Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

38 minutes ago, BunnyHop96 said:

Whoever was to the left of Maddie during the first half ish of the vid seemed sluggish to me 😬

- During thunderstruck, the 7th ish girl in from the right? With the hella long black hair? Yeah she was being EATEN ALIVE by that hair, it just seemed to be slowing down her performance cause she was constantly waiting for it to catch up with all of the stupid hairoraphy. Time for a trim maybe?

- And whoever was to the left of her seemed to have some timing issues as well

-Lexie

-Darian

-Lexie

• Love 1
4 hours ago, lexie3248 said:

Found this on youtube if anyone wants to see some of how they are during the games since DCC's social media doesn't show as much as they used to. 

was that savannah toward the end between (i think) marissa and amber? she looked so much weaker than the girls around her 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, MeeMee2 said:

Love all the natural hair pics! Amelia reminds me so much of DCC Paige in that shot. I know she doesn't make it, but she looks gorgeous! Still a bit bummed about Sheridan. I really wanted that comeback story for her.  

Edit: @lexie3248 Thank you for that video! I watched it all! Love getting to see near full routines and what the girls are doing now there is no kickline.  I have to admit, Marissa was killing it!  The brunette on her right looked really sluggish tho.  And they need to make Amanda point already!

I agree that Marissa looked very sharp. Or as K/J would say...her Pom Poms were making noise. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, MeeMee2 said:

Love all the natural hair pics! Amelia reminds me so much of DCC Paige in that shot. I know she doesn't make it, but she looks gorgeous! Still a bit bummed about Sheridan. I really wanted that comeback story for her.  

Edit: @lexie3248 Thank you for that video! I watched it all! Love getting to see near full routines and what the girls are doing now there is no kickline.  I have to admit, Marissa was killing it!  The brunette on her right looked really sluggish tho.  And they need to make Amanda point already!

Looks like Briana 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, BunnyHop96 said:

At least they’ve improved since the first game but how are they STILL having timing issues starting/stopping dances?

It’s probably harder with this different formation to “follow the leader” - one long line compared to a small group with the GL in the middle 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RileyJDR said:

I agree that Marissa looked very sharp. Or as K/J would say...her Pom Poms were making noise. 

I’ve noticed about Marissa and if you watch her as a whole with others around her, she is sharp but has awkward and wrong moments. You’ll see on the show, editing TBD obviously, she’s often strong but wrong. If you compare previous videos of word up-it’s not hard to find, they’ve done it since Lincoln was alive-you’ll see Marissa rushes or is late. She’s “bold,” using a Kelli term, but she’s frequently off timing. I.e. when they all bend over forward and sweep from their left leg to their right leg. Marissa is early and then late. The rest of the dancers that you can see all go over with straight arms and swing over to the other leg. Marissa punches down and comes up by herself. Same thing in the leg drag things in the walk back to the front. If you compare it to the other 76 times they’ve done this dance, no one ever lifts their leg off the ground and she did it twice. But her and Brianna are two very different styles of dancers as well, so that’s Judys fault for putting them next to each other plus Savannah. It’s why you never see a Daphne next to a Maddie. Two very different dancers. Judy gets paid too much to not have this figured out by now.

Edited to add-I really don’t care that much about any of those that I mentioned, and from what I hear, Marissa has gotten slightly better as a teammate. So good for her.

Edited by lemonbus230
  • Useful 4
  • Love 11
47 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

I’ve noticed about Marissa and if you watch her as a whole with others around her, she is sharp but has awkward and wrong moments. You’ll see on the show, editing TBD obviously, she’s often strong but wrong. If you compare previous videos of word up-it’s not hard to find, they’ve done it since Lincoln was alive-you’ll see Marissa rushes or is late. She’s “bold,” using a Kelli term, but she’s frequently off timing. I.e. when they all bend over forward and sweep from their left leg to their right leg. Marissa is early and then late. The rest of the dancers that you can see all go over with straight arms and swing over to the other leg. Marissa punches down and comes up by herself. Same thing in the leg drag things in the walk back to the front. If you compare it to the other 76 times they’ve done this dance, no one ever lifts their leg off the ground and she did it twice. But her and Brianna are two very different styles of dancers as well, so that’s Judys fault for putting them next to each other plus Savannah. It’s why you never see a Daphne next to a Maddie. Two very different dancers. Judy gets paid too much to not have this figured out by now.

Edited to add-I really don’t care that much about any of those that I mentioned, and from what I hear, Marissa has gotten slightly better as a teammate. So good for her.

Are they not using their studio at the star ? 

4 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

If you compare previous videos of word up-it’s not hard to find, they’ve done it since Lincoln was alive

THIS!!!  I was thinking that while watching the video, like there are 100+ other cheerleaders that we've seen do these moves so we know what it should look like (or how our favorite DCC looked doing it 🙂 ).  If there are season ticket holders in those endzone section, I'd bet half of them will know most of the moves by the end of the season.  I know if they were in my direct sight to the field, I would appreciate seeing some different moves (and I say moves bc they aren't fooling me with new 'dances' that are the same moves rearranged).  

Also, I know the straight line is new to a lot of them, but come on, they are the best of the best, they shouldn't still be having timing issues.  And I totally agree about Judy and the placement/order of the girls...when you watch just one, it looks good, but when you are watching a few it starts looking a little messy.  Most of the time nobody is doing anything wrong, they are just such different dancers.       

Edited by GaveIn
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, lexie3248 said:

Found this on youtube if anyone wants to see some of how they are during the games since DCC's social media doesn't show as much as they used to. 

Amanda looked amazing in these videos, that group overall looked much better than the other group where they were focusing on Savanah and maybe two rookies? Big difference, the group around and including Savanah were off on their timing and didn’t seem to know the dance very well.

I am impressed with the updates they made to still be able to cheer. It can’t be easy to wear a mask and dance an entire game. I think the Thunderstruck on the deck version is fine, I think it showed creativity to come up with a solution to not being on the field. I like that they still play video of the field version on the big screen too. 

• Love 7

If anyone wants to know, the lineup on that deck is:

Amber, Savannah, Marissa, Briana, Kristin, Jalyn, Darian, Lexie, Maddie, McKenzie, Lisa, Chandi, Kelcey, Amanda, Rachel A, Ashlee

I thought Marissa looked like she had a lot of power (although she made mistakes), McKenzie also looked good. Darian was strong in some parts and weaker in others but she blended in well. Honestly the weakest on there was Briana which I hate to say but she made a couple very noticeable mistakes and looked like she was tired the whole time, I would think as a 3rd year vet she would have had more stamina.

Ashlee, Amanda, Marissa, and Amber were the most powerful (that were featured)

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I hope this season shows more side by side dancing clips that are long enough to understand the feedback TPTB are giving.  In the videos so far, I've seen a few examples of not finishing the step, rushing, and playing keep up. And shall I say Marissa looked more like crispy bacon 😂 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Amber, Savannah, Marissa, Briana, Kristin, Jalyn, Darian, Lexie, Maddie, McKenzie, Lisa, Chandi, Kelcey, Amanda, Rachel A, Ashlee

I thought Marissa looked like she had a lot of power (although she made mistakes), McKenzie also looked good. Darian was strong in some parts and weaker in others but she blended in well. Honestly the weakest on there was Briana which I hate to say but she made a couple very noticeable mistakes and looked like she was tired the whole time, I would think as a 3rd year vet she would have had more stamina.

Interesting, I enjoyed watching her the most in the country dance, of the dancers we saw. Beauty/dancing all in the eye of the beholder. But what I think we can all agree on is TGIF!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

Yes watching Marissa, I remember a comment Judy made to someone on the show and she said "they'll notice you because you have lots of energy but you're making mistakes" and that's the kind of critique I'd give Marissa. In some of their dances, my eyes go to her because of her energy but she looks like she's doing a different dance compared to the girls next to her.  

• Love 2

Is it just me, or do they look like they're having to limit their movements foot-wise? Like they aren't going full out on steps? Maybe because the deck is slippery, or they don't feel as secure on the deck as they would on turf?

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Do you have the lineup order of the other deck as well?  I know who is on that deck...by process of elimination...just not the order 🙂 

8 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

Do you have the lineup order of the other deck as well?  I know who is on that deck...by process of elimination...just not the order 🙂 

Yes the lineup on the other deck is:

Caroline, Victoria, Alora Rose, Kat, Jessica, Madeline, Armani, Daphne, Claire, Gina, Tess, Erin, Jada, Taylor, Dani, Alanna, Sydney, Cianna, Elli, Rachel W

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Caroline, Victoria, Alora Rose, Kat, Jessica, Madeline, Armani, Daphne, Claire, Gina, Tess, Erin, Jada, Taylor, Dani, Alanna, Sydney, Cianna, Elli, Rachel W

Thank you!! You are a rock star!! 🙂 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Thank you!  I'm still so curious why some groups are so rookie heavy, that deck has so many compared to the 3 on the other side.  I liked last season when they talked about the personality test results.  I wish they would go a little more into why girls are put in certain groups.  I would love to know as well how they match 2nd leaders with the 1st.  Is there more to it than just seniority & favoritism involved?? Like some of the girls we thought (or wanted to be) 2nd leaders, maybe their management style didn't mesh with any of the current leaders?  

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Looks like Briana 

Oh ok. Thank you. I was hoping it wasn't her but I had a feeling. Bri and Savannah looked really tired in the video, like they were just going through the motions. Hopefully an off day? Marissa had some timing issues, but she was spunky and really fun to watch. My eyes couldn't help going to her because of the high energy she was putting into every dance. 

2 hours ago, Pau84 said:

She looked really great. Her body has wonderful curves and flawless dimensions! Gorgeous!

Can I also add that besides being very pretty, Rachel A. is a consistent strong dancer, has demonstrated superb maturity and leadership and has lasted nearly half a decade drama-free! :)

• Love 21
5 hours ago, Lona said:

Can I also add that besides being very pretty, Rachel A. is a consistent strong dancer, has demonstrated superb maturity and leadership and has lasted nearly half a decade drama-free! 🙂

True but somehow still a blender with all the rockstars in year 3 and all the drama with year 2s.

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

True but somehow still a blender with all the rockstars in year 3 and all the drama with year 2s.

I gotta say with all the recent drama we could you some more “blenders” 😉

And to be honest I really wouldn’t even call her a “blender.” She IS on show group after all 🙂.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Lona said:

I gotta say with all the recent drama we could you some more “blenders” 😉

And to be honest I really wouldn’t even call her a “blender.” She IS on show group after all 🙂.

When I think about it, my favorites over the years (for the most part) have not been the superstars, but the "blenders". That could be because I know that I most likely would also be a blender on the team, lol!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, bunny said:

Ever since Amanda rolled onto the scene, I loved her. Couldn’t stop watching her in that video. Whatever “it” is, that girl has it. I love her look-she’s absolutely stunning but not in that DCC blonde boring cookie cutter way, her body is perfect and her hair style makes her stand out even more. She’s my Face Off queen and I want to see her in the triangle with Ashlee and....I still haven’t decided the third for my current dream triangle 😂

I'm so glad other people feel the same about Amanda! She's been my favourite since the first time I saw her dance

• Love 10
3 hours ago, bunny said:

Ever since Amanda rolled onto the scene, I loved her. Couldn’t stop watching her in that video. Whatever “it” is, that girl has it. I love her look-she’s absolutely stunning but not in that DCC blonde boring cookie cutter way, her body is perfect and her hair style makes her stand out even more. She’s my Face Off queen and I want to see her in the triangle with Ashlee and....I still haven’t decided the third for my current dream triangle 😂

Couldn't agree more, I love that she's not a stereotypical all-American pretty but she's still crazy beautiful! An Ashlee-Amanda-tbd triangle would be incredible. So much sass and pop! I'd put Kelcey or Jalyn to complete the triangle, with Erin in the diamond. (I only chose those ladies as I think some 4th/5th years will retire after this season). An Amanda-Ashlee-Chandi triangle would be darling also!

• Love 18
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

Couldn't agree more, I love that she's not a stereotypical all-American pretty but she's still crazy beautiful! An Ashlee-Amanda-tbd triangle would be incredible. So much sass and pop! I'd put Kelcey or Jalyn to complete the triangle, with Erin in the diamond. (I only chose those ladies as I think some 4th/5th years will retire after this season). An Amanda-Ashlee-Chandi triangle would be darling also

My dream triangle would be Amanda/Ashlee/ Kelsey. With Amanda as point. Wouldn't mind Chandi in there somewhere. But sadly don't think Jalyn will ever get out of the shadow of the show group drama  even if she's a fantastic dancer. 

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, MeeMee2 said:

My dream triangle would be Amanda/Ashlee/ Kelsey. With Amanda as point. Wouldn't mind Chandi in there somewhere. But sadly don't think Jalyn will ever get out of the shadow of the show group drama  even if she's a fantastic dancer. 

The Jalyn thing is such BS. Some face no consequences no matter their behavior, some are penalized for the smallest thing and are never, ever forgiven. 

• Love 8

I agree about Amanda, but at the same time something about her rubs me the wrong way. Her weird Teennick/music career background just makes it seem like she will do anything to be known. Like that didn't work out, but I'm a dancer, so I'm gonna go throw DCC at the wall and see if it sticks

LMAO I really do think she's stunning though. Interesting in a way most blonde DCC aren't

• Love 1
1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

I agree about Amanda, but at the same time something about her rubs me the wrong way. Her weird Teennick/music career background just makes it seem like she will do anything to be known. Like that didn't work out, but I'm a dancer, so I'm gonna go throw DCC at the wall and see if it sticks

LMAO I really do think she's stunning though. Interesting in a way most blonde DCC aren't

Agree to disagree with you here.  She is a natural performer.  For those who are, being in the spotlight is the only career for them.  Not so much the chase for fame, but the chance to perform.  She is IT!

• Love 16
8 hours ago, vanillagum said:

When I saw the first episode of Season 14 and she was spotlighted I also got that vibe of "Oh she's just here for fame." Out of all of the 2019 rookies she was 4th for "most likely to be a one year wonder." (Meredith being 1, Lily being 2 and Kat being 3) But the fact that she stuck around for another season even with COVID-19 shows that maybe she really wants to be a DCC (or maybe she just wants to get the perks of being vet) 

Either way she's my favorite out of the 2019 rookies and she has the whole package (dance, looks, and ambassador vibes) so I am a HUGE AMANDA FAN!!!!! In fact I am going to chance my profile pic right now 🙂

Edited by TheGenuineBeauty
  • Love 9
On 10/24/2020 at 11:45 AM, bunny said:

23 hours ago, Sara 1 said:

I'm so glad other people feel the same about Amanda! She's been my favourite since the first time I saw her dance

21 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Couldn't agree more, I love that she's not a stereotypical all-American pretty but she's still crazy beautiful! An Ashlee-Amanda-tbd triangle would be incredible. So much sass and pop! I'd put Kelcey or Jalyn to complete the triangle, with Erin in the diamond. (I only chose those ladies as I think some 4th/5th years will retire after this season). An Amanda-Ashlee-Chandi triangle would be darling also!

19 hours ago, MeeMee2 said:

10 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

I’m a huge fan of Amanda as well. Her solo last year just captivated me.

7 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

When I saw the first episode of Season 14 and she was spotlighted I also got that vibe of "Oh she's just here for fame." Out of all of the 2019 rookies she was 4th for "most likely to be a one year wonder." (Meredith being 1, Lily being 2 and Kat being 3) But the fact that she stuck around for another season even with COVID-19 shows that maybe she really wants to be a DCC (or maybe she just wants to get the perks of being vet) 

Either way she's my favorite out of the 2019 rookies and she has the whole package (dance, looks, and ambassador vibes) so I am a HUGE AMANDA FAN!!!!! In fact I am going to chance my profile pic right now 🙂

♡♡♡

Oh, I am so happy to hear so much appreciation for Amanda because I am Team Amanda all the way!

TEAM

Image20201025.jpg.84b7f45ed2beae0df5058e78157316a9.jpg

• Love 14

Amanda is my favorite also. She was so awesome in training camp,then I found some of her dance videos on You Tube. She's been dancing her whole life. Can't wait for this year's solo. Go Amanda😍

• Love 3

Has anyone seen this? Lots of Savannah, Marissa and Briana on there and you can see how Marissa makes a lot of mistakes. You can definitely see that Savannah and Briana are veterans 

• Love 2
On 10/25/2020 at 12:10 AM, DCC-UK said:

Amanda is an amazing dancer and really captivating to watch. Seems like a nice girl too. Next season I’d love to see her in the triangle or as point and think any of Ashlee, Amber, Caroline would be good for point too (if they all stuck around). I’d say Gina for the triangle too but dunno If she’ll still be around next season. Kelsey would also be good in the triangle and when her and Amanda are 4th years they’d be awesome sharing point I reckon!  In the future Chandi could be in the triangle too. 

• Love 9
On 10/25/2020 at 7:16 AM, Pau84 said:

Oh, I am so happy to hear so much appreciation for Amanda because I am Team Amanda all the way!

I love Amanda as well.  She's my second fave rookie out of her season...Kelcey is my fave from that year 🙂 

I'm going to have to grab what information I can about the new rookies from here, because, as of right now, I'm not planning on watching the season....now that could all change but I doubt it.  😉

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 13
On 10/24/2020 at 5:10 AM, UnicornKicksBack said:

It’s a team, they’re supposed to blend in. We just need two different words to describe them -there are blenders like Rachel who is powerful and clearly strong enough to be SG so she keeps up good without being center of attention. Then there are “blenders” like Savvanah who is struggling with the choreo and will never be front and center because of that. No hate, we need different types in the team but yeah.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

It’s a team, they’re supposed to blend in. We just need two different words to describe them -there are blenders like Rachel who is powerful and clearly strong enough to be SG so she keeps up good without being center of attention. Then there are “blenders” like Savvanah who is struggling with the choreo and will never be front and center because of that. No hate, we need different types in the team but yeah.

Man, I don't even consider Savannah a blender. She's just so bad to me. I wish that wasn't the case. I actually really like her. 

• Love 12
On 10/14/2020 at 2:51 PM, DCC-UK said:

God, Ashlee has such a pop on screen leading them out. I'd love to see her in the triangle. 

I soooo agree!!    I've always loved Ashlee!! 

• Love 16
6 hours ago, cgloss said:

Man, I don't even consider Savannah a blender. She's just so bad to me. I wish that wasn't the case. I actually really like her. 

Savannah. Man oh man. I’m always back-and-forth with her. She seems sooooo sweet and really pretty but being such a higher-up vet with no SG or leadership position tells me maybe she isn’t the best dancer.

I was happy to see her get ROTY, though. Seems she’s well-liked and respected by teammates! 🙂 

• Love 12