Type keyword(s) to search

Claire.....wait, There’s a Justin?

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

Justin may well have an edge on his brothers, but that doesn't mean much. He was the 14th child and a newborn when the first special aired, was 3 when Johannah, the first of the Lost Girls was born and only 7 when Miracle came along. I think Jason and Justin got lost in the shuffle and the only reason James wasn't totally ignored is because he was Jill's buddy.

In the Duggar family being ignored can be a good thing.

So as far as being a Duggar male he may be a tad more mature at 18 than his brothers, but his brothers are about 5 years behind the curve. And Justin is still Fundy and still a Duggar.

• Love 11

have we talked here about hilary's post and them having the Wikstroms visit this weekend? A Wickstrom girl also apparently engaged - hilary's caption with the pics

"What a blessed surprise to have the Wikstroms with us this weekend. Warmed our hearts! And fun for the gals to get to see each other’s rings and share engagement stories. Last time to get together before one gets married!!"

Hillary is in the shit up to her eyebrows - let's see if Juddy, Dude, Bud or whatever name she calls him can keep up paying for a bunch of kids and trying to work, while running off to film for daddy's ministry. go hunting and skiing with his brothers etc. can't remember if he is one who dashes off with mediccorps. I don't think so, but he was a minor until recently.

ETA - Lauren Andregg is/was engaged to Devin Wikstrom, I think

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

have we talked here about hilary's post and them having the Wikstroms visit this weekend? A Wickstrom girl also apparently engaged - hilary's caption with the pics

"What a blessed surprise to have the Wikstroms with us this weekend. Warmed our hearts! And fun for the gals to get to see each other’s rings and share engagement stories. Last time to get together before one gets married!!"

Here’s the post, with 10 pictures: ( the other wedding is in a week)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIttlZGjijo/?hl=en

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Defensive much? Thank god we have a teenager telling us how to wisely manage our finances!

8F9ECBC6-5D19-410C-93B9-A5B0281D7125.jpeg

Enjoy your smug, defensive, Gothard-soaked  happy talk now, Hilary Junior. You'll have plenty of decades ahead to learn the real facts of life with your 18-year-old Duggar male baby. 

• Love 20
13 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Buying a ring is nothing. 

I agree. It's not like Claire has some massive 10-carat rock. Justin probably spent a few thousand, which I could see him having saved within the timeframe of their courtship. 

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, awaken said:

They have 10 children?  The one older sister looks just like Claire.  The little kids are cute- several of them look very different from one another! 

According to Fundie Wiki (whose accuracy I can't vouch for, but who list the full names/ birthdates of all the Spivey kids, so they seem to be in the know), there are only six little Spiveys. Claire is the oldest, and the youngest is four. Maybe the other kids in the picture are cousins or something?

• Useful 1

and to the above post - not sure if that is the double wide Justin supposedly flipped but JB owned it until this past week

it is a mobile home on a 4 acre lot

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

When the Justin (it is Justin, right) and Claire news first broke, the only plus I saw was that Justin was becoming one of those kids who got more or less adopted by their significant other's family. I guess not. Those poor kids (and even poorer parade of babies starting next year).

And for the record, you sanctimonious hypocrites, the reason most 18 year olds aren't getting married is that they're too busy getting educated and figuring out how to set themselves up for stable and independent lives. Plus, they have adults in their lives who actually care about their child's futures and not the just prestige of being - or marrying- a Duggar.

Edited by satrunrose
  • Love 15

I cannot believe a woman in her 50’s (? right), mother of 19, and grandmother,  would print her name with a heart over the I like a preteen! 

1 minute ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Now my question is will Mrs. Robinson drag the rest of the clan to Arkansas too?

Woman is so damn thirsty she's drank the Atlantic Ocean dry and is still parched. 

Yeah, I don’t see her letting Justin and Claire move an inch out of her grasp. If the “kids” move back to Arkansas, I’m sure she’ll have them flying back and forth, or flying them back and forth, regularly!  She’s a hardcore Duggar adjacent. 

• Love 14
6 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

She seems rather defensive. Perhaps it’s because she’s enabling two immature children to marry? 

Yes i'm back and i'm fine.. if i remember correctly (which I do) when i was 18 I was working a part-time job, going to school, hanging out with my friiends til my dad whistled and we went home for supper.. I feel so sad for these people..girls/boys that all they have to look forward to is marriage.. that was the LAST thing on my mind at 18.  SMH

• Love 11
1 hour ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

I'm sorry, but if an engaged man still refers to his dad/father as "daddy" then he's not mature enough to be married. 

I personally give people a pass on this. Down South, I've seen guys in their 60s still call their dads Daddy. I mean, I'm in my 30s, and that's what I still call my father and don't think it is a reflection of my maturity one way or another. 

But I cosign everything else you said. There is no indication that Justin has any real maturity or, well, anything. The Spiveys and Duggars are basically just setting him up to be Ben 2.0, though perhaps with a less shrewish wife. 

• Love 16
3 hours ago, awaken said:

I cannot believe a woman in her 50’s (? right), mother of 19, and grandmother,  would print her name with a heart over the I like a preteen! 

Yeah, I don’t see her letting Justin and Claire move an inch out of her grasp. If the “kids” move back to Arkansas, I’m sure she’ll have them flying back and forth, or flying them back and forth, regularly!  She’s a hardcore Duggar adjacent. 

Michelle is 54. 

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I personally give people a pass on this. Down South, I've seen guys in their 60s still call their dads Daddy. I mean, I'm in my 30s, and that's what I still call my father and don't think it is a reflection of my maturity one way or another. 

But I cosign everything else you said. There is no indication that Justin has any real maturity or, well, anything. The Spiveys and Duggars are basically just setting him up to be Ben 2.0, though perhaps with a less shrewish wife. 

Justin is just an interchangeable J'boy. The only thing most people would remember him for is that he was the last Duggar kiddo that wasn't featured on a birth special. If that. He would have been the wee tot when Jackson was born. He may also be remembered for making sure Jordyn had some breakfast. 

It'll be telling once the Howlers get married how their lives play out. From Joy on down they were "parented" by their respective sister-moms (some more than others). Do they follow the script or go off key? Who knows. Justin might have a leg up on his brothers with regards for working for the Spiveys in construction. He may actually be able to eventually transfer those skills to a certified trade if he's ambitious enough. I'm unsure as to what the other Howlers actually DO. They all train as pilots but are these pilot skills going to translate into actual job jobs down the line?

My bet is on Justin and Claire getting back to Texas as soon as they can. I would not be the least surprised if being featured on Counting On post wedding was contingent on moving back to Arkansas. TLC having to film over three states for the foreseeable future is probably less than ideal, especially if they're even half assing the COVID precautions (constant testing of crew, etc). This isn't 90 Day Fiance. The Duggars are no longer their cash cow. TLC isn't going to add another expense for the Duggars. Even E! finally said no to the Kardashians (allegedly).

• Love 9
10 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Justin seems to have had a piece of property in Washington county gifted to him from JB this week. 12/08/2020. some property and a house on War Eagle Blacktop rd moved from JB to Justin on the 8th.  Seems the the newlyweds might be headed back to Arkansas after all.

and michelle printed her name as a signature with a little heart over the i - I don't think she can sign her name.

Screenshot (9).png

So....we were a little bit happy because we thought Justin might end up working for Spivey's company instead of for JB....But....guess not? 

And since when do you send?/allow? your teenager to move to another state to date court a girl but then reel him back to your place when he marries? That's just weird.......

Or will this just be the young Duggar-Spivey wealth creators' second home, for them to stay in when they're visiting the B-i-i-i-G important "Justin's Daddy" homestead? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, awaken said:

That she would do it at all is unbelievable.   That she would do so to affix her signature to a legal document is beyond stupidity.

7 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

My bet is on Justin and Claire getting back to Texas as soon as they can. I would not be the least surprised if being featured on Counting On post wedding was contingent on moving back to Arkansas. TLC having to film over three states for the foreseeable future is probably less than ideal, especially if they're even half assing the COVID precautions (constant testing of crew, etc). This isn't 90 Day Fiance. The Duggars are no longer their cash cow. TLC isn't going to add another expense for the Duggars. Even E! finally said no to the Kardashians (allegedly).

Taking over to small talk.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Someone did some research and found that Claire originally opened her IG account under the name “Claire Duggar.” How long have they been engaged?

EF13EA0D-8141-4AC5-A231-3FD72D2D8A4F.png

I see this as equivalent to a junior-high me, scribbling my latest crushes' last name after my first name, on my PeeChee.  It's about the same maturity level with these two.  If they have any decency, they'll elope, and spare 1,000 guests from a major gift grift.  Oh shoot, what am I saying?  That'll never happen.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16

All of the Duggar girls change their IG names when they start courting. Because what a shame if someone where to take JessaSeewald or JillmDillard? These people think way too highly of themselves. Plus, they're super emotionally immature. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
47 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

My point in the Claire and Justin thread is every network has their limit and every reality TV family will either have to make concessions or walk.

13 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I agree - I think they will do what is required to keep the show going (and therefore keeping JB happy), including plopping themselves down where TLC needs them for purposes of shooting the episodes. And playing along with whatever the narrative is for the show, however phoney. Because, they could be living or planning to live in Texas within Mr. Spivey's orbit (and his business operations). It's all for the greater glory of JB and Jesus, and the TLC bucks.

• Love 5

Justin joined a Texas church and the pastor is David Waller. Why bother joining the church? The Spiveys have the same abhorrent beliefs, but less kids, less chaos. I’d like for Justin to get the attention he never received from his sperm donor and incubator. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

All of the Duggar girls change their IG names when they start courting. Because what a shame if someone where to take JessaSeewald or JillmDillard? These people think way too highly of themselves. Plus, they're super emotionally immature. 

Jill and Jessa didn't get instagram accounts until they were about to get married. Jill's first lists were about 4 days before her wedding doing a Jamberry party. I only remember this because it was my birthday. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Dear Hillary is just begging to get JRodded by the King and Queen Duggar. Nobody is ever, ever allowed to out-famewhore the founding famewhores.

Well, I don't think she will make the mistake of blurting out wedding details. Boob probably already has her locked down in that regard.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

This makes me curious how TLC handles safety while filming. Particularly with subjects (or should I say, “breakout stars”) who don’t follow COVID protocol. Do they film anyway in masks and hope for the best? Do some refuse the assignment? Do none of them care?  Just wondering. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, emma675 said:

I don't know what's more pathetic, a teenage bride essentially stamping her foot and screaming "I am, too, old enough and smart enough and mature enough to get married!!1!!" or her mom encouraging this whole thing and acting about as mature as her daughter on social media. 

Definitely the mom. Claire is an idiot for sure, but her mother should in theory have fewer excuses to act like this.  

• Love 16
2 hours ago, awaken said:

This makes me curious how TLC handles safety while filming. Particularly with subjects (or should I say, “breakout stars”) who don’t follow COVID protocol. Do they film anyway in masks and hope for the best? Do some refuse the assignment? Do none of them care?  Just wondering. 

A lot of it depends on the jurisdiction you're filming in and abiding by their requirements. Also depends on the network so YMMV. Whatever Arkansas has mandated under their laws is what the filming crew has to follow. I imagine they were filming the engagement party in Texas (if Mrs. Spivey is to be believed) so whatever was allowed under Texas law, they had to follow. And I looked up the Texas orders, they're pretty loose to say the least.

I don't know about industry-wide but most production staff on scripted TV shows are tested regularly.

If they can refuse work, probably. But the one thing I remind myself is that us critiquing on the internet is much different than in real life. There's a lot more people out there like the Duggars than we'd like to admit. 

I'm too tired to take the rest of my thoughts over to small talk. I will fall asleep here. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I've read a few articles about celebrities, including Ellen and Tamron Hall, about workplace covid issues. Most are tested regularly, but as we all know that doesn't really matter unless its every single day. One show I read about said only the staff in closest contact with the celebrity were tested often, so the other staff were nervous to come to work, but needed the income. 

I'm guessing the Duggar TLC crew reflect the country, some worry about covid and some don't. And some have concerns about the safety of airplane air and some don't. I'm guessing some are more at risk for complications and others aren't. And then there's income need.

The TLC crew can also get around a lot of the rules (if they want to) because they can avoid filming on public property. Some states have no rules for households and if they do, only the worst, like a huge house party, are enforced. TLC could film whatever they want and edit it to look like they were following protocol.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 12/13/2020 at 12:04 PM, PikaScrewChu said:

Mrs. Robinson, Spivey is the snark worthy one at this point. 

Lately I've been skipping a lot of topics around here and mostly participating in Small Talk, but Mrs. Robinson-Spivey has sure spiced things up. She's a nice change from the vapid teens who are the "official" subjects of this topic. 

And of course now I've got an earworm, and I know that sometime this morning I will have to listen to the song.

Koo-koo-ka-choo, Mrs. Robinson
Jesus loves you more than you will know
Whoa, whoa, whoa . . .

• LOL 10