Type keyword(s) to search

Claire.....wait, There’s a Justin?

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

I also remember Jim Bob saying family size was up to Michelle. I can definitely see her being the one who is actually the boss. 

I think the "dork who scored hot cheerleader" dynamic they like to talk about really permeates their perceptions of each other and their relationship even now. 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Zella said:

I also remember Jim Bob saying family size was up to Michelle. I can definitely see her being the one who is actually the boss. 

Wait, but I thought it was up to God?  🙄 these people cannot get their stories straight!

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

There's never been a doubt in my mind that Michelle's in charge - of everything. In fact, I don't think they've hidden it at all. I also think Michelle is the one that pushed them into Gothardism. Jim-Bob introduced Michelle into mainstream Christianity, but after the miscarriage, Gothard was all Michelle's doing.

As I've said before, JB would be the only one who would get an ego boost reading our posts. Contrary to popular opinion, I don't even think he intended to create, or is aware of, the dependence he's created with his adult kids. I think their religion sets families up for this dynamic and they were/are blindly following it. JB is not a narcissist or even a leader. JB is 100% a follower.

I've always thought, and still do think, that JB is a bumbling fool that has fell into everything. He lucked out and got the sexy cheerleader. His cheerleader wife pushed him into a 'patriarchal' religion. A picture of JB and his family, during a failed attempt at politics, was picked up nationally and they fell into a TV special and then into a series.

I might give JB credit for his real estate investments, because he seems to have made some decent money. But maybe all that was dumb luck too.

Contrary to another popular opinion, I think JB loves his kids and likes them too. I don't see him encouraging Justin to live in AR as anything other than that. That's if JB even encouraged him. The plan may have been all along for Justin and Claire to live there.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9

I think that Jim Bob's real estate luck was due to his counsel with Mary Duggar, his mother. When she passed away, he said that among other things, SHE was his financial advisor/confidant. I think the real estate brain was Mary. He was also already set up in a 3 generation family real estate business..so, he never had to start it up; it was handed to him. Michelle joined in early on and got her real estate license too so they could reep the benefits of the commissions for both of them. Let's see how JB does in the future without Mary's advice and guidance. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

I think that Jim Bob's real estate luck was due to his counsel with Mary Duggar, his mother. When she passed away, he said that among other things, SHE was his financial advisor/confidant. I think the real estate brain was Mary. He was also already set up in a 3 generation family real estate business..so, he never had to start it up; it was handed to him.

Yes, and I think that on his own, he's probably had more losses than successes in business. I don't think he's nearly as rich as rumor would have it.

• Love 9
On 1/14/2021 at 3:26 PM, zoomama said:

according to something that just came on my phone, jim bob has sold justin a home for "$1". doesn't say which home it is.  

ok - the story i just read does say that. but then it says that james bought a house for $! recently too. 

this is interesting - James bought a house in May 2020 with a loan and JB as co-signer. On DEC 8, 2020. same day JB signed over the one house to Justin. title to James' house moved to one of the JB and Michelle property trusts. so yes, when records catch up, it was probably then given back to James.

• Useful 6

You always have to remember that in Arkansas that's how property sales read.  It's one dollar and other valuable consideration.  It's impossible to tell by that document how much money, if any, changed hands.  That's the same language that was on the property sale for my parents' house.  I did not sell it for one dollar.  Now within the family, I might question whether even the one dollar changed hands.

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Absolom said:

You always have to remember that in Arkansas that's how property sales read.  It's one dollar and other valuable consideration.  It's impossible to tell by that document how much money, if any, changed hands.  That's the same language that was on the property sale for my parents' house.  I did not sell it for one dollar.  Now within the family, I might question whether even the one dollar changed hands.

No matter how it read, teenage Justin couldn’t have afforded any kind of house.

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

No matter how it read, teenage Justin couldn’t have afforded any kind of house.

You are exactly correct.. took the words out of my mouth.. Justin is a teenager; never worked.. he can afford NOTHING

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Boston said:

You are exactly correct.. took the words out of my mouth.. Justin is a teenager; never worked.. he can afford NOTHING

Not even the ring that the Future Mrs. Justin Duggar swears her Teen Love bought for her from his own money. He must have beat that piggy bank.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Not even the ring that the Future Mrs. Justin Duggar swears her Teen Love bought for her from his own money. He must have beat that piggy bank.

My inner 13 year old misread that last sentence. lol

• LOL 22

There is a way to find out the purchase price of "Justin's" house. In Florida we have document stamps on the deed. This amount of 'stamps' are on the deed and the charge is 'so much' per hundred of the sales price..example: $1.45 cents per hundred dollars. So, if someone wants to contact the county clerk's recording of deeds department and ask what the price per hundred is for doc stamps, they clerk will tell them. Then look up the image of the deed, and see the amount of stamps paid. That will give you the sale price. Arkansas may use a different term for those document stamps but I'm sure they charge for it. There is also a 'recording fee' which has nothing to do with the sale price.

• Love 2

Property records in Arkansas in most counties are public record. In my experience, they will display the sale price for the property on the websites where this information is visible. (I sleuth a lot of property records because I'm a nosy bitch.) Other than the Duggars, I never see it as $1 for anybody I've been looking for.

If those records are showing it as $1, that's not just some standard thing that appears for everyone's property records. The Duggars may be wording it that way precisely to prevent the actual sale price from being publicized, but that's not normal SOP. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

They're looking at the deed I think it is not the property sales papers.  Maybe it's the deed transfer document.  I know the paperwork where my parents bought the last two houses in AR had that wording as did one of the documents when I sold the house.  The sales contract (whatever AR calls that) had all the financial information.   The county recorder had copies of all the related paperwork including my POA.  

• Useful 2

and it always says 'for $1 and other good and valuable consideration in hand"  not they sold/bought it for $1.  what does that even mean - they traded any counting on money for a house? who knows...

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Absolom said:

They're looking at the deed I think it is not the property sales papers.  Maybe it's the deed transfer document.  I know the paperwork where my parents bought the last two houses in AR had that wording as did one of the documents when I sold the house.  The sales contract (whatever AR calls that) had all the financial information.   The county recorder had copies of all the related paperwork including my POA.  

That makes sense. I've never personally purchased or sold a house. Just stalked the records of other people who have. 😇

• Love 1
On 1/17/2021 at 4:04 AM, GeeGolly said:

There's never been a doubt in my mind that Michelle's in charge - of everything. In fact, I don't think they've hidden it at all. I also think Michelle is the one that pushed them into Gothardism. Jim-Bob introduced Michelle into mainstream Christianity, but after the miscarriage, Gothard was all Michelle's doing.

As I've said before, JB would be the only one who would get an ego boost reading our posts. Contrary to popular opinion, I don't even think he intended to create, or is aware of, the dependence he's created with his adult kids. I think their religion sets families up for this dynamic and they were/are blindly following it. JB is not a narcissist or even a leader. JB is 100% a follower.

I've always thought, and still do think, that JB is a bumbling fool that has fell into everything. He lucked out and got the sexy cheerleader. His cheerleader wife pushed him into a 'patriarchal' religion. A picture of JB and his family, during a failed attempt at politics, was picked up nationally and they fell into a TV special and then into a series.

I might give JB credit for his real estate investments, because he seems to have made some decent money. But maybe all that was dumb luck too.

Contrary to another popular opinion, I think JB loves his kids and likes them too. I don't see him encouraging Justin to live in AR as anything other than that. That's if JB even encouraged him. The plan may have been all along for Justin and Claire to live there.

Taking my response to the Boobchelle thread.

• Love 1
On 1/17/2021 at 6:57 AM, floridamom said:

I think that Jim Bob's real estate luck was due to his counsel with Mary Duggar, his mother. When she passed away, he said that among other things, SHE was his financial advisor/confidant. I think the real estate brain was Mary. He was also already set up in a 3 generation family real estate business..so, he never had to start it up; it was handed to him. Michelle joined in early on and got her real estate license too so they could reep the benefits of the commissions for both of them. Let's see how JB does in the future without Mary's advice and guidance. 

Of course JB started out life rounding third base on the way to home plate.  That's just part of the story he wants everyone not to know about.   Of all the things his mother taught him, rest assured she taught him well about titling real estate.   IMO he can legitimately lay claim to being the sole architect of his conniving behavior.   Unfortunately his children and grandchildren are and will be the ones to suffer the long-term effects.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Did they seriously have a banner made for Justin’s wisdom teeth removal?! JFC.

That's what I was thinking. I still have my wisdom teeth, I hear it can be an awful experience for some people (and I dont wish pain for anyone)- but a banner was a little bit surprising.

He and Claire do look cute together. The clear glasses are very on trend (I have a pair although I am primarily a contacts wearer).

• Love 3

Was that banner shown in the TTH? I mean, WHY a banner like that? I'm old and probably out of touch with current life, but that is just effing weird. 

And, what kind of bucks did they spend to make that thing? Certainly must have come out of Daddy Spivey's pockets. We've seen the handmade taped-together signs that are the typical TTH celebratory stuff. I wonder if that sign gave JB's Scrooge-like heart some pain. Heh.

Edited by Jeeves
Ideas and spelling
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

The banner has me gobsmacked. My jaw literally dropped when I first saw that picture. 

And I say this as someone who had a real adventure with my wisdom teeth--they were a real bitch (one of them broke its neighbor tooth, so the neighbor tooth was removed in the hopes it would leave room for the space-greedy wisdom teeth, but it ended up still needing to be removed, and the oral surgeon told me it was one of the hardest he ever had to extract. I had an elaborate World War II metaphor worked out for what I started to call the Nazi tooth. D-Day was 7.5 years ago.)

After I got over my initial shock, though, it did make me wonder if the banner is an over-the-top display for the Spiveys. Or maybe was even their idea. Because I don't think Justin would be getting a banner if they weren't there to perform for. 

• Love 9

i actually enlarged the pic to see if it was a poster that the name and picture could be easily changed for other kids and prayers, which would still be weird as hell. it appears that is not the case. then I started to wonder if Hillary made it/sent it.....

• Love 10
51 minutes ago, Zella said:

The banner has me gobsmacked. My jaw literally dropped when I first saw that picture. 

And I say this as someone who had a real adventure with my wisdom teeth--they were a real bitch (one of them broke its neighbor tooth, so the neighbor tooth was removed in the hopes it would leave room for the space-greedy wisdom teeth, but it ended up still needing to be removed, and the oral surgeon told me it was one of the hardest he ever had to extract. I had an elaborate World War II metaphor worked out for what I started to call the Nazi tooth. D-Day was 7.5 years ago.)

After I got over my initial shock, though, it did make me wonder if the banner is an over-the-top display for the Spiveys. Or maybe was even their idea. Because I don't think Justin would be getting a banner if they weren't there to perform for. 

Or maybe Momma Spivey had it made! That seems like a thing she would do.

I had 4 impacted wisdom teeth removed at the same time, and developed a horrible case of dry sockets. On top of that, the pain meds made me vomit, which is hell when you have stitches in your mouth. Then all I got was plain Tylenol for the pain, which did not help at all. I also had to go back to work on Monday (and go to the dentist every other day for a week to have the sockets checked and irrigated). Where’s my forken banner?!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, MargeGunderson said:

Or maybe Momma Spivey had it made! That seems like a thing she would do.

I had 4 impacted wisdom teeth removed at the same time, and developed a horrible case of dry sockets. On top of that, the pain meds made me vomit, which is hell when you have stitches in your mouth. Then all I got was plain Tylenol for the pain, which did not help at all. I also had to go back to work on Monday (and go to the dentist every other day for a week to have the sockets checked and irrigated). Where’s my forken banner?!

It does seem like a lively Momma Spivey job.

I think we need to form a banner society for all of us who needed a banner and didn't get one!

Your experience sounds really awful. 😞 I was fortunately spared the dry sockets. The pain meds did a number on me, and I stopped taking them. They either didn't work or they made me nauseated. I also ended up having a nightmare about Jack the Ripper removing my teeth (this is very on brand for me) after my first wisdom tooth removal experience, and I was inclined to blame the pills. But I have a pretty psychedelic imagination on my own without help. LOL 

• Love 10
46 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

He must have had a difficult surgery. Why is his head wrapped like that? I had all 4 of mine removed at 21, and got no head wrap and was advised only to take Tylenol for any pain. 

That is just a fancy, schmancy ice pack that closes with velcro to keep it in place.  Many oral surgeons give them to their patients these days, they're actually kinda nice and stay in position much better than the old fashioned kind.

• Useful 12
  • Love 6

That giant poster, OMG. It looks like its mounted on something too.

I've gone to fundraisers with less elaborate posters. Did they make t-shirts too?

Jesus took one look at this, shook his head, and went back to laughing at Bernie memes.

• LOL 18
  • Love 1