Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

This history is why I don't buy Zendaya and Tom as a real couple. I do believe he is absolutely besotted with her, but I think she's just going along with the true romance narrative for PR purposes. From the moment TMZ "caught" the two of them making out in a car on a public street in broad daylight. I've sensed a plan afoot on someone's part. I'll be surprised if they're still together year from now.

Curious, why is he genuine in his feelings for her but she's the one only in it for PR purposes? Also, it's my understanding that a fan who was all but stalking Tom around that day was the one who saw them and tipped off TMZ as to where they were. 

Also, it's very common knowledge that Tom and Zendaya were already together and broke up briefly. They were just far more intensely private back then because Zendaya was intensely private about all of her relationships. This is a woman who dated an ex for four years and called him her "bro" and "friend" the whole time (her ex later admitted and talked about their relationship after they broke up). 

This is not the first time Zendaya and Tom are being talked about as being in a romantic relationship. People Magazine had an exclusive about it after the first Spiderman film. They just denied it and insisted they were "just friends", even if all signs pointed to their clearly being more than friends. 

I think the only difference now is they're older and maybe just aren't as intense about hiding it. They're still not exactly flaunting the relationship or being particularly over the top. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Useful 9
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

How was it the opposite of her image!?  Britney's image was sexualized from day 1 with "Baby one More time".

Yes, she certainly was but that was just one of the many fucked up things about the way Britney was treated and how her image was handled by those who were old enough to know better and were supposed to be looking out for her best interests. 

At the beginning, her team did try to push this dichotomy of Madonna vs. Whore where her videos and performances were all over the top sexy, eye-fucking, Lolita-esque appeal, all while they were also publicly pushing the claim that she was waiting for marriage to have sex. Even when it was rumored that she and Justin Timberlake were all but living together, her team was trying to sell that lie. 

It's one of the many things people now drag Justin about. How in the early years after their split, he didn't hesitate to publicly mock and make it clear that the idea that they weren't having sex when they were together was laughable. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Curious, why is he genuine in his feelings for her but she's the one only in it for PR purposes? Also, it's my understanding that a fan who was all but stalking Tom around that day was the one who saw them and tipped off TMZ as to where they were. 

Also, it's very common knowledge that Tom and Zendaya were already together and broke up briefly. They were just far more intensely private back then because Zendaya was intensely private about all of her relationships. This is a woman who dated an ex for four years and called him her "bro" and "friend" the whole time (her ex later admitted and talked about their relationship after they broke up). 

This is not the first time Zendaya and Tom are being talked about as being in a romantic relationship. People Magazine had an exclusive about it after the first Spiderman film. They just denied it and insisted they were "just friends", even if all signs pointed to their clearly being more than friends. 

I think the only difference now is they're older and maybe just aren't as intense about hiding it. They're still not exactly flaunting the relationship or being particularly over the top. 

There are such things as unrequited love, one-sided relationships, and relationships based on other than true feelings. I think this especially true when at least one if the parties involved is a celebrity and either they or their partner have something to gain from it professionally and/or financially. I stand by my current opinion on the matter.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
8 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

There are such things as unrequited love, one-sided relationships, and relationships based on other than true feelings.

I'm aware...

9 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I think this especially true when at least one if the parties involved is a celebrity and either they or their partner have something to gain from it professionally and/or financially.

Except in this situation both parties are celebrities. And in fact, before he became Spiderman, Zendaya was more well-known than Tom, having been a Disney kid. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, PepSinger said:

LOL, WHAT? My response would be “Bye, bitch!” followed by manically laughing cause ain’t no way…

Unfortunately she can’t just say no and walk away. Her lawyers have to argue against it in court. 

5 hours ago, xfuse said:

If the legal fees involved is due to her conservatorship than yes she should pay. I'm sure there has to be some business type things that takes more than a minute to transfer over. Taking someone's name of things takes time or in my normal life it did and somehow I think her business affairs are a little bit more complicated than mine. 

I disagree considering he was kicked out of his role and is being investigated for how he handled the money. Britney shouldn’t have to pay for him to defend himself. If he is found to not have mismanaged her funds then he can try to get his legal fees paid. 

Edited by Guest

I thought of this the other day when it was Britney's birthday, & the posts about her father reminded me of it again. She just turned 40 (can you believe it?), & she was under a conservatorship for 13 years. She basically missed her entire 30s. Imagine not being able to make a single decision about your life for your entire 30s. Now imagine the difference between you at 29 & 40 (if you've gotten that far), I wonder if she's mentally still at 27, the age when the conservatorship started.

• Useful 9
  • Love 4

I've always loved Britney and I'm happy she's free of the conservatorship. But to me she does come across as immature in a lot of her Instagram posts. She uses so many emojis. Lol but it's not just that. I have heard that she didn't have control of her social media during the conservatorship, but she still posts the same kinds of things now. She's constantly posting the same kind of pictures with the same type of outfits and hair. And she claims that some of them are new, when they're clearly not. I don't know why she does that. She does the same dancing in every video. She also seems to have some issues with her body not being as super fit as it used to be. You can see in the videos she posts exactly what her body looks like. And her stomach isn't at flat as it was years ago, but that's okay. She still looks great there. Then she'll post photoshopped pics of her body and claim that they're unedited. I mean it's all understandable for her. I just hope she can get better and be herself again. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

She's constantly posting the same kind of pictures with the same type of outfits and hair.

This is what made me wonder.  She wears nothing but really low rise pants & shorts, but extreme low rise pants haven't been in style since the late 90s/early 00s. And she was someone who was really identified with that style. I feel like she hasn't moved on since then clothing wise, and of course, I have no idea why.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I've always loved Britney and I'm happy she's free of the conservatorship. But to me she does come across as immature in a lot of her Instagram posts. She uses so many emojis. Lol but it's not just that. I have heard that she didn't have control of her social media during the conservatorship, but she still posts the same kinds of things now. She's constantly posting the same kind of pictures with the same type of outfits and hair. And she claims that some of them are new, when they're clearly not. I don't know why she does that. She does the same dancing in every video. She also seems to have some issues with her body not being as super fit as it used to be. You can see in the videos she posts exactly what her body looks like. And her stomach isn't at flat as it was years ago, but that's okay. She still looks great there. Then she'll post photoshopped pics of her body and claim that they're unedited. I mean it's all understandable for her. I just hope she can get better and be herself again. 

I wonder if it's because she became famous so young?  I'm not one of those who thinks 17 is like 7, but it is still very young to become a superstar with so much pressure.

I don't follow Britney's shenanigans as closely as the bigger Britney fans, but I definitely think she has an awesome body. Even if she doesn't have her teenage abs, that is not a typical 40-year-old mom of two bod. I've always admired how she looks so fit but still looks feminine and healthy. 

• Love 10
16 hours ago, Zella said:

I hope she has a good support system that won't take advantage of her as she finds her way through what I'm sure is an experience that is as disorienting as it is welcome. 

My question is did she ever have that? From the very beginning she had people around  her that wanted something from her.  You always hope your family, especially your parents, will look out for you and that didn't happen here. Once you are married you hope your spouse will have your back. And that didn't happen for Britney.  Maybe her fiance is a nice guy.  Only time will tell.    She had always seemed so trusting and a genuinely nice person but I'm sure the past 13 yrs have caused her to be very distrusting and suspicious of everyone and everything.  

• Love 15
31 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

My question is did she ever have that? From the very beginning she had people around  her that wanted something from her.  You always hope your family, especially your parents, will look out for you and that didn't happen here. Once you are married you hope your spouse will have your back. And that didn't happen for Britney.  Maybe her fiance is a nice guy.  Only time will tell.    She had always seemed so trusting and a genuinely nice person but I'm sure the past 13 yrs have caused her to be very distrusting and suspicious of everyone and everything.  

That's why I said hope because I really am unsure of whether she does. 

• Love 6
20 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Then she'll post photoshopped pics of her body and claim that they're unedited. I mean it's all understandable for her. I just hope she can get better and be herself again. 

All the Kardashians do that too. 🙄. And Kim is older than Britney.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 7

She's constantly posting the same kind of pictures with the same type of outfits and hair. And she claims that some of them are new, when they're clearly not. I don't know why she does that. She does the same dancing in every video. She also seems to have some issues with her body not being as super fit as it used to be. You can see in the videos she posts exactly what her body looks like. And her stomach isn't at flat as it was years ago, but that's okay. She still looks great there. Then she'll post photoshopped pics of her body and claim that they're unedited. 

Have you met Barbra Streisand? It's jarring how you'll be watching something and then see an "appearance" that's a concert from 10 years ago or an Instagram post from photoshoot from 20 years ago. But it's not presented as old. There's a way to tightly control your image but I don't think Britney has the finesse of Beyonce. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Yeah, so I don't think it's exactly a mark of immaturity or her not being "herself".  This is Instagram culture started by a Gen X person (KK) and unfortunately millions of people participate in it.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
On 12/22/2021 at 5:38 PM, Zella said:

I read somewhere that, in reference to Liz Taylor, Richard Burton claimed that when you first become famous, especially if you get famous as a child/teen, is basically where you end up trapped emotionally. I tend to believe that. I suspect between her early fame and the conservatorship that Brittany is probably pretty immature for a 40-year-old woman, and some of her social media posts seem to bear that out. I hope she has a good support system that won't take advantage of her as she finds her way through what I'm sure is an experience that is as disorienting as it is welcome. 

I keep picturing her inner monologue as Natale Wood's in Gypsy:

I said, turn it off! Nobody laughs at me! Because I laugh first. At me! Me, from Seattle! Me, with no education. Me, with no talent, as you kept reminding me my whole life! Well, Mama look at me now. I'm a star! Look! Look how I live! Look at my friends! Look where I'm going! I'm not staying in burlesque! I'm moving, maybe up, maybe down! But wherever it is, I'm enjoying it. I'm having the time of my life! Because for the first time, it is my life! And I love it. I love every second of it! And I'll be damned if you're gonna take it away from me! I am Gypsy Rose Lee! And I love her! And if you don't, you can just clear out now!

• Love 11

Lindsay Ellis author and YouTuber is quitting YouTube.

Why did Lindsay Ellis quit Twitter? Internet blames cancel culture for YouTuber's exit

In my opinion, her tweet that Raya and the Last Dragon and other YA content was derivative of Avatar the Last Airbender didn’t earn the level of hatred directed her way.   Especially when other content creators like Honest Trailers made the same criticism but got no push back

I thought her video Mask Off addressing the controversy was the beginning of moving on for her 

I respect her prioritizing her mental health.  Her channel was one of my favorites and really had an impact on other video essayists.  

I wonder if the harassment she received from author Addison Cain she was also a factor.

She was also harassed years ago when she said something stupid on the internet in the past.

Sometimes when people talk about being canceled it’s b.s. What happened to them was simply that they got criticized and didn’t want to deal with the consequences of their actions.   There’s a difference between good faith criticism and harassment.  Once things get to harassment territory and death threats it’s gone too far.   Some things she’s said deserve criticism but the extreme levels of harassment and the impact on her mental health were too much.  No one should be free of criticism but cruelty isn’t justified.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 12

I agree with all the above. However, I think Miss Ellis would have been better off just to QUIT without any explanation and let folks have worked it out for themselves.  FWIW, it seems those who simply walk away without comment from online venues have more success in not getting flak or harassment than those who keep trying to explain themselves. 

• Love 4

As a fan of hers,  I am glad she announced her intentions so viewers aren’t left anticipating videos that will never come.  Things had reached a a point that I do think there isn’t anything she could say to smooth things over with people who hate her but her fans can appreciate a goodbye .

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I'm not familiar with that YouTuber, but I can see leaving YouTube due to mental health. I know people on forums and social media are oftentimes no saints, but I see more hatred on YouTube than anywhere else. Even if I completely disagree with a creator, the amount of hateful comments some of them receive is unbelievable. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I'm not familiar with that YouTuber, but I can see leaving YouTube due to mental health. I know people on forums and social media are oftentimes no saints, but I see more hatred on YouTube than anywhere else. Even if I completely disagree with a creator, the amount of hateful comments some of them receive is unbelievable. 

The amount of vitriol women content creators receive is more than a little disturbing. I don't watch any Youtubers, or listen to any podcasts. That's not how I get my entertainment, partially because that content often thrives on being controversial. *shrug* Just not into that.

I also find podcasts and youtube content too slow to consume. I can block read an essay in 4 minutes, while that same content in audible form will take 11 minutes. That doesn't seem like much, but my brain is moving too fast to wait on these people.

Some content creators thrive on instant feedback that social media provides. I'm unwilling to provide that feedback. 

Anyway, Lindy West walked away from Twitter and has been fine with that decision. I hope Lindsey Ellis finds that walking away is best for her. At the same time, I'm pissed off that women are subjected to so much online harassment. 

Edited by BlackberryJam
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

The amount of vitriol women content creators receive is more than a little disturbing. I don't watch any Youtubers, or listen to any podcasts. That's not how I get my entertainment, partially because that content often thrives on being controversial. *shrug* Just not into that.

I also find podcasts and youtube content too slow to consume. I can block read an essay in 4 minutes, while that same content in audible form will take 11 minutes. That doesn't seem like much, but my brain is moving too fast to wait on these people.

Some content creators thrive on instant feedback that social media provides. I'm unwilling to provide that feedback. 

Anyway, Lindy West walked away from Twitter and has been fine with that decision. I hope Lindsey Ellis finds that walking away is best for her. At the same time, I'm pissed off that women are subjected to so much online harassment. 

There's actually a lot of content on both mediums that's not controversial at all. For example, I like quick makeup tutorials and law of attraction creators a lot. 

I mostly listen to podcasts as I drive or am doing something else. I don't think most people just sit still and listen. I totally understand if podcasts just aren't your thing, but they can really help me enjoy long drives. Sometimes I'll have them in the background if I'm taking more than a quick shower. Shampooing, conditioning, exfoliating and shaving can all be really boring without something playing for me. 

There are definitely some vlogs that just go on and on. Those aren't for me either. I don't want to bother with those one or two minute videos. I figure they can't contain much worth my time, but the videos where people just kind of go about their lives and are as long as a TV show, no thanks. lol I won't leave them hate though. But yeah, I like a happy medium, like 10-15 minute videos for YouTube. 

I don't blame the ones who disable comments. If I see a really sweet creator is getting lots of hate, I like to leave a nice comment. There was one creator who made a video on modest fashion and got lots of negative comments for wearing a "revealing" dress. She had maybe the tiniest bit of cleavage showing and got tons of criticism for it. 

I've seen some hateful stuff on male content creators, but I watch more female YouTubers because I'm into fashion and beauty. And yeah, it's not pretty. I'm not saying they all get it, but it could be the most harmless video made by a woman, and you'd think they killed someone or something. Hell, I've merely commented benign things and had men start to argue with me over and over. What's crazy is the men who flock to videos made by women for women. It's like, go away! Let women have their own space! If you want to watch and get a female perspective, fine. But there's no reason to harass anyone. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of hate comes from incels. They can't get women, so they hate us all. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I am a subscriber to Lindsay Ellis’s YouTube channel and have enjoyed her long-form video essays for a few years now.

I ended up on Reddit just now to read a little more about this, and someone had reposted Lindsay’s full Patreon statement (available to her subscribers).  She comes across as severely depressed and in need of some professional help.  I found her comments about not just her career, but her whole life, as “running on fumes” particularly concerning (especially because she has been a best-selling author of sci-fi fiction in this period), as is her statement that her life ended 9 months ago.  She also mentions she posted her farewell without informing her employees first.  Not that an owner of a sole proprietorship cannot run a company as they elect, but it doesn’t speak to being in a particularly clear headspace when she mentions that her employees depend on her for benefits but she didn’t tell them that she was posting that.

She references feeling abandoned by public-facing colleagues, but I hope she has some real-life friends to suggest that she get some help.

Edited by Peace 47

youtube works best when you avoid the comments section at all costs. 1/4 of the comments are blind worship of whatever is being said, 1/2 is people trying to prove they are smarter than all the other comments and the content creator and the rest are just hateful people ranting about anything and everything they can think of. 

I stopped reading the comments when I realized it was bad for my mental health (and I'm not the content creator. I can't imagine what damage that much vitriol can have on even the most confident person.)

I have no idea who this Lindsey Ellis person is but even if she said Hitler should be resurrected and made emperor of the universe random strangers shouldn't try to "cancel" her or threaten her or attack her. She's just a forking vlogger! Don't like what she has to say, don't watch her videos. It's easy. I've never seen a video of hers. (not because I don't like her, I just watch very specific things on youtube). 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

What's crazy is the men who flock to videos made by women for women. It's like, go away! Let women have their own space! If you want to watch and get a female perspective, fine. But there's no reason to harass anyone. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of hate comes from incels. They can't get women, so they hate us all. 

YES! So much this. I don't get how some people have so much time that they watch or read content that is not made for them just so they can be triggered by it and hate on it. I mean,  I get that it probably gives them some weird kind of satisfaction, but still, don't they have things they like and could enjoy instead? It's pathetic.

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Peace 47 said:

I am a subscriber to Lindsay Ellis’s YouTube channel and have enjoyed her long-form video essays for a few years now.

I ended up on Reddit just now to read a little more about this, and someone had reposted Lindsay’s full Patreon statement (available to her subscribers).  She comes across as severely depressed and in need of some professional help.  I found her comments about not just her career, but her whole life, as “running on fumes” particularly concerning (especially because she has been a best-selling author of sci-fi fiction in this period), as is her statement that her life ended 9 months ago.  She also mentions she posted her farewell without informing her employees first.  Not that an owner of a sole proprietorship cannot run a company as they elect, but it doesn’t speak to being in a particularly clear headspace when she mentions that her employees depend on her for benefits but she didn’t tell them that she was posting that.

She references feeling abandoned by public-facing colleagues, but I hope she has some real-life friends to suggest that she get some help.

That saddens me deeply. I'm a longtime Lindsay Ellis fan, and I hope she gets the help she needs. It also sounds like the "cancellation" incident from several months ago hasn't left her (that was so awful, and people made her suffer for nothing).

• Love 9

The Dolan twin brothers basically stepped back from YouTube as well. They had this nice talk on Jeanette McCurdy's vlog and their experiences as social media stars echoed the child star experience pretty closely, although you don't really have that big of a machine around you (unless you hit Justin Bieber levels) and you don't get the training that typical kid actors get. They seem like they plan on going into real estate flipping. Good for them. They grew out these big bushy beards and you can kinda tell they were over the teen idol thing. Lol

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1

I thought her video Mask Off addressing the controversy was the beginning of moving on for her 

She comes across as severely depressed and in need of some professional help.  I found her comments about not just her career, but her whole life, as “running on fumes” particularly concerning 

As a longtime fan (from the Chez Apocalypse/Channel Awesome days) this has been a long time coming. It's unfortunate but you could sense the burnout from "Manufacturing Authenticity" but it's been there even earlier. I don't know if adding the musical podcast helped or just added to the burden. She has gotten a lot of online hate over the years. Like A LOT. But I think it might just be a personality thing and the fact that she's been doing it for so long. Selfishly, I hope she keeps her videos up and I wish her nothing but the best as she hopefully moves to a healing place. Like Jenna Marbles, sometimes people just need to move on.

From Lindsay's goodbye post...

Something else that was also inevitable - I was going to quit YouTube. I knew I couldn’t do it forever, that I was running out of steam, that I was sick of the increasing dehumanization inherent, that I just didn’t have anything to say about movies anymore. The plan was always to end with Love Never Dies, since it seemed like the best place to end, with some semblance of energy rather than keeping on until I've withered away to nothing. What happened to me in March and April hastened it, but this was always inevitable. [...] I can’t make content period. I just can’t do this anymore. There is no healing as long as there is attachment to the thing that makes you suffer, and the thing in this case is being in the public eye at all. [...] 

But all I know now is that being in the public eye at all is a losing game, and I regret all of it. I regret every time I’ve ever stood up for anyone - it always backfires. I regret every time I pushed back against something unjust - it was always just used to hurt me. I regret every time I ever stood up for myself - I never did it “correctly.” I regret every time I showed any vulnerability - just more ammunition to be used against me later. I regret every time I ever tried to play the game with peers and colleagues - they will drop you the second you aren't popular on Twitter anymore. It’s all hollow and brittle, and if there is one thing I have learned this year it is how eminently expendable I am. The good, progressive cis, straight, wealthy white men keep on trucking and coming out on top because deep down, they know that the systems they profess to stand against ultimately exist to benefit them.

And to all the people telling me I need to grow a thicker skin or remove myself from the conversation altogether - you are right. I don’t have it in me to do the former, so I shall do the latter.

I am more upset to learn (while I was looking this up) that Yhara Zayd has also apparently quit making videos since she's younger and much newer to making videos. 

Edited by aradia22
ETA quote from Lindsay
  • Love 2

youtube works best when you avoid the comments section at all costs.

The exceptions are the comments that are heavily moderated. But yeah, even in the more innocuous places, you just end up with a higher percentage of blind worship or nonsense it's pointless to read (e.g. less aggressive ranting and more random chattering). With channels I'm subscribed to, I know where it's safe to read the comments but sometimes I'm surprised. Like... TheSorryGirls is a basic DIY channel and because the two creators largely stopped making videos together DURING THE PANDEMIC, there were always comments about how they must not be friends anymore and all kinds of speculation. Like @RealHousewife I tend to watch more female creators so I don't know what it's like across the board but they seem to get a lot more criticism. 

• Love 7

More than a decade after their initial separation, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver have officially finalized their divorce. On Tuesday, per Reuters, the two reached a settlement which finally ended their 35-year marriage.

Shriver first filed for divorce in 2011 after Schwarzenegger admitted to fathering a child with a member of their household staff. 

[...] It’s unclear why the divorce took so long to finalize, and details of their settlement have not been made public. As reported by NBC News, neither will owe the other any spousal support. However, both reserve the right to seek spousal support through the court in the future should they want to.

https://www.thecut.com/2021/12/arnold-schwarzenegger-maria-shriver-finalize-divorce.html

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, aradia22 said:

I have no idea if Miss Shriver is even considering dating at this point (and I know it's not my biz). However, the irony here is that she'd be a MUCH better catch than her now legal ex has turned out to be (and it's hard to imagine that he's waited for the ink to dry before jumping back  into the dating pool). 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, kariyaki said:

Except for the fact that Arnold is over 70 years old and is likely more interested in falling asleep in his recliner at 9pm while watching Gunsmoke reruns. He’s the same age as my dad and that’s what he does.

Ah, but would Herr Schwarzennegger  ever admit to doing that- especially to any intended dates?

• Love 2
Just now, Blergh said:

Ah, but would Herr Schwarzennegger  ever admit to doing that- especially to any intended dates?

Intended dates? The point I was trying to say is that I doubt he’s really dating that much. If at all. I find it very likely that his life mirrors my father’s ever scintillating love for his recliner.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Blergh said:

I have no idea if Miss Shriver is even considering dating at this point (and I know it's not my biz). However, the irony here is that she'd be a MUCH better catch than her now legal ex has turned out to be (and it's hard to imagine that he's waited for the ink to dry before jumping back  into the dating pool). 

They split up ten years ago; they've been dating other people for a long time now (I don't know if either are now, but they both have been over all those years).  I'm sure they've both long since quit caring who the other was seeing (who he was impregnating while they were still together, yep, that bothered her, but after you've separated and filed, it's a totally different ballgame).  They're reported to be on good terms, and still do family celebrations together with their adult kids.

Edited by Bastet
  • Useful 7
  • Love 6
39 minutes ago, Bastet said:

They're reported to be on good terms, and still do family celebrations together with the kids.

Yeah I remember reading gossip columns a few years ago when the one son was dating Miley Cyrus that Arnold and Maria were apparently talking about it, with Arnold telling her not to object too vocally to avoid the kid doubling down. Them both being united in horror over Miley Cyrus cracked me up and reminded me of conversations my family has had about other relatives' sketchy exes. [And for the record, Arnold's right. The more vocally opposed you are, the more they will date the person out of spite.]

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Munn shared new photos of their son, Malcolm, on Thursday, December 30, sitting in a pot — with “Daddy” Mulaney’s help. “Daddy’s new bánh bao recipe,” Munn wrote in her Instagram stories, showing off baby Malcolm sitting in the pot, looking up at Mulaney as the comedian cradled his head. “Adora-bao,” she added over a close up. She snuck these new baby photos in between short videos of her mom cooking bánh bao, a Vietnamese bun, for the family. [...] Mulaney later re-posted Munn’s photos on his own Instagram stories. So, it’s official: John Mulaney is an Instagram dad now. And that’s definitely something I didn’t see coming from the man who stated in multiple stand-up specials that he didn’t want kids. But, hey, if you have a baby to put in a pot, why not?

https://www.thecut.com/2021/12/olivia-munn-and-john-mulaney-share-new-baby-photos.html

• Love 4

Well, looks like another one has hit the plastic surgeon too much. Chrissy Teigen has a new look & people keep mistaking her for Khloe Kardashian. She looks nothing like herself.

teigen-kardashian-comp.jpg?quality=90&st

Chiming in late to the Lindsay Ellis topic.  I hope she can get the help she needs and move forward with her life.  Lindsay almost singlehandedly created the YouTube we know today, where thoughtful and interesting video essays are the norm and not dudes screaming over bad video games and movies.  I applaud her for that, so it makes me very sad to read that she regrets everything she ever did.  She brought so much joy to so many people, and encouraged them to think about the media they consume.  I just hope she can find peace and happiness with whatever she chooses to do with her life.  And I sincerely hope that every person who harrassed her and bullied her over a tweet never have the same happen to them.  NO ONE deserves that.

• Love 13