Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

I watch Leverage and think she used a lot of the tricks a grifter like Sophie uses. Charm, charisma, telling people what they want to hear, preying on their desires and egos.

And as Leverage points out repeatedly (at least the new Redemption series) it's harder on "good" marks. The evil guy can be convinced that you're also a scammer because that's how he sees the world. All the rational, skeptical folks looking for actual evidence of her claims? No magical hacker to conjure up fake data. 

• Love 3

As we now prepare for Sunny’s trial, I wish to make a PSA to the prosecutors (who I am sure read this thread):  When Elizabeth Holmes offers to testify against him in exchange for a lighter sentence, remember that the jury rated her the least credible of all the witnesses at trial.

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Jason Mamoa and Lisa Bonet are "parting ways in marriage."  (The new conscious uncoupling or whatever Gwyneth and Chris Martin did.)

Didn't have that one on my bingo card. 

Awww... that's too bad they seemed so stable.

If her divorce with Lenny is any pattern, they may stay close.  Now we sit back and wait for 1) her to get a new guy and 2) she keeps her hot guy streak intact and 3) if he gets in on the Lenny/Jason bromance.

Edited by DearEvette
  • Love 22
9 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

If her divorce with Lenny is any pattern, they may stay close.  Now we sit back and wait for 1) her to get a new guy and 2) she keeps her hot guy streak intact and 3) if he gets in on the Lenny/Jason bromance.

Two might be a coincidence, but three is a pattern. I need her to snag another hot, brown dude . . . for science.

• LOL 23
6 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I know nothing about them beyond what I read here, but based on what has been posted of their relationship with Lenny Kravitz, they seem prime candidates for not just civility, but a good post-divorce relationship.

Yeah I really know nothing about them beyond highly approving of her taste in men, but I'd be disappointed if this got ugly or dramatic since they've seemed to manage to avoid that really well and seemed to be doing so genuinely and not just for show. 

• Love 12

Machine Gun Kelly and Megan Fox Are Engaged

The naturalism of the multiple camera angles

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYpcFruB2UB/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=d070431c-ec2f-4d20-bd00-1381b3152230

I think the ring is ugly but I've never liked large celeb engagement rings

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYpdvOgJ4eP/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=75ec1beb-bda3-4096-b360-828afa16e222

Edited by aradia22
  • LOL 3

Jamie Lynn Spears is speaking out again. In a new interview with ABC News anchor Juju Chang, Jamie Lynn talked about her relationship with her older sister, clarifying her involvement in Britney Spears’s conservatorship, and … promoted a new book? “It was really important to me to, first off, honor my voice,” she said, explaining why she decided to write her forthcoming book, Things I Should Have Said.

Growing up, Jamie Lynn said she “adored” Britney, saying she “felt like another mama.” However, as time went on, she remembered Britney’s behavior changing. In the book, per ABC News, she describes Britney’s behavior as “erratic,” “paranoid,” and “spiraling.” When asked how she believes Britney is doing now, Jamie Lynn said she “can’t really speak to anyone else’s state of mind. I don’t think that’s fair. But I’m allowed to say how I felt in those moments, because that matters. It matters that I was in pain.”

When talking about her involvement with Britney’s conservatorship, Jamie Lynn painted a different picture than Britney has previously described. Saying she has never held any kind of financial control over Britney’s estate, unlike her father, Jamie Lynn added that she even tried to help dissolve the conservatorship. “I’ve always been my sister’s biggest supporter, so when she needed help, I set up ways to do so,” she said, noting, “I went out of my way to make sure that Britney had the contacts she needed to possibly end this conservatorship.” She said she even spoke to Britney’s previous legal team, but that “did not end well,” though she didn’t clarify. “Everyone has a voice and it should be heard,” she continued, saying that said did her best to open those doors for Britney, but it was up to her sister to “walk through the door.”

When asked how she felt about Britney’s conservatorship termination, she said, “I was happy. I was.” 

When asked about how she feels about Britney today, Jamie Lynn replied tearfully, “That love is still there. One hundred percent. I love my sister. I’ve only ever loved and supported her and done what’s right by her, and she knows that, so I don’t know why we’re in this position right now.”

https://www.thecut.com/2022/01/jamie-lynn-spears-abc-news-interview.html

Hmn...

• Useful 6
12 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I wonder if Lucien Laviscount is available...

I initially misread this as Laszlo Cravensworth, and though Matt Berry (and Laszlo) certainly has his charms, I was very confused. LMAO 

• LOL 14

Looks like even Lisa and Jason can’t break the long term couple, short term marriage curse. I really liked them together. Oh, well.

Re: Megan Fox. Not a good look for a 35 year old mother of 3. Hope her daughter learns to do better than participate in this kind of BS for a man. Brian Austin Green scooped her up at such a young age, she never really had a chance to do dumb shit like this in her youth, but still. Ugh.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Based on Lisa Bonet's past behavior and Jason Momoa's general chill, I think this was just a decision of "we make great friends but should not be married."   I think they will remain friends and he will stay involved in the kids' lives, even the ones not his.   Which honestly I wish more people behaved this way (although I would be out of business if they did so ya know...)

• Love 18
11 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Jason Mamoa and Lisa Bonet are "parting ways in marriage."  (The new conscious uncoupling or whatever Gwyneth and Chris Martin did.)

Didn't have that one on my bingo card. 

I saw this last night and told my husband "I finally have a chance with Jason!". His response: "I finally have a chance with Lisa!"

2 hours ago, AgentRXS said:

Looks like even Lisa and Jason can’t break the long term couple, short term marriage curse. I really liked them together. Oh, well.

Re: Megan Fox. Not a good look for a 35 year old mother of 3. Hope her daughter learns to do better than participate in this kind of BS for a man. Brian Austin Green scooped her up at such a young age, she never really had a chance to do dumb shit like this in her youth, but still. Ugh.

Megan Fox has 3 boys. MGK has a daughter. I can't believe these two have 4 kids in between them. The engagement doesn't really surprise me, they've been all over each other the past year, it was only a matter of time.

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

I saw this last night and told my husband "I finally have a chance with Jason!". His response: "I finally have a chance with Lisa!"

Megan Fox has 3 boys. MGK has a daughter. I can't believe these two have 4 kids in between them. The engagement doesn't really surprise me, they've been all over each other the past year, it was only a matter of time.

Thanks for the correction. Admittedly I just googled their names and assumed one was a girl based on that. My bad.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Based on Lisa Bonet's past behavior and Jason Momoa's general chill, I think this was just a decision of "we make great friends but should not be married."   I think they will remain friends and he will stay involved in the kids' lives, even the ones not his.   Which honestly I wish more people behaved this way (although I would be out of business if they did so ya know...)

What’s her past behaviour?

2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I don't care as long as she keeps her paws off of Rege-Jean Page.  He's mine. *

*In my dreams. 😍

Ha ha…. that was who I was going to suggest.  The man is beyond gorgeous.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DkNNy79 said:

Ha ha…. that was who I was going to suggest.  The man is beyond gorgeous.

10 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I’m sure his DM on IG have tripled with women who are willing and ready to be there for him through this transition and then just there…per Elaine on Seinfeld. 😂 

3 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I don't care as long as she keeps her paws off of Rege-Jean Page.  He's mine. *

*In my dreams. 😍

Doesn’t he have a girlfriend? Though a girlfriend is not a marriage. All is fair in love and war right? Well in this case lust and war.  😂 

Edited by Enero
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Enero said:

Doesn’t he have a girlfriend? Though a girlfriend is not a marriage. All is fair in love and war right? Well in this case lust and war.  😂 

Yeah, I read that he has a girlfriend but as far as I'm concerned, he's still "available." 😂

• LOL 5
13 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

I don't get bummed when couples break up but Jason and Lisa?  Yeah, that one stung.

From the way he spoke about her to how they seemed so happy....this blows.

Same here. She was his childhood crush from the first time he saw her on the Cosby show, and in interviews he always talked about her with an "I can't believe I won the lottery" lilt to his voice. I wish them the best, but it sucks that they couldn't make it work.

This is hysterical

Drake Accused of Putting Hot Sauce in Condom After Sex

After attending a party together, the woman alleged they went to his hotel and smoked weed before having sex with condom, which Drake ended up disposing of in the bathroom.

But the woman apparently had ulterior motives, specifically to impregnate herself. As such, she claimed to have fished the used condom out of the trash and put the contents into her vagina — except she said it felt like "pouring hot lava into her pussy."

First, does hot sauce really kill sperm? Does it matter which brand or how hot? Second, if this actually works, damn Drake is smart. He already has one kid, so maybe that's what happened.  Third, this woman is talking about suing him. She tried to trap him by getting pregnant with sperm from a used condom, & she wants to sue him.

2 hours ago, GaT said:

This is hysterical

Drake Accused of Putting Hot Sauce in Condom After Sex

First, does hot sauce really kill sperm? Does it matter which brand or how hot? Second, if this actually works, damn Drake is smart. He already has one kid, so maybe that's what happened.  Third, this woman is talking about suing him. She tried to trap him by getting pregnant with sperm from a used condom, & she wants to sue him.

And apparently he carried hot sauce around just for this purpose?  Hot sauce is red? Wouldn't she see it? Ihope this goes to court, just because I'm interested to see how it comes out.  She could make a case that by pouring hot sauce on the condom he was showing that he had every reason to believe that she was going to do what she did, so this is kind of like those cases where people set deadly traps for burglars.

IF this is true, I'm not sure she REALLY wants to pursue this.   The only reason she found out is because she removed the used condom and tried to resuse the contents so to speak.   If she had not done that, she never finds out.   Now WHY would she reuse the contents?   He clearly did not consent to having kids with her, hence the condom (yes for other reasons too) and took affirmative steps to keep her from being able to use the contents to have a kid.    The only reason SHE suffered any harm was because she couldn't leave well enough alone.  Not his fault.   

Every gold digger comment out there about her will be justified.   Lady, he did not want to be tied to you forever through a kid.

You can't set DEADLY traps to protect your home from burglars.   You can set reasonable traps.     This lady was not killed.   She had a bit of discomfort after doing something she shouldn't have been doing in the first place.   If she hadn't tried to be sneaky she would never have found out.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

IF this is true, I'm not sure she REALLY wants to pursue this.   The only reason she found out is because she removed the used condom and tried to resuse the contents so to speak.   If she had not done that, she never finds out.   Now WHY would she reuse the contents?   He clearly did not consent to having kids with her, hence the condom (yes for other reasons too) and took affirmative steps to keep her from being able to use the contents to have a kid.    The only reason SHE suffered any harm was because she couldn't leave well enough alone.  Not his fault.   

Every gold digger comment out there about her will be justified.   Lady, he did not want to be tied to you forever through a kid.

You can't set DEADLY traps to protect your home from burglars.   You can set reasonable traps.     This lady was not killed.   She had a bit of discomfort after doing something she shouldn't have been doing in the first place.   If she hadn't tried to be sneaky she would never have found out.

If this happened as reported, I'm surprised this person didn't just go scurry off into the night afterwards and just make a big note to self to NEVER date Drake again instead of going to the trouble to actually try to make a case about this.

Ironically, the ONE thing that keeps this item from being a strictly prurient TMI item is the fact that this person IS  evidently trying to make an actual legal case. I wonder if she's saved the actual. .. legal evidence?

IIRC, there was an item in one of the columns a few years back pinpointing some male celeb's preference for what color condom he would use and I thought that since few if any of the   readers were actually going to sleep with that person, it was truly none of anyone else's business!

• LOL 3

Is there anyone who can explain the "attraction" (I struggled to find an apt word) with respect to Pete Davidson?

While I'm at it... I'd also like to know the same about Machine Gun Kelly...

Maybe I'm just old?

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
42 minutes ago, Blergh said:

If this happened as reported, I'm surprised this person didn't just go scurry off into the night afterwards and just make a big note to self to NEVER date Drake again instead of going to the trouble to actually try to make a case about this.

If it's money she wants and it won't be via baby then a court case is Plan B. (To be clear, she also wouldn't; be interested in the other Plan B). 

A woman putting the contents of a used condom up her hooha isn't a woman with shame. 

3 minutes ago, Bliss said:

Is there anyone who can explain the "attraction" (I struggled to find an apt word) with respect to Pete Davidson?

I just assume it's a "you have to know him" situation.  I know many of us are confused but I just have to think it's that he's probably more charismatic in person.  He may make these women laugh.  Or feel comfortable.  Maybe he's good in bed.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I just saw a joke on Twitter pairing Jason up with Pete.  That one cracked me up.

Ok I like that even better! 😂

btw:I am one of those people who are incredibly perplexed by Pete Davidson's appeal. It must be an in person pheromone thing because it does not come through the tv screen, imo.

Edited by DearEvette
  • LOL 2
  • Love 18
25 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I just assume it's a "you have to know him" situation.  I know many of us are confused but I just have to think it's that he's probably more charismatic in person.  He may make these women laugh.  Or feel comfortable.  Maybe he's good in bed.

I think it's a combination of all three.  Pete reads to me as the type of guy who makes a woman feel good about herself for at least a little while and who also happens to know the way around a woman's body.  He also strikes me as the type who does not expect you to wear a full face of makeup all of the time and who does not care if you lounge around in sweatpants all day.  

• Love 20
11 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I think it's a combination of all three.  Pete reads to me as the type of guy who makes a woman feel good about herself for at least a little while and who also happens to know the way around a woman's body.  He also strikes me as the type who does not expect you to wear a full face of makeup all of the time and who does not care if you lounge around in sweatpants all day.  

Which makes the Kim Kardashian pairing all the more….odd.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I can see why Kim is interested in Pete for a little while.  I see Pete as the exact opposite of Kanye.  Pete is the guy who doesn't demand anything from you while Kanye is the one who never stops demanding.  Kanye sounds exhausting as a partner, and I doubt his is good in bed.  Kanye is the guy who expects to receive and never reciprocates.  

• Love 20
50 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I've also read that he's very polite and respectful of his mother. 

• Love 14
55 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Him wearing her clothing line for photo ops while dating her has been cracking me up more than it probably should. Everything about that relationship is WTF (and I also don't get his appeal--or hers, tbh), but I can see how he probably seems like a breath of fresh air compared to Kanye. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 8

The thing I like about Pete Davidson is that he knows about all the jokes about him, but he seems to take it all in stride and is trying to live his best life, especially after his drug issues and losing his father.  I can definitely see his appeal.  

• Love 13

While I'm at it... I'd also like to know the same about Machine Gun Kelly...

Maybe I'm just old?

Am 30. I don't get it either. Maybe you have to be younger? 

The thing is... I don't think a lot of celebs have the best judgment in dating. How many people dated John Mayer? Warren Beatty? Charlie Sheen? People who actually want someone stable and normal end up with one of the really rich guys with a fake job and family money or a real job and a college degree (and also usually family money). ScarJo is maybe an exception as Ryan Reynolds and Colin Jost seem relatively normal by celebrity standards. 

• Love 4