Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

Jumpin’ Jesus on a pogo stick, the amount of flack this woman is getting for letting her hair go gray and wearing comfy clothes while walking her dog is disgusting. 

Good reminder of context. I love a ballgown as much as the next person, but I'm not wearing it to pick up dog shit. 

I do think there's some old money/new money distinction to how the wealthy dress in general. And in specific, I can't see the Fonda family caring much about those old rules of etiquette and society. 

• Love 16
7 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

No...! I've quite enjoyed the music & the reflection. I've only seen it piecemeal, but at times I was dancing in my living room! 💃🏾💃🏾💃🏾 The first hand Jackson family information, the lewks, the dance moves, the fashions--- soo hot at the time, lol! I think I will re-watch multiple times.

I think you will find it uplifting, with a nod towards: "everybody has stress in Life." 

Oh nice! Thank you. :)

• Love 1

Baby news...

Yes, Robyn Rihanna Fenty is pregnant. She was photographed with boyfriend A$AP Rocky in New York City over the weekend, strolling through the slush and debuting a prominent baby bump. [...] I’m not sure how I imagined Rihanna would announce a pregnancy, but these (very staged) paparazzi photos exceed all expectations. There’s A$AP Rocky in leather pants and something that looks like a hooded sweater vest. There’s Rihanna’s … everything! Her long pink jacket. Her exposed stomach, adorned with a bejeweled cross. Her jeans dragging on the gorgeous brown sidewalk. It is an absolutely buck-wild outfit for freezing weather, and it better be one of the most popular Halloween costumes this year.

https://www.thecut.com/2022/01/rihanna-pregnant-asap-rocky.html

And also...

Never let it be said that Nick Cannon didn’t do his part to preserve the human race. The father of seven is about to become a father of eight, with TMZ reporting that he co-hosted a gender-reveal party with Bre Tiesi over the weekend. Today, Cannon confirmed that he is indeed the father of Tiesi’s baby, furthering his brand as an extremely fertile man.

Cannon and Tiesi, a model and former reality-TV star, have been working together on Wild ’N Out since at least 2021. On Monday, Cannon shared one of the pictures from the gender-reveal party on his daytime show, describing Tiesi as “the next mother.” (He then admitted calling her that “sounds weird.”) Cannon said he’s known about Tiesi’s pregnancy for a while but wasn’t sure how or when to announce it after the death of his infant son, Zen. He said he hadn’t planned to talk about Tiesi’s pregnancy just yet, but after the gender-reveal party pictures came out, he wanted to address any rumors. “I’m excited, I’m happy … I’m gonna be the best dad I can possibly be,” he said before acknowledging his less-than-conventional journey as a father. “Ain’t nothing ordinary about me,” he said, “I’m fascinating.”

This will be the eighth child for Cannon, who has welcomed four children in the past 14 months — daughter Powerful Queen Cannon, welcomed with Brittany Bell; twin sons Zion Mixolydian Cannon and Zillion Heir Cannon with Abby De La Rosa; and Zen with Alyssa Scott. He also shares twins, Monroe and Moroccan, with his ex-wife Mariah Carey, and another son, Golden “Sagon” Cannon, with Bell. Sadly, Zen passed away at just 5 months old in December due to complications with brain cancer.

https://www.thecut.com/2022/01/nick-cannon-eighth-child-bre-tiesi.html

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, aradia22 said:

I just feel bad for Alyssa Scott. I can’t be fun seeing this in the news while it hasn’t even been a month since her son died. 

4 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

What about women deliberately having children with Nick at this point? Shouldn't they be thinking of their children needing a father just as much as Nick should be? I don't get it. He's a rich man, but I'd rather be with someone who doesn't have a fraction as much but would be there for me and any kids I'd have. 

At this point it seems like he is just a willing sperm donor without the sperm bank. 

If a female celebrity had children with multiple men she would be called a slut not fertile. I wonder if Nick Cannon is very lucky that he is male.

I mean, it'd be a lot more "fascinating" and "extraordinary" if a female celebrity had this many biological children in the same time frame. Like, worthy of scientific study. 😂

• LOL 16
  • Love 2

Maybe the sperm donor jab is actually accurate.  Maybe some of these women just want children and Nick's willing?

I do feel for the mother of his son who passed away, but I would hope that she was aware of this new baby before the rest of the world.  Nick said he wasn't planning on making it public, but it wasn't a secret, obviously, since there was the gender reveal party.

4 hours ago, ouinason said:

Maybe the sperm donor jab is actually accurate.  Maybe some of these women just want children and Nick's willing?

I do feel for the mother of his son who passed away, but I would hope that she was aware of this new baby before the rest of the world.  Nick said he wasn't planning on making it public, but it wasn't a secret, obviously, since there was the gender reveal party.

I was wondering this too because is he actually dating any of these women? Or is he just coming in, knocking up and leaving?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, ouinason said:

She says she is at peace.  She is a bigger woman than me because I don't think I could handle that so soon after losing my child.  

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/alyssa-scott-is-at-peace-amid-nick-cannon-baby-news/

• Love 1
14 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

What about women deliberately having children with Nick at this point? Shouldn't they be thinking of their children needing a father just as much as Nick should be? I don't get it. He's a rich man, but I'd rather be with someone who doesn't have a fraction as much but would be there for me and any kids I'd have. 

10 hours ago, ouinason said:

There is no way I believe that these women just want kids & Nick is helping them out. These women see a chance for a paycheck for many years to come, & they took it. Maybe that idiot woman who tried to trick Drake into knocking her up should see if she can get an intro to Nick. 

• Love 8
14 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Nick's newest Baby Mamma was also married to Johnny Manziel.  

• Useful 6
19 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I don't even know what to say about Nick Cannon at this point

If that is indeed Nick celebrating either a baby shower of gender reveal on Jan. 30, it is definitely uncouth.  The timing from the death of his infant son is still quite recent. So disrespectful.  If it’s true……something is really wrong with this man.  It’s rather disturbing.   

He says he went on a celibacy journey and it really helped, but it didn’t last long:(

https://people.com/parents/nick-cannon-celibacy-journey-began-after-conceiving-8th-child/

Edited by SunnyBeBe
13 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Maybe he should have also gone on a use a condom journey.

I'm thinking a journey to the urologist for a vasectomy would be a good idea for him.

It appears his 'celibacy journey' lasted less than 2 months, but he's proud of himself nontheless.  And he is in therapy because he feels guilty because he doesn't spend enough time with his kids even though they are his #1 priority.  So, having another kid with a different woman is definitely the answer to that.  He also brags that he spends 'quality' time with his kids so the quantity doesn't matter.  I wonder if the kids agree.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 18
17 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

I'm thinking a journey to the urologist for a vasectomy would be a good idea for him.

It appears his 'celibacy journey' lasted less than 2 months, but he's proud of himself nontheless.  And he is in therapy because he feels guilty because he doesn't spend enough time with his kids even though they are his #1 priority.  So, having another kid with a different woman is definitely the answer to that.  He also brags that he spends 'quality' time with his kids so the quantity doesn't matter.  I wonder if the kids agree.

The way Mr. Cannon's going, it won't be too long that the only way he'll be able to spend ANY time with his individual kids would be to put them all on a rotating carousel and have each 'rider' stop off for whatever many minutes Mr. Cannon can 'spare'.  Sheesh! Does Mr. Cannon truly believe he's supposed to be the next King Solomon or the King of Siam? And how many of these newer potential 'co-parents' actually believe that momentary fame of being the 'latest' and financial compensation will truly be fair to each and every child they might conceive with him?

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

It appears his 'celibacy journey' lasted less than 2 months, but he's proud of himself nontheless.

Or the more likely scenario where this baby was conceived 2+ months ago and triggered his celibacy journey. That also would be when is youngest child was dying of cancer which probably played a role. I really do not like him but good for him for going to therapy and examining why he is doing this. 

5 minutes ago, Dani said:

Or the more likely scenario where this baby was conceived 2+ months ago and triggered his celibacy journey. That also would be when is youngest child was dying of cancer which probably played a role. I really do not like him but good for him for going to therapy and examining why he is doing this. 

He claims the baby was conceived before he decided on celibacy in October and also says his 'celibacy journey' was more like a quick trip around the block since he admits it ended before the new year.  So, yes, it would appear as though this child was conceived in the midst of the horrible terminal illness of his other child.  As I recall, he had 3 different former partners who gave birth to his children within the past year, including the child who died; so his behavior was set in place long before the baby was diagnosed with cancer.

He says he's going to the therapist because he feels guilty about not spending enough time with his kids since he has so many and is so busy working.  No mention that he perhaps is rethinking his strategy when it comes to hooking up with various women.  He says the therapist actually suggested celibacy as something that could be beneficial to him which is why he did it-for almost 2 months, which is apparently some sort of record for him.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

He does realize you can have sex and not get someone pregnant right?  I don't know which is worse, not using birth control and having multiple unplanned pregnancies or choosing to have so many kids with so many different women simply because.....I don't even know what his reason would be.

• Love 16
56 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

He does realize you can have sex and not get someone pregnant right?  I don't know which is worse, not using birth control and having multiple unplanned pregnancies or choosing to have so many kids with so many different women simply because.....I don't even know what his reason would be.

Also wouldn’t he want to wrap it up because of sexually transmitted diseases? 

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Also wouldn’t he want to wrap it up because of sexually transmitted diseases? 

He said once on Wendy Williams he never had an std. Wendy being Wendy was like "Never? All those girls you've been with?!"

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

He said once on Wendy Williams he never had an std. Wendy being Wendy was like "Never? All those girls you've been with?!"

The fact he even had to address whether he did or not says a lot about him and it's not good.

Edited by ifionlyknew
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

NIck has a way to go to beat the Japanese 'Baby Factory'.

YIKES! That sounds like an utter nightmare for those poor kids brought into this world for their male DNA Donor's intention! He stated that he wanted this large number of offspring (borne by hired surrogates )for the purpose of them being able to support him in his future political aspirations. Even  though the Japanese courts have concluded that this has nothing to do with human trafficking, being brought up in a compound with only nannies and other half-sibs for company with virtually no contact with the outside world sounds like a horrible way to grow up! 

• Love 7

It's not a "celibacy journey" if you just happen to not get laid for 2 months.  that's called normal life.   Seriously Nick we know where babies come from and we know how to stop it these days.  

And spare me the "quality" or "quantity."   He is not doing the REAL work of parenting.   Which is being kept up all night with a colicky baby.   Getting homework done.  Driving the kids all over the countryside to their activities.   Sitting in the bleachers freezing your ass off AT the activity.   Arguing about bedtime and what age is too young to have your own cellphone.   He is not doing ANY of that.   He shows up with presents, plays with them for half an hour, maybe takes them out to eat, then is on to whatever else is on his schedule.   He leaves the actual PARENTING to the mothers.

And yes, I am side eying the mothers too.   The first couple, okay, they didn't know he was doing this.   After that, girl open your eyes.   You are NOT the ONE that he will stay with and care for forever and ever.   You ain't gonna change/fix/reform him.  

• Love 19

Oof. Halle Berry's new movie Moonfall, directed by cheese-fest master Roland Emmerich, is out and the reviews are brutal. Rolling Stone wonders "Is ‘Moonfall’ an Actual Movie, or a Prank That’s Being Played on Audiences?"

In space, no one can hear you scream. In cavernous, half-empty IMAX theaters, however, you can definitely hear other people laughing at the unintentional comedy of a truly bad movie set in space, which is as close as we can get to saying that you may want to see Moonfall with an audience, should you feel compelled to see this at all....

The general population goes into a panic every time Emmerich cranks up the volume and cuts to an orb lurking ominously in the background like a slasher-film killer. It’s one of those scenes that eventually gives birth to the movie’s singular moment of transcendentally atrocious bliss, in which a supporting player looks off into the distance, and in the most beautifully ripe line reading, exclaims, “Oh shit, the moon is rising!!!

• LOL 10
3 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Oof. Halle Berry's new movie Moonfall, directed by cheese-fest master Roland Emmerich, is out and the reviews are brutal. Rolling Stone wonders "Is ‘Moonfall’ an Actual Movie, or a Prank That’s Being Played on Audiences?"

Aw. Stargate is really good! Or at least, last time I watched it. Independence Day was good too. While stuff like The Day After Tomorrow, Godzilla, and 10,000 BC weren't. The question is, what happened? Did he lose the thread of what makes a good movie, or were his good ones flukes?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Snow Apple said:

I think I will exclaim that last line every full moon from now on. 

I want to work variations of that into my everyday life and subject unsuspecting people to it. "Oh shit, the sun is rising!" "Oh shit, the moon is falling!" 

• LOL 10
7 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Sounds like something worthy of an MSTK-style watch when it hits cable.

4 hours ago, Anduin said:

Independence Day was good too.

I like ID when I saw it at the movies.  I rewatched it one day a couple of years back and wondered why the hell I wasted my precious money on it.  Other than Bill Pullman, who is always awesome.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

Other than Bill Pullman, who is always awesome.

Jeff Goldblum was the highlight for me. I do like Independence Day. I've watched it a few times. It's not a great movie, but it had a great cast. I've never seen any of the other movies Anduin listed. I think Moonfall will join those. No one in the cast is a 'must see' for me and the premise sounds...well, um, also not 'must see'. 

I have to be honest, I've been seeing some car ads that mentioned the movie in them and I kept thinking it was a new James Bond movie, not a movie about the moon actually falling out of orbit. Actually, not sure which is worse. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Ailianna said:

Plus the dog survives.

I am absolutely one of Those People -- people are getting wiped out right and left, and I turn to my then-boyfriend and say, "If Boomer dies, I'm out of here."

Oh, celebrity news?  Hm, let's see ... I guess Nick Cannon doesn't plan on stopping his one-man quest to worsen the overpopulation crisis any time soon.  After apologizing for being insensitive in talking about the death of one child in the midst of discussing the upcoming birth of another, he said, "And I'm going to love my new child, I'm going to love every child from that point on."  

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

I love Independence Day. Not because it's great cinema, but because it's fun, has good energy, and is awfully upbeat for a movie about the end of all human life. I have no real desire to see the sequel, but it's the kind of movie you can drop in and out of at any time, and they blow up lots of stuff.  Plus the dog survives. What more can we ask from a fluffy action movie?

I think it's easier to get people to accept dumb plot points in a fun popcorn movie/blockbuster rather than a self-serious disaster movie. Thinking of the movies Anduin listed, (at least going by the trailers) they took on that dimly lit, blue filter look and got all serious. I remember people also liking White House Down and thinking 2012 and Anonymous were dumb and Stonewall was offensive. Emmerich kind of feels like Joel Schumacher without the sense of camp and fun.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, Ailianna said:

I love Independence Day. Not because it's great cinema, but because it's fun, has good energy, and is awfully upbeat for a movie about the end of all human life. I have no real desire to see the sequel, but it's the kind of movie you can drop in and out of at any time, and they blow up lots of stuff.  Plus the dog survives. What more can we ask from a fluffy action movie?

Yes, I love the President's speech to the crowd, and everyone all over the wrold celebrating the fallen alien ships.  

• Love 10