizing to Gia for getting her caught up in this mess it's Teresa.

And, while she's at it, Teresa should apologize to Jackie's four kids for slandering their father.

Edited by bencr
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18

Jackie had no reason to bring Gia up in her supposed analogy (I’m also one who heard everything Jackie said and there was no analogy at all....except in her defending herself now), she started the spark that set Teresa off on this path way back when she brought up rumors about Teresa - so there’s a great analogy right there for Jackie.  I also wouldn’t put it past Teresa to hold onto this until Jackie’s oldest are 18 and off in college and cut loose on a rumor that she heard they do drugs.  She is completely capable of waiting that long and then taking revenge against Jackie by putting something out there about her kids.  

I think what both of them have done to each other (Jackie in the previous seasons and Teresa’s revenge now in putting a rumor out there about Evan) are disgusting.  But I absolutely hate Jackie for what she did to Gia - and she owes her a huge public apology.  

• Love 9

So apparently Jackie said on Twitter that it was just an analogy and then went into Teresa and Evan. Both under Jackie and Gia 's tweets there looks to be grown women telling Gia to grow up and some "so what her parents are criminals"--- which wtf does that have to do with anything? That makes it open season because of what her parents did when she was a small child? Her IG is private but I hear that's where the worst was. Joe Gorga has always seemed to like Gia more than his own kids I wonder if he'll jump in and have issues with Jackie now.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
On 2/19/2021 at 11:59 AM, njbchlover said:

All excellent points - I hadn't even thought about the timeline and the gyms, etc., here in NJ not being open until September.  

Teresa said in the episode she heard it "last year" but she didn't say anything, but she did now because she was drinking.  So yeah, this is left over storyline that they probably never played out earlier with Covid shutting down production early in 2020.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

Joe Gorga has always seemed to like Gia more than his own kids I wonder if he'll jump in and have issues with Jackie now.

He should, he is her Godfather after all.  

5 hours ago, Onecattoo said:

I’m also one who heard everything Jackie said and there was no analogy at all..

Don’t worry, you are not alone.  It never sounded like an analogy to me the way she said it, either.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, MV713 said:

Teresa said in the episode she heard it "last year" but she didn't say anything, but she did now because she was drinking.  So yeah, this is left over storyline that they probably never played out earlier with Covid shutting down production early in 2020.

She probably complained to someone about what Jackie said last season and they told her to say "Well I heard YOUR husband was having an affair. He does stuff at the gym..." as retaliation (hence the "where there's smoke there's fire" repetition). Teresa, being dumber than a box of hair, thought it was a good idea, not taking into account that gyms had been closed for months by the time she made this allegation. Unless, of course, ,he had special accesss to the gym where he "did stuff" with someone else with special access to the gym; Then I shall stand corrected.

• Love 5

Yeah, rumors your old man is cheating suck, and tre was a bitch to repeat it, but a secure woman would brush it off like a piece of lint. Jackie is deeply insecure, always wondering if she's good enough, thin enough, smart enough, etc to keep her man around. The false sense of security she had in Evan being chunky is gone. She now feels the need to hang all over him in an attempt to let everyone know he's sooooo into her. I smell a vow renewal in the air.

Delores hiding her plastic surgery from her bf is weak. I'm all for "your body, your choice", and she doesn't need anyone's permission, but sneaking around like a child going against her parents wishes was very immature. 

Mel and tarzan are having problems...because they haven't had a storyline in awhile and being relegated to side kick status leads to a friend role that doesn't pay enough to splurge on a sweet 16 nose job for antonia.

• LOL 6
  • Love 9

So.....does anyone want to talk about anything not Tre /Jackie???  Because I am freaked that this place is going to get like RHOP and I do not like.  

I love that Jennifer has her dad in her home.  IDK if it’s COVID driven or not but I am jelly.  I miss my mama so much.  I am so sad for Tre that her daddy passed.  I am having a real tough time myself these days coming to the reality of my parents age.

Dolores looks fire!!!!!!  

• Love 11
57 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

So.....does anyone want to talk about anything not Tre /Jackie???  Because I am freaked that this place is going to get like RHOP and I do not like.  

I love that Jennifer has her dad in her home.  IDK if it’s COVID driven or not but I am jelly.  I miss my mama so much.  I am so sad for Tre that her daddy passed.  I am having a real tough time myself these days coming to the reality of my parents age.

Dolores looks fire!!!!!!  

I am still stunned that my dad is almost 86 and my mom is almost 85. I’m very blessed they are still around. Unlike my brother and my SIL, who died at 59 and 60 less than a year apart. 😿

It appears that everyone on the forum has picked their sides/viewpoints on the Tre vs. Jackie annoyance (they are both annoying in their own ways) and no more discussion will change viewpoints. I 
It is so pleasant to have an actual refuge these days where you can disagree, agree to disagree and still respect each other. It is so rare these days.

That being said, for me, team Tre or team Jackie is may appear to be a binary choice, but the issues and frustrations with both are not so simple. Two wrongs don’t make a right.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Love 11
52 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

You know, I actually thought Teresa seemed to get over her dad's passing much better than she did her moms.  I wasn't looking forward to all the sadness and tears (which would be understandable-- but I just didn't want to watch it again so soon after her mother's death) 

I thought it very odd that Jennifer had the family meal planned but the mom sent almost all the food! I would have been worried she would have been 'too sick' to send all that food and then what would Jenn serve?! Of course I guess this was all planned out so no worries...  When that family eats everything looks so thrown together.  Nothing looks appealing to me.  

I've never been a fan of Jackie, she came on her first season guns blazing to help Melissa take down Teresa and kept throwing around how intelligent she was, her law degree, her money, etc, with that big self satisfied smile-- I'm not a fan.  This season she seems doped up on something.  Can barely lift her eyelids (esp with those heavy lashes on).  I actually rewatched this show today and noticed while she was fighting with Teresa at Margarets house she was this wilting hurt flower begging Teresa to say she lied, then crying how it was going to tear apart her family, then suddenly tears disappeared and she's back to 1st season Jackie the Lawyer proving she is right with the Gia 'analogy'.  As Teresa ran from the room the camera shows Jackie sitting on the couch with a little smug look.  I think she's using this for her storyline.  What else has she got? After the party and she'd sobered up she probably rolled her eyes when her friend called with the story but then starting thinking...  And I agree with above posters that she wants to take Teresa down and joined the cast with this in mind from the start. I can't imagine this show with Jackie in the lead.  She's not interesting and her face is unfortunate looking.  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, geauxaway said:

He should, he is her Godfather after all.  

Don’t worry, you are not alone.  It never sounded like an analogy to me the way she said it, either.  

I absolutely took it as analogy. She wanted Theresa to feel her pain. In hindsight she should have used another analogy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, stcroix said:

You know, I actually thought Teresa seemed to get over her dad's passing much better than she did her moms.  I wasn't looking forward to all the sadness and tears (which would be understandable-- but I just didn't want to watch it again so soon after her mother's death) 

I thought it very odd that Jennifer had the family meal planned but the mom sent almost all the food! I would have been worried she would have been 'too sick' to send all that food and then what would Jenn serve?! Of course I guess this was all planned out so no worries...  When that family eats everything looks so thrown together.  Nothing looks appealing to me.  

I've never been a fan of Jackie, she came on her first season guns blazing to help Melissa take down Teresa and kept throwing around how intelligent she was, her law degree, her money, etc, with that big self satisfied smile-- I'm not a fan.  This season she seems doped up on something.  Can barely lift her eyelids (esp with those heavy lashes on).  I actually rewatched this show today and noticed while she was fighting with Teresa at Margarets house she was this wilting hurt flower begging Teresa to say she lied, then crying how it was going to tear apart her family, then suddenly tears disappeared and she's back to 1st season Jackie the Lawyer proving she is right with the Gia 'analogy'.  As Teresa ran from the room the camera shows Jackie sitting on the couch with a little smug look.  I think she's using this for her storyline.  What else has she got? After the party and she'd sobered up she probably rolled her eyes when her friend called with the story but then starting thinking...  And I agree with above posters that she wants to take Teresa down and joined the cast with this in mind from the start. I can't imagine this show with Jackie in the lead.  She's not interesting and her face is unfortunate looking.  

I think Teresa took her Mom's passing so hard because she felt like she missed the last year she had with her mom because of jail. She's had her father with her for a long time. I'm sure she's sad but not in shock like with her mom.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

When I started watching the episode, and watched Jackie making out with her husband, stopping him to kiss him, and then making a speech about how great a father and husband he was and then gleefully giving him tongue, I thought it seemed a little staged and intentional to make Teresa jealous, who had her husband deported. I sort of feel the whole thing was Jackie gloating to Teresa that she had a good marriage and she sort of had the rumor shade coming to her. 

Jackie, IMO, needs to stop trying so hard with Teresa. Teresa called her out long ago about about being a fan in line to get her book signed, and I think that bugs Jackie a lot. I also think it bugs Jackie that Teresa doesn't like her, but trying to show her up all the time is definitely not going to help.

I find Jackie really immature and insecure. Her constant reminders that she is smart and a lawyer is very strange and makes me think she isn't really that mentally all there as an adult. She acts more like a teenager.

• Love 13

When Jackie brought up the whole Gia/coke thing, I really thought she was just spilling some really hot tea...how bad is that?!  I really did though, because it wouldn't really be all that big of a stretch if Gia had done that.  To me, anyway.  I think Jackie knew she could use plausible deniability in her whole "analogy" argument, but she's not a stupid person.  She's an attorney!  I'm giving Jackie the side-eye on this one.  

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

When Jackie brought up the whole Gia/coke thing, I really thought she was just spilling some really hot tea...how bad is that?!  I really did though, because it wouldn't really be all that big of a stretch if Gia had done that.  To me, anyway.  I think Jackie knew she could use plausible deniability in her whole "analogy" argument, but she's not a stupid person.  She's an attorney!  I'm giving Jackie the side-eye on this one.  

Jackie is like the dumbest of all of them too!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

Jackie is like the dumbest of all of them too!

But but but SHE’S AN ATTORNEY!!!  With 52 degrees and SHE WINS!  😂.  

She is so effing insecure and now I am sooooo convinced Evan is or has cheated on her scrawny ass.  No one cries that much if it isn’t true (source / ME).  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6