Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, GaT said:

Um, what? Did I miss hearing about something?

No, it’s just an example of an explanation that would probably make people accept that nothing nefarious is happening.

People are focusing way to much on the location of the fractures. The structure of the brain makes injures directly opposite the point of impact common enough that they have a name for them, contrecoup injuries. The key thing from the autopsy information released is the force required and that there is only evidence of one impact.

It’s a locked room mystery. They know who was in the room and they have basic details on how he must have been hurt. Maybe there is evidence suggesting the headboard is what he hit and evidence that point to how he got into a position to hit his head with that kind of force. Maybe it is just their best guess and it’s just as likely as him slipping in the bathroom. What difference does it make? Those details are not going to change the basic facts. All the endless speculation does is prolong the suffering of those who are grieving who do have all the details and are satisfied with the conclusion. 

Edited by Guest
4 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

Aaron Rodgers doesn't seem like he's been happy for several years. About anything.

Even before his spiral down the conspiracy theory toilet, he's just seemed miserable since about 2016.

He's seemed very unhappy since his relationship with Olivia Munn ended.  

I love her.  But she seems happy with her new BF and baby boy.   Meanwhile, Aaron has spiraled and become a weirdo.  He probably needs therapy more than a new girlfriend.  

• Love 9
5 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

Bless her heart, women are SO much more than their looks.  No matter how much money she made over the years, even a beautiful woman like that can have paralyzing self doubt.   It's a good lesson for any woman to remember.  

Very brave of her to come forward with her story.  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Love 16
13 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

He's seemed very unhappy since his relationship with Olivia Munn ended.  

I love her.  But she seems happy with her new BF and baby boy.   Meanwhile, Aaron has spiraled and become a weirdo.  He probably needs therapy more than a new girlfriend.  

There's been long standing whispers that Aaron Rodgers is secretly gay (maybe bisexual?) and Olivia Munn was his beard. 

I did think he was a really bad fit with Shailene, who's more along the Hippie Granola Cali girl vibe. Dude seems happier with the Glam Hollywood crowd.

• Love 7
On 2/16/2022 at 4:20 PM, Crashcourse said:

I never watched Full House and I didn't know much about Saget and how beloved he apparently was.  I just wish I hadn't seen that clip of his Aristocrat's "joke" because that's all I will remember about him.  Sad.  

I agree. It ruined it for me (sexual abuse of children is not amusing, imo) and I’m a little surprised it hasn’t come up since his death.  What about accountability? Well, he’s dead, so there can’t be now. Still……it’s bothersome.  All I can figure is that most Full House fans aren’t aware of The Aristocrats content.  

• Love 6
8 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

There's been long standing whispers that Aaron Rodgers is secretly gay (maybe bisexual?) and Olivia Munn was his beard. 

I did think he was a really bad fit with Shailene, who's more along the Hippie Granola Cali girl vibe. Dude seems happier with the Glam Hollywood crowd.

Could be.  When his little brother Jordan was on "The Bachelorette" in 2016, and chosen by JoJo Fletcher, the was a lot of scuttlebutt that the religious conservatism of the family, and that Aaron & Olivia were living together without being married, contributed to the breakup.  Aaron didn't participate in the traditional "family visit" for the finalists, so rampant speculaltion ensued.  Funny that Jordan & JoJo have been shacked up since then, "engaged" but no actual legal marriage that we know of.   Wouldn't be surprised if Aaron plays for the other team. 

And I remember she was a guest on a "Top Chef" episode as a proponent of "gathering" local plants & such, and "hosted" a vegan dinner.  The cheftestants hated the whole thing, and she came off so smug and unlikable.  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I agree. It ruined it for me (sexual abuse of children is not amusing, imo) and I’m a little surprised it hasn’t come up since his death.  What about accountability? Well, he’s dead, so there can’t be now. Still……it’s bothersome.  All I can figure is that most Full House fans aren’t aware of The Aristocrats content.  

I think it hasn’t come up because, at least to me, the context does make it different. It wasn’t supposed to be amusing. It was supposed to be the most outrageous and over-the-top version of the same joke everyone else was telling. The joke is that people will do deplorable things to be famous. It was supposed to be awful. It apparently wasn’t a subject he regularly included in his comedy. To me calling that out wouldn’t be accountability when he wasn’t defending it even at the time. 

9 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

There's been long standing whispers that Aaron Rodgers is secretly gay (maybe bisexual?) 

I could see that.  It's not that I get any kind of vibe from him but if it was true I would not be surprised.

9 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I do think Aaron adopts the lifestyle of who he is with. Olivia was glamorous and Shailene was not.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Dani said:

I think it hasn’t come up because, at least to me, the context does make it different. It wasn’t supposed to be amusing. It was supposed to be the most outrageous and over-the-top version of the same joke everyone else was telling. The joke is that people will do deplorable things to be famous. It was supposed to be awful. It apparently wasn’t a subject he regularly included in his comedy. To me calling that out wouldn’t be accountability when he wasn’t defending it even at the time. 

This. It's an old, old joke that virtually every comedian has heard/learned/recited at some point. 

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Annber03 said:

This. It's an old, old joke that virtually every comedian has heard/learned/recited at some point. 

Exactly.  It is a "joke of the profession" kind of thing that I don't think was ever meant for public consumption.  But people started hearing about it and someone created a documentary. The point of the joke is to morph it into the most offensive, low, dark and inappropriate "joke" ever.  The comedy is in how far someone is willing to go more than the actual joke.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I don't have much use for Kim Kardashian on general principle, but everything Kanye is doing to force-stop their divorce seems like it's a "if I can't have you no one else can" scenario happening in slow motion.

Kanye West Challenges Kim Kardashian's Request to Be Legally Single amid Divorce

I don't know exactly what his 'right of reimbursement' is or why he wants it to stay intact if either of them dies (before March, apparently), but all of this is just weird and not good news.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 12

"Neither of them was happy" is such a weird quote from "a source" in the days of super polished PR statements about conscious uncoupling

Pretty sure I remember Olivia suggesting as much 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Kanye west's behavior is triggering anyone who isn't batshit crazy

Speaking strictly for myself, the Former/Formal Mr. West's behavior is annoying rather than triggering- as it's been as long as I've heard of him.

All semi-kidding aside, though, I genuinely hope and pray that Miss Kardasian and their offspring can move forward without him attempting any kind of violent intimidation- AND that it's been spelled out that charges would be pressed and book thrown at him to the MAX if he does more than verbally dis any of them.

9 hours ago, aradia22 said:

"Neither of them was happy" is such a weird quote from "a source" in the days of super polished PR statements about conscious uncoupling

Pretty sure I remember Olivia suggesting as much 

When did Olivia suggest he was gay? I don’t remember hearing anything about it. I’m not one who “accuses”people of lying about their sexuality. If he says he is straight I believe him. I didn’t get married until I was 37 for many reasons but that didn’t mean I was gay. I actually think he is a Leonardo DiCaprio type who wants to play the field as long as he can. I liked him with Olivia and not so much with Shailene. He has always been a bit of an odd duck though and probably hard to live with . As a life long Packers fan I have to say we love him as a player but acknowledge he is a strange dude.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I don't know exactly what his 'right of reimbursement' is or why he wants it to stay intact if either of them dies (before March, apparently), but all of this is just weird and not good news.

I watch far too many crime shows because as soon as I hear "if either of them dies", especially if there is an expiration date on it, I fear for the life of the other party. given this is Kanye, a man who does not seem to be of sound mind, it makes me think Kim better get herself a VERY loyal bodyguard. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
8 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I watch far too many crime shows because as soon as I hear "if either of them dies", especially if there is an expiration date on it, I fear for the life of the other party. given this is Kanye, a man who does not seem to be of sound mind, it makes me think Kim better get herself a VERY loyal bodyguard. 

Very true.  I can’t help but feel the Kayne obsession may end badly:(.  In my state, there is a crime called Cyber Stalking.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 9

Love Wedding Repeat star Olivia Munn hinted that one of her ex-boyfriends - who was 'the worst at having sex' - was actually a closeted gay man.

'Every time we had sex, every time: Dark. Spooning from behind,' the half-Chinese 40-year-old dished on the Good For You Podcast with Whitney Cummings last Saturday.

'Lights off, lights out. It was like, spooning from behind, so it's like you don't have to see my face, you have to see that it's a girl.'  

Munn grew even more suspicious that her unnamed beau only performed oral sex on her twice in the 'years' they were a couple.

'And I asked him once and said, "Why don't you ever go down? By the way, I don't want you to. But I'm just wondering why because I feel like most guys I can't get out of my vagina and I'm like you have to fake it all the time,"' Olivia (born Lisa) recalled during the three-hour interview.

The University of Oklahoma grad continued: 'He's like, "Well, I just haven't had a lot of, you know, experience doing it." And I was like, "Oh." And that's when I was also like, "Um, he may like [men] instead," you know? It might be his kind of game and stuff."...

'I got evidence about something, and then I put the other pieces together. I was like, "Oh, that's what all that [was]."' 

Article from August 2020. Daily Mail is a nightmare but it was coming from Whitney Cummings' podcast. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8625757/Olivia-Munn-hints-one-exes-closeted-homosexual-fake-time.html

When did Olivia suggest he was gay? 

I'm not saying it's true, but she definitely suggested it. 

• Useful 6
1 hour ago, aradia22 said:

Article from August 2020. Daily Mail is a nightmare but it was coming from Whitney Cummings' podcast. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8625757/Olivia-Munn-hints-one-exes-closeted-homosexual-fake-time.html

That just lowers my opinion of her. If a man talked about an ex in that way it would be disgusting. 

I hate closeted gay rumors. It’s not salacious. It is extremely sad that there are still environments where it is not safe for people to come out. Rogers is an ass but he also works in a horrible environment for queer men. There are nearly 1700 active roster NFL players at any given time and exactly 1 of them is openly gay. Basic statistics tells us there are dozens of closeted players.  Rumors and innuendo help no one. 

I also hate the daily mail. Repeated referring to her as “the half-Chinese 40-year-old”.

Edited by Guest
30 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

She suggested one of her exes was gay but she has had quite a few exes, famous exes, that have lasted about 2 years or so. She seems to have decided the ex is gay based on bad sex when this ex could just be bad at sex. Or they're just sexually incompatible.

I think people thinking it's Rodgers is because there's a rumor combustion.  Her penchant for 2-ish-year-long relationships with famous men have made rumor mongers accuse her of being a professional beard.  In another dark corners of the internet,  posters decided a former friend/roommate of Aaron's was really a boyfriend based solely on the fact that they were roommates early in his career. Put it all together and people think she was talking about her football player ex.

But I haven't read anything to suggest she gave more clues about who she was actually talking about.  The only thing I take from that is messy. 

4 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I actually think he is a Leonardo DiCaprio type who wants to play the field as long as he can.

I think Leo wants to date the models he dates.  I think Rodgers dates actresses because it makes him look like a "normal" human being. I don't think he actually cares much about romantic relationships.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

That Olivia Munn interview is gross. Gross about her, what she said about her ex, grossly written. Just everything is gross.

There have been rumors about Aaron Rodgers being gay or bisexual for a long time, long before Olivia. And it’s fine. If he’s bi, that’s fine. If he’s gay, that’s fine. If he’s straight, that’s fine. Maybe if we all just shrug about it and be like, “yeah, lots of people are gay/bi, it ain’t no big thing that Aaron Rodgers is,” then we’d go further towards normalizing and accepting individual sexuality. There are certainly closeted NFL players, and I wish they’d feel comfortable just being who they are and not having to hide it. At the same time, it’s their business and they can handle it in whatever way makes them most comfortable. 

• Love 20
26 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

She suggested one of her exes was gay but she has had quite a few exes, famous exes, that have lasted about 2 years or so. She seems to have decided the ex is gay based on bad sex when this ex could just be bad at sex. Or they're just sexually incompatible.

I think people thinking it's Rodgers is because there's a rumor combustion.  Her penchant for 2-ish-year-long relationships with famous men have made rumor mongers accuse her of being a professional beard.  In another dark corners of the internet,  posters decided a former friend/roommate of Aaron's was really a boyfriend based solely on the fact that they were roommates early in his career. Put it all together and people think she was talking about her football player ex.

But I haven't read anything to suggest she gave more clues about who she was actually talking about.  The only thing I take from that is messy. 

I think Leo wants to date the models he dates.  I think Rodgers dates actresses because it makes him look like a "normal" human being. I don't think he actually cares much about romantic relationships.

But unless you know Rodgers personally you don’t know that he isn’t interested in romantic relationships or that Leo is. Saying he must be gay because he once has a male roommate is something only said about men. Would a woman be accused of being gay because she had a female roommate? A lot of the previous rumors were from websites and groups that trash talk the Packers because they are fans of other teams. He might be gay or bi but until he says he is I’m  reserving judgment.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Very true.  I can’t help but feel the Kayne obsession may end badly:(.  It my state, there is a crime called Cyber Stalking.  

I fear for the kids here.  Kim has enough money to protect herself, but the kids are another story while Kanye has custody.  

50 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Oliva is the epitome of pick me girl.  In her mind, the only men who don't want to have sex with her or are terrible in bed with her are gay men.  The fault lies in the man, never her.  

• Love 15

She seems to have decided the ex is gay based on bad sex when this ex could just be bad at sex. Or they're just sexually incompatible.

Oliva is the epitome of pick me girl.  In her mind, the only men who don't want to have sex with her or are terrible in bed with her are gay men.  The fault lies in the man, never her.  

I mean, IF it happened as she described it, that's a really specific way of being bad in bed. I don't think she's a pick me to call that out as deeply weird and impersonal to the point of being degrading. If anything, it's more pick me to stay and put up with that for years.

Anyway, I don't particularly care about his sexuality but I just wanted to make it clear I didn't pull the rumor out of thin air.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, aradia22 said:

I mean, IF it happened as she described it, that's a really specific way of being bad in bed. I don't think she's a pick me to call that out as deeply weird and impersonal to the point of being degrading. If anything, it's more pick me to stay and put up with that for years.

To call it out to him isn’t bad. To call it out on a podcast knowing full well there will be endless speculation is a very different thing. Her whole he must be gay because he doesn’t do something I don’t even want him to do is what made her her look the worst. Sure it must be because he doesn’t like vaginas and doesn’t want to be reminded that your a woman. It can’t possibly be that he picked up on the fact that you don’t want him to do it. Nope must be gay. Once again, I’m stuck on how a man would be judged for making the same statements. 

On 2/18/2022 at 4:01 PM, Annber03 said:

Exactly, and the performance of it by Saget was from a documentary called The Aristocrats which was about how comedians are always trying to top each other and how that particular joke has become a way for them to try to gross one another out by using the most disgusting images possible.  Saget was one of many comics who told the joke in the doc; his version was particularly graphic, I will say that.

• Love 5

I just read the article and tend to agree that her immediately assuming that made him gay says way more about her than him. In the amount of time it took me to read that article and retrieve some cake to fortify myself before commenting, I immediately thought of several plausible reasons, including but not limited to him actually being inexperienced, him being asexual and not liking sex with anyone, him being a selfish asshole with very specific preferences and no interest in anyone else's needs, and him just not particularly liking sex with her. I think I officially put more thought into this than she did. It's still certainly possible he's closeted, but the fact she can't think of any other reasons tells me she's pretty limited in her imagination and/or reasoning abilities. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 18
12 minutes ago, Zella said:

I just read the article and tend to agree that her immediately assuming that made him gay says way more about her than him. In the amount of time it took me to read that article and retrieve some cake to fortify myself before commenting, I immediately thought of several plausible reasons, including but not limited to him actually being inexperienced, him being asexual and not liking sex with anyone, him being a selfish asshole with very specific preferences and no interest in anyone else's needs, and him just not particularly liking sex with her. I think I officially put more thought into this than she did. It's still certainly possible he's closeted, but the fact she can't think of any other reasons tells me she's pretty limited in her imagination and/or reasoning abilities. 

Yep, there are literally dozens of reasons why he didn't perform as she expected in bed and for anyone to jump to the conclusion that he's probably gay is really reaching.  She herself said it was an activity that she didn't particularly care about; perhaps she told him what she did like and he concentrated on that instead of things she wasn't requesting.  And, if she somehow discovered other information that confirmed that he was not strictly hetero, well, that was not her story to tell.

In any event, it doesn't make Olivia Munn look like a particularly good person, that she would share this information with a tabloid for the whole world to read, even if she didn't name the guy.  She knows her dating history is out there in public.  Shut up, Olivia.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 20
8 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Yep, there are literally dozens of reasons why he didn't perform as she expected in bed and for anyone to jump to the conclusion that he's probably gay is really reaching.  She herself said it was an activity that she didn't particularly care about; perhaps she told him what she did like and he concentrated on that instead of things she wasn't requesting.  And, if she somehow discovered other information that confirmed that he was not strictly hetero, well, that was not her story to tell.

In any event, it doesn't make Olivia Munn look like a particularly good person, that she would share this information with a tabloid for the whole world to read, even if she didn't name the guy.  She knows her dating history is out there in public.  Shut up, Olivia.

She reminds me of some British politician (I forget who) who , roughly 3 decades go, ruffled feathers by claiming that 10 percent of all French men were gay - and the 'proof' was that that proportion didn't ogle her when she vacationed there. Maybe at least some of them were hetero but simply didn't find her worth ogling for reasons ranging from not individually finding her attractive to not wanting to risk any trouble. Sheesh, what an ego!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

To me it's almost worse that she didn't name the guy given she's dated more than one famous person. So even those "not guilty" of the horrible crime of not wanting to do something she didn't even want done would be fodder for the haters.

Someone else's sexual preferences shouldn't be your business to share unless your sex partner is into something harmful (like if he liked little children or liked eating human flesh) in which case, do tell the police, ASAP. Otherwise, Olivia Munn, it's no one else's business why he didn't want you enough to satisfy your ego. 

• Love 11
19 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

A friend of mine went through something similar and thought it was her. She felt like she wasn't pretty enough for her now ex. I do think if you're used to men who initiate sex all the time, like to look at you and can't "get out of your vagina" as Olivia said, it can throw you off when one doesn't. 

I don't condone the interview and feel bad for all her exes, but if you're attractive and have good hygiene, I can understand wondering what the issue is. Are there many straight men who want lights off and hate going down on women? In my experience even when we're self-conscious of how we look, smell, taste, men really like to see everything and please. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Are there many straight men who want lights off and hate going down on women? In my experience even when we're self-conscious of how we look, smell, taste, men really like to see everything and please. 

I haven't personally conducted this survey, but I wouldn't assume that there were NO straight men who didn't have this particular activity high on their list of things to do.  Nor would I ever be so presumptuous as to think there was only one possible reason why a particular man wasn't as interested as others had been.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Are there many straight men who want lights off and hate going down on women? In my experience even when we're self-conscious of how we look, smell, taste, men really like to see everything and please. 

She didn’t actually say he said he hated it. She inferred that when he said he didn’t have a lot of experience which your point about women being self-conscious may play a big role in that. Studies back that up suggesting men may be less likely to give oral sex because women are less likely to feel comfortable with it. 

Even she says she doesn’t like it. An attitude of, I don’t want you to do it but what’s wrong if you for not wanting to do it anyway is extremely messed up. You’re an adult use your damn words. She had no problem using them a podcast to suggest the guy is gay. 

Study: Men Receive More Oral Sex Than They Give

But women were slightly more likely to report performing oral sex than men (59% vs. 52%), and far more men (63% vs. 44%) reported receiving it. On the whole, though, people enjoy oral sex: 73% of men and 69% (heh) of women reported that the oral sex they received was "very pleasurable."

So far, this paints a stereotypical picture of men as appreciative but lazy receivers — but things get weird. Men are way more likely (52% vs. 28%) than women to say that giving oral sex is "very pleasurable." That sounds small, but the researchers note that most participants responded that giving oral sex was only "somewhat pleasurable." But if men are so gung-ho about munching rug, why are we apparently less likely to do so? According to the researchers, in some instances the ladies might be getting in their own way.

“Women indicated that they would not be comfortable receiving oral sex from a partner unless they had just finished showering/bathing, due to feelings of self-consciousness about the way they smelled. This interfered with their ability to focus on their own pleasure and led to feelings of anxiety when receiving oral sex was a possibility,” they wrote.

I don't condone the interview and feel bad for all her exes, but if you're attractive and have good hygiene, I can understand wondering what the issue is. Are there many straight men who want lights off and hate going down on women? In my experience even when we're self-conscious of how we look, smell, taste, men really like to see everything and please. 

I feel like everyone is fixating on the oral sex when I'm much more disturbed by lights off from behind. Like, one can just be selfish but the other is... basically using someone's body like a fleshlight. I do agree that leaving it open to speculation and going on a podcast wasn't the right way to go about airing her grievances. Sure, it didn't get that much traction, but the tabloids did pick it up because somehow they manage to stay tapped in to all the celebrity podcasts.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

I feel like everyone is fixating on the oral sex when I'm much more disturbed by lights off from behind. Like, one can just be selfish but the other is... basically using someone's body like a fleshlight. I do agree that leaving it open to speculation and going on a podcast wasn't the right way to go about airing her grievances. Sure, it didn't get that much traction, but the tabloids did pick it up because somehow they manage to stay tapped in to all the celebrity podcasts.

The thing is that everyone comes to the discussion with there own preferences. What one person find disturbing is what another can find enjoyable. Some people are open and some are less comfortable with sex. That doesn’t make either person bad. Maybe it’s unhealthy, maybe isn’t just enjoying different sensations or maybe he just thought she liked it. All it really means is that they weren’t compatible and apparently didn’t actually talk to each other. 

What she said about oral sex is more telling to me because it indicates that she wasn’t making her needs and wants known and you really can’t judge the other person for not being a mind reader. 

Edited by Guest
21 hours ago, Dani said:

She didn’t actually say he said he hated it. She inferred that when he said he didn’t have a lot of experience which your point about women being self-conscious may play a big role in that. Studies back that up suggesting men may be less likely to give oral sex because women are less likely to feel comfortable with it. 

Even she says she doesn’t like it. An attitude of, I don’t want you to do it but what’s wrong if you for not wanting to do it anyway is extremely messed up. You’re an adult use your damn words. She had no problem using them a podcast to suggest the guy is gay. 

Study: Men Receive More Oral Sex Than They Give

It's possible he had been with women who didn't want to receive, but I don't think a man should assume his partner doesn't? As a late bloomer, I always wanted to please and would think most inexperienced people do. My mind also went to hate going down because based on my experience and chats with friends, most men like doing it. But it seems like the guys who don't aren't just neutral, the act grosses them out. I had a friend who went through this many years ago. She'd give but wouldn't receive even though she wanted to. Her partner thought giving oral to a woman was gross but a woman giving was no big deal. It didn't seem fair to me. 

21 hours ago, aradia22 said:

Yes, lights off from behind surprised me much more than the no oral. I can see it maybe not being a guy's favorite thing to do or being traumatized if you've been with funky women or something. (I can relate to being self-conscious, and as a straight woman do not see the appeal of vaginas.) But I haven't heard too many stories where men want the lights off like that. Just like men are less self-conscious getting oral, they're also typically less self-conscious of their bodies but want to see ours. 

Again, I think we all agree Olivia was wrong for going public with any of this, just saying I can see her mind going where it did. If I were a man, I'd be leery dating her after all this. I'd worry about being good enough and whether or not she'd imply things on a podcast. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

As a late bloomer, I always wanted to please and would think most inexperienced people do.

I think it is generally a mistake to assume all or even most people react the same way. Sex is a subject where unhealthy attitudes and hang-ups are extremely prevalent. All I am saying is that there are a lot of potential reasons for what she described and immediately assuming it means he is gay may be understandable but is extremely unhelpful and hurtful to those who are outside of “normal”. Blanket statements about what most men or women like kills actual communication and growth in terms of normalizing a broad range of perfectly healthy sexual desires and a lack of sexual desires leading to unhealthy and hurtful behavior. 

My mind also went to hate going down because based on my experience and chats with friends, most men like doing it. But it seems like the guys who don't aren't just neutral, the act grosses them out. I had a friend who went through this many years ago. She'd give but wouldn't receive even though she wanted to. Her partner thought giving oral to a woman was gross but a woman giving was no big deal. It didn't seem fair to me. 

I think that’s a normal thought process buts it’s also one that needs to challenged in society as a whole. Of course there are people who are just neutral. Traditionally the world has tried to shove people in sexual box of what is “normal”. We are improving but it’s leads to a lot of people trying to be “normal” and ignoring or even denying their own desires or their lack of desire. Sex shouldn’t be about quid pro quo. It should be about communication and finding a person whose desires are compatible with yours and whose incompatibilities are acceptable. Too often people try and take a relationship where they are fundamentally incompatible and force themselves or the other person to change to be acceptable and it lead to dysfunction. That sound like what happened in this situation. 

Just like men are less self-conscious getting oral, they're also typically less self-conscious of their bodies but want to see ours. 

It’s actually not true that men are less self conscious of their bodies. A study of British men found they were actually more insecure about their bodies than women. 

More than four in five men (80.7%) talk in ways that promote anxiety about their body image by referring to perceived flaws and imperfections, compared with 75% of women. Similarly, 38% of men would sacrifice at least a year of their life in exchange for a perfect body – again, a higher proportion than women.

This has been backed up with other studies that show the numbers a pretty much equal. 

Edited by Guest
14 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

Yep, particularly the not going down on women part.  Although a lot of those come from extremely religious backgrounds with some seriously fucked-up ideas about sex.

Edited to note that I do not know if this might be the case for Aaron Rodgers, nor do I care.  But Olivia Munn's interview is pretty unclassy, imo.

Famous sopranos scene about this with uncle junior.  

• Love 2
On 2/19/2022 at 12:09 PM, Mabinogia said:

That and a trusty guard dog - the sooner the better.