Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

36 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

She has for the most part. I'm not saying she doesn't still have her trainwreck moments, but Dubai seems to be a good place for her.

For those of you with an interest in the Lindsey Lohan story, here's a YouTube essay video on Lindsey Lohan's rise and fall and struggles afterwards:

Its really sad her life went that way. I was she was still making movies. I know that will probably never happen but she was so talented. I just hope she's happy and doing good. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Its really sad her life went that way. I was she was still making movies. I know that will probably never happen but she was so talented. I just hope she's happy and doing good. 

She has started acting again. She’s filming a Netflix Christmas movie right now. 

2 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Most people don't seem to quite grasp that Dubai is still a conservative, Moslem, autocratic state led by a tribal warlord. That she hasn't been thrown out means she learned somewhere along the line to tone it down.

I would never go to Dubai, never mind live there & I can't understand why all these celebrities love it so much. The only thing I can think of when I hear the word "Dubai" is that women very often get jailed when they report a rape.

• Love 5

Dubai also likes tourist dollars.   There's a "western zone" section of the waterfront where the rich and famous park their yachts.   There's western hotels.   In those areas, although the King still rules, the police know to let certain things go as long as they aren't blatant about it.   Premarital sex in the hotels and on the yachts, sure.   On the beach NO.   Drinking and drugs go on but  just NOT Chateau Marmont parties.   Or at least no where anyone can see.   So not sure how much she had tone down her behavior as long as she stuck to certain areas.   If leave those areas, all bets are off.  But they make sure there is no reason a partier would want to leave.

• Useful 12
  • Love 3
On 12/1/2021 at 6:47 AM, MissAlmond said:

I think they SHOULD look into that! Someone was needlessly killed and every possible link in that horrific chain needs to be gone over with a  fine-toothed comb as  thoroughly as possible- without flinching!

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 15

On 11/28/2021 at 6:51 PM, Zella said:

I always felt sorry for Lindsay Lohan. She's not much older than me (3 years), so I sort of grew up with her, and her parents are basically a masterclass in how to be awful to your famous child star. I'm glad she seems to be in a better place than she was.  

Making your child become a star in the first place is already awful.  I'll hold Lindsay's dangerous driving against her, but holding her awful family against her is ridiculous.  She can't control them. 

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 12

In an interview with Vanity Fair, writer-director Adam McKay spoke about the dissolution of his creative partnership — and friendship — with Will Ferrell. [...] 

But in 2019, they released a joint statement announcing the end of Gary Sanchez: “The two of us will always work together creatively and always be friends. And we recognize we are lucky as hell to end this venture as such.”

It turns out that wasn’t entirely true. McKay says the two have not spoken since before they released that statement and the conversation ended with Ferrell “basically” saying “Have a good life.” The reason for Ferrell’s cold shoulder, McKay says, can be traced to the them developing an HBO limited series called Showtime about the ’80s-era Lakers; Ferrell wanted to play owner Jerry Buss, but McKay went behind his back and cast John C. Reilly instead. McKay admits, “I fucked up on how I handled that,” but Ferrell “took it as a way deeper hurt than I ever imagined, and I tried to reach out to him, and I reminded him of some slights that were thrown my way that were never apologized for.’”

https://www.vulture.com/2021/11/adam-mckay-says-will-ferrell-wont-speak-to-him.html

• Useful 6
6 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Making your child become a star in the first place is already awful.  I'll hold Lindsay's dangerous driving against her, but holding her awful family against her is ridiculous.  She can't control them. 

I preface the following by saying that I have NO idea whether Miss Lohan or any of her extended family have changed for the better- or not in recent times or how much she still interacts with  them in her life:

Technically, I would agree that holding a person's awful family against them would be ludicrous.

HOWEVER; IF one's flame   attempts to insist that their still dysfunctional clan stay part of the package deal - and, especially, refuse to consider safeguarding one's hypothetical future minor offspring  from them , then I'd say that those would be valid reasons for one to reconsider if not cancel any permanent bond with said flame. 

IOW, if the ideal scenario of Miss Lohan herself changing for the better has happened and/or is in the process of happening AND most if not all of her relatives are doing the same. GREAT  NO PROBLEM!  BUT, if only Miss Lohan herself has/is changing for the better while her relatives aren't AND she tries to insist on keeping things 'as is' with them forever instead of enacting   boundaries with consequences  spelled out and enforced, then I'd say her fiance would be totally right to reconsider whether their presence/s would be worth having to endure in any permanent  bond with Miss Lohan. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, aradia22 said:

That's a weird story and really too bad. I always thought it was weird that Will wasn't in Vice or The Big Short. I have always been a fan of Will Ferrell but looking through his filmography, he hasn't really done anything since then that has been on the same level as those first four Adam McKay comedies (Talladega Nights is my favourite).

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
On 12/1/2021 at 10:18 AM, Blergh said:

I think they SHOULD look into that! Someone was needlessly killed and every possible link in that horrific chain needs to be gone over with a  fine-toothed comb as  thoroughly as possible- without flinching!

I had no doubt that they would investigate that angle as well as the handling of weapons on the set.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Now Alec Baldwin is saying "I didn't pull the trigger!" His lawyers should be telling him to sit down and shut up.

5 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

So how did the bullet leave the gun?  I'm sure his lawyers are shaking their heads. 

I think he's trying to say that he didn't deliberately pull the trigger, maybe implying that there was something wrong with the gun? His brain may be having trouble accepting the fact that someone died from a bullet in a gun that he shot & is coming up with how it could have happened in a way that he didn't do it.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, GaT said:

I think he's trying to say that he didn't deliberately pull the trigger, maybe implying that there was something wrong with the gun? His brain may be having trouble accepting the fact that someone died from a bullet in a gun that he shot & is coming up with how it could have happened in a way that he didn't do it.

And he sounds like an idiot.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, GaT said:

He didn’t use the word deliberately in his interview.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Now Alec Baldwin is saying "I didn't pull the trigger!" His lawyers should be telling him to sit down and shut up.

I’ve wondered about this because the early descriptions did make it sound like he was showing them what he planned to do when the gun went off. It didn’t sound like he had intentionally fired which makes sense because it they were just setting up angles rather than filming. Of course it’s very possible they just think he didn’t fire because it is common to not have a clear recall when you’re not completely focused. 

7 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

So how did the bullet leave the gun?  I'm sure his lawyers are shaking their heads. 

Analysis: Yes, Alec Baldwin’s Gun Could Have Fired Without Him Pulling the Trigger

In Baldwin’s case, though, the claim is at least somewhat more believable. That’s because the gun involved is more prone to firing without the trigger being pulled. And, even though it’s a modern replica of an antique design, it’s possible it did not include modern safety devices.

However, a single-action revolver with the old-style firing mechanism can fire without either the hammer being cocked or the trigger being pulled. When the hammer is down on that kind of revolver, the firing pin protrudes and, if a live round is loaded in the chamber underneath, a sharp enough jolt can cause the pin to strike the round’s primer with enough force to set it off.

This is why the “cowboy load” was developed. When carrying an old-style single-action revolver, it’s best practice to leave the chamber underneath the hammer unloaded. That way, a jolt can’t unintentionally set off a round.

None of that means Baldwin’s story is entirely accurate. It’s not clear if drawing a gun from a holster in this state would be enough to set it off. It still seems more plausible Baldwin pulled the trigger. But, the gun firing without the trigger being pulled is not as far-fetched as it sounds at first.

There were two previous incidents of accidental fire on that set. That combined with the stories of how badly the guns were maintained makes nearly anything possible. 

Edited by Guest

Another weapons expert said today that with the type of gun Baldwin used, it was impossible to fire the gun without pulling the trigger. 

Hopefully, this will all be settled and explained in court.  I'm pretty sure there will be weapons experts testifying for the defense and prosecution.  

• Useful 7
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Another weapons expert said today that with the type of gun Baldwin used, it was impossible to fire the gun without pulling the trigger. 

Hopefully, this will all be settled and explained in court.  I'm pretty sure there will be weapons experts testifying for the defense and prosecution.  

In response to the interview the sheriff’s office investigating as said they are awaiting results from the FBI on what was necessary to fire the gun. 

It probably will matter very little in the end because he should have been able to pull the trigger without hurting anyone. The people to blame are the ones responsible for putting a loaded weapon in his hand. 

Whether he pulled the trigger or not he probably needs to believe he didn’t for his own peace of mind. 

Edited by Guest
On 12/2/2021 at 4:21 PM, Vermicious Knid said:

I watched his interview with George Stephanopolis tonight. I think he came off ..not great. He only seemed to get emotional when talking about his own career, not about the loss of another human’s life. 

He did look terrible and I believe him when he says he’s distressed and not sleeping. Of course the lack of sleep could be because he basically lives at a daycare center. 

Edited by Duke2801
Apparently I don’t know anything about prop guns on film sets
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Dani said:

In response to the interview the sheriff’s office investigating as said they are awaiting results from the FBI on what was necessary to fire the gun. 

It probably will matter very little in the end because he should have been able to pull the trigger without hurting anyone. The people to blame are the ones responsible for putting a loaded weapon in his hand. 

Whether he pulled the trigger or not he probably need to believe he didn’t for his own peace of mind. 

The AD is now backing Alec's claim that he never pulled the trigger

Torraco said, “...that the entire time Baldwin had his finger outside the trigger guard, parallel to the barrel, and that he told me since day one he thought it was a misfire. I know, and until Alec said that, it was just really hard to believe, but Dave has told me since the very first day I met him that Alec did not pull that trigger.”

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

I have no idea who these people are, I think they're on some reality show, but every time I see a photo of this guy, I think he's the guy from 90 day fiancé (another show I don't watch)

b66b49125bd34344bf2ef77caf175371_md.jpg big-ed-brown-claims-that-he-deserves-lov

I find this very suspicious , how has she managed to come up with another hair problem?

Gorilla Glue Girl's Hair is Falling Out After Dying it Brown

Tessica Brown says the problems reared their ugly head after she tried dying her hair brown ... and now she's seeing her hair fall out, and documenting her saga once again for social media.

Yes, please post your hair woes on social media again, I'm sure it has nothing to do with how much money you made the first time you did it. Will you be selling hair dye through your hair care company?

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

I think he came off ..not great. He only seemed to get emotional when talking about his own career, not about the loss of another human’s life. I assume for legal reasons he’s been told not to admit to any wrongdoing,  yet it was hard to watch him speak about the incident and not express even a hint of remorse over not checking—for himself—that the gun was cold before aiming it. 

I gave him a pass about the roadside interview and was initially inclined to be sympathetic to him, but he and his famewhore wife have both been making complete asses out of themselves on social media for weeks now. They have no shame and really do seem to only feel sorry for themselves. I suspect attorneys and PR people have been begging them to shut the fuck up and didn't advise him to do this interview to begin with. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
26 minutes ago, GaT said:

Tessica Brown says the problems reared their ugly head after she tried dying her hair brown ... and now she's seeing her hair fall out, and documenting her saga once again for social media.

Strange coincidence that she's flying to some hair clinic in L.A. for help again, and mentions them by name.    There's a reason that you should run a patch test before trying a new dye, and for a dramatic change, go to a professional hair dresser.        

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
53 minutes ago, GaT said:

The AD is now backing Alec's claim that he never pulled the trigger

I saw that and that just makes me doubt the claim that Baldwin didn’t pull the trigger. The AD is the guy who can’t remember if the armorer spun the cylinder to verify it wasn’t loaded but he knows for certain Baldwin didn’t pull the trigger. That seems virtually impossible unless he stood there staring at the trigger. Otherwise, when you hear the sound of a gun firing you are going to assume the trigger was pulled. The only person who should know the truth is Baldwin and even he could be wrong. 

10 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Strange coincidence that she's flying to some hair clinic in L.A. for help again, and mentions them by name.    There's a reason that you should run a patch test before trying a new dye, and for a dramatic change, go to a professional hair dresser.        

I guess her line of hair car products and song flopped so she has to extend those 15 minutes of fame somehow. 

8 hours ago, GaT said:

I find this very suspicious , how has she managed to come up with another hair problem?

Yes, please post your hair woes on social media again, I'm sure it has nothing to do with how much money you made the first time you did it. Will you be selling hair dye through your hair care company?

Would you buy hair care products from someone who screws up their own hair this often?

Assuming for the sake of argument, she is not just doing this for attention and/or money, girl, step AWAY from the do it yourself hair care.   You obviously are terrible at it.   Leave it to the professionals.

• Love 19
9 hours ago, GaT said:

She's... not smart. Her hair and scalp have been through some serious trauma and she needs to treat them very gently for at least a year before trying anything harsh like lifting her natural color to go lighter.

In news that makes me smirk; it's a shame he won't go to prison for it, but I can dream.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

John Cho is to receive Legacy Award at 19th annual Unforgettable Gala.  I'll be forever mad, but always happy to hear good news about former Sleepy Hollow actors I liked.

https://deadline.com/2021/12/john-cho-legacy-award-2021-unforgettable-gala-1234883319/

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/john-cho-to-receive-lexus-legacy-award-at-19th-annual-unforgettable-gala-presented-by-lexus-301437279.html

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 12
On 12/3/2021 at 8:21 AM, Popples said:

In news that makes me smirk; it's a shame he won't go to prison for it, but I can dream.

KPRC 2 Houston

@KPRC2

Breaking news: Money, checks found in wall of Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church, years after $600K burglary

So who stole the cookie from the cookie jar and hid it in the wall?  

Edited by MissAlmond
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, Annber03 said:

A televangelist committing fraud. I am shocked, I tell you, just shocked

Legit question.   Has there ever been a televangelist not accused of shady shit? On a related note I watched Eyes of Tammy Faye earlier today.  Jessica Chastain was fabulous. 

• Love 11
7 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Legit question.   Has there ever been a televangelist not accused of shady shit? On a related note I watched Eyes of Tammy Faye earlier today.  Jessica Chastain was fabulous. 

Hmmmm….I don’t recall anything scandalous  with Billy Graham, Sr.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3

Dancing with the Stars was so clearly counting on Jojo Siwa to take the "historic female/female couple" win this season with the resulting publicity that it would have given them and the fact that she didn't reminds me of how the 2021 Oscars ended up.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 4

Suggestion for DWTS - 

Take a cue from The Big Leap (Fox, Monday 9pm), and ditch the celebudolts altogether, and revamp the show with 'every day people'.  Oh, and rehire Tom Bergeron.  I'm meh on Aaron Andrews.  Haven't watch 10 seconds of this latest season, but to be honest, I haven't watched much for the last 3 seasons.  

• Love 2