Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

24 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

I am struggling to be excited about this season.  It will start so late. We know very little about the girls. No real teasers about girls or show.  Am I the ONLY. One in this boat?

I don't even get CMT on my cable anymore.  Dropped it to save $$$$$$.  Doubt very seriously I'll even bother to buy the season anywhere.

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

I am struggling to be excited about this season.  It will start so late. We know very little about the girls. No real teasers about girls or show.  Am I the ONLY. One in this boat?

I'm right there with you. I'm also the Debbie Downer that doesn't think any of this should have happened, so I don't want to spent money to support it. Plus I already know they cut my favorite cheerleader (and even if they show her getting oxygen in her hotel room, I don't believe she should have been but), so why bother?

• Love 20

Has anyone else noticed that after game 2 they changed the masks the girls wear. The use to be covered in rhinestones but the ones they have worn the past couple of games are plain blue.

Made me wonder if the league had been on them about how often the blind ones seemed to slip off girls faces.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

Has anyone else noticed that after game 2 they changed the masks the girls wear. The use to be covered in rhinestones but the ones they have worn the past couple of games are plain blue.

Made me wonder if the league had been on them about how often the blind ones seemed to slip off girls faces.

I noticed this however in the UK were told after so many times of wearing them they’re not safe anymore I thought perhaps they’d changed them so the masks weren’t ineffective after the girls had spent hours dancing in them 

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

No.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

It seemed like Darian was having to look at Lexie a lot and was behind on choreo or just didn't remember it period....and what was up with Briana (one of my faves)?? She looked tired, was behind/forgetting choreo...that hurts my heart to see her dancing like this 😞 

Ashlee looks AWESOME, so did Kelcey,, Amanda, and Rachel... and I love Chandi's curls!! 🙂 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

....and what was up with Briana (one of my faves)?? She looked tired, was behind/forgetting choreo...that hurts my heart to see her dancing like this 😞 

Same here!  Although I feel she would be too professional to do this, I like to think she is doing it on purpose in a way because she has checked out.   We know how close she was to Brennan (and probably didn't even need to be close to Hannah to think this), but feels that her friend(s) were wronged.  And even though it was Brennan's name, I think it was unforgivable that the time they do feature her during the game, they put someone else's name & stats on the big board.  (and someone that was cut/not even on the team at the time?!?!? I still want to know who F-ed that up lol)

Edited by GaveIn
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

Eventhough I am excited to see it all unfold again, I am struggling to get into it like previous years. The great part of it all (in previous seasons) was the day by day social media posts by participants who were through to another round. We didn't get that. And we didn't get enough teasers from those stages.

We probably will not see Kelli step out a SUV with full make up and East Texas color blocking walking towards the camera, and we will probably not see excited girls with great expectations standing in line, or cameo's by superstars like Danielle Barhold or Brittany Evans. Upside: we will not see Amy show the choreo next to Judy.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

It seemed like Darian was having to look at Lexie a lot and was behind on choreo or just didn't remember it period....and what was up with Briana (one of my faves)?? She looked tired, was behind/forgetting choreo...that hurts my heart to see her dancing like this 😞 

Briana has seemed very lackluster and has made a few game day mistakes. I would imagine when you lose a good friend on the team (Brennan) it would take some of the joy out of performing. Of course, she could be not feeling well or have a slight injury that we don't know about that could be the reason. Or, perhaps we have just seen unfortunate moments and that the majority of the time she looks great. I hope the latter is the case.

Perhaps this will be her last year with the team. I just hope that it is because she wishes to leave instead of coming back and being cut, IF her performances truly are sub-par.  

On a different note, as much as I enjoy watching the DCC perform, as a football fan of any team, I would HATE to be in those lower seats and unable to have a clear field of vision of the game!

• Love 12
11 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

I am struggling but it is because of this lockdown on info.  Last year, we got to go through the whole TCC process with them as it happened with day by day leaks, etc.  Then we got to actually get to know the girls before the show started via social media so it was SOOOOO much more exciting!  Yet, with all of our knowledge, those who wanted to be non-spoiled still could.  As I see it, by locking down the info, they have successfully killed the excitement with the people who truly care (us!) in order to make 100% sure that the random fans are unspoiled.  Stupid.  Stupid, stupid, stupid.  Now, when we do see it, they will likely be so masked up that I can't even tell them apart.  TPTB have really hurt themselves with obviously stupid marketing decisions.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Opine said:

I am struggling but it is because of this lockdown on info.  Last year, we got to go through the whole TCC process with them as it happened with day by day leaks, etc.  Then we got to actually get to know the girls before the show started via social media so it was SOOOOO much more exciting!  Yet, with all of our knowledge, those who wanted to be non-spoiled still could.  As I see it, by locking down the info, they have successfully killed the excitement with the people who truly care (us!) in order to make 100% sure that the random fans are unspoiled.  Stupid.  Stupid, stupid, stupid.  Now, when we do see it, they will likely be so masked up that I can't even tell them apart.  TPTB have really hurt themselves with obviously stupid marketing decisions.

My feelings EXACTLY...so much of the initial excitement for us viewers will not be there.  However, I am still glad there will be a show, and I definitely will be watching.  For me personally, I do thank Charlotte Jones, the Cowboys organization, and CMT for agreeing to continue the show.

• Love 3

I have this feeling DCCMTT #15 will be sucktastic, but I am hoping not. I feel bad for the rookies. Their year is going to blow, because they will miss out on performing on the field, for starters. I don’t get why TPTB said “no field performances”. There is tons of room to dance 6 feet apart if necessary. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

I have this feeling DCCMTT #15 will be sucktastic, but I am hoping not. I feel bad for the rookies. Their year is going to blow, because they will miss out on performing on the field, for starters. I don’t get why TPTB said “no field performances”. There is tons of room to dance 6 feet apart if necessary. 

The no field was an agreement between players and nfl 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

It still makes no sense to me. There’s (more than) 50 yards on a football field. 

I know but it’s just what they wanted essential people only 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

It still makes no sense to me. There’s (more than) 50 yards on a football field. 

Basically essential personnel only - you are talking players, coaches, medics, trainers, assistants, referees, etc.  That is a lot of people on the field.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Basically essential personnel only - you are talking players, coaches, medics, trainers, assistants, referees, etc.  That is a lot of people on the field.

Exactly....and do you really want to do a jump split on a field where players & coaches have been sweating and spitting? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

in the pass not all girls tried out for show group.  Maybe Savannah did not try out because of the time you need to put into it.  and as for not seeing the girls faces because of the masks. there seems to be one that does not know how to wear her mask and we all know who that is

• LOL 2
53 minutes ago, dotdot 37 said:

in the pass not all girls tried out for show group.  Maybe Savannah did not try out because of the time you need to put into it.

Perhaps Savannah didn't try out for showgroup this year. But last season she said it's been a goal of hers for the past two seasons to get on showgroup. She really wanted to do a USO tour with her teammates because she comes from a military family background. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, MeeMee2 said:

Perhaps Savannah didn't try out for showgroup this year. But last season she said it's been a goal of hers for the past two seasons to get on showgroup. She really wanted to do a USO tour with her teammates because she comes from a military family background. 

and didn't Kelli pretty much act like Savannah was crazy if she thought she had a shot at it?

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

and didn't Kelli pretty much act like Savannah was crazy if she thought she had a shot at it?

I feel so bad for the girls when they see that onscreen.  If anything, Kelli should be supportive of all the girls wanting to try out.  After all, isn't it every girls dream to be on the squad and make it to show group?🙄

• Love 11
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

I feel so bad for the girls when they see that onscreen.  If anything, Kelli should be supportive of all the girls wanting to try out.  After all, isn't it every girls dream to be on the squad and make it to show group?🙄

Ok...my dream would be to see one of the girls (Gina or Jalyn come to mind)....in the middle of Thunder...just stop dancing,  throw a finger in the air and say "Peace out you effers" and walk off the field with a full house of onlookers!  (will that happen?? heck no but I can dream) 😛 

• LOL 11
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

Ok...my dream would be to see one of the girls (Gina or Jalyn come to mind)....in the middle of Thunder...just stop dancing,  throw a finger in the air and say "Peace out you effers" and walk off the field with a full house of onlookers!  (will that happen?? heck no but I can dream) 😛 

I want to see it on camera:)  Didn't someone say that Hannah chewed them out when she was cut?  I would love to see that shown - the whole thing, not any edited version trying to make K&J look good.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
23 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

omg what when lol

I can't swear to it...just the general take I got from people last season, when Savannah said SG was one of her goals...and it was like Kelli "poo'ed" it.  Someone else would have to verify this 😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

Might try out for DCC just to do this!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I want to see it on camera:)  Didn't someone say that Hannah chewed them out when she was cut?  I would love to see that shown - the whole thing, not any edited version trying to make K&J look good.

If Hannah DID chew them out (and it was not only filmed, but aired unedited), it would make watching this steaming pile of a season actually worthwhile.  However, we know that, even if it WAS filmed, Kelli will either not allow it to be shown at all or edit the living daylights out of it in an attempt to not only make her look good, but Hannah look bad.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Usually when the girls perform for K&J, say group 1 will get up and perform the routine, sit down and rest while the other three groups perform.  Because of the bubble, and trying to limit the movement between rooms, Brianna said that the groups would go one at a time to the big room with K&J and perform several dances in a row.  I can't remember her exact words, but something about it was harder, trying to maintain stamina - no rest in between.  I can see them editing it to make it look like Brennan was having a harder time without mentioning the new procedure, or showing that other girls are tired as well.

• Useful 7
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

Ashlee looks AWESOME, so did Kelcey,, Amanda, and Rachel... and I love Chandi's curls!! 🙂 

Yeah, I noticed that too - Darian seemed off a LOT.

PS - Team Amanda, especially now that Hannah and Bridget are both gone.  I'm also team Gina, Ashlee, and Jalyn, and I can barely get any enthusiasm up for anybody else.

Edited by heckkitty
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, mizzhyer said:

I can't swear to it...just the general take I got from people last season, when Savannah said SG was one of her goals...and it was like Kelli "poo'ed" it.  Someone else would have to verify this 😉

That's a Kelli hallmark. You're supposed to want Show Group but you'll get ridiculed for it. It's like when she laughed at Alexandra last year for saying she kept trying out because she was in love with the uniform. Kelli reveres the uniform right up until someone she wants to make fun of says that her goal is getting a uniform.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

I'm trying really hard not to be a bitch here but is that they best they have? Her turns and leaps are below average and she makes some very weird faces. It wasn't a pleasant watch like so many of the others have been; something about Lisa just makes me uncomfortable to watch. However, I don't dislike her as much in pom style.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
38 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

Didn't care for that.  I am not a dancer.  But, TO ME, she struggles as much here as she did with two awesome dancers.  She has to stop and position before she spins, her leaps are too low, and she all put fell in that ending.  Also, there were a couple of points that I felt really called for some pop (pulling her arms in to her waist) that she just moved through.  I see others have like this dance, but IMHO, no.  This one shouldn't have been shared.

• Love 19
20 hours ago, Lona said:

Savannah. Man oh man. I’m always back-and-forth with her. She seems sooooo sweet and really pretty but being such a higher-up vet with no SG or leadership position tells me maybe she isn’t the best dancer.

I was happy to see her get ROTY, though. Seems she’s well-liked and respected by teammates! 🙂 

I didnt need that to tell me savannah is not that good. She seems to be genuinely well liked and can do appearances so im fine with her being on the team but yeah she’s struggling a lot.

20 hours ago, MeeMee2 said:

This comment makes me think of Victoria's first time in TC, when she was whining and pouting about not making show group, only to make it the next year. Yes, she got scolded ( a tiny bit) by Kelli for being childish about the situation, but I can't help but feel other girls on the team would NEVER make it on SG if they complained the way VK did.

I mean... Angela, a 5th year vet was ridiculed to death for assuming she’d get SG. I can’t imagine another rookie hopeful getting a second chance after whining for not getting SG.... while on WW and struggling. They’d have been cut right there and then.

10 hours ago, GaveIn said:

Same here!  Although I feel she would be too professional to do this, I like to think she is doing it on purpose in a way because she has checked out.   We know how close she was to Brennan (and probably didn't even need to be close to Hannah to think this), but feels that her friend(s) were wronged.  And even though it was Brennan's name, I think it was unforgivable that the time they do feature her during the game, they put someone else's name & stats on the big board.  (and someone that was cut/not even on the team at the time?!?!? I still want to know who F-ed that up lol)

I sincerely hope that was done on purpose by someone who got just as pissed as we did. But how unprofessional by this so called world class organization.

2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

If Hannah DID chew them out (and it was not only filmed, but aired unedited), it would make watching this steaming pile of a season actually worthwhile.  However, we know that, even if it WAS filmed, Kelli will either not allow it to be shown at all or edit the living daylights out of it in an attempt to not only make her look good, but Hannah look bad.

Wait wait... we know that MTT crew is checking these boards... so dear whomever, kindly note that every single poster here (well the vast majority) would pay lots of money to buy the whole season if and only if you agree to air this. Only way to get us to buy the season!

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Opine said:

Didn't care for that.  I am not a dancer.  But, TO ME, she struggles as much here as she did with two awesome dancers.  She has to stop and position before she spins, her leaps are too low, and she all put fell in that ending.  Also, there were a couple of points that I felt really called for some pop (pulling her arms in to her waist) that she just moved through.  I see others have like this dance, but IMHO, no.  This one shouldn't have been shared.

And yet something tells me TBTP/CMT are putting together an "inspirational" show group storyline for her for next season. 😂

Edited by Lona
  • LOL 5
On 10/24/2020 at 4:45 AM, bunny said:

Ever since Amanda rolled onto the scene, I loved her. Couldn’t stop watching her in that video. Whatever “it” is, that girl has it. I love her look-she’s absolutely stunning but not in that DCC blonde boring cookie cutter way, her body is perfect and her hair style makes her stand out even more. She’s my Face Off queen and I want to see her in the triangle with Ashlee and....I still haven’t decided the third for my current dream triangle 😂

A little off-topic here, but Syfy is running past seasons of Face Off early Tuesday mornings. They just started the final All-Stars season where Amanda is one of the models. 

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, DallasCeramicPot said:

I’ve followed Lisa on social media for a very long time now. She’s not the ~best~ dancer, and relies on her rear end to do a lot of the work for her. She was all over the place in this one 😕 

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b4ucd4ni0zgl8skgl5t

That corgi butt tho 😍😍😍

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, DallasCeramicPot said:

I’ve followed Lisa on social media for a very long time now. She’s not the ~best~ dancer, and relies on her rear end to do a lot of the work for her. She was all over the place in this one 😕 

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b4ucd4ni0zgl8skgl5t

The corgi dances better then some of the girls on the squad and is cuter then many of them as well.  Just saying.

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, Opine said:

The “electricity” effects did her NO favors either.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Usually when the girls perform for K&J, say group 1 will get up and perform the routine, sit down and rest while the other three groups perform.  Because of the bubble, and trying to limit the movement between rooms, Brianna said that the groups would go one at a time to the big room with K&J and perform several dances in a row.  I can't remember her exact words, but something about it was harder, trying to maintain stamina - no rest in between.  I can see them editing it to make it look like Brennan was having a harder time without mentioning the new procedure, or showing that other girls are tired as well.

No offense to Brianna but that seems like a pretty piss pour excuse. On game days they do multiple dances in a row so they should have the stamina to do that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

No offense to Brianna but that seems like a pretty piss pour excuse. On game days they do multiple dances in a row so they should have the stamina to do that.

Do they dance while the ball is in play?  

10 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Do they dance while the ball is in play?  

No. They normally stand at attention and watch the game so they know when to hype up the crowd or a touchdown dance. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, MeeMee2 said:

No. They normally stand at attention and watch the game so they know when to hype up the crowd or a touchdown dance. 

I didn't think so from what I've seen.

I would think TC was more tiring this year since it was the condensed version.  Learning new routines, practicing until late at night or early in the morning.  Having to have everything perfected within a week or so for show group auditions.  The stress.  And of course, filming and working virtually if they had to.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

IIRC, it wasn't so much that Kelli thought she was crazy for making it, but more that she felt Savannah couldn't be disappointed for not making it. She was comparing Savannah to Jalyn, because Jalyn didn't make it back to SG and Kelli said she couldn't handle it well while someone like Savannah could smile through it because she didn't have a year of experience. Haven't watched season 14 in a while though, so I may have misread or misremembered it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2