Type keyword(s) to search

Claire.....wait, There’s a Justin?

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

the plot thickens on the property that was signed over to Justin. I think it is the house he supposedly flipped and it is now for sale by Duggar go to realtor Thomas Joseph.  Not Joe or Jer with the listing. 

the property was listed for sale on the 4th of december and title transferred to Justin on the 8th

though Zillow and others have it not for sale, Thomas Joseph has it up on his company's site and it seems you can schedule a virtual or in person tour any day this week.

• Useful 9
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

the plot thickens on the property that was signed over to Justin. I think it is the house he supposedly flipped and it is now for sale by Duggar go to realtor Thomas Joseph.  Not Joe or Jer with the listing. 

the property was listed for sale on the 4th of december and title transferred to Justin on the 8th

though Zillow and others have it not for sale, Thomas Joseph has it up on his company's site and it seems you can schedule a virtual or in person tour any day this week.

Why why why why why why would you not have your sons -- supposedly training to run your big family business unto eternity -- learn the real-estate trade by acting as the agents for relatively small-potatoes properties like this? It's not like any other significant roles in the "family business" are apparent for them.

Plus, JB is supposedly the big real-estate guy. Inherited long-running real-estate bizzes from his parents. That's usually stated as the basis of his supposed wealth. So why why why why why do all the real-estate sales now seem to be handed off to some other guy who works out of an agency??? 

Does JB just buy crap that's going cheap, have the boys (and a bunch of other people) tackily renovate it and then hand it off to somebody else to sell? 

What "business" are these people in? Aren't they actually mainly slum lords who mow the lawns occasionally? Or what? Do they still have a side-of-the-road car lot in operation? Are the "boys" actually being "trained" to do something that they'll be able to carry on after JB becomes decrepit or are they just the flunkies and playboys they continually portray themselves as? Is everything JB's purported big business does so tacky and shady that nobody can actually know what it is? Does Josh earn a dime? WTF? WTF? WTF? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 20
22 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

What "business" are these people in? Aren't they actually mainly slum lords who mow the lawns occasionally? Or what? Do they still have a side-of-the-road car lot in operation? Are the "boys" actually being "trained" to do something that they'll be able to carry on after JB becomes decrepit or are they just the flunkies and playboys they continually portray themselves as? Is everything JB's purported big business does so tacky and shady that nobody can actually know what it is? Does Josh earn a dime? WTF? WTF? WTF? 

I suspect it's likely the bolded items. I recall a few years ago JB went to the prison gates when some fundie swindler was released from serving his time for FELONY convictions pertaining IIRC to either fraud or tax evasion or something like that, and was photographed in the car with buddies driving the guy home. You are known by the company you keep  . . . Just saying.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Useful 7
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I suspect it's likely the bolded items. I recall a few years ago JB went to the prison gates when some fundie swindler was released from serving his time for FELONY convictions pertaining IIRC to either fraud or tax evasion or something like that, and was photographed in the car with buddies driving the guy home. You are known by the company you keep  . . . Just saying.

Yeah, it was Kent Hovind, on his way from prison to finish off his term in home detention after conviction for very very Christian sovereign citizen tax evasion (which Hovind has long "taught" to other very virtuous Christians). 

So, yeah. Birds of a feather. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 7
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

when I looked last week the roadside car lot had 17 vehicles listed as available for sale - the usual 10 to 15 yr old junk

Thomas Joseph was also the real estate person that listed/sold the house Jase supposedly built.  for all the bragging on having 4 people in the family with a real estate license - the thomas joseph guy is the listing agent on duggar properties most every time

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I'm not understanding this. Justin bought the house, renovated it, then sold the house to JB, JB gave it back to him, and Justin put it up for sale with a realtor?

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm not understanding this. Justin bought the house, renovated it, then sold the house to JB, JB gave it back to him, and Justin put it up for sale with a realtor?

Justin never owned the house before Dec 8 2020. JB bought it in april 2020 from a bank it seems for $35,000.. old pics show it was a dump. so Justin and the howlers renovated and it was signed over to justin Dec 8th. but was listed by the realtor dec 4th.  these duggars sure do things a bit different

this all seems not to fit with the timeline of Justin living with the spiveys for the last year though

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
Just now, crazy8s said:

Justin never owned the house before Dec 8 2020. JB bought it in april 2020 from a bank it seems. old pics show it was a dump. so Justin and the howlers renovated and it was signed over to justin Dec 8th. but was listed by the realtor dec 4th.  these duggars sure do things a bit different

this all seems not to fit with the timeline of Justin living with the spiveys for the last year though

Oh okay. I was thinking this was the flip that Emma Woodhouse mentioned, where Justin made $150,000.

So this house is one of JB's renos, he put it up for sale of the 4th, but signed it over to Justin on the 8th. Is the listing still up?

Maybe the Duggar boys, minus Justin did the reno, JB put it up for sale and then Justin decided to move back home, so JB instead signed it over to him?

5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I've read a few articles about celebrities, including Ellen and Tamron Hall, about workplace covid issues. Most are tested regularly, but as we all know that doesn't really matter unless its every single day. One show I read about said only the staff in closest contact with the celebrity were tested often, so the other staff were nervous to come to work, but needed the income. 

I'm guessing the Duggar TLC crew reflect the country, some worry about covid and some don't. And some have concerns about the safety of airplane air and some don't. I'm guessing some are more at risk for complications and others aren't. And then there's income need.

The TLC crew can also get around a lot of the rules (if they want to) because they can avoid filming on public property. Some states have no rules for households and if they do, only the worst, like a huge house party, are enforced. TLC could film whatever they want and edit it to look like they were following protocol.

Yeah scripted programming is more strict from what I've heard second hand. Most of the scripted shows are working on tight timelines and can't afford to have one of the leads take time off to isolate. I know the new show Cecily Strong is on had to work fast, especially Cecily had to get back to SNL by a certain time. 

Granted it seems like we've moved to talk shows and reality shows because $$$.

5 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Lately I've been skipping a lot of topics around here and mostly participating in Small Talk, but Mrs. Robinson-Spivey has sure spiced things up. She's a nice change from the vapid teens who are the "official" subjects of this topic. 

And of course now I've got an earworm, and I know that sometime this morning I will have to listen to the song.

Koo-koo-ka-choo, Mrs. Robinson
Jesus loves you more than you will know
Whoa, whoa, whoa . . .

Between her crush on Justin, being starstruck by the D-list Duggars, and thirst she's the most entertaining Duggar adjacent. The rest are just THE SAME.

If she remains this thirsty I will watch next season and create a Mrs. Spivey montage to Mrs. Robinson. I need an awkward look between Justin and Claire tho.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh okay. I was thinking this was the flip that Emma Woodhouse mentioned, where Justin made $150,000.

So this house is one of JB's renos, he put it up for sale of the 4th, but signed it over to Justin on the 8th. Is the listing still up?

Maybe the Duggar boys, minus Justin did the reno, JB put it up for sale and then Justin decided to move back home, so JB instead signed it over to him?

maybe Emma Woodhouse can add more to this story.

but it is a JB purchased house that he bought for $35,000 and for sale for $189,900

yes the listing is still up. has an  offer pending it says now.

• Useful 3
2 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Yeah scripted programming is more strict from what I've heard second hand. Most of the scripted shows are working on tight timelines and can't afford to have one of the leads take time off to isolate. I know the new show Cecily Strong is on had to work fast, especially Cecily had to get back to SNL by a certain time. 

Granted it seems like we've moved to talk shows and reality shows because $$$.

Between her crush on Justin, being starstruck by the D-list Duggars, and thirst she's the most entertaining Duggar adjacent. The rest are just THE SAME.

If she remains this thirsty I will watch next season and create a Mrs. Spivey montage to Mrs. Robinson. I need an awkward look between Justin and Claire tho.

And Ellen has covid.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

They're just trying to confuse us. 😁

• LOL 6
53 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

but it is a JB purchased house that he bought for $35,000 and for sale for $189,900

Perhaps the tax implications are better if Justin owns the house and makes the profit?  He also just turned 18, perhaps he couldn't legally own the house alone in his own name until he reached majority.  Or, it is just more of the shady shell game this family plays with all of its assets.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9

maybe Justin is getting his TLC money owed to him - house put in his name - he sells it, takes the money and goes off to TX to a different crazy family and has a bit of cash to start a new fundie life

those duggar boys are just so responsible and self sufficient when daddy gifts them a house they can sell🤣

the house now is totally in his name, so any sale money would be his.

edited to add - there would be no profit for Justin so no taxes and being under $200,000 i am not sure he would have to buy another house of equal value within a certain time or anything

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Why do they need an outside Realtor?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

They shouldn't.  Most realtors that I know handle their own buying and selling, maybe ask a colleague to help with it, but mostly do it all themselves.  What else are those kids doing that they wouldn't be able to show a house?

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Maybe one of our Arkansas experts knows more, but at least in Maine and Washington keeping up a real estate license costs money and time. There are ongoing continuing education requirements, MLS dues, Errors and Omissions insurance premiums, and license fees. My guess is JB & Sons are too lazy to bother, so they probably just have this guy on an extra low percentage commission deal and shovel listings his way.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Maybe one of our Arkansas experts knows more, but at least in Maine and Washington keeping up a real estate license costs money and time. There are ongoing continuing education requirements, MLS dues, Errors and Omissions insurance premiums, and license fees. My guess is JB & Sons are too lazy to bother, so they probably just have this guy on an extra low percentage commission deal and shovel listings his way.

taking response to small talk

• Love 1

So a bunch of interchangeable Wonder-bread Duggar boys with little to no carpentry training are renovating houses paid for by Jim Bob that get listed by an outside realtor who is then selling the homes back to the same mix & match Duggars?  Sounds legit to me.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I would definitely want to see the permits and licenses on any house renovated by the Duggars. I would not count on it being up to code on anything.

Yup. Buyer beware. Always get a potential home inspected. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Those were the figures I had. I read in another group that Justin bought and sold the property. Looks like the information I had was about half correct. 

• Love 3
On 12/15/2020 at 2:33 PM, doodlebug said:

They shouldn't.  Most realtors that I know handle their own buying and selling, maybe ask a colleague to help with it, but mostly do it all themselves.  What else are those kids doing that they wouldn't be able to show a house?

I think they are using an outside realtor to avoid any liability / law suits.  There is more liability when you are selling your own property.  The transfer to Justin is most likely for tax purposes.  His tax rate on any gain would be lower than JB's.  They are definitely playing games with their sales, taxes, permits, etc.  I would not be shocked if the IRS was called at some point.  Hmm.. I do believe the IRS offers a finders fee.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

then it would have went to an LLC - i think it is Justin's buy off - if it was a house flip in his name he would have had JB as cosigner just as James and Jason have had,

Jessa, Joe and Joy got houses they can sell. the rest of the over 18s got LLCs.. Jana got an actual building in just her name and an LLC and Jill and Derrick went for the money.

if you want to alert the IRS for a finders fee - the duggar properties LLC and the 2 JB and michelle trusts routinely shuffle properties among each other. the appraisals seem to go down quite a bit most of the time in the process, so the taxes become lower

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

I was trying to figure out what movie scene I had in my mind for Claire's "official documentation" bullshit, and I finally figured it out. Raising Arizona's parole board!

Except I doubt the Duggars or Spiveys are capable of being this entertaining. 

10 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

That story has more holes than Swiss cheese. 🙄

Especially since they're out of state. I could maybe buy the "we kept it quiet for months" if the Spiveys were local, but there is just absolutely no way that Justin and Claire conducted this romance discretely for months as "friends." 

• LOL 9
  • Love 6

I'm so confused. "Official documentation"? Wtf does that mean? And I thought there was no relationship before courting in their world? And didn't both sets of parents have to approve? Claire is just making shit up now.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

Claire seems to have Jessa levels of ineptness at lying paired with Jessa's penchant for doubling down on her own bullshit out of spite. She might be fun. In a dumpster fire kind of way. 🙃

• LOL 11
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Zella said:

"For official documentation"? What the everloving fuck. 

In my mind's eye, I'm envisioning a panel that takes notes as you make your announcement. 

Just about to post that. WTF does “official documentation “ mean???

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, Temperance said:

We know JB had 50 page questionaire for the his sons-in-law. Maybe something similar for the ladies?

Maybe Justin was dodging the Spiveys' questionnaire. LOL

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I'm with you all about Claire's post. She's going to need some coaching from Jessa.

Announced to family? All I can think of is this is when Justin moved to TX. They were long distance "getting to know you" (dating), with some trips back and forth, and needed to make it official (documentation, lol) for Justin to move to TX. There was no "keeping it quiet" because they were two minors living in two different states. I think the Duggars would have noticed the young female stranger hanging with Justin at the Christmas party in 2019. (well, maybe not, lol)

They're not too far off the track of 3 months of dating, 3 months of courtship, 3 month engagement. I'm guessing the longer stages have everything to do with their ages, and the pandemic made the parents cave, and allowed the move into afore mentioned "official documentation" of courtship.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Temperance said:

We know JB had 50 page questionaire for the his sons-in-law. Maybe something similar for the ladies?

Perhaps it took all eight of those "quiet" months for Claire to finish her dissertation for JimBlob.

The fact that she said she and Justin were close "friends" is interesting.  I realize she probably doesn't understand the use of quote marks but what she's saying is that they were, in fact, more than friends.  I wonder if her mother helped her write that to keep the "mystery" alive and her daughter "relevant."  

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, ouinason said:

I'm pretty sure that they see courtship as a kind of contract, so in that context it makes sense.

Also, I can see her wanting "documentation" as a part of the "testimony" that they are doing things the "correct way" with Courtship/Marriage etc. When they tell their story to other young people two weeks after their wedding, they have to have evidence you know.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

They're going to have a super spreader wedding. Just so they can kiss and have sex. No concern about their guests. 

nor will their guests have any concerns about going

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm with you all about Claire's post. She's going to need some coaching from Jessa.

Announced to family? All I can think of is this is when Justin moved to TX. They were long distance "getting to know you" (dating), with some trips back and forth, and needed to make it official (documentation, lol) for Justin to move to TX. There was no "keeping it quiet" because they were two minors living in two different states. I think the Duggars would have noticed the young female stranger hanging with Justin at the Christmas party in 2019. (well, maybe not, lol)

They're not too far off the track of 3 months of dating, 3 months of courtship, 3 month engagement. I'm guessing the longer stages have everything to do with their ages, and the pandemic made the parents cave, and allowed the move into afore mentioned "official documentation" of courtship.

Perhaps the fact he was still a minor impacted the timeline?

• Useful 1
9 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

They're going to have a super spreader wedding. Just so they can kiss and have sex. No concern about their guests. 

If their guests aren't concerned, and they're not, why should Justin or Claire?  People who really were concerned about COVID wouldn't attend a large wedding at this time.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 9