Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Hi, neighbor!  Sitting in my office in Lakewood at this moment.  As you know, Carol had a terrific career as a figure skating coach here at Winterhurst rink.  Her husband, Hayes, went to law school after his gold medal and was an attorney for one of the rubber companies in Akron until he retired, as I recall.  His brother, David, also a gold medalist, went to medical school and became a gastroenterologist.  Slackers, the whole bunch😉

Carol once told me that she had the chance to tour with an ice show after her gold medal but didn't because her mother wouldn't allow it. 'Nice girls don't skate in ice shows' is what she was told.  Instead, she made her one and only movie, the cinematic classic, 'Snow White and the Three Stooges' and said she made more money in a couple months than she would've skating in a show for a year.  She used the money for her wedding, retired and had 3 kids and started coaching after they were in school.

I’m aware that the Jenkins’ are from Akron.  I don’t know if David settled in the area like Hayes did, tho.

Carol is a gracious lady, and as long as she wasn’t in deep instructional mode, loved to discuss skating with people.

I no longer live there, (we actually lived on the Cleveland side of I-90, off Warren), as hubby was transferred out of state to Chicagoland, and then we re-settled in NC a few years ago.  But most of my family still lives in Rocky River and Medina and Westlake.

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Zella said:

Yes he sees them. He was at the Super Bowl with the two girls wearing a hood over his head. One of the kids looked like she was dying of embarrassment. 

image.thumb.png.0499698484ccb408bbe7691e6754a802.png

Edited to add: when I grabbed this, I did see some pictures of him there without it. Not sure the sequence of events on him wearing it or how long he had it on. 

Just FYI, the kid one the right isn't one of his daughters, that's his son, Saint.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, GaT said:

Just FYI, the kid one the right isn't one of his daughters, that's his son, Saint.

My bad! Thank you--I'll edit my post. I read someone else saying he was with his girls and just assumed they knew. Should have checked it a little more myself. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Luckylyn said:

A YouTuber made a video about Kanye’s most recent behavior.  He just won’t let Kim go. He is not making the situation easier on the kids.  Although I agree with him about not wanting his kids on Tiktok I think the way he’s going about it is terrible.

I feel bad for the kids who don't have any choice in the matter, but I don't feel bad at all for Kim. She made the personal choice to get with a famous man who's mentally unstable behavior has been documented for years. It's not like she didn't know, but Kim clearly decided that the fame/publicity/ability to be a power couple with Kanye outweighed the negatives. Now she's paying for that choice. I just wish her kids weren't paying for that choice along with her.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Zella said:

My bad! Thank you--I'll edit my post. I read someone else saying he was with his girls and just assumed they knew. Should have checked it a little more myself. 

Yeah, I have trouble deciding what gender kids are sometimes, especially babies. I'm all for pink & blue until they get old enough to be obvious LOL

• LOL 3

Bob Saget's family files lawsuit to block release of records from his death investigation

I knew something seemed off about his death, but people didn't believe me

Saget had several blunt force injuries of the head, according to the medical examiner's autopsy report obtained by ABC News, including a fracture at the base of his skull and fractures involving the frontal bone.

If you slip & fall, you don't get fractures on the front AND back of your head. He didn't just have an accident.

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, GaT said:

Bob Saget's family files lawsuit to block release of records from his death investigation

I knew something seemed off about his death, but people didn't believe me

If you slip & fall, you don't get fractures on the front AND back of your head. He didn't just have an accident.

Honestly, what difference does it make? The manner of death is still listed as accidental. As long as there wasn’t foul play involved it’s really no one’s business. I hope the family gets answers but they also deserve privacy.

You absolutely can fracture the front and back of your head in a fall. If you slip and slam full force into one object and bounce or ricochet into another object. There are also other ways. Yes, is does indicate a significant blow but that doesn’t mean it can’t be accidental. 

A doctor of Twitter posted a really informative thread if anyone is interested. 
Here is his conclusion after reading the autopsy. 

If there is something sensitive involved it is more likely to involved something found in his room, something he did while in Florida, or what he might have been doing when he fell than anything nefarious. 

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

Saget died in Florida which has really open records.   That's why you get so many mug shot photos and arrest records of "Florida Man/Woman."   The same stuff happens elsewhere but the records aren't automatically open so you don't hear about it.   In this case, the records are presumed open, unless a judge rules they are not.   So the family has to file to get them to stay closed.   And I don't blame them.   They don't need people pouring over their loved ones death records and runnnig around on social media claiming he was murdered.   

Same thing happened with all the records for Anna Nicole Smith when she died.  It was a field day for the Journos, but social media was in it's infancy back then, so fewer people got the immediate deluge of pseudo-information and ridiculous and instantaneous innuendo. 

That was in 2007, so people had to wait for the nightly report on Entertainment Tonight, or weekly in PEOPLE magazine.  They didn't get updates on their phone every 15 minutes from 3,218 "news sources". 

It was a simpler time.....

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6

While I find Mr. Saget's manner of death re head traumas on both sides of his skull a bit puzzling, I firmly believe that  evaluations should be left to the legal authorities and his loved ones   and NOT the media, rags, social media or the court of public opinion inasmuch as all the above can easily be swayed by emotion instead of   objective and irrefutable facts. 

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 12

I can definitely see how a slip in the shower could cause trauma to all kinds of body parts & sides.  

You slip & smack your head against the side while reaching for the bar, and you overcorrect and end up on your butt, with the back of your head getting a whack on the tub edge, your legs go out from under you and you're grabbing at anything, while trying to not get a face full of hot water, so you're flailing around in panic. 

Sounds comical if it isn't potential deadly.  People slip in showers all the time and end up with crazy injuries. 

I did once, slipped and my left shin caught the sharp edge of the water faucet and basically peeled off a wide swath of skin, right up to my knee.  Took ages to heal & I still have the scar. 

I don't believe any alternate theories. 

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Love 11

I do think it's odd that the hotel finds a dead man in his suite, with obvious bruising, and there was no investigation of the hard surfaces like the bedside table, shower, marble floor, etc.  To cover their own asses, I can't believe the hotel, whomever removed the body, hotel security, and local authorities (if they were called) did not do a thorough look in the suite.  

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

I do think it's odd that the hotel finds a dead man in his suite, with obvious bruising, and there was no investigation of the hard surfaces like the bedside table, shower, marble floor, etc.  To cover their own asses, I can't believe the hotel, whomever removed the body, hotel security, and local authorities (if they were called) did not do a thorough look in the suite.  

Did someone say there was no investigation?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Trini said:

Did someone say there was no investigation?

It was quickly determined as an accident so to me, that seems to be a hasty decision.  It's like they wanted to give a cause of death for this beloved public figure and close it out ASAP.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SnapHappy said:

Sounds comical if it isn't potential deadly.  People slip in showers all the time and end up with crazy injuries. 

My son knows a girl who tripped and hit her chin on the edge of her dresser. Broke her neck instantly.  Accidents do happen.

• Love 1

I am not saying Bob Saget's family is trying to cover something nefarious up, they have every right to want to keep their private business private. What I'm saying is that I think this was  declared an accident too quickly. When the cause of his death was first announced, my first thought was "how do they know it was an accident?". Bob left the venue & went to the hotel & nobody knows where he was during this time. Maybe someone tried to rob him, maybe a drunk fan got overzealous & hit his head somehow, nobody knows, they just declared it an accident & that's it. It's possible, but I find the idea that he smacked once side of his head, & bounced off whatever & hit the other side kind of unbelievable. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MerBearHou said:

That’s just not how things work. The hotel moving the body or blocking the police would trigger a deeper investigation particularly in a high profile case. The hotel called 911 and the recording of the call was released. Taking a month between his death and making a determination is not quick when there are no indicators of foul play. Particularly when they have surveillance to know who was in the room at any given time and when it was last cleaned. Investigating the surfaces in a situation like that would not take the long. 

Sometimes a spade is just a spade. 

48 minutes ago, GaT said:

Bob left the venue & went to the hotel & nobody knows where he was during this time. Maybe someone tried to rob him, maybe a drunk fan got overzealous & hit his head somehow, nobody knows, they just declared it an accident & that's it.

Those things leave evidence or indicators that evidence was tampered with. 

Edited by Guest

I think this just keeps getting stranger & stranger

Bob Saget's Fatal Injury May Be Headboard-Related, Cops Certain No Foul Play

We're told the injury to his head was severe enough that they're sure he could not have made the 2-hour drive from Jacksonville to the Ritz-Carlton in Orlando.

But, here's the mystery ... some medical experts say the skull fracture is consistent with being hit by a bat, or falling as far as 30 feet. Obviously, that kind of fall didn't happen, but as for Bob being struck -- we're told the electronic front door lock to his hotel room shows no one else entered the room. Once Bob entered, the next time the door opened was when hotel staff found him in the afternoon.

How do you hit the front & back of your head against a headboard hard enough to resemble getting hit with a bat?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

I fully support the Saget family in shutting down the release of information regarding the details of his death and the investigation. The police are satisfied it was an accident. The family is satisfied it was an accident. The coroner is saying it was an accident. The public doesn't need to see a smear of blood on the rim of the bathtub because they are curious. No one with any personal interest is questioning the findings of the coroner or the investigation of his death.

Let the man's family retain some semblance of privacy and dignity. 

Absolutely.  Let the morbidly curious/suspicious subscribe to ID TV.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, BlackberryJam said:

No one else was there. There was no foul play, but people won't be satisfied until the evidence, to which they have no right, is released, and it shows he was engaging in unconventional masturbation.

Um, what? Did I miss hearing about something?

I figured Bob might have told his wife on the phone... "Hey honey, I banged my head really hard tonight. I'm going to go on and get some rest. Love you  Good night!" The investigators talk to her and it coincides with what the medical examiner found. That makes the most sense to me. Of course, I am not sure if my theory contradicts anything that's known.  I honestly can't tell in these articles what is actual reporting and what is just conjecture.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

They look like Ma and Pa Kettle.

Apart from not having about 15 children, you're right re Mr. Rodgers and Miss Woodley. Of course, a good part of the humor  of Ma and Pa Kettle was trying to imagine the somewhat. .. .dauntingly  intimidating Marjorie Main having  er. ..gone to town with the meek, little Percy Kilbride those 15 or so times! Oh well, I guess it's just as well as Mr. Rodgers and Miss Woodley broke up before they had had one much less 15 young uns! 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Popples said:

Aaron Rodgers doesn't seem like he's been happy for several years. About anything.

Even before his spiral down the conspiracy theory toilet, he's just seemed miserable since about 2016.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 11
33 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Nick Cannon’s philosophy on why he creates children with different women.  Man, he’s a real piece of work.  I never thought he was like this.  Apparently, it is based on narcissism.  

https://people.com/parents/nick-cannon-says-monogamy-isnt-healthy-as-he-reveals-whether-his-children-were-all-planned/

Remember when we thought he was the stable one in his marriage to Mariah Carey? Oh how times have changed.

• Love 11
47 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

Remember when we thought he was the stable one in his marriage to Mariah Carey? Oh how times have changed.

Even more shocking is that I can remember folks being surprised he'd sired those twins with Miss Carey since many thought he was supposed to be gay and their union was allegedly a white marriage/beard. Talk about projections and whacked gaydars!

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 6