Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Scarlett45

Claire.....wait, There’s a Justin?

Recommended Posts

That head bandage is quite over the top.  I had all four impacted wisdoms extracted and went home with a gauze filled mouth.  The narcotics gave be hallucinative dreams, but after a few days I was back to work at Mc Donalds.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

There better be a poster and cake saying 

congratulations on the sex Justin 

Just as long as there's no dry socket. 

  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post

I had to have oral surgery for my wisdom teeth and was off my ass on Vicodin after... who wants to come home from the dentist to a huge banner and party? 😂 Also, “he’s such a trooper” “a big day for Justin” etc — soooooo infantalizing! They treat this boy like he’s three years old or maybe a pet dog.

Anyway, I had my wisdom teeth out over Xmas break from college, and it sucked but it was otherwise a non-event. I guess these people really don’t have a whole lot going on in their lives.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

They’re getting many negative comments on the post. When I last checked they were still there. 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, awaken said:

They’re getting many negative comments on the post. When I last checked they were still there. 

Claire or the Duggars?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Mod Announcement:

 

Memes containing elected officials are not allowed in the thread due to the Politics Policy . Social media posts of participants are not a jumping off point to violate the policy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

So what was the "something else last year" that required an enormous "we're praying for you" banner? Was this when they sent him off to the Spiveys in the first place? "We're praying they take you in and let you marry their daughter so you're not our responsibility anymore! Love you!"

  • Like 20
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

So what was the "something else last year" that required an enormous "we're praying for you" banner? Was this when they sent him off to the Spiveys in the first place? "We're praying they take you in and let you marry their daughter so you're not our responsibility anymore! Love you!"

I have the same question.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I have found that generally in the South young people do get married pretty quickly. It's likely due to the emphasis on Christian morals ie: no sex before marriage. Christianity is so intertwined with southern culture, it's hard to separate them. Since the young Christians have the natural sexual drive everyone has and they want to please God, they perhaps let their libido do the decision-making for them. I live in Texas and know a young lady who at the ripe age of 20 married a guy whom she'd known all of three months. She'd never lived anywhere but with her parents and had not gone to college, and he had no full time career, no college degree but student debt and still lived at home. Her dad gave his blessing for them to get married because if they love God and each other, then God would help them. To some of these people, it's better to roll the dice and encourage the young people to get married to have sex the way God intended rather than have premarital sex and get to know each other over time. As we've seen with Ben and Jessa, it can lead to buyer's remorse. 

  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

So what was the "something else last year" that required an enormous "we're praying for you" banner? Was this when they sent him off to the Spiveys in the first place? "We're praying they take you in and let you marry their daughter so you're not our responsibility anymore! Love you!"

I can't imagine any Duggar spending the money it would take to have that banner made, so I think it would have been done by a Spivey. Certainly it would have been paid for by a Spivey. Unless some Duggar got it done free. Justin's just another fungible Duggarson in the middle of the pack so it's not like his getting engaged is anything special. It would be interesting to know what the first occasion was when it was created and used. 

What a life he's in for. I suppose his fame-whoring in-laws will be unfurling that banner every time he has a doctor appointment, or a hemorrhoidectomy, or a haircut . .  .

I wonder if Claire and Hilaria expect Justin to return the favor. With a matching banner honoring Claire. Who if things go to script, will be pumping out those babeez for Jesus on the regular. They can unfurl it for each labor and delivery.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

12 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

That head bandage is quite over the top.  I had all four impacted wisdoms extracted and went home with a gauze filled mouth.  The narcotics gave be hallucinative dreams, but after a few days I was back to work at Mc Donalds.

I only had one wisdom tooth (lacked wisdom, I guess).  I had it pulled when I was a resident and went to work the next morning, taking nothing but Advil and scrubbed 6 surgeries.  I've had other tooth extractions, root canals, etc and done the same.  The idea of importing Claire from Texas to 'nurse' him and the big banner and total overreaction to this non-event is typical of the Duggars.  They have so little in their lives, they make a huge deal out of stuff the rest of us don't think about twice.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Or, "You graduated from Duggar Academy! We pray you find gainful employment." 😁

Has never been said about any Duggar, ever.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

If Justin were a Justina and Monster-in-Law to be a man, everyone would be up in arms about it and rightly so. This kind of smothering and babying is harmful. It also shows how badly Justin needs affection and attention.

Do his actual parents remember he exists or have they forgotten about him?

Anyone else think the wedding has taken place or is about to this weekend?

  • Like 8
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe they are having one of their famous joint bachelorette and bachelor parties this weekend. Then all traveling to Texas for the festivities there surrounding the actual wedding. Since it’s the first Spivey wedding it should be quite the party. Who cares about those pesky pandemic rules!

I wonder if the banner was used when Justin joined TFDW’s church in the Dallas area last year?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I only had one wisdom tooth (lacked wisdom, I guess).  I had it pulled when I was a resident and went to work the next morning, taking nothing but Advil and scrubbed 6 surgeries.  I've had other tooth extractions, root canals, etc and done the same.  The idea of importing Claire from Texas to 'nurse' him and the big banner and total overreaction to this non-event is typical of the Duggars.  They have so little in their lives, they make a huge deal out of stuff the rest of us don't think about twice.

My surgery was equally noneventful, and I had all 4 teeth removed. I got nothing but Tylenol and was eating soft foods within hours. I went right back to school the next day.

Claire is at that age where she thinks she knows all, but actually knows very little.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

I'm confused about the wisdom tooth surgery. Don't you have to be an adult before wisdom teeth are a problem? Like, past puberty? Is Justin past puberty??? 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, skatelady said:

I'm confused about the wisdom tooth surgery. Don't you have to be an adult before wisdom teeth are a problem? Like, past puberty? Is Justin past puberty??? 

He's 18, engaged to be married, I hope he's past puberty.  Most people seem to start having problems with their wisdom teeth in their late teens and into their 20's; so I think he's un the ballpark.  My one and only wisdom tooth never broke the surface, but on dental X rays was growing sideways into the next tooth.  Anytime I had Xrays from my late teens, the dentist would mention it and tell me to consider getting it removed before it caused a problem because eventually it would start pushing against the next tooth and be painful.  Me being me, I waited until it started to hurt, but could've had mine out when I was about 18, too.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

My kids had their wisdom teeth out at 16.  One kid was having pain, but with the other two it was pre-emptive.  They were all impacted.  

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I would have appreciated one of those ice wraps when I had my wisdom teeth out.  I had all four pulled at one time, and I remember trying to hold bags of peas on both sides of my face

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I was lucky, I had no wisdom teeth at all.  When I x-rayed during a dental exam, I asked how many wisdom teeth I had, since I had none that broke the surface.  When he checked, he said that I had none, congratulations.  I had never heard this before, but I guess that gradually, the human race is losing the wisdom teeth as there is no need for them anymore.  I thought it was just because I was a fool, lol.  

  • Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

ye6iu24h27d61.jpg

This sounds like a conversation between two 12 year olds.

  • Like 12
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

I really did expect a wedding around Valentine’s Day! Was I wrong? I could see a joint Bachelor/Bachelorette party once Justin’s mouth heals, Claire might be there for a week or two before the last bit of wedding planning. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

11 hours ago, sarasue59 said:

I was lucky, I had no wisdom teeth at all.  When I x-rayed during a dental exam, I asked how many wisdom teeth I had, since I had none that broke the surface.  When he checked, he said that I had none, congratulations.  I had never heard this before, but I guess that gradually, the human race is losing the wisdom teeth as there is no need for them anymore.  I thought it was just because I was a fool, lol.  

I only had one.  I had a dentist friend who said that the earliest men, millions of years ago, had much larger jaws than we do now and the wisdom teeth fit just fine.  The cavemen needed lots of teeth and big jaws to chew their diet which was mostly raw vegetation.  Over time, our diets changed, we cooked food so it wasn't so tough to chew and it was no longer advantageous to have a large jaw; so people's jaws got smaller but the number of teeth stayed the same.  Hence, wisdom teeth usually don't fit in our mouths and end up needing removed.

When I told him I only had one, he told me I was 'evolutionarily more advanced' than most people.  I guess you're top of the heap.

  • Like 7
  • Useful 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, lizzie3 said:

As someone who has had more than her share of dental surgeries (almost all of which when I was an age much younger than Justin), this strikes me as very bizarre.  It's a classic example of how this family/subculture babies the boys/men and makes them think that everything they do is super heroic.  It's freaking dental surgery, and he's 18(?).  By the time I had my wisdom teeth removed (around age 20) I was just happy to have the day off work and get to relax for a day.  The fact that he "needs" a special "nurse" from out of town (during a pandemic!) is so over the top.  If the genders were reversed I seriously doubt that a girl would get this attention. 

These folks virtually never do anything difficult or interesting or otherwise noteworthy, which is why they feel the need to pretend that stuff like oral surgery is important and fascinating.

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post

I think some of the girls were filmed before and after their dental surgery. IIRC that is when Jill got so scared and it seemed over the top. But that was before we knew about The Sex Pest. So it must be an event in Duggarland to get your wisdom teeth out. As we all know, they do things a little different.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, lizzie3 said:

As someone who has had more than her share of dental surgeries (almost all of which when I was an age much younger than Justin), this strikes me as very bizarre.  It's a classic example of how this family/subculture babies the boys/men and makes them think that everything they do is super heroic.  It's freaking dental surgery, and he's 18(?).  By the time I had my wisdom teeth removed (around age 20) I was just happy to have the day off work and get to relax for a day.  The fact that he "needs" a special "nurse" from out of town (during a pandemic!) is so over the top.  If the genders were reversed I seriously doubt that a girl would get this attention. 

Same! I needed a lot of dental work as a child, and had at least 8 of my permanent teeth pulled before I was 10. My jaw was too small for them. At 11, I got braces for 3 years (the old fashioned kind!) and had to go to the orthodontist once a month to have them adjusted. It hurt. I went right back to school after those appointments. It’s truly odd how they’re treating Justin!

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder how Claire "nurses" her baby boy.  Most of us would hold a hand or give a hug....they aren't allowed to touch.  Beyond that, this family doesn't offer physical affection to one another (see Jessa's treatment of Jill during the Sex Pest interview.....cold, cold, cold).  I guess a banner is good substitute?    

  • Like 4
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

Do you all think they take the painkillers (opiates) usually prescribed when you have your wisdom teeth out, or is that too much like taking “drugs?” 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Do you all think they take the painkillers (opiates) usually prescribed when you have your wisdom teeth out, or is that too much like taking “drugs?” 

Maybe, but many of us got only Tylenol after wisdom teeth removal.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Do you all think they take the painkillers (opiates) usually prescribed when you have your wisdom teeth out, or is that too much like taking “drugs?” 

I'll bet they've got no problem taking narcotics prescribed by doctors.  I've never heard of evangelicals refusing pain meds.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

It never ceases to amaze me that these freeloaders who have never worked a day in their lives have all of this gear and the money to travel at the drop of a hat.  Buy used, save the difference my ass.  

I'm not a snowboarder, but I know some.  Burton snowboards start at around 600 bucks and go up from there.  The Salomon board is a bargain at $450. Snowboard jackets with matching pants run around $300-400 a set.  Gloves start around $70.  Then, you need underlayers, helmets and goggles.  Just the outfits and boards these guys are sporting would be pushing 2000 bucks and that wouldn't include lift tickets, lodging, meals, etc.

Snowboarding the way they are doing it is a very expensive hobby.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Like 4
  • Useful 3
  • Surprise 4

Share this post


Link to post

That looks like a Duggar with the Burton board, but not Justin. It looks more like Jer or Jason.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, BigBingerBro said:

So are they going somwhere to snow board?  Is it possible to do that in TX or AR?

I can't speak for Texas, but I've never heard of anyone snowboarding here in Arkansas. I bet money they're en route to Colorado . . . again. 

  • Like 4
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post

I can speak for TX and no, there is no snowboarding to be had in this state. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

It never ceases to amaze me that these freeloaders who have never worked a day in their lives have all of this gear and the money to travel at the drop of a hat.  Buy used, save the difference my ass.  

I was just going to say the same thing! 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

That looks like a Duggar with the Burton board, but not Justin. It looks more like Jer or Jason.

Jason - same coat, helmet, goggles and neck gaiter/neckerchief he wore when he was on his "business" trip to colorado and went snowboarding with Elijah Kaneshiro

  • Like 5
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size