Type keyword(s) to search

Claire.....wait, There’s a Justin?

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, Zella said:

I'm in no position to judge not dressing up in a traditional suit and dress shoes. I suspect my family and @Jeeves's is fairly similar. I've never even seen most of them men in my family in a suit, let alone dress shoes. When they dress up, they break out their fancier boots and polish them up. But it is very reflective of what they wear in their everyday life doing construction work, farm work, and/or other things that require heavy-duty footwear. 

But that said being said, do any of the Duggar boys even wear boots? We talk all the time about the girls' flip flops, but I never have even noticed what the boys wear. The cowboy aesthetic certainly doesn't seem to be part of their everyday life. 

I'm pretty sure the Duggar and Bates boys wear cowboy boots as daily wear. It seems the Duggar grandchildren all have worn them at least a couple times as well. Austin even passed down a pair from his childhood to Giddy.

I remember an earlier 19 Kids episode where 9-ish year old Joy had duct taped up a pair of well worn kids cowboy boots. She was so proud of herself. When she excitedly showed them to Michelle, Michelle barely acknowledged her and went straight back to talking to the camera.

I don't think JB wears them though. He seems to always be in sneakers.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

What the fuck with the jeans and insane hat? And he still looks 12.

6EA2E427-C0EE-4556-B47D-BB3F3DD07007.jpeg

9176BA34-D159-40EB-B4D4-D93894249715.jpeg

Someone seems to like what he sees.   The million dollar question, is it Clare or Justin?

Is it me or does it seem like she could have at least spent a minute with a brush before heading up that aisle?

• LOL 14
  • Love 2

His jeans have been ironed at least. Also, since he’s a groomsman, I can’t judge him for that attire. That’s on the bride and groom. What I am judging is the absolute arrogance, ignorance, and selfishness that this wedding represents. It’s not kind of me, but I am genuinely hoping that at least 30 guests end up testing positive for COVID-19. Fuck them. 

• Love 21
15 minutes ago, Fallacy said:

His jeans have been ironed at least. Also, since he’s a groomsman, I can’t judge him for that attire. That’s on the bride and groom. What I am judging is the absolute arrogance, ignorance, and selfishness that this wedding represents. It’s not kind of me, but I am genuinely hoping that at least 30 guests end up testing positive for COVID-19. Fuck them. 

I relate to your feelings more than I'd like to admit.   I've been trying to hold myself back from giving in to these ideas -- first, because it's not in line with how I should think or feel about others because of my faith.   I'm struggling with that.    As a fallback I tell myself it actually doesn't help anyone for me to be vengeful about it because in the end it only makes it that more likely that they'll be spreaders to innocent bystanders and that only keeps this nightmare going like ripples in a pond, spreading out wider, and wider, and wider.     

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

Someone seems to like what he sees.   The million dollar question, is it Clare or Justin?

Is it me or does it seem like she could have at least spent a minute with a brush before heading up that aisle?

The bride had unkempt hair as well. I think they were going for the  earthy, "undone" look, but didn't have a real stylist on hand to make it look good.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

I relate to your feelings more than I'd like to admit.   I've been trying to hold myself back from giving in to these ideas -- first, because it's not in line with how I should think or feel about others because of my faith.   I'm struggling with that.    As a fallback I tell myself it actually doesn't help anyone for me to be vengeful about it because in the end it only makes it that more likely that they'll be spreaders to innocent bystanders and that only keeps this nightmare going like ripples in a pond, spreading out wider, and wider, and wider.     

I completely agree. I felt terrible writing that too. I shouldn’t even think it. I know that. But man they piss me off. 

• Love 15
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm pretty sure the Duggar and Bates boys wear cowboy boots as daily wear. It seems the Duggar grandchildren all have worn them at least a couple times as well. Austin even passed down a pair from his childhood to Giddy.

I remember an earlier 19 Kids episode where 9-ish year old Joy had duct taped up a pair of well worn kids cowboy boots. She was so proud of herself. When she excitedly showed them to Michelle, Michelle barely acknowledged her and went straight back to talking to the camera.

I don't think JB wears them though. He seems to always be in sneakers.

Thank you! I do remember Jim Bob's sneakers, now that you mention it. I was trying to figure out why the girls' shoes were always so discussed compared to the boys, but I think a big part of it is that we're always noticing when they have improper footwear for the task at hand (It really irritates me when they're wearing flip flops around horses. I have had a horse stomp my feet--not intentionally--and it's not an experience I recommend even if you do have on the right shoes. Don't want to imagine that happening while rocking flip flops.) 

But since the boys always just seem to be sitting around on their asses waiting to be served, I never notice their shoes. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

I like the cowboy touches adding local color to the matrimonial attire. Now I'm trying to think what would make good NY-NJ wedding outfits. [Not that I need one...]

Men wear Cuomo masks and women wear Murphy masks?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Dehumidifier said:

I'm just wondering if real cowboys wore/wear their pants extra long to provide ease when riding the horses and wrangling the cattle. ?????

No. Because if they did that they would die by being trampled on by  animals,

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I kind of like the "Texas" wedding.  It's definitely something different from all the usual cookie-cutter weddings I've seen lately.  I wonder if the teens will do something similar for their wedding.

"texas" weddings are every single cookie cutter wedding i have seen for the last 2 years and i am in michigan. the bride must wear a denim jacket and western boots and carry a torch to light the guests' torches/fireworks on her way out of the reception. guns on guests fully visible. these are upper middle class boys and girls doing "cowboy" weddings. barn venue of course is required, pics of the wedding party in a field, required

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, sheshark said:

Did he live to tell?

Yes, he spent a day or so in the hospital if I remember correctly. We are from a rural area, too, but venomous snakes are not common there. 

I don't get the over-long jeans look, either. Men buy their jeans to fit. It's not like they couldn't just pick a shorter inseam. No hemming necessary. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Dehumidifier said:

I'm just wondering if real cowboys wore/wear their pants extra long to provide ease when riding the horses and wrangling the cattle. ?????

I don't wrangle cattle, and it's been years since I rode a horse, but I don't think that would be a benefit. Seems like a good way to have insecure footing or to get tangled in the stirrups, which can be dangerous if the horse spooks. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Zella said:

I don't wrangle cattle, and it's been years since I rode a horse, but I don't think that would be a benefit. Seems like a good way to get tangled in the stirrups, which can be dangerous if the horse spooks. 

They should know better. Kord's father and two uncles are in the National Rodeo Hall of Fame. 

• Useful 7

I would have thought JB just bid on and won an entire lot of pants at auction to account for the duggar males and ill fitting pants. but that the too long pants seems pervasive for males throughout fundy land is weird. do the women folk think that look is attractive? are the males to stupid to realize their pants are too long. doesn't take anyone to measure the inseam. just send Jana back to walmart, kohl's, tractor supply to buy a shorter length

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

They should know better. Kord's father and two uncles are in the National Rodeo Hall of Fame. 

Yeah they should. What's the family name? 

Just now, crazy8s said:

I would have thought JB just bid on and won an entire lot of pants at auction to account for the duggar males and ill fitting pants. but that the too long pants seems pervasive for males throughout fundy land is weird. do the women folk think that look is attractive? are the males to stupid to realize their pants are too long. doesn't take anyone to measure the inseam. just send Jana back to walmart, kohl's, tractor supply to buy a shorter length

I think they probably have a complex about anyone getting the measuring tape close enough to their crotch to figure out the inseam size. 

• LOL 6
6 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yeah they should. What's the family name? 

I think they probably have a complex about anyone getting the measuring tape close enough to their crotch to figure out the inseam size. 

mister crazy8s wears pants the right length and i will say other than when he was the groom or father of the bride or groom and needed a tux. no one has ever measured his inseam for dress pants or jeans. he knows to buy pants 34 length.

• Love 3

I don't always pay attention to the clothing, but is the too-long pants thing only in their more formalwear or even in their casualwear? I actually remember Tom and Lorenzo bitching about that periodically when reviewing red carpet fashion for actors, but I'm not sure if those guys have that issue in less formal situations. 

4 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

mister crazy8s wears pants the right length and i will say other than when he was the groom or father of the bride or groom and needed a tux. no one has ever measured his inseam for dress pants or jeans. he knows to buy pants 34 length.

I don't really notice the guys in my family having this issue either. They don't wear suits, and I doubt any of them have been measured, but they seem to know which size to buy. [Or the women in their life do.]

It makes me wonder if they never try on anything before buying it! But maybe they have a communal pants closet like the girls, and it's every man for himself. 

Edited by Zella

I feel like Jeremy may be the male in the Duggar orbit that doesn’t wear his pants too long. Of course his are too short and tight. 

It’s interesting to see a Duggar male take on the interests/characteristics of their wife; Justin didn’t show any interest in the whole Texas persona until Claire. Usually it’s the Duggar females (by birth or marriage) who morph into wives with the exact same interests as their husbands, because god forbid they have any independent thoughts or actions.

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I checked him out.  Turns out Kord's father is now retired from rodeo and raises quarter horses on his ranch.  So, Kord and his family seem to be honest-to-God actual cowboys.  I don't object to real cowboys dressing like cowboys at weddings, although most of us don't wear our work clothes to formal events.  I cannot picture a mail carrier wedding or a coal miner wedding or a dentist wedding where everyone came dressed in attire suited to the family business.

Kord has a brother whose name is Treg.  Is it a cowboy custom to give kids dumb names or is it just a fundy thing?

Edited by doodlebug
  • LOL 17
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Kord has a brother whose name is Treg.  Is it a cowboy custom to give kids dumb names or is it just a fundy thing?

LOL I think that transcends cultures. I went to school with a guy named Cord, and I'd never encountered that first name before or since until Kord rode into the Claire and Justin thread. I'm not entirely sure what Treg is supposed to stand for or mean?

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

LOL I think that transcends cultures. I went to school with a guy named Cord, and I'd never encountered that first name before or since until Kord rode into the Claire and Justin thread. I'm not entirely sure what Treg is supposed to stand for or mean?

Treg sounds like one of Sarah Palin's kids.  Maybe they're fans and that was the inspiration.  Her boys are named Track and Trig.

There was a soap opera character named Cord years ago on One Life to Live.  His first name was actually Cordero, because, as we all know, romantic leads on soaps have to have odd names.  Maybe your classmate's mom watched OLTL.

I have a cousin with a daughter named Fallon.  Her mom was a big fan of Dynasty back in the day.  I think every Fallon I've ever met was named after the Dynasty character.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, doodlebug said:

Treg sounds like one of Sarah Palin's kids.  Maybe they're fans and that was the inspiration.  Her boys are named Track and Trig.

Depending on Treg's age, though, I'm assuming he was named before the Palin kid names came to national attention? 

1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

What kind of name is “Kord?” 🤣

oops I see this has already been addressed!

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

I feel like Jeremy may be the male in the Duggar orbit that doesn’t wear his pants too long. Of course his are too short and tight. 

It’s interesting to see a Duggar male take on the interests/characteristics of their wife; Justin didn’t show any interest in the whole Texas persona until Claire. Usually it’s the Duggar females (by birth or marriage) who morph into wives with the exact same interests as their husbands, because god forbid they have any independent thoughts or actions.

Except Bin and Jessa Agressa.

51 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Maybe in honor of the parents love for trigonometry?

Definitely not the Palin family.

• Love 1

Maybe pants are guys 'thing'. No waist size over 34", no inseam shorter than 36". Especially because Levi's and Lee's have the size printed on the outer label.

Very silly, because its kind of noticeable when guys who have gained weight continue to wear the same size. They just keep pushing the waistband farther below their growing abdomen and the pants look longer and longer. And like @drafan said, the scrunchie look is a dead give away their pants are too long to begin with. Even with well worn jeans the scrunchie remains, it just moves to the ankle.

But all is good - I'm a specimen of a man because I wear 32/36. Even when weighing in at 180 and at 5'9" tall.

• LOL 5
8 hours ago, crazy8s said:

texas" weddings are every single cookie cutter wedding i have seen for the last 2 years and i am in michigan. the bride must wear a denim jacket and western boots and carry a torch to light the guests' torches/fireworks on her way out of the reception. guns on guests fully visible. these are upper middle class boys and girls doing "cowboy" weddings. barn venue of course is required, pics of the wedding party in a field, required

Yes, it's the same here in Wisconsin. The denim jacket part really annoys me.

I can't usually rag on unusual names but Kord? I have cousins named Kip, Chip, Jody, and had an uncle named Leven (11th child lol) so sadly this happens all over America and thankfully I am not responsible for the naming of those humans.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 5

I have a friend who has 2 brothers and 1 sister the  sisters name is Christmas because she was born on Christmas her brothers names are Mexi conceived in Mexico and Ceven pronunciation 7 because he was the 7th kid. Her name is Tuesday born on a Tuesday. 

• LOL 3
31 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

I have a friend who has 2 brothers and 1 sister the  sisters name is Christmas because she was born on Christmas her brothers names are Mexi conceived in Mexico and Ceven pronunciation 7 because he was the 7th kid. Her name is Tuesday born on a Tuesday. 

Poor girl

• Love 1