Type keyword(s) to search

Claire.....wait, There’s a Justin?

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

16 hours ago, MunichNark said:

I firmly believe that Justin is looking for a second, real family to cling to - wanting to escape his own home. The Spiveys at least look decent, and perhaps aren't as checked out as Meeeeechelle and Jim Blob. The fact that he's going to move to Texas (I think?) is further proof.

I doubt it's much of an improvement given they're still fundie. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Temperance said:

I doubt it's much of an improvement given they're still fundie. 

5 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Yeah, but the Spiveys might actually know his name? Unlike his, you, know, parents?

True. That plus sex is a big draw I’m sure. 

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Um... his job? Graduated? Worked part time while in school? Is there another Justin we don’t know about? Who is she talking about???

haha he worked for daddy or at the car lot with Jed and then for daddy Spivey.  Someone should ask Hilary if he got paid for being on the show and if Justin and Claire will be paid for appearing on the show going forward

• Love 12
33 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Um... his job? Graduated? Worked part time while in school? Is there another Justin we don’t know about? Who is she talking about???

Well, you know ....graduating probably requires being able to answer the problems on the grade 6 math flashcards, read a couple chapters aloud from a children's bible-story book, write one Duggar-style birthday-greeting-to-my-godly-mother social-media post and preach two sermons on Gothardite topics of his choice. So it's not all that demanding. And it'd be quite sufficient if this were the 19th century. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 7

What Claire leaves out is that Justin was a minor living at home (his and then her parents) while saving this money. His only expenses were gas and insurance for his car. Lets see how far this money goes when Justin is supporting a household, wife and baby(ies).

• Love 18
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

What Claire leaves out is that Justin was a minor living at home (his and then her parents) while saving this money. His only expenses were gas and insurance for his car. Lets see how far this money goes when Justin is supporting a household, wife and baby(ies).

I wonder if after marriage they will continue to live in the Spivey home/on the Spivey property? I’m not quite sure where the Spiveys live, if they have a lot of land I could see the newlyweds setting up in a trailer on the property until a house is built. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

Graduated?  Did he get a GED since we know the SDRT graduates their students without any testing.  Worked?  Did he get a job not affiliated with JB or the Spivey family?  

No. 

No. 

No. 

And no. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 14

I really don't know a better way she could have phrased that without completely changing all of it.  I guess "he graduated a while ago" or something.  I honestly think it sounds funny but... I don't know if it is actually breaking grammar rules.

And I went to college

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Guys, guys, guys, we're missing something here...

We're making an assumption that this ring is brand new and expensive. 

More likely, he bought used and saved the difference.

Or it's a CZ and he got it on HSN.  One of my sisters lost the diamond from her engagement ring at work.  It was pretty small, she got married at 19 and her husband was 18, they didn't have much.  She kept talking about getting a new diamond for the setting.  Then, one Sunday, she showed up at the 'rents for dinner with a rather showy ring with a huge stone.  Turns out, she couldn't sleep one night, turned on HSN and there it was for 80 bucks!  She wore it for the rest of her life.

• Love 22
7 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Or it's a CZ and he got it on HSN.  One of my sisters lost the diamond from her engagement ring at work.  It was pretty small, she got married at 19 and her husband was 18, they didn't have much.  She kept talking about getting a new diamond for the setting.  Then, one Sunday, she showed up at the 'rents for dinner with a rather showy ring with a huge stone.  Turns out, she couldn't sleep one night, turned on HSN and there it was for 80 bucks!  She wore it for the rest of her life.

I see a nice CZ as a good choice for a young couple short on cash (or anyone). 

I like luxury goods, but jewelry isn’t my jam- maybe Claire is the same.

if Justin bought her an engagement ring for a couple of hundred dollars and put the rest of that money towards a home or the future that would be very mature!

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I see a nice CZ as a good choice for a young couple short on cash (or anyone). 

I like luxury goods, but jewelry isn’t my jam- maybe Claire is the same.

if Justin bought her an engagement ring for a couple of hundred dollars and put the rest of that money towards a home or the future that would be very mature!

At the time she got the CZ, she'd been married about 20 years and could've afforded a real diamond ring.  But, she figured that no one could tell at a glance that the CZ wasn't real and why spend money on a ring she'd have to worry about losing?  I get it.  I've never been married, don't have an engagement ring, but I do have a few pieces of very nice, expensive jewelry which still cost less than the average engagement ring; but I almost never wear them at work or anyplace else where there's a risk of losing it and not noticing.

Considering their rather precarious finances, it would be very sensible if some of the Duggar teens bought CZ rings rather than splurging on a diamond.  Of course, they don't realize how the whole house of cards they've built their lives upon could collapse and leave them scrounging for nickels at any time.  That's especially true of the younger ones like Justin who don't remember the bad old days of living in the two bedroom house and hoping that someone would gift them with their next meal.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, rue721 said:

I don't see anything wrong with having a very simple or inexpensive engagement ring. It's the symbol that matters, not the price point.

But the crowing about Claire and Justin being independent adults is driving me insane. No, they are not. They have less experience in the real world than five-year-old Izzy Dillard, and saying that they "graduate" and "work" and blah blah blah doesn't make it so, at least not by the standards of any normal person. What's most depressing is that their apparent belief that their pathetic facsimile of adult life and independence is anything like the real thing betrays their total ignorance and hints at a total lack of curiosity. If either of these children had gone to actual school or had actual-not-working-for-their-fathers jobs, then they would be singing a very different tune. What bullshit.

My engagement ring was not too expensive. I don't like diamonds but I love emeralds. The one I have is a real emerald and not a factory created one. I know it was maybe in the area of $400 or so. My wedding band is a simple silver band (I am not a fan of gold either). I haven't worn either much since covid started. Between washing and sanitizing my hands every few seconds, I was worried about harming the finish. 

Izzy does have more real world experience, he goes to an actual school. 

• Love 10
17 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Evidently, Justin recently flipped a doublewide on 4 acres for about $150k profit. He can pay off that ring now.

Was that in Arkansas or Texas? Also, did he really?

• Love 1

was in Texas if I remember correctly he was shown wearing a Spivey construction shirt on the job and several pics of Clair helping him.

James and Jason have had public record bank loans for their flips in arkansas - they both had JB as a co signer since they were minors

• Useful 5
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

was in Texas if I remember correctly he was shown wearing a Spivey construction shirt on the job and several pics of Clair helping him.

James and Jason have had public record bank loans for their flips in arkansas - they both had JB as a co signer since they were minors

So loans are OK now. After JB badgered Derick on camera about how he would deal if his car broke down without getting a loan. Asshole. Also about how Derick would support Jill while damn well knowing he had a job with Walmart corporate headquarters.

Funny how JB never asked uneducated teen Ben how he would support Jessa. Oh wait, that was because Pa Seewald sold his son to eternal Duggar slavery. 

Edited by SMama
Clarification
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Justin 'Graduated' from the SOTDRT.  That's nothing to be proud of.  His job is probably working for his daddy. Like most of his siblings, and in laws. Claire.. Your fiance isn't that great. 

he is working for Claire's daddy, and she has been working for daddy as a "secretary" - when the wedding happens, any old time now, she will give that up and spend her days doing pregnancy testing

• Love 4

I was wondering the same - TLC couldn't film the usual duggar extravaganza wedding and then what could TLC film/pay for as a honeymoon?? what country would except another dumb duggar honeymoon trip and the film crew during a pandemic?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

The double wide flip was in Arkansas. I have no clue how he even had 40 grand to buy in the first place.

• Useful 7
19 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

The double wide flip was in Arkansas. I have no clue how he even had 40 grand to buy in the first place.

I could see JB advancing him the money and being paid back when the flip was over. I don’t see JB being generous enough to just gift the money. 

• Love 11
23 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I was wondering the same - TLC couldn't film the usual duggar extravaganza wedding and then what could TLC film/pay for as a honeymoon?? what country would except another dumb duggar honeymoon trip and the film crew during a pandemic?

Caribbean? There's actually quite a few countries right now desperate for tourism dollars that they're accepting a negative COVID test result 48-72 hours before travel and then rapid testing once you land. If positive, you quarantine at the resort for 14 days. If negative, go on your merry way. 

I would have to check if the UAE has changed their policies but last I checked it was a negative test result 72 hours prior to travel and a rapid test administered after you clear customs at the airport. 

Not sure we'd get the Duggars wanting to go to the Middle East though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 11/27/2020 at 4:11 PM, ginger90 said:

Yet she hasn’t deleted a comment from 3 days ago saying, “Looks like a super spreader!”. Perhaps she doesn’t know the meaning. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Maybe she thinks the comment was directed to Claire, predicting her future as a super-spreader of legs for Jesus? 

I'll see myself out.

• LOL 12