Type keyword(s) to search

Claire.....wait, There’s a Justin?

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

Perhaps the fact he was still a minor impacted the timeline?

I don’t think they would’ve announced an engagement under any circumstances until Justin was 18. And if you announce a courtship and engagement is expected in a few months....

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, beckie said:

He's still a minor, though,  isn't he? I haven't been one for a LONG time, but I thought you weren't considered a true "adult" until 21. I'm probably wrong about that.

The age of majority is 18, he's no longer a minor. Although he cannot purchase alcohol, or gamble in certain enviorments (I cannot spell today!), or rent automobiles from certain companies.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

The Mother-in-Law to be is mighty attention seeking thirsty. It really feels creepy, a mature woman running after a teenage boy.

Only goes to show what goes on behind Duggarland, that those children run as fast as they can the minute they turn 18

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Hilary is definitely a piece of work. I saw her commenting on one of the Bates kids' insta this morning. The woman is in everyone's business.

The woman is in everyone who is remotely famous business.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The woman is in everyone who is remotely famous business.

Well it's her one shot at fame and she's grabbing it with both hands, and dammit she will BE in the spotlight. No matter how pathetic it makes her look.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Well it's her one shot at fame and she's grabbing it with both hands, and dammit she will BE in the spotlight. No matter how pathetic it makes her look.

I look forward to watching the Duggars slap her hard in the face soon with their utter lack of interest in anyone but themselves. And their fierce determination to keep everyone else out of their spotlight.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 6
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I look forward to watching the Duggars slap her hard in the face soon with their utter lack of interest in anyone but themselves. And their fierce determination to keep everyone else out of their spotlight.

That's always fun. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

That's always fun. 

Hilary S's willful(?)  naivete about "Daddy" Jim Bob and company and their relationship to her and her family is so upsetting to me that it's making me mean.

Has she never watched JB's and M's actual behavior? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

Hilary S's willful(?)  naivete about "Daddy" Jim Bob and company and their relationship to her and her family is so upsetting to me that it's making me mean.

Has she never watched JB's and M's actual behavior? 

Who is to say hers is much different?

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Who is to say hers is much different?

Absolutely. She may well be exactly the same. ... Or the opposite, I suppose. Although I think "the same" is more likely. 

But that makes her naivete and blindness even more willful, to me! And it's that willful blindness that drives me nuts and makes me want to see her get the comeuppance that hungry Duggar acolytes tend to get. 

And it is mean to hope she gets that comeuppance, even if she is a jerk herself!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Hilary is definitely a piece of work. I saw her commenting on one of the Bates kids' insta this morning. The woman is in everyone's business.

Might be something to see if she steps a toe wrong with Kelly.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Well our favorite MIL in waiting just posted a bunch of pictures on Instagram, sorry I couldn’t link, of wedding from this weekend. I believe it’s Claire’s friend seen in previous Hilary posts. Looks like Justin was a groomsman and maybe Jed! Or Jase was a guest. I didn’t spot any other Duggars but the Caldwell clan was all there. And only one guest had a mask on and it was a good sized crowd. Not 1,000+ Duggar levels, but far too many people not social distancing at all. What is it with these people?!!!

13 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Well our favorite MIL in waiting just posted a bunch of pictures on Instagram, sorry I couldn’t link, of wedding from this weekend. I believe it’s Claire’s friend seen in previous Hilary posts. Looks like Justin was a groomsman and maybe Jed! Or Jase was a guest. I didn’t spot any other Duggars but the Caldwell clan was all there. And only one guest had a mask on and it was a good sized crowd. Not 1,000+ Duggar levels, but far too many people not social distancing at all. What is it with these people?!!!

Herd stupidity.

• LOL 4
  • Love 18
15 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

Those look like Justin (brand) Marina’s (style).

I am impressed with your boot knowledge.

2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Like these? They're are not cheap. $544.

image.png.8458641cdec98da23a9834f75000eebf.png

And I am astounded at the price of those boots.

Most of the men in my family clomp around in work boots and cowboy boots and pay more money for them than I ever have for a pair of shoes, but I must confess, I've never seen any of them in those or pay that much for footwear. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

Jeans, boots and cowboy hats at a wedding, that’s a Texas thing. Completely normal here. 

I'm glad I don't live in Texas, then.  Cocktail dresses and wedding gowns are not enhanced by being worn with cowboy boots.  Does anyone know if either the bride or groom are actual cowboys?  If they don't actually wear boots and cowboy hats in their everyday life, then they are wearing costumes which should be reserved for Halloween, IMO.  Why not have everyone dress up as firefighters or superheroes?  Let everyone dress up as their favorite Biblical character, it makes as much sense.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 12

Most of the men with whom I share DNA, have been known to wear nice clean cowboy boots as dress-up wear, with suits even. One of my cousin's daughters was married wearing a lovely strapless wedding gown - and cowboy boots. Her bridesmaids were similarly attired. It was a wedding in Texas at a cute "farm/ranch" type facility in the country. The wedding was was cute and a hoot.  (Note: most of the men with whom I share DNA also wear their pants the correct length; no puddling on the floor or high-water britches, lol.) Taking a story over to Small Talk. ETA: In reply to @doodlebug, the men of whom I speak DO wear cowboy boots in their everyday life; they are farmers and ranchers although some hold other jobs such as public school teachers. 

The fact of Baby Justin wearing cowboy boots at that wedding is fine with me. But they're kinda flashy which I think just shows how young he is.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 10
49 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I'm glad I don't live in Texas, then.  Cocktail dresses and wedding gowns are not enhanced by being worn with cowboy boots.  Does anyone know if either the bride or groom are actual cowboys?  If they don't actually wear boots and cowboy hats in their everyday life, then they are wearing costumes which should be reserved for Halloween, IMO.  Why not have everyone dress up as firefighters or superheroes?  Let everyone dress up as their favorite Biblical character, it makes as much sense.

Justin is DEFINITELY not a cowboy 🤣.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

I'm in no position to judge not dressing up in a traditional suit and dress shoes. I suspect my family and @Jeeves's is fairly similar. I've never even seen most of them men in my family in a suit, let alone dress shoes. When they dress up, they break out their fancier boots and polish them up. But it is very reflective of what they wear in their everyday life doing construction work, farm work, and/or other things that require heavy-duty footwear. 

But that said being said, do any of the Duggar boys even wear boots? We talk all the time about the girls' flip flops, but I never have even noticed what the boys wear. The cowboy aesthetic certainly doesn't seem to be part of their everyday life. 

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Someone I went to high school with married a Texas girl and moved there, and the family told him to never leave the house without putting his boots and jeans on first. He didn't take it too seriously and stepped out one morning in shorts and sandals, and was promptly bitten by a rattlesnake. His mom told me no one had explained to him that the boots and jeans were protective gear. He was a law school graduate, and his wife's family were well-off and highly educated, so it wasn't an intelligence issue, just a cultural gap.

• Useful 5
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, sleepysuzy said:

...and was promptly bitten by a rattlesnake. His mom told me no one had explained to him that the boots and jeans were protective gear. He WAS a law school graduate...

Did he live to tell?

• Love 2

As long as he got antivenom treatment in a prompt fashion, he probably survived and is fine. That's what happened when my neighbor was snakebit several years ago. She's fine now. I can't remember if she was bit by a rattler or a copperhead, though. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 3