Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E01: C U Next Tuesday?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

I want to see a rumble between Jackie and Wendy from RHOP. Both laud their multiple degrees way too often so obviously they are book smart. They are not necessarily equipped to handle dealing with delusional people. In Jackie’s case she thought she won a fight with a pile of rocks. When will she realize you can fight a pile of rocks, but you will never “win” because the two of you are in two different fights.

I can’t stand felon Teresa, and my dislike for Jackie is starting to grow. After these few years she has not figured out how to adapt her approach for the situation at hand.

When you interject your law degree in the middle of the argument, that is lame. 

Quoting myself because well, I’m a mess (On Tuesday I am having a fusion of my whole lumbar spine ((10th orthopedic surgery in 12 years so next one is free based upon the punch card I made))) - I’ve been in a lot of pain and since I can’t take supplements to help me sleep or cope but can drink wine until Monday ....).

I am watching Young Sheldon and Sheldon’s dad brings in Billy Sparks (not the sharpest tool in the shed) in an effort to try to make Sheldon learn to have a conversation with someone who may be different in terms of Intellectual interest and/or capacity. Not a direct comparison, but Sheldon pushes a lot of people away because he is highly intelligent and egotistical and has no social skills. Sheldon learned nothing from this (Billy may not be bright, but he is sweet - so not a direct comparison).

Neither Jackie nor Teresa have good social skills and neither know how to read a room. 

Teresa does not have the ability or capacity to look at anything from someone else’s perspective. Jackie seems to have the same problem.

• Love 3

Theresa is ruining the show.  She needs to go.  I think it would be a fun group of women without her.  This season, the ape woman is particularly mean and cruel.  Why are the other women putting up with her?  Other than putting others down she adds nothing to the show.  It's time Andy gives her the boot and moves on with the show.  I can't even watch it anymore because of her.

• Love 7

So I’m posting this with the understanding that Teresa is a monster, but I really can’t fucking stand Jackie.  I mean stop with the dramatics.  If her marriage is so secure, she would laugh at the stupidity of a rumor like that, especially the way it was delivered.  “I heard he does stuff”.  What is that supposed to mean??  The first things I thought was maybe he was gay or maybe he was doing drugs.  I’m still laughing about that choice of words as I type this.  It was so vague!

Also I guess I’m as dumb as Teresa because what Jackie said about Gia did not come across as an analogy or example to me.  She should have said “As an EXAMPLE it’s LIKE if I said Gia was on drugs...NOT “I heard Gia is doing coke”.  For someone who is so vocal about her intelligence (she’s a lawyer!), she’s the one who looked stupid in that moment.  Not to mention all the hysterics prior, which I think had more to do with all the Teresa ass kissing not paying off for her.  Lastly, Jackie’s fashion choices are still tragic.  This woman has no style at all.  Just hideous.

Margaret has a completely new face!  It doesn’t look bad, but it’s a new face.  Delores is a beautiful woman just as she is, but if she chooses to have surgery it’s her decision.  However, I don’t think her boyfriend was out of line.  He’s a doctor, so he likely sees elective surgeries as unnecessary risks.  I can understand that.  I still think they are weird as all get out, but Delores has strange relationships with the men in her life.

As far as COVID, yeah it was weird.  I was living in New Jersey until October of last year, and with so many deaths and hospitalizations most people were taking it very seriously, especially businesses that could have been fined or shut down if they weren’t complying with restrictions.  I really only noticed hugging/kissing between cast members though, who I guess are all in the same “bubble”.  Margaret had her mask on when going to the restroom and then took it off to talk to someone in the cast (I think it was Melissa).  I just really have to forget about COVID while watching television because if not it drives me crazy.  The shows that don’t acknowledge it at all make me nervous with the lack of masks/distancing, but then the ones that do include it also drive me crazy with constantly putting on/taking off of masks, sanitizing hands constantly, etc.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 2/17/2021 at 10:11 PM, escape said:

Now that Jackie has admitted what she said about Gia - she made up.  Huh?  That was a cheap shot.  Gia is not a HW kid hanging around social media trying to be famous.   She's in college, with plans to be a lawyer.  Why drag someone like that down???

Of course she made it up. She said she made it up. She said, "Okay, what if I say, Gia . . . " She was positing a hypothetical. The whole point was, what if I make up something & claim it's a rumor about an adult cast member you love. I don't know why everyone is getting so furious and how anyone can misunderstand what was a pretty clear point. 

Edited by TakeAPinotGrigio
  • Love 3

I'm finally catching up on this season, and it's comforting to see that everyone on this show is still awful. 

I will say that I did enjoy the shot of Melissa leaning in and slooooowly biting into a spear of asparagus when Fiona was gossiping about Evan at his birthday party.  I can only assume that's the Melissa Gorga equivalent of pulling up a chair and eating popcorn. 

• LOL 1
On 2/17/2021 at 9:54 PM, Axie said:

I’m confused about the pandemic.  When was this filmed?  There’s no masks, no social distancing.  Teresa is, and always has been, a complete bitch.

So far I've only caught up on this episode, but it's made me realize that in order to enjoy the show this season I'm just going to have to dissociate and pretend there's no pandemic. Otherwise I'll just be seething the whole time about the lack of precautions.

Hard agree about Teresa.

(edited)
On 2/17/2021 at 8:56 PM, janiema said:

Little Frankie is really good looking.

He's gorgeous! Not surprised with parents as good-looking as his. Dolores is one prettiest Housewives, definitely the prettiest in this cast. I'm not normally into extremely muscular men, but Big Frank is a really handsome fellow. The whole family is beautiful. 

Off the superficial stuff . . .

I was warming up to Teresa. She is just really good TV, and I cut her a lot of slack because I know she isn't the brightest in the cast. But man was she messy! It was not cool to go into Evan's birthday and spread a nasty rumor. 

I didn't like Jackie using Gia for the analogy. I get that Gia is no longer legally a kid and is a public person, but she is still Teresa's kid and very young. 

That said, Jackie's poor analogy doesn't mean she and her family aren't still victims. What Teresa did was disgusting. 

Edited by RealHousewife