Type keyword(s) to search

Claire.....wait, There’s a Justin?

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

He shouldn't be wearing the hat inside, but the kid who paired the cowboy hat with the Yankees shirt cracked me up because they seem so incongruous together. Looks like a variation of some weird shit I'd have done at his age. You do you, kid. I approve.

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6
45 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Hey, Claire is allowed to wear pants! I was wondering if she'd go skirts only.

and Justin is wearing shorts! Duddy's knees have probably never had a photo op before this.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Quof said:

The boy in the cowboy hat appears in other photos to have a cranial deformity.   So he gets a big pass.

First looks:  Hiliarious looks kinda like Nurie.  2nd: if that was my family photo, my mother would have hid it in the attic; these are NOT good looking people.. something genetically wrong, i.e. Rods, Spivey, Duggar freaky inbred gene.. But that's just me (you should see some of our family portraits - but we are kids with parents.  THE END.  Sorry if I offended anyone

• Love 5
8 hours ago, crazy8s said:

and Justin is wearing shorts! Duddy's knees have probably never had a photo op before this.

Duddy looks so dorky in those shorts. But I’m glad the knees have been freed!  

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

In 5 years instead of being college graduates/working/getting to know themselves as adults... they will be just as uneducated with 3 kids in tow. Yay Gothard! I’m just sad for them.

Only 3???

• LOL 7
5 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

I agree. She's a very pretty girl. And she'd probably beside herself because she'd not pregnant yet. Or maybe she is. 

We know Claire is fundie, but that doesn't make her stupid. They've been married three weeks and she probably isn't too worried about being pregnant yet.  She's barely 20 years; she has a lot of time to have babies.  Of the eight Duggar couples, only Jill/Derick, Joy/Austin, and Joe/Kendra had honeymoon babies. Everyone was pregnant by the first anniversary, except Jinger. 

Also Claire's parents only have 6 kids. They've been married over 20 years.  Either they weren't that fertile or they took precautions to avoid more children than they can handle.  Either way hopefully Claire isn't worried about having a Duggar-sized family.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 20
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Can someone tell Claire she hasn't reached "adulthood" yet. Shit, I'm much older than her and there are days I'm not so sure I've reached adulthood.

This!! She's hardly an adult. She probably figures she's over 18. Or maybe when she started her period she thought she was an adult. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

That last pic... I wonder if Hilary insisted Justin put his arm around her, too, or if Justin is just so filled with love for his new family that he did it himself. Regardless, poor Jason on the end looks kind of left out.

I know there is no right or wrong way to choose your bridal party, but it looks odd to me that her mom and his brother are in the picture, as if Claire doesn't have a father in an otherwise "parents of the bride" picture.  Or that Michelle is missing from a "mothers of the bride and groom" picture.  It's not an obvious "best man and matron of honor" pic because, you know, it's her mother.

The optics are weird.

Edited by CouchTater
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, CouchTater said:

I know there is no right or wrong way to choose your bridal party, but it looks odd to me that her mom and his brother are in the picture, as if Claire doesn't have a father in an otherwise "parents of the bride" picture.  Or that Michelle is missing from a "mothers of the bride and groom" picture.  It's not an obvious "best man and matron of honor" pic because, you know, it's her mother.

The optics are weird.

Looks to me like Claire’s marrying Jason not Justin. 

• LOL 4
40 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

How sad to be Justin’s age and already losing your hair... 

Duggar males have quite the short shelf life.  No wonder they wear their hats indoors.

they completely miss the obvious marketing opportunity it;s the CapillusUltra Mobile Laser Therapy Cap for Hair Regrowth - they all wear hats, they are all rapidly losing hair even in the late teens/early 20s https://www.amazon.com/Capillus82-Mobile-Laser-Therapy-Regrowth/dp/B075SHTXYF

but only the Duggar wimen folk seem to shill products

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, sleepysuzy said:

I get that 18-21 is young to be married and starting a family, but they are legally adults. I teach teenagers, and I'm constantly reminding the 18 and 19-year-olds that they are adults. They don't need parental consent to make decisions for their lives *which would be a good point about adulthood for the Duggars to grasp*, they can get jobs without parent permission, they can vote, they can enlist, and they can get married. My parents were out of their respective family homes at 17 and 18, married at 19 and 20. I left for college out of state at 17. One of my sisters married at 19 and is now expecting her 6th child with her husband, with whom she runs a farm. 

The problem with fundie offspring is not their age so much as the lack of life experience and independence. I have no problem with a young adult couple marrying early if they have jobs or are in college or in some way have demonstrated adult decision making. Many of the Duggars never seem to have that opportunity, even into their 30s.

Yes, they're legally adults. But sheltered to the point that they're not much more mature than tweens. She acts in that post like she's my age. 

• Love 8

18 - 21 year olds may be legal adults, but even the most mature of that age group are still very young in the scheme of things. Add to that, their frontal lobes won't finish maturing until around age 25.

I'm the youngest of 4, yet have always had a great amount of common sense. I was repeatedly told I was wise beyond my years. What I didn't know in my late teens and early 20s, would fill volumes. And then more volumes.

Most of these laws about legal adulthood were made when times were different. The saying, “Youth is the most precious thing in life; it is too bad it has to be wasted on young folks.”, is true because every kid wants to be an adult, because they don't really know what adulthood is. But really, IMO, its society that actually makes them all grow up too fast.

• Love 13
14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

18 - 21 year olds may be legal adults, but even the most mature of that age group are still very young in the scheme of things. Add to that, their frontal lobes won't finish maturing until around age 25.

These are my thoughts on the idea of adulthood as well. After I did some reading on brain development years ago, I find it hard to consider an 18 year old a physical/biological adult. The law allows them to make some adult decisions, and some are more mature than others and will "take" to those things better than others...but I tend to consider college-age people as in transition from kid to adult. 

• Love 8
On 3/20/2021 at 8:58 AM, BigBingerBro said:

Well, Claire has the "hand on my man" pose down.  The boy in green looks miserable.

The kid in green looks like his left hand is trying to correct a wedgie. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Heathen said:

The kid in green looks like his left hand is trying to correct a wedgie. 

From the look on his face and where he's putting his hands, I think he might have just had a spanking

• Love 2
Just now, ginger90 said:

I may have missed this, but did David Waller perform the ceremony?

Yes the Spivey church is where FDW is now pastor. You can see Prissy in the background of one picture.

• Useful 8
1 minute ago, ozziemom said:

Yes the Spivey church is where FDW is now pastor. You can see Prissy in the background of one picture.

Thanks , I thought it looked like him, and then I saw her.

19 minutes ago, emma675 said:

In the second picture, Abbie does not look happy to be there. And there is a girl on the far left who is barefoot when no one else is. Yuck. 

Is the barefoot one Joy? 

Abbie's looks like a "hurry up and get it over with" expression, to me. I don't blame her. Weddings must get pretty dull when there's so many. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Abbie has "Reluctant Bridesmaid" written all over her face. I'm guessing she didn't want to be part of the wedding but was too nice to say no.

Hannie in bare feet is disgusting. My grandmother would've bitch slapped me if I ever did that in church.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Is that Hannie flashing 'gang' (lol) signals?

JB forever wearing his coat, all day long.

Duggars and gang signs is like people over 40 trying to stay relevant. But it’s just not a good look.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Abbie has "Reluctant Bridesmaid" written all over her face. I'm guessing she didn't want to be part of the wedding but was too nice to say no.

Hannie in bare feet is disgusting. My grandmother would've bitch slapped me if I ever did that in church.

The nuns would have done that to us! 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, awaken said:

What a shlumpy outfit for Claire to wear for her wedding rehearsal!  She usually looks so put together. The big shapeless brown shirt and denim skirt does her no favors. 

In fairness everyone was dressed like they were doing their best Nicolette Grant imitation.

518127-sevigny_goodwin.jpg?itok=tlIeOiUS

20090323_bigluv_560x375.jpg

• LOL 10
16 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Duggars and gang signs is like people over 40 trying to stay relevant. But it’s just not a good look.

People over 40 are irrelevant? Seriously?

I don't see anything wrong with people using their phones during a rehearsal. It's just a rehearsal -- not a funeral. 

• Love 15