Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

Awkwafina announced Saturday she’s quitting Twitter, following ongoing accusations of cultural appropriation.

The Golden Globe-winning actress and comedian took to social media to address her controversial use of African American Vernacular English — often referred to as a “blaccent” — in some of her performances.

[...] A few hours after her original Twitter post Saturday, Awkwafina shared another tweet saying that she was taking a break from the microblogging network.

“Well, I’ll see you in a few years, Twitter — per my therapist. To my fans, thank you for continuing to love and support someone who wishes they could be a better person for you. I apologize if I ever fell short, in anything I did. You’re in my heart always,” she wrote, adding a red heart emoji.

• Useful 5
5 minutes ago, GaT said:
2 hours ago, PepSinger said:

Cause of Death Determined for Bob Saget

People, please take falls or any kind of head trauma seriously. 🥺

I was astounded when I read this, everyone thought it was a heart attack. I wonder how they know he accidentally hit his head? How do they know somebody didn't hit him?

Because there is no evidence that someone him? Sometimes a rose is just a rose.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, GaT said:

I was astounded when I read this, everyone thought it was a heart attack. I wonder how they know he accidentally hit his head? How do they know somebody didn't hit him?

I'm sure it will all come out in the open when Reelz Autopsy is aired.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Bastet said:

I have no idea how involved Dolly Parton was in this decision, but the company that co-owns and operates Dollywood with her (and also counts the Harlem Globetrotters among its subsidiaries) has announced an upcoming program by which any of its 11,000 employees - whether full-time, part-time, or seasonal - can get tuition, fees, and books completely paid for by the company if they enroll in an approved program (there are over 100 to choose from). 

Dolly just keeps being amazing.   I'm sure she was involved considering how much she supports education.  

• Love 23
12 hours ago, GaT said:

Don't know how accurate but TMZ says "We've been told authorities don't know what object Bob hit with his head, but the back of his head featured an obvious bruise ... and officials think Bob didn't know how badly he was injured."

ETA: I misread your post, thinking it was asking how they knew he hit his head and missed the rest of question. Oops, that doesn't answer your question. :)

Edited by AheadofStraight
  • Useful 3
8 minutes ago, AheadofStraight said:

Don't know how accurate but TMZ says "We've been told authorities don't know what object Bob hit with his head, but the back of his head featured an obvious bruise ... and officials think Bob didn't know how badly he was injured."

In my experience, TMZ is very accurate with celebrity death reporting. They're scuzzy, but they have good connections and are good at getting inside scoops from law enforcement, courtrooms, and hospitals. I remember when other outlets were reporting Tom Petty as dead, they didn't--and they were correct. Then they broke the news when he actually did pass. 

• Love 14
11 hours ago, Zella said:

In my experience, TMZ is very accurate with celebrity death reporting. They're scuzzy, but they have good connections and are good at getting inside scoops from law enforcement, courtrooms, and hospitals. I remember when other outlets were reporting Tom Petty as dead, they didn't--and they were correct. Then they broke the news when he actually did pass. 

They are almost always accurate with at least the early, basic details of a story.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

They are almost always accurate with at least the early, basic details of a story.

Yep! That's why, to my everlasting shame, when one of my coworkers shouted "Tom Petty's dead!" I immediately rushed to TMZ's website and then shouted back at her "Don't trust that--TMZ's not saying he's dead!" I felt like an asshole, but I ended up being right. We then got to repeat this ridiculousness later that day when he was actually confirmed as dead. "Now they're saying Tom Petty's dead again!" "Yes he is. TMZ said so." 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

*blinks* Well this wasn't on anyone's radar.

Anderson Cooper announces birth of second child.

The CNN anchor announced live on air Thursday that he and his best friend, Benjamin Maisani, have welcomed their second child, a boy named Sebastian Luke Maisani-Cooper.

Sebastian, who weighed 6.8 pounds at birth and was born via surrogate, joins nearly 22-month-old brother, Wyatt.

“He is healthy and happy and even his occasional hiccups are to me adorable,” Cooper told viewers. “He mostly just sleeps and eats, and he certainly poops, but he already seems like a wise and thoughtful little chap.”

Sebastian, like Wyatt, will be raised by both Cooper and his former partner, Maisani.

• Love 10
20 hours ago, Zella said:

In my experience, TMZ is very accurate with celebrity death reporting. They're scuzzy, but they have good connections and are good at getting inside scoops from law enforcement, courtrooms, and hospitals

That's because TMZ's good connections and sources is better known as TMZ money. TMZ knows plenty of people will have no decency to get some of it. 

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

The U.S. Figure Skating Association put out this video of former Olympic gold medalists welcoming Nathan Chen to the "club". Lots of familiar faces for those of us who followed the sport over the years. 

Edited by MissAlmond
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

*blinks* Well this wasn't on anyone's radar.

Anderson Cooper announces birth of second child.

I didn't expect him to have a 2nd one but why not? The only thing that truly gives me pause is that Mr. Cooper went ahead and had  this one with someone he calls his ex- companion, yet the two of them have been living under the same roof and have been already co-parenting the baby's older brother Wyatt. So how 'ex' can Mr. Maisani truly be? Not that it's any of my biz but.. .

On a bit of a trivial note, I wonder if Mr. Cooper will explain why the significance of the names for their 2nd born son as he did with the firstborn.

All the above said, the only important thing here is that the baby's (and hopefully the surrogate mother) healthy and the family is happy!

• Love 7

Trust me, living in the same house and continuing to be in a romantic relationship do not automatically corelate.  I lived with a former couple who still lived together and were friends who raised their son together for the stability of it. Their son has autism and when they attempted to separate when they broke up.... it did not go well.  This lasted..... 6 years.

Now, when/if these gentlemen decide to move on to cohabitate with a different partner... that will be the test of the situation.  I'm happy for Anderson and his friend that they have a new baby and for their older son who gets a little brother.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

That's because TMZ's good connections and sources is better known as TMZ money. TMZ knows plenty of people will have no decency to get some of it. 

Oh for sure. But I think Harvey's past life as a lawyer helps. I read a pretty interesting article a few years ago that talked about how he emphasizes the importance of having tipsters in places like courthouses but he is also really big on using public records that a lot of other tabloids never even thought about using and ensuring what they're reporting is not actionable from a legal standpoint, so really making sure their ducks are in a row on big breaking news. It also talked about his childhood with his dad running a liquor business and why he saw TMZ as some of evening the scales against celebrities after he watched them get passes on drunk driving all the time as a kid. I could see where he was coming from and my inner research nerd has an appreciation for someone who consistently scoops the competition by artfully using public records. My inner ethical philosopher is equally troubled by how scummy and gross the whole thing is, but I will give him credit where credit is due, and because of that, if TMZ is reporting some major breaking celebrity news, I do tend to believe them. 

• Useful 8
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Zella said:

My inner ethical philosopher is equally troubled by how scummy and gross the whole thing is,

I may be the only one but I don't see TMZ as scummy. The majority of their 'interviews' are at airports, restaurants, clubs or know hangouts. It's mainly of people or people who want to be seen or heard. The people who don't want to talk to them, don't. They seem kinda respectful to the people they talk to. Every now and then someone is caught coming out of a grocery store but I don't recall any climbing over fence stuff.

In the past year their tour bus seems to spot more people and alot of those people come on the bus and talk to whoever is there.

Also I like that they make fun of themselves all the time.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, xfuse said:

I may be the only one but I don't see TMZ as scummy. The majority of their 'interviews' are at airports, restaurants, clubs or know hangouts. It's mainly of people or people who want to be seen or heard. The people who don't want to talk to them, don't. They seem kinda respectful to the people they talk to. Every now and then someone is caught coming out of a grocery store but I don't recall any climbing over fence stuff.

Maybe they've changed but doesn't Harvey work on trading information?  Give me the dirt on someone and I'll keep this secret?  And then they release that dirt? 

I mean yes, the interviews are one aspect of their business and they have convinced starts it's easier to work with them but that doesn't mean it's completely innocuous.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Maybe they've changed but doesn't Harvey work on trading information?  Give me the dirt on someone and I'll keep this secret?  And then they release that dirt? 

I really don't think so. Almost everything on the show is 'interviews' of people they run into. Most of those people want to be seen and heard.

They do quote sources at times but that seems more like paid informants or people close to the person they are talking about. None of it seems only information from one source. The tv show has three lawyers and they do bring up legal from time to time.

They also were one of the shows who pointed out certain celebrity calling the paps on themselves so they could get their picture in the magazines or on shows. 

Harvey has had a few interview specials on Fox more in the style of Oprah than Jerry Springer. He does seemed respected by alot of people.

• Love 2

I never said TMZ/Harvey Levin's information wasn't accurate.  I said he pays for those connections and sources which Levin has openly admitted. I'm not about to praise a man for accuracy who, yes, as a lawyer keeps his own hands clean while happily paying those that do the dirty work like violating HIPAA laws. 

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Luckylyn said:

Billie Eilish Responds to Kanye "Ye" West's Plea to Apologize to Travis Scott

Wait, he thinks she should have left her fan in medical distress just so Travis Scott doesn’t look worse by comparison.  That’s just bonkers.   

Agree but when has the one formerly/(formally?) known as Mr. West NOT made 'bonkers' statements about things that were none of his business/concern? Seriously, I think social media needs to start just considering the source with him and IGNORE his  'bonkers' musings. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

Kanye's social media has been really unhinged lately, even by his standards. I may be wrong, but the vibe I get is he wants Kim to be jealous of his new whatever and she's not and he is not handling it well at all. He's also picking fights with long-term collaborators, having meltdowns about how Kim is parenting their daughter, insulting Pete Davidson, and then pleading with Kim to reconcile. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
On 2/11/2022 at 7:54 AM, MissAlmond said:

The U.S. Figure Skating Association put out this video of former Olympic gold medalists welcoming Nathan Chen to the "club". Lots of familiar faces for those of us who followed the sport over the years. 

Thanks for sharing @MissAlmond.  I don’t have Twitter, so I wouldn’t have seen it.  It was great seeing all the gold medalists, but I gotta ask…

Does Kristi Yamaguchi ever age?!  She’s still gorgeous as ever.

• Love 16
6 hours ago, Luckylyn said:

Wait, he thinks she should have left her fan in medical distress just so Travis Scott doesn’t look worse by comparison.  That’s just bonkers.  

He wasn't miffed about her pausing the show, he was pissed about her saying "I wait for people to be okay before I keep going", taking it as a diss at Scott.  Obviously, dude still needs to adopt STFU as his life motto, just clarifying what he was on about.

This is fantastic; he said (the caps are all his), "YES TRAV WILL BE WITH ME AT COACHELLA BUT NOW I NEED BILLIE TO APOLOGIZE BEFORE I PERFORM."  To which she replied (the lack of caps is all hers), "literally never said a thing about travis. was just helping a fan."  So, since she's obviously taking a hard pass on that apology, I guess that means he can't perform?  Gee, what a shame.

• Useful 3
  • Love 18
15 minutes ago, Bastet said:

This is fantastic; he said (the caps are all his), "YES TRAV WILL BE WITH ME AT COACHELLA BUT NOW I NEED BILLIE TO APOLOGIZE BEFORE I PERFORM."  To which she replied (the lack of caps is all hers), "literally never said a thing about travis. was just helping a fan."  So, since she's obviously taking a hard pass on that apology, I guess that means he can't perform?  Gee, what a shame.

Well, that makes me a fan of Billie. Anyone who can get Kanye to NOT perform is a-okay in my book. Also, good for her for saying she actually cares about the wellbeing of others. 

• Love 24
6 hours ago, roamyn said:

Thanks for sharing @MissAlmond.  I don’t have Twitter, so I wouldn’t have seen it.  It was great seeing all the gold medalists, but I gotta ask…

Does Kristi Yamaguchi ever age?!  She’s still gorgeous as ever.

Not just Kristi.  Carol Heiss Jenkins, gold medalist from 1960(!) is 82.  She's the blond standing with her husband, Hayes, the men's champion from 1956. I've actually met her and she's gorgeous in person, amazing cheekbones.

Tenley Albright, the first US women's gold medalist from 1956 is 86.  She's the one just before Dick Button talking about flying with Nathan on his jumps.  BTW, she went to Harvard Medical School and had a distinguished career as a trauma surgeon.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 4
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

I am by no means interested in any Kardashians, but Kim is very fortunate to have enough $$$ to afford security because Kanye is fucking crazy.  

Yes. Unfortunately, I could see this situation ending pretty badly, whether it's him getting violent with them or even hurting himself. After I posted that comment earlier today about how unhinged he's sounded on social media lately, he somehow managed to be even worse as the day wore on. He's posted something reassuring people his account has not been hacked and this is all him. I don't think it dawns on him that nobody thinks his account is hacked because a hacker isn't going to be posting this shit. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Not just Kristi.  Carol Heiss Jenkins, gold medalist from 1960(!) is 82.  She's the blond standing with her husband, Hayes, the men's champion from 1956. I've actually met her and she's gorgeous in person, amazing cheekbones.

Tenley Albright, the first US women's gold medalist from 1956 is 86.  She's the one just before Dick Button talking about flying with Nathan on his jumps.  BTW, she went to Harvard Medical School and had a distinguished career as a trauma surgeon.

I know Carol.  She used to coach down the street from me, in Lakewood Oh.

And yes, she’s looking gorgeous & spry as well. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, roamyn said:

Thanks for sharing @MissAlmond.

You're welcome @roamyn.

11 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Tenley Albright, the first US women's gold medalist from 1956 is 86.  She's the one just before Dick Button

With Dick Button being the first US male.  Having both Button and Albright on the video made it extra special. Congratulations to Nathan Chen in joining the club! 

• Love 12
10 hours ago, roamyn said:

I know Carol.  She used to coach down the street from me, in Lakewood Oh.

And yes, she’s looking gorgeous & spry as well. 

Hi, neighbor!  Sitting in my office in Lakewood at this moment.  As you know, Carol had a terrific career as a figure skating coach here at Winterhurst rink.  Her husband, Hayes, went to law school after his gold medal and was an attorney for one of the rubber companies in Akron until he retired, as I recall.  His brother, David, also a gold medalist, went to medical school and became a gastroenterologist.  Slackers, the whole bunch😉

Carol once told me that she had the chance to tour with an ice show after her gold medal but didn't because her mother wouldn't allow it. 'Nice girls don't skate in ice shows' is what she was told.  Instead, she made her one and only movie, the cinematic classic, 'Snow White and the Three Stooges' and said she made more money in a couple months than she would've skating in a show for a year.  She used the money for her wedding, retired and had 3 kids and started coaching after they were in school.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 4
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, Zella said:

Unfortunately, I could see this situation ending pretty badly, whether it's him getting violent with them or even hurting himself.

This is just like all those news stories we see where the ex husband just can't handle his ex wife moving on and he does something that ends tragically usually with a gun.

15 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I am by no means interested in any Kardashians, but Kim is very fortunate to have enough $$$ to afford security because Kanye is fucking crazy.  

Does he still see the kids?  Sometimes the kids are unfortunately collateral damage when an ex husband is mad at the ex wife.

10 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

Does he still see the kids?  Sometimes the kids are unfortunately collateral damage when an ex husband is mad at the ex wife.

Yes he sees them. He was at the Super Bowl with two of his kids wearing a hood over his head. One of the kids looked like she was dying of embarrassment. 

image.thumb.png.0499698484ccb408bbe7691e6754a802.png

Edited to add: when I grabbed this, I did see some pictures of him there without it. Not sure the sequence of events on him wearing it or how long he had it on. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
27 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yes he sees them. He was at the Super Bowl with the two girls wearing a hood over his head. One of the kids looked like she was dying of embarrassment. 

At first I was thinking he was trying to keep cold winter wind from his face.  Then I realized probably not in LA.  Use your head, Katy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, Katy M said:

At first I was thinking he was trying to keep cold winter wind from his face.  Then I realized probably not in LA.  Use your head, Katy.

The first time I saw him sporting this look was last summer, like July and August, in Atlanta. It had to be miserably hot in there. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 2

A YouTuber made a video about Kanye’s most recent behavior.  He just won’t let Kim go. He is not making the situation easier on the kids.  Although I agree with him about not wanting his kids on Tiktok I think the way he’s going about it is terrible.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

I love that the New York Post is breathlessly  reporting that Snoop Dogg smoked weed right before the Superbowl.

Uh. Duh.  It is Snoop.  Weed is practically a basic food group for Snoop.  Honestly, that is like reporting that Homer had a Duff beef after work.

I was texting my brother last night.  I asked him the over/under on bleeped fbombs.  His response, probably the same as the number of joints Snoop smoked before performing.  It's Snoop and weed is legal.  

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Well, that makes me a fan of Billie. Anyone who can get Kanye to NOT perform is a-okay in my book. Also, good for her for saying she actually cares about the wellbeing of others. 

I don't like her music, but this definitely raises my opinion of her as a person.

• Love 17
6 hours ago, Zella said:

Yes he sees them. He was at the Super Bowl with the two girls wearing a hood over his head. One of the kids looked like she was dying of embarrassment. 

image.thumb.png.0499698484ccb408bbe7691e6754a802.png

Edited to add: when I grabbed this, I did see some pictures of him there without it. Not sure the sequence of events on him wearing it or how long he had it on. 

Very reminiscent of Jacko.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2