Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, GaT said:

Well, looks like another one has hit the plastic surgeon too much. Chrissy Teigen has a new look & people keep mistaking her for Khloe Kardashian. She looks nothing like herself.

teigen-kardashian-comp.jpg?quality=90&st

I legit thought they were both pics of Khloe. Did Chrissy show a pic of Khloe to her doctor and say I want to look like her?

• Love 6
1 minute ago, BlackberryJam said:

I don't think there's any plastic surgery involved. That's just hair and makeup. 

And botox and fillers...  She may not have had surgery other than the eyebrow transplant she recently bragged about; but she's definitely had some work done to her face.

As for Khloe Kardashian, why would anyone want to look like her these days?  She's obviously had a lot of work done and it really doesn't look too good, IMO.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

And botox and fillers...  She may not have had surgery other than the eyebrow transplant she recently bragged about; but she's definitely had some work done to her face.

As for Khloe Kardashian, why would anyone want to look like her these days?  She's obviously had a lot of work done and it really doesn't look too good, IMO.

To me, nothing about those two women looks remotely alike except how the hair style is used to frame and elongate the face and their eyebrows, both cosmetic changes and not surgical/enhancement. The one on the left is clearly hiding her rounded face with the straight hair covering a portion of her cheeks/forehead, but the roundness is still evident in her chin.

The one on the right has a face shape like a hatchet with a more pointed chin. 

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

I don't think there's any plastic surgery involved. That's just hair and makeup. 

I agree.  I find it hard to spot any plastic surgery on actresses and celebutantes when they are sporting that much makeup.  It's not that they have had similar work done, it's that they either use the same makeup artist (Scott Barnes) or makeup artists inspired by him.  The overly contoured nose is a dead giveaway for me that both Chrissy and Khloe use similar makeup artists.  

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I agree.  I find it hard to spot any plastic surgery on actresses and celebutantes when they are sporting that much makeup.  It's not that they have had similar work done, it's that they either use the same makeup artist (Scott Barnes) or makeup artists inspired by him.  The overly contoured nose is a dead giveaway for me that both Chrissy and Khloe use similar makeup artists.  

Yeah, it's amazing what makeup, especially airbrushed makeup, can do to change the entire look of someone's face. Contouring can change the looks of noses, cheekbones, jawlines, and eye/brow makeup can make it appear that the set and shape of a person's eyes have changed.

The one on the right though, pull back that hair and have her smile, and she'll look like all the other three million photos of her on the internet. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

As @GiveMeSpace already posted, she had Buccal Fat Removal, plus, she had an actual eyebrow transplant too, so that's not makeup. She's just trying to get the internet to love her again.

• Love 7

Is that what is considered beautiful now? They both look like freaks of nature. Nothing appealing looking about either Chrissy or Khloe in those pics. it is sad what women think they are supposed to look like these days. They just look like freakish plastic dolls. If they paid to look like that they wasted their money IMO. 

The sad part is, I don't think either of them looked that bad before all the makeup/work/time/money they put into looking like that. 

• Love 24
9 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

agreed.  She got to the line and took 3 steps over lol.  Looks hard.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Luckylyn said:

Four is good enough for me.    Sadly it was all for defrauding investors and not for lying to patients.   One more woman was told she was HIV positive before another test by a reputable company told her she wasn't.   Another who had a history of difficult pregnancies was told she had miscarried again.   When she hadn't.   All for what?   It wasn't really the money either.   It was the ego.   Look at me, *I* changed the  medical industry.   Well in jail, she will be just another felon.   

• Useful 4
  • Love 15

I am hoping at least one juror speaks out to explain.  To me the charges regarding fraud against the patients were both worse than the fraud against investors and easier to prove.  I’m just grateful she is being held culpable.  I’m curious to see what will happen with Sunny now; he is guilty as well, but she was the mastermind.

Has anyone yet done a timeline of her actions against the convictions? Like, did the jury convict only on charges that happened after Elizabeth stole the Pfizer logo for her own letterhead, or are the convictions/acquittals all over the map?

• Love 12

it is sad what women think they are supposed to look like these days. They just look like freakish plastic dolls.

They want to look like Bratz dolls.

• LOL 7
  • Love 10

"[Kanye] loved the show," says the source. "He's a fan of Jeremy, so he flew in to see the play and came with friends."

West, who arrived to the theater right on time and sat next to Fox for the performance, "was very happy to be there," the source says.

[...] 

Slave Play — which runs through Jan. 23 at the August Wilson Theater — enjoys the distinction of being the most-nominated play in the Tony Awards' history, nabbing 12 nods, even though it did not win any statuettes at the awards ceremony in September.

"Kanye was highly complimentary of the play after the show. He asked to stay and meet the cast and stayed as long as the theater could stay open. Jeremy was very excited," the source continues, adding that the rapper and the Slave Play author are "super buddy-buddy."

The insider adds, "I'm sure there are collaborations [between them] on the horizon."

https://people.com/theater/kanye-west-attends-broadway-slave-play-with-julia-fox-he-was-excited-she-was-there-source/

All of this sets off my judge-y meters. Gotta be unmasked for the photos. Of course he likes this play. 🙄

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Crs97 said:

I am hoping at least one juror speaks out to explain.  To me the charges regarding fraud against the patients were both worse than the fraud against investors and easier to prove.  I’m just grateful she is being held culpable.  I’m curious to see what will happen with Sunny now; he is guilty as well, but she was the mastermind.

Has anyone yet done a timeline of her actions against the convictions? Like, did the jury convict only on charges that happened after Elizabeth stole the Pfizer logo for her own letterhead, or are the convictions/acquittals all over the map?

EXCLUSIVE: Juror speaks out after convicting Elizabeth Holmes

Kaatz also said that, early on in their deliberations, the jury had decided to acquit Holmes on all four counts of fraud against patients, because the CEO was "one step removed" from the alleged victims, and thus the jury didn't feel they were directly defrauded.

I also suspect part of the reason for the deadlock and eventual acquittal on the fraud to patients' charge is because the product never got to the point of being released to the mass public, before the fraud was found out. 

I know Walgreens had a deal with the company and invested in adding special centers in a number of their stores to administer the device. But unless I'm mistaken, I don't think it ever got to the point of being sold to say millions of patients. For the most part, it was largely in the development stage, although Holmes and her equally shady boyfriend kept trying to cut corners to get it approved. 

So that may be why the jurors ultimately decided that the people who really lost the most were the investors who poured millions into it. 

I'm just glad she was found guilty of some counts and the "it was all the brown man's fault and I was just an innocent, little victim" defense didn't work. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Useful 7
  • Love 11

Elizabeth didn't directly tell the patients anything about the tests.   She got Walgreen's, and one other place I can't remember to offer the tests on her machine.   But any effect on the patients was because of the actions of those buying Elizabeth's hype and offering the NON-FDA approved tests.   It was a harder charge to prove than Elizabeth going on conference calls with investors and saying "We have our machines deployed on medievac helicopters in Afghanistan."   Or "We can perform thousands of tests from just one finger prick"   And "All of it is done on the Edison, we do not use third party machines to run the tests."

It is possible that Elizabeth was both abused by Sunni and committed fraud all by her little own self.   

I feel sorry for her kid.   Only a complete narcissist gets pregnant and has a baby while facing serious fraud charges that could send her away until the kid is an adult.

• Useful 6
  • Love 9
21 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Thank you; Chrissy has admitted to several things; this, the eyebrow implants, getting breast implants, then removing them, and people still deny she's had surgery.  She's changed every feature - something with the eyes, nose, and mouth.  I think she's addicted frankly.

I had no idea Elizabeth Holmes had a kid!

• Love 11
On 1/3/2022 at 11:02 PM, GaT said:

Well, looks like another one has hit the plastic surgeon too much. Chrissy Teigen has a new look & people keep mistaking her for Khloe Kardashian. She looks nothing like herself.

teigen-kardashian-comp.jpg?quality=90&st

Why are they using a mashup picture of Jenny McCarthy and Kristen Wiig instead of Khloe?

Lol, even Khloe doesn't look like herself. As someone who has always thought of Chrissy Teigen as a uniquely beautiful woman I am bummed that she is morphing her face into a surgeon's "choose your face" option pamphlet. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
38 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Thank you; Chrissy has admitted to several things; this, the eyebrow implants, getting breast implants, then removing them, and people still deny she's had surgery.  She's changed every feature - something with the eyes, nose, and mouth.  I think she's addicted frankly.

I feel like the denial is based on what people assume she’s had done to get that face when they look at that photo. The difference in how she looks in that photo and how she looked last year is a relatively minor procedure removing fat deposits from her face, makeup and possibly the hairstyle. With her hair that way it’s hard to know how much the shape of her face has changed with the procedure. 
Personally I just don’t consider the procedures she done to be that big of a deal and no where Kardashian level. 

Edited by Guest
46 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

I feel sorry for her kid.   Only a complete narcissist gets pregnant and has a baby while facing serious fraud charges that could send her away until the kid is an adult.

I thought about that too. Maybe she thought it would humanize her.  Or make her look sympathetic.  Most likely she never thought she would be convicted.  

For anyone who is interested in the whole story about Theranos read the book Bad Blood by John Carreyrou. He is the Wall Street Journal reporter who first broke the story.  There were people scared to talk to him. My belief is Holmes and later Sunny knew what they were doing was bullshit and were so far in it they had to keep going because they knew if they were caught they were in big trouble.  It amazes me that some very smart people fell for her con.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
26 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

I thought about that too. Maybe she thought it would humanize her.  Or make her look sympathetic.  Most likely she never thought she would be convicted.  

For anyone who is interested in the whole story about Theranos read the book Bad Blood by John Carreyrou. He is the Wall Street Journal reporter who first broke the story.  There were people scared to talk to him. My belief is Holmes and later Sunny knew what they were doing was bullshit and were so far in it they had to keep going because they knew if they were caught they were in big trouble.  It amazes me that some very smart people fell for her con.

I second the recommendation of 'Bad Blood'; it's a fascinating read.  From the time Holmes was a small child, when anyone asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up, she told them she wanted to be a billionaire.  No specific profession, no skill she wanted to master; she just wanted a lot of money.

I think she had the baby at least in part because she does seem to be one of those people who honestly thinks that she is just so special and intelligent that real world parameters and consequences don't apply to her, so going to prison was not on her radar.  From the time she was a student and started pushing the idea of a tiny machine that could perform hundreds of lab tests accurately on just a drop or two of blood; she ignored all of the experts in the field who explained to her just how this was not practical at this moment in time.  She shunned anyone who criticized her idea or corrected any of the multiple misconceptions that she pushed as 'proof' that her idea would work.  She deliberately courted financial backing from people with no background in science and created a persona for herself that would increase the odds that she'd be able to bulldoze them into investing in her magic machine.

I also expect that her defense attorneys, with her approval and encouragement, will paint her as a devoted wife and mother in hopes of softening up the judge and perhaps getting a lighter sentence.  She is very savvy in the way she presents herself and a part of her success at selling Theranos  to investors involved her blonde good looks and style,  She marketed herself brilliantly as the face of the brand and a husband and baby are undoubtedly useful accessories in her mind.

There are reports from ABC's 20:20 as well as HBO's 'The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley' for those looking for background on her and the scandal.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

For anyone who is interested in the whole story about Theranos read the book Bad Blood by John Carreyrou.

He also did a podcast on the trial.   I started a thread on it over in the Podcast forums.

51 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

I also expect that her defense attorneys, with her approval and encouragement, will paint her as a devoted wife and mother in hopes of softening up the judge and perhaps getting a lighter sentence.

Another podcast on her I listened to "The Dropout" said they looked and NO record of a marriage license can be found.   Now maybe they eloped to Vegas, but reporters throughout the trial referred to the new guy as her "partner" not her husband.   

1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

Which means she never thought about the separate human being she created but only what she needed.   The baby is a tool for her.   Which is a sign of psychopath.   Everyone is either a tool or doesn't exist.   Sunni was her right hand guy and enforcer in the company, until he wasn't.   Then she pivoted to "all his fault."   Now the baby is just a prop to get her a lighter sentence.    

• Love 10

I loved the book Bad Blood and have listened to most of “The Dropout” podcast; I stopped when she took the stand, but can go back and finish now that I know her strategy didn’t work.  I am fascinated by the jury deciding she was likeable, but had no credibility.  “Huge big fat liar” is one of the factors against likeability IMO.

• Love 6

The craziest story was two employees who figured out her con, brought evidence to warn the board members, and had everyone in consensus that she needed to be removed.  The board members called her before the board to fire her and two hours later she walked out intact and fired the two employees.  OMG, what kind of brainwashing was involved for those two hours?!?

• Useful 6
11 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

OMG, what kind of brainwashing was involved for those two hours?!?

You fire me, it all comes out and your stock options are worth ZERO.    One guess as to why George Schultz chose Elizabeth over his own grandson was that he had so many stock options that would be worthless if his grandson turned out to be right.   I mean MILLIONS of dollars of options.   Greed.   Pure and simple.

• Useful 7
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

My belief is Holmes and later Sunny knew what they were doing was bullshit and were so far in it they had to keep going because they knew if they were caught they were in big trouble. 

I think they were done in by their ego and hubris. Because there were many points along that whole sordid road where Elizabeth could have avoided getting herself "so far in it." The many times when those working for the company were honest to her about the limitations of the product and inevitable problems that would arise. Every time someone did that, her response was to fire them.

Well after Sunny bullied them like he was some mafioso boss in his mind. They were two con artists who thought they could get away with one of the greatest cons ever because they were the types to believe that they're always the smartest person in the room. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I was really excited that Kate McKinnon was going to star in "The Dropout", but I think she has conflicts with "Tiger King" so she had to drop out and now it's Amanda Seyfried.  I feel badly saying this but I'm soooo much less excited now.  We'll see I guess!

• Love 4

Linda Holmes of NPR talks about her obsession with consuming everything about Elizabeth Holmes and Theranos and the 'draw of the scam'.

As it related to investors, Theranos has always been, for me, a bit like Magic Beans: The Startup: something rich people invested in because other rich people were doing it and said they should do it too. And when the magic evaporated, well, all those rich people were furious. If you take this comparison to its logical conclusion, here's the question: Was Elizabeth Holmes the seller, or was she, in fact, the beans? Did she make the shiny object, or was she herself the shiny object?

...But there's something about the brazenness with which she operated that makes her mesmerizing to me. You can keep your high-level financial maneuvers and your sophisticated document manipulations: according to Carreyrou's reporting and some of the trial testimony, Theranos got around demands for demonstrations of its machines with painfully obvious dodges — moves about as complicated as making beeping noises with your mouth to make a toddler think you're a robot.

I keep asking myself: How did any of this work? On anybody?

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Theranos got around demands for demonstrations of its machines with painfully obvious dodges — moves about as complicated as making beeping noises with your mouth to make a toddler think you're a robot.

I keep asking myself: How did any of this work? On anybody?

One investor asked to actually see the machines.   And she said "Oh you did.   When we gave you a tour, that room I pointed out where you could see the banks of them stacked up in the window, yeah that was them."   Mind you he never was in the room.   They walked past the room and saw them against a window.   Seriously.

They would do the finger stick, then tell people the results would be back after lunch.   No one ever saw the machine actually run the test.   If any results came back wonky, they would just  .... leave that test off the page of results.   NO ONE EVER QUESTIONED THIS.   

They would brush off questions as "trade secrets."   Like even the financials.   Which any good investor will ask for.   Which would have shown NO pharmacy company work, NO DOD work.   "Oh sorry, we can't show you those, trade secrets."   Only ONE investor pushed.   Once he realized he wasn't getting those, he refused to invest.  

The big question was "Is it fraud if you don't do your own due diligence.?"  According to the Drop Out podcast, no.   Because it's about Holmes' lies and manipulations not what anyone else should have done.   Were the investors who just bought in because of FOMO idiots?   Yes.   But that doesn't mean they were defrauded.   Apparently the jury was able to just apply the law and not saw "A fool and his money are soon parted, they should have asked questions and dug deeper."

• Useful 6
  • Love 2

The scary thing about this whole Theranos (I keep reading it as Thanos and have to keep reminding myself I don't actually live in the Marvel Universe) is how much it demonstrates that people will believe what they want to believe. Their brains will fill in or cover over anything that contradicts what they want to believe.

Holmes used this to her advantage by giving them just enough info that their greedy little minds would fill in the holes. It's how pretty much every "get rich quick" scam or honestly any diet plan that claims you can eat what you want and still loose weight thrives. We are all looking for that thing that is going to make us famous/rich/successful/popular/happy, and con artists like Holmes tap into that and feed off of it until they get caught. 

• Love 9

Another question.  Was/is Elizabeth Holmes really that brilliant? Or did all these cheerleaders and investors see Holmes as "One of us" and perception became reality for them?  George Schultz believed Holmes over his own grandson who worked for the damn company and saw what was going on firsthand. 

Obviously none of those investors had ever watched American Greed.

• Love 12

People want to believe what they want to believe.  And Elizabeth Holmes was saying things they wanted to hear.  And once you are so far in it you are more likely going to keep believing it so you don't look like a fool for believing it in the first place. Which is what I think happened to George Schultz.  He was old and didn't want people to think he wasn't capable of still making his own decisions. 

• Love 9
22 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

Another question.  Was/is Elizabeth Holmes really that brilliant? Or did all these cheerleaders and investors see Holmes as "One of us" and perception became reality for them?  George Schultz believed Holmes over his own grandson who worked for the damn company and saw what was going on firsthand. 

I think Holmes is bright, she apparently did well in school and got into Stanford, but there is no indication that she had the sort of intelligence that allows the truly brilliant to bring innovative ideas to fruition.  She is brilliant at PR and manipulation and at getting people to buy half truths and vague promises.  However, she dropped out of Stanford at 19 after taking only a  couple of preliminary engineering courses; but, was unwilling to listen to those with more engineering training and experience when they tried to explain to her how her ideas were not scientifically possible,. This indicates to me that she really wasn't up to the task of developing Edison herself, even if it were possible.  And someone who truly was brilliantly creative like that, would've realized it pretty quickly and moved on to something else.

I remember seeing her on TV years ago on a profile on CBS Sunday Morning, I think.  The interviewer was fawning all over her, talking about how she was revolutionizing health care.  Then, she explained that all people had to do was run a battery of bloodwork on themselves at monthly intervals and virtually all fatal disease could be found and cured in time to save lives.  And she used the example of her uncle with melanoma.  Now, I am no brilliant scientist, but I've been to med school and all I could think was that the vast, vast majority of illnesses, including melanoma, cannot be diagnosed with a blood test and, as anyone who knows anything about statistics can tell you that testing a bunch of asymptomatic people was more likely to turn up a bunch of false positive tests that would then generate huge amounts of angst and expense than find even one person who might actually benefit.  I'm no genius, but it seems pretty obvious that there was a reason she tried to avoid bringing actual medical professionals on board and it wasn't because they were in the pocket of Quest Labs (Ha!) like she claimed.  The initial idea was not viable, IMO, and it didn't take Einstein to figure that out.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 4
  • Love 9
51 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

My husband watches that show and I've seen it a few times - what is really pathetic is how many gullible people are out there, no question, but also how often these people preyed on their own family and friends.  People like Holmes are like cult leaders.  Charismatic with personal charm and absolutely no scruples.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, SusannahM said:

My husband watches that show and I've seen it a few times - what is really pathetic is how many gullible people are out there, no question, but also how often these people preyed on their own family and friends.  People like Holmes are like cult leaders.  Charismatic with personal charm and absolutely no scruples.

I agree about her having no scruples.  Some people describe Jim Jones, David Koresch, Marshah Applegate, etc. who were cult leaders as charismatic, but to me they weren’t.  Just eerily strange. To me, Holmes also had obvious issues.  I suppose perception is subjective, but to me she’s obviously fake, as are most famous cult leaders.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
17 hours ago, merylinkid said:

The big question was "Is it fraud if you don't do your own due diligence.?"  According to the Drop Out podcast, no.   Because it's about Holmes' lies and manipulations not what anyone else should have done.

Thank goodness for that because the idea that it isn’t fraud if you aren’t smart enough to realize I am lying to you is just ridiculous.  Those fools are still parted from their millions, and she deserves to sit in jail for awhile.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I agree about her having no scruples.  Some people describe Jim Jones, David Koresch, Marshah Applegate, etc. who were cult leaders as charismatic, but to me they weren’t.  Just eerily strange. To me, Holmes also had obvious issues.  I suppose perception is subjective, but to me she’s obviously fake, as are most famous cult leaders.  

Yeah.   But its because they are offering something that somenoe is looking for.   Most cults are religious because people are looking for some meaning to their life.   Scientology is the perfect example -- it tells you that you are just fine the way you are, not just fine, but SPECIAL.   You are the ONLY ONE who can fix things.   Which is WOW really empowering if you feel helpless and useless.

Theranos said, no more venous blood draws.   From just a finger prick we can SAVE LIVES.   Isn't that awesome?   OMG, we can deploy these things on helicopters and save soldiers lives.  Which who doesn't want that?    So even Generals who SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER were supporting her.   Because it is ingrained, you care for your troops.   It was when it hit the procurement guys that it all fell apart.   Because they were looking at what it actually did and how it actually worked.   They didn't want promises, they wanted RESULTS.   They weren't listening to "we are deploying in Walgreens, and those machines over there, no you can't actually see them, trade secrets do all the work."  Then that guy called the FDA, the FDA went "what no, they are not approved yet."   Then the audit and that was the end.   Like most cults, it could not withstand actual scrutiny of the details.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

People like Holmes are like cult leaders.  Charismatic with personal charm and absolutely no scruples.

The Board was going to remove her at one point and she walked in and had them fawning at her feet. She was able to get a billion dollars from personally lobbying rich investors. I think that's why she took the stand, she believed her own hype and thought she could bamboozle the jury like she had everyone else in her life. Instead, the jury rated her the least credible of all the witnesses.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, Vermicious Knid said:

The Board was going to remove her at one point and she walked in and had them fawning at her feet. She was able to get a billion dollars from personally lobbying rich investors. I think that's why she took the stand, she believed her own hype and thought she could bamboozle the jury like she had everyone else in her life. Instead, the jury rated her the least credible of all the witnesses.

I think she knew how to stroke the egos of the super rich but when it comes to "regular" folks she can't really offer anything to she can't manipulate them to get what she wants. 

I watch Leverage and think she used a lot of the tricks a grifter like Sophie uses. Charm, charisma, telling people what they want to hear, preying on their desires and egos.

When you can't do all that, when you are confronted with a group of strangers who are told to be impartial and a judge is there making sure you aren't making them offers for your freedom, well, all her "magic" was gone. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Mabinogia said:

I think she knew how to stroke the egos of the super rich but when it comes to "regular" folks she can't really offer anything to she can't manipulate them to get what she wants. 

I watch Leverage and think she used a lot of the tricks a grifter like Sophie uses. Charm, charisma, telling people what they want to hear, preying on their desires and egos.

When you can't do all that, when you are confronted with a group of strangers who are told to be impartial and a judge is there making sure you aren't making them offers for your freedom, well, all her "magic" was gone. 

Also, by the time she went on trial, the entire house of cards had collapsed and everyone knew the emperor had no clothes.  When she was being feted by all the major business magazines, being profiled by major TV networks and running a company valued at $47 billion, it was a lot easier for her to convince potential investors that she was legit.  By the time she went on trial, the whole world knew she wasn't.

• Love 8