Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

I think that, unless either party was egregiously at fault, it's best to simply say, "the marriage just didn't work out".

Yeah, it's vague, but it's not inaccurate, and at least you don't run the risk of shitting the bed and needlessly making someone (namely yourself) look bad. There's a time for brutal honesty, and then there's a time to say as little as possible... or to keep your yapper shut altogether.

There's no shame in reticence. 

Especially when there are children involved.  Their children are 16, 12 and 9 - old enough to be aware (and mortified) when their father makes these public remarks.   Why would you do that to your kids?  

• Love 22

I have not seen this interview so have no idea if it went down this way or not, but I don’t like Howard Stern as an interviewer because I think he tends to interrupt and say things for his guest.  They start to explain and he talks over them again and I give up.  This in no way means to diminish Ben’s stupidity in speaking about his marriage publicly.  Just stop, Ben.  Stop.  And when you realize you’ve dug yourself a hole put down the shovel.  No one cares if your feelings were hurt.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
46 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

I have not seen this interview so have no idea if it went down this way or not, but I don’t like Howard Stern as an interviewer because I think he tends to interrupt and say things for his guest.  They start to explain and he talks over them again and I give up.  This in no way means to diminish Ben’s stupidity in speaking about his marriage publicly.  Just stop, Ben.  Stop.  And when you realize you’ve dug yourself a hole put down the shovel.  No one cares if your feelings were hurt.

Excellent points! Though why any independent competent adult would intentionally go on Mr. Stern's show to   debase themselves is something ,I will never understand (to say nothing of why he himself is considered a fellow celeb instead of pariah in their circles). 

• Love 14

On 12/16/2021 at 4:49 PM, Irlandesa said:

Second, why would J-Lo carefully consider anything?  She has the worst taste in men and I don't think she's ever going to get better at picking.  So she may as well just enjoy her life full of ill-fated romances and take the happiness, even if it's fleeting, that it affords her. 

20 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Given her track record, I'm not 100% convinced J-Lo cares too much as "happily ever after" in a relationship. I think she is one of those people who loves falling in love, loves the rush of the beginning of a relationship.

J Lo is one of those women who can't be without a man. I've read interviews with her where she says she can't be alone, so as soon as her relationship ends with one, she latches onto another. Every time one of her relationships end & she moves on to the next I hear people talking about how her old man is kicking himself for losing her, but I always think they dodged a bullet. J Lo seems like one needy bitch who can't maintain a relationship to me. Not a mature woman who has bad luck with men.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, PepSinger said:

1) Interesting how it’s always a woman’s fault when a relationship fails, especially when a relationship involves two people.

2) If expecting my partner not to publicly humiliate me by cheating on me with zero discretion classifies me as a “needy bitch,” then yes, friends, I am indeed a needy bitch.

Look, I know J. Lo isn’t particularly popular with certain folks, but blaming the failure of her relationships 100% on her is just too much, especially when information is publicly available as to why previous relationships didn’t work out. 

Since she's the common denominator in all those failed relationships, then yes, she gets the blame. Even if the relationships failed because the man cheated, she's the one who chose that man, that's on her. If she's just going from man to man without taking the time to figure out what went wrong with all her other relationships, then yes, needy bitch it is.

Speaking as someone who is currently single and has constantly evaluated her previous relationships, I still haven’t met a guy that isn’t a complete asshole. I’ve just learned to cut bait earlier than I used to do. She could be doing the same thing. 

Yes to this. I deactivated my online dating account a month or two ago. I just can't wade through all that garbage anymore. Trying relationships on for size seems even more exhausting (compared to sifting through profiles and even going on dates) but if she's enjoying herself and not hurting anyone... It takes a lot to find a decent guy. I don't think it necessarily helps that she's looking for one in the entertainment industry. Maybe that's why so many actresses have instead paired up with non-celebs who are just really, really rich.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, PepSinger said:

And how do you know that she isn’t taking the time to figure out what went wrong with previous relationships? Speaking as someone who is currently single and has constantly evaluated her previous relationships, I still haven’t met a guy that isn’t a complete asshole. I’ve just learned to cut bait earlier than I used to do. She could be doing the same thing. 

With J.Lo I don't think it is a cut-bait issue though.  She seems to cut relationships rather quickly.  She's had two marriages that lasted a year or less. 

I think her issue, especially looking at her public dating history is that she seems to jump into the relationships rather quickly.  And it isn't just casual serial dating -- but she is full on married or engaged within 6-7 months after ending a previous relationship. 

She was married to Chris Judd within 7 mos of ending things with Diddy.  And then she was involved with Ben Affleck (rumored)  while she was still married to Chris and she and Ben were engaged six months after her divorce from Chris. And then she was married to Marc Anthony 6 months after she and Ben split up. 

And this revived relationship with Ben kinda tracks.  It felt like the last words of the public statement about her break up with ARod was barely uttered before the next sentence was about her and Ben being on again.

Interestingly, if I had to guess, i would say of all her relationships, even though she was married for a long time to Marc Anthony and has kids with him, I always got the impression that Ben was THE ONE. 

But as an observer, I always felt that Ben did to her what she did to Diddy.  She couldn't hack Diddy's lifestyle and what it meant to be really part of East Coast Hip Hop at that time.  Her 'Jenny From the Block' street cred was about as "street" as Taylor Swift in comparison.  She peaced out real quick and went to someone tame and super safe (Chris).  And Ben similarly just couldn't hack the brand of publicity she brought, her on-all-the time super blinged up fame.  So he peaced out and went to someone similarly safe (Jenn G.). 

• Useful 2
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, DearEvette said:

With J.Lo I don't think it is a cut-bait issue though.  She seems to cut relationships rather quickly.  She's had two marriages that lasted a year or less. 

I think her issue, especially looking at her public dating history is that she seems to jump into the relationships rather quickly.  And it isn't just casual serial dating -- but she is full on married or engaged within 6-7 months after ending a previous relationship. 

She was married to Chris Judd within 7 mos of ending things with Diddy.  And then she was involved with Ben Affleck (rumored)  while she was still married to Chris and she and Ben were engaged six months after her divorce from Chris. And then she was married to Marc Anthony 6 months after she and Ben split up. 

And this revived relationship with Ben kinda tracks.  It felt like the last words of the public statement about her break up with ARod was barely uttered before the next sentence was about her and Ben being on again.

Exactly. And don't forget that she was divorced from her first husband, Ojani Noa, in 1998, then dated Tommy Mottola, & by 1999 was deep into it with Diddy. It's just one after another with no break.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, GaT said:

If she's just going from man to man without taking the time to figure out what went wrong with all her other relationships, then yes, needy bitch it is.

I guess call me a bit puritanical, but I'm wondering why her being needy has to be qualified as a needy bitch. Can't she just simply be labeled needy without the additional misogynistic label thrown in for good measure? Just a thought. 

11 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Interestingly, if I had to guess, i would say of all her relationships, even though she was married for a long time to Marc Anthony and has kids with him, I always got the impression that Ben was THE ONE. 

No need to guess, she's pretty much openly confirmed it. In her memoir, she called Ben her greatest heartbreak and there was a clear sense of, "the one that got away" in the way she spoke out him.

She also pretty much owned Marc being a rebound because yes, she has also admittedly owned not liking to be alone. None of this stuff is exactly a secret. It's also why despite not thinking it's a good idea, I for one am not surprised J Lo and Ben found their way back to each other. 

I don't see it lasting but I do think there was something unfinished about their story. Hopefully this time they can get the closure they didn't 20 years ago and finally close the door on that whole saga for good. 

It felt like the last words of the public statement about her break up with ARod was barely uttered before the next sentence was about her and Ben being on again.

In the interest of fairness, if you believe the gossip and supposedly there was a lot of strong evidence supporting it, A Rod was cheating in the relationship. There was some saga with some reality show star from Southern Charm I believe. They initially put up a united front but the whispers were loud by then that things were all but over.

I also think excluding Ben's presence, J Lo and A Rod were another couple that fell victim to the pandemic. We all heard the many stories of couples who, when forced to be around each other every day, all the time, suddenly realized that they kind of didn't like each other so much. 

J Lo and A Rod were supposed to get married in Italy in summer 2020 but of course the pandemic forced them to postpone. The second she started casually mentioning in interviews how the pandemic made them realize that a wedding and marriage wasn’t really necessary to their commitment and how they didn't have to do it to prove they loved each other, etc. the writing was on the wall. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 19

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/sex-city-star-chris-noth-173034312.html

More sexual assault accusations this time Chris North. 

He denies it was assault, but doesn't deny it happened, just says it was consensual. He was 55 and she was 18 at the time, and it happened in the back office of a restaurant. Classy, either way, Chris. 

Also the restaurant was Da Marino.  That's not a misprint. Not Dan Marino's restaurant. It's Da Marino 

5 hours ago, DearEvette said:

And this revived relationship with Ben kinda tracks.  It felt like the last words of the public statement about her break up with ARod was barely uttered before the next sentence was about her and Ben being on again

I don’t blame her. If the guy I’m currently with cheated on me, I would also break up with a quickness and immediately reach out to “The One That Got Away” if I knew that guy was single, too. No need to waste time if you know what you want, LOL.

2 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I guess call me a bit puritanical, but I'm wondering why her being needy has to be qualified as a needy bitch. Can't she just simply be labeled needy without the additional misogynistic label thrown in for good measure? Just a thought

Totally.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12

He denies it was assault, but doesn't deny it happened, just says it was consensual. He was 55 and she was 18 at the time, and it happened in the back office of a restaurant. Classy, either way, Chris. 

In the article I read he said he had no idea who she was. Has he changed that? It seemed weird because she claimed he would come to the restaurant and sing duets with her so it would be easy to find people to back that up.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

In the article I read he said he had no idea who she was. Has he changed that? It seemed weird because she claimed he would come to the restaurant and sing duets with her so it would be easy to find people to back that up.

If I'm not mistaken, he claimed the first two were consensual and then he claimed he'd never met the third woman. I imagine he thought the denial by way of consensual argument was going to work better than it did when the news first hit the media and has changed tactics accordingly. It seems like she told people, including friends and her parents, what happened at the time. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, aradia22 said:

I didn't get that impression from this article but havent looked for any more information about it.  I went back and reread it and can't tell if his statement is about the first two accusations or all three. 

It would seem easy to confirm if he'd ever been there so to deny he knows her is odd.  Credit card receipts, work records and time cards that match up the dates wouldn't be hard to produce. 

• Useful 2

I always thought the neediest bitch in Hollywood was Leonardo DiCaprio. He can't go ten minutes without a new, younger, woman to stroke him. He's pathetic.

Jennifer Lopez, on the other hand, seems to really enjoy her dating life. She's into serial monogamy and having a great time.

• Love 18

The walls are definitely closing in on Chris Noth. A single accusation is one thing and even that can be plenty damaging depending on the nature of the accusation. But multiple women coming forward with similar stories is pretty damning.

There's also his former co-star talking about how difficult working with him was and some have even pulled up old accusations against him from Beverly Johnson. The latter was likely forgotten by many because it apparently happened a long time ago, pre the current social climate regarding men in Hollywood. 

So yeah, probably best he only agreed to a one-episode deal for And Just Like That. Because something tells me he'd be getting written out right about now if his character wasn't already dead. These many accusations can't all be lies.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
57 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

The walls are definitely closing in on Chris Noth. A single accusation is one thing and even that can be plenty damaging depending on the nature of the accusation. But multiple women coming forward with similar stories is pretty damning.

There's also his former co-star talking about how difficult working with him was and some have even pulled up old accusations against him from Beverly Johnson. The latter was likely forgotten by many because it apparently happened a long time ago, pre the current social climate regarding men in Hollywood. 

So yeah, probably best he only agreed to a one-episode deal for And Just Like That because something tells me he'd be getting written out right about now if his character wasn't already dead. These many accusations can't all be lies.

I knew of but never watched Sex and the City so didn't give a hoot about And Just Like That.  I have watched The Equalizer and seen Chris Noth in countless Law and Order reruns.  There's something about Noth in his recent Peloton commercial that made me suddenly think of Beverly Johnson.  I don't know what it is, but it triggered that memory in me and I never met the man.   May his victims receive justice.  

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

I didn't get that impression from this article but havent looked for any more information about it.  I went back and reread it and can't tell if his statement is about the first two accusations or all three. 

It would seem easy to confirm if he'd ever been there so to deny he knows her is odd.  Credit card receipts, work records and time cards that match up the dates wouldn't be hard to produce. 

Here’s his first statement in response to the first two accusations:

“The accusations against me made by individuals I met years, even decades, ago are categorically false. These stories could’ve been from 30 years ago or 30 days ago — no always means no — that is a line I did not cross. The encounters were consensual. It’s difficult not to question the timing of these stories coming out. I don’t know for certain why they are surfacing now, but I do know this: I did not assault these women.”

And his reps response to the third accusation that @aradia22 is referring to. 

"The story is a complete fabrication, and the alleged accounts detailed throughout read like a piece of bad fiction," a rep for Noth told PEOPLE Friday. "As Chris stated yesterday, he has and would never cross that line."

47 minutes ago, Dani said:

Here’s his first statement in response to the first two accusations:

And his reps response to the third accusation that @aradia22 is referring to. 

This is what I was referencing in my original post. It's from The Daily Beast article that broke the news of a third accuser:

"When reached for comment, Noth’s publicist said that Noth 'denies this as ever happening and has no idea who this woman is.'”

• Love 6
2 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

There's also his former co-star talking about how difficult working with him was and some have even pulled up old accusations against him from Beverly Johnson. The latter was likely forgotten by many because it apparently happened a long time ago, pre the current social climate regarding men in Hollywood

It was also forgotten because despite her fame, she is a Black woman.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Zella said:

This is what I was referencing in my original post. It's from The Daily Beast article that broke the news of a third accuser:

"When reached for comment, Noth’s publicist said that Noth 'denies this as ever happening and has no idea who this woman is.'”

Well Again the last part would be easy to check I think. Check credit card and records for the restaurant when she worked there. Can at least show you if he was there any time she was. 

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I would have guessed a net worth of at least 100 million more. 

When the conservatorship started in 2008 she was worth around 600 mil. She worked round-the-clock for the majority of those thirteen years, touring and doing residencies and albums? Where did Jamie Spears siphon all that money to?

• Useful 6
  • Love 6

My guess is that Britney's money went to her family, and the managers and others they hired.   Everyone was raking in big bucks, the father's legal bills came out of her money, I bet everyone in the family had everything paid by Britney all along.     I'm guessing the financial people were directed by the father, and made a lot of bad investments, and expensive purchases, all financed by her too. 

The father (according to the NY Post) is trying to get Britney to keep paying his legal bills.   I bet over the years, that had added up to millions.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
8 hours ago, LexieLily said:

When the conservatorship started in 2008 she was worth around 600 mil. She worked round-the-clock for the majority of those thirteen years, touring and doing residencies and albums? Where did Jamie Spears siphon all that money to?

Forbes estimated the net worth of  Britney's estate in 2001 was about $40 million and about $42 million in 2008. Court filings from 2014 put the net worth of her estate at $46 million. It is currently estimated at about $60 million. It would appear the net worth of Britney's estate has increased under her conservatorship.

$600 million sounds like it could be a reasonable estimate for lifetime gross earnings from album and concert sales, or it could just be some fantasy number from fan sites. Either way that has nothing to do with the net worth of Britneys' estate.

• Useful 7
  • Love 4
38 minutes ago, orza said:

$600 million sounds like it could be a reasonable estimate for lifetime gross earnings from album and concert sales,

Some people seem to think that if a concert tour makes 100 than the artist makes 100 million but it's so far from the truth.

One of the most interesting things Sharon Osbourne talked about one day on the talk show was about concerts and how much of that money is paid out for labor (styling, assistants, people minders or anyone travelling with them that doesn't involved setting up a show), travel, insurance and other miscellaneous cost. That is not even including manager, agent and promoter cost (equipment, band and labor for the tour). 

Edited by xfuse
Oops spelled SO name wrong
  • Love 8

I wonder if Miss Spears is planning to send legal bloodhounds to find out whether Mr. Spears and/or others misappropriated funds in during the conservatorship and if she would have cases to prosecute for theft and/or sue for compensation OR could Miss Spears just be so relieved that said conservatorship is FINALLY over that she simply plans to just spend her monies as she sees fit but not spend any more time going over what had happened. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Blergh said:

I wonder if Miss Spears is planning to send legal bloodhounds to find out whether Mr. Spears and/or others misappropriated funds in during the conservatorship and if she would have cases to prosecute for theft and/or sue for compensation OR could Miss Spears just be so relieved that said conservatorship is FINALLY over that she simply plans to just spend her monies as she sees fit but not spend any more time going over what had happened. 

Her lawyer engaged a forensic accountant months ago. That's when Jamie was ready to end the conservatorship with no strings.

• Love 17
12 hours ago, Blergh said:

I said if I were in Britney's shoes, I'd let things like interviews from 20 years ago go, but not so sure I could let a massive fortune I worked so incredibly hard for go. I know 60 million ain't chump change and she'd be fine, but still. 

• Love 9
10 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I said if I were in Britney's shoes, I'd let things like interviews from 20 years ago go, but not so sure I could let a massive fortune I worked so incredibly hard for go. I know 60 million ain't chump change and she'd be fine, but still. 

Time is usually the great equalizer isn't it?  If she would allow herself time to decompress and reset, she might just 'let it go'.  But again, there are outside forces (attorneys in this case) who will no doubt press for litigation, as a means of filling their own pockets with Brit's money.  She may have won the battle but lost the war.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
won, not one, idiot.
  • Useful 5
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Time is usually the great equalizer isn't it?  If she would allow herself time to decompress and reset, she might just 'let it go'.  But again, there are outside forces (attorneys in this case) who will no doubt press for litigation, as a means of filling their own pockets with Brit's money.  She may have one the battle but lost the war.

I agree that Miss Spears should think carefully re how much money she'd be willing to spend in order to see if she might recover any funds that appear to have been legally hers. While I admire her wanting to pursue this out of the principle to attempt to right   longstanding wrongs and/or frauds that appear to have been done to her down the years, I think she'd better calculate how much the legal eagles' rates are, and, if at all possible,  do the research re their track record and timing re  the recovery of previous clients' due monies THEN do the math and see if she ultimately will reap more than she'd fiscally risk/lose in this! 

BTW, regardless of whether one feels Miss Spears is right or wrong re calling out Diane Sawyer's somewhat overwhelming if not obnoxious interview in 2003, it should be noted that Miss Sawyer does NOT appear to have attempted to explain her side of what happened- much less apologized in the week since Miss Spears's calling her out. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Speaking of Holland, he and Zendaya are the third Spider-couple in a row, following Tobey Maguire-Kirsten Dunst and Andrew Garfield-Emma Stone. Apparently the casting directors at Sony should moonlight as matchmakers.

This history is why I don't buy Zendaya and Tom as a real couple. I do believe he is absolutely besotted with her, but I think she's just going along with the true romance narrative for PR purposes. From the moment TMZ "caught" the two of them making out in a car on a public street in broad daylight. I've sensed a plan afoot on someone's part. I'll be surprised if they're still together year from now.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Blergh said:

I agree that Miss Spears should think carefully re how much money she'd be willing to spend in order to see if she might recover any funds that appear to have been legally hers. While I admire her wanting to pursue this out of the principle to attempt to right   longstanding wrongs and/or frauds that appear to have been done to her down the years, I think she'd better calculate how much the legal eagles' rates are, and, if at all possible,  do the research re their track record and timing re  the recovery of previous clients' due monies THEN do the math and see if she ultimately will reap more than she'd fiscally risk/lose in this! 

Perhaps she could find a lawyer that would do it on contingency.  Then she wouldn't lose any money, but depending on the amount of money involved, it may up costing her more than an hourly rate if she wins.  Definitely needs to do homework.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

From the moment TMZ "caught" the two of them making out in a car on a public street in broad daylight. I've sensed a plan afoot on someone's part.

One kiss is making out? They were stopped at a red light. That doesn’t seem like a set-up situation to me. If it was just for the publicity they are really bad at it. 

2 hours ago, Blergh said:

It’s not that simple. There are still ongoing issues with the conservatorship and her father hasn’t just walked away. He is now requesting the Britney continue to pay his legal fees. Exposing any ways he mismanaged her money is part of protecting her going forward. 

On 12/16/2021 at 7:19 PM, kathyk24 said:

Britney hasn't been allowed to speak about anything due to the conservatorship. Let her tell her story now.

People are way, way, way too scandalized by a 40 year old woman speaking her mind. It's ridiculous.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, Dani said:

It’s not that simple. There are still ongoing issues with the conservatorship and her father hasn’t just walked away. He is now requesting the Britney continue to pay his legal fees. Exposing any ways he mismanaged her money is part of protecting her going forward

LOL, WHAT? My response would be “Bye, bitch!” followed by manically laughing cause ain’t no way…

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Dani said:

He is now requesting the Britney continue to pay his legal fees.

If the legal fees involved is due to her conservatorship than yes she should pay. I'm sure there has to be some business type things that takes more than a minute to transfer over. Taking someone's name of things takes time or in my normal life it did and somehow I think her business affairs are a little bit more complicated than mine. 

If they are just his legal fees than no she shouldn't.

4 hours ago, Blergh said:

Miss Sawyer does NOT appear to have attempted to explain her side of what happened- much less apologized in the week since Miss Spears's calling her out. 

I don't think that she has to apologize.

Brittney PR image was that she was the sweet former Disney girl who of course wasn't having sex and then it's all over everywhere that she was cheating on JT. It was the opposite of her image. Just like every time a Jonas brother was seen with a girl/woman they were asked if they were having sex or was their purity rings still good.

The most interesting thing or WTF moment is that Jamie Spears replied after Britney's post saying that he wasn't there and had nothing to do with her career at that time but wished her well. Britney's lawyer came back with a response that JS was bullying Britney. 

• Love 2